NuDOOM

Is nuDOOM worth pirating or is it shit through and through?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=kjIVkl34Vig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WTF is with the unrelated pictures?

they are from H-DOOM which is probably the better DOOM game, but all the same, I'm curious.

It's okay, just "okay" not great or revolutionary, and 2 years after it came out, still no great mods or how you can bypass the retarded memory limitations because Bethesda and the retards left at Id Software thinks their map editors that fucking limits what you can do will attract the Doom modders to that barebones game.

garbage with flaccid gunplay and snails pace movement, I could barely make it through the first level without feeling crushing boredom
some bethesda shills here will try and convince you it's not trash though

Its great if you ignore Holla Forums.

worth a pirate or one playthrough, it's not irredeemable garbage and the arcade mode is pretty fun, probably better than the real campaign. It's a violent romp, You can probably get a kick out of it but if you want the classic experience just install more WADs

This.
Just don't buy it. Worth a pirate for sure.

Why ask people if a game is worth pirating? Pirate it and find out for yourself. If you don't like it then delete it. Don't ask other people to feed you there opinions on if you should like something or not.

some people have third world internet that doesn't let them download over a certain gig per month

Okay I agree that the first half of the game sucks balls its like every other modern shooter but when you end up in hell it feels like old doom.
Still you shouldnt have to sit through babbys first fps to get there, so yes it sucks with untapped potential

pretty sure you're looking at 50+ GB either way. The game is padded to hell and back

I know, I played it. The padding shows especially when the arcade mode is vastly superior the actual campaign since it strips out a lot of fat

time is precious, and to me the game looks so so, so sometimes I'll ask to either push me over the edge and waste the time on it, or ignore it. For instance, an user pushed me over the edge to finally try Prey RIP Prey 2 and I was extremely surprised with how much fun I had with it.

I'll probably put nuDOOM on the backlog from this threads response though, sounds like a game to play when there's nothing else to play.

I had an enjoyable time playing it,like a 7.5 out of ten
also doom monster girls with human faces are shit,full demon or go home.

The movement in itself isn't that slow but overall gameplay is slowed down by glory kill animations.

No

It might have been better if they actually encouraged you to play like embed related. I feel like some kind of Nioh-ish style switch system would work well with switching weapons constantly.

Can you disable scripted melee kills? There is no excuse for such a goddawful feature, and in Doom of all places.

That doesn't really look like one. What is this, HDoom?

Yes and it's bad,don't pay it any attention.

It's more enjoyable than both classic vanilla Doom games.

It's not particularly notable or great, it is completely average and forgettable. That isn't worth a pirate when you can find something better, if you want in on the Mods then nuDoom should never even be on your "to play list".

That or they're on a SSD. I can think of way better uses of 50GB.

I've been tempted to just to see how it actually works. The concept alone seems silly.

I mean it's not bad if you wanna fuck uguu faced monster girls,but for the true connesueir,a good thing has still yet to be made

Tell me this, Holla Forums.
Demongirls
Or girl demons?

The latter naturally.

Finally a man who understands my struggle. They should still look like the monsters… But, lewd.

There's a thread in a certain place for the people like us,it's called the "nightmare waifu thread"
see if you can find it.

The only one I found was limited /aco/, is this the promised land?

Yes,for it is a like minded place of people who wish to have sex and relationships with things that would give most people nightmares and frights.

Actually saw some things I hadn't seen before, thanks for the directions, user.

No problem my man,remember,everything deserves a dicking,no matter how frightening

She's cute.

Sure,but not all of em have such cute faces,remember that,a sentient tentacle worm with only a suction cup of sharp teeth for a mouth wants your seed too.

Even Hillary Clinton?

I said frightening and monsters,not evil.

Not sure!

OK now I'm curious.

As long as I can cuddle and tenderly love her, I'm all for it.

Yeah meandraco is actually making a game based on designs like that,most of em so far are a bit too humanoid for my liking,hopefully the rest of the game gets freaker

Considering you know of meandraco, I assume you were actually talking about this exact image when you said "sentient tentacle worm with only a suction cup of sharp teeth for a mouth".

Maybe subconsciously

I'm glad y'all are bonding and all, but can you fuck off to /monster/ or wherever the hell this shit belongs?

Monster doesn't actually accept this shit,i tried before.

Have you ever played Doom and thought "I wish this game had the compass from Skyrim; progression systems out the ass; grenades that work the way they do in Call of Duty, except with cooldown timers from World of Warcraft; a dubstep soundtrack; arrow in the knee references; and the dance from Gangnam Style"? If you have, then boy Todd Howard has a game for you.

