4 AM

Losing control?

Whats your favorite city/country management game?

Other urls found in this thread:

cytu.be/r/Ultimate_4AM_2_Turbo_Edition
archive.is/88Nbq
magestream.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU
clips.twitch.tv/ObliqueClumsyBeeKeepo
pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Come hang out in the Cytube if you like music and vidia and sometimes anime
cytu.be/r/Ultimate_4AM_2_Turbo_Edition

probably
I think Startopia counts

Don't have one; don't really play those sort of games.

I got tomorrow and Tuesday off and I don't have any plans begins getting some pizza.

Banished currently. Best Alt-tab game their is.

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Cavalier" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Akkarin, the Spider Cavalier deserves much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine sword spider in Menzoberranzan for 4 platinum tricrowns (that's about 20 gold lions) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even climb vertical walls on the back of my sword spider.
Drow spider breeders spend years taking care of every single sword spider and feed them up to million rats to produce the finest mounts known in all of Faerûn.
Sword spiders can move thrice as fast as horses and can leap ten times as high for that matter too. Anything a horse can trample, a sword spider can trample better. I'm pretty sure a sword spider's sharp leg could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why humans never bothered conquering Menzoberranzan? That's right, they were too scared to fight Akkarin, the Spider Cavalier and her sword spider mount of destruction. Even during Siege of Menzoberranzan, Scoured Legion targeted the drows with sword spider mounts first because their killing power was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Akkarin, the Spider Cavalier is simply the best cavalier in the history of anime and manga, and thus, requires better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Akkarin, the Spider Cavalier:
Sword Spider Mount
Monstrous Hunting Spider
CE Huge magical beast (augmented vermin)
Init/Senses: +5/darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft. (unlimited in web); Listen +1, Spot +1
AC: 24, touch 13, flat-footed 19; uncanny dodge (–2 size, +5 Dex, +9 natural, +2 armor)
HP: 69 (10 HD)
Resist: evasion
Fort/Ref/Will: +11/+12/+3
Speed: 150 ft. (30 squares), climb 30 ft.; Fleet of Foot, Run
Melee: claw (piercing) +15 melee (4d6+8 plus poison) or
trample +15/+10/+5 melee (2d6+4)
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 20, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14
Feats: Fleet of Foot, Improved Natural Attack (claw), Run
Skills: Climb +23, Hide +8, Jump +25, Spot +16.
Akkarin
Female human
CE small humanoid
Feats: Protagonist
Skills: Hide +20, Move Silently +20
Now that seems a lot more representative of the destructive power of Akkarin, the Spider Cavalier in Yuru Yuri, don't you think?
tl;dr = Akkarin, the Spider Cavalier needs to be more powerful in d20, see my new stat block.

Morning everyone, Ritsu here

Played more kingdom come yesterday. Games super comfy. Hope theres more armor and weapons later in the game though. Bought all the good stuff in the town I'm in right now.

Hello Negroes

yak thinks you're pissed at him

Morning folks
I had a productive weekend. Marathoner Made in Abyss and Carnival Phantasm, purchased and played a bit of Meiq labyrinth of death it's shit and vs ha11a which is comfy but a little tumblry.

Prison Architect. Close enough at least

How goes user

Same here
Hows your day going user

Do something to better yourself
How goes fam

Finally got the bathroom light fixed, so there’s that, but I am more-so incredibly angry and depressed, and ‘’NOT’’ just because I binge watched more Bokurano (which is fucked up in a fascinatingly terrible way, what the fuck).

oh you know, should be working but instead I'm shitposting here

Is that the show with the girls on motorcycles?

How goes user

Whats that and how

You don't work.

I shaved today, after not shaving in 11 days. Felt like a greasy pedo just looking at myself in the mirror. Does that count?

we have so much in common user, would you like to come get coffee with me?

wut
what makes you think that man?

sounds gay as fuck but maybe, what state you live in man?

I feel like vomiting tbh

I feel as if I drank too much cough syrup.

you dnd right?

