Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

MH 3DS DOWNLOADS

4 Ultimate: mega.nz/#!UFdgDTzS!ws52fBS8Xx-5Rf5oeNtYIQ_9Es4oBEXEg7GQ6as5THo
If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktu.be/Ki16vhNaTWw
hooktu.be/zwDBTgzOTZc
hooktu.be/9fEkF2Pq1so
hooktube.com/watch?v=9fEkF2Pq1so
hooktube.com/watch?v=zwDBTgzOTZc
hooktube.com/watch?v=Ki16vhNaTWw
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5476
forums.ppsspp.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=34
stream.me/s/3/zAxEDmUQhJ/X1nGaO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Monster Hunter World

Copypaste from prior thread, thank you for your hard work user

Did some research on Tempered Monsters in MHW
And collected them in this post for easy digestion.

What is a tempered monster?

Tempered monsters are the endgame/postgame monsters in MHW.
They are just like the regular monsters, but have increased attack power (enough to one shot geared hunters with certain attacks.)
Tempered monsters also have a purple outline in their icon and leave blue tracks.
Investigations with tempered monsters also have purple reward boxes.

Categorically the tempered monsters fall into 3 groups:

Pukei-Pukei
Barroth
Jyuratodus
Tobi-Kadachi
Radobaan
Paolumu
Rathian
Anjanath

Rathalos (Might be tier 1, could not confirm)
A.Rathalos
P.Rathian
Diablos
B.Diablos
Odogaron
Legiana
Bazelgeuse
Lavasioth
Uragaan

Nergigantte
Teostra
Kushala Daora
Vaal Hazak
Kirin

Higher the tier, the better the rewards.
Note: the highest rarity drops are exclusive to the 3rd tier.

Where to fight them?

Tempered monsters are primarily investigation only, there are also few quests that pit you against tempered monsters.
Tempered monster investigations are generally unlocked by gathering tempered tracks in expeditions. (These tracks seem to always spawn in the same spots)
You can also them the same way as normal investigations when hunting tempered monsters. (break parts, gather tracks) But the chance is very low.
They are also found under Investigations section when responding to S.O.S.

Why fight them?

Tempered monsters drop streamstones in rewards and tempered monster investigations reward either streamstones or feystones.
Streamstones are used to augment Armor. They also come in different rarities.
Streamstones can also be used at the melding pot to create new random decorations out of the old ones.
You can also rarely get "warrior's streamstone" from 2nd tier upwards, they come in different types like Axe (Switch Axe & Charge Blade), Ranged (Bowgun's & Bow), etc, and can be used to augment the corresponding weapon types.
Warrior's streamstones also have a rare version called "hero's streamstone" needed for augmenting Tier 8 weapons.

Note: that lower rarity armor require lower rarity streamstones to augment and lower rarity weapons have more augment slots.

Feystones turn into decorations when identified, and come in several different rarities.
This is the only real way of getting rare decorations, and the fastest way of getting decorations in general.
There are decorations for at least some of the set bonuses present in the game. (Bonus charge level for bow, Extra damage on non elemental weapons, etc).

Augmenting quick and dirty

Weapons can be Augmented following ways:
Increased attack (+5 raw)
Increased affinity (+10%)
Bonus defense (+10)
Extra slots (potentially upgrade existing slot)
Heal on attack

Note: Numbers can potentially vary depending on weapon type.

Rarity 8 weapons have 1 augment slot, Rarity 7 has 2 and Rarity 6 has 3.
Each augment also requires different plates and gems for different monsters.

Note: A weapon must be at the end of it's upgrade path to be augmented.

Arenas have always been kind of ass in that way since they're pretty much entirely balanced around having a second player.

Some good, a lot bad… man, torn if I wanna go into this release.

I played a fair bit of it, writing up my thoughts on it as we speak, but short version? I'd skip it. Even if it gets a G version later, the bulk of the game is just dull, and it would take a major overhaul for G Rank to be worth slogging through Low and High for it.

Reminder that MH3U was the best game. MH4U was the last good game. MHXX was straight trash. MHW isn't even the same franchise.

git gud

Show me your 133t 5K111S user.

Reminder that Raths are a female only species.

I'll take a serving of #4
thanks

Nightly 4U room tonight anyone?
I'm late and don't know if anyone wants to play since tomorrows monday

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

you should be bullied my man

Nah fuck off and fuck anyone who defends that objectively retarded decision. At least they fixed it in 4U where the table changes each time you load your game up instead of permanently locking you in.

It's not pure RNG though, you can get a guaranteed table depending on your clock, look it up.
What's really bullshit is the tutorial 3U has

You'd only have to do it once if you aren't a retard.
I think it might be asking too much of you, though.

I hope I'm not massively late to this joke.

While it's an awful bug, it only really matters if you're a minmaxing tryhard. Normal play doesn't require trying to get the optimum table.

You're not very smart.

Filter search by arena and you can get easy a-ranks with a second person assuming you aren't a retard.

When did they figure that time bullshit out? Last time I played MH3U the only way to figure out the table was with the fishing boats

Just finishing off getting all the kill related guild card titles, ingredients and quests done, got the plat ages ago and have done just about all there is to do in worlds and I have to say the end game is just terrible, tempered elder dragons just aren't that hard (it takes longer to get the investigations than to do them great design)

There are a lot of small issues that could be fixed easily but I doubt they will do it, to name a few quick fixes they could implement:

Still enjoying playing it though.

A few weeks ago some user posted a PSN code for World. Upon claiming it, I figured I should at least report back with my experience on it once I'd gotten a decent ways in. As of this writing, I've defeated Nergigante. For the record, I've played purely solo, and while the system itself is connected to the Net to get the patches, I don't have Plus so I haven't signed in to PSN, so I can't speak on any of the online content.

THE GOOD

THE BAD

>Monsters attacking each other. Even aside from the scripted shit they will regularly break off from focusing on you even while you're actively damaging them to turn on the other monster.

THE UGLY (or stuff that irks me but isn't as important as the above)

I think most fans' core problem with World is it lacks any sense of commitment at all. Whether or not you found the games difficult before, you absolutely had to pay attention to them to succeed. The obvious example of a change here is being able to move while using items or shooting, but it's quite a bit more universal than that. To learn a monster's weak points, you had to observe what effects your attacks had on it, be it blood spurts, screen shaking, or bouncing off. Now, blood spurts are gone and you're either using damage numbers or just consulting the in-game wiki. Similarly, you no longer need to keep any of those things the wiki records in mind, like what drops what or what parts are breakable/severable. Forgot to bring some key items? Just duck back into the tent and grab them. Forget to eat? The table's right there. Finding the weapon you upgraded into isn't what you want after a few hunts, or unlocked a new one you want to make instead? Just push it backwards and even get the parts refunded. Quest too hard to take on alone? Summon some other players. Bad position to start your Greatsword charge in? Tackle out of it, and have insane damage reduction and super armor with that. I'm feeling this even in otherwise positive changes, like item gathering no longer making you stop and gather outside of the account items, or seemingly unrelated changes, like the reworking of the armor system where generally you're better off clown suiting and just going piece by piece rather than having to decide on a set and work towards getting it completed to get most if not all of the Skills going. The only thing that seems to really demand any sort of commitment on the part of the player is the game auto-saving after starting an Investigation to use up one of it's uses in case they rage-quit, but with how many dozens of them the game shits on you constantly (and it's not like ones with gold-tier rewards are rare by any means) this is hardly a key factor. This is what I think strikes at the heart of so many of the changes and why they rub longtime fans the wrong way even if they can't quite articulate it.

