NIHON FALCOM THREAD: Cute Cats Edition

DON'T FORGET TO SUPPORT THE GAMES (or not if it's a NISA/Aksys release) AND SPOILER THE SPOILERS

- Trails of Cold Steel 2 PC released on February 14th.
- NISA have pushed the PC version of Ys VIII back once again to an undefined date. They have opted to give the game to another developer to finish porting it.
- Ys VIII to be ported to Switch
- Zwei: The Arges Adventure has been released on PC through Steam and GOG by XSEED.
- Tokyo Xanadu eX+ has been released for PS4 and PC. No changes were made to the localization.
- Ys VIII released on PS4 and Vita. NISA fucked up the translation. Examples: imgur.com/a/58G3W Translation fixes are slated for a Jan. 30th release.
- XSEED have ported Ys SEVEN to PC. It is available now on Steam and GOG.
- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection has been released on Steam and GOG.

- Cold Steel 3 released in Japan. Remember to spoiler the spoilers.
- Cold Steel 4: The End of Saga to release in the fall of 2018 in Japan.
- The full Trails in the Sky trilogy is finally in English. They are available on Steam and GOG and were recently updated to include Turbo Mode.
- Trails of Cold Steel I is now on PC through Steam and GOG with gameplay enhancements and newly voiced lines of dialogue.
- Tokyo Xanadu released on Vita. Aksys fucked up the localization. Examples: imgur.com/a/RgUTF

- Trails from Zero is at 60%.
- Ao no Kiseki Fan TL is 100% complete but it is not edited.
- Brandish 2 Renewal has been completed
- Ys VIII fan retranslation project has been cancelled until the official fix is released. The team wants to see if NISA can fix the problems. If not, the retranslation will continue.
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project is finished. English tl patches coming in the next months tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm
- Also in the works: Dinosaur Resurrection and Vantage Master Japan

- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
mega.nz/#!Bw5SURQK!fsrMwjX72trMpoXK3Vx6kKn7cgcj1h5sf5E1OSqgA0s
- Trails of Cold Steel: JP voices
mega.nz/#!WkUyhDbb!B8dXNO2aBwNHibQ7tjTCyQLrX-bbBUV2jkZVUYxJ0Q4
Dummy files (Required to write over the newly recorded English dialogue)
mega.nz/#!AoVmhDoL!h7fYCD14LQD14Ema9zWVvqHZegYJX2PF9EYWbn3x-DM
Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6A260B5B9AA460EB5A71AA88A5B314583DF419D4
-Trails of Cold Steel 2: JP voices + Dummy Files (same as above)
mega.nz/#!ywdFnKSD!c9E15HA0bRqU-5kro8gmqcQeRBg8Priqjv3d7dX0W5U
mega.nz/#!x11giKyL!ucCRM3OkmGQGbpRdVGdYeg-svzJ7cgUEuFzT2TaQyD8
Merge the JP voices and Dummy files into one folder and dump that folder into the voice folder.

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!k5ZjwTCD!A4Uyb67OpQQ_qCoB-zvx0g
archive.is/bLErF
twitter.com/supremezerker/status/965678404128444416
archive.is/5g4LC
nichegamer.com/2018/03/07/falcom-announces-card-battling-smartphone-rpg-legend-heroes-trails-sky-kizuna/
archive.is/gaSP5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Could somebody also post whether or not there's any issues with the voice files for CS2 following future patches due to the addition of a few missed english lines, if it's working i'll or someone else if they want make a single mega folder for the undubs since it's gonna make the OP too big after a few more games.

Appologies if I missed shit just ask the faggot who usually makes these OP's

Also, a question not from me that won't get answered from the last thread

I don't dig Cold Steel as much as I did Skies/Crossbell. Aside from the music there's something very off about every single aspect of the game, including the gameplay. At the very least I liked Fie as a waifu but otherwise I can't really get myself to go get CS2 and play through that.

How do I open these doors in brandish 2? is it one of those things where I have to comeback much later?

CS2 got an update to 1.1 and the undub still works without problems.

I feel like the writing in Trails has deteriorated over time. It was ok in TitS 1, but by TitS 2 the problems started becoming glaring. For one thing, they're way too afraid of killing off characters. They're practically immortal. Not only main characters, but also side characters and even nameless NPCs. It's even more obvious when you have bad guys that talk about cutting people in two for fun or smashing skulls, yet every time someone goes up against them, they survive. Remember that time in TitS2 when the old butler, alone, stays behind to delay those four enforcers including the stupidly edgy "direwolf" and the "angel of death"? How a whole bunch of nameless soldiers try to fight them before that? All of them just get knocked out with no lasting injuries. Remember when you're climbing the tower at the end and fight all four of them? All of them survive, including the hyperedgy """direwolf""" and Charizard's mentor from the circus. The latter even has a drawn out scene where she falls to her death, but it's fucking ruined because she just bell chimes herself to safety somehow so the scene is completely pointless.

IIRC not a single person dies in the TitS games (mainly the first two, as the third one is really just a glorified endgame dungeon-slash-epilogue where the main plot is entirely irrelevant to the two previous games), aside from Joshua's oniisan (through a self sacrifice) and the "I am a god" last boss guy. Though he wouldn't have if Kevin hadn't come back in his gets-shit-done edgy mode.

The same thing plagues the CS games, at least the first two which are all that I've played. It's even dumber in CS2, when the empire is at fucking war yet IIRC the only deaths are Otto and Crow. I actually liked Otto's death because they finally showed that there are some fucking dangers in war, but even then it was silly because he was the only death. They brought in gundams to destroy and set fire to a village, yet there is only ONE death. Not even any nameless off-screen NPC deaths are mentioned. Not that I just want suffering, but it's very hard to take the game seriously when they won't off even characters that by all logic should be killed in the situations they are in. As for Crow, I don't know what the fuck the gang was thinking when they thought they could bring him back. It's as if someone shot the US president and his buddies - who he had betrayed by the way - actually thought they could make things just like before if they just slapped some sense into him. One would think that there are some consequences for such an act. It could have worked if it was shown that they're just wilfully blinding themselves to the truth, but at no point in the entire game is it pointed out that you can't just drag the chancellor's fucking murderer back and make things just like before. How many times are we going to have to stop Bleublanc before someone figures out to stab him in a cutscene? I don't even care about the guy any more, because I already know that he's going to do something, talk about beauty, then teleport away after he gets beaten up.