It's fun, with complex levels and satisfying enemies and action.

it's worth if you want denuvo to kill your hdd

Oh my god it's basically Doom Gal*Gun with way too much work put into it, this is hilarious.

It's /xen/ material, maybe /fur/.

If you're looking for a fast pace shooter then yeah it's pretty fun.

You know they removed Denuvo from it a long time ago, right?

It's mindless shoot em up blood and guts fun. Kind of reminds me of the first time I played Duke Nukem 3D. Worth a download, but probably not a buy.

It's alright. It's very loosely related to the classic Doom games but it's pretty fun in its own right. Not worth a buy but worth the pirate bandwidth, especially if you use a repack.

It’s good, but it’s not worth 50GB

I liked it, you can even disable the stupid glow when enemies are low on health and other annoying stuff

You know that it's spoofed and not actually removed, right? Cracked shit does not remove DRM, it fools it into thinking you're legit.

Nah it's be /xen/, they have a thread up for this stuff.

I played the game at a friend's house. It's nothing special. Not awful but it's not a game you'd replay.

It's nowhere near as good or as terrible as people say. Pirate it if you can't think of anything else to play, but don't expect anything spectacular.

You can, but they restore health and make you invincible for the animation's duration, so you lose out for disabling them. You can also find a passive buff that speeds up the animations, but it's really just a band-aid and doesn't fix how repetitive the animations become.

There never will be. They programmed it wrong on purpose, but not as a joke.

I'm bleeding,making me the victor

Bethesda allows the whoring of their shit GaymeByro Engine but not the id Tech 6 which is used only by shitty mediocre games.

I've mentioned /fur/ because as far as I know they are much more inclusive than /monster/ for that kind of stuff.

/fur/ is more of a general anthro type of place though, /xen/ is more specified.

Anyone who types it in all caps is a faggot.

Holla Forums hates it cause Holla Forums hates everything that isnt the Original, but its actually a great game. It's not as technical or varied as NuWolfenstein BUT it's definitely a ton of fun and the soundtrack is 11/10, rejuvenated the Industrial Metal Genre.

The only downside I can think of is that it's pretty short. You can finish the whole game in about 5 hours without trying too hard. It's about as long as 1 and a half OG DooM chapters.

The Story (if you pay attention to it) is actually pretty cool. Like you can straight up ignore it and the game was designed around that, and the "LORE" kinda assumes you're doing that. Reading the stories of the Doomslayer is hilarious.

What in the absolute fuck did he mean by this?
I remember all those cool bits where I was locked in Hayden's Office where I had to wait for him to finish talking in order to progress or when I was locked in front of Olivia waiting for the story to progress, all while I was ignoring it

I've played NuDoom. It's pretty average. Had it been released without the Doom name and enemy design it would have been forgotten in a month.

It was forgotten about in two instead.

It's a fun game.

perhaps /vp/ ?
also nudoom is one of those things only fun with mods

/vp/ is only for vidya characters.

Speaking of /vp/, did you ever dump all those FROG stills you made years ago on there?

I don't know about OP, but I just played through once and couldn't bring myself to even keep playing past the second stage again. It's too slow, the level design feels weird with it being built around arenas that aren't halfway as creative as something like Doom 2 In Name Only, the glory kill shit is ploddy and slows the game down further. The final boss fight was pretty cool though. Had the only excuse for excessive electronica in the soundtrack.

It's not terrible, but it overuses electronic sounds way too much and comes off as edgelordy pretty frequently. I'd rather have speed metal and would've been more appropriate for Doom.

If you could just walk out on him or shoot him and continue fighting then it would've been great.

GIVE HIM BACK HIS BLINS

I know, I've been on /xen/ for years.

There's also /rule34/ and /mascot/.

OK but after you finished the default doom 1 and 2 levels you were still able to play .wads that modified the base game from just weapons swaps and memes to complete megawads and overhauls, with their own narrative.

nuDoom has none of that. shitty phoned in shovelware multiplayer that looks like Halo, and SnapMap is a shitty excuse of a map editor with hard caps on literally everything because the "engine cant handel it XD"

tl;dr Gb2 Reddit kiddo

/mascot/ is Korean and 90% homosex.
Don't know about /rule34/ as most weird xeno art is of an OC rather than being from somewhere.

It's too late, they were eaten.