To me, the biggest thing is the loss of any tension. On top of everything being so much mind-numbingly easier than even XX was, the fact that not only can you run back to the base camp at just about any time to replenish your potions (including Max Potions, which is just beyond belief) but that every map is overflowing with easy to loot Herb and Honey to mix up Mega Potions at any moment (with zero chance of failure, no Books of Combo required) which you can drink while running around, plus with little danger of running out of max stamina between the much longer time it takes for the cap to decrease, eating at camp, and the stamina bugs strewn about just makes it lack any possibility that you might find yourself in a truly fucked position. Even the one map that has (a small number of) hot spots has a whole area just overflowing with mushrooms to brew Cool Drinks. And of course, infinite Whetstones. You're never going to get screwed over by your own lack of preparation or short-sightedness, and you're certainly never going to have the sort of desperate struggle where you've run down to the wire, carted twice with every healing/support item exhausted including the ones you found by gathering on the map, bashing away at the Tigrex who you KNOW is just hanging on by a few HP with a weapon at red sharpness as you desperately try to bring him down, knowing that win or lose you are going to collapse from the sheer rush afterward as the adrenaline that had been pumping through you fades, breathless at just how amazing a fight you just had.

In conclusion, I just can't suggest this game to Monster Hunter fans. Taken purely in a vacuum, it's an alright action game, and could easily have been a huge step up for other franchises - if this had been, say, Elder Scrolls 6, I could easily celebrate it as a huge improvement and step up for that series. As Monster Hunter 5, however, it's simply lacking in just about every meaningful way. Everything that makes Monster Hunter good to me is at best weakened and at worst completely gone. It's not out of the blue entirely, as a lot of what's bad about it has been creeping into the franchise for a while, but I've never felt this huge a loss all at once with any prior title. Maybe G Rank will salvage it; I hope it will. As is, World is just really boring, and I don't feel any particular joy in the thought of running around playing tag with randomly generated "clues" to be given permission to play the game any further.

It can happen. I've seen footae of a guy getting dropped right in front of a diablos.

I'm at the kill 3 elder dragons part and getting really bored of it. Hope I'm near the end of this game so I can delete it and move on. It was playable, but I find myself liking the older games a lot more.

Had similar thoughts. Thanks for the write up user.

Yeah I've landed on a few large monsters too. Of course they don't spot you right away so I could easily run off and teleport to camp.

THATS A THING?!
im disgusted and i only got into monhun this year

you can see the whole tree at any time, the legit only use for it is if you accidentally go too far in a tree and want to go back and even then you can't roll back once you've maxed it so it's not as disgusting as it sounds.

Fair enough, I would've assumed it'd be in the realm of possibility with three large monsters wandering the map at any given point, but it simply never happened any of the very few times I didn't start at the base camp anyway.

My pleasure, it gives me a bit of catharsis, and hopefully gives Anons who are on the fence valuable insight.

It is.

For an experienced player, yeah, but I get the feeling it's for the newbie players who don't want to feel like they "wasted" things on an upgrade they end up not liking

Or it just saves them the time they'd spend looking it up online.

but thats what being able to look at the whole tree is for
thats a good and welcome change in my opinion
having a "you can revert anything you made and get the materials back" button while already having the ability to see the whole tree so you know what your getting into before making it isnt.

side note, anyone have pro online client v0.10, i want to try again getting my vita online in mhfu

You can't. You can revert almost all of the low tier stuff, but there are several points you can't go back from and the max tier weapons are all locked in.

Outside of Low Rank I didn't think that was useful at all. Too many opportunities to permanently upgrade things in high rank.

Part of me feels like it's a little unfair to compare it to XX when it would be better to compare it to another generation-starting game like Tri or 4. Personally, I can't speak for 4 because my DS broke before I could finish it. Largely do not disagree about items though, and I feel like the SOS flare has done more harm than good upon reflecting about it. Some of the points feel like "old people problems" though. Like, there was some inconvenience that was removed, but now it's actually missed, something like that. It's a bit late.

I just meant in terms of it being easier than even the game that is widely considered the easiest in the franchise due to just how fucking broken Brave Style was. I would definitely say it's easier than X or 4 as well haven't played Tri though so can't speak on it.

Perhaps, but this wasn't meant to be an objective list so much as how I personally felt playing it and I probably fall under the "old people" category. Someone else already did a much better job than I could making an objective list of what World did.

what monsters will world 2 have

Still cant do it
followed the only guide to the letter
searched everywhere to make sure i had v0.10 since apparently most links are dead or behind some account that mods have to approve
forwarded ports and did the dmz thing

why say such things

I figured it out, apparently it doesnt work on the sony driver for MHFU, used inferno.

because I'm a realist
Theyd have to make a spider web themed environment, and since they're going for a lot of vertical space as well were talking about a pretty massive endeavor for only nercy/shrouded
among that they'd also have to add gypceros because that's its main prey, and giver her unique animations for the monster fights that would probably differ if it has access to a web or not
not to mention unlike a lot of the monsters she has to have her own unique 8 legged rig that would need to be worked on since they cant recycle any skeletons for her
with how mhw looks now i doubt Nercy will show up anytime soon, especially once the mh hype dies down and its not viable investing that much time into a unique monster

yeah you're right a female nerscylla is completely impossible. male when though

I just cant wait to fight tigrex, and for all these shit players to fight Super Saiyan Rage Mode Rajang for the real challenge.

Fuck off.

rude

and thats the last time I take your questions seriously

Wait tigrex isnt in world? I totally thought it would be a launch monster
fuck thanks for the reminder i gotta nut up and fight that guy in 4u
I want them to suffer plesioth's terrible hitboxes

the rotten vale has alot of web like stuff already
gypceros is the bog wyvern frame
the only real issue is Nerscyllas frame which don't seem like much of an issue
also if you're reading this far you're gay tbh

I still don't understand why Zinogre wasn't in world, he's been in every game since his inception except world, hell even both frontier and online have him now now.

Isn't that dead wyvern a legiana?

They replaced it with Tobi Kadachi you numbskull.
I think they are both cool but I think they should still add zinogre later if they can.

This. What people fail to understand about charm tables is that people talking about them are ONLY talking about the tippy top 0.1% absolute perfect stats god charms. The other 99.9% of possible charms in the table are not considered at all. Yeah, it's still kind of shitty, but at least you only have to do the clock setting thing once when you make your save and then that's it.

Are you retarded? That's not what you do at all. You set you clock to a specific time and date, watch a timer for x minues and y seconds until the exact time that correlates with your desired table, and hit the New Game button. It's practically retard proof RNG manipulation. Please tell me you weren't some sort of drooling idiot that just randomly kept making new games and using Athena's Fish Finder without actually understanding the steps to getting the charm table you want.

Release ver. World has a very large focus on the new monsters it adds, for better or worse, with very few returning monsters. Of the returning monsters, most are iconic ones from gen 2 and back. Only Barroth and Uragaan are from later gens, and they seem there just to round out the monster selection, rather than for nostalgia points. If having an update like the Jho one isn't a one time deal, they're probably going to be bringing back more old monsters in future updates.

smh

Does XX have several dozen updates, or is something fucking up on my end? I keep trying to update the game, but it keeps popping up, saying there's another update available, after it's done.

I wasn't counting sub-species, which make up 25% of the old monsters. And, a good portion of returning monsters are elder dragons, which are end-game only. That leaves six old monsters, with their sub-species, that you're allowed to fight before you get to end-game. World just has a very small roster.

Does anyone know how nip fans rate World? I imagine they'd absolutely hate the way online works now.
The SOS system is an abject failure. It maybe helps new players, but killed the normal online community in the process.

I recall it being a thing maybe a month or so after release. I never bothered with farming charms tho i just used action replay on them because fuck that level of rng.

OK, so 9/27 monsters are returning, that's 1/3 of the game's monsters still.

Kirin's Low Rank, but yeah Daora and Teo are High Rank.

My impression is that older fans are passing on it, with most of the people buying into it being at the oldest people who jumped in on 4th gen, and many being completely new.

your end most likely
if you're using a cfw 3ds make sure youre downloading the same patch for the games regions. updating through the home screen downloads the patch for the console's region, freeshop will give you the one for the games region and ciangel will let you specify

I can't seem to find the update data on freeshop, which is where I got the game in the first place.

Bring up the (world)map and pick Astera, then choose from the list of destinations there to travel directly to the Smithy/Canteen/Gathering Hub instead of walking the length of the Tradeyard

try using fbi's qr to download the specific update for the region your game is from the titlekey site
if that doesnt work
backup your save if you have one and re-download it

Do you know the serial for the update? I'm having trouble finding it on the titlekey site.