Aside from that, CS2 in particular has some poor writing, most glaringly anything dealing with the army. Surely they could hire someone to tell them that there is more to military tactics than lining up your tanks and gundams twenty meters from the enemy that is doing the same. Do none of their writers think this is fucking retarded? They're practically just comparing power levels. Don't get me started on how their commanders stand on top of the fucking tanks before and during battle, barking orders that the drivers should already have been given before the enemy was sighted. Why make a story about the military when a ten year old could see how offensively stupid the portrayal is?

I haven't played anything outside of the TitS trilogy and CS1/2 due to not knowing moon, so I can't say anything about the other games. But the way things are going, it feels really hard to take the story seriously. All that's left is waifus, and I think they're putting less focus on them with each game, which I would support if the main story was strong enough. Plus, while I'm sure they'll come up with some excuse to bring muh class VII back together, the actual best waifu with only Fie as competition seems to get sidelined even harder based on the tiny bit of CS3 info I spoiled for myself.
Since a bunch of people in these threads seem to have played CS3, are my fears warranted? Please keep in mind that I'm not looking for actual spoilers.

>She bell chimes her way to safety.
It's ambiguous as to whether she is alive or dead, user.
Yeah, you can stop here because you're a retard.
>Otto and Crow died
Crow is alive. You're forgetting Vulcan who died when his special Soldat exploded.
>I'm mad that these young teenagers who have been exposed to Emma's and Vita's magic believe there is some way they could bring Crow back

It's an anime game, user. Stop crying over how anime the anime game is. If you don't like Cold Steel 1 and 2 you aren't going to like 3.

My Sword Autist can't possibly be this cute.

Guess I'll have to avoid these threads for now to avoid spoilers, its too tempting and risky to not hover my mouse over text when I know I shouldn't and I have a bad habit of desiring to read long walls of text about video games
also: reached Zeiss yesterday. Why is this city so filled with autism?
Seriously, its cheap and my first impressions of this place aren't very good, even if science loli a cute.

Everyone there is just really into science.

Its not about the love of science which is perfectly fine, its about the autistic behavior.
These people talk and act like robots and autists who lack social skills

because all they do, all day, every single day, is work on robots and computers.

well, hopefully that doesn't make for a shittily characterized town. Seems almost gimmick-tier which is a shame since I really have enjoyed every other town up until this one, though maybe its just a poor first impression.

We both know that means she's alive though. Especially with her bell chiming like that. I don't think even the guys that are lazy enough to use the same really bad roar sound effect for literally every fucking thing in the game, including the final boss, would use a bell chime as a death thud.
Don't you start, you know exactly what I meant and you're misquoting me on purpose at that. Kevin was a barely relevant character in most of TitS 2, and aside from how he goes edge mode at the very end nothing about the main conflict in 3 relates to or is hinted at in the first two games. The two main characters from the previous two games become side characters with almost no relevance aside from convincing Renne to stop hating people so much and sort-of-maybe become their adoptive daughter. And sure, that's something, but that might as well have been an epilogue in TitS 2. It didn't even bring any actual resolution to that plot line, it just ended with Renne saying that they'll still have to catch her. TitS 3 just serves as a way to show what happened to the characters from the previous games after the ending. Kevin's story is almost entirely self contained, and so is the whole deal with the dimension they're in. The another dimension deal in particular comes out of nowhere and then resolves itself with, as far as I know, no future impact on anything. Actually, the endgame dungeon in CS2 reminded me of it quite a bit, on a smaller scale. It's an excuse to let you bring back all the characters so that you can run around some floating color coordinated dimension that has nothing to do with anything. That's what I thought TitS 3 felt like when I first played it, too; an endgame dungeon, though massively drawn out, that gives you some glimpses into what they characters do after the ending.
>Crow is alive. You're forgetting Vulcan who died when his special Soldat exploded.
That sounds like a pretty big spoiler, and even dumber considering he shows up as a spirit in the ending. And yeah, I forgot about Vulcan, but even then the death count is two fucking people in a war (three if what you said about Crow is wrong). Point still stands.
>I'm mad that these young teenagers who have been exposed to Emma's and Vita's magic believe there is some way they could bring Crow back
Nigger are you really pulling the "omg people can throw fireballs and you expect there to be some sort of internal consistency or coherent plot" argument? Even ignoring that shit, there is zero mention of any kind that they expect to use magic to drag the fucker back to the academy. Rean just keeps saying that he's going to drag Crow back through force if needed, never giving a single thought to if that could possibly work. Fucker assassinated the goddamn chancellor and the RMP (and presumably quite a few others) know for a fact that it was him. Even if they manage to drag him back, how are they going to deal with the fact that he assassinated one of the most important people in the empire (and with it, set off the events that caused the war, putting that blood indirectly on his hands). He also happened to be a wanted terrorist. Even if they thought to use magic in any way for that, which is never suggested, what would they do? Erase everyone else's memory of Crow? That sounds really, really odd and not like something the biggest goody two-shoes would want to do in the first place. If using magic was ever the idea they had, they would have made that clear at SOME point. If they were going to use magic to let him get off scot free from being a terrorist, igniting a war and assassinating the chancellor, there would have been something in the game about it. They could have asked Emma or Vita if it was possible or something, but there's nothing.
I expect Naruto to be poorly written, but that doesn't mean every single anime out there has to be written just like Naruto. That it is an anime styled game doesn't mean that it has to fall into the same pitfalls as the worst anime we can think of.

Please, if you're just going to be contrarian for the sake of it and nitpick on strawmanned arguments, just drop it rather than derail the thread.

No wonder that she wants the Rean dick when he looks more like Laura's dad for every game.

And of course I fuck up the spoiler, but at least it makes little sense out of context like that.

I think they decided that character interaction and world-building come before anything else. That means that the story falls short when the other aspects are prioritized. I can personally forgive Falcom for this since I never went into the games expecting anything else. As long as the characters are consistent I can accept inconsistencies in the story.