Do you just grow a wispy mustache or something?
I haven't shaved in over a year at this point. Beards like half a foot long. Its comfy

Whats your job then

How much did you drink?

north dakota, you?

Grip and sip man, sometimes the spoonful ain't shit

I've told you before, no. You're thinking of Bakuon. This is the one about a bunch of kids playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes with a giant life sucking robot and proto-kyuubey.
>A THIRD episode in a row focusing on bitch related, sensei’s fucktoy, as if the prior two weren’t bad enough.
>She gets in the pilot’s seat, and stomps around the city to her school instead of immediately going for the enemy mech.
>Sensei has stupidly not evacuated from the middle school, and is installing hidden cameras once more in the girl’s locker room.
>Bitch slices the corner school off, and tries to impale teach for toying with her heart, only for him to be too nimble, and eventually she gets cockblocked by her own onee-chan (who sensei is also fucking on the side).
>Enemy mech’s buzzsaw-mirror gets a bit too close to home, and she has to shift focus to killing it, and wins with a groin attack.
>Wins, and dies clutching her waist, hoping her sister can have a happier life.
>Not one, but’’two’’ lights on Zearth’s face fade afterward, leaving everyone to ponder the significance.
>Which isn’t long at all until chubby makes an accurate guess.
This. Fucking. Show. And that was just one episode’s fuckery.
>Turns out to be a guy that also used to fuck her mom.
And then a few episodes later they killed off the tomboy.

And again, this show is NOT why I'm angry and depressed right now.

Yes.
Animal Crossing's pretty neat, but I wish there was more to it.

It just takes forever to shave off. Even then, it feels like it stops growing halfway.

Night auditor

Oregon sorry

Hope it didn't have acetaminophen

Whats the point in watching then

How goes user

Buy an electric shaver. Takes seconds

Tell me 3 facts about yourself

I'll be fine until I see spiders.

Just grow a cossack beard.

I did. Either I'm dumb and don't know how to shave properly, or I'm too worried I'll cut myself with another razor.

She got a better ending than most, using Zearth's psychokinetic abilities to actually see her newborn baby brother, who she'd missed actually seeing the birth of, from the pilot's seat before having her life sucked out.

Great game but way too fucking difficult to be comfy.

Thats benadryl. Cough syrup will just make you feel sick and have weird blurry vision.

Is it even possible to cut yourself with an electric razor? I just throw those at my face and never had anything like that happen.
Do you have a scar or anything from that?

Are you me

You play as a bartender in a dystopia cyberpunk world. The protag is also a raging lesbian that browses /u/, but all of the patrons so far are quite entertaining. There's even a loli sex robot and a catgirl cyborg

It's been forever since I've watched bokurano, I remember enjoying it though. I remember the creator getting a lot of shit online recently for sharing pic related too

I'm not you
I work as a Night Auditor
I dont often post in this thread any more

I'm everyone in this thread

No. Mostly my facial hair sticks to my face for some reason, so it's that much harder for some reason.

Not too bad as opposed to the last time I was in one of these threads. I've been staying up late trying to find movies for my monthly theme stream. It'll be fun, this month's theme is black history, I'll be playing Planet of the Apes.

Yeah, and apparently either ANN or crunchyroll deliberately mistranslated the response one of the companies about him, changing how he had never been an actual employee (being hired third party help), to him having been removed from the staff for his questioning the kikes.

Moment you get it set up it runs like an ant farm.

Well then time for some fucked up visuals then.

Bitch your beard needs beard oil or it'll be a stuck mess.

pAyday 2

Whats that like? Is it lewd?

Is it cute?

These are all lies

Ahhh. My facial hair is really straight like normal hair so its easy as fuck to shave when I have to.

Ohhh comfy. Where you stream at?

You gotta chug the whole bottle fast for that though I think.

oh fuck this I'm out

Oh hey, I watched that, its depressing as fuck and I don't recommend it its not bad though, and I found out recently the creator posts pro nazi and anti jew stuff all the time on his twitter

so is your work history

I am angry. Angry about this.
How horribly fitting for a game with an opening theme that's name translates to “Like a Dream”. Because a dream has ended.
archive.is/88Nbq

More like they just keel over. A medical examiner in a prior episode remarked that there's no visible sign of injury, and it was more like the person's soul or essence had been removed.

