Analogue super nt

only $190 Holla Forums! what a steal! and only $40 for a wireless controller? wow! the question is: did you buy it, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

retromodding.com/collections/build-to-order/products/metal-jesus-rocks-ultimate-gba-gameboy-advance-v2
retromodding.com/products/metal-jesus-rocks-ultimate-gameboy-advance-v2-diy-kit
alvyray.com/Memos/CG/Microsoft/6_pixel.pdf
blz.la/rgb/gaming_crt.html
amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM/
pro.sony/ue_US/products/oled-monitors
archive.is/KH5ev
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only works with original carts! What convenience!

nah, I'd rather have original hardware in this case.

only bigots play pirated roms

Nah, I'm too busy buying the best in PS4 and PC controllers.

Who actually engineered a machine that only plays cartridges from

I can get the original. No, thanks.

If you're autistic about getting the BEST compatibility about something that is dangerously close to being emulated, but technically isn't, the buy it. Might as well buy this too

Only $400 goyim, what a steal!
retromodding.com/collections/build-to-order/products/metal-jesus-rocks-ultimate-gba-gameboy-advance-v2

No it doesn't. You can use your $200 flashcart to run all the SNES games you want though :^}

OH MY FELLOW GENTILES, YOU'LL BE SAVING SO MUCH MORE MONEY WITH THIS!

retromodding.com/products/metal-jesus-rocks-ultimate-gameboy-advance-v2-diy-kit
HALF OFF, NO CONSOLE, DIY, NO WIRING, FUCK YOU, PAY ME

Someone invested money, because there are retards who will buy this.
But its worth it, because its so accurate and you can use your cartridges. Why buy something stupid that could also do something else for that money?

Couldnt Nintendo sue, because he is just selling their design?

The fuck even is the difference between it and a random one you can find at a flea market for 50 bucks?

hdmi out and also the shit snes plastic (muh nintendium) isn't falling apart

The only niche for this is
A. Retards
B. people who want a SNES with Hdmi out but can't justify the cost of a OSSC + real hardware.

Can you not just get an adapter for that?

serious question, first time approaching retro gaming on real hardware on modern displays?

I suppose it is but that doesn't really answer the question.

just buy it from ali for $20

I'm asking because it's a complicated answer depending on how much you know. The way scalers work is they are mostly designed for standard resolution 480i, usually composite or at best s-video, and rarely, RGB. Old games don't really use 480i, they use 240p which isn't a real standard outside of video games and computers, mostly just a neat trick you can do with 15khz displays to get a progressive image. The problem with these scalers which you can plug these consoles into is that they add frames of lag while the scaler is processing the image from 240p (or what it thinks is 480i) and upscales, de-interlaces it to 480p, 720p, or 1080p. Ask anybody and they'll tell you additional frames of lag in a video game, especially older ones which tend to require fast reaction times, will no doubt make the games less enjoyable.

There is highly specialized hardware like the Micomsoft framemeister which supports composite, s-video, and rgb and can output in 1080p hdmi upscales the image both cleanly (keeps the hard edges of pixels) and recognizes the 240p standard for video games. There's also the OSSC which solves the same problem through different techniques. These specialized pieces of hardware are very expensive, the framemeister last I checked was 300 dollars with the OSSC being a bit over 200 bucks or so.

A cheap scaler, a $20 one you can get on amazon or something, will make retro games look as bad as they would plugging directly into an HDTV.

Depends on the TV, if Sony/Samsung generally you're better off without a cheap scaler, if not there's a few sets that will do worse than a Lenkeng equivalent.

The problem is LCDs. We need something to succeed CRT.

sort of, at best your options are you can use composite in this case, and composite 240p, blown up to razor sharp 1080p will look pretty damn rough. many sets no longer support composite and newer ones are starting to abandon component as well.

I think the best solution is to just embrace CRT. I don't think anything in the consumer space is going to surpass CRT for a long time, and as consumer sets continue to abandon analog format support, the opportunities for good analog support going forward seems to be disappearing.