Is that why she shows up in the 3rd

They try to bullshit around her appearance there. But she's heavily implied to be the fortune teller in Ao. Anyway, Cold Steel is by far the bloodiest arc in the series. Despite it's reputation as "campy anime" or whatever, far more people have died in it than any other arc. Even Crossbell, the supposed "dark" one only kills one person: an extremely detestable villain, and the heroes still feel bad about it.

As long as we get to keep Altina, I don't mind.

Have an undub folder, tell me if anything needs added.
mega.nz/#F!k5ZjwTCD!A4Uyb67OpQQ_qCoB-zvx0g

Remember how Loewe came back in 3rd? That place you’re in in 3rd is a mystical place of bullshit made of people’s combined memories, essentially. It was an excuse for a number of characters to find closure in their arcs from SC.

Any girl is better than Millium and Altina is no exception.

Lechter's kind of an asshole.

I already beat you to it, and rebutted it

Just wait until CS3.

Schera cut her hair

For some reason I really love when they do it. Just a little thing to show that the character is a growing/changing person.

TFW we'll see her in 3D soon.

I want my dream of a Sara and Schera drinking contest to come true.

It happened in CS3. Sadly off screen, like everything related to Schera. I mean they keep teasing you in dialogue because she's in Heimdallr with you, you just never see her.

Schera won btw

Well fuck. I had a feeling she would. I just wanted to see it on screen in a bonding event or something where Rean gets to referee the "fight". Dammit Falcom

Well they could always have a rematch in CS4.

As expected of the fanbase. Move out of the way fags, Ys will always remain the superior franchise.

You had an argument for that for a while.
Then NISA came and ruined it all.

But Ys VIII is full of waifu faggotry. And with NISA involved now it isn't even decently localized waifu faggotry.

Ys has always been filled to the brim with waifus, user. They're just not as good because we don’t have enough time with them to flesh them out

way to get 1 and done'd.

You trailsfag are so pathetic

star door 15
What the fuck?

Renne… Had a hard life. Renne's story arc in Zero is pretty good too.

but user, you're a (1) too

at least trailsfags aren't literal faggots :^)

Ys VIII is waifu trash with or without NISA, Mr Baiter. And you were using the present tense.

I find it an abomination when women cut their long hair short.

I'm also not an obvious troll though :^)

This could be interesting. This might be it. It's by no means a sure thing, but this could point to CS3. Just maybe. It's also important that it's Sean saying this, since he wrote and signed a letter saying he would not return if NISA was doing the localizing.

It all depends on whether or not NISA decided to drop a pile of money on his lap. He's a shitlib and a VA. He'll take the money and go along with it.

Considering NISA preys in the "I'll only buy it if there's Jap audio" crowd I honestly doubt they'd give a shit. Also while NISA may have more money than XSeed they still aren't exactly rich and they lost their last major profitable franchise.

Trails confirmed.

Who is this guy anyway? Am I mistaken or was Chiplock the name of Rean's VA?

Yes, he's Rean's va.

Any reason CS3 would be considered a "GIANT personal accomplishment" aside from having more dialogue than the usual JRPG? Or was he this proud of his work on the previous two as well?

He is a pretty big fan of it since it was his first big role, but I did say it wasn't a done deal.

I'm really fucking pissed at this fucking game, at least for this region, it is the absolute worst out of every other I've been to so far
It only picked up towards the tail end, which was nice and the music for the place was fucking amazing but goddamn I am fucking pissed
now I can't finish that fucking librarian's sidequest because it forces me to go to that fucking fort now, what the fuck. Seriously, fuck the Zeiss region and everything about it, it fucking sucked dick.
Tita was the number one redeeming thing about this whole place.

WHAT THE FUCK, I CAN'T EVEN FUCKING HEAL NOW USING THE RECOVERY STONE?
FUCK

Younger Schera. And Dorothy and Nial finally meet. She stole his camera and started using it.

Hope you bought items.

This is why you save before getting into any possible story quests. Also you can heal at the hotel, for cheap, even if not free.
I'm pretty sure you'll still get chances to do all the side stuff once you come back from the fort.

I don't have any problems healing. Its just a bit of a pain especially for someone who likes to hoard like me

I was doing that rather well up until I got to Zeiss where it feels like I went full-retard.
Also yeah, it looks like I'll be able to finish up the quest after all, thankfully.
Still pisses me off how that forced bullshit felt like it has been happening to me for the entirety of the time I've been in this shitty region

Food is also another good item if you have spare mira, there are some items that can boost CP that's good for a battle.
After Zeiss is Grancel and things start picking up. Once you get to SC, you'll do a bit of training to get use to some new stuff but then the first region you visit it Ruan.

archive.is/bLErF
Guys I think the Ys 8 pc port is about to get delayed again :^)

Their president must be in a state of JUST right now, how many high profile fuck ups can they afford?

don't worry, they're giving everyone 5 dollars off their next order. This will all blow over :^)

I really hope Falcom never work with these guys again, XSeed may be a bit slow but I'll take extra time to polish the port up rather than NISA just rushing through everything.

user I don't know if you're aware of this but Xseed has put out 4 Falcom games in the time it took NISA to put out one (on the Switch) and they still have not put out their PC port yet
their "rushing" is an embarrassment to the word's definition

I've gotta ask, are these little "decisions" I take actually amounting to anything?
For example when Agate asks me (estelle) to guess where Russel's being held, does it matter if I make the correct answer or not?

If you get it right you usually get bonus BP when you finish the quest.

The little decisions will typically net you some BP if you choose the right answer. Getting max rank is pretty strict, so if you care about that, there you go.

Ah, okay.

tfw my instincts or maybe just flat-out guesses on certain characters being slimeballs have been 100% accurate so far

There's only one morality guess I've been wrong on in the series so far, and I'm really just waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one. Trails games aren't too mind-blowing on that front.

What? I thought there were supposed to be like 2 or 3 more?

Nope FC only has five. Prologue, 1, 2, 3, Final. SC, on the other hand, has 10.

Yeesh. Are the chapters as long as they were in this game?

On the whole I'd say shorter but there's still way more game than FC. The prologue isn't a full proper chapter like it was in FC, chapters 1-5 are comparative to the FC chapters in length and structure, though they are probably shorter than a single FC chapter on a case by case basis. Chapters 6 and 7 are plot heavy and more brief in comparison. Chapter 8 seems incredibly vast but it actually probably won't take you much longer than a standard chapter and the finale is basically an extended long dungeon.