The multiplayer doesn't just look like Halo, it plays like a worse version of it. When I played it I felt like I was playing a well made Halo 2 mod.

I don't know man, if I heard embed related with no context I don't think I would ever place it as a final boss theme. As in final. The big fucking climax. Instead you get a theme less intense and less inspired than other themes such as BFG Division or Rip & Tear which play during the larger fights against the regular demons, and is honestly a giant fucking letdown. There's nothing climactic about Mastermind other than maybe its intro.

One thing I'll say is that nuDoom has the least worst boss fights in the entire FPS genre because they actually challenge your movement somewhat and aren't puzzle bosses which don't challenge you on your skills you have learned throughout the game. Seriously, think about it, from a gameplay point of view it's fucking embarrassing that nobody managed to come close to making a decent FPS boss fight until nuID (unless you count the Metroid Prime games which are so far removed from traditional first-person shooters to begin with).

What about Serious Sam TSE?

Shadow Warrior 2013 didn't do it bad. Skulldash (doom mod) also has pretty solid boss fights.

I almost fell for your bait. 8/10

NuDOOM is a prime example of how the AAA is extremely safe. It won't even have proper metal music in the soundtrack.

Titanfall 2 had some decent bosses

also what the following anons said

I think the main issue I had with the soundtrack was their approach to metal. The original Doom had a kick-ass metal soundtrack that was made to bang your head to, with the occasional atmospheric track to balance things between kick-ass and scary. It was 90's as fuck, it was unabashedly metal and it inevitably got stuck in my head. nuDoom's problem is that it tried metal, but went for a more industrial format with it, but as a result none of the tracks were catchy enough to even remember. What I think it should have done was have the soundtrack be rockin' as hell, just like the original, with more catchy songs and modern instruments to make it all the better, instead of being this Cawadooty-ass dubstep garbage that Mike Gordon shat out. Now contrast this to embed and spoiler related, a music video by Miracle of Sound set to nuDoom gameplay. To its credit, nuDoom had some interesting ideas with the eerie choir to go with the Hell levels, which would have been a cool supplement to a good metal soundtrack, but because it's all AAA garbage it's not even worth it.
hooktube.com/watch?v=kjIVkl34Vig

Worth pirating so you can tell people why it sucks. The game doesn't get you pumped up or anything like Doom does, it's honestly a better game to play to wind down before bed.

Because running around from one locked-in arena to the next feels exactly like old doom.

Play it once on Nightmare and then forget all about it, it's mediocre as all Hell

Of course it was 90's as fuck. Doom's soundtrack was a boldfaced copy of popular music at the time. The scoreboard music is outright copied from Pantera. You can't do that shit anymore unless you bring in a bunch of metal bands to collaborate for the album. Which still is no excuse considering how much money Bethesda has to throw around, but at least I can see some asshole producer going "oh no that would be too much of a bother".
I insist that they should've gone with something like speed metal or even fucking some dirty ass thrash if they really wanted to force that bad "levels are just arenas" design philosophy.

In Serious Sam they kinda managed to work by making them summoner-type bosses who constantly spawn in new enemies until killed, which fits in with the rest of the gameplay where you shoot loads of enemies at once (the wind god and final boss come to mind). Serious Sam is a game all about crowd control, so a single big enemy wouldn't utilize your weapon arsenal all that well, which is also what nuDoom suffers from. Unfortunately the bosses in SS do not do much beyond summoning or teleporting around, so at most I'd call them functional. There's stuff like the Ugh-Zan fight in TFE which mostly revolves around running around jumping into flying rings for some reason and shooting the boss while its shield is down, which is very unlike the rest of the game (incidentally, the final boss in Wolfenstein: The New Order would essentially rip this one off). Ugh-Zan in BFE is very cool from a presentation standpoint since you just got a jetpack and there's enemies all around you, but jetpacks and throwing spears into the backs of giant bosses to get thunder to strike them is a bit unlike the rest of the game, especially since the jetpack allows you to avoid everything on the ground.

It wouldn't be so bad if each boss wasn't a variation on 'shoot the vulnerable armor piece and then shoot the core to deal damage before the armor regenerates'. Which was a long and slow process, and you'd always use the charged crossbow for it because every other gun in your arsenal sucked (for the current situation), and you never got to use the sword on the giants either. The only boss fight where your sword was actually viable because of your opponent not being the size of fucking Australia was the fight against Zilla, which was fucking terrible because you stood around waiting 10 seconds for him to teleport behind you after which you could spam slashes at him. Which was then recycled twice.