Isn't that the console where the UI was designed by fucking Phil Phish of all people?

Report it to Nintendo and find out! Check to see if the trademark/copyright is still active, you might have a good case!

So you're just going to get fucked either way unless you have an old TV or emulate I take it.

Oh right I forget about US getting shafted for RGB, there's no good option for composhit, it just looks bad.
RGB / YUV anything looks decent on my Samsung set and the input lag is much lesser than any cheap scaler I've tried, it doesn't do proper deinterlacing though

I have a trinitron I haven't touched since I got my OSSC and for good reasons, the input lag is unnoticeable and the image quality is basically the same as a regular emulation setup.

the unfortunate reality we live in

composite on a CRT looks far better than on an LCD
I reviewed my options and decided to go down the high TVL multiformat route, the look of a CRT and the games I want to play make it essential.

Regardless not using composite at all to begin with is the better option with either type of screen, and I can't think of many consoles where it's a necessity outside of NES and consoles that came before it.

I agree, at least go for s-video if RGB is going to be a big jump from your existing options, I'm just saying if you're dealing with SD output, you'll be getting a better picture out of a composite CRT vs a LCD being fed composite.

Pixels aren't squares. It's just convenient to do so when you gotta zoom in, e.g. for drawing, or if you need a lot of contrast, e.g. for reading..
alvyray.com/Memos/CG/Microsoft/6_pixel.pdf

Into the trash it goes.

Fug, why'd you have to remind me

No, I have a super nintendo jr with a flashcart. On that note though, the thing is jailbroken so you can run roms from the SD port.

How fucking high do you have to be in order to care enough about having the AUTHENTIC SNES experience that just using an emulator and whatever fucking controller you want isn't enough?
Wouldn't an actual SNES cost less at this point?

Same reason faggots buy the snes/nes mini. Emulation is amazing for archival and convenient purposes. The only consoles I have in the closet are my snes jr, ps2 slim and n64. But retro fags have nothing left in their lives so they have to invest thousands and thousands of dollars in your their "hobby". Fuck, even the speed running community is becoming so fucking retarded (Even though it kinda was in the first place).

You're misinterpreting what I'm saying. I'm well aware of how pixels were reshaped with off-standard aspect ratios, how CRT bloom and blank lines work.

shadow slot mask =/= dot shadow mask =/= aperture grille

Never said it used a square grid, but I was having trouble finding good examples of blended dithering.
Regardless, the image titles clearly say they're emulated.
In fact, here's the article I sourced them from: blz.la/rgb/gaming_crt.html

Fuck off Nazi.

the nt mini is just out of stock on their website, wait for it to get back in.

Why would this upset you? this shit makes me laugh my ass off. It shows how far hipster fucking faggots will go to fit in.

Who? I was just trying to find stuff of Image Search.

Man retrogoys really are the goodest goys

LOL

There's no way half of this shit isn't pushed by legit shills. I'm not willing to believe the (((collector market))) is unregulated.

Just joshing dude, I scrolled down and the website creator is German.

Materialism is the kikes trap card 101.

Dont shill your channel faggot.

whole reason i made the thread my man. i like when he repairs shit or shows off accelerator cards and stuff i hate how everyone on youtube is a manchild, and that includes him, lgr, and other "retro" tech channels

Remember all those "classic" best game ever "recommendations" on old video game forums which just so happen to be extremely rare and being sold for over 200$ on ebay only?
Totally organic and not scalpers shilling their cartridges and scratched disks.

odd way of thinking

It's not shilling if you aren't getting paid :^)
I wanted to show the guy saying how the product died in 30 minutes, so much for a product nearly $200.
is right

What about these hidden gems for the snes,user?

I'm about to RGB scream about this shit.
Why would you even, I think the keyboards with the little screens are kinda cool but what purpose does this even serve?