What do you mean by this? More fighting things you mean?
and that seems like a strange structure, but whatever works I guess, hopefully I'll enjoy it as much as I've been enjoying this one

I mean it will probably take you at least twice as long. It's just a way bigger game.

Xanadu Next Next when?

Damn, that's gonna take a while.
According to (((GoG))) I've already racked up 35 hours in this game, but the in-game time doesn't match up with that
SC is gonna be crazy. How about the 3rd game?

Estelle's story is First and Second. Third is more about a character that appears in Second and sets up some threads for other arcs. Gives characters back story and the like.

FC play through was 60 hours for me, SC was 110. Mind you, I went and talked to every bloody NPC after an event happened. Just to torture myself. I wanted to see all the different dialogue.
An example in FC is walking around Grancel before and after each round of the tournament. A total of 6 times…

3rd is about comparable in length to FC, if not a bit shorter. It is also by far the most different game on the series. The gameplay is mostly a dungeon crawler (though with plenty of story) that is part epilogue to Sky, part prologue to Crossbell and Cold Steel, part short story collection about Sky characters and part original story about a specific character from SC. It's definitely odd, bit I'd still say very enjoyable. Some even like it the best due to it's darker tone, very different structure and interesting, complicated protagonist.

I already got to see backstories, so I'm quite pleased. Still a few questions from SC that will probably be answered as I play I think.

Oh, by Valentine's Day he meant Valentine's Day 2020. I got it.

Just hand it back to Falcom and beg for forgiveness.

DAT LOLI 4 REALS THO

Millium is fucking garbage. This is what a good loli looks like.

There's helicopter parents, then there's Erika. Why wasn't she in the previous games, she's fun.

I have a sneaking suspicion Xseed is just lying about the Japanese VA rights. In reality they spent all their budget on the English dub.

No, they really aren't. CS's Japanese cast is full of famous names. I would not be the least bit shocked if hiring cheap English VAs cost less than licencing the Japanese audio.

Voice actors in Japan have managers, are usually part of agencies that promote them and manage their contracts. VAs tend to have events, ads, etc due to these agencies. These agencies take a cut of the actor's pay, of course.

The problem with acquiring Japanese VA are these agencies. They do contracts with Japanese devs, these contracts usually don't include stipulations for western releases, because usually when a game is being released in Japan there's very little consideration for the western market.

So if a game is being localized with Japanese voices, the localizer would have to be in contact with these agencies, and pay them out of their own pocket to get access to the Japanese voice tracks (if they used the Japanese dev, for example, Falcom, as the middle man, Falcom would have to take a cut too).

Larger companies like NIS, ATLUS, SEGA, etc are okay with taking on that kind of cost (plus most of the games they develop are localized by their western branches), but XSeed is small and mostly operate independently of Marvelous, so they alone are responsible for acquiring the rights to localize Trails and Ys.

Paying agencies for Japanese VA is far more expensive than paying peanuts for English VA. And the problem is multiplied the more famous the Japanese VA is.

I would assume that since these games don't make them a lot of money they can't afford the luxury of paying for Japanese VA. But they can't exactly release a voiceless game.

When Kondo said that "it's up to the localizer", he means that the localizer has to be the one to take on the extra expenditure to acquire Japanese VA.

FUCK
Anyone know what to do?
I literally can't move. I hope it didn't bug out, would be a shame to have to go back to an earlier save file, any ideas?

never mind just remembered there were autosaves

Don't forget that all of those companies mentioned actually have branches in Japan to begin with (if not their main branches). I imagine that's a much bigger deal than anyone thinks when it comes to negotiating these things
Xseed is American-only afaik

I read somewhere that Kadokawa fucking hates Marvelous and this is why XSeeD can't get the right to the original VAs in Falcom games.

That's all hearsay. Hatsuu says it's fake, though it's not like she could say if it's real. The fact is there's no way to know and thus it's impossible to disconnect bullshit rumors from fact because no one actually involved can say shit.

Some hacker got credit card info from people who went through NIS America's shop, and barely any gaming outlets are reporting on it, it seems.

archive.is/bLErF

user

So has agate used his final break on her yet? if you know what i mean I'm guessing he's too much of a pussy.

Agate lives in a world of crazy where literally everyone but him ships him with a girl 12 years younger than him. Even though girls parents, despite disapproving, seem to treat it as a foregone conclusion that he'll eventually steal her virginity. All his friends seem to think it's what he wants, fellow colleagues and even people he's just met seem to think it, the girl's school friends all seem to think it, and Aidios knows the girl won't stop relentlessly pursuing him. Even though he's not really into it, eventually the world is just going to bully him into accepting.

hardest decision in the game so far, lel

yeah, i went with bear too, and olivier because why not.

I think I took Kloe and Olivier because they're the best casters.

I went with them because unfortunately the faggot turned out to be the best "balanced" person on the team
Kloe just feels too squishy and Zin is just too OP with that S-craft or w/e. Olivier has the mana pool and healing potential of Kloe but is ranged and isn't as squish
Agate just feels like a worse version of Zin tbh (though I haven't used him since I got him so maybe that's changed but I sincerely doubt it)

My use of magic has been really erratic throughout this playthrough so I might just be retarded I made Estelle the closest thing to a main healer (and a fairly prolific offensive magic user (i.e. spam aerial in the midgame until I realized it was starting to suck major dick and I was actually retarded for doing this)
its late and I'm just rambling ignore me

You can come back and level up other characters as well if you want.

I keep telling you, user, he just likes trolling people. His love interest is a woman.

I think he'd plow Joshua's boi pussy though.

only if he wears the dress

It's legit.

How exactly is Olivier, a bastard with no political power or designs for the throne, a Wilhelm stand in? Because he doesn't like Osborne?

WELP
Finally finished Trails in the Sky FC.
Not sure how to feel about all this. Really mixed feelings from this game so far.
Looooot of things I didn't like about this game to be honest, lots and lots of things I considered flaws but at the end of the day they were inconsequential I suppose. Was a fun experience. When it came to worldbuilding, dialogue, and most of the writing they do a pretty damn solid job. Felt like the start of an epic (though with an an incredible amount of missing puzzle pieces, goddamn), unfortunately it was very rocky and also very slow-paced. So many fucking mysteries and shit left unsolved though, goddamn.

