Mabinogi Private Server: Nao Mariota Pryderi Edition

Mabinogi is one of those few MMOs that did it right by not following in WoW's footsteps. This private server is a version of that game before Nexon came in and fucked that all up. Here is just some of what this game has to offer:

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Part-time_Jobs
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Solea
mabinogi.ir/thread/1727-winter-gacha-list
youtube.com/watch?v=L5ooceYw5Ro>>14381854
myanimelist.net/people/39149/Miyu_Tomita
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Bald_Wig
mabinogi.ir/
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Daby_Scots_Plaid_Wear_for_Men
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Generation_1:_Advent_of_the_Goddess_(Pre-Genesis)#RP_Quest_-_Succubus
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Paladin_Passive_Defense_Quest
disagreement
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Graceful_Helmet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fomor Scrolls. Mimics drop their scrolls at higher rates than other mobs drop their fomor scrolls, and the quest for mimic scrolls rewards 12000g in this server. Mimics can be found in dungeons of all kinds, but for beginners, Ciar dungeon is easier to get through than most of the other dungeons, and Randal can give you a Ciar Beginner Pass if Ciar Normal is still too tough for your CP. Fomor scroll quests are sold by Duncan in Tir Chonaill If you grow weary of dungeoneering, you can ask NPCs around town for a part-time job. This server bumped their rewards up to 4x, so these jobs are actually worth doing. These are timed on the in-game clock, and need to be done withing a certain time window. Be sure to do jobs for the church for holy water. Blessed equipment doesn't drop if you're knocked unconscious. wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Part-time_Jobs
We do. It's called "Smug". You can find our guild stone high up on a hill behind the Dunbarton moon gate. We are currently working on expanding our maximum capacity, but feel free to sumbit your application and the leader will add you as soon as there is room. You can also post your IGN so we can add you to friends list.
Enemies will drop Red Fomorian Coins, which can be traded in for cash shop items at an NPC names Shyla, who can be found in every town.
Server rules allow people to have up to 3 accounts for the purposes of having alt-chatacters. I don't know what the penalty is for having more, but do so at your own risk.

Can we try a world boss?

Remember to post your IGN. I don't like namefagging, but this will be necessary for this upcoming guild expansion.

If this link isn't dead then post your IGN in the old thread so the guild leader can track your involvement with everyone else. We need to make the most of this round of new guild members.

Where is that? In-game day, or Saturday?

Not sure. I just found it and clicked instantly. I assume it's in-game time?
I encountered a few world bosses like giant bear and giant black wolf, they're really hard to solo but shouldn't pose that much threat when we all smash the fuck out of it.

It's in Tir, on the way to Ciar. Want me to wait?

I'm already here. I'm not sure if we can 2 man them though.

it only took 5 deaths!

ceres saves the day!

Literal conquest from the planet midget here if I'm being honest.

I'm not a midget anymore. I'm 11 and a half!

Man I really like these exploration quests. Who would've thought an MMO of all things would put actual exploration in a game? Singleplayer RPGs barely manage to have these things on even a minimal level compared to mabi.

I want to play healer

There are no set roles in this game. No healers or tanks, everyone is pretty much a different kind of damage dealer. The best way to tank in this game is to not get hit, so healing shouldn't be necessary.

So many wands to choose from! AHHHHHH

exploration is great, only problem is that the runes that block the cave are in actual moon runes.
that means if we have any Gandalfs that can use their moon rune knowledge to get through, that will make our lives easier and reach Cor Village.

I can already teleport people to cor village, I've done it for a few people like tuco and soathe already.

what about designated cooks and music composers?
also having one person be the designated healer and reviver if one falls would be a good addition to dungeon raiding.

Seems we don't have many cooks. So that's a thing.

i know there's an enchanter on the server, is there an active blacksmith anyone knows of

I think I remember someone mentioning that the server's highest ranking blacksmith is only rank 6.

it's easier to just run around from connous, that's how i got the gate there

I believe his name was Lame, and he is only rank 6.

I guess you can say that's pretty lame

That body is too proportionate. I regret all those cheese wheels

If any of you want to get started on blacksmithing, I have a bunch of ingots and plates stored away. I think Aristrea told me to hang onto them, but I'll probably end up with a shitload more by time I'm done ranking refining.

UNF

Well fuck I'm not leveling windmill anymore for the time being, time to go full alche.
Also for the IGn is Zahr but I've got an IP dynamic so the ID changes at least once a day.

So I am guessing that Magic Weapon skill is not in the mabiPro server, is it.

if this is how she Kusina looks in her artwork, imagine how our thig guild would look

I hear the best part of this game is kicking wolves. Is this true? Is it worth getting this game for that reason?

The best part of the game at the start is kicking wolves.
It also happens to be what you'll be doing the most of at the start.