They're alright until you realize they're really just multiplayer bots in disguise placed in some cool setpiece backgrounds.

nuDoom just copied Ys and it actually managed to somewhat work. Take a look at the nuDoom Cyberdemon fight in the Pictimos fight in Ys Origin and note the similarities.

Boss fights in NuDoom are fucking trash, the worst part of the game actually.

On Nightmare it does
Except you have to Kill move faggots inbetween which just kills the action.
Arenas are also fucking shit, I want to keep moving forwards and find lots of enemies, not fight 1 or 2 enemies and then fight on an arena.

The glory kill system is pants on head retarded, instead of scattering more pick-ups around, their main idea for healing is to let you watch the same scripted melee animations over and over and over until you've seen it a thousand times and decide to play a real game and not a movie.

What pisses me ven more is that the melee is so fucking shit that even if you shoot a Imp in the fucking face point blank with the Combat Shotgun, which it not being a insta kill is already a problem in of itself, you'll need to hit it 3 to 4 times to get the Takedown.
The level designers obviously didn't know how to do it.
Some pickups literally respawn in the same place.

The chainsaw got fucked too, wow more scripted animations…BUT WAIT, now you get to scrounge for gasoline to watch the animations, Shadow Warrior 2 let you have full locomotion of the chainsaw and let you saw people apart in whatever angle you aim at.

I remember them saying it was going to be different than on click kills.
And then it was one click kills

No, bethesda actually removed denuvo from the game. Not that it's worth getting anyway

I wouldn't go that far what with all the walking simulator sections peppered around the game. The problem with them is that they're too easy because of how they drop loads of health/ammo if you remove a chunk of their health, and that the BFG allows you to interrupt bosses from doing some more dangerous attacks on top of getting free damage in with the press of a button, which is fucking lame. That, and dealing damage is mostly a matter of repeatedly shooting the gauss rifle and rocket launcher at them because they're the most powerful weapons in the game. Weapon switching? What's that? The first phase of both the Cyberdemon and Hell Guard fights are very fucking lame too.

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because the attacks the bosses throw at you in this game actually require some measure of dodging which extends beyond simple circlestrafing. Such as the projectiles the Cyberdemon will shoot at you in his second phase which intentionally moves low above the ground, while he follows that one up with the same projectile but with a higher elevation, punishing you if you stay in the air for too long. On top of that, these projectiles are especially wide in size to make strafing to the side a less viable option compared to jumping over it, which becomes especially apparent when he performs his earth pillar rising attacks which restricts your horizontal movement and forces you to jump.

Now, that's very basic stuff, and a designer worth his salt would have also spruced up the attack pattern to have the cyberdemon either fire two low wides which need to be double-jumped over, though if you read the elevation of the second projectile wrong, you'd end up double-jumping into a high wide. Missed opportunity there, the game doesn't quite challenge you on your jumping that tightly, even though I wished these boss attacks happened during normal fights as well. However, to actually test you on your movement instead of resorting to circlestrafefests, puzzle bosses, bullet sponges or helicopter fights, is a big fucking step for the first-person shooter genre which is completely devoid of a good boss fight, something which not even the original Masters of Doom could almost do right, not even with Quake. And as it turned out, all you had to do was copy Ys, a series of games with ridiculously basic movesets which managed to accomplish a whole lot with little.

Some more possible plagiarism, the Spider Mastermind final boss in nuDoom also uses an identical 'spawn platforms and jump on them before the floor turns to lava' like the final boss in Oath in Felghana with its rising ice platforms.

You mean WubWubDoom?
Fuck off Todd.

They're also slow as shit

It stinks and I don't like it. I feel worse for having heard it.

Where can I get this H-DOOM thing?

Unrelated but by including a classic painting in your post does it make you feel smarter? That paintings from 1997 anyway

It's better than some random screenshot from some generic anime. This is a serious taiwanese Wuxia puppetry discussion, after all.

You didn't like BFG division? that one's pretty fucking great.

Good choice in nightmare waifus

I think the largest problem with the soundtrack is how samey all the combat tracks are in terms of tone. There's no melodies, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but most of the hooks are too identical and they're all identical in making you feel rage. Some are a bit more electronical or demonical in terms of instrumentation, obviously to suit the futuristic lab and hell levels respectively, but I wouldn't be able to visualize where each track plays in the game because of how tonally identical the (combat) tracks are as a whole, and because most of them are too reliant on distorted guitar riffs and wubs that very little ends up standing out as a result. In-game it all sounds like the same shit too.

