BOTW wins DICE Awards despite SJWs rigging 10 nominees with Horizon: Zero Dawn

archive.is/9P0Uy

Horizon was nominated with 10 awards because of MUH STRONK WOMYN but only won 2.
Post yfw even in DICE, the SJW influence is dying

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/qKxsk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_of_Interactive_Arts_&_Sciences#D.I.C.E._Awards
howtopronounce.com/french/atelier/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>(((video game awards)))

What the fuck even are the DICE Awards anyways? This is the first I’m really hearing about them. Are they like the Game Awards but somehow even more pozzed?

Get ready for cuckchan wojak, anons.

Sad!

archive.is/qKxsk

Show me actual collusion, retard

Yeah faggot i want names from the board of nominees

Let's be real here, who gives a flying fuck about the DICE Awards anyway?
The industry pushes really hard to have something akin to the Oscars or the Grammy's but nobody fucking cares about vidya award shows.

literally who cares about any of these shitty current year games besides reddit?

Ten *Respectful * Nods

Wew

You don't remember the stickied twitch stream of the vga's along side the 3 other vga threads?

Better than MvCi

the bar is so fucking low, man

They're basically the same game in terms of piss poor gameplay and total kikery

I like Injustice 2 Superman

But user you play the role of 2B, 9S, and A2. :^)

Check these doubles

there was only like 3 fighting games to come out last year anyway :^)

You level up, grind and even make a decision or two. Totally an RPG.

Fuck you for making me remember Diablo 3

Yeah but they don't mean it. They just understood that they would have looked like fools if they gave prizes to that bs game.

Worry not dice, we believe you are fools regardless.

Burn it all down

The whole list is bad, really.

BotW earned it in my opnion

this shit makes me mad

Your opinion is shit and you should feel bad

BotW is fairly impressive from a game design standpoint though. Not necessarily graphically, and open world games certainly are not for everyone, but I don't feel like the award is inappropriate

Was BlazBlue: Central Fiction ,Guilty Gear Xrd, The King of Fighters XIV or Tekken 7 any good? I don't really like to play fighting games online.

Christ why is Link so feminine? Look at that slim hourglass figure with wide child-bearing hips and long ponytail hair.

It's the soy bro.

explain, because from a design standpoint it's weak as shit. There's massive amounts of land in the game with nothing in it, just padding you with traveling time, very quickly into the game it costs the player more than they seek to gain by exploring and actually fighting stuff in the world. I can't even call the dungeons dungeons and they all have effectively the same boss. The idea that an open world needs to be huge needs to stop because all it does is create games where you spend more time just wandering to the next point than actually engaging in gameplay

Either way its a Loss

Open worlds are by design a lot of empty space though. When the fuck hasn't there been an open world game without a bunch of empty space? The world is the experience bro, that's the whole point. If you can't immerse yourself in the world than maybe open world games aren't for you.

The only thing BotW did wrong is that the dungeons are basically nonexistent cookie-cutter bullshit

Thank god.
Never had an interest in BOTW though.

You think anything will go on sale as "celebration" of some other game awards that I've never heard of. Y'know like when the golden joysticks go out and a bunch of people give out free shit

BOTW is open world games at their absolute worst. The world is empty and what little content there is gets shamelessly overused. There's a handful of enemies and nothing to do in BOTW's map but korrok puzzles and shrines.

BOTW as an open world game fucking sucks.

"Open World Games" try to male the game as "realistic" as possible. I don't know if you've been outside recently but there's pretty much fuck all out there.
That's not BOTW's fault that's just the Open World formula being shit.
However the problem is casuals now complain when a game isn't open world and there are more of them than there are of us and majority wins.

That's not true. I've played plenty of open world games that actually had rich, engaging worlds that never felt empty or boring.
Sleeping Dogs is one I would use as an example. Tons of activities, collectibles, side quests, etc.
BOTW's failings aren't the fault of open world games, it's solely its own fault.

Oh good, I get SJW and Holla Forums salt.