DEEPESTLORE

Beret, or Coronet?

Coronet.

To skip doing caves, you can go to Erran's Gorge north of Filia and discover a bridge. Once in Cenae Meadows, head to the river and get on a hippo ride it across to the other side.

As for the caves, white doors require different things like titles, skills, etc…with blue doors just type one of these: Elf, Giant, Human, Nao, Ruairi, Tarlach
First letter must be capital and you need an explanation mark on the end.
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Solea

Entirely relevant thread theme upon accomplishing more meditation ranks.

Well fuck the giant white wolf field boss just spawned in front of my face.

And raped a newbie

how bad is the grind for this thing?

Not so bad. It took me 2 days to get to r5 I think, but ask for help from the people in the guild, we're all pretty set up now.

if you risk repairing at ferghus you can at least up your chances of not fucking your gear entirely by only repairing 1 point at a time. I actually do that even at 98% repair npcs.

It wasn't at ferghus, I repair 1 point at a time, and it was blessed. I can't afford edern, so I go to dunby. (I can't remember her name)

Why is it called "their method"?

Any room left in the guild?

The guild is comically and perpetually full but you can probably just add a bunch of people from the guild and they're usually happy to help

Where is Malvarose :333333

Everyone says this, but there's at least another 20 anons trying to apply at the current moment, so until then (which'll be a day from now) we get everyone in who'll play enough to get us enough GP to expand faster, and we can get another 10 people in, and another 10 after that.

doesn't it go 10, 20, 50, 250?

It does, though the jump in GP to go from 50 to 250 is pretty high.

it is, but hopefully the 50 will hold enough of us. i suppose we could always make a second guild at that point if we're full.

I don't see how we'll need more than 50 slots, unless you fags want to start recruiting normalfags who don't belong in muh sekrit club.

There's about 30-40 of us playing the game, total.

That's bullshit
But I believe it.

In any case, is the gacha worth dropping the coins?

I've never played this game. Is there anything to keep my attention or is it just another grindfest? I used to play a lot of those back in the day, but I really grew out of them.
What fun stuff is there to do in this game?

sit in town and eat berries for stats, click buttons every other minute for fishing, remove the clothes from a succubus.
it's grindy, but it's worth trying out and isn't typical to most modern grindfests.

The last thread is still alive, so you can go through the pics some people posted of the shit they get up to. You can actually socialize in this MMO(fucking novel, right?) when you want to take a break from the grind.

It's a social sandbox with no level cap. You have to find your own fun.

probably not, but here's a collected list of what's in the gacha.
mabinogi.ir/thread/1727-winter-gacha-list

Doesn't sound too promising. Maybe if I had played it back in the day I'd be all over it.

Man, don't even get me started. I hate how MMO's are these days. That brings up a good point though, how's the server population? Is it big enough to meet other people outside of the regular Holla Forumsguild circlejerk? Is it just filled with BRs?

Alright, I get that. But are there tools in the game to actually create your own fun? I feel like a lot of these sandbox mmos forget that part.

Its a grindfest but only in the sense of you working hard to better yourself. Half the skills are life skills for being comfy and you can take a break from anything at anytime without feeling like you're falling behind. There's also enough variety in the things you can do that things don't get repetitive.
Calling it *another* grindfest doesn't really work, because no other mmo is remotely similar and plays out the same way.

I see more people who were in this server before we flooded it than I see Holla Forumsirgins. It's still small enough that I can recognize a good chuck of the names I see from all of the running around I've been doing.
I've only seen english in chat

Give it a try, post your IGN so we can add you. use !global chat for help. See how you like it. If you don't like it after a few days, guild's full anyway.

time to dump all my coins into gacha

gambling is never the solution to your problems

It didn't work. I don't have a wang. Anyone want this?

An example would be the MML music system, where you can create whatever kind of music you want with MML code and play it with whatever instrument you have equipped. There's even a way to perform with a party of other players, in case you have multiple scrolls needed to play one bit of music.

youtube.com/watch?v=L5ooceYw5Ro>>14381854

Another example would be the depth in crafting.

The combat itself has a retard filter that makes it unplayable for niggers in the zoo because you actually have to use your head.

In otherbwords. No, 99% of the players speaks english

Just a heads up, temple knights with shields don't take shit from arrows. Had to learn how to actually melee inbetween getting cut in half by these sword fucks.

user I have 17 8vee people in my friendslist alone, and most of them aren't in the guild, and I don't have all the guildies and applicants in my list either, plus ones we can't see because max is 10 applicants

yeah they have natural shield so ranged attacks may not hitstun them but magnum will still put them on their ass

Tried that, still didn't work. I DID learn that defense only works against the first hit, and a cheeky icebolt will take them off of it so you can punch them in the nutsack. Probably a smart move against counter attacks, too.