I don't know if this breaks the translation or something, but by far the easiest way is to just download it off of freeshop's built in list directly instead of using a titlekey or QR. The updates will come automatically and if they're not there then you just need to go to the intsalled games tab and hit the updates button for XX

Hello, it's Garuda again, here with more clips.

This time with hooktube too
hooktu.be/Ki16vhNaTWw
hooktu.be/zwDBTgzOTZc
hooktu.be/9fEkF2Pq1so

broken link, I assume you tried to embed both youtube and hooktube videos, which you can't.

Fucked it up
hooktube.com/watch?v=9fEkF2Pq1so
hooktube.com/watch?v=zwDBTgzOTZc
hooktube.com/watch?v=Ki16vhNaTWw

seriously man? its just wilful ignorance at this point.
there's a fucking search bar and a column that tells you if its a game, dlc, or a patch

I'll fuck you up you fucking spaghetti-nigger.
:^)

After seeing how much of a pushover Nargacuga was, I don't even know what to feel anymore.

Khezu has the best theme song.

It's not for hunting with friends, if you wanted to hunt with friends you would do what you did before and make a lobby, SOS is for calling indiscriminate help that will arrive late, scale the monster up 2.6 times and cart to absolutely nothing.

t. John Cage

Rathalos is funny in the sense that he has a theme song, but his theme song is the generic forest area music from Gen 1, in every game I played with him he just uses the area fight music despite having his "own" theme.
Have fun user, may his globe be at home and the fight won't draw out too long.

Anybody who defends khezu deserves to not be bullied, but to be dragged out into the streets then beaten like the worthless pests that they are.
God I fucking loathe that monster with all of my being.
Capcom please bring back my leechfu Gigginox!

If it isn't rasta my boy :^)
We gotta play some more but now i kinda stopped

shit's silent yo

Monster theme songs play when a monster sees you Khezu's blind.

>>>/cuckchan/

Saved that from here, boy.

>>>/oven/ seems to be right up your alley

Keep up the memes, one day Mark will give you a medal.

Yeah we do, I am willing to kill any HR monster you want with you dude, I still need to get the kill 500 monsters achievement and get to hr 100 so I'm not done yet. Im also currently waiting for the Pickle and the other monsters to be released in the spring update.

Gore Magala is blind but it has an awesome theme.
Khezu is just aids incarnate.

Gore just has shit sight, read the lore.

Its just a faggot salty thats mad because you posted a MHW webm and that people are now buying and enjoying a series that many in the west up until now ignored. Most of the people that hang on to older MH even though they are nothing more than just a re-skinned MH1 are only going so for one of two reasons.
ONE: They are fucking hipsters who thought they where going non-mainstream even though they played the Japan's mainstream game series. MH is Japan's CoD.
TWO: They are poor and can't afford a more up to date gaming machine or buy new games.

Thanks for beta-testing on your Up™-To™-Date™-Gaming™-Machine™. I may or may not deign to give the final version a spin, without having to deal with buyers remorse.
>mfw you actually are willing to pay for online probably into findom as well :^)

You sound like a faggot.

Yeah, I can't deny how easy it is. With what I remember of Tri, right now I think World monsters tend to hit harder, but their attacks are also much slower or telegraphed. I'll cite rathian/rathalos' tail sweeps, for instance.

It also feels to me like stun is more of an issue in fights, especially with Teostra. I had to fight Barroth a billion times in Tri because I started with the Switch Axe and I wanted the first thing that took me off the Bone Axe path. It was awful, but what I remember is that Barroth has to get at least three or four good charges on me before the stun animation happened, and here, I think I'd expect to get stunned in two good hits.

Additionally, as a thought I think it would have been nice if they actually did have an in-game wiki instead of the guidebooks they have. It would have been neat in before games to see things like "You can poison off Daora's wind barrier" or "Stay away from Rathalos' front because he has a fast fireball attack." That sort of deal.

I saw that earlier list and I pretty much agree with everything on there except for some of the irks. I'd probably express more horror towards the deco system though.

NPCs explicitly tell you this multiple times.
Gee, who would've thought the head of a monster that spits huge flaming balls might be dangerous. In fact, it's really a stretch to say that staying in front of a giant predatory animal would be dangerous at all.

Can someone post the GS FU webm?
Thought I had it saved but turns out I didn't.

Postan a webm in return

I can only assume people would stand in front of its face to hit it, but that's just not worth the risk.

Is that in MHFU or 4? Hadn't played 4 and I broke my PSP too before I got very far in FU as well.

About the rathalos thing, I mean realistically speaking, I wouldn't feel very safe if my being was within a mile of a rathalos, or even something like a giadrome, but pretty much said what I eventually figured. I just specifically avoided being in Rathalos' front after a while because while it's nice to be able to do more damage, being there meant being exposed to an attack that I found very hard to evade. It was a good lesson in positioning.

This?

Thanks. I wanted some inspiration for my own GS escapades in FU.

dam straight Gore does

i know they tell you that in 4 a few times, havent gotten to kushala in FU though

I don't think it'd have any of the more funner fights

Is there a way to play the psp games with other fags on an emulator?

yes
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5476

This shit should be in OP with the frequency at which this question is asked.

It wouldn't be so bad if they also didn't have 4 models total for each weapon, with only minor gluejobs here and there.

There is but I've never done it myself so don't know the steps, try looking though the ppsspp fourms might be a good tutorial to use.
forums.ppsspp.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=34

I'd just like to point out this post is this (((user's))) only one in his post history.

That doesn't work. You can use it to go to the Gathering Area or the Training Area, I suppose since those are on different loading screens, but it doesn't let you do that to go the Factory Area.

Can't speak on Tri specifically to be fair, but in the series in general it's less often about the total number of hits in general and more about the time in between them - stun decreases over time like any other status value, so if you get hit twice in a row in most of the main series games by anything reasonably serious (i.e. not just the sliver of damage from a monster stepping on you while turning or the like) you're likely to get stunned. Now, I presume the same holds true in World judging from how you described it, but I don't recall ever actually getting stunned, so I can't say for sure.

Personally I'd have been onboard with making it a wiki in the sense of editing - give the player a book with the outline of the monster and the different hit zones, and let them fill it in with what areas they think take more or less damage, and noting what drops they get from carves, caps, breaks, etc. If you want to push the online thing too, make it even more like a wiki and let players set permissions on their notes so that they can either allow anyone, only friends, or no one to edit their own work, or let them do a "compare notes" feature where they can look at how their books differ from their friends. That would've been a much better way to get into the whole "simulating being a Hunter" aspect than the tracking mechanic was.

It is pretty awful, but Decorations happen at High Rank, and by that point I think I'd gotten jaded to how bad the game was, and as bad as RNG shit is it's a problem the series has had since Talismans got introduced, and not quite so consistent with the bigger issues I see in the game as detailed at the end.

As in not just in this thread, but on the board as a whole? Not surprised, pretty standard behavior for (((those folks)))

you know that doesn't mean much since his ip could have just switch due to his internet dropping or a number of various different reasons

Yes
You can also do it on the vita

Shame only that stream user seems to play with any frequency

Yes, pure cohencidence,

*rubs Cheliceraes* hunteroim

I guess it's because it's because the whole game is something new to me and I'm eager to explore it while for older veterans it's either become a chore don't your vidya become chores, anons or a passive part of vidya grind. Plus, there are so many MH games, yet like with any game series the newest one is the one with most players.

Actually from the sound of things, at least here most of the Anons are playing 4U at the moment.

May as well stream instead of uselessly lurking. I'll try taking on ol' Rath tonight.

stream.me/s/3/zAxEDmUQhJ/X1nGaO

How is the new streaming site anyhow? Easy to use? Any downsides?

easy - yes
downsides - audio is always a couple of milliseconds behind and I'm getting a creepy furry vibe from the whole site, but I might be just me

Yeah, I just installed the updated fork of freeshop yesterday, so the layout was alien to me, and I didn't realize what the installed games list actually was. I got it all figured out, now.

