Chivarly 2: Mordauw

Since Torn Banner couldn't optimize their game with smoother animations, better key responses it seems that those guys did it. It's a month before release and it looks smoother that Chivarly.
Not sure how they avoid lawsuits, I guess you can't copyright gameplay mechanics, map designs.. It's a historical setting too.

Why the fuck would they get lawsuits? Are you stupid or something?

Didn't you know tripsman? Torn Banner copyrighted swords in video games!

If you want to play a game with melee combat and without paying anything,just install pirates vikings and knights 2.
This really isn't hard to understand.

It's the same exact game.

my matey

You could have just said yes.

Wow great game

It's a game made by a group of the same devs because other autistic shitters at Torn Butthole simply did not want to fix the glaring flaws in Chivalry's combat.

At its core, the design is going to be flawed because so much what draws people to this type of genre is going to be taken out of their hands and dumbed down - this is basically Chivalry 2.0, and I knew it was going to be when I first saw it, and I wasn't impressed with the tech demo trailers, even when people I knew were drooling all over it.
Chiv was fun at first, but it's shallow and the extent of customization of your character - essentially what makes you "you" in the game - is all dependent on your class. Archers and Men-at-Arms probably have the most flavor with their options.
Armor is fucking worthless in Chiv. It was only worth a damn in War of the Roses, and barely anyone remembers that game, if anyone at all (before it was patched into the abyss). Chiv just isn't good, and it's not something to emulate.

The problem with the stun on hit in combat is that light, fast weapons will always be better if you know how to use them. This is stupid, and holds the game back. If anything, heavy weapons are the only ones that should stun. Armor is an entirely new discussion and much longer rant, read
I quite like the idea of parrying and chambering, but screen dragging giving full damage is also dumb, your weapon should do damage in proportion with the amount of time the weapon is being swung so that if you try to speed up a slow weapon you won't get damage.

If armor is purely cosmetic is there any point to having so much weapon variety?

I remember it. It was a pay to play game that was later filled to the brim with multiplayer grind and microtransactions. WotR went f2p and then their servers were shut down and died a well deserved death. Those kikes at Paradox took 20 dollars from me just to buy the game before it went f2p.
There isn't even a store page for it anymore, you cannot play the game, and there are no private/community servers.

WotR going F2P was an early death knell for it. Fatshark was planning on making a "War" series and hedged their bets on War of the Vikings after passing maintenance of War of the Roses to Paradox. War of the Vikings failed spectacularly and didn't last nearly as long as Roses did. Fatshark's been living off that sweet Left for Dead clone money in the form of Vermintide ever since, and I'm not sure if they're using Paradox as a publisher for it.
And yeah, WotR was an awful grind sometimes if you wanted everything, especially with those bullshit two-handed swords at the end of its life cycle that cost hundreds of thousands of gold.

Weapons should just have block strength, with heavier, slower weapons having more block penetration power. A dagger shouldn't be able to deflect a zweihander.

Fatshark also worked on a far west multiplayer class based TPS around that time (Lead&Gold). I thought it was an alright game but it died pretty quick. I seem to remember them mentioning that they were planning a sequel to that but since then Vermintide happened so I don't know if they want to risk making another PvP multiplayer game anytime soon since they never had much success with those.

In what way is that gif related to anything?

Does it have to be?

user's desire to suck dicks.

These people really should ask themselves if their waifu would like who they are.

Or pirate Mount and Blade: Warband.

Wish you could carry more weapons. Hope they don't add microtransactions

Well I guess I have to be that guy and ask for some sauce on that

Lawsuits for what, exactly?

I played the Alpha. It's pretty damn fun. Chambering and the rapid pace it sets for sword fights is fantastic, and everything feels very intuitive. Also the community seemed pretty nice from what I played. Mind you, I'm mostly waiting for Beta to start before I really start fucking around.

My main tip for newbies is to start with the Rapier, it's fast so it makes chambering counters easier.

Looks like dogshit.

edgy

For some reason I remember how much they were promoting the fact Brian Blessed was the announcer for the game as DLC and not much else. Then one day I look at it in my Steam Library, go to play it and find out everything is shut down. Another game added to the Graveyard section of my library. Other titles in said Graveyard include Gotham City Imposters and the Section 8 series.