Does all of this get resolved in the Sky games or does it continue on into the Cold steel games?

user you'll have to forgive me but
this man is a gigantic faggot at the end of the day even if he wasn't actually gay (or bi or whatever the fuck he was)

That's what SC is for.

I'm a retard who forgot to read the OP infograph, ignore me

PLAY SC
RECLAIM YOUR EDGY HUSBANDO

I enjoyed Xanadu Next. How's Tokyo Xandu in comparison?
Best Ys stage, music and all.

I would but
Bit too much for me right now. I'll wait for a sale. Also I used valuable time finishing this game that I should've spent studying, though i really do wanna continue

Tokyo in comparison to Next is absolutely bad, but they don’t play anything alike in the slightest. Tokyo is more of a Zwei game, but instead of long dungeons with puzzles you have short dungeons made of hallways you run through. There’s the bonding events they took from Kiseki as well. In my opinion it isn’t the best game Falcom has produced.

What prompted this switch to school settings? I was very much fine with you being some bumpkin who had to go to all sorts of mythical places that had a reliance on 4-6 magical items that sealed the ancient evil. At least that was fucking cool.

Wait until the final chapter of SC and side stories in Third.

lol Oliver was the only character i liked from TitS mainly because of his flamboyant nature and how cunning he actually is, now Estelle, Joshua and Tita damn i hate the 3 to the point of nearly dropping the game.

Jusis and Millium? What is this meme, Falcom?

CS3 pushes them hard. Elliot even wonders if they're a thing.

Poor guy, he didn't deserve this.

Isn't that his brother whose name I've completely forgotten?

Their personalities balance each other out.

No. Rufus has longer hair.

: (

Who does Machias get pushed with, I wonder.

I hope it's not Emma

How many people will be permanently dead?

Patiry. Her crush on him is pretty obvious in CS3.

Oh good. I actually quite like that pairing.

I don't think Angelica or Olivert, Toval and Victor are dead. They could probably even contrive a way for Millium to come back, given her weird nature. Or at the very least she'll be a talking sword.

I don't mind the paring personally but probably some people will be mad that they could not put Rean and her together.
KInda a stupid idea to let you pick the waifu in such a story driven series. It was going to come and bite them eventually.

Jusis was just a damn tsundere all along.

None. This is Trails.

Not really. None of their interactions were ever all that romantic to begin with and considering Rean got an even better replacement loli that rocketed up to number 2 on the popularity polls I don't think many people cared.

i'm talking about emma

Machias and Emma have zero chemistry though? They barely interact. I guess it's better than the other "pixiv pairings." Laura and Elliot interact even less and I'm not sure Gaius and Fie have never even directly spoken to one another. At the very least Patiry shows genuine attraction Machias, something Emma never does.

Emma and Machias at least have that rivalry as the school geniuses going for them. I don't see why anyone would try to pair Laura and Elliot, unless going for "opposites attract". At least with Laura and Gaius you'd get two warriors and with Elliot and Fie you'd get the (almost) legal loli and shota. Any kind of shipping is a terrible idea though, and Falcom made a terrible mistake if they first led people onto the idea that they could choose their waifu, and then pair them up with your other classmates. They're also going to have hell with trying to deal with this in a very continuity-heavy series. Either they're going to have to dance around the whole reanbowl business whenever he and the other characters show up in the future, or they'll have to go with worst fucking bitch Alisa and anger all the waifufags they brought in with CS. I seem to recall George being hinted at being into Angelica, so maybe he'll fuck her straight eventually. At least there they haven't dangled either of the characters in front of Rean as waifu-able as of CS2, so that one wouldn't really cause problems.

I've played CS3 and can tell you this one is going nowhere. Trust me. Machias and Emma's academic rivalry is brought up exactly twice, and both times he's the only one who cares. She just laughs and changes the subject. The subject is never broached again after chapter 3 of CS1. All C7 girls are only given chemistry with Rean because, well, he's a harem protagonist. Alisa, Laura, Emma, Fie, Towa, Sara, Claire, Elise, and Alfin all orbit around him and won't ever have a hint of another love interest. Just like Elie, Tio, Noel, Rixia, Cecil and hell even Illya and Sully kind of orbit around Lloyd the same way. I guess we'll see what CS4 does. My money is on CS4 having possible romantic final bonds with several different girls that will ultimately be non canon as the series goes forward. I expect Lloyd to remain le harem man with no definitive answer and this will be Rean's fate as well in future arcs.

I see anons have forgotten that Falcom writing a harem protagonist for Kiseki isn’t new. As an user above me said, Lloyd is a harem protag. Joshua was, at one point, going to be the protag of the Sky games and was most likely written with a harem of three in mind (Estelle, Joesette, and Kloe) before they changed the protag to Estelle.

>I expect Lloyd to remain le harem man with no definitive answer and this will be Rean's fate as well in future arcs.

I'm okay with this. Better than the alternative which we all know would happen.

The romance is nothing but a novelty. The story portrays this as well, since Rean has no control over his future, due to him being an awakener. Any relationship would be strained due to his position. Unless Valimar is sealed away after CS4 then you might as well pair Rean up with Aurelia Le Guin. Then she could learn the eight leaves style as well.

I expect the Divine Knights to go away after CS4 given what they are. Soldats will still be around though.

If Rean ended up with Aurelia as the canon choice, that would be fucking hilarious. But we know that will never happen.

Happiest pieces of fabric in Erebonia.

Same. Big tanky guy (though now that I think about it, I'm not sure how much that helped) and power-arts guy with wide range crafts.

Patiry?

In the middle yeah.

lel they made Mint flat now that she doesn't have a generic student model. Machias ending up with his childhood friend is a nice touch as well.

Mint is cute! CUTE!

Someone at Falcom really likes petite girls. Even Towa looks smaller than in previous games. Not that I mind.

She hasn't grown any taller and her chest is the same size, but she developed in other ways…

I don't know if you can call that developing, when you only have loose pleated skirts to compare to. A different ballgame altogether when you bring in the tight military officer skirts, suddenly you actually can get a read on her rear.

