Do you block/ignore people in online games?

Do you block/ignore people in online games?
Do you have insta-block criteria?
Maybe players that use particular class/character/weapon?
Or having obviously fetishistic nicknames?
Were you ever blocked yourself?
Tell me of your experiences.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/settings.php?board=v
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

I do not use services that allow that except hiding your thread and filtering torpedos.

Chat blocking, no. I insta-mute screeching kids and slav subhumans, however, as they have nothing of value to say and they hurt my ears.

Online games were a mistake.

Blocking people in video games is for pussies
I almost never do it, I forget the reasons why I'd have to block someone but it'd have to be spectacularly bad, like if some faggot was trying to hit on me or something

I always block shitskins

if i hear anyone who doesnt speak %100 native english i immedietaly start muting
i cant stand retards who cant speak an real language

If they prove to be spergs, yeah, plenty of autistic, old soon to be 40, and pretty much in a midlife crisis where they spout their pretty much same NPC opinions as the rest of the people in the real world. And fucking retards who speak gobbly-gook gargabe.

It sure is leftypol in here

I never mute kids because I like fucking with them whenever possible. Teamkilling squeakers never gets old for me, and it teaches them valuable life lessons.

The only acceptable time to block/mute someone is if they're doing nothing but playing earrape through their mic.

I send them pictures of my benis.

I mute autists mostly, as soon as they start talking I can tell the person speaking is a sociopath who feels nothing and is only repeating patterns of behavior to achieve goals and it makes the hair on my neck stand up.

Good effort.

t. average amerilard

I used to block people with open microphones but then I learned that you can hear incredibly funny shit if you have the patience.
For example, one time I got to hear a nignog fighting his wife over the custody of his daughter

One time I blocked this guy and he said "hey buddy watch your six" and I said "oh my bad bro didn't see ya there. Excuse the caboose." and he said "heh heh mighty fine caboose if I do say so myself". So I reported him for rape to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. And they responded right away, reassured me and made me feel listened to. I'd rate their service highly and recommend it to all my fellow civilians.

Yes.
No.

Squeekers and non English get the mute.

That sounds like complete fiction.

I mute every single person who uses voice chat.

I dont take the bait so people don't bother me.

I have enough of a tolerance threshold to keep voice chat on in games because I really like winning and sometimes, depending on the game, people will communicate. That said there are numerous things that piss me off which will get an insta-mute:
And a new extra enjoyable one which I discovered in Rainbow 6 Siege:

Black reimu No thanks.

Then mute the screaming autists its not science fiction folks.

I do. The insidious part about these cunts is that they don't show their true colors until they are dead and think they're helping me by saying "Left, left, left, a little further to the left, keep goi– DUDE YOU DIED WHAT THE FUCK I TOLD YOU EXACTLY WHERE HE WAS" at the very moment I am trying to peek around a corner. It only happens once a match at most but it's still infuriating.

Pretty much only when someone is spamming earrape. Also had a guy nonstop stalking me across characters in an MMO once that I eventually resorted to blocking, still no idea what set him off since I never even talk and he wasn't a bot.

Nigger nigger niggers

no but i did get blocked by mark

I can relate to that, children dont realize that silence is golden.

As fun as siege is, there are plenty of nignogs and cucks and children who play just to annoy and dont focus on the game.

I block people who are loud or speak anything else other than English

I don't like to block or mute people because then it sets off an annoying chain of people talking to said person I muted, and me being out of the loop on what the conversation is, what the team is actually fucking talking about, etc.
I only mute people if they're micspamming, and not in the good or funny way.

I only egg them on until they lose their voice or very very rarely their mother or father yells at them.

decline what?

I only ever use the mute for particularly loud micspammers and the occasional squeaker, and this one time i was on an awful disagreement server where they had a modbot pm you shit if the mods didn't like you.

Only females and beta orbiters that treat voice like it's skype.

This sort of shit is why I miss old Rainbow games, where you could create your room and drop anyone not holding their own. Made for extremely tight clans too.