Has anyone gotten this game to work in linux or in a windows 7 virtual machine? For what ever reason this game is giving me hell. I'm installing a windows xp vn to try and remedy this but windows xp is slow as shit.

pls no bully

fug

Oh hey I saw you a few minutes ago. You should have said hi.

An user in an earlier thread managed to get it running through Wine, if that helps.

also we're about 150 guild points off of an expansion. Everyone place your bets for fags getting into the guild.

Is rebirth every 1 week or is it every 3 weeks like it was a while back in the live server?

once every two weeks, but double ap from levels and other sources, so technically once every 1 week if you do the math by standard.

Fug then i should rebirth right now. And i was thinking about aging to 17 first.

every 2 weeks, from what I hear.

hold off on that until I get you into the guild. The quick jump in levels from lvl 1 will be good for GP

Oh okay thats a nice balance. With the 1 week rebirth I always feels rushed like I need to level quickly. With the three weeks it felt slow because I'd get to a point where I couldn't level up hardly so wasn't getting enough ap. The 2 weeks with 2x ap is like the perfect balance.

50 GP off.

Well that didn't work.

You build up GP regardless of whether you are in the guild or not, so new anons will bring in lots of juicy GP provided they have been playing the game for a while.

i'm not that familiar with virtualbox but that could be your issue for the win 7 vm

It is your duty!

A hat for mages human and elf anyone interested?

Yes, Dartier. I could use the shit out of that hat.

r8/8

Send help

Just relog.

A red wing that can teleport you is put into your inventory to go back, but i guess you can save that for later if you just relog

ADVANCED GUILD
MORE SPACES

WE DID IT BOYOS
20 SLOTS

ARACELI
MALVAROSE
I'M RESERVING SLOTS FOR YOU, SINCE I KNOW YOU FAGGOTS ARE ACTIVE, SO HURRY AND APPLY BEFORE THE APPLICANT'S LIST FILLS TOO

is this our first rando?

When do we start removing elves?
Blancfag here

I love this game

Is there any way to play this on wine?

Smugs on a mission

Ebin Fighd :DDD

We did it

Fuck, is there still room?

Seems like an interesting game, I'll look into it. Is there any way to change the UI scale? Looking at these screenshots, the text is very difficult to read on my screen. Also anyone from heRO or OriginsRO here?

Holy shit that's cool.

There's also an aging system where you obtain new stats. This MMO is very innovative comparison to WoW and their clones. The only thing that comes close is Lifeweb.

OriginsRO here, surprised there's another alive.

New goal: 14000GP We're going to need a miracle.

Depends. I'm saving one for araceli. How active are you?

14000 is only a bit over three times the last time, and rebirths are coming up. Shouldn't take more than a week.

Polina here, I might use that name again then. You might not remember me if you only played OriginsRO though because I quit that much earlier on than heRO.

I go on everyday, at odd hours though since I work 3-12am

Did we run wolf killing squads and you were a mage using fireballs? I'm trying to remember if that was you or another person.

forgot to add my name
Diogenes

wanna/that bunny

That santa is really belting that glockenspiel.

Yeah I was a mage/wizard on OriginsRO, might have been me. What was your name?

んなああああああ…

I forget, honestly. It was either icidulaf, icidulon, or Darth something. Ring any bells?

she's only 11, you sick fuck

she sounds familiar. Who's the actress?

Are there any other giants/elves working towards their transformations? We should all organize a group and do the dungeons together. It would be way easier to get karu sketches/gargoyle parts in a group.

If any of you guys running karu pick up glowing bits and get exploration journal pages, save them because magefags need them for ice spear.

I don't mind helping on it, I got a carpet so I can carry an extra person or giant if needed

Still, I remember the two of us running around in the forest killing wolves. I don't even remember what my class was.

ccccccccc

Maybe Darth? If you are who I am thinking of, you were a swordman and we genocided wolves together at low levels, but I overtook you in levels after that and we didn't get to party together again. Neat running into you again.

myanimelist.net/people/39149/Miyu_Tomita
Kuina from Hinako Note is the only one that sounds similar to me.
Go watch the anime (Made in Abyss that is), it's really good.

Yeah that's definitely me. When you overtook me I just kinda fell off because I didn't want to grind to catch up, had the most fun grinding with you that one time and figured it wasn't worth playing if I wasn't in a group with you doing stuff more interesting that way.

Nishiki here, good to see some familiar faces
I played ninja on heRO mainly and did thief on originsRO before everything fell apart

Damn I feel like dick now. I had fun grinding with you and I was hoping you'd catch up but I also wanted to keep up with the others. I don't think I could have really done anything to help as an out-of-range wizard. I thought about rolling another healslut to help lowbies but I burnt out on the game before that and you had already stopped showing up by that point anyway. I hope I can make it up to you this time.

