Rpg's with stat allocation

Anybody else love stat allocation based level up?
I sure as hell do!
first rpg like I've played like that was Enchanted arms. goddamn did i love it.

also, any rpgs similar you guys recommend?
I'm looking into building my collection to play and burn endless hours into

was enchanted arms good?

I fucking love stat progression. It gives a realistic feel of gains and not just some bumps on level with perks. Love being a hobo with who can barely drag his ass on the street to a fucking superman who can jump building not because of some meme ability but because you just have the raw power.

I enjoy it when the more you use a skill/ability the better it becomes. I like what I've played of elona so far.

Mario and Luigi: SS is the first example that comes to mind. You can add a bonus to one of your stats when you level up. Speaking of which, how's the 3DS remake?

ruthless

All SMT games do this.

Diablo 2: Put everything into VIT then whatever stat for item you want to equip and/or DEX for a high block rate. Too high, then you'll be in block stun forever, too low and it's not effective.

Diablo 3: Put on items that give you about a trillion of all stats. Must use an entire set of items rather then customize your gear set or you miss out on procs and billion percent modifiers.

What happened Holla Forums?

Elder Scrolls and KCD have the most realistic leveling.

Lazy normals and casuals were realized to be a new market, game companies don't give a single fuck about quality if it means they turn a profit. So they make all their games designed to be glorified roller coaster rides for mouth-breathers that don't like to do math but love to see huge numbers. The kind of person who looks at a game and says "I don't want something I can be immersed in, I want something I can play for 20 minutes after I get home from work but before the bull arrives to pound my wife".

Shining Soul II is an action RPG where you allocate stats. You can screw yourself but can mostly fix problems by grinding too. You also allocate skill points for weapon use or other stuff on a per-class basis. Fun ones include:
The only thing I hate about the game is that spellcasting enemies at later levels are pure bullshit

Nothing happened, JRPGs rarely had stat allocations, why? I don't know.

Stat allocation generally dropped in favor of "streamlined" gameplay. Most people don't want to bother to have any sort of experimentation with different stat builds and generally just want to rush to the end so they can say they "beat" a game.
You'll need to go to tabletop game type stuff to get games with similar systems now.

Koudelka allows it with four points allotted per level, though Edward and Koudelka (the character) have base stat allocations towards physical and casting respectively. James though starts out balanced though and can be focused into a melee oriented priest or another caster. All characters can also have weapon skills and magic elements leveled up, allowing the player to improve what you want them to specialize in (as higher skill with a weapon can mean things like multiple strikes per attack, or range of effect for spells). Even unarmed can become useful, both for when your weaponry breaks, as well as conserving weaponry for when you need it (and there's something humorous about watching Edward punch a crow a few times before roundhouse kicking it in the head).

wew

love the character customization that stat allocation allows, but imo if you can't just rearrange the ones you've assigned whenever you want then it defeats the purpose

and so few rpg's let you do that

age of decadence

Arcanum - CRPG
EYE Divine Cybermancy - FPS with light RPG elements, namely the stat allocation part
Diablo 2, Torchlight 1 & 2 - ARPGs

I hate when games do counterintuitive shit like this, to the point that you're not even supposed to raise your mana stat on a pure mage character. You're not implying that this was a *good* thing, right?

Lazy devs. Its easier to balance individual pieces if you know what 6 of them HAVE to be. Factor in the ring and weapon sets and they really only have to worry 3-4 slots worth of variance between players.

The reason why nobody raises mana in D2 is because mana potions exist and are so easily attainable.

So one bad mechanic supports another bad mechanic. Still not good design.

well if mana potions were different you'd need the mana stat. there is also mana shield skill which people do raise mana for.

It makes me feel nice and accomplished inside when I allocate stats upon every level up, so yeah, I like it.