Good Console and Games Recommendation

I have recently stumbled upon a shit ton of money and am interested in getting a console to play games on my new 4K tv. Please shill me a console and vidya to play. I am currently looking at either getting an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro with Monster Hunter World and depending on the console I get maybe some other games like Bloodborne and Shadow of the Collosus if I get the PS4 Pro. Honestly, I have so much money I can afford both but I don't wanna waste my time playing games that suck or using a console that sucks. So I'm wondering if there's any good Xbone Exclusives that might be worth it. (PS: I already own a top of the line gaming PC and have a great PC setup currently and am enjoying some fine Escape From Tarkov and several other good PC games. This thread should not be shilling me on PC games/hardware but rather comfy console game systems and games I can play on my couch and brand new 4K TV. Thank you.)

This thread is unsettling on so many levels. How about you do some research based upon your own personal tastes and settle on something you'd like over the mass consensus of people who generally despise consoles

He has to make those 10 cents.

Pretty sure I'm going with the PS4 but mind letting me know if there's anything similar to Bloodborne, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear, and Monster Hunter World I should be looking at?

Nevermind, it's a bot.

I'm tired of being bamboozled

I'm not a bot but whatever thanks I guess

Quads confirm that I should just tell you to build a PC and hook it up to the TV

Guess that's always an option too then. Might just do that and emulate some old shit too

reported for console wars

He's a quads bot who's learning to communicate with people.

Then buy a Sega Saturn.

Similar in what way?

well i had started getting into the metal gear series so I'm still wondering if I can play the old MGS games well on the PS4 Pro or is there some gay shit like backward compatibility missing idk I'm not really familiar with consoles. haven't used one in like ten years

I just know Monster Hunter looks cool so I'm gonna try that out.

Posting in a bait thread, let's see if I can get digits

I'm officially triggered.

If you're a Monster Hunter fan it's shit. It's more like Elder Scrolls 6 than Monster Hunter 5

neck yourself

Yeah, the PS4 is not backwards-compatible. I'm sure you could play MGS1 virtually, but you should be looking at the PS3 for the Metal Gear Legacy Collection if you want to play the rest of the series in a single package. If you're interested in the SotC remake for whatever reason you might also look at The Last Guardian, which is exclusive to the PS4, but again it's probably a better idea to check out the Team Ico Collection on PS3 since that will let you play both SotC and Ico.

Even then as said you could build a mid-end PC for emulation for a similar price and play the entire Metal Gear series with the exception of MGS4 (for now) as well as Team Ico's games and a slew of Monster Hunter titles, and generally have more open options after the fact than you would with a PS4.

The games I get the most playtime out of on PS4 (besides Bloodborne) are Nex Machina and the Wipeout collection, but those aren't really similar to the ones you're looking at. There's also the possibility that you'd enjoy the new Yakuza games, but I believe those are on PS3 as well.

That's extremely annoying but thanks for the info

Not if I get them first

Why?

get an n64 or a ps1.