Holy SHIT! Mint Condition (Slightly Scratched Malprint) for $120 EACH.
I'm head over fucking heels!!

to be really annoying and distract you from the fact that consumer LCD technology hasn't improved in 10 years.

THOSE ARE PLAYSTATION GAMES THOUGH

its called OLED you luddite

I spent an inordinate amount of money for one of the best monitors on the market Graduation money and thank god every day that I suffer none of the worst complaints about most lcd's. Because that just looks awful.

Yeah! Very rare Nintendo Playstation beta prototypes! Good deal!

Jesus henry fucking christ. People actually fall for this trash?

Even the supposed high-end models suffer from this shit, it's hilarious!
amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM/
Problem is, I want to get a good monitor that is above 60hz and right at 2160, but don't want this bullshit. Guess I'll stick to my "34 wide-screen CRT for now.

I got bored and this thread inspired me.

Its perpetuated by self admitted shills on reddit, good goy central.

great solution, enlightened one.

it probably still does, the only LCDs that don't have this problem are PVM/BVM, PRM, HTM, BT and DT-V's. I'm talking in the $8,000 range starting.

Play them off, user.

That sounds like an awful place to be in the, why do people browse that shithole?

How many different OLED technologies are there anyway? All in remembered is AMOLED, and two other ones. It's hard to remember which is the best.

AMO and PMO. Anything else is just marketing. QLED is marketing, CLED is marketing.

Buy ones which aren't chink shit
Or if you have crippling addiction to chink shit then use it like its made and replace it every time you get a problem.

the blue LED literally can't function for more than 4 years. It's a principle of the technology being organic, you dunce. Sell your extreme gamer RGB lit monitors elsewhere, shill.

What's your opinion on IPS? I need something that comes close to CRT technology, is versatile, sharp and is viewable from different angles.

either get a CRT, accept that affordable consumer displays that compete with CRT are out of reach for this next decade, or get something like a trimaster or HTM. You want something with 10-bpp at least.

good shit

Did a test against my tv and tablet. There's a difference, but it is still present on all of them. Not too disappointed though, I bet the producers of the panels just have really fucking low quality assurance to go from nightmares like those, to "needed to test it to even notice". It seems dependent on orientation, which makes me think it's the polarization is bad.

Spot the shill.

Where the fuck have you been getting your news from?
Nowadays you'll see degradation after 4 years, not complete failure.

retrogoys, never change.

you could honestly just be used to it. I was too until I got a CRT for old games, now even things like my phone or TV look seriously off at times to me.

the professional video editing fields where I do my work and have hands on experience with monitors that cost more than your house.

yeah and Trump sucks my dick every day
Always fall on appeal to authority whenever questioned, typical of a retrogoy.

Or I could just download an emulator for free.

I went out of my way to unsubscribe to channels shilling this to me.

Is that the only image you have? You post it in every thread and in every thread you get told the same thing: most modern LCDs don't look like that unless they're cheap trash. I guess it's your own personal brand of rhetoric but frankly it's stale and pathetic. Get some new fucking memes nigger.

I already have a CRT though, unless you mean those professional ones that are around 30,000$, then that's a little out of reach for me, at least until I make a bit extra from being a freelancer designer. Nothing comes somewhat close then? I'd like something good for workstation programs and such.
pro.sony/ue_US/products/oled-monitors
These do seem to pull no punches though, as you've told me, still not consumer grade unfortunately, I only have half to currently invest with what it asks of me. Damn shame.

Here it is then

works every tim™
if it's so wrong, bring up a black image on irfanview and take a photo of your own flat panel. Shouldn't be hard.

BenQ GW2765HT, Acer H257HU, Dell U2515H (worked on this one personally with some photo editing, Dell makes very good displays.), Asus PB278Q, Dell U2715H

Legit pro equipment is far better than these, but you'll get much better results than what most monitors will give you. The difference between 10 and 8 bit color space is remarkable, and I sorely hope HDR (10-bit but with a fancy name) actually succeeds because I'm tired of seeing banding in broadcast, games, film, etc.

great one, sure showed me.