You think I didn't use those? I even filtered for JP region and patches only. The issue is that there is no patch with "MHXX", or even just "XX", in the title, like the game, and I can't read enough moon to figure out which patch belongs to the game. I tried one patch with "1.2.0" in the title, since that's the latest version of MHXX, but it didn't change anything, which is why I then asked for the serial number, to make sure I had the right patch selected.

Hm, the latter would be bad for the community as a whole, but if the only other problem is a very slight audio lag, that might not be so bad. Been looking for a way to stream shit since a friend has yet to see, of all things, Kung Pow.

Try searching ダブルクロス

Did World have any new skeletons at all? Every monster I'm aware of is a copy of an existing skeleton. Zorah Magdoros is the only one I thought had a unique one, but I've seen some people claim it's actually Lao's skeleton under all that rock. Tri introduced the Leviathan skeletons and Brute Wyvern skeletons though I'm convinced Lagiacrus's skeleton is just Fatalis's with the wings cut off, World only maybe introduced Zorah's, if it's actually new.

FBI gives info on the games serial, and title ID
looking up the last ~6 numbers of the ID show that game's suite of downloads
also looking it up in japanese like this user said is usually an option for jp games

That's how I understood status worked, yeah. I should've clarified that when I first fought Barroth he was getting multiple charges in, practically one after another, so that's how I got stunned. I might test stun thresholds in Tri vs World if I can find my Wii again.

I was thinking something along those lines for that guidebook suggestion too. Etrian Odyssey has something a lot like that where you have to draw your own maps, and I feel like it serves the purpose of making players think and reflect more about how to take on levels.

I'm not entirely bothered by the presence of the guidebook but I feel like people who would need the guidebook, as in the information there would otherwise simply be lost to them, are not using their brains enough to play Monster Hunter properly, and they should be encouraged to think and strategize more. Having a more writable guide book serves as a suggestion that some measure of knowledge is supposed to be taken out of each fight. Further, it's more useful in that a larger range of information is potentially available. You can write about weaknesses in there, but there's room for more nuanced and specific suggestions too, and it wouldn't spoonfeed like the monster journal currently does.

What's Xeno's then?
Speaking of Xeno, I'd like to point out the five fingered human hands. Wyverians have but four. Implications there are frightening me. It seems that Japanese games have need to imply that dragons and men share the same origin, but never directly state it. From Pokemon to Dark Souls, this is some hyper crisis tier meta fuckery.

That skull is from a dragon mutated by the Chaos flame and killed by Havel in the Age of Fire.

Xeno's skeleton looks like Gore Magala or Valfalk to me.

As I said, I already got it figured out, once I realized what the installed games tab was.

Really? Where does it say that?
Oh right, that's fan hypothesis.

Replaying MHFU any tips?
Using lance.

The wyverns are yakuza.

Nightly 4U Room
43-8945-6885-0688

He's tier 2, I have multiple investigations for him

this so much, fuck the investigation system. fuck MHW in general, even if its fun up until the end game.

What did he mean by this?

Fuck off Vaati, none of that exists.

Probably in reference to the fact that with all the new players and the fact that shit is so much easier overall (no negative skills for example), it's either already happened or it's inevitable for people to start naming certain armor setups and labeling them as the best or meta builds. So instead of everyone making their own armor mixes you'll end up with 90% of people playing with the "Faggy Fucker 5000" flavor of the month popular streamer "build"

Also whoever the fuck started the trend of calling them "Mons" can fucking die

who /stillplayingworld/ here?

yup

Fucking meta cancer in 4U and Gen/XX was terrible.

Just wait for the MHW quick kill videos with rap dubbed over.

Calm down, mate

I'm fine user, totally fine

just regress and play MH4U with the other regressives in this thread. Or play it alone. Or just don't play Monster Hunter at all, and stop watching streamers you fucking faggot.

I find I'm using more honey for mega potions than I can produce from the farm with maxed out honey production, do I just need to git gud and not be getting hit so much or should I be doing more gathering quests/epic quests to get honey/mega potions?

Fuck off.

git gud at preparing better, git gud at gathering more, git gud at stocking materials you need, git gud at item management, git gud at using ALL of the systems available to you, and git fucking gud at paying goddamn attention to what's going on around you. Even if you use 10 mega potions per hunt (which is OBSCENE unless you are going in naked) you can easily produce at least 24 per quest if you're producing honey exclusively.

Not getting hit is a generally good idea as well, though.

You want a past game, play a fucking past game. I'm sorry new game isn't what you wanted, but past game is always there.

Where did you get "I watch streamers" out of "faggots will likely start copying popular streamers"

Do you expect people to only wear armor for looks? There are skills that are objectively the best for certain weapons. I wish people would get more creative and personal with their sets since I think it's fun, but there often isn't much room for variation when going for certain skills unless you have god charms.

Guard or evade and poke a lot.

24 per quest? How? My farm is barely producing 5-6 per quest.
I've been using purely regular potions until I hit nekot's quests and I've hit the point where a single hit will drop my health to where I need a mega potion so now I'm just burning through the honey that I have saved up.

The problem is that some skills are just that much better. Some skills are too fucking good. Honed blade should give less attack. Crit was too easy to stack for crit boost's effectiveness etc.

I want a new game, not garbage.

You're not getting one. All the good monster hunter games that WILL ever be made HAVE been made, and they're there for you to play. Play them.

New things are always garbage. That's just how things work.

He's talking about the FU farm, not the World tree.

6 is the most you'll get from the hive.

I'd still argue more than 5 mega potions is too damn much.

Don't over commit. Take it easy and be careful, you have 50 minutes to kill the monster. MH is not a speedrunner game.

So you admit that World is regressive?

You could do some easier quests in between serious hunts to build up more honey, upgrade your defense more, or just get hit less.

Too good, maybe, but they are often later game skills so it makes some sense they would be really good since you need to work a lot for them. Like in FU you have to suffer through White fucking Fatalis to get honed blade, so you certainly earn it. The crit shit in cross was pretty silly though, like most of the game.

I'm not from a lore angle here, I'm coming from a Joseph Campbell angle here. Hero's Journey and shit. We have here a pattern in Jap games of making the biggest obstacle distant kin of the protagonist. You want to bring this more westward, you have Zeus/Jupiter killing Cronus/Saturn and Marduk slaying Tiamat.
Old patterns emerging is strange places.

Bad != regressive.

Read a dictionary.

I love that series for that, brings back a lot of fond memories of tabletop games with maps drawn out on graph paper.

Pretty much exactly this. I remember some trying to argue that it replaces things like Ping's Dex and Kiranico, but it really doesn't since anyone who needs the sort of exact information those give is going to find the in-game version worthless, and as we've established if the goal was to teach new players how to play MonHun, it would've required more input on the player's input. As is, it is very much about reducing the need to commit to the game, because the people they wanted to sell World to don't care enough about video games to learn to play them.

Didn't Pokemon 4 outright state that humans and Pokemon were the same thing long ago, to the point they intermarried?

Fair enough, my bad.

Not me. I don't think I'll ever play it again, in fact. Just such an awful game. I didn't even pay anything for it, and I still have buyer's remorse. Also

It's like you're TRYING to be as cancerous a human being as possible.

The fuck are you on about? People play older installments of long running series all the time. Only someone who has a vested interest in people purchasing the newest version of the product would try to attack people liking old games.

We want new games to live up to the quality of past games, instead of getting worse.

Ah, FU. Yeah, now that you've gotten into High Rank, you're going to start taking a lot more damage. You're going to want to make some High Rank armor soon, since yeah, you're going to be taking tons of damage for a while.

Not necessarily - that's definitely the more common fate, but I can still get excited for every new installment of a particular handful of series.

It's also a very common element of story-telling for the protagonist and antagonist to have something in common or to become similar ("We're not so different, you and I," "Those who hunt monsters become monsters themselves.") It's often because it gives a little more depth to the story rather than just simply being good guy vs. bad guy, but in the context you're talking about, I wonder if that isn't just some sort of common element of the human experience.

Certainly sounds like World.

I see a lot of shit I want to reply to.

