Weird Music

At the very least, music that is extremely unorthodox in a videogame. It can be relative, or something like the following example here.

How is that weird?

Relative to videogames, sounds out of place for a sonic game.

Mandatory. Jammin' techno beats and Buddhist chanting for a game about reincarnation and retrieving lost souls in an alien world.

Though to be fair, I dunno what kind of music wouldn't feel out of place in a game like this.

And this one's a bit weird but it's from a puzzle game so they can get away with using whatever music they want.

Post-apocalyptic atmospheric DnB with loads of layering

Experimental futuristic beats on the Genesis

Operatic aquatic New Age fusion

EYES EYES EYES

Cosmic industrial

Jazz fusion?

Avant-garde progressive folk

French wave techno jazz fusion

Not entirely sure what this is

Minimalism to the max

It's David fucking Bowie

I don't see it user. Paintballers listen to Cocaine-Countrycore all the time.

Russian trip-hop

Tribalistic techno

The kind of music that plays while fighting the evil giant mecha-bird-shaped alter ego of yourself

It's Batman but heavy FM synth techno plays in the background

Hardcore techno on the NES

When you gotta make atmospheric tracks for the entire soundtrack but decide to break out into smooth jazz instead

When you gotta make ominous sci-fi orchestral tracks for the soundtrack but decide to break out into breakbeat trip-hop instead

FUN IS INFINITE
FUN IS INFINITE====FUN IS INFINITE
FUN IS INFINITE
FUN IS INFINITE
FUN IS INFINITE

Nothing will ever top this.

Doom 64 had a very dark and ambient soundtrack which only got more tense and strange as the maps progressed into hell. More atmospheric than Doom 3 tbh fam.

Good taste.
Raizing made some god like shmups.

You want fucky video game music?

Melodramatic eletronic music in a fucking sonic game.

As a kid i always thought that stage was what LA looked like for some reason.

Honestly there have been weirder things in sonic games. Honestly who would have though of putting sonic in a fight against Arabs and old ass Brits?
The story book games were dope as shit. Too bad we won't be getting any more, the idea behind them were cool.

Someone said that this song was so hardcore that it made the focus group too afraid to keep playing, which is why Sonic CD's US soundtrack was different but I can't find any evidence to support it.

Isn't the music supposed to reflect on the future that you allowed to happen? You didn't do anything to stop the area from being destroyed, and now you must face the consequences. It's pretty cool how much emotion can be carried through music.

Wild Woody's soundtrack is weird.

Playstation Doom also had a very atmospheric soundtrack, by the same guy even. Just listen to this, it oozes with dread.

I can't think of a single Mario game with a song that sounds like this

very gay music. This is why sonic is autistic.

a single OTHER Mario game*

odyssey had very gay soundtrack. Watched a friend play it and the song when he fought bowser in the end was extremely gay.

very retarded post. This is why you belong on cuckchan.

I'd argue that the storybook games were only good in concept. Their execution fell flat, especially with Black Knight. Music was nice though.

What's even crazier is the composer of that game went form doing trippy DnB styled bomberman music(pic related being the weirdest in the game also the least used) to doing arab music and, i think, supports islam. Don't quote me on that last part though.

This one is a tad bit similar

First I heard of it.
I thought the games were fine. My biggest gripe with them is the on-rails hallway style levels that's been used in every Sonic game since, which for some reason people say it started with the daytime levels in Sonic Unleashed.
All of the ideas that Sonic Team has are pretty good, but they would be cooler if they would apply them to things that aren't Sonic. They need to branch out more, because when they do tings that aren't Sonic they do some amazing shit.

Makes sense to me

That along with Sonic Unleashed and SA2's Dry Lagoon/other Rouge tracks was also what I was thinking. And as far as Sonic is concerned, would demo tapes/prototypes for Sonic songs being beatboxed by Michael Jackson himself count, OP? Embed related

That was the intended effect and purpose of the original soundtrack, Sega USA pussed out and for twenty years Americans got a limper, confusing, and half-made version of Sonic CD.

Nature of the series let Mitsuda and Hirota make some bizarre sounding stuff without it being out of place.

Magic Pengel has really nice music, but I none of the battle themes really sound like battle music. Vid related.

You didn't say good.

Granted, the rest of the track was even weirder.

Oh, that must be the same composer of the Secret of Mana remake's remixes.

For a PS1 RPG, Breath of Fire 3 had a strangely jazzy soundtrack. Here's the first Overworld theme.

And here's the song that plays during the awesome fishing minigame. I still stand by it being the best fishing minigame in any game, period.

Most of them aren't old enough for that, i suspect. Anyways, remastering a soundtrack using fucking bagpipes, your macbook, the accordion playing off key and a poor chorus.

This song really stands out to me for some reason

MAD MAN

EXER SUGAR