Blacklist

One of my friends said this was really good, but that friend also doesn’t have terribly good taste in vidya. Is it worth playing? What other Splinter Cell games are worth playing while we’re at it?

1, CT, and PD. DA if you have the original Xbox version. The others are ass. Fuck Ubisoft.

Isn't that the one that simply had you mark targets then had the game do instant killing for you?

Yes

I'm not a huge fan of the series despite beating all of them, but Blacklist is my favourite in terms of gameplay. The loadouts you can opt into have a nice spread of adaptability, where you can choose to play the game a bit more overtly (without becoming a bullet sponge), making it feel more like Rainbow Six.

The co op play is really good stuff. Pirate it if you can, play it with that friend of yours.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Conviction. I don't think Blacklist had that shit.

Not Blacklist, you even said your faggot friend has shit taste in vidya.

Play Pandora Tomorrow on OG Xbox, Chaos Theory on PC, then Double Agent on OG Xbox.

Your friend probably hasn't played the older ones. The first one, Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory are great. After that it becomes shit.
Blacklist was "okay" if you play it on the highest difficulty and try to ghost everything with most of the handholding off.

Don't go in expecting Splinter Cell though. Ironside isn't Sam, Sam looks like he went through a timemachine and lost 20 years and redhead chick who's name I always forget looks like a huge cunt with a manjaw. You also have Contravious Kang butting into the story trying to be helpful, but only managing to look like a douchebag.
They should have just gotten a new recruit or some shit and have Fisher step in as a mentor or some shit. Would have made for a better story than what we got instead.

Blacklist does have it

You may be right. I played one of those newer splinter cells and the 'press button to kill everyone' blew my fucking mind with how stupid it was

Well actually it disables it on the highest difficulty setting.

Sage for double post.

Don't even remember there being difficulty settings.

I never played Co-op or multiplayer in a SC game. Might be fun if you can get your friend to play it with you.

Well check again nigger

Yeah, its true that co op improves even shitty games. I understand that the co op campaigns in the first three games were fun.

Blacklist is fun.

While it wasn't as bad as what came afterward, it was still near complete garbage.

Bad enough that version already had inexcusable performance issues but the fact they knowingly removed it ensured I wouldn't pick it up for my PS3

Shit game. Play Chaos Theory and Hitman 2016 instead.

I didn't buy hitman because of the whole always online controversy. Did they remove that shit?

Denuvo and always-online was removed, price was dropped and updates plentiful.
Pure coincidence that happened within a week of IO Interactive buying their way out of SE's contract.

Oh, should add:
It's a good Hitman game and you will have lots of fun.
The downside is the time-locked shit at some points, like special weapons unlocked by performing one-off missions.

I think crackers, Voski if I recall correctly, managed to get a way to either give you the items or reset the mission status, but I may be remembering wrong and will happily get corrected on that.

Its somewhat fun when you go full Panther (lethal stealth). Still shit and a massive letdown to the series.

The first game is good, has some forced combat/discovery sections. PD is a bit more casual but is just as good. Chaos Theory is the best hands down and easily one of the best stealth games. DA for 360/PS3/PC gets a lot of hate but I liked it when I was a casual kiddie but the XBAWX version is better, but not performance wise. You're all set after that, the series should have ended with DA.

Pleb

Better then the two previous ones, but still a far cry form CT and PT.
Play it if you want shallow stelath with the option to rambo your way trough, but honestly, it's not even worth 5 bucks if you can get the better games for the same amount or just pirate it and see if you manage to play past the first level, since everything plays pretty much the same in it

not a thing.
Elusive targets only give you suits, and you got a coin reskin based on your performance after the first series of ET.

Was it Chaos Theory or Pandora Tomorrow that had the mercs versus ninjas multiplayer? That kicked ass.

Sam Fisher's goggles are still stupid looking though.

Chaos Theory was the earlier of those two and has Mercs vs Spies.
Pandora Tomorrow, I think had a co-op mode as well as Mercs vs Spies, with a few gameplay/map fixes that they couldn't do for Chaos Theory.

Pandora tomorrow was the 2nd splinter cell game

It's not complete dogshit, it's just mediocre. It's actually a stealth game if you play it on the highest difficulty, which is more than I can say for Conviction.
For the proper experience, play Chaos Theory, then Double Agent (either version, preferably both), and then this one to see exactly what I mean.