Fuck, i meant disagreement
I know, but everyone i talk with on even a semi-regular basis uses it

What did i miss that they filtered that?

Aside from shit like micspam I find that I only end up blocking retarded third worlders like flips

What was filtered

What are you talking about? Are you feeling alright?

disagreement

Pic related

I don't play online

I don't know user, your pic read disagreement and all I read is disagreement from your post too

Dork.
8ch.net/settings.php?board=v

/thread

I always block whenever I found out the person is a shitskin mutt or a jew

I can see that it's getting filtered, but I want to know why and when it got filtered.
Was it filtered back when the shills were in full force, and the thing just never came up again?

Are you talking about disagreement being filtered or about disagreement?

Interesting, can you give any examples?

But what if I'm a pure shitskin? Can we be friends?

I only block when someone never turns off their microphone. The last game I play where this was relevant was tf2. So, I don't block anyone for any reason these days.

No really Mark, why is it filtered? Because the chat client that you yourself use exists? Because of the MLP character?
You'll ban that word but not smh or fam when half the board was crying for it years ago?

Only if you are nice and civilized

why, my peenus weenus of course! xD

because disagreement is shit and censors groups it doesn't like unsurprisingly

People mute me all the time in games that require VOIP tactics to win. I do my best to lead the team because I care a lot about winning, but this means I need to talk a lot in particular games. It's understandable, most people just want to play the game and aren't interested in listening to some autist narrate aspects of the match. But I care more about winning than not annoying a few people, so they can mute me instead. It's never really an issue until you run into retards who would rather yell at you on mic than just mute you. It's usually whiny brits who can't go 3 minutes without sperging out.

For chat situations I rarely block people. People have blocked me in vanilla WoW (((disagreements))) for calling out their shitty behavior that wastes everyone's time. Like when a warlock refuses to bring a couple soulshards to a raid, then we need to summon someone, he can't fulfill the only real purpose of his class because he's lazy, he then proceeds to get ganked on the way to the raid, 35 people need to save him, then we need to kill some mobs so that we can all go back outside and summon people.

These kinds of things only really pop up in cuckchan/Holla Forums guilds though, usually normal people don't reach those levels of entitlement. The only people I instant block are trannies or literal homosexuals.

I usually leave all voices off by default in normal games, unless it's the kind of game where you need to have some kind of a plan, and even then text chat is usually good enough. also doesn't help that my voice is shit

yeah, i block anyone with a high pitched voice because their testosterone deficient opinions are irrelevant

Thats honestly horrifying.

I only block people on extreme circumstances.
Any cunt called XxPr0sA1yaNgam3rBRxX gets instantly blocked.
Any cunt that starts console wars on a fucking PC game gets instantly blocked.
Any cunt that spend 5 hours making his perfect male avatar in game gets instantly blocked for uber faggotry.
Any cunt that says they like Marvel comics gets instantly blocked.
Jews get instantly blocked.
Muslims get mocked for having a pedo prophet then blocked.
Black people instantly blocked.
Furries and erpers instantly blocked.
French people instantly blocked.
Canadians told to go fuck themselves then blocked.
Anyone who likes hip hop and rap gets instantly blocked.
Blonde people instantly blocked.
Ginger people instantly blocked.
People who like Queen get blocked.
Fighting game niggers get super turbo plus alpha counter blocked.
Any cunt born after 2000 instantly blocked.
CoD fans FUCKING BLOCKED.
Any one that buys a EA, Craptivision or Ubi Shit game gets a dead goat on their door step then blocked.
People that wear skinny jeans blocked.
Minecraft fans get force fed a block.

Well, high pitched voice isn't my problem anyways, so.

Who does that even leave left?

The only time I mute people is when they don't use PTT and their mic is next to their fan or next to their keyboard or something and it's just constant noise from them to the point where I can't hear the rest of the game or teammates. But I still tell them that their mic is picking up noise and I'm muting them so at least they know and can fix it. I can tolerate little kids, attention whores, autists, and wannabe streamers because I was young once too and when the age gap is big enough that behavior is kind of endearing. Even assholes can be fun when the rest of the team gets sick of their shit and goes full bully.