Although yakuza games are "semi open' the maps are much smaller and theres stuff to do on every single in game street. I don't get the appeal of just running through fields all the time, sure there does need to be some empty space but BOTW felt like 90% empty space and there is barely anything tangible to acquire by exploring cept for more swords you're going to break. the shrines are particularly unsatisfying since it quickly becomes varieties of ball-in-cup to gain stamina boosts so you can climb up shit to get to your next shrine faster. BOTW would have benefited from shrinking the world size down and having better villages and side quests for sure

Is everyone on this fucking shitty planet blind? Are these retards utterly incapable of noticing draw distance details further than 15 in-game meters? Do they completely ignore muddy texturework, low polycount and atrocious 2D background sprites that suddenly pop into a low-res 3D texture then you get a bit closer?
The fucking unnatural lighting, unrealistic hair physics, bland skin texturework, unresponsive movement and clunky collision meshes?
Are my standards too high? Is everyone else's standards too low? Am I the one who's fucking retarded here?
Horizon looks like fucking dogshit just like everyone else game on consoles. Shit, PC doesn't have anything mind-blowing either. So why the fuck do they get "technical achievement" awards when they are clearly not outstanding at all?!

Why? I'm sure it's a great game like OOT.

What salt? No one is mad that BOTW won over HZD. Retard.

Don't worry user, this time it's them, not you.

Anything that gives the finger to femnists is fine with me.

Haha, bullshit. It's the most empty and boring open world game I've ever played. Bethesda games feel less empty for crying out loud.

That's the point, they're shit.

Not even relevant.
Fuck off back to >>>/reddit/

I just want to create characters and show them off online again. Also tits.

wew boy, spotted the feminist jew

You're trying way to hard to fit in.

da fuck?

As much as I give BotW shit, it should have won this award hands down. It's an actual technical achievement that the game works as well as it does on a huge map, with no loadtimes on the overworld, with a decent draw distance, running on a console that's vastly underpowered compared to the bone or ps4. I'm guessing faggots don't even know how games work and just assume that they're magical black boxes that shit out gramfix and bloom.

I really don't give a flying fuck about "fitting in"
You seem way too butthurt about BOTW btfo a femicuck game though.

reported for faggotry

I'm not bothered about some retarded meme awards show I don't give a fuck about you dumb faggot. I don't care who won this shit, it's all cancer.
Then leave then faggot, or lurk for another year or so.

Shirtless link

What the fuck is this shit? I'm sick of seeing this shit everywhere. It's just DayZ, but replacing the zombies with a fucking circle on the map.

>Actually thinks anyone here gives a fuck about rigged (((game awards))) or (((Horizon)))
I don't understand why reddit and 4chan want to shit this place up so badly.

>>>/out/

No one cares, fagola.

You might wanna rephrase that.

Yeah, I don't get it. Why the fuck are YOU here?
This overreaction is fucking hilarious though, keep crying faggot.

Anything that grabs feminists by the pussy is fine with me.

They are adding plenty. It's great to see such fine gentlemen making you faggots feel unwelcome. No, we aren't just going to sidestep you redditors. This is, after all, not reddit.

Holy shit you're gay. Look at how serious you are over people having a little bit of schadenfreude. It's embarrassing to see.
Well you're about 70 so posts too late to stop this thread from fucking up the precious board you stupid autist. Better report people to the mods for talking about vidya you fucking cunt.

Also
MK barely qualifies as any more of a game than Mario Party, but it still bears some resemblance to a racing game. Strategy & sims though, could they REALLY not find an example this year?
Just out of morbid curiosity, tho:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_of_Interactive_Arts_&_Sciences#D.I.C.E._Awards
And just for keks:
Even a cursory glance through the normalfag-tier sales listings at Steam would fill out the diversity of every genre better.

Pic related, every inch of the entire series was handcrafted and packed full of content, and the 3rd game in particular was absolutely gigantic.

Breath of the wild was good. I had fun for over 80 hours which is a lot more than you can say of most games. It was one of the only open world games where I wanted to explore for exploration's sake. Everything was fucking cool to look at and there was plenty of stuff populating the world to keep it interesting. Choke on my chode you fucking hipsters. I bet you only hate it because it was used as a launch title for the switch and tons of normalfags bought it; if it was Wii U only and obscure, it would have a huge following here.

please tell me devs don't take this rigged partisan shit into account

My first post was the first reply and I did exactly what I set out to do, which is what I stated: make you faggots feel unwelcome. Look at how you sperg out about how everyone else is getting "butthurt" and taking this too seriously. You aren't the only one enjoying a little bit of schadenfreude.

Congratulations on being top faggot!

yes they are good.

1. Reported for XKCD.
2. Reported for knowing nothing about how marxists operate.

Your complaint is what? That they perpetuate kike media?