No, shit was boring. Just get a WAD collection.

Worst part about it are the wubs and the distorted bullshit which make every goddamned track the same.

What?

It's not really anything to write home about. It's fun at first, but gets repetitive since every level feels like the same. There's not as much enemies like there was in classic Doom, and the music isn't really good. It had great ideas, but didn't execute them well enough to recommend. You're better off playing Brutal Doom as that's basically NuDoom in a nutshell.

Also, to any Nintoddlers that read this, stop defending the Switch port. It's fucking awful and irredeemable. It performs like ass, capped at 30 FPS when even the fucking Xbox One has it at 60, looks terrible, is missing Snapmap, and filled with so many problems. It's not a technological feat like you think it is. Stop it.

You're beyond saving.

Doom's bosses kind of play like the fps equivalent of hack and slash bosses. The pace of the fight is determined by how low their health bar is or how effectively the player drains it. Its not perfect but the movement patterns make it certainly very engaging. I the weakest one is probably the twin hellguards. They're actually pretty fun; but correct positioning, gauss cannon with seige mode fully upgraded and headshots can push them through their phases too quickly and they cant retaliate.

1. Understand the whole level is an empty of enemies, until you activate the arena events
2. Uninstall

Thank God I pirated this shit.

No one cares about the spergs who wanted a sequel to your trashy doom 3 ripoff. Nuprey is the best shock game since the first bioshock.

Try not to set the bar too low.

Doom 3 is more of a Doom game than nuDoom will ever be, Bethesdrone. Get bodied.

If you've been playing nothing but modern shooters then nuDoom will be a breath of fresh air. It's pretty good for a modern game. If you've stuck with retro FPS though then you won't be impressed. It's an okay game. What bothers me most about it is how Snapmap is total garbage. Part of Doom's legacy is how easy it is to make maps and mods, but nuDoom seriously dropped the ball here.

Honestly, you're better off binging on .wads and mods for the original doom.

You have a name, you can search for it yourself you lazy fuck.

Yeah, Doom 4 Doom is great wad everyone should try.

Original Doom will still be popular 20 years from now. In 3 years no one will remember this Brootle Doom pandering shit starring Masturbation Chief ever existed. They only pretended to care because Anita the shithead said mean things about it.

This is coming from someone who actually likes Doom 3 and felt Dr Betruger was a great villain character.

Most of the monster redesigns are absolute shit, too. I can only exclude the Doom 3 recycled monsters from that, and those felt fucking lazy.

one of the game's major issues was that, at one point, they hired a skilled long-time sci-fi author to write the plot.

Then they tossed that all out because Sgt Markracist IV's overrated mod got popular and they copied that piece of garbage.

I honestly prefer Doom 3 with sikkmod and upgraded textures. The lighting add tons of atmosphere to the UAC. I'll try the same for Quake 4, though Q4 is kind of generic honestly (still better than most garbage put out today granted but generic nonetheless).

The fact he literally does look like Master Chief was another major issue I had, come the fuck on. This is what happens when only one person from the original team was on board, and it was a nobody.

The ending is also a straight up dumbass piece of shit bit of bad writing. If I want bad writing I'll play a Bioware cutscene collection(they are not games!)

I'm also tired of idiots pretending the modern Wolfenstein games are somehow a sequel to the original. They are not, they're a plot reboot. They've been a plot reboot since RTCW.

Trump probably gave her one, more like several times, and perhaps still does. No wonder he's not locked her up. They've been pals for 20 years.

nuDoom is great. Played it last month and I was just flabbergasted at how much Holla Forums seemed to disdain it.
Play it on Arcade mode. It gets rid of the dullness of the exploration, which is undoubtedly the low point of the traditional campaign.

The game doesn't take more than five minutes from booting it up to being in combat after starting a new game. You have nothing to lose except 50 gigabytes of bandwidth.

If you want to be locked in an arena killing monsters, you don't have to play a bastardized Serious Sam.

(you)
or you could download the doom collection wads with everything from cosmetic mods to complete overhauls for free and less wasted bandwidth

I just want to know what goes through your head when you type things like this. Do you have to try or does it come naturally?

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying NuDoom is the greatest FPS on the planet. I just said it was great. I never even said it was better than Doom 1 or Doom 2. (Better than TnT Evilution though.)
What I will say is that I get bored of Doom from time to time and wanna play something different. NuDoom, at the very least, tries to be something different. I could probably suggest Death Foretold but I haven't really played around with it much.