Me? How am I shilling it?

i would be shocked if the first few rounds of monsters that will need new animation skeletons are added arent tigrex or narga. i want to see all the insectoid bosses return but they are certainly going to go for the easier and more iconic monsters to add in.

he has had some pretty good monster hunter world streams too. its a little cringy when autists show up and just beg him to say the thing over and over again though.

You won't shut the fuck up about it. You've posted enough for today, go play some video games.

By that argument, any mention of it at all is shilling for it. To be sure, there is the adage that "There's no such thing as bad advertising," and to be sure the target audience of World are people who hated Monster Hunter, so MonHun fans hating the newest game is a plus to them. That said, as someone who has suffered through the abject misery of World, I feel I have an obligation to give feedback on it so those who have not played it can know more about it.

What makes you think I'm not doing both?

What are you, new? People don't talk about video games unless they're shilling them.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on, pal. Take your fucking (21) posts and all your (You)s and put them in a backpack and just fuck RIGHT off.

DO NOT

you know they *could* have just made them in permanent rage mode.
just saying

NO

stop being a nerd and add me already

Considering that for Kirin that would've made his skin always as hard as it was in the old games, I think they didn't want to scare away the casuals by doing that.

They enter it more easily in my experience. First time I went against the twin bazels one seemed perma-explosive glow from the start until sleep.

How would you know if they're copying streamers if you don't know what the streamers are doing? Checkmate soyboi.

add?

It's either a painful RNG or wearing 4 pieces of Rathalos set to never bounce, and casual or not that's some fucking bullshit.

I keep on randomly adding you on steam and you keep on ignoring it tbh

who are you and who do you think I am

naz

What RNG? You hit the head, you bounce off if you hit the rest. That's how Kirin is supposed to work. Is World your first MonHun or something?

I mean RNG for the gems that give whatever the fuck the mind's eye skill is called this game.

I wasn't aware Kirin's head didn't bounce, I always just used Mind's Eye or got frustrated by 90% of my attacks bouncing because I've never used KO weapons until World.

It's not exactly a revolutionary deduction to make, nor did I say anywhere that I know for sure. I mean, does this ever not happen in games that go "mainstream" anymore

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that if there IS a de facto "best" set of weapons/gear to go with, people WILL flock to it. You can blame it on the wikis, the data miners, the streamers, or whoever you want. It's inevitable, really.

But people who are fine losing out on a

Ah yeah, that is bullshit, but then so is the entire skill system in World.

Fair enough, though even if you're not using KO weapons, you'd want to aim for the head to break the horn, and because it takes the most damage even aside from bouncing issues.

>But people who are fine losing out on a

Yeah but that doesn't mean I've ever been good at aiming in monhun. It's so much easier to actually hit the part I'm aiming for in World than it ever has been before.

Fair enough.

Considering the monsters are far less active than before, and you can move while firing or even reaim while rapid-firing as a Gunner, that's hardly surprising. Kirin especially in World has a shitton of openings, especially with that line of lightning move where he just holds still and practically begs you to let loose a Level 3 Greatsword to his face.

I've never used guns in MH

On the subject of Kirin, anyone want to help me out with the Lightning Strikes Twice quest in World?

I'd love to help you, when it comes out on pc that is

neck yourself

quit being so tunsdere for me bby

Thnks for the hunts anons
It was fun, even rajang and ukanlos bullying me

I can help you out by telling you to get a better game that's not a slog from start to finish with horrible DLC practices.
Remember how the only good thing XX added was the ability to have a cosmetic set of armor on over your normal set

He's right though, it IS a slog with horrible DLC practices. You'd honestly be better off playing the original on PS2, stick attacking and all.

God damn I had to go through some shit to get a Tri ISO, barely any sites bother having it up, and the one that did made me slog through the worst most malicious ad filled hellhole to get to it, with the download site forcing you to turn off adblock

Them hitboxes doe.
Just be a good fella and suggest 4U or P3rd like everyone else.

Yeah, I'd get Stockholm Syndrome too, if I had to play Monster Hunter like Ape Escape for over two hundred hours. Don't worry, user.

The original MonHun is a fair bit of a slog in the early portion, but it gets better as you go along, like most MonHuns do. World does not, and that's my point.

Oh I do suggest going with newer stuff - Freedom Unite or Portable 3rd is probably the best for entirely new players, and they along with 3U and 4U are my favorites in the series that I go back to regularly. I'm just saying, World is so bad, I would actually find the original on the PS2 more enjoyable, despite my issues with it.

But world isn't half that bad.
Just kind of dull and uninteresting.
A 7/10.

don't you be dising ape escape now

Stockholm Syndrome is actually what I'd ascribe to the people defending World because of it getting a PC release - PC people have this bizarre sense of loyalty to the platform that baffles me.

It's a competent action game in and of itself, but it is undoubtedly the absolute worst main series Monster Hunter game ever made.

How do I learn to not suck with the Gunlance? I dig the look of the weapon and I like the idea of blocking but I can't land hits for shit with it.

If you're playing world then you're going to need this tactic instead

Every platform has this. No need to try to make console war.

Granted, but for the PC folks it extends in this bizarre way where even though the PC's greatest ability is to emulate other systems, they act like a game getting a native PC release is somehow inherently better, and many even outright disparage the ability to emulate at all. It's supremely confusing.

I don't understand why it is so hard to accept that PC can run shit well if the games are actually optimized?
You are supremely confusing with your mental gymnastics.

Because it is. It's the same fucking game except with much more user freedom. Better framerate, resolution and graphics. More control options. You don't have to fucking pay again for online. Usually modding to some degree. The only time when a PC version is not objectively better is when they sabotage it on purpose, and that's like saying that SNES is worse than NES because some retard made a game for both but deliberately fucked up the SNES version. A PC version is just the same game, except with more freedom for the user to use as they want and with better performance. Now fuck off with your console war baiting. Oh, and that PC is objectively a better platform doesn't mean that World is good.

I'm talking about the fact that there are people who, without playing any of the games in the franchise, automatically consider World to be the apex of the franchise solely because it's getting a native PC release, as opposed to every other title in the franchise, including the ones they can quite easily emulate.

What I think user means is that some people refuse to play any MH game because they're not on PC (frontier and online not counting), despite being easy to emulate like FU and P3rd, and that since World is coming to PC it's automatically better than the other games by virtue of being the first MH on PC, regardless of its own qualities or the fact that you can play the older games easily via PPSSPP.

Well that makes more sense now.

There is a cap at that there I think, still pretty bad though, that being said I once saw a guild card with someone who had done over 500 LR quests and investigations with like 200 LR barroth kills and next to no actual progression, I mean you can play games however you want but that shit confuses me even now.

I wonder what capcom stance on mods will be for world as they were perfectly fine with Dragon's Dogma being moddable, the very first mod i'm going to look for is one that fixes the Handler's face hopefully someone will untumblrise her.

Or put a paper bag over her head.

That's barely enough to kill a G. Jaggi.

Or just remove her from the game completely with no replacement. Every scene she appears in there is instead just an awkward moment of silence as the camera looks at nothing.

I'm fairly certain Tobi/Odog's skeleton is new, unless they took it from Frontier.

They probably did frontier does have a few canine type monsters or it could just be a modified Zinogre skeleton.

It depends on the monster too. Some monsters like Bazel will aggro right away, or if it's in the middle of fighting another monster you can be dumped right into the crossfire.

Most of the time, though, it's just an inconvenience.

I like World a lot, but the biggest gripes are the decorations and lack of G-Rank. Tempered monsters don't really… give anything aside from random decos and the very tiny chance of dropping an augment stone for your weapon.

And also the fact that you can't replace the Handler with any of the Arena girls. Or any other guild girl.

Those REALLY look like trannies.

The 2nd and 4th but the 1st and 3rd don't look bad at all, especially ingame.

I actually love this one. I need this in my life.

What the fuck? Where are you getting that?

Yeah, worded it badly, sorry.

Didn't play Dogma yet. Did it have anything so hideous that they got away with charging people money to replace it with something attractive?

This is the best possible solution I think. I don't know why he's in the game in the first place, his every feature is handled by the quest board anyhow.