Nips love their men looking like faggots. The radiation and 70 years of jewish propaganda have destroyed them just like every other country. There’s even a joke in-game about Link looking nothing like a man.

You're the one that admitted that you weren't from here faggot. You didn't even respond to the argument.
You have to go back.

Now this right here is jewish propaganda. Mad that Japan wont invite in shitskins Shlomo? Or how about the fact that their infrastructure is second to none, their debt free falling as the government buys more of their own debt, and is estimated the be the dominant power in Asia by 2050 by the US military?

I dislike it for only being a Zelda game superficially though the game design is pretty interesting. There's still a lot of things they need to iron out for a sequel but the amount of elemental/physics fuckery is cool to say the least. That being said it doesn't make up for shit dungeons, the worst Zelda OST to date, the combat system, the voice acting, etc

Playing it on CEMU with Zelda mods helped a bit

Yeah but has a very good point. It's just game awards garbage. These are always terrible.

>a totally not SJW game brought to you by (((Nintendo Treehouse)))
what

in funnier news, no one showed up from square/platinum to receive the award for nier automata

All awards are meaningless shit and are only used to reinforce circlejerks among marxists.

for fuck sake. its story was so shit, the shit would call it shit. why is it happening? why do those people piss themselves happy from something so poorly done?

tbh hellblade is not so bad as a story. the whole idea of showing what psychosis may feel like was interesting. the character sorta ties into that.

Wow, never heard of it before. How prestigious and not useless garbage.

Fucking kill yourself, retard. Holy fucking shit.

Oh shit /gas/ no longer exist,
then to the >>>/ovens/

I fucking love the old style Zelda art. Polite sage.

How to make a game about psychosis:

Yeah Katsuya Terada was the best thing to happen to Nintendo Power. His other work is even better tbh.

OK buddy.

Who's larping again? Especially that last bit about "a bad name" I was originally gonna just post one Hitler but now I'm gonna keep doing it just to piss you off. No one cares about the DICE awards either faggot, it's hipster fart smelling garbage. You can't dodge that forever by throwing shit at the wall.

You're not even subtle. You won't get any (You).

Would it be immersive? Will a player identify with the character or simply be confused, and hence write it off as a quirk of the game? Why are you delivering the objective in the first place?

I dunno it felt liked Hellblade did cover a number of symptoms too, both visual and auditory, as well as memory related. It wasn't value based (like blood on your hand) either. Nor paranoia like (being watched).
Hellblade had shortcomings but I think the net result was positive.

Old 8-bit illustrations like that make me wish there was a Final Fantasy that used modern shaders to look like Square's period concept art.

Man I was really disappointed when Automata came out and I was expecting lots of journo and sjw salt about 2B, but I haven't really seen much. I was promised salt and got none.

The trick is to do it like a moral corruption doujin. You empathize with the character and by the end you watch him mindbreak. In the meantime he ruins all of his relationships, burns every bridge he has, and ends up alone. Then when he gets medicated he realizes all the shitty things he did when he was fucked up and he kills himself.
Get the player attached and then fucking destroy the character for absolutely no reason.

reported

this is now a Katsuya Terada thread

Also reported.

Reported

See

reported

That's more of peaceful derail. I'm fine with that, as long as this thread does not sunk into Holla Forums slapfight abyss, like few of posts above me.

Which means the game would be about what how people with psychosis alienate themselves, not why.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/gaschamber/
>>>/oven/
>>>/suicide/

Reported

This is the best part about the whole thing. No one even remotely relevant in good game development cared to show up.

Look who's using words he doesn't know the meaning of.

Yeah, sure.

I don't think BOTW is deserving of these awards, but it's always nice to see SWJs triggered.

Shills everywhere.

Can you imagine how annoying a proper soundtrack would be in BOTW? 90% of your time is in the overworld. Do you want to listen to Hyrule field for 40 hours straight, broken up by a couple of the same combat musics?

But looking like a cute girl doesn't mean you can't be manly user.

Vidya is dead, there is no saving it anymore.

cry me a river faggot.

I got BotW like a week ago and have been playing it just a bit here and there. I feel like I'm trying to force myself to have fun and understand why everyone likes it. No actual fun has been had yet. Nor do I understand why people like it.

Solution

It's impossible to have fun if you have already convinced yourself you're not going to.