It's fun as long as you haven't played original Doom recently. I enjoyed it and thought it was pretty fast-paced, but then I went and played Brutal Doom right after and suddenly DOOM felt SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

you've actually become more of a spaz than the guy you're criticizing

There's so much content for Doom nowadays that it's almost impossible to get bored of it. I can see wanting a different FPS experience, but that essentially will push you towards FPS's with a different focus altogether, which nuDoom doesn't provide and is inferior to the previous choice. Play FEAR or Deux Ex you want something with a different pace.
By copying Brutal Doom.

Only partially. There's still too many lulls inbetween major encounters and pointless contextual animations for opening doors or pressing buttons still persist. They had to make a compromise by having picking up items increase your scoring multiplier because the levels just weren't designed with the scoring system in mind and needed something to prevent the multiplier from going to zero after every encounter.

It doesn't help that its touted scoring system is a big meme. The score multiplier it revolves around fills up on damage dealt (amongst other things), which allows it to be cheesed to be maxed out at all times. You can keep shooting at the front of a pinky which while doing fuck-all damage, gives your multiplier a big boost. Then there's also being able to farm the multiplier to the max by shooting enemies until they stagger, wait for them to recover from the stagger, keep shooting them again to fill up the multiplier, and repeat the process. The game doesn't award you any score on how fast you complete it, as the scoring multiplier itself was meant to encourage going fast implicitly. But this way you can max out the multiplier from the very start. Since you get all runes, you can use the infinite ammo rune to do this infinitely.

The medal chaining system would have been fine had it not been for some of the ridiculous medals. For some reason stunning enemies with the Stun Bomb nets you a medal, and so does hitting enemies with a Triple Burst from the Shotgun/Rocket Launcher. What this means is that for the highest score you need to stun every enemy, and then hit them with a Charged Burst in the head, so you can get three medals. Which is ridiculously abstract and not fun to pull off, on top of Glory Kills being a medal and thus giving you more points.

The multiplier penalty on hit is also too lenient, where getting hit usually depletes 50% of the gauge on its current rank, meaning that according to the game that the performance of one and the performance of another which is identical to the first save for incurring a fireball, doesn't make sense from a competitive PoV. Instead you should have been demoted two ranks on hit.

It is worth a play through the campaign, but only once. Don't play the hardest difficulty because it just deletes your progression if you die once, which is boring as shit.
Contrary to popular belief, glory kills don't slow it down at all. They're quite fast actually, less than 1 second long, and let me tell you: At higher difficulties, you'll be glad it's there as an option, for various reasons.

Also, yes. It is fast as fuck for a game of this generation. If you want elaboration, just ask.

Oh, by the way, don't actually buy it. Be smart and pirate it.

just modding the shit out of the original doom (open source wooh) will get you X100 better experience. Doom modding is a universe unto its self. Meanwhile nobody will even remember nuDoom when nuDoom 2 comes out.

sage for monstergirl waifu shit

Now you say that I'm amazed they haven't tried changing the music except in console ports. Like they did removing the Nazi symbology and the Red Cross symbol on health items.

Bump for shit taste.

Late to the party but: it's okay. It's more painkiller than Doom with the combat arenas but it's fun enough, and certainly more entertaining that most shit that's been released even recently in the fps genre. What has me quietly hopeful is it's success clearly shows that you don't need to have a fps be realistic or tactical. It showed that bottomless magazines is fine in a game, gore is fine, unrealistic settings are fine.

It did so badly that Bethesda has kept the demo perpetually available, on release you had to wait hours and hours for a matchup in multiplayer a clear sign it was dead in the water. Snap map guaranteed it wouldn't have any life from Modding either because it was so restrictive. After 2 months it was forgotten about because the demo was shit and Denuvo took months to crack at the time so it wasn't worth the effort to pay for it or wait for it, outside the one autist who wouldn't stop trying to garner any attention to the game.

In fact it did so badly that Doom Modders went and took the nuDoom's introduced concepts and made better Mods out of it that's funner then the game.

True, I forget to say that the modern style multiplayer is shit, reinforcing the singleplayer's back to basics approach was better. Snapmap was a disaster, I agree.

What kind of retarded response is this?

That user is probably one of the faggy nofap/tradwife cucks from nu/pol/, they all post pretentious shit.

Actually, it's the best shock game since SS2. Bioshock was trash. Prey, while not without its flaws, was actually pretty fucking good.

id outsorced the multiplayer part of the game. They didn't make it. Besides, the game is only woth for the singleplayer.