You should it's a great game even if it is half finished although play the PC version as the console versions were heavy gimped just to get them running, it's a shame capcom meddled with it's development and then officially killed the IP with a Japanese only free to play mmo.
Capcom seems to have a fetish for killing IP's lately.

I do plan to eventually.

Shit. Did the PC version get a physical release? It seems like most PC games that aren't porn only get digital releases these days.

Dogma has some Monster Hunter influences. And MH World takes a bit from Dogma which is probably why I still like World.

World is on the DD engine and uses many DD assets

yeah, World is shit for a lot of reasons, but the casualfags and the apologists and the shills will snub you relentlessly and just throw around "entitled" or "elitist" or other such buzzword strawman.

you played as gunner and got your shit smeared because you were too much of a retard to get out of the way, didn't you?

Gunner was perfectly viable in previous gens. You just fucking sucked.

Then counter it or fucking leave you pussy.

Dumb question:
Why 50 minutes? I looked around and found no logical explanation for it other than "Devs must've figured that was the PERFECT amount during development and playtesting". That doesn't quite satisfy my autism, so this and the "muh hunter serum lore" answers seem like kind of an ass pull.

There is no real reason for the time limit, and it is completely unnecessarily because most monsters die in 15 minutes if you have even basic understanding of the game.
Excluding some boring elder dragons from previous games like lao shang lung.

The reason the timelimit is there is so shitters can't use the base camp's bed to have infinite health by going back and forward for 5 hours.

But 50mins is already plenty for doing that. The whole timelimit is just pulled out of the devs' ass.

If you have a problem with it, do something about it. Also one post a thread is not spamming you fucking retard.

That's like saying the info in the OP is spamming every thread, you're beyond retarded. You didn't contradict shit.

I got that pic, thanks tho

I should have been more specific with my question:
Why 50 minutes instead of a full hour?

I found the 50 minute time limit somewhat constraining during the 2 monoblos urgent in MHFU last night.
Although I carted for the third time in the last 5 minutes of the hunt after using up 20 mega potions, I think I need to make some armour that isn't lr azure rath just so I can take hits without having to chug two megas

Still the same answer: just something they pulled out of their ass. There is no reasoning behind the decision.

Only reason I see it is so the clock isn't a full circle. But then that begs the question, why not 55? I wonder the same thing myself, why is it 50 and not some other number.

Gunners were ridiculously powerful in the past, what are you talking about?

Fuck now I have to listen to the song again

Are you just assuming it's the same post because it's the same images? Those keep getting posted because they hold true.

But it's not spam.

Playing Portable 3rd, I got to the Volcano and killed my first Rathian. I look at the quests available and it seems it more of the "Two Lagombi, two Rathian, two whatever", will these types of quests get more normal? I didn't really like the previous two hunt quests, the other guy always runs away at some point and it becomes a 1v1 and then you just find the other guy again.

Also, Barroth was the hardest fight for me yet, the mudslinging attacks was woeful and he kept taking me to areas with the rhinoplos (?) who started charging me out of the blue and fucked me up in unison.

Also, did I just make this game too easy modo now? By farming nulberries, I have over 300,000 gold, and I can make Potions, Mega Potions and Full Potions like snap however many I want, so always going 10x10x10 to any mission. Is this too much, should I artificially limit my potions?

don't forget you can bring parts for potions to be able to make 10x more and you can harbest more parts in the mission it self. so nah I wouldn't limit your self like that unless you're going for a hardcore start equipment run only

Nigga the same exact posts for over 6+months. I thought I would never say this but go outside and breathe. It's a fucking video game, fag.

Get yourself a legiana armor, except gloves and belt
Get a paolomu belt, and a tzitzi ya ku gloves
This should give you divine protection 3, evade distance 2 and evasion +5
Learn to iframe shit, it's faster than blocking and leaves you more time to attack

Also what is people's opinion on using the cats? I still haven't taken them on a single mission because I like solo play. I unlocked the cat cart missions on the farm, but my Lv. 4 cats keep bringing me back herb, dung and stone over and over… Is it even worth it to send these faggots on their journeys?

they bring you sinister cloths you can use to make a specific set of armor for yourself and the cat, so not terrible to do every now and then

Play the game however you want. I don't watch your stream but don't limit yourself solely on the fact that some turbo minmax autist ITT might call you names.

Yeah I'm no streamer or anything m8.

Okay, good to know. I'm playing the fan English patch, so 99% of the info books and screens are in nip nong, and I still haven't seeked out if there's proper translations elsewhere. Hell evne the cat scrap salesman has begun only talking in runes now.

Some people prefer not using cats because they draw monster attention at times. But those little fuckers can be useful at times, because they have all kinds of support skills.
God knows how many times they have saved me when I was just a beginner.
Also the cat missions bring some unique materials needed for some sets. But they aren't anything special if I remember correctly. But there really isn't any reason to not send them off either.

Cost of yukumo points? That's one for me. Depending on how people acquire points, on normal hunts I barely get any, I just figured out a good way is to do the first * unique mushroom quest and quickly gather 20 of them and one wyvern egg, and you get almost 3000 points. But feels like cheating.

tbh the healing cat is godlike for GL and L since most times you'd rather not get distracted by healing when taking petty damage
instead, you could give your cat the bomb and the bazelgeuse mace, and see him do some serious damage
but if you're confident in your dps skill, horn booster cat with the paralizing flower is your choice

I don't think there are fully translated version, unless someone did it recently, but I doubt. That partially translated has been around for ages.
Not like you need to read more than material names in MH.

I think high rank quests start giving a lot more points. I don't remember running out of the points in end game. But yeah, I guess in the start it can be a better choice to not send them off then.

Once you fully upgrade your farm you will start collecting points so you may as well spend it on something.

But as the unlocks to get seem to be determined by clearing a questline (urgent quest), doesn't that mean that once the ladt upgrade is done, the game is over already? Or do people just keep playing the bathhouse missions of higher levels after the mains quest is done?

Monster hunter is a game series that ends once you get tired of it and wait for next installment. A lot of the people play way more than just finishing all the quests.
You either continue because it is fun, or you start making all the possible sets because it is fun.
Also the multiplayer works on emulator through tunneling programs like hamachi and evolve.

Got it, thanks!

The game is never over until you deicide to quit.

wrong user, this at least sounds competent, I almost need them so the monsters cycle their targeting between us and I get some free shots

UUUUUUGGGGHHHHH

God she looks hideous even in Guildmarm's outfit.

No costume can fix that face
Or personality.

Her personality is nice. And she is cute when idle. Her ugliness comes from the facial animations imo. That is a game wide problem not just the handler.

I think she's obnoxious, easily excitable and puts herself and others in danger without thinking.

Is PSN fucking up for anyone else? It won't let me connect to the server.

But she cooks you food. She is practically your wife.

The felyne chefs cook me food. Doesn't mean he's my wife.

So do the Felynes, are they my wives to?

yes they are my wives

FUCKING MORMON FURRIES GET THE FUCK OF MY BOARD YOU FAGGETS

you're my wife now

Find me a vidya streaming website and I'll find you a tranny on the front page

hitbox

Anybody playing the older games online? Tried r/monsterhunter but mostly everyone gone to Hutreverse.

This is why we can't have nice thicc things

hitbox doesn't exist anymore, the domain name has been assimilated into Smashcast

The feleynes do it out of love for cooking she does it out of love for you. She's clearly into you, she either wants the dick or the superior yuri handholding

What does tranny faggot streamers have to do with Monster Hunter?

I'm playing world but i wanna play some more 3u and 4u.

No, she does it out of love for food. At Astera she sits at a table, taking up the whole thing with her books and empty/dirty dishes while she continuously stuffs her ugly gluttonous face.

When she rummages around your supply box while on a hunt she's probably looking for food too.

Would have to be very heavily modified. Odog/Tobi don't share any animations with Zinogre.

my favorite part of this post is
when ancient forest and wildspire have 4 camps, coral highlands and rotten vale have 2 and elders recess has 3. really sums up the post nicely.

the only hunt i ever timed out on is the dual black gravios in the swamp, but that was ages ago and when i was too stubborn/stupid to try bowguns.

Bullshit. Every time she talked I just wanted to punch her in the face.