Nice to see you too. I don't think we played together much but I recognize the name.

PANIC

Not so bad

Prepare for custom generation quests.

god dammit

MALV THIS IS YOUR MOM AND IT IS TIME TO COME HOME

so, clover gnu and nothing else

This is Criceto, is there anything left? I just s-started today

I don't know. Owls are pretty nice and this one has 54 cell space.

hello what are the system requirements

Toaster, it came out in 2003 and has options to AA it out the ass.

Is your computer made after 2004? Then you should be fine

I am both disappointed & pleased.
Anyways I never played this game before & all I know it that is has an aging feature.

YADA

Fine, I'll play.

you may have been saved
make sure your first character is a human, than enables you to get two more, a giant and an elf each
but yeah we're on maintenance for about an hour and a half, rip

I've been spending all my red coins on pets for the extra storage space but it's a little annoying to manage.

Are there any storage bags that you can put in pet inventories for even more storage space?

The server is up. Enjoy the new custom content!

Best you can do is buy different bags to put in your inventory, have multiple characters for their bank tabs, and have a lot of pets. Most really good bags aren't on this server tho.

On a side note, probably seems obvious. But use numpad keys to summon pets, insert to open their inventory, and delete to unsummon them. You can cycle through them pretty fast that way.

for extra storage, you can buy a small bag that's completely in ching chong for around 80k in any general store. Has a capacity of 6x8
you can also buy the large bag that expires in 30 days after purchasing for 100k. You can extend the timer buy another 30 days by buying a key from Shyla for 25k. Definitely worth investing in once you get your gear settled in a bit
Shyla also sells a key that unlocks the Extra tab of your main inventory for 100k. Also only lasts for 30 days

Is there a single way to make this game enjoyable, it's just grinding for the sake of grinding. Is there some magical fun button I'm missing or is this just another boring early 2000s era grindfest that people nostalgia boner for

Pretend to be Malvarose's dad

Technically its late 2000s unless they played on the korean server.

maybe you just have bad taste

I started with a giant, I don't get extra character cards.

Does the key that extends the timer add onto the existing time or does it reset it to 30 days?

Thanks lads

I don't think it's a taste issue on my part, as riveting as killing the same 9 monsters that are the right difficulty to actually count for ranking up skills over and over again is, or the fascinating crafting grind. The only even remotely decent part is the combat has a decent idea behind it, horrible execution, but that's it.

The fun of grinding skills and doing party runs in dungeons. I used to do it with three other friends and the fun of shit talking and trying to survive and making money raising proficiency for weapons. Its grinding with friends that make it good.

if you don't find the combat fun, no.
Melee-focused is probably the most fun to begin with because you use all your skills, and other skillsets do admittedly start out being very one-trick.
Life skills and such are worth grinding for because they give great benefits towards combat/profit, whether you make useful things or get beneficial stats.

Best I can say is keep playing for a week to see if something ticks, and try to play with others as much as possible. The community is what really makes mabi.

so it's the same shit that people nostalgia boner for. Because this combat, while above other MMOs, is fucking horrible. I was assuming there was some shit I was missing but "fun with friends" is the absolute bottom of the barrel for fun. Literally anything is fun with friends.

I disagree.
I once watched the Machiko Sensei Movie with my friends, and nothing made it fun, we managed to slog through it barley.

Same with Ragnarock Online 2 that game was a fucking borefest, even with friends.

And as far as the community goes, there's fucking nothing. I've seen 4 messages in general in 6 hours and half of them are just the text "afk"

I was on for 30 minutes earlier and saw several talking a good amount?

I asked about memes and got maybe 1 response

Is it me or do the monsters with the finish status over their head disappear a lot faster than the ones on official servers

Remember, friends, to keep an eye open for a panty shot. You must also post your findings profusely.

Servers are back up

I believe it adds onto the timer an additional 30 days

Wait so which server is it? Not one of the official ones so then how to connect?
I'm guessing the OP links to the server site and I'm supposed to download their launcher rather than the official one but what do from there?

the fuck is this shit?
I don't know moon runes.
I'm in a lost island with cats and people that speak some kind of moon language.

If you want to go to TNN or if you're at the Black Fomor Pass portion of G1, then come to Barri dungeon in Bangor. Feel free to assist with G1 dungeons there as well if you don't have anything better to do.

I remember you! I tried to take you to a dungeon and you refused!

Scratch that. Dungeon generation thing is preventing people from going into ANY dungeon. Suppose we'll just have to wait until that's dealt with.

what is this

Anyone want a rabbie basic pass? IGN Profans

Looks like some sheep hanging out with wolves to me

I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm surrounded by moonrunes, I'm not exactly ready for that yet.

Do not be worried! As long as you have a party, they will help!

I don't think I like this combat system so much.