Is this real life?

That thread was fucking hilarious.

Yes

whats the most magical disney film?

I drank way too much, that is all I know. I think I'm gonna lie down.

Well that's fucking dumb.

I'm liking the show, but yeah, not for everyone. Especially just how fucked up most of the kids lives were prior, as if the ones that could care the least about Earth's future are the ones in charge of keeping Earth going.

magestream.org/
We don't get a lot of traffic, so I'm hoping more people will show up if I hold monthly theme streams. I take suggestions too.

>Believing in (((disney magic)))

uh

Is this chick canon?

Surely some other autist will take up translating.

Am I?

Cya next time user, don't puke

fuck yeah it was

Fatty was a bro

The closest thing to one of those that I've played is OpenRCT2 and SimAnt.

if certain disney films dont feel like they have a kind of magic to them then i'm sorry but you're actually dead inside

Probably pick up if you did weekly ones.

How goes user

I'm blowing time. Very bored. Can't sleep. Don't want to wake household to get more milk.

You're not wrong.

Whats good in the hood monica

meant to reply to

I wish I had room for a mini fridge tbh. Also I found that I have 5 empty boxes of crackers under my bed. Better get that shit cleaned up.

is it bad for me if i drink monster energy drinks and then just sit on my *ss playing videogames?

ha I posted best grill before u :^)

Good idea. And I know just where to put it. I'd have to buy a new laptop screen from the one I smashed. Then I could shell out money for that.

>Nariki Dungeon X translation canceled because the faggot wanted to shill games that aren't even being fucking made
FUCKING WHAT? WHAT

My wagefagging schedule doesn't allow for it. I also have a hard time putting together themes sometimes or deciding what goes with the theme or what I'll decide to stream, since I don't get too many suggestions. Most of the time I stream movies I haven't seen myself.

Yeah, and what's even stranger, is that they'd been making very steady progress, and even streaming the patch-in-the-works lately, and then suddenly decide "nah, fuck this, fuck you all" and repeated Bamco's mindset of "stop asking for past games and look to a bright future. And as if to show they mean it, they've left the links to where the patches would be up, but clicking just gives a 404, meaning they've removed Phantasia PS1, Tempest, and Innocence from the site. Someone did archive them though, and I've got backups.

I almost wonder if the streams got them in trouble with Bamco. Baba used to be interested and rather sympathetic to Tales fan translations, so long as the people involved didn't make any money, but Baba got promoted to the attic last I heard, so the management's changed for NTS.

I wish, but as of now, all Tales translation groups are dead.
And while I would like to think autism will save the day, the way it has for the nepnep audience in doerr removal, it's not going to be happening, at least from here. While Tales used to have almost constant threads back in the day on halfchan (not sure what the status of them is now), but here, they're few and far between, perhaps because the only ones native to PC are iffy at best.

Thats basically all I've done for the last decade.

See if you can like get rid of something and use it as a table.
I miss having mine, gonna have to get another some day.

What did you do

Mostly just been playing OpenMW. My local competitive video game venue is having a tournament for Vore Fighter Z tonight but I don't want to play that shit so I don't know what I'm going to do while I'm there.

My bed unironically takes up nearly half the room. Trying to find a spot for it that doesn't get in the way of something else is a pain.

I bent the screen back too much. That when I was in high school. And then a year later I sat on it. And that was an accident. It intensified the already large crack in the screen. Now I need to buy a new one. But I've been throwing that off. I need to do it.

What kind of movies you like then

F

What

Is your room really small or your bed really big?

Anyone here want to form a suicide cult with me?
It could be fun.

Yeah, apparently he'd rather go into shilling than working with older games. I suppose fan-translations will harm newer games, so someone had better go and shut down the groups that make and host Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kiseki translations while they're at it, because obviously something like Zero no Kiseki getting its patch will harm Cold Steel III and IV here.

What the fuck.

I've got a big bed.