There's wisdom in this.

You know there's a very good reason for (((Mark))) to like them.

Hot damn. When will Taki be revealed?

Did you know about Ubisoft and their use of princess rabbid as a tranny symbol?

I'm gonna take the bait here and just say you know that "coming out of your shell" is a term for being more confident and not as introverted, not anything to do with trannies or faggots, right?

Despite BOTW being an empty world devoid of content I rather it then sjw shit any day.

Play a good game that's not SJW shit or a soymale-approved classic

But Breath of the Wild is a good game.

Its meaning has changed.

Muh dick

Of course it does, you retarded nigger.

Nintendo games are fun

Well I'd rather that Skyrim Zelda win than Social Justice Dinodriod Hunting Simulator any day.

No, it hasn't. That's the same argument illiterate niggers use to defend their inability to read a fucking dictionary, or let them misuse idioms as they please. Don't be part of the problem.

This is the worst meme ever. They're never women that you would waifu and that really tells a lot.

As if Bioware and the hot garbage they've produced wasn't evidence enough HZD just adds to the pile of worthless subverted trash.

cuphead, nice

It's not just the lack of any real overworld tracks. Almost all the music is very low-key and barely there. I can't remember what Kakariko's theme is like, because there is barely anything to remember. When the music actually wants attention, it's great, but, 99% of the time, it acts like it doesn't even want to be there. And the game already makes you listen to the same combat music over and over, so I don't know what you're on about, there. I'd rather be annoyed by something that sounds good, rather than random plinks of various instruments.

I don't know whether to be pleased that they included NieR or revoltingly disgusted that they think it is an "RPG."

You have the gay

I bet they're pissed.

I'm gonna take you seriously here, and remind you that this is fucking Ubisoft we are talking about here.

This kind of neurotic sperging is why 8/pol/ is now dead.

It's only dead if you don't bully them.
Some things shouldn't change about a chan, no matter when or where

A shitty SJW game got nominated for a whole bunch of categories it clearly didn't deserve. In fact, it got nominated for every single fucking category it possibly could except Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design, though it did get into Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition so basically the same thing. But no, clearly there is no ulterior motive behind this, clearly they aren't trying to push this really, really hard because it supports their political ideologies. Just putting it on the list is free marketing because they're saying that even if it doesn't win, it's so good overall that it made it into every single category it could, barring one.

You're the kind of fucking moron that would insist that you have no proof of anything unless you have an officially signed document of everyone involved admitting the collusion, with at least ten objective witnesses present at the time of signing. If "SJW game gets nominated for everything by SJW awards show" isn't an obvious sign of them using the show to push their politics, what is? An admission from them?

Nintendo is actually really good at making soundtracks that fit their games. So I know if they wanted they could get a theme for it. Probably change it up base on where you were, what time of day it was etc… No OW music was an artistic choice. And it would've have been fine if the they made up for it with the rest of the OST. Which I don't think they did.

The problem is that the game is trying to move away from it's own identity it's built up over the years. I don't really want Zelda to feel like a miyazaki wannabe with really bad voice actors.

It hurts.

I hope everyone affiliated with that shit gets hemorrhoids.

Mind uploading a MEGA archive or everything in volafile? I've always loved this guys work but it was hard as fuck to find the complete portfolio

I may not like BOTW due to its shortcomings, but I'm glad Horizon got fucked in the ass like the faggot it is.

I stopped reading there. I can accept "it didn't warrant getting nominated for so much shit" as an argument for possible collusion but you need to A, realise it's not particularly concrete evidence and B, not get so fucking butthurt because someone dared to expect something more substantial backing the claim.

Jap devs tend to listen to the boss/lead/director.
Works great if he's experienced and sticks to a vision/passion for gaming.
Sucks if he's a money man or got there via nepotism/non-merit based stuff.

what the fuck, nier "au-tom-ata"?
not auto-mata? Is that seriously how people pronounce the title?

that is the correct pronunciation.

No that's how you say it. Automation is based on the word automate and they are pronounced the same way: auto-mate. Automata is based on automaton, and they are pronounced the same way: au-tom-aton.

Well I guess I'm certifiably retarded now.

As long as a Japanese game keeps winning these (((western))) "awards shows", I honestly don't mind.
(((western))) devs need to be taught that their predominantly sjw propaganda is shit and will always be shit.