Judging by her art, the cs3 model is closer to on model than the cs1/2 one. I approve.

Petite is very much an ideal female form, compared to men where being tiny is just a sign of lack of muscles. One of several reasons why modern women and their flabby gorilla bodies are so reviled. Small waists also place more emphasis on the hips. Speaking of hips, , clearly someone at Falcom agrees that Towa has some lovely ones.

I'm actually expecting Rean will probably die at the end of CS4. This is something I don't mind at all. Given the futility of his situation at the end of CS2 (don't know anything about CS3) and the promo art of CS4, Rean will probably be in a really shitty place and I assume will sacrifice and destroy himself for everyone else, because he's that kind of person.

It depends on what type of ending Falcom is going for. Since the sept-terrion of fire and earth are said to be split into the devine knights. The knights are probably fused during CS4 into the sept-terrion. Depending if the phantasmal blaze plan succeeds or not. I think it is likely that the plan succeeds the same way it did in Liberl. Meaning that Rean survives and Valimar is destroyed. Then there is also the Calvard arc coming up afterward, so I am wondering how that is going to play into it all.

I highly doubt Rean will die, as much of a meme as that is. Even with CS3's ending being pretty bleak, Trails overall just isn't that kind of story. I also expect most of the CS3 "deaths" to be walked back.

You know shit's about to get hype when this plays.

Not even the hypest combat track in that game.

Not even close to this

And nothing came from this. Good job, Chiplock.

he announced some netflix anime

wew. I say again, with more sarcasm, good work, Chiplock.

Does a leaked translation patch for the PC version of Zero exist? Or should I just carry on with the PSP version?

This is pretty frustrating.

I think I remember using my mouse while fishing in SC.

Is Cold Steel basically a lolige spin off series or what? Y so many lolis?

I kind of wonder how lucky I got with fishing since I was never stuck on any of the fishing mini games. (I used mouse).

Who do you count? Fie?Towa? Alfin? There's plenty of big titties around if that's your cup of tea.

And they're all inferior.

Reans defining character trait is head-patting and stroking hair. It is easier if they are small innocent girls. The transition into full sized 3d made this possible.

I really felt the RNG during that. I never lowered the difficulty and must have tried it about 6 times before somehow managing to beat him. Just keep at it, user.

See, I had no problem with Jack, but Halle was a bitch to me. Computer Blackjack always seems super unfair to me.

Total times tried: 5
Finally. Screw RNG in card games like this. Having more than 6 cards at a time is essential for poker.

She bet me one game but after that she kept busting on 22.

So I played zero and read a summery/skimmed through a playthough of ao and honestly I feel a bit disappointed about the whole thing. That might change when the decent translation of ao comes out and I can play that but it felt a bit like the arc was riding too much on the coattales of sky. Lloyd and Elie felt painfully boring to me. It was cool to have a gigantic city to interact with throughout the game but it was overwhelming at times to go and talk to them all after every main story event.

on a side note I think they are overusing the "super silly guy is actually a really competent important person"

Hey Im glad this thread is up. Im having an issue with Trails SC. (replaying the first three before Trails of steel 3 and 4 get localized )
I recently installed a new HDD and am trying to run this game from the old one and the saves ust don't appear in the load screen, it's as if I didn't have a save folder, which I do, because I made it and put the save files where the game would check to see where they are.

Do I need to reinstall the game on both hard drives? pls respond

Absolute worst thing you can do in Trails, is making Tita cry.

Well Lloyd and Elie are pretty much the most boring parts of the Crossbell games, in my opinion. People give Rean a lot of shit, but honestly I think Lloyd is a far worse character in that he really isn't one. And Elie is just less tsundere Alisa. That being said I think other characters in the arc, like Randy and Tio, are very interesting and cool characters that I enjoy quite a bit. But Crossbell city itself is the real star, as is the political drama that weaves through it.

Xseed moved the location of the save folder several times. Click the "Save Folder" button in the config exe to get to the current location and put you save files there.

twitter.com/supremezerker/status/965678404128444416
:^)
I've only played Zero but I pretty much agree with you so far.

I always hate the whole "Wow i'm so skill at gambling." thing in video games. If the a.i was actually able to bluff or was shown to be cheating (and you had to out cheat them) would be one thing, but it's always just the a.i has miraculous luck.

I'll have to play ao to make a final decision, but I'm not overly fond of the two.

Yeah, Lloyd's just kind of there. He has no real hangups to speak of and his past is pretty normal.

there is but it's incomplete and they stopped updating it and you'd have to skim through a gbatemp thread to find the latest files.

Zerker is known Lloyd fanboy. There's nothing really bad about him per session, but that's because he's so bland there's really nothing about him at all. The girls love him, he's a good guy who likes justice, doesn't really have ant baggage. He's a VN protagonist. Far more than Rean is.

March 29 Dengeki will have Sen IV info and an interview with Kondo.

Waiting for that Crossbell confirmation. With Tio and Randy making appearances I wouldn't be surprised if Lloyd would take over (as the MC) until Rean becomes available again.

LOL

In case you don't know, the port was extremely shit when they gave it to the new porting team last month, but don't worry, it will be fixed by April! Dood!

Take your bets: how many problems will it have?

archive.is/5g4LC

At this point there needs to be a Todd edit with NISA's retarded mascot. They've lied about the same, or more, times.

Enough for an even bigger email campaign than the last one.

I think it might be worth sticking around this general till Ys 8 comes out, even after I'm done playing 3rd. That said, I think it'll still be a horrible port. Imagine if they have to pull it again.

AND IT ONLY TOOK THEM 7 MONTHS

If anyone will take over for Rean it will be his students. They already do double duty as pseudo-protagonists in CS3. That said, I don't buy the "Rean won't be the MC" meme.

I'm taking the easy way out and doing the opposite, by talking about what it won't have problems with.
It will be purchasable.

Imagine if they even fuck that up. Could there possibly be any NISA shills left if that happens? Don't answer that, of course there will be

inb4 the port somehow manages to steal credit card numbers just like their online store.

Ys 8 PC is like that mountain on Skyrim.