Half the reason your image is so laughable is that your picture looks nothing like what the human eye sees when it's looking at the screen. It's based on a shitty camera phone taking the shot. Like I said, get new memes.

Just one picture and you can prove it all wrong, and you still aren't posting it. Could it be that I'm 100% right?

rekt

Thank you! I'll jot those down, I'm grateful for your time.

(checked)
JUST GET A FUCKING CRT YOU PLEBS, THEY'RE NOT QUITE MUSEUM PIECES JUST YET

Can you not read? What about:
and
did you not understand? Are you mentally handicapped. The only reason those shots look like that is because of how shitty cameras read the screen. It has nothing to do with the actual black levels.

Are you really this fucking retarded
Have you really not used a single monitor in your life or do you expect to rope in dumb fucks with your stupidity?

I'm saying you can prove yourself right and me wrong by posting a picture yourself. Who knows, we might actually end up buying one of those gamer GUAMOQLEDs with RGB lighting on all the front panel buttons and the frame + keyboard with cherry mx blue gamer caps you're trying to sell.

By the way, what's your opinion on 16:10 aspect ratio?

No one wants to buy your old trash grandpa.

Cameras don't work like that for LCD screens you shylock. Its like recording a CRT with a phone lens and claiming that it doesn't work.
The only reason you are being this dishonest is because you want to offload your shitty obsolete hardware to some good goyim and keep peddling the same images over and over again without offering a single line of substance.

How the fuck are you not banned yet.

Because this isn't a CRT thread, this is a general retro thread, and it's not your personal hugbox. I miss the old days when people on this board had a thicker skin. Learn to handle bantz.

this isn't reddit you kike

Its not bantz if its straight shitposting and being wrong.

Good comeback, kikeboy.

ebin

They aren't going to post anything of importance, stop taking their shit bait.

Got any evidence on that because last I checked I was just pointing out that shitty cameras don't capture LCD black levels properly, which should be obvious to anyone with eyes who's ever taken a photo of their screen. Looks to me like you're the one shitposting from quality content like

Sorry I'm hurting your feelings by pointing out the truth snowflake.

Yeah, even it can see that the lcd monitor has a brighter and less even black level that the CRT.

THEN WHY AREN'T YOU SAGED HOLY FUCK

Good job avoiding the point of my statement. I guess the only way CRTfags can hold on to their delusions that LCDs are all blown out and shit is by avoiding the simple concept that not everything you take a picture of is exactly what your eye sees. .

sage is not a downvote , fucking newfag, go back to reddit

Because I'm on topic. This is a thread about playing retro games on modern sets.

Lol I havent owned a CRT in 8 years and have a $700 LCD and another $400 one. Choose your target next time

I know that, sage is for off topic discussion. Which Mr.shill is claiming this to be. I agree with him, in fact.

He needs to be gassed.

I guess CRTs really are superior then
you retarded fuck

How is "reddit" not word filtered to "Im a total faggot with no argument"

You mean crucified.

fresh off of cuckchan retrogoy?

What am I shilling exactly, nigger?

Could have fooled me with how hard you're denying the simple reality that your phone doesn't show every detail of reality when it takes a photo. I'm done here, but do me a favor: Tonight go take a picture of the moon with your phone, then just compare the photo to what you see. Have a nice life.

the best aspect ratio and I wish it lived longer than it did.

cameras capture LCDs perfectly fine. They struggle with CRTs which you need to time up the sync pulses with the camera's refresh rate which is a nightmare of trial and error.

archive.is/KH5ev
🤔

>I can't take an argument so I will block filter people
Didn't know this was twitter.

Did you read the OP? This is a thread about retro revitalization consoles being overpriced, please read the thread next time.

You are shilling LCD monitors.

Why did you post another shitty CRT screenshot? wanted to prove me right that bad?