I'm not feeling suicidal tonight, so I'll pass. Why are you looking to form one, though?

Take better care of your things. I don't think I've ever broken any of my electronics like that.

stop post your shitty fucking waifus and post something related to videogames for once in your shitty pathetic runty bottomfeeding lives for christ sake men

youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Dragonball Fighter Z.

Anything. Everything. As long as I think it'll be good. I want to see every possible movie I think I could possibly enjoy. That's the point of having a theme. But if I had to learn more towards genres, I like Fantasy and Animation the best.

I do take good care of my things. But not when I'm angry.

Ahh figured. Just give some people easy wins then

Western Tales fans do have some amount of autism, but it's nothing like how series that have been popular for longer see so much effort on them. Western Tales fans, even years back, were also noted as incredibly whiny about missing games, which while not inaccurate, misses the point that unlike other series that have missed games only to have remakes or ports actually be brought west (in sometimes iffy quality), we're still missing Destiny PS2/DC, Destiny 2 in any format, and Rebirth in any format, and that's just for main series; the whininess is warranted. Innocence DS does have the now purged patch, but the Vita version's considered much superior, and while Hearts R did come over, it got 8-4ed HARD, and the DS translation was cancelled out of respect for the decision to bring the Vita version over anyhow.

Nightmare Before Christmas was pretty magical

No

No, you misunderstood me.
I'm not wanting to be in the suicide cult, i want to form one.
I think it'd be fun to lead hundreds of people to happiness so everyone could achieve happiness.

Being a normalfag from a different time period is still being a normalfag

Are you a nigger?

Yes

Oh, but I suppose if there's any positive, it might mean that Aerie/Kingcom will return to working on DQM1+2 PS1, as A0t hackwork ate up his time and energy for quite a while.

embedding ruins the surprise

I always thought it was overrated as h*ck

No, I'm Scottish. And Autistic with OCD.

Why can't we do something fun for once?
Like join my new suicide cult, it'll help you in the long run.

Suicide isn't video games.

What kind of fun things do you wanna do in a suicidal cult?

I can't imagine in any situation anyone ever calling me a normalfag

Like diagnosed autism and ocd?

why does nobody in this thread post videogame images

I watched it enough times as a kid to have remembered the entire movie word for word at one point. It's been taken over by hot topic faggots thanks to Blink 182

Guys aren't cute

Sing hymns and have a few giggles.
Theres plenty of things to do, what would to like to do before you die?

Why would I get those things diagnosed? I don't want people knowing I have that, then nobody would take me seriously. I recall you telling me once in these threads that it was ok to break your things as it displays you still possess testosterone.

I'd post some Tales of Destiny images, but I don't have any in my folders sad enough. You can have a sad Imperial Knight Damuron though; he's close enough.

I can be if you want.

True

Wrong. Its ok to get angry and hit things, not break your shit.

You mates really should join.
It's great fun and we always welcome newcomers with open arms.

Is this a gay thing?

If you want

Alright. I guess I'll add a punching bag to the things I'm too destitute to buy.

I can't believe how much the Tales games just get fucked, most of the time they don't even want to bring the shit out themselves, like if it wasn't for the console publishers funding the translation for some of the more popular games it's a wonder if they would have bothered to bring them out at all, let alone any of the spinoffs that are guaranteed to never come out(unless they're mobile apps, of course, microtransactions on Tales of Phantasia, what a great idea!). Even shit like Super Robot Wars, as fucked as that situation is, at the very LEAST there are multiple earnest attempts made to get it translated in english, fan translations or otherwise.

clips.twitch.tv/ObliqueClumsyBeeKeepo

Come one folks!
Just join, you'll find that letting go of your struggles, worries, and fears is actually quite comforting.

That'd be pretty fun honestly
Now I want one too

What if I find love in a suicide cult? Then what?

Sorry pal, you can't properly lead a suicide cult if you're thoroughly baked to a golden brown finish.

You can actually tell he's a mulatto, despite being very racemixed. There's a reason not to mix right there. I wonder if that was his last time streaming.