I don't mind occasional background noise– one of the comfiest matches I ever played had a dude with a live mic and it sounded like there was a dinner party going on in the other room and it was really chill to play with soft conversation and occasional laughter going on in the background.

The only time I was muted (that I know of) was when it was late New Year's and I was drunk off my ass. The drunker I am the friendlier I get so I would just not shut the fuck up and totally deserved that mute. But I mostly keep to myself and speak only when I need to or to compliment on a clutch play.

I usually can't bring myself to block anyone, because I find it genuinely entertaining when some cunt stirs up a shitstorm in a server of thin skinned faggots.

Looks like Swedes get a pass :^)

Because anybody who mentions it outside of their guild/clan/whatever is a major faggot. I don't want to hear anything about your disagreement group and I don't want to join it either, because I don't fucking know you

I block everybody online, by staying offline.

Show it here

But you're online right now

Nope

This threw me for a loop.

Shitposting isn't a game, asshole.

on the contrary.

I don't play online vidya because they're always full of retarded faggots.

The only game ever where I frequently used the mute feature was when I was addicted to dota 2. Ever since 7.00 you always get players who snap as soon as they get any resistance. Then spend the entire game acting like it's over, telling your team to give up and just throwing the game. It fucks everything up because every dota game is 1 of 2 cases: Either their team scales better than yours, so you need to get your entire team together and end asap (impossible with these players), or your team scales better and you need to stall long enough to come online.

I was addicted to this game like crack for years, but valve worked their magic and shat up the game so fucking hard that I was able to quit.

Good job on escaping the ASSFAGGOTS

Being a fellow ex addict I can feel you. You spend so much time searching for that one match a month that makes playing the game worthwhile but everyone else seems interested in solely winning or gaining elo or being a massive cunt otherwise.
Though I'll be fair I get a lot of enjoyment from not muting someone I would logically mute otherwise. Seeing them go nuclear and seeing others argue with them is surprisingly satisfying.

Thanks. It was a long battle.

It's sad how it went from 1 good game a day to 1 a month. Unlike you, though, I can't stand tilted teammates anymore. I always relapsed to dota because I needed something that would distract me from life's bullshit and dota was the only guarantee. Then it throws more bullshit at you.

Does anyone else get mad as hell at the faggots that loudly proclaim when they block someone, list the 'crimes', and then state their demands for unblocking that person even if it's just an apology or something?
I had to suffer the company of a ton of them in my old Kongregate chat room when I was a wee sperg.
I'd relay to them via friends that nobody cared and they needed to shut the fuck up and move on after blocking someone, and that the chat didn't need a fucking paragraph every time they got their panties in a twist.

I'd only consider blocking a spammer, but I've played lots of online games and haven't blocked shit. Now muting people on the other hand I've done, voice chat was a mistake.

Rather than blocking, I intentionally antagonize and go out of my way to fuck with horsefuckers. Absolute scum.

I block mic-spammers and people trying to play music through their shitty mic.

Haven't met a man I couldn't force to block me first.

Mobas can be used as a distraction from life? No wonder people play them

Pretty much this. Anyone that blocks people just because they don't like what they're saying or can't justify their allegations to random idiots on the internet need to grow some fucking balls.

This.

It's got a weird mix between casual and hardcore. You're essentially trying to outgrind the enemy team and scheming up ways to fuck up their grind, but it isn't nearly as intense as a full on gookcliker. So you can essentially just drop into the game and that game has your entire attention for +30 minutes, without having to divert your attention all over the map, beyond trying to keep tabs on the enemy team's status.

Nigger

Nigger.

Basement dwellers, those no-life faggots with the charm of a serial rapist.

IIRC a lot of it has to do with the WoW faggots who kept bringing their circlejerk into the threads and like the autists they are just couldn't go one thread without shit flinging and dredging up outside drama

Gutentag Schlomo.