At least you can see the mountain. NISA are telling us we can see the mountain while we’re in a wide open field with no mountains in sight.

so how much bonus damage do you get if you wait until you get 200cp as opposed to 100? is it worth it to wait or should you just use it whenever you can on a boss? is it all or nothing in regards to the bonus so if I have 150 does it do more damage than 100 but less than 200?
This is for Cold steel specifically.

someone either posted a fake spoiler in the last gamergoyim thread or I just had a part of CS3 ruined for me before i got to play any cold steel games
I'm hesitant to ask if its legit here for obvious reasons but I hope it isn't

Spoilers mean diddly squat user. They're worthless without actually playing the game.

The bonus damage counts only if you actually reach 200 CP. Which is usually indicated by a sound effect upon reaching 200 CP.

I don't feel like spoilers mean anything. Every game only introduces more questions regarding the story. Also, a few spoilers hardly take away from the rest of the game. Since most of it is about character interaction anyway.

You know what they say, if there isn't a body, they aren't dead.

its about a character that shows up in trails in the sky, and knowing a spoiler in advance can really ruin the moment when it does arrive
thankfully i don't know if its truthful or not

they didn't say much besides this character being dead, so I hope you're right and I also hope you didn't indirectly confirm or deny anything

>april fools d00ds! aren't we fun and quirky also delayed to "polish" it :3

What is a E and F? I only deal in S up to 4S+

nichegamer.com/2018/03/07/falcom-announces-card-battling-smartphone-rpg-legend-heroes-trails-sky-kizuna/
I don't like this.

Someone tell falcom to stop fucking around with shit like that and just make a stand alone Blade game. The fuckers have a good card game that they can easily expand upon, slap some waifus in and call it Blade III or Blade Expanded or some shit

Saw that myself and it dampened my mood. Not really surprising though, considering other companies being successful (somehow) in their Gacha games, and Falcom is wanting to get a piece of the pie it seems.

meant for

Falcom have a gacha. It’s called Akatsuki no Kiseki.

200 cp is like double damage. S-crafts are especially OP in Cold Steel, just like everything else.

lol

Why do you post all that waifu stuff? Why can't you freaks just stay on topic and keep your fetishes in a containment thread and leave these generals for actual vidya discussion? I love Falcom games and would like to check in and see what they're up to now and then but the way these threads are presented makes me want to puke blood.

Pretty much. If anything this might give them some money for practically nothing.

I just finished the Third.
Wildest ride with the saddest goodbyes.

You can finally do that in 3?

At the right angles.

Oh, boy! Good thing NISA fixed the translation huh? The results really speak for themselves…

So… they basically copied a fan translation then?

No, that is just a coincidence. The fan translation was not public.
It was canceled because they considered the new translation good enough.

You could in 2.

Tita really wants that Agate dick.

How long is Sen3 compared to the other 2?

I've been doing a quick survey of the other Asian regions, and have noticed that none of them have any news for a Sen 3 release yet, where they would likely get it way before us. Sony Asia has also been pushing the series recently, which makes me think either it's gonna take a long time, they're too busy translating something else, or Falcom is gonna wait until 4 is done or close to done before worrying about international releases. Just my thoughts.

Actually good.

On par with CS1 if not a bit longer, so up to there with the longest in the series. This is likely because CS3 features more or less the same plot structure as CS1 but with a more serious tone and less school stuff (the finale isn't about a school festival for example). It features fewer chapters than CS1. There's only four field studies, but each is considerably longer, plus an epilogue on par with CS1 and and finale similar to CS1 as well. Incidentally Kondo claims CS4 is going to be the longest game in the series. There's certainly enough material to cover.

Attached: 1520397324865.jpg (1252x769, 168.82K)

does anyone know if its possible to transfer save files from your PC to the Vita and still have it work in terms of sequels? I'm asking this because there's a translation patch that got released for Trails in the Sky SC evolution on the Vita, and I finished FC on the computer but haven't started SC. It'd be nice as fuck to continue on the Vita.

disregard this, I was not aware that evolution actually sucks dick

Prologue not epilogue, I think you mean. CS3 definitely doesn't have an epilogue…

Attached: 1520384026280.png (241x343, 166.98K)

Post more Sara and Aurelia

Attached: 1506872201750.webm (437x511 327.66 KB, 470.18K)

reminder that Rean gave a headpat to the princess in a fucking church

Attached: monster.png (710x703, 764.12K)

you mean Blade X

To be fair the waifu threads were banned, so you can't really tell them to go away, though i agree with you that all this waifu shit devalues the game more than anything else.

That's not reassuring seeing as CS1 ending is complete garbage, at least now i know to not even touch 3 until 4 is out.

Does this mean that we will get Sen3 soon?

Do you mean a PC port of the non-translated japanese game?

Durante said the source code is still sitting on his computer and Falcom made the PS4 version on their own, apparently.

Attached: 1520861592801.webm (544x560, 139.32K)

Doubt they'll make a PC port for the Japanese market lol.

Attached: Cheers.jpg (1920x1080, 214.83K)

Oh boy we have a non weeb playing weeb games.

Attached: EIYU_12._V180649369_.jpg (250x300, 19.21K)

Attached: 1520800834608.png (1200x339, 457.12K)

Old habits die hard. I have been double checking every chest subconsciously in Cold steel after playing Trails in the sky.

Attached: AbsolutelyDuNot.jpg (1024x1024, 981.04K)

I want to tell her she is cute and ask her out on a date

Attached: IMG_20180313_153217.jpg (542x946, 339.26K)

At least once CS3 releases Her appearance will be quick and bullying magnified by her Lord's presence

Replaying through TiTS and it's really easy to forget just how much Estelle matures, or in other words how retarded she was at the start Gotta love how such a subtle change was only possible due to the mountains of dialogue.

Attached: Estelle Summer.png (600x884 1.97 MB, 186.29K)

The mouse control implementation in Ao PC is garbage.

Since it annoyed me too have an extremely shitty edit that hopefully somebody will improve

Attached: Shitty Edit.png (839x1200, 1.97M)

2017 they said.
Fuck you nisa.

Attached: hei.png (863x1079, 665.69K)

It's your fault for believing nisa in the first place.

It is feels weird in cold steel 2 how everyone references the time they visit Ymir. I know about the drama cd and xseeds translation of it but it still does not feel right how they talk about it all the time.

It's hard not to considering they're there for a good portion of the game.