Could be. It's a good idea for me because I'll get into an irrational argument with myself and then do dumb things like walking up the stairs over and over again or hitting my stuff. It's never with people I do this, just myself. I was always known as a chill guy to everyone else because I'm remarkably good at hiding my 'tism from other people.

Don't you know? Suicide is the greatest form of love.

And why not? Death is only the beginning you know.

A cult of any kind requires charisma, so you're shit outta luck.
Go shoot up a school or something

I thought that was impregnating the love of your life.

One day you are going to snap at someone
When you are on the inside, don't drop the soap!

I happen to be a very refined gentleman.

You sure that's just not a tranny. Looks more like a tranny.

From what I know, the SRW at least has a legit issue of it being a licensing nightmare beyond the OG games, thus a single company, like Harmony Gold or whoever, saying "fuck off" can bring the entire effort down. Tales though, we're STILL missing shit, or at times keep getting the shit end of the stick for actual releases (Phantasia can't catch a break). Final Fantasy? Dragon Quest? When various games got remade or ported, they eventually saw fit to bring them over. Hell, the Zenethia trilogy of Dragon Quest for the DS was made specifically for westerners that hadn't officially gotten V and VI (though the entire set are still ruined by culturization). Tales though: Destiny 2 gets ported to the PSP? No western release. Rebirth gets ported to the PSP? No western release. Phantasia gets ported to the PSP, and then sees ANOTHER enhanced port for the PSP (bundled with NDX)? Japan onry, fuck off gaijin.

I can think of a sew series that have had it worse over the years, like Dragon Slayer/Kiseki (Bamco even doing their part to shit up the original PSP trilogy here via google translate), or Zil Oll (where a bad import review of the PS1 original kept every one but the PS3 entry in the admittedly short series overseas, and even that one got shat on hard here), but as Tales has gotten more popular here, it's made the missing ones stand out all the harder.

Oh, and a final irony: Thoroughim once said that he was putting ToPX and NDX on the backburner to focus on Destiny DC, because he didn't want to be known as that guy that translated Phantasia multiple times if he ever died, or something. Well, now he won't even have Destiny.

If only child abuse included reproduction..

I don't think so. Can't convince you, though.
Don't come to school tommorrow

The nose and slightly browned skin gives me an african vibe. maybe like a fifth or sixth black. Doesn't look quite right for a typical huwite man.

Reported to the FBI, CIA, and PSIA.
They locking all kinds of people up for saying that now.

Yeah, you're right. Can't wait to see the world's first suicide cult lead by a roasted turkey.

Neither have anything to do with charisma

And they've even found a way around the licensing nightmare by just slapping on subs and making it importable

You are all missing out on a prime opportunity to regain your sanity in the world of woes and dread.

Locking up people for memes and autism, their worst enemies in the modern world.
Damn it I'm out of Baikens.

Sounds more to me like you're just scared of the great beyond.

It'd interesting, wouldn't it?

On a light note, I now have three less games on my backlog. Haha. Ha.

Someone should go ask Kingcom if he's going to take down Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei's patch from Aerie Wingdreams hosting due to its existence possibly harming SMTV's sales.

True, but even then you're risking Chinglish Asia versions of games. Would be nice if they'd actually get some professional internal English teams for various companies for multi-language releases based in Japan. Hilariously sad that 8-4 is based in Japan itself.

I still don't know if I wanna use Bulbasaur or Squirtle in my next leafgreen playthrough.

You should try new things.

Bulbasaur, he's the MVP starter.

fuck me I just saw the NTR tag in the pic. I look retarded now. I just want some new, quality Rise.

You should play a randomized run like I said 10 times ago

They gonna make memes illegal soon you know

I've found randomizer ROM hacks, but they're all for Gen 6 and beyond, and even if it's a randomizer Pokemon game, it's still shit.