Fuck it, I am pulling out my CRT and old consoles.

Fag.

if you do this and prove yourself correct, I'll buy a dozen of those leet RGB LEDs you're selling, merchant.

Wew

The only one selling anything is you with your shitty overpriced CRTs that nobody is using.
No amount of projection is going to change the fact that you're the shill here trying to get people to buy 5000$+ CRTs which are no longer produced and can only be bought second hand(probably through you)

are you selling LCD projectors now?

Eat my ass, queermo

No I am just appreciating how superior CRTs are

even with your poor syncing (you've never done this before, have you mr. shill?) the blacks still look better than anything on an LCD.

also nice heavy breathing

Now you're just being obvious.
Also, what is supposed to be wrong here? Besides the rolling shutter it looks fine

Wew

You mean to say that the recording doesn't represent what the human eye sees?
Preposterous, CRTs are perfect!

Not obvious enough for your retarded ass apparently.

Turn down the contrast in the second one please, I wanna see how it matches

Its not his images. These are half a decade old pictures he scrapped off of /vr/ and is using them to peddle his wares.

Yes, because they draw in a frame line by line, whereas LCDs display a single frame at a time. Still waiting for you to take a picture of that LCD of yours with no back light bleed.

they're old images mostly

this is embarrassing lad. Your cries of shills are lost in your own attempt to market your glorious alienware monitors.

I knew you were a touchy faggot, now I know you're a hypocrite as well.

Yes, that was never my point. I said the camera was GOOD ENOUGH to make a reasonable comparison and GOOD ENOUGH to show which monitor has a darker black level. I would love to take a comparison photo with my actual camera Nikon D300, Canon is crap but I need a CRT first.

I just got lost in appreciating the amazing pictures these CRTs produce with no loss of detail and images which totally aren't blown out with massive color bleeding.

Based on what? It doesn't even capture what the human eye sees. You would know this if you actually used a modern monitor. Might as well take a 16 bit bitmap image at 640x480 compressed as a jpeg while you are at it.

are you going bald too?

Is all that radiation from your warehouse full of garbage CRTs affecting your mental faculties?
I guess it must be for you to think this picture quality is anywhere close to acceptable.

This is the best thread in a long time

Nobody is going to buy your shit here huckster. Go back to cuck/vr/ among your retrogoys.

Pic related goes from 1 to 4 to 8 to 24 bit and the last two are nearly identical. Photoshop doesn't even allow full editing on 32 bit images to prove you wrong with it's so much more than necessary.
Nearly every image on this site is 16 bit.

what am I selling now? You've yet to reveal to me the breakthrough you've discovered in blue LEDs lasting more than 4 years. All industries which use monitors would be eternally grateful. You'll get millions for your discovery. Just tell us guy who's totally not here to sell us things.

You do know that RGB monitors don't actually exist right?
>inb4 muh ambilight

You don't know about the RGB LED meme in PC gaming?

I'm half-following this thread but is there seriously some aspie going on a crusade against a display technology?

I mean yeah, department store-tier CRTs always looked fuzzy, this includes "muh god-tier Trinitrons!" because well, there was always poor shielding between the RCA inputs and the output. Probably RF leakage from the antenna coax or something. And this is from experience. The reason most normalfags remembered CRTs as being fuzzy all the time is exactly because of regular TV displays.
Unfortunately, this is the type of CRT people think of when they think of CRT monitors. Try getting a CRT without an antenna out-put. something like a PVM or even a Home Computer Display like a Commodore 1702. Those produce clear images, again, coming from experience.

Regardless, LCDs win from convenience, and because they aren't power vampires. You'd have to be retarded not to see the difference in contrast between a CRT and LCD though

Yeah and no monitors come default with it yet.