Most open-world games fail because they are too tight and densely packed so you end up tumbling on "content" every other step you take making it feel shallow and not really immersive at all.
Havent played BOTW but if it's drawback is mostly that it's dungeons'n shit are same(y) then it's not really the fault of the open-world map being bit but the dungeons'n shit being… shit.

No retard, it's from the lack of content in the game every step. They are empty as fuck.

So Skyrim is the pinnacle of ow-games since it's packed with "content"?

That's right

Skyrim isn't packed with content, it feels empty as fuck, there is no substance here. Jesus you're a fucking retard.

But it is packed, It's just shallow and shit!
I was mostly arguing against the
bullshit, again i dont know shit bout BOTW but i i dont necessarily think the world being big is at fault, most likely it's the shitty shallow "unique" locations making traveling a chore and perhaps the traveling itself.
Most OW-games are simply no fun to go from point A to B at all with perhaps only few like the first Prototype, pre-4 gta's and Sleeping Doges to go with.

After seeing this post , they gave Animal Crossing (GCN) Console RPG of the Year back in 2002. Their qualification for what they consider to be an RPG seems to be very different to ours.

The problem is, and in Fallout 4 this was turned up to 11, that the content makes no fucking sense when you put it in context. The overworld map is just a mat to fill with random dungeons. Why the fuck are bandits camping in the middle of one of the main roads? Why are supermutants living next to a raider gang? Why is a major city a short walk away from a dragon's lair? Nothing makes fucking sense, the world feels unrealistic. It's like a gloried menu where you select what dungeon or settlement to visit.

Pay4Online and games with a clusterfuck of balance.

But no, you're wrong and is right. Just wanted to share a similar video game-related thing. It's "GAR-dev-er" not "GAR-dev-WAR', goddamn it.

No, it's dead because imkikey bans you for a month on a range of 65,565 IP addresses because you're not a vegan.

I'm not joking. Never mind that all the other bans are for not fellating Trump and following the Reddit narrative.

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU

Doesnt one of the flying robot chaos also pronouce it chow or am I remembering wrong?

You know, I THOUGHT so, but apparently none of my friends or I ever got that clip played.

Pewdiepie did nothing wrong.

This mindset is the entire problem with open world games
This would be a whole lot easier if you'd just admit to yourself that you don't like open worlds at all and would prefer a linear, directed experience instead

It is 100% pronounced that way, all the time, and has never been pronounced any other way

It's weird, but I've definitely heard it pronounced "chow" the few times I've heard it mentioned.

What’s wrong with it? It’s just a reaction pic.

The concept is ugly too. Look at that schnozz.

I dunno, she looks cute. Not everything has to look like one of your bug-eyed anime freaks.

how much of a newfag/cuckchanner you have to be to not know this
xkcd went full pozzed, made an entry on their comic to promote shillary clinton

Instead of putting words in my mouth, address the fact that the game is empty as fuck with absolutely nothing to do, as is the consensus among non-newfags.
Why would I lie? Some of my favorite games are open world games, and they don't feel void of substance. You cuckchan faggots are more blatant every day.

Kill yourself goon.

Sure thing faggot
The main complaint I hear about BotW is that the content is spread too thin, not the opposite

The content is spread too thin, and what content there is in the game, is shallow and repetitive. That's the whole argument against games like BotW to begin with.
-cuckchan rapefugee
Still putting words in others mouths. Anyone who says most shitty open worlds games nowadays are too dense is some kind of fucking retard that doesn't belong here. They are empty and shallow, usually padded with collectathon or "experience" hot spots. This has always been the consensus and it's how I know you're not from around here.

Since we're talking about vidya pronunciations what is the correct way to say Atelier and Etrian Odyssey? I've never said them out lout before.

look up their japanese names

That image makes me feel something funny in my heart

These awards in their entirety are worthless, so who cares ? I mean its nice that something without SJW brainwashing won, but seriously who cares ?

That worthless padding is "density"
Either you get a world that's empty aside from the good shit, or a world that's filled to the brim with worthless garbage every two steps, that's just the nature of game development, you absolute fucking retard

This probably means nothing, but I saw a museum one time that had this shit featured prominently in an unavoidable portion of the vidya section.

Are you okay? You seem strangely asshurt over nothing.

No it's not. It's literally "auto" "mata".

Very interesting news, OPee.

Also it's toe-who and Cheer-no.

Learn to speak English, it's not.