Oh, but of course the issue with those PS2/PSP ports could simply be that they were all 2D scrolling combat entries. Seems like between sales of Destiny PS1, Eternia PS1, and Phantasia GBA, Bamco's acted like there's no market for 2D and sprites here compared to 3D models and 3D combat. Eternia PSP being an exception, but that English script was already done, PAL was a new market for it, and Ubisoft picked the game up for out there (and subsequently bugged the fuck out of certain prints of it). Also the Phantasia iPort, but that was microtransaction shekelhell and even mobilefags hated it.

photoshop some vanilla ice cream on the NTR tag.

Kosher memes will stay probably to keep the masses placated into a thought bubble. Memes are still powerful stuff when harnessed in a certain way.

Need some real life memery, like the old kilroy was here graffiti. Someone ought to spraypaint the "I'm in her" image of Trumpepe piccolodick, one image for each frame in a row.

Death is one of the only guarantees of life, no need to rush it.

SRW was at the very least decent with its translation. Digimon Cybersleuth on the other hand was a mess at points

Its an app you do yourself fam
pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

Thats true. The amount of terrible kike ones every election season goes way up.

I don't see why you people won't at least do the justice of hearing me out.
Can't you see I'm only trying to help you achieve what you really want in life?
The problem is you're all too attached to the binds that hold you to this world, you can't let go of your grief because you are addicted to it like blind sheep going to the slaughter.
Just let go and you will be on your way to achieving your dreams.

Don't put off what you can do today.

Can I use this on my homebrewed 3DS?

Yeah that is a fucked one too, even beyond the psp games, the second dragon slayer game was actually being translated until the company that was producing it ran out of money and shitcanned everything, but at least Xseed has been autistically dedicated to getting as much as they can out to the west.

The next election will be some interesting stuff. I gotta go to bed now, this shit's not good for me. Night. Have a not-Baiken.

Yeah it just changes data in the rom, pretty sure it works.

Cya next time user

At least give a donation for those who do want help.

Are you telling me you didn't want to Pokemon Go to the polls?

Procrastination is my raison d'être

Here's the thing: Bamco can be lazy. Very, very lazy with games that either aren't developed internally by them, or that they don't think are worth more effort. Thankfully, by the time Eternia PS1 rolled out, they'd decided to give it an honest go with the English script's accuracy to the original (Destiny PS1 to my knowledge was a bit loose; "No, I'm a teapot. Of course I'm a sword."), and for the most part, Tales we did get had a decent enough track record, barring at times characters from games we didn't get (such as translating Kohaku as Amber in ToGf). For better or worse, Bamco finally put 8-4 in the trash, and unfortunately it's taken the new team time to really get a feel for it.

But you really want bad Namco, look at the Gagharv Legend of Heroes games. Beyond the scrips being awful, they even released the games out of order here.

Shame they still stand the lose the series if there's a cheaper alternative, given how they keep losing Falcom games. I know a lot of anons were worried NISA would announce it last week or so, with a fair amount of anons also hopeful for the salt harvest as well.

And I suppose another issue there is that Legend of Heroes is just part of a bigger series in that it spawned from Dragon Slayer, so you get this mess of games that apparently no one wanted to pick up for coming overseas.

I wish I knew moon, but I've got like no capability for learning other languages.

Same here! Want to join?

Oh and beyond that, there's also the apparent change in mindset at XSEED. Something that even Tom is finding it hard to justify not censoring shit with things like Me Too or whatever it was. I suppose that's what happens when so many localization companies are all based out of parts of Commiefornia or the Greater Cuck Coast.

Might also rectify that I mean that in terms of script. Obviously they still cut the skits until Symphonia, and opted to not voice them until Vesperia (Legendia being an odd exception). So they weren't as lazy, but still lazier than they should have been.

Nah

Xseed is starting to cave too? I thought they'd be okay after resisting the shitstorm over akibas trip I think it was?
I should just learn myself some nip and start my own translation crew

night fam

It's not like you actually have to participate in any of the activities if you don't want to.

Late to the party. Anyone still alive? Hopefully I'm not banned anymore

Ok, fine.

