Are there any good vidya with an Irish/Scottish setting?

are there any good vidya with an Irish/Scottish setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

spiderwebsoftware.com/nethergate/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Folklore is the only one that immediately comes to mind.

I thought the same, but when I played it recently I realized that it hadn't aged terribly well. The art direction and atmosphere were still great though.

B-but I thought that games didn't age! Anons told me so.

Ellen a cute.
Also Folkore was pretty underrated

There is that one level in TimeSplitters:FP that's set in Scotland.

Brytenwalda

Bard's Tale amd Mabinogi (uses lore from the Mabinogion and other local mythology)

gimme music

One day user.One day.

You fuckers slipped into illiteracy after the romans left and had to be educated by the Irish, you dumb shit. Also, how's that paki dick taste?

Bin that knife m8

Oh you're just sore over the rugby result.

These fuckers are about the first people I've ever seen on youtube.

Nethergate, an excellent classic RPG set during the Roman (you can play as them, too) invasion of Scotland, with fairies, fomorians, and other mythical folk. Original version came out in the '90s, and is now available free here:
spiderwebsoftware.com/nethergate/index.html
The author is still in business, and regularly issues updates of all his games to maintain compatibility with modern systems.

Why is that Roman fighting Guy Fierri?

Why is it on sale on Steam then?

All this butthurt.

Like I said, new version for new systems. This free one is the old version, which also uses a different engine than the new one.

No idea if that's what you're asking for, but in the first Broken Sword game you visit a fictitious Irish village named Lochmarne.

Undying has a little of this. The Irish mythical themes are pretty subdued outside the monastery segment, though, in favor of a focus on other (mostly Lovecraftian) supernatural themes.

Is the new one worth playing?

Nah, the niggers of Angleland are the Welsh.

It's pretty the same as the old game, with a few small differences like an automap, but it'll work natively in 64-bit Windoze & 80x86 OSuX.

You go to Scotland in the forth Uncharted, other than that I can't think of any games in Scotland.

Cornwall has Aphex Twin so they're okay in my book.

You might want to look forward to that new Irish Country Management Sim, you'll be importing 40 million immigrants by 2040!

Doolin is a real town, by the way. It looks nothing like it does in Folklore, though.

Isn't it England shoving in immigrants, not Ireland?

That looks comfy as fuck.
t. ameriburger plagued by civilization