Automata is Latin

I fucked up there, it's actually Greek.

Neither of you can learn to spell. It's probably not your fault, considering burger education with common core. Educate yourselves.

I'm not the same guy, but the music SHOULDN'T be there on the field, and is present within contained areas. The music is minimal in the areas that would grate the most over time, ie the general world map, and has variations based on weather conditions.

I'd rather be annoyed by nothing, because if something sounds good but then you're annoyed by it, it doesn't sound good at that point. Listening to the same song over and over makes you tired of it and makes you NOT like it. You're fucking retarded, and the idea of the minimal soundtrack in the field is because the sound effects and atmosphere take center stage on the field.

You've never actually played the game and heard it in action. There's a very good reason why the soundtrack is small out on the field, and that's because there's a SHITLOAD of that field to move through.

I mean, I'm not a fan of the game, but it's certainly more deserving than a Zelda game.

I made no spelling errors, and I'm not the one pronouncing shit wrong, so take your own advice you filthy ESL.

Kill yourself mongoloid.

Atelier is French, pronounced "at" (like pat) "ol" (like role) "yay" (like day):
howtopronounce.com/french/atelier/

She got the face, the tits, and the thighs, but no ass/hips. Why???

Cause Asians aren't niggered and don't want your flabby bitches.

"Dense" is not a synonym for "quality"
Yes, a distraction placed every ten feet in any reasonably sized world is dense

The problem with your entire fucking argument, retard, is that it's not every ten feet, it's miles apart. Just sprinting across fucking open fields, going around un-scalable mountains, and over hills.

uh huh

"Dense content" doesn't simply mean that puzzles, ambushes, and mini-dungeons are packed wall to wall. It can also mean that the entire game's world (even if it's just fields, forests, mountains, and streams) is carefully handcrafted, rather than being composed of algorithmically generated flavorless mush.

Earlier Spiderweb RPGs are a good example of huge landscapes that are all thoughtfully handmade, which makes navigating them fun rather than boring.

That arbitrary meaning has absolutely no relation to the word dense

>oh no (((they))) did it.

Who the fuck cares?

It's literally just the plural form of "automaton" (robot). At least in American English, the emphasis in that word is au-to-ma-ton, and the same goes for the plural.

Disregarded

It's less hyperbolic than your 2 to 10 feet nigger.

Gee, I sure love running across a whole lot of nothing to get to a whole lot of nothing!
Breath of the Wild GOTY! ;^)

This.

I didn't step around shit, we literally cannot agree on the definitions of basic fucking words
A standard tenet of modern AAA open world game design is to place a Thing every 30 seconds to make sure players don't get bored, if you haven't noticed that in almost every major open world game released in the last goddamn decade then you're a fucking troglodyte and there's no point in arguing with you

The problem is that those "things" are most often in clearly defined areas that you do nothing while walking in between. Rarely to devs try to make the world feel alive. That's not dense, it's sparse. Instead of calling me a "troglodyte" at least provide a single fucking example of me being wrong.

Again, those words don't mean what you think they mean

Look, lemme put it thus: Placing zero-effort autogen filler is "dense" in a certain sense, but density of what, tightly packed blocks of styrofoam?

A better question is to ask how much MEAT there is in a game, and how it's distributed. Something insubstantial, from a player standpoint, is like nothing at all, even if it does demand attention and interaction from players.

An analogy I like to use is from information theory, where information and energy are the same thing, with unique information equating to more energy, while similar amounts of random or derivative information equate to less or no energy.

By analogy, content that required little or no thought to generate, is effectively not content at all.

Who is this semen demon?

More SJWs like BOTW than HZD.

Dense
1. having the component parts closely compacted together; crowded or compact:
a dense forest; dense population.
Not most open world games.
2. stupid; slow-witted; dull.
(You)

Sparse
1. thinly scattered or distributed
Quality Content
2. scanty; meager.
The Amount of Content Offered By Most Open World Games
A big boring playground that is an absolute waste of time, devoid of effort or thought. Spend frequent amount of time doing nothing in a lifeless world. Show me this mythical feature and content dense shitty open world game.

This is actually a much better way of looking at it. Even very linear games are guilty of putting little to no thought into anything, or the design of enemy AI. In an open world game like Fallout 4, you just run around shooting unnamed enemies that you can never interact with. There's so little content in the game compared to it's predecessors.