Who are you quoting
You've been shilling overpriced out of production monitors whole thread you mongoloid. You won't squirm out of this one as easily as the holocaust.
It was 4 years back in 2007 with experimental ones lasting even longer, Its been over a decade now and even chinkshit lasts longer than that. For someone who is supposedly working in the industry, having decade old information doesn't do you any favors.

right on cue retrogoy

Look at his flag m8, way to out yourself as a halfchan newfag

Commit to it.

just cuz I like ya, have a laugh at the joke I'm making,

oi vey

Link one post. I'm positive people are just lining up to get a Dolby PRM thanks to this thread.

CRTs even with a great signal will just have that bit of bloom to them. It's just how they work by igniting a phosphor, but that's part of their aesthetic which is what appeals to many people, what gives classic games that right look, and what makes 480i video palpable. Blending, bloom, these are all traits inherent to the technology.

see

And weep with us

I didn't say color depth was a meme, I said claiming 16 bit color depth is "bad" or "just inferior" is provably wrong. And a meme. A meme you just peddled.

you're talking to a shill there, a ravenous one. Don't take it too seriously, just mock and get him to post his fat ass again

Guess someone is B11ND.

Ya got me.

Who are you quoting?

now post my store page where I'm selling my monitors, go ahead, go for the kill in this rock solid argument you have shill :^)

Its literally inferior, especially considering that most monitors and video cards are capable of rending 24 bit images with no effort. This is like a consoletard arguing that 30fps is "more cinematic"

Why don't you do go back to cuckchan /vr/ and do your shilling yourself?

You son of a bitch.

you fumbled it you dumbass

JUST FUCK EACH OTHER
JUST FUCK FUCK FUCK THE HATE OUT
GRAB EACH OTHER, FLING EACH OTHER TO A TABLE, BREAK IT, TEAR EACH OTHERS CLOTHES OFF AND VIOLENTLY GROPE EACH OTHERS BODIES AND BURY YOUR COCK IN WHATEVER SPHINCTER GIVES THE LEAST RESISTANCE

MY
FUCKING
GOD

Scalpers need to an hero asap
That's pretty good if you think about it. An LCD is 70% of their lifespan after 5 years

Here I made you a little experiment, this image is 1 half 8-bit and 1 half 16-bit, can you see the difference?
Literally inferior isn't the same as visibly inferior. kind of like how even shitty phone cameras can show LCDs have high black levels.

I'd never buy at that price and recommend nobody buy at those prices, especially shit sets like the BVM-A

Scalpers caught on to the "muh RETRO GAYMING!" craze and are jacking up CRT prices everywhere I think

yeah, and idiots with too much money will flop on the first thing on ebay they see with 120K hours for reddit upvotes. There's plenty of ways to get them for much cheaper than falling back on ebay.

scalpers and retrogoys go hand in hand, ranging from Amiibos to shitty emulation boxes like SNES Mini, everything gets scalped because retrogoys will eat it up and ask for seconds.
I still remember the time some guy just sold off his game collection of rare games which caused (((collectors))) to go mad because he was "depreciating" the value of their games by selling them at reasonable prices.

that's a weird thing to bring up. You couldn't get your king dedede amiibo and now you wage an autistic war on everyone you deem part of this group, am I close? I know I'm much closer than you were with your failure before

2018 and I still can't buy a flash cartridge that plays Super Mario RPG. I don't get it.

I'm okay with this

And this here is the prime example of a retrogoy.

that's the percentage of the whole population, they've sort of grown very slowly as a group since then

here is the prime example of a cuckchan shitposter who exists to sow board division and not actually provide any real discussion.

Fuck dude so many nigs and underage

Thats just in texas. We're getting more blacks and mudslimes all accross america.

blacks have a negative replacement rate in America though just like Non-Hispanic Whites so they can't be growing. Hell, their numbers are even down in Commiefornia

my information is likely wrong, haven't reviewed in a little while so I'm probably fuzzy.

Sort of like how the black levels on LCDs look absolutely fine to the human eye and only look trash when you take photos of them with a shitty camera?

