The quality of e-sports games

Why is it so shit ? Can't game devs find a balance between skill and accessibility, is it that hard to make a good competitive esport game ? Is it even possible ? I seriously can't think of any example off the top of my head.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/RZDYS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mark delete this shit.

Because all these NEET faggots prefer style over substance; form over function. To them it's better simply if it looks better, and has furfag drawfag fanficfag bait. Take a look at the first jewkid reply.

starcrap and quack? remember those?

The kikes aren't trying to make good games, they're trying to trick normalfags out of their shekels.

They are built on the premise that anyone with water freezing point IQ should be able to play it and make micropayments on it, ensuring a low skill ceiling from the outset. The actual "competitions" (the streamed tournaments and similar shit) is an exercise in marketing that deliberately portrays an idealized picture that does not represent the actual game experience.

I'm absolutely terrible at any multiplayer 1v1 game, chess and so on, yet I get Diamond (or equivalent) in any ASSFAGGOTS or TF clone. What do you make of it? I think this genre is infested with complete fucking morons and has to die to prevent these people from being called gamers.

actually been talking about the quality of the games and the skillgap, we all know that if esport is integrated to a game its sole purpose is to make money of of the hype and no other thoughts put into it

It's not actually. What's difficult is maintaining profit margins. That's why developers always inevitably betray their competitive base to seek larger audiences.

Because its a way of making money and money corrupts everything given enough time and kikes

Because gaming is mass media now. Y'know, for the masses. We don't call them "the great unwashed" because they're really smart and have great taste. Think of the average american adult man spending his Sunday afternoon bloating his already distended gut on shitty beer and watching niggers play handegg. The man is barely more than a nigger himself and doesn't want to be anything more— he doesn't want to learn, improve, or grow any more than he absolutely has to. Now, realize that he's also into CoD, if not "gaming" generally, and you see the problem.

Because these games are made ass backwards. Instead of making something fun that will eventually mature into a competitive game they force e-sports teams and ranked elos and tournaments before the games are even released.

archive.is/RZDYS

also most champs are locked behind a pay/grindwall so have fun getting stomped by some of the quite literally best carries, supports and junglers in the game before getting to try *ONE* out for yourself

You may not be far off: At this point, "E-sport" games are more about how fun they are to watch than anything else. Granted, I don't know how anyone can bear to watch people play ASSFAGGOTS

Normalfags and chinks. If the skill ceiling is too high, normalfags won't play. If it's not wacky enough for random dumb shit to throw a game, people won't watch streamers and youtubers playing it, because it's boring. If it's too accessible, it's likely too simple and shallow and can't actually be played at a competitive level unless it allows for Smash Bros.-tier autism. If it only appeals to hyper competitive elitists, the pool of skilled competitors will be too small to hold tournaments or events.

The sweet spot that they keep aiming for is something easy enough for normalfags to learn, with a moderate skill ceiling so competitive autists can rise to the top, and an audience big enough to support live events, tournaments, and championships where they can get millions in sponsorship deals and advertising shekels…. Which all totals up to mean the game is going to be shit, "the community" will be cancer, and the top players will all be faggots.

TF2 has all those things but the competitive scene remains non-existent despite valves attempts to force it.

That's because TF2 came around and peaked before the e-sports buzzword achieved the power it has today, which means it never attracted sponsors to put on huge, televised events with million dollar prize pools.

There is no skill ceiling in the versus games, only skill floor.

Long story short, esports games are built around being enjoyable to watch, but no enjoyable to play. Cue APM going through the roof until being "good" at the game requires you to be some Korean hardcore autists who lives in a training camp.

rofl holy shit he's doing it again? Fucking over AC+R wasn't enough?

what's the difference between skill ceiling and skill floor ?

A competitive community to a game can be better for it, not detrimental since then it calls for ways to make the game more challenging, and competitive to players. But the market of today is bent on ruining that and making every game competitive even if it has no right to be, and thus warping what a competitive game should be. Remove Jews, remove Nigs, and remove the Chinese.
we may have to remove India once they get PC's and start literally shitting on game quality

Skill Floor - How easy is it at base, and wht skill is required to play them

Skill Ceiling - How good you can get with the character until you've reached its maximum performance and the character cant be used any better, or at a higher rank

Honestly the definition is in the fucking word.

E-Sports is shit not because the games involved are easy/hard, but because the current mentality for gaming is "Fun"

So enjoy your 8th comp loss in a row because you had yet again a genji/widow/hanzo/dumbfist combo as your "DPS" and it's all your fault you all lost because it was just you and one tank trying to hold the point against a soldier/sombra/junkrat/rein/mercy/moira combo

Lose because of retards in QP?

"It's just QP dude"

Lose because of retards in comp?