There's a fair number of people playing 4U recently.

I'm convinced she's actually a demonic beast mimicking a human, summoned by Donte to spy on and possibly sabotage you as part of his ongoing campaign to ruin Capcom's franchises he's also responsible for all of the monsters in the game, which are not actual living beings but golems in the shape of MonHun monsters, hence why none of them bleed and instead just crumble into pieces of stone when struck Point being, I wouldn't eat anything she's touched, and thus never eat in the field kitchen. Also

I figured this was part of her sabotage work as well, though I've yet to figure out precisely what it is.

Fill the box with nothing but Foob™. Then drag her immobilized carcass to the beach and let the incoming tide take care of the rest.

what's even the point?

Actually, it does the opposite, since it's the only thing he says that's wrong other than being able to teleport at any time, which is still mostly true.

But then you can't carve it for parts to make new weapons out of.

Shelling ignores monster defenses and does set damage is my understanding, so it's good for harder hit zones. I can't get into Gunlance at all myself though, so take what I say on it with a grain of salt.

I want a divorce.

Just finished the last mission w/ two tempered bazelgeuses. I did everything solo. I thought the game was going to be hard.

Hm, looking through a few of MHF's dogs, they use Teostra's/Kushala's skeleton. I don't think MHW got them from there.

Ouch, I'm sorry for your disillusionment, at least I went in knowing it would be piss easy considering who they were marketing the game to, just not HOW piss easy.

Missed out on the monster hunter craze because I hate handhelds. MHW is going to be my first MH game.

Go download PPSSPP and emulate Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd.

We've been doing 4U rooms nightly rooms ~8pm central
Someone was doing 3rd a day or two ago
just post what you want to play, make a room, and hope for the best

trully your loss
theres ppsspp and the Wii U you could have played them with those

besides bitching about having a mini map that literally every monster hunter has had, or being wrong about stopping monsters from fleeing you mean. world is far from a perfect game but a majority of the whining in that post is false or pointless

Then blame Capcom for never releasing MH outside the PS ecosystem for a decade. I realise they were going for more users here and sexbox games tend to be easier for the kiddos, but the game really was not hard. However, my only other game was Tri, and that game felt hard half because the menu system was incredibly obtuse.

In my opinion, the mounting monsters system is overpowered. I can abuse that all day and I get free GS hits and break parts with the part breaker gem. I can cut off a tail in not much more than one full GS charge combo.

I beat the game in 80 hours. It's worth it. They didnt skimp on content for sure. A few times I thought the game was done, it wasnt.

still seems dull, think I'm going to drop FU for p3rd where it actually has a different moveset

He's complaining about the fact that once you see the monster or grab enough of the tracking things in the environment you have a free Autotracker forever, not the existence of the map.

He's not wrong about that at all, I've seen it happen myself. With very few exceptions, if a monster is in a hallway or other path, they will ignore you even if you're actively fucking them up and continue running to another area.

Having played most of the game, I'm going to say no, he's absolutely right about most of it.

What does that have to do with anything?

It's pretty ridiculous yeah.

It really, really isn't.

Bullshit. That's one of the most universal complaints about it.

I don't blame you, like I said, I can't get into it myself.

Most games, I get 4-8 hours of single player content. I got 80 here, and I zoomed through the game. I paid $60. My threshhold for 'value' games is less than $1 per hour played, and I met it.

Actually, the game is pretty good for a variety of reasons. reversing the trend started by Oblivion, MHW does not instance every fucking area like MH did for most games including Tri. I thought the scoutflies were stupid, so it's not perfect, but the game seemingly crescendoes twice before it reaches its real climax. I thought that was great. Yes there's no deviljho, but we did have a bunch of elder dragons. It's a shame they're all jokes besides -maybe- Teostra.

Tempered elders would have been great.

Am I a retarded or does Rathalos run all over the forest making the player follow him like a little bitch in heat? Seriously like 10 minutes of my hunts are just running around this fucker and he doesn't even drop the Ruby

Bring more flashpods

What kind of garbage games are you playing? Jesus.

But was it enjoyable? I got the game for free and still have buyer's remorse. It's just a fucking awful game.

You mean how instead of loading screen connections between areas, there's tunnels and shit now? That's actually one of my complaints, since it means you have a lot of dead zones and dead time that don't matter at all.

Paintball him and watch him carefully, sometimes he'll fly over an area into another. If you want more chances at shinies, knock him out of the air, either by gunning, Flash Bombing, or if you're playing 4/X, mounting him while he's in mid-air. Also make sure you're capturing him for the Ruby, it can't be carved.

paintballs were never fun. its funny considering it complains about running down path ways and then insists that loosing track of a monster and running around for 5 (or more) minutes is fun. unless of course you are mlg and just bring psychoserums, which are even easier amass than paintballs themselves. also you can use just about any of the dropped slinger ammo to stop monsters from fleeing zones. also challenger mantle. the only exception to this is when you have anjanath or bazel chasing you in tunnels where it is to small for it to even turn around.

i will agree in that fast travel needs to be nixed, eating at camp needs to be set in a small time limit so you dont have to reload just for forgetting to eat, access to your box needs to be nixed while bringing back the barrel cat to send mats back. monsters need more hp as a whole. they also need to separate village and guildquests again, as im starting to loose my shit over people whining about doing story quests online when they should have been solo only from the first place.

At least in this game monsters can travel to most areas. Other MHs didnt even need paintballs because they were only able to appear in like 2-3 instanced zones so finding them was trivial after facing them a few times.

I am playing MHW, I have no flashpods and rushed the quests and my box is shit

the endgame is nothing but tempered elders, what are you talking about. you unlock tempered elders at HR 50 after clearing the tempered kirin urgent and the last quest (that i know of) unlocks at HR 100

Oh I guess I thought the game was done. I just finished all the game quests after the two tempered bazelgeuses.

How do I get more quests?

still somewhat true. all the monsters have the few zones they hang out in the most while so far only anja and bazel seem to go where ever they want.

Raise your hunter rank.

Easiest way to do this?

Also, what do you guys think about the different armor sets? I am still using my king beetle chestpiece because I love two points of quick sheath. Mobility is king in this game.

at HR 49 you unlock a quest for a tempered kirin, and after that you will be able to find tempered elder dragon tracks while on expiditions. kushala in the forest, teo in the wastes, kirin in the highlands, vaal in the vale and nergi in the elders recess. i think you get a few optionals as well. the big thing that changes is being able to augment your gear, which makes up the end game of world. the HR 100 quest is a tempered teo, kushala and nergi.

the event quest hunt-a-thons are a good bet, or investigations that have you hunt multiple monsters.

Get to HR49 then do another quest. You
lll unlock a tempered Kirin quest. Then you really unlock your HR.

Currently there's an event quest out to hunt both Tempered Legiana and Tempered Pink Rathian. It gives bonus HR points. See if you can do that one.

If not, then just do hunts until it goes up.

Cherry Blossom? Easy, done it already. Just checked, my HR is 32.

Very good.

It's on MT Framework. Which is also the Resident Evil, Marvel vs Capcom, Devil May Cry, Lost Planet, and Dead Rising engine; almost every Capcom game uses the same engine. People keep posting this as if it's something it shares with Dragon's Dogma exclusively, without realizing Capcom makes almost every game on that engine. The Switch port of XX was ported to the same engine that World uses; and every MH game from Tri to the 3DS version of XX was made in MT Framework Mobile, the trimmed down version of the engine, too. It would be every bit as accurate to say "World is on the Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite engine".
see pic

it's male only btw

Yes. And?

good tastes tbh

You too.

no u

Opposite, it's always you chasing the monsters because they bolt after you whack them a few times.

Nightly 4U room is now open because yian garuga's bullshit was keeping me busy
22-9523-0833-6569

post more narga

Like this?

wherefore?

PAINFUL SEXUAL AROUSAL

is there just a point where you level up as a player in these games? I feel like I have weird bouts of skill increase depending on distance through the story.

Yeah it's called gitting gud. Despite World being the easiest entry you still need to learn to play.