Get out Todd.

I really want to crack the skull of the retard that thought snapmap was a good idea.

If you're really bored then yes, it honestly isn't unplayably bad just one of those games you'll have forgotten the bulk of a few months later. What changes it from 'kind of ok' to 'crime against humanity' is how non-Doom it is.

Yeah, who would play the series, that turned deathmatch into an FPS staple, for the multiplayer?

Snapmap wasn't made to please the PC crowd. They were banking on the console audience eating it up like they did Halo's forge.

Besides shitty custom sprites, there's nothing wrong with brutal doom. Maybe you can put
as "downsides". Maybe. Classic maps weren't hard to start with, even on Nightmare.
If you have a sprite of a gun that needs reloading, then it should have reloading. If you want a gun that needs no reloading, pick a fucking appropriate sprite, don't make a gun with infinite ammo in its magazine like some shitty 80's hollywood movie. It's the same tier of retardation as the fallout 3 shotgun.

Why do you think he mentioned Timesplitters? It's a console FPS series with a surprisingly robust mapmaker.

I give you the boss music from SS TSE
Now shut your fucking face and go back to reddit

Yeah I exaggerate, I just don't care for the mod thematically.

Hollywood used to do kickass action movies though, and it's fine in a cheesy game. My favourite example of that is the Rise of the Triad remake where you have infinite ammo bullet weapons (like vanilla) but can reload them too.

What did he mean by this?

That's Quake, not Doom.

You don't understand how popular DM in Doom was. It's the only reason Quake had it, in the first place. Quake was the final cemented brick, but Doom was the solid foundation.

It's shit. Almost as bad as the furfags infesting the thread. It's like they took Halo, mixed in Quake Live's retarded glowing blue and green health and armor pickups, grabbed EBIN GLOOD AND BORE from brutal doom, and shat out garbage.
Remember, they canceled the real Doom 4 that was supposed to be a redo of Doom 2 like Doom 3 was of Doom 1 for this garbage.
Doom 3: ROE was the last Doom game. nuDoom doesn't count, nor does the neutered and censored to shit because OY VEY SWASTIKAS IN THE WOLFENSTEIN LEVELS AND RED PLUSSES ON MEDKITS BFG edition.
RAGE was a better Doom game than this, and it was so fucking easy that their DLC difficulty Ultra Nightmare was barely a challenge.

The only good thing about the hell choir sounds was it was an obvious homage/retread of E1M8.

The guy who made the music openly admitted he was a hack in an interview, he basically just shat out metal sounding dubstep.

While the original Doom soundtrack was hacked together from a collection of popular metal and rock. Not to mention if you were playing it back in the day, chances are it was through the Sound Blaster's OPL2, unless you had a Gravis Ultrasound, or a dedicated MIDI card (I had one, it was basically the Windows softsynth that most people hear it through these days). Some console ports fared better, though I pity the fools who played it on Genesis.

Prey's low points are absurdly low though. Bioshock while it isn't great doesn't have the issue of the obscene lows. It starts off mediocre and ends that way. Prey on the other hand has a horrible leveling system that leaves it feeling like a tech demo more than an actual game "see that banana you can mimic into it!", and the enemy design is absurdly awful. The generic human enemies in bioshock are just that generic human enemies and never are under the delusion they're something special, but in prey you get this buildup to have.. a man except he's black and blurry, and not to mention the OH MY GOD RUN AWAY AND USE STEALTH MECHANICS HE'S SO SCARRYYYY. Those parts were laughably awful.

What did he mean by this?
Are you solely talking about the visual design of the enemies?
You're never forced to stealth through, what are you on about?

Seriously, what is this post?

It's still a pretty painting though, but I agree, most of anons that post paintings usually turn out to be pretentious, nofun faggots who really want to seem smart.

Sega 32x version sounded like your average shitty MIDI synthesizer. The SNES version on the other hand sounded like utter fucking dogshit. To be fair though, all SNES music sounds like dogshit, their sound chip has to play back pre-recorded samples but it lacks in power to do proper sample processing, and it's sound output rate is capped at 11 khz. It didn't help that they were still using normal carts and sound samples tended to be very data-heavy which was at a premium.

I love it how people talk shit about nudoom's music when the original game's music was literally plagiarism of metal music from the time, note for note.
Sure most pieces from nudoom were shit, but some were good, and original.

t. Todd

Just because it's original doesn't mean it's good. Converse is also true.