"It's just a game man"

Nobody wants to feel bad for fucking up in games today, back in the days of quake if we had a fuckwit who kept dying in capture the flag we'd call him the piece of fucking gutter trash he is and to git gewd or get the fuck out he was tying up the slot a better player could use

Now you're branded as a toxic player if you leave too many matches because you don't want to play with 5 autistic fucktards and you leaving matches makes them "Feel bad" because "You're judging what they play"

And that's why E-sports is shit, nobody improves other than a very very small community of people who constantly group with each other because rather than have kids feel bad once in their lives for fucking up they reward them with ass pats and loot chests

I'll bet you know about esports being shit, having played so much overcuck.

Give me another game to play user, I'm on PC

What, PubG? CoD WW2? Fortnite? LoL? Dota 2?

despite his shit taste, and spacing, he makes a valid point that the online community for any comp game is ass. Not because they're toxic I wish that ASSFAGGOTS game league never invented that word, did you know you can get permabanned and punished for shit talking or saying something mean? but because they cant take a loss, and they never accept there own inadequacy. Everyone nowadays is a sheltered child.

In short outside of Doom 2016 PC has been a dead zone for game releases

Hell the only game I'm looking forwards to is FF15, a 2 year old console game, and Monster Hunter World which will be a year old by the time its out on PC

If you're restricted to shit and massively popular games, I'm afraid I have no recommendations.

Yup

Telling people to improve even politely in game now is considered toxic, I've had reports filed simply for offering advice on how to play characters, toxic for "Telling me how to play when I didn't ask" shit

Kids never want to feel bad for losing and it's fucking infuriating, which is why in overwatch for example you have level 500+ people still making common beginner mistakes playing

So instead of giving me a list of games to play, you just gave up?

Trust me man, I'm not thrilled to play Overwatch either, but it's all everyone is still playing ATM

the day an arena shooter gets released in the same light as Quake or UT ill say that ut4 has 14 total players last i checked. If you liked Promod for COD 4 play Battallion 1944 otherwise there's really not a whole lot.

Hell I was eyeing a fucking Switch I'm so desperate to play something

PC gaming has been a graveyard for almost two years now

cuck

I swear to fucking god the most narcissistic people I've met are in the ASSFAGGOTS and the """"competitive"""" bildeo bames. like it takes some special type of retarded to raise a person with this much obliviousness and willful ignorance.

I've carried matches with characters like Torb/Bastion, characters that retards call "Shit" because they're not Hanzo, had entire matches of all five of my team mates screaming at me and reporting me, and then coming out on top with all golds

And even when I get POTG and win screen shows "4 medals" etc they're still screaming and shitting on me

Why do you think it's shit? If you don't like it watch something else, kid.

Quit playing ranked. Only play to enjoy yourself instead of for bullshit like elo or ranks or first wins or whatever.

You can't enjoy QP, it's impossible

When every match your team consists of widow/hanzo/genji/doomfist who all complain there's no tanks or no heals you want to just fucking kill yourself

I mean fuck, I was pocketing a fucktard last week who still complained I wasn't healing him enough as mercy

Why the fuck are you even playing the game then? It's not worth putting yourself through frustration and bullshit just so you can have that once a month match that makes it worth it.

SKILL FLOOR: How easy it is to just play the game and be competent, not look like a retard flailing around and getting nothing done. Generally these are defined by their simplicity, easy controls, and/or lack of advanced techniques, or only advanced techniques that are not hugely important.

GAMES WITH LOW SKILL FLOORS: Most FPS games, most platformers, most beat-em-ups, most shmups, arcade racing games.

GAMES WITH HIGH SKILL FLOORS: Most RTS games, some fighting games, some RPGs (especially old ones), not-arcade racing games.

SKILL CEILING: How much room there is to improve after you've reached the skill floor. Generally defined by the existence of advanced techniques, controls with special intricacies that make them hard to master, and game design that rewards skilled play.

GAMES WITH LOW SKILL CEILINGS: Most modern FPS, badly made platformers, simple action-adventure games (EG 3D Zelda), most beat-em-ups, most MOBAs, most RPGs when played normally.

GAMES WITH HIGH SKILL CEILINGS: Most shmups, most fighting games, most RTS, most stealth games, most Arena FPS, well-made platformers, most RPGs with no grinding or with other special challenges imposed.

The best kind of game IMO has a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling, but some may disagree.

The Xonotic Holla Forums server sometimes sees play. I play on it.

Ok, kid, now sit down and listen…
E-sports are the one of the worst cancers that could have ever come to videogames, second to speedrunning. It was all right as long as it stayed in ant-men territory, as it was a local fad.

But when our dumb normies started to flock around "muh competitive" games, it's when everything went to shit.
A game has to be built around fun, not how much of a tryhard one can be in it. If a game is not fun no amount of E-sport shilling can save it from dying.

To be fair LoL was way better early on. Not that it was good, but it was better than what it is now

You're right, I'll play all those hot new PC releases

Oh wait…..

LoL was always shit, my friends all got me to play it and I was so fucking bored

It's babies first RTS that moves at 1/3rd the speed of most RTS games

This fat fuck went from a nobody to a multimillionaire in three years playing dota
What's your excuse

I don't want to play dota.

Dota is clunky, and the turn rate mechanic is retarded. If you click. there is a half second delay for it to go off, and its VERY noticeable. I will give it that it has a lot of mechanics.