I attributed it mostly to processing dodge times, and with armour upgrades getting punished less for each hit. Vitality mantle, and then rocksteady or applicable resistance, really breaks the usual playstyle. Elderseal as well turns some fights topsy turvy in your favour.

Is there any more like this? I think we should probably get a pastebin or something going for user evaluations of World to throw into the OP

What I think he means is it uses the heavily modified version DD uses, the original MT engine is stage based which means it only loads small chunks of a level at a time hence why older MH games have loading screens between each zone, this made it impossible to make open world games like DD so the DD team pretty much had to rewrite the entire engine which obviously played a role in the newer more openish worlds MHW uses.
If DD was never made MHW would most likely still be using the old zone by zone system.

Is that better than emulating 3rd on the Wii ?
The bloom in that game is buggy and it looks like dogshit. Still fun but my eyes hurt.

Portable 3rd is basically Tri with some returning older monsters, a few new monsters, and none of the swimming. Also, you get the traditional Felyne companions, instead of Chacha, and it's the first game to allow you to give different armor to the Felynes.
Freedom Unite doesn't play quite as well Tri, but it has every single monster that was ever created at the time. It was the largest MH ever, until 4U was released.

Okay I'm kind of in a tough spot.
So I finally made it to ??? Rathian and realize all of my best gear is made from rathian. But I need to hunt it and sort of built myself into a corner.
Basically what I'm asking is what's the most efficient strategy for hunting pink rathalos so I can most effectively get the parts to avoid being stuck in pukei-pukei purgatory?

I just made a set dedicated to dealing as much damage as possible. Using an elementless gem on a weapon with a hidden element, a bunch of attack up skills, agitator, weakness exploit, the food buffs then demon drugs/powders help a lot too. When I use the arena LS I am able to get 1122 raw damage whenever I get the swords bar to red, it feels incredibly wonderful to now kill monsters in record time.

Try using the plunderblade palico gadet or get help from randoms with SoS, also spam the fuckers with flashbombs as soon as they try to take to the air.
Good luck hunting your Pink Rathalos user

Can someone tell me why a lot of dialogue in XX's fan translation isn't translated? While I know official translations aren't typically the best, I would think they could at least start with the Generations dialogue and work from that. Is it some kind of technical issue?

They don't view it as important. They only bothered to translate quest names, item names, skill names, HA/Style descriptions, etc. Anything else doesn't matter to them.
The translations they actually did do are of questionable quality too. For example, for no clear reason, they (((localized))) some things to be references to random bands and songs that all just so happen to also be Stand names. They also had extremely liberal (((localizations))) for the deviants, though it's not like the official one was any better, and they had very inconsistent abbreviations for them. Some were abbreviated by removing vowels from their names (eg, Snwbrn, Hellbld), some were abbreviated by initializing the first word in their name and leaving the second whole (eg, D.tusk, S.wind), and others were abbreviated by just cutting off the word halfway through (eg, Dreadq). Then Deadeye wasn't abbreviated at all for some reason, and Divinesight was shortened to Dvsight, cutting out both vowels and consonants from the first word, but leaving the second whole. This inconsistency ruffles up my autism and is not something that would be tolerated in an even somewhat professional translation, especially because most of them actually didn't even need to be abbreviated.

Someone at half chan keeps posting this:

Deviljho is coming out March 9th.
Lunastra and Oroshi are part of the spring update as well.
There will be balance changes for older weapons, and "new" weapons added that aren't part of the Jho/Luna/Oroshi pack.
Alatreon is coming in the summer title set for July.
The pack will include Shaggy with the title update monster headliner being Zinogre. The Zinogre trailer will drop in April.
There will be a Shonen Jump crossover with Black Clover in May.
There will be a God of War crossover for Sony PS4 in June.
In May there will be a full Elder hunting Luna/Teo/Kushala/Kirin/Nerg.
In September there will also be the first release of a new map called the Shimmering Lagoon. It's half jungle and half lagoon with a series of caves connecting a hidden second lagoon. Plesioth, a new world subspecies of Royal Ludroth, a new world subspecies of Barioth, a new fanged wyvern based on a crocodile, and Chameleos.

…Who/what do they mean by 'Shaggy'?

Possibly Shagaru Magala, but I can't see him being there without Gore at least.

is there anything suggesting this will actually be the case?

4U room is now open for hunts
35-2316-1985-7916

The March 9th Deviljho rumor comes from a suspicious event quest scheduled for the week of the 9th (pic related).

The other rumors about new monsters comes from a Chinese "leak" on twitter without any sources.

Yeah I was all gung ho for World at first, but it gets pretty boring about halfway through high rank.

If you want to farm monsters, you need investigations, which means tracking down the monster and building up it's research level, you usually unlock an investigation by killing small monsters or breaking a part off a monster during an expedition. You unlock tempered monsters by checking blue tracks.

Now if you want to farm monsters, you NEED investigations, they give extra random parts at the end and the quest rewards tend to be huge amounts of shit. Problem is investigations are random, you might even break a part off a Bezelguese and instead get a Diablos investigation because he happened to be in the area.

On top of that expedition monsters, once High Rank becomes available, randomize, so if you want to go for a certain monster to make a high rank weapon that actually fits your armor abilities you're fucked unless you get lucky. Blast builds are fucking hard to pull together because of this, since it requires that you to fuck up either Bezelguese or Zorah, Dodogama's easy to get but has few weapon trees
Zorah despite being a semi random event is actually EASIER to farm then Bezelguese in regards to quest frequency.

The RNG demon switched from material drops to actually getting the quest you want.

This is why the game becomes boring. Once you hit the High Ranks, the structure of the game collapses into a clusterfuck, monsters venture out of their habitats all the time, and knowledge you used to track monsters in one area doesn't apply to another area. In Low Rank, you'd know where Barroth and Jyura's hangouts were, and they have special animations based on where they are, the good little touches, but all that shit's tossed out the window in High Rank.

Also Rathian's a fucking whore in this game. Currently the ones who default to her nest when hurt or the nests she hangs out in are Rathalos, Legiana, Bezelguese, Nergigante and Pink Rathian

Maybe it's actually Pink's nest, and she's the whore.

If it is, she's the lesbian, not the whore, because regular Rathian fucking shows up in EVERY AREA. Rathian swiggty swootys for that booty, Pinky's just lazy.

But she's pink so that makes her pure. Green sluts go home.

Pink skin to match her fucking gaping whore vagina

Pink is the color of girly bimbos. That's almost as far from pure as can be.

Alright Anons, I’m looking to broaden my horizons and put down my Lance for a Hammer. Whats the best Hammer and armor set for Hammer in World?

Bazelreid Rookslayer
Diablos for KO, Bazel for earplugs and (I think) unflinching, or Xeno for slots and OP health regen

Much appreciated, user. Once I finish hunting Giga Nigga for one more horn I’m off to hunt Basil for those materials.

Well, I’ve been had. That’s a Hunting Horn, user, not a Hammer.

Even just doing the Free quests instead of Investigations you end up drowning in rare drops. The real RNG cancer is Decorations. Ultimately though, the real problem is the monsters offer no real interesting challenge and are basically just giant sandbags that barely fight back and just spend most of their time running away to draw out the fight. It's just a fucking boring game from start to finish.

You can get investigations by doing the optional quests. Just do an optional quest a handful of times while collecting tracks and you're practically guaranteed enough investigations to farm whatever you are looking for. The only time the investigation system becomes a pain in the ass is when you're looking for tempered elder dragons.

Not necessarily true. Shageru Miyamoto is the true form of Gore. One does not require the presence of the other.

I've had no problems farming for materials in high rank without investigations. Through either optional quests or even expeditions. To get Odogaron's full set I just beat him up a few times on expeditions. Captured him a few times, killed him a few times. Investigations help with materials, sure, but for the most part they're not necessary. And you gather up a shitton of investigations while hunting the monsters in expeditions or optional quests.

The only shit RNG is Decorations and Tempered Elder Investigations (which includes both Decorations and Streamstones, and all that are endgame stuff).

OH FUCK OH FUCK

kek

I…just wanted a battle dress.

it's interesting how my obvious autismposting really hasn't done anything to the thread