Calm the fuck down, nigger

I will calm down when I feel like it!

you're getting dumpstered by the enemies because you're using the wrong skills at the wrong time
also, skills load faster as your character gits gudder at them
just have someone ingame teach you how to not be a scrub, the combat does in fact have a learning curve

Interesting, also how do you level up windmill? Skill says I need to counter attack with it or kill powerful enemies with it. I'm assuming I need to take out something higher level than grey wolves, but windmill doesn't seem to have a counterattack component to it.

Also I know about using smash to defeat defense and whatnot, its just if I hit windmill my guy would rather stare down a target and get kicked down like a chump. Counterattack seems to work fine overall at least.

I don't think I want to play this game any more.

If you're melee, use the defense skill; if the enemy melees you normally, start smacking them back, then go back to defense. If they start charging a smash attack, drop defense and whack them. If they defend, change to smash and break through. If they prepare a counter, hit 'em with a cunning icebolt or maybe a ranged attack. Using whirlwind is also a viable strategy if you can get it set before they whack you, especially if you're ranged, but defense sets up faster. If you can't tell what they actually used, remember they can't move with counter and you can usually smack them before their skill sets up. Also, you can whirlwind mimics preemptively.

The counteratack part is basically loading the skill as you get knocked down, it loads faster than normal.
For knowing the strenght of an enemy (CP) mantain pressed alt.
Powerful enemies are labeled as strong.
Very powerful enemies as awful.
boss enemies are boss.

Awesome they have increased the stack sizes of alchemy crystals.

Windmill is a skill that has to be triggered by clicking the ground near you or the enemy when they're close enough, it doesn't automatically attack except in odd cases

I can read a little nip. The door says something along the lines of:
"This door supposedly only opens before a person who concentrates while in front of a spinning wheel every day." Which probably means it's related to the weaving skill.

One of these options is illegal. Be careful out there, Milletians.

MODS BAN THIS SICK FILTH

thanks for the help in aiding my alchemy autism

You lucky bastard

fug

W-what happens next.

Who was the musician? I have a clay flute if you need it.

Shotasucks was focusing on it so ask him.

Already did that. Now i need the reward book from Karu Ruins to R8 my Composing

after you advance to r4 you might want to unrank your skills for more ap.

That was the plan. I ranked up some life skill I wanted to do quickly and completely forgot wm was almost able to rank up.

Reminder to worship my giant's exposed legs every day so that he gets big and strong.

I played on both heRO and originsRO but I already forgot my name and class.
I distinctly remember the siromeme, goblin and wolf genocide though.

Banquet at 7 EST according to server natives

BE THERE

Welp seems about the time my ip changes has come and got dced.

How long before they get suspicious

we /secretsociety/ now

Wait, is our guild suspicious to everyone?

Of the few that know how many of us there are, sort of. We've had regular run ins with a couple and apparently we stress some out, like the guys from tiny. They would probably think they're being raided or something, I dunno. Some of them are pretty autistic, though. Like, gaia tier, so maybe it's not a big deal.

I honestly didn't expect us to get this many people when I made the first thread. It's fantastic.

I think an emergency patch just happened, server reset right now.

So how do I do the counter attack part with the training requirements? E rank already feels weak at lvl 10.

find something to hug up against, let anything knock you back or down, spam it as soon as it hits you and stop spammng when it stops hitting you and you should automill. Will probably take some practice, look up a guide.

also, don't click the windmill, it needs to happen automatically to be successful.

enable DirectX 9 in virtualbox nerd

I'm currently having an issue where the character portraits are covering the text and I cant tell what the hell they're saying half the time. Anyone know if there's fix or an option to resize or remove character. portraits.
I'm still getting my bearings on this game. So I haven't bothered applying to the guild

turn color settings to 16 bit, it's because of your AMD GPU

Screenshots go in your My Documents folder for Wangblows.

No that is very dear friend

AAAAAAARGH exploration page three end my fuckin life

How come we are suspicious? Its not like we have done anything to annoy anyone.

Way too much effort but it works.
I just started too. We should go adventuring together.

forgot pic

Is it generally worth it or not to upgrade a weapon along the paths that decrease durability? 5 Durability is kinda painful.

That took a while and a half to solo, but I'm glad it's all over.

That's the trade off for maximizing power. If you don't want it, there's a second best upgrade path for damage.

You can have spares on hand or create higher durability weapons from high ranked blacksmiths to offset the durability loss.

jesus fuck

Th-thanks

Yeah I know the only picture in there is an ant sized picture of my character & nothing else.

Yeah maybe i just nuked my installation. I'll try again later.

better yet

There is a file called default.reg on the mabipro dir, run it to reset your game settings

You mean ShareX

One of the guilds organized a community event. It was basically just gambling, but I won some clothes. Pretty neat.

i'm probably stupid, but the manual patching tutorial mentions an alternative launcher, what does it mean by this.
the original launcher was crashing so i followed the tutorial, but i can't seem to get the client to launch.