Assfaggots are shit

Why the hell are you still playing, you imbecile?
Go play older games and stop spending time with those new releases that are all shit and with failed living beings.

And he will be a nobody again almost instantly when the fad goes away or the next fad is forced by marketing teams and he can't keep up with it.
No fully functional human being wants to be like him or be in his situation.

Skill ceiling doesn't exist in versus games. Every competitive games are won by the same people over and over. You average drooling Holla Forumstard has zero chance against top players in any versus game. Even if this game is full of RNG.

Fun fact: most popular E-sports were born as not E-sports (CS, LoL and Dota). They have roots in the random mods fro another games. So it can be said that they appear by themselves as evolutionary process among games. Nu forced e-sprots games such as Overwatch which were "designed from the ground" as e-sports struggle.

How do you explain that a no-name won the ultra street fighter 4 tournament in evo 2014 ? Any average guy does have a chance agains't top players, especially in versus games. It just takes a lot of dedication and time to make it there, and it's even easier now that versus games are getting less and less hard.

???

People do lose, problem is that sponsors now make sure certain teams win so they dont have to spend money on brand recognition, same shit that happens with comics were new heroes (regardless of being shit or not) barely sells so thats why sjw go for already built characters instead of doing their own ones

This is why I stick to casual and never go Competitive in CS:GO. I learnt that the hard way.

Which makes them shit.

The money will run out quick.
A nobody with no real achievements in his life is never able to maintain a fortune. He never spend decades amounting it. He received it as a prize for a competition.
The true millionaires, those that put effort into creating sustainable business, are the ones that will keep his fortune in the end. They give millions to a nobody like him, knowing very well exactly what the idiot nobody will do: spend it all, and those that gave it to him will get everything back, leaving the useless nobody with nothing.

This.
Fixed matches are always implemented as soon as any sponsor starts paying for any activity.

He git gud?

Nope. Any average guy liek you would be completely steamrolled in any popular e-sport game by someone from top 100. FACT.

It is the opposite.

It's the wanna be cool kid saltfaggots that make games suck.

Can't get out of my head those many times when in League of Soyboy someone spammed pings.

Besides everyone failing because "somethings not in meta so I must bitch about it and loose valuable seconds to game because no meta so surr 20 min".

People play games because games are fun, fun gives you an incentive to progress in the game to have more fun. Nobody wants to be the master at a boring game.

I'm glad that I quit. Besides clings to Microshaft Windows which is normie hell.

You want a good game have a hard skill floor that way you keep people under 21 and retards at bay. And add support for linux.

How many more people would play Planetside 2 if it was on linux. Huge game, nerds like it, you don't have support for a platform nerds use you lose and have to turn game into a NS-fest. (All faction guns)

Besides, people should stop making gameplay changing patches every few weeks.

Just because I'm preparing for a complete social collapse and the chance to kill politicians doesn't mean i can't git gud at video games.

The true millionaires, those that put effort into creating sustainable business, are the ones that will keep his fortune in the end. They give millions to a nobody like him, knowing very well exactly what the idiot nobody will do: spend it all, and those that gave it to him will get everything back, leaving the useless nobody with nothing.
How's your 9-5 job? bitter cuck can't even get paid for doing what he enjoys.

Enough money to have a good life without "working" on what i supposedly "like".
The fat nabody will always be a fat nobody, and soon after the fad goes away, he will also be a hobo.
And me, and others like me, will keep on living a good life while he and his worshipers fall into depression, famine, and every other shit that is guaranteed to happen to idiots without achievements.
We laugh now, and will laugh more when you fail and we don't.
And we will still have money and a good life.

Holy shit you sound so pathethic and assblasted

lol, they'll never fall into oblivion, they can at least create a youtube account and a patreon

A lie that wageslaves who can't manage their income tell themselves to feel better about working for the rest of their life. You can easily live comfortably your entire life off a million dollars.

Even if they fall off and someone 10 years younger beats them, they can become coaches or just run of the mill ecelebs on twitch.

Games made purely for money take out all soul of the game, pander to the common denominator and use the latest trend as some buzzword sales machine. E-sports is the latest trend, so companies are using it as the buzzword for sales. "Over-1/3rd of the screen aim-watch e-sports", to cite an example.
It's not as much that e-sports games are shit, it's just that fad games are shit and e-sports is the latest fad.
Good devs? Yes, they can. It is challenging and time consuming, but they are able to do it and they will manage if they love the game they are making and aren't being held back..
Bad devs? No.
Modern devs of big companies, however, are, in most cases, bad devs. Combine that with the few good devs being rushed, held back and completely shit upon until they're dead inside, and there there you go. Just wait for the next patch where we nerf the top 3 into oblivion and buff the characters we like into double that.
Is it even possible ? I seriously can't think of any example off the top of my head.
Yes.
However to make a good e-sports game, you can't make a good e-sports game, you need to make a good competitive game. That's basically what e-sports are(competitive games), or at least should be, but being thrown around more than the town bike makes people forget what it encompasses.

Also,