Blame the Vita. There wasn't enough space so the whole Intermission was scrapped. Ymir's map data is still in there.

Attached: 1520642711364.jpg (2893x3444, 1.07M)

More like blame jap devs for not knowing what is compression anymore

It's not just Jap devs.
Didn't the latest CoD come in at around 70GB, most of which was just uncompressed textures?

I think the latest Forza had close to 100GB.

Who needs compression in 2018? Brazillians? Australians?

Attached: 22a50294c488b9ce44b4c8314e2388f0.jpeg (397x427, 41.5K)

Falcom makes games for their Japanese fans primarily. Drama CDs are not a niche thing over there.

We are talking about a company that expects you to have played 6 games prior to CS2.

Attached: Eiyuu.Densetsu.VI .Sora.no.Kiseki.full.1796855.jpg (1920x1080, 1.63M)

most people who live in poor areas with slow internet (like me) love compression
keep giving me those repacks Fitgirl

I understand that the post was facetious but that exact mentality is what has gotten the games industry into the pathetic mess it's in now.
It's an excuse for shoddy programming and shitty practices.
If your game isn't running on 8k screens at 120 fps having entirely uncompressed textures and video isn't going to ever be helpful.

Also

you forgot the part where everyone is in bed with [[[Nvidia]]] and [[[intel]]]

Ah fan translation projects, don't you just LOVE them?

Attached: P2ep.jpg (640x640 63.96 KB, 72.84K)

fuck off

Don't care all that much about the progression speed. I rather have a decent finished product than having a stressed weeb releasing a messy patch. As long as it is done before CS3. And that won't be done until next year or so. Gives me enough time to get through SC, 3rd, and Zero.

I think it is more that some people believe that they are taking a year to polish that last 3% of the game's text. People really just want something that is not machine translated.

You are right, I'm letting my Western Northern European white privilege get to me. And to be honest I too dislike 70Gb downloads.

Attached: Fantastic Party.jpg (1920x1080, 419.58K)

She does look so much better with long hair

Attached: towaHair.png (582x877, 658.73K)

Cute!

Attached: Towa.gif (400x217, 1.46M)

Tiny Towa
She shouldv'e been given an inherent evasian bonus due to being so easy to miss.

Attached: Towa.png (1920x1164 312.41 KB, 809.29K)

Is that a costume or a mod? I've been putting off my NG+ run so I don't have costumes yet.

>both are NTR
Suffering.

YS Memories of Celceta PC confirmed by Xseed
archive.is/gaSP5

Attached: ys-memories-celceta-featured.jpg (640x386, 80.59K)

Fug

a costume that comes with the swimsuit outfits I think.

I know Celceta isn't the most loved game I can't blame anyone, but XSEED's Celceta PC will have no framerate cap, and trust me, that alone makes Celceta way better and more fun.

Attached: 1469224301847-4.png (150x179, 68.33K)

I broke down and brought cold steel 3. Military speak in moon really hurts my brain. I really like the new models though, falcom know what they're doing in that department. That blonde prince reminds me of bakugou from boku no hero academia.

Lolis are love, lolis are life.

Attached: Shizuku.Maclaine.240.822522.jpg (240x180, 17.91K)

Ah its another "Xseed localises old game nobody gives a shit about" episode.

Well credits for obstinacy I suppose.

The difference is Bakugou starts as an asshole and slowly improves. Cedric starts as a nice kid who becomes an asshole.

Attached: Piloting_Testa_Rossa_for_mass_murder.jpg (608x540, 179.04K)

I have a feeling that Olivert is going to be even more present in CS4. The events with Cedric in CS3, the rivalry with Osbourne, and Erobonia cursed and at the brink of war. There is no way that he isn't going to be key to the resolution of this arc.

I am going to guess that it is going to end with Olivert becoming emperor

It could happen. In the similar fashion that Dreichels became emperor after having returned order in the war of lions, even when he lacked pure royal blood. But since it is Olivert. I could see him handing the position to Alfin with the excuse that she is a true heir even if she is female. And that the empire needs a period of peace best handled by the fairer gender. I just do not believe that he stays permanently dead when his character arc has been building up to these events.

I unironically enjoy Celceta and it's my 4th favorite ys game

I certainly don't believe Olivert is dead, but I think the game will wait quite a while until that's revealed. Probably close to the end, sadly. Kurt has been neatly established as Cedric's rival, especially with his "I'm gonna fucking kill you" look at the end. And, well, Rean and Crow are likely the Osbro rival squad.

I'm still hoping is right though. Empress Schera is a meme I've been wanting to come true for a while now.

Attached: DXdDCreVQAAHIoe.jpg (500x500, 40.4K)

Chara-ani and Kadokawa only controls the Evolution games, Aoni Production is the talent agency who handles voice acting in all Falcom games. It could also just be that Falcom have renegotiated contracts with them to make it easier for Western licensors to acquire the voices, now that Falcom's name has grown in the West. Kondo also acknowledged there were issues to make it a reality back in early 2016 and that they would look into it if the demand was that high. Aoni's new Twitter is also bilingual.

That is good to hear. Especially since CS3 and CS4 probably won't be ported to PC.

If you want to do business in Japan you do it through a local. Xseed are Burgers and Japanese will never do business with a Burger.

What I find strange is why Xseed's parent company can't negotiate the Japanese dub. It definitely fuels the rumours. Ofcourse the simple explanation is that nobody at the motherbase gives a shit about the Falcom games.

What does one thing have to do with the other and why wouldn't both games be eventually ported when we know Falcom wants both games on the West and ported to PC?

Attached: 026b85b03566a02dc1cb250a9ad8a868dfff0f9e20d0b264219858d3ecbcf498.jpg (550x568, 52.19K)

On PC you can replace the voice files so that you get the Japanese voices. You can not do it on PS4. Also even if they eventually port it to PC, it will probably end like CS1 and CS2, where the ports were released years after the Vita releases.

So just wait a little longer, no one is pointing at you with a gun.

Calm down. I just said it is good to hear. Might as well use my bloodborne machine.

Towa is so small, I want to carry her around.

30 USD is almost nothing for that game. Although I undestand why better wait for a sale. Only telling you SC is way better than FC in everything.

New bread, I fucked up the redtext so it looks like I picked the right subject