Oy vey.

6 MILLION GOIS

Looks like this is going to be fun. I have a soft spot for loot-heavy games. R.I.P., my free time.

FUG

Does the lightshedder title also count for elves?

You can still get in the banquet if you ride in on someone else's pet, there will be people shuttling people inside when the banquet starts

The door is open during banquet time regardless if you done g10 or not. However after banquet you wont be able to enter inside again until you complete G10.

This is comfy

chairs are like gold dust

Is this good or bad?

it just means we're the cool guild

I'm a little panicked

I think I might be jewish.

Everybody REALLY likes us. Me and tuco have basically been making friends with everybody.

Does guild chat work yet?

It's been working for a long time.

Says i'm not logged into the messenger or the guild isn't valid

Conspirators?

This is why you pick the seats with the exit in clear view.

yes, conspiring

I bet the jews did this.

So screenshots still don't save in My Documents but I remembered Radeon Relive lets you save screen shots using Ctrl+Shift+E. Portraits are still fucked but I'll manage.

More screenshots from banquet

Is it possible to be tanky in this game? So far it seems like everything guts you immediately if it manages to hit.

Not quite. Being jewish in mabi is when you buy clothes and sell them at higher prices. Another level of jewish trickery is to buy every copy of a rare/new item on the market, wait for the price to inflate because nobody has it and everybody wants, then bame your price. Excessively common on the live servers because of nexon gachas.

Yeah, but you can't really be a designated tank without aggro pulling functions like ice bolt.

Does unarmed work in this game?

There are fist weapons but I dont know much about the whole thing.

there's not really a fighter class. You can use Smash/Assault Slash/Windmill/Etc with bare fists/knuckle weapons though. It's fun and fast, but you have NO range. I use spiked knuckles as my alt weapon.

No such thing as tanks in mabi as far as taking hits goes, only in dealing damage. Everyone is equally fucked when getting hit by monsters, best you can do is get better armour that helps a little, get drunk on hp pots, and activate that mf defense. Over lvl 6k on the live server and only have 700hp.

Doesn't giant get a taunt skill?

The war-cry? I think so.

Talk to Taunes in Vales when your current lvl is over 20 using the skills keyword. He'll give you a quest to get the taunt skill.

Well this is going to get boring real fast

I haven't played this in awhile, in fact I kind of just left and disappeared.

Just to clarify we're now all on a private server, correct?

Why is there no bald haircut

Who are you?

Criceto, should have moved the damn window out of the way to show my name.

Cloest you get is this gag wig. Cosplay as a priest and go /ss/ some young traps.

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Bald_Wig

relogging didn't work?
i remember this happening from time to time on official aswell.

Yeah, logging doesn't seem to fix it.

That would be because you're not in the guild. Next expansion
For now, just add everyone to your friends list and use global chat to talk to everyone.

Well fuck, so much for fun

Also it says I need to be logged in to use support when I try to open a ticket, if that means anything.

Pls respnd redchanit

redchanit and smug are two different guilds but we're on if you want to play

Yes, you have to be logged in, so they can actually have someone they're responding to. You can still do stuff with us, you just have to use the global chat or PMs to reach us, which means you have to recognize people by name.

mabinogi.ir/ read the OP, dammit.

based random guy on the server saves the day

If you want a ferry to TNN or Ceo, add Klenn. I have fliers for both areas. Make sure you bring your own housing flier to use later so you don't need to ask me more than once.

My bad.
I was asking if everyone from the old guild joined the new one, but I should've guessed myself.

Don't believe this man's lies, redchannit and smug have no merged in the private server.

I have no idea what I am doing but these gook foxes are getting the shit slapped out of them

I'm talking about the in game ticket feature, unless its referring to the website when that window pops up.

It's easier to open a ticket from the website

go to webiste
open ticket using support button

now this is autism

Does anyone have a pre-installed .zip?
I can't get the installer to work.

That might be because they just took the servers down.

The banquet was a lot of fun, you guys are fantastic. Hope everyone shows up again next week.

The server restarted because of a memory leak introduced by a recent update, the game is back up now

Yeah but at least there's no broken meme fuckery like ninja who can just clear rooms in a single button press

what have I done?

I'll hop on in a bit and mentor you for as long as you want. Add Semifiend to your friends list if you can figure that out

There's always next week. Maybe we'll have even more people by then.

It's not regular autism, it's high quality autism

My point was more on instead of being stuck with the same content i've expected a bit more like learning enemy or NPC skills, even if they are nerfed, i love how you learn the skill (basically not stuck to just one weapon or skillset alone) to the point i've yet to see anything resembling that again (and obssesing over it a little bit), but playing it again with not much of a change is similar if just not the same as always having your favorite dessert or food,etc.

