Vidya Fan Movies

Papers,Please got one recently, and although most vidya-to-movie adaptions are garbage, at least you can tell yourself that a limited budget and amateur actors are the chief cause when it comes to fan-made flicks.

Linking the YouTube version because Hooktube doesn't have a subtitle function.

Didn't the fallout fan series (forget the name) also do a movie too? Also do OVAs count? I liked the Gravity Daze/Rush OVA and how they kept in the ingame pseuo-language.

I’ll tell you what I told the other user. Does this look like a movie board to you?

It's certainly more vidya-related than the fucking webm thread. Not that the latter is difficult.

You mean the thread that has provided board OC content for 2+ years?
Yeah, fuck that shit.
Dubs

I remember some STALKER thread a while back where some user posted a short fan film, they may or may not have been the one who actually made it I can't remember. It involved some autist in a gas mask wandering around the woods and finally coming upon an artifact that just looked like a piece of quartz or something. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

The only Stalker fan film I remember was (a German?) one where a girl and a boy are trying to find some kind of medicine or whatnot and one of them promptly dies halfway in.

Neither short, nor a fan film in the strictest sense, but I still recommend it.

Yeah and the other anons on that thread were telling you that films adapted from vidya are obviously vidya related, are you really this dense?

Don't forget how most "OC" are just youtube rips and music with a picture slapped on it. Webm making in general is down a fuck ton since this hooktube shit was become prevalent. People used to rightly attack lazy faggots that posted embeds instead of webms, but now because of hooktube all of a sudden this shit is not just tolerated but fucking encouraged.

Are you talking about that autistic MLP fan fiction? It got several fan movies.

The Papers, Please project was a fan project? I thought they contacted Lucas Pope about that.

At least I thought it was. Randomly stumbled upon it on YouTube, more or less.

It premiered at the Trekhgorka House of Culture in Russia, so they had to have at the very least gotten permission from Pope for it.

I liked this fan film

you just described every STALKER fan film ever. the only good ones are those shitty SFM ones about the Bandits

Hooktube is duckduckgo of youtube.

Check the catalog first next time.

What does that mean ?

That it just uses google's products while adding an additional layer of data interception. There is no point in using hooktube, other than to feed watch history to a third-party site. I don't know why people jumped on implementing it here, but shills and the ignorant are likely to blame.

I use youtube-dl but I guess people who don't know how to use that can use hooktube to download

Since I haven't played the game, was that one possible outcome or an ending? I don't mind spoilers so, was the "wife" carrying a bomb or what?

The fucking GG threads make more OC than the webm threads.

They've posted the same 500~ webms over and over since 2014.

Draw threads produce more viable content now that hooktube has spread it's cancer. Especially because of how inefficient it is in making webm, hooktube is only good for finding deleted content from youtube anyways.

:^)

youtube-dl is easy as hell to use. Anons have no excuse in not using it. If you just want a personal copy it is literally just copy and pasting the URL and it's documentation is pretty damn straight forward. Hell there are even extensions like Watch/Play with MPV that reduce the procedure into just right clicking. Fuck this hooktube bullshit. As an user said earlier in this thread the only use of hooktube is viewing deleted videos, for any other purpose it is retarded as fuck. Fuck the faggots that push this shit instead of proper webm posting.

AYYYYYYYYY LMAO FELLOW STALKER

It's really just lazy niggers who don't want to get into webms, yet require a quick and easy way to post videos while still thinking they're fighting the system.

There was this no-profit movie of MGS called Philanthropy made by a bunch of Italians which was pretty good. Kojima himself watched it and endorsed it. They were going to make a sequel of it and released a trailer which also looked rad as fuck but guess what, Konami threatened to sue and they had to can the project.

There was a KF one but it wasn't uh,wasn't great.

Is this bait or are there really people this delusional about the state of webm threads ? I'm genuinely concerned.

Holy shit I forgot about this one. It was one of the first fan films Ive seen and I remember being so impressed with it when I was a teen.

no google scripts, no views given, bypass country restrictions, viewing deleted videos
really makes me think