Have there been any decent horror games recently? Perhaps something that went under the radar?

Have there been any decent horror games recently? Perhaps something that went under the radar?

Yeah anything released on Windows 10

Five nights at freddy's

half-life 2

Wow what a limp-wristed faggot. Do you cuddle up with your boyfriend too when you get scared?

Have you never been here before? or gone to the Saturday Night Horror threads? I am getting sick of all this one liner bullshit cuckstain faggot threads.

Real life.

there wasn't a saturday night horror thread up and this isn't /vg/. Deal with it faggot. Right now you sound like the only cuckchanner here.

Then why did you make another fucking thread you piece of shit.

go away

what are you? five?

check yourself sperg, no one give a shit that there are two similar threads about horror games, this isn't /vg/

There the exact same threads with similar wording, but you are a fucking newfag piece of shit.

annnnd? only a sperg would care about that

sperg or a shitposter. Either or it's best to ignore them.

I thought RE 7 was OK, doesn't even resemble a resident evil game, but it wasn't terrible either, shame i could only play it on 20 minute lapses before motion sickness would set in. I wonder if a fix for the awful FOV and graininess has come out.

That's White Noise 2

Best parody of a cuckchanner I've ever seen.

has there ever been any decent horror games?

yes

Legendary shitpost

This game has a lot of potential and can give you a fair amount of spooks but it is made by BRs so the coding isn't that great

can you name three?

Silent Hill 1
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Now I pretend you didn't ask a rhetorical question and don't consider any horror game ever made to be good.

Those are not even remotely horrifying. "Survival horror" games is not really horror. They are successful dispute the shallow aesthetic. Fucking pleb.

guess there's none then, thanks for enlightening me

user, consider that you may just be desensitized.

I mean it would be the equivalents of suggesting Bloodborne is "horror" because of the Lovecraft influences in the art design.

Serious question, do you happen to drink soy?

No. I think I'm desensitized myself, but there was a point in time I thought games could be scary. Not everyone's as dead inside as me and, presumably, you.

but I'm not dead inside. Those games are just not horrifying. In fact, I don't think there ever has been a game that has successfully covered the topic. I personally don't have an issue with the genre in particular but its one of those things that I sometimes doubt will ever be properly handled due to the limitations of the medium.

What's a media of any kind that you think has successfully covered the topic?

lol

double lol

How were the Yomawari games? Midnight Shadows was released somewhat recently and I'm wondering if the two games are worth a pirate.

there are no good games

Doki Doki sageclub is pretty spooky m8

For just horror

I think people tend to mistake "fear" for playing horror games with the sense of dread you are supposed to have when playing a decent horror game, I mean, you know is just a game but there are moments of tension, unsettling, mind fucking, etc., you still know is a game but part of your brain still reacts accordingly, that's what I don't get when some people say "I want to play but I get scared easily", for me is still just a game but the horror elements still click in the right places.

hah! you forgot about (insert the favorite nostalgia game here)

any game with realistic spiders

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

You've actually just made yourself more sensitive by exposing yourself to such garbage, most people have and that's why we now have a bunch of reaction videos of people mewing over how 'fucked up' kids shows were. You want some eggplant-tier shit? Go to liveleak and look up 'gay + uganda + fire' And because you're so 'souless and thic skinned' you probably are detached so you abstract constantly and say a bunch of things you think are so smart in a gay lispy voice because you are so meta and above it all.>>14389189

Literature and films. But a game fails to be a game when it crosses too far into both these realms. I am suggesting that games that are successful while having the affectation of horror fail to be truly horrifying and products that may more successful attempt to be horrifying by emulating these more traditional mediums fail to be good games.Resident Evil is a great game but fails at horror. While Silent Hill may be a moderately more solid attempt its still shallow in term of genuine Horror and relays on solid game design. I personally believe this gap will never be properly bridged due to the limitations of the medium. That is not to say that a digital simulated experience could not exist in theory but that it ceases to be a video game in the process and may exist in a non-video game format such as a VR Walking simulator or a VN.

Any game where the horror part doesn't come from the fear of having your character dying, but rather from the storytelling itself?

observer. it's like immaperson or commandergwonam developed it.

Is there a game that does my biggest fear justice?
That is, isolation, loneliness, empty space.
I played many horror games but they only give me anxiety, or nothing at all.

If any of you fags played outer wilds, I remember one time I was exploring the comet, but as I just chill around I see something in the distance, like a distortion.
Focusing on it with my binoculars, I see it expand and engulf the closest light, and that's when I saw the trees on the corner of my eye getting pulled into the ground. I was actually being lifted off the comet by the gravity of the black hole.
Panicked, I activate my suit's boosters, just enough to glue myself to the comet, but that's when pure dread hit me.
I turn around and there it is, my ship, floating in space, too far to recover (because of the comet's fast orbit).
I stood there, watching it get sucked in the black hole, and something in me made me incredibly sad and scared.
Knowing all I had to live was the reserve of oxigen in my suit, no way off the rock I was so peacefully enjoying just a second ago.
Alone.

TBH the things that always got to me were things that probably weren't even intended to be scary. Like in SotC when Hydrus swims at you the first time and you just sit their dead in the water while it gets bigger every passing second as it swims towards you Although that could also be from swimming a ton IRL and having a firm grasp on how fucked you are in the water

Being a NEET

Barba always gets me because you are required to face away from him to progress, you are in a relatively small room, and he closes in on you in seconds. The loud thumping really gets your heart throbbing.

Explain.

Is Outer Wild finished

I wish

Obviously scripted enemy encounters.
Enemies that do not linker.
Retarded looking monster.
Even more retarded looking monster.

Penumbra was 100x better although that castle is comfy as fuck

linger*

Space Engine

This is going to sound fucking stupid but listen to me for a sec.
Dear Esther.
That game scared the shit out of me so bad I thought it was a horror game for like, a solid hour.