Lower level of interaction with NPCs, small map with less shit to do in it besides run around and shoot things, simplified decisions, lack of new or interesting features. Just shallow puddles scattered around a boring lifeless shithole.

Not really. It wasn't even outstandingly bad

Again, you're equating the rarity of content with quality
Shitty content is still content, just because you don't care about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist
Having shitty content around every corner makes it close together, regardless of if any of it is worthwhile
And on the other end, content being sparse, spread out over larger distances, doesn't make that content worthwhile either, like in, for example, BotW
Holy fucking shit

Yeah, and you've already voiced exactly what you think that means in this context

Yes, I fucking did. There's jack shit in these games you fucking autist.

See now you're backpedaling, because you know damn well it means amount of content and not quality
And now you're saying there's nothing in any open world game because to you, in your opinion content that isn't good doesn't exist

It's not like I said so myself before hand. It's not like you're fucking retarded or anything.

I enjoy having it run so well on a mobile handheld

HZD wasn't even in the top 10 story games for this year, should have gone to Nier Automata at the very fucking least, would have considered Xenoblade 2 as well, but that doesn't do what Nier Automata did with it's story, it does however tell a similar story to HZD but better in every facet with actual depth, oh wait but no-one played that game. HZD is not an outstanding technical achievement, I think the only new thing it does technologically was HDR, everything else is just good application of already existing techniques, and even then it has lots of poor implementations as well, like it's fucking cubemapped reflections and those fucking faces.

Injustice 2 is nothing standout and nothing special, it wasn't even the best fighting game of last year, it sure as hell was the most popular though.

Nier Automata is not a Role Playing Game, should have gone to Divinity Original Sin 2, how was Nier Automata even an option in this category.

PubG is a shitty meme game that meme'd it's way to popularity on the back of sheer luck, if any game deserves this award it's fortnite for stealing the audience out from under PubG.

It's holistic approach to open world design both remains unmatched and still leaves me wanting more, it's a window into what open world games should be from the ground up. Playing Breath of the Wild made me realize that every other open world game that had came before it didn't understand why a world should be open, it's not only appropriate to give Breath of the Wild this award but pertinent to give it this award to swing open worlds in the right direction.

The effort to payoff ratio for Zelda is higher than HZD, story in Breath of the Wild has no effort behind it and has minimal payoff, HZD story is the main event of that game and you can bet the pitch for the game contained content like characters, setting and the complete story including it's main twist, yet the story is middling at best, middling when comparing it to 3rd rate young adult fiction that is. unless it's Kojima, Suda51, Takahashi, Avellone or Moon man you're probably in for young adult fiction story telling at best.

Gynocentrism isn't that different to feminism

I didn't care about 2B being female. All that mattered was I was told this game was going to trigger lots of salt, which I was anticipating greatly, but then I never the salt. I'm left feeling empty and unsatisfied. Xenoblade 2 though thankfully filled that void left by Automata.

I'm not saying you should care. Just pointing out that feminism/sjw isn't all about eradicating girls with big breasts. It's an anti-patriarchy/anti-natural order movement, and in that respect N:auto was about 80% on board with their vision… hence the lack of salt.

My apologies I misread the meaning of your post. It's pretty damn funny that intentially or not the DICE awards were snubbed by Automata.

user have you been away for a while? Now if you check soy and cuck insults it gets double the ammount of post so it's either r/pol/ or Holla Forums trying to be relevant again

>>>/oven/

because action rpgs arent a thing, right?

To be fair, what else would you nominate? it was actually surprisingly playable. not good by any means, but it's far better than it has the right to be.

How did MvC crash so hard?

No X-men because Marvel didn't want to market characters that belong to Fox, and also the inane narcissism of Capcom, who thought that anything they shit out will be gold. The game had a smaller budget than SF5's DLC, and just assumed that it'd be featured on Evo, where instead it was replaced by two smash games and fucking Pokken of all things.

Super Robot Wars V
Crisis in the Kremlin
Expeditions: Viking
Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith
Project Cars 2
X-Plane 11
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Total War: Warhammer II
Command Ops 2
Ultimate General: Civil War
Warbands: Bushido
Sudden Strike 4
Warfront Defenders: Westerplatte

Holla Forums is more or less as relevant as Holla Forums, don't kid yourself bud.

I hadn't heard of them before this post, like who in their right mind even knows what the fuck the DICE awards are