It'll just be the same old, same old after a while.

GMs are making custom content. Hell, some was even added yesterday which is why the server's a bit unstable right now. Whole new questline in Courcle.

Oh, ok, i kind of guided myself by only reading OP, my bad on that one, nonetheless i'd wait a bit more, for a bit more of content and that one (another) mabinogi project was recently shoot down by nexon

What new mabi project was shot down?
Most recent mabi project I know of it the mobile version.

Not that kind of project, on ragezone i found just one of those dudes who wanted to make another mabi server, i talked with him for a bit and he told me that after he was done people could just modify the game to their hearts content including modifying skills as they wanted.

Looked promising and given that the other i knew was from elitepvpers emulating g13 i decided to see how things would develop.

for context, this was on the question of "how bad was it, really"

Anybody up for solving differential equations?

I would if dungeons weren't broken again haHA

lol

If you guys want a strong mage to carry you through this, hit me up.

IGN?

Waffo. I've been around for a good while, so feel free to hit me up with questions as well

gib tips for leveling magic skills

oh shit, you're that guy with the mage guild

force others to help you do dungeons.

Magic is a very slow and very expensive job starting off. If you have a lot of friends to assist you in combat and help you find mana potions then its easier. Try to make a few friends that dont mind helping you fight as well.

If you want to play it safe, consider upgrading some gladii so you have a nice backup weapon set when you do run out of mana in dungeons or shadow missions.

Fusion bolt will carry you to late game if you rank it. try to get magic mastery to r1 ASAP then rank your bolts to 1. Next get fusion to r1 then work on getting the elemental masteries to r1 as well. you for sure want to MASTER Fusion bolt, and all 3 elemental masteries. their titles are VERY good.

piss i did it in reverse, thanks for the help

I am, but i'm not here to steal from your guilds. Im quite excited to see more people joining the server, and you all joined at a wonderful time. Even though we are suffering a bit with a few bugs from the custom gen we just dropped, the server is in a very good spot

I only say this for the extra mana you will have at your disposal for fighting, also the title gives +MATK if you decide to master it. its not a huge deal to do these out of order.

I remember someone was asking if males had something with a skirt they could wear
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Daby_Scots_Plaid_Wear_for_Men
Here you go

any specific way i should rank the bolts?

They should basically rank on their own when you are just out trying to level up. but if you want to hardcrore grind it, then perhaps find a shadow mission with enemies that give you the type of enemy strength you need. I like to go to Shadow Cast City and alter the level untill i find what i need

that's pretty good, but can i see my pantsu with it on

Who wants to play with this blue boy?
And when do I get to smear the bone marrow of the elves all over the countryside?

Did you want the pantsu to be off instead?

We're all sitting in dunbarton right now. If you need help with anything just ask for some guild names to help.

I'll try to find my way there :^)

Thanks for the comfy time, this really brings me back

Any time, buddy. Don't be a stranger.

Why do koreans love to suffer so much?

You can always suffer later, user.

But I want to do things while not having to hustle across the world

i was on my way to find out how bad my artisan roll was going to be and the game booted me, how horrifying

How do i become a cookingmancer?

rip server

Well, whaddaya know, it worked.

so who is ready for this? I'm sure we have a couple people with r5+ windmill, myself included.

Gotta admit it was funny.

that looks like alot of fun, I wouldn't mind coming along.

I'm at rank 7 windmill so I'm willing to come along. Never did it on the live servers. IGN Liloli.

t-thanks for the heart

MUHAHAHA.

i'll probably want to do it on monday, since hopefully (barring more server downtime) i'll be at r2 windmill at least by then

JUST

This is the dark souls of mmos :^)

After completing forest purification twice.
Killing Sephirot.
Killing Red Dragon.
Beating Peaca normal
and attempting Peaca Abyss.
I'd say yeah, it is.

Without doing something as tragically unhip as actually looking it up on a wiki: fuck if i know. Usually equipping shit like a sewing kit or alchemy stand will give you the basic skill, but i got a knife and a board and jack shit to show for it. Maybe i should buy a rolling pin instead.

why is that bard playing scooby doo

Maint is over everyone, thank you for your patience

I was j-just m-memeing

i think Aeira, the bookstore girl in dunbarton, sells the skill book that gives you cooking.

Talk to Glenis in Dunby with the Skills keyword. Should give you a book to go onto your journey of cooking. Aeira does sell a bunch of other ones you'll need for later levels.

It's kinda weird how humans can't dual wield axes or blunts. I hope that gets added to a poll later so i can dual wield my favorite weapons: franciscas and warhammers.

the new custom content that was rolled out included the Light Bipennis axe and in the description it says it can be dual wielded. Costs 35k and is sold by Shamala in Cor Village

Imps. I hate 'em. Little buggers flitting around, tossing lightning at you!
does anyone bring news from the other towns?