Can't speak for the whole country, but being from Commiefornia myself I can tell you there was several million MORE blacks in California during the LA riots vs today. They either all shot themselves or fucked off to other states
Fun fact, even though California is majority hispanic, because of its sheer population as a whole, there are still more non-hispanic whites in California than many states combined (~18 million non-hispanic whites) you could fill multiple states to 100 percent white if all whites in California moved to other states

no, they look pretty bad however you look at them. Unless you're using a 640x480 webcam, it'll be plainly visible and appropriately representative.

I'm personally a fan of the "mass move to low pop. states and enact policy" plan.

Then why isn't everyone returning their LCDs? Why do sites review LCD black levels as anything other than "it's trash"? Let me guess, they're all shills right?

here's a list of your options for modern consumer displays that all have the same foundational issues:
1. flat panel (LCD/LED)
but markets never make the wrong decisions, right? :^)

No, OLED achieves blacks by turning the pixels off.
That's not to say it's without its own share of problems. Namely, "burn-in".

why are you throwing such a tantrum? There's a reason why the Dolby PRM-4220 is the only monitor to surpass CRT in its color reproduction, and there's a reason why it carries a price tag more than the house you live in. It's not some hidden knowledge that CRTs are still largely better and are still used for things like color grading in mastering. Do you have 100% faith in the markets or something?

woah, don't you start trying to sell your trinitrons now, these flaws have been fixed in 1999, don't you know? They don't actually exist, you marketer.

Why are you so sensitive? Am I cutting into the sales of your bullshit monitors?

you were funnier on the other ID, I'd consider sperging with all caps and exclamation marks to absolutely be throwing a tantrum.

People aren't returning their LCDs because they're lighter+flatter, actively developed and supported by the majority of current year devices with video output, have HDMI inputs and consume less electricity.
Their nigger levels tend to be better than CRTs during daytime since they don't have shadowmasks greying out/reflecting sunlight, but at night CRTs nig at infinitely superior levels compared to the blue tinted backlight cancer that are current year LCDs.

t. used CRTs and LCDs side by side during the late 2000s

c-can we go back to discussing the overpriced FPGA meme console now?
are we being raided?

There's nothing to discuss. It's a meme console. You can literally buy original hardware and have 100 percent accuracy for the same price if you deal with scalpers or even cheaper if you get lucky and don't

the levels of projection are off the charts right now

you think?

when i was in high school, they had a 13" sony PVM monitor in storage that hadnt been used in years because they used imacs for the video editing classes. i saw it and asked if i could have it since everything in that room was being thrown out anyway, teacher said sure, and i still have it to this day. havent been assed to set it up yet, but i know that it does work because i plugged my xbox into it when i first got it to make sure

You're fucking sad, and again: I've made my point. Faggots like you remind me why I spend more time on /agdg/ and /tg/.

sure is faggoty in here

I'd pay $200 for an FPGA that let me play Super Mario RPG along with everything else the SD2SNES can't.

Yeah sure, check out this shit on etsy you can literally make any of these for cheaper.

He's posted more than OP what?

What a shock how you came back right when I was calling him a samefagger… Really makes ya think. Gets those old almonds a going.

that's pretty cool user. Get yourself some nice component cables and play some ps2 and xbox and wii on it. It probably looks great.

I think he's just really angry.
the true retrogoys autists like c64513 are so thoroughly convinced are here.

this is a poe

Think what you want shill.

Too bad those special chips can't fit on a FPGA that cheap, only dude even trying is aiming for about 100k logic elements, which means you're looking at a 500-600 bucks board to do SNES + every special chip on a single board.

this is why I don't like nintendo

i also managed to score a dell ultrasharp 2007fp 20" 1600x1200 ips monitor for $30 on craigslist, and it came with a dell port extender.

Really all tech was like that, Sega had the all-in one-toilet, micro PC's were just a fucking mess and arcades were nearly all modified from their basic boards in some fashion.