Hi

Hey man whats going on, haven't been here in awhile, been busy with work, but also I got banned for awhile because Mark is a fat farting cockblocking autistic shit

Hello again OP

Idk I never play those type of games but my friends have been badgering me to get Civ VI? I've never played that type of strategy game tho

well I'm out, gonna go be productive

Not yet to my knowledge, but from what I've heard, they're on the edge. Supposedly Tom was one of the few things keeping the rest in line, so if he goes, the whole company's liable to.

Issues to consider: Where are you going to get the money, and how are you going to build your resume to even get actually worthwhile games tossed at you to work on? Also, the localization industry seems pretty cliquish, and in a number of older games I've played, I've seen companies responsible for their translations that simply aren't around anymore (though some of them also seemed like general translation companies anyhow, and not even for games of anime). And even companies with iffy reputations like 8-4 and NISA can still get very easy work, because they have a now huge list of games handled that can be seen as evidence of them being alright on the sales end of things. I think the only upstart I've heard doing well enough was Pqube, and even they wound up losing people faith in removing ages from VD:B (not so much the act as SK did so before it, but it coming after they'd said the game would be entirely uncensored).

Beyond that, I've seen a fair amount of cases of people learning moon with the idea of going into fan-translation at the very least, only to finally say "fuck off, go learn moon yourself" after getting good enough with it.

Have a good rest of your day/night user

Would you fug the nanachi?

They've always been pozzed to some extent, it's just before they used to care more about being professional, part of why SC took so long to make was because one of the outsourced translators, Cape Fulgur, couldn't meet the demands of the company(and might have been trying to alter the script because it triggered them though the work was discarded in the end.), and the translator tried to kill themselves because of it. Now, Tom is starting to flip, he's talking about shit like changing the games as they're made, ala Nintendo Treehouse.

Just waiting for work to finish in a dead thread.

Not a clue. My ambition was just a paymetons for scanlation work at the most.

I'd fug a mitty

I want to take a second to note that this version is an entirely different game developed by some kind of shell company, and as far as i can tell, isn't actually related to the PC version.

It's unfortunate that there's both a language barrier and perhaps corporate bureaucracy that can keep out-of-region complaints from reaching the right ears. I mean, say you want to tell Marvelous Japan, or NIS, or Bamco, or some other Japanese branch that they shouldn't be listening to the vocal minority whining about their games in the west, and that they don't have to allow censorship or whatever. Even if you were to have it written in proper Japanese, would it even get to the people in question, or just get rerouted back to the western team to discard/tell the Japanese one what they want them to hear because the feedback was western in origin? I'd say maybe a better idea would be to make the Japanese fanbase aware to raise complaints locally, but they likely don't give much of a shit about the overseas fanbase, until it bites them in the ass like with Star Ocean 5's panty problem, in which case then the western fans are to blame for games being changed even for them. And even what Japanons I've seen around here on English boards don't seem to care much as long as it doesn't effect them, with the answer being "go learn moon" (which these companies also endorse if you don't want to deal with what your own regions "sensibilities" are).

Shouldn't have to learn a whole different language to be able to get a proper experience with a game.

Best I might suggest would be an imageboard based fan-translation group, but obviously that has the issues of who's doing what when you don't know anyone else actually involved. I mean, that did work for nep, but at the same time, that was autism specific to nep as a series to pushed it through.

While I agree, Japan doesn't have a whole lot of fucks to give about foreigners unless it comes to their shit being pirated.
And it's why I figured just doing doujins would be an easy starting point. Assuming I'm dealing with something ~20 pages, I don't think it would take me longer than a week to have a finished product, assuming I have decent comprehension of japanese. Perhaps a brand and reputation could grow from there, but really nothing will get better if I sit on my ass waiting for someone else to fix it.

Apathy is king in this situation. I remember during the Xenoblade X shit, the defeatist reply of "lol forget about western releases go learn japanese" was pretty much the defacto response to any attempt to gather pushback. None of the people saying that could conceive of the idea that the Treehouse may have the power to censor games as they're being made in the future, no, the SJW's could NEVER influence Japan, according to them.

I don't know what we could do to stop this encroaching tide of poz translations, short of getting North Korea to nuke washington and california, but to just give up and pretend that translations were never good, regardless of if it's true or not, is foolish.