Brutal Doom has a classic mode, no reloads, at least the newest versions has it. Don't know why anons are sperging about reloading guns, needing gzdoom is worse.

It plays on ZDoom just fine. Additionally, you can use software renderer in GZDoom, but that still means using outdated shittier version of ZDoom.

God damn. SNES has lower variance in that you can produce some kickass music with it (such as Mega Man X) while the bad stuff isn't ear rape (Doom on SNES was competent and atmospheric). Genesis hits the extremes with the really good stuff like Castlevania Bloodlines and Sonic 3, but most of the time you get "fart box" rubbish characteristic of lazy devs not applying FM synth well, Doom is a textbook example of that.

Despite what I said earlier id Software at least had the excuse of being a small dev at the time. Then again Rise of the Triad managed a really top-notch soundtrack with, as far as I know, only a few pieces borrowed, and that's mostly great takes on classical ones.

It was way shittier than that. Doom 32x sounds like it was composed of wet farts. Compared to what could have been done on Genesis hardware, it's a travesty. SNES's version wasn't great, and it didn't go with the metal sound of the original, but it at least sounded like it had effort put into it, and it's more pleasing to the ears. 32x Doom's soundtrack sounds like someone shat it out during a weekend.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF MY NIGGA

It's as if they don't want people to realize that their shitty engine has been outdated by another engine made by one of their absorbed companies.

There's only like one or two songs that are memorable from the entire soundtrack and that's only because those had snippets from the original doom songs.

Then why are you here?

If you have the space and lots of time on your hands to alleviate boredom, then I guess you could do a lot worse than nuDoom. It doesn't hold a fuckin' candle to the classic or 2, but I could think of plenty of worse ways to spend your time. Just be aware it eats memory out the fuckin' ass.

I honestly tried to like it, but I can't raise my opinion farther than saying that it's painfully mediocre when looked on as it's own thing, and fucking abysmal when compared to Doom, Doom 2, Doom 64, and Even Doom 3. Doom 3 at least tried to go for a genre mix and had an artstyle that set itself far apart from the originals save for a few easter eggs here and there, but NuDoom has a secret area in every level that's just a copy-pasted map section from Doom 1 and 2 with misaligned textures. The upgrade system is probably the most egregious addition to the Doom formula since it's just filler work to make your equipment perform incrementally better, making all weapons but the super shotgun irrelevant by the endgame, whereas in the original Doom games each weapon was optimized for a different enemy type or situation. The gauntlet formula quickly becomes boring since just about every encounter is running around a locked room over and over again mowing down continuously spawning enemies. You can't even ignore enemies to get to the end super fast like you could in the originals since the gauntlets are for the most part required for level progression. You don't even have to explore for health packs anymore since now you can just jam your fist down their throat and pull one out for yourself, same goes for ammo when you get the chainsaw. You can call this whatever you want, but it certainly isn't Doom.

Did you know that they had to patch all the secrets twice cause nuDoomguy actually moved too slow for those hidden levels? This combined with the E1M1 showcase webm is what cemented the complaints of nuDoom's slower pace.

It could be a fantastic game, but it needs mods. First off, they need a mod to shitcan glorykills. They just break the flow of the game, which actually is more "kinetic" than classic DOOM and closer in speed to later arena shooters. Keep glory kills as either a much rarer random event, or keep them reserved for Berserk Mode.

Of course, those are a major source of ammo and health, so you'll need to go through the game and completely rework item/health placement. But, that might be a bit tough - since nuDOOM is largely just a series of lightly populated corridors connecting "arenas" where you fight successive waves of enemies. So there's no way to place enough items that will last you the whole battle without making the rooms look like the demons have hording problems.

You know what… it's probably better to just shitcan the whole thing except for the engine and assets and start from scratch.

Please don't use the term "id" to refer to ZeniMax Media Inc.

Pic related.

Look up the soundtrack. Its dynamic ingame and if you like the music its pretty great as it causes your brain to release adrenaline as you blow the head off of a demon.
Rationally though, its nothing special if you aren't into the soundtrack.

Yeah that's sexy.

Are you referring to this one or something different?

nobody on Holla Forums has played doom 2016, they just know it exists and they aren't supposed to like it.

Oh so I guess the time I bother downloading when it came out it and found it dreadfully boring didn't happen, good to know thanks man.

One where both playthroughs of Doom's E1M1 map. That one didn't do the game any favors since that was before it even came out.

what is this 1 fps video