I had the 1680x1050 variants of those monitors and I got them for free, nice 16:10 displays, lasted me a pretty long time.

as far as consoles go I mostly saw it as a nintendo thing with on-cartridge co-processors. I know there's a few on sega and things even older systems, but I think it was much more infrequent in comparison.

What's a trinitron? I've been dealing with this problem since 2014.

sony's CRT brand/technology, I'm just taking the piss. You can't undo OLED burn-in, just try to avoid it by turning your display off or not keeping the same image up for too long. My mom's phone has her touch keyboard burnt in, it's pretty rough looking.

kind of, nintendo was really just thinking about their cartridge slot in more literal terms, and realized that it's slot transfers data fast enough to use the cartridge in processing data, not just storing it. That's why sega went the permanent attachment route, the transfer speeds were faster internally, so there wasn't any sense in trying to irk out more power when there were other options available.

Pic related looks like it'd be fun to make on my own, but $488?

I'm planning on building a tabletop arcade like that for my ST-V. I always found raspberry pi shit to be really tacky.

The radiation received from sitting in front of a crt for an entire year non-stop is still less than you'll receive from simple background radiation in a single day. You can tell LCD's are the pleb's choice because the foundation of all of their arguments are urban myths lol.

Thanks doc.

Daily reminder that Phil Fish worked on this thing too. He's the one who designed all the menus.

Neat, more ?

Please tell me thats photoshopped.

I wish, this one looks nice because of the style, but it's not in an original case so why even sell it?

I bought two of them. One of them will stay in the box (which is made of cardboard and therefore makes me hard) and be kept as a collectable. I have cardboard dicks in all of my holes even as I write this post.

Welp, I'm officially old I guess. I have no idea what either of those terms mean.

Except you can use a Framemeister/OSSC for several consoles, so if you give enough of a shit about older games you'll make that investment instead of buying an emulator box made by Phil Fish of all people.
Also any lag introduced is minimal at best, unless you're a speedrunner doing frame perfect tricks you won't notice, and you can get a CRT if it's that big a deal.

Those are some pricey microwave ovens.

Emulators are still shit and tons of games have retarded latency. A computer than can max Crysis 3 in 2k will have slowdown in fucking kirby for fuck's sake.

CRTs are shit and the while will give you migraines. CRTs were also designed with a very specific flicker rate that has an effect on the mind. Cathode Ray Tubes are shit.

I swear this board is more paranoid and looking for boogeymen than Holla Forums, and Holla Forums actually has an excuse for it.

Watch out user, you might be seen as the elusive goonchan mega pink soyjack pony poster!

I still have my SNES but I don't even use it anymore when emulators exist and I can get every single game ever released for it on a single .rar file. Why the hell would I pay for this overpriced knockoff?

Do they pay over priced chinks to assemble this shit or what.

Profiles are a quick way to set multiple options at the same time without going into some kind of settings menu.
And PCMR is "PC Master race" a joke that is apparently now a marketing term.

Dating is the only game I've ever spent money on it. At least I got some gifts out of it that are moderately pricey, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Ha bravo user!

you don't need to pretend you're anything but a pleb, emunig

where have you been the past 8 years?

They were just throwing them away.

That's because there is no such thing as a hispanic white… Castizos aren't white even if they are lighter skinned than mestizos, meztecas, aztecas, and squatamalans.

I will never miss having to move a cumbersome stone-heavy television set around.

proof?

I can also say that standing next to a nuclear reactor will give you less radiation than sitting in sunlight, but that doesn't mean much, does it?

Why did that part of my post specifically triggered you so much? Why are you calling me an "emunig"? That's cuckan consolewarring tier faggotry. and most importantly
WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE (52) POSTS ON THIS THREAD
Like holy shit, calm down autismo.

That's how you remove shils…

Ohmygodruserious?????

Why the fuck would you want to buy a CRT in the first place? They whine, create tons of electrical interference, and risk for eye cancer. Just buy an OLED display.

Shut the fuck up you retard jew.