Holy shit that's lewd.

Looking to train up my windmill. Anyone game to help out. IGN Shizu
Be warned though. I am retarded.

and people were calling me lewd for hugging them

I will, What rank?

Ever notice how they are churches in Dunby and Tir, yet there isn't a known religion to follow.
I wonder if that is perfect grounds to start religous sermons every sunday.

First church of Hitler when?

C rank.
Just resetting my skills now.

It's probably for the best, really.

I have the Oera Linda somewhere in my book shelf
I could try preaching it sunday afternoon if I had the autism and slept early
I think I also got the gnostic bible somewhere, let me see how many esoteric books I got and I could maybe think up something

I'm Diogenes, where do you want to meet

Trying to shill shitty fake books when God says be good and fuck the traitorous Jews.

Lets say the moon gate in Tir Chonail

lets see books I got are: Gnostic bible, Oera Linda, a copy of the bible in Swedish that I once found in a half price book store, The actual Mabinogi, Morte D'Arthur and Hermetic Traditions by Evola.

I wonder what should be preached

oh, I also got the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and On the Jews and Their Lies.

Unfortunately I am only versed in the New World Translation version of the bible. Raised as a Jehova's witness it seems fairly accurate minus the whole debate around Kyrious being being used as a translation for Jehovah in the New Testament.

so thaat marks out the swedish bible.
I didn't even know what language it was until much later.
it has some interesting things in it like the fact it was almost 100 years old, had some dead leaves and newspaper clippings that made no sense, I know I still have those clippings somewhere, and they were in english , strange enough

Tried to join smug from the guild stone but you guys were full. Guess I just gotta wait?

Hands up or you're gonna get it

The New World Translation is an odd thing, where translators aren't fully accredited according to (((Wikipedia)). (IE not everyone degrees in a Hebrew language)

Yeah we're working on expanding still

I'm considering Oera Linda.
It's monotheistic and sounds Fantasy enough to be used for a sermon.
the mabinogion stories would be longer to type and would leave no room to preach about the evil of elves.
now all I gotta do is find clothes that make me look like a priestess

Is "bird drops you stuff" common thing in Japanese MMOs or did Net-juu no susume reference this game?

I don't know truthfully, Jehova's witness's had a good starting path when it came to God's teachings. Then crapped out by saying to abandon those who turned their back to God. My Dad was an Elder but I preferred his interpretation of never abandoning those who left Go's flock and always reach out to them like Jesus who sat with those considered unclean to bring them back to God's light.

Net-juu no susume is based on Mabinogi and the official servers had a crossover event for the anime airing
in one of the scenes at the convinience store they flash the official Mabinogi logo

Net-juu was mostly refrencing mabinogi. alot of the stuff in that game reminded me alot of the mabi.

Anyway to increase text/menu size? Text is very tiny.

I thought the religion was Lymilark

we're Millitians, the ones who will then replace the Tuatha Dé Danann, it is only natural that we overtake their churches.

My mom is Jehova's witness's and tried to turn me into that, the ones abandoned are those who turn their back to God after they get their bapthism, since that is kind of an oath of abandoning your old impure self to devote yourself to God by acepting and learning from the true teachings and so far is not exactly something eternal, the person has to show that has trully changed and is greatly regretful of their behavior

It sickens me that on their version there's no hell, just people that are agains't God just… well… cease to exist, is not like i like hell, but… i want my free will goddammit, without that videogames wouldn't be a thing

On mabinogi they sold a chair where your character is shown playing Mabinogi , so you could be a NEET while being a NEET, they also added other stuff

Trying to enter dungeon and get error messages in Japanese

If you want the divine knights busting your ass with the power of Aton Cimeni, given that one of their dialogues is that they have been watchig you fap

Some other player there figured it out, apparently instead of "any item" you need to drop dungeon pass.

wait a minute i've seen that hentai before

A true hero

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I'll try that when I get home tomorrow. Thank you!

So in the servers current state is it impossible for humans to use knuckles? Cause that is rather disappointing.

I've been a human using knuckles for a while now; i just don't get a special skill category for them like swords, axes, and clubs do.

Oh shit really? I gotta find a vendor. Thanks bud.

hmmm

Thanks for trying to help lads, but in the end it didn't even matter.

Me and Soathe are stuck on a section of G1 where you have to solo Ciar basic for a ring. Neither of us are ready for that at all.

Also the dungeon in nekojima is hard as shit and we had to play really passively to get any progress and still ended up not finishing it.

You can try bringing in a pet with auto attack so it gets a bunch of the agro while you get the chance to windmill them all

All pets have auto attack, just say "Aggro!" and theyll hit any bastard they see.

Nice pantsu

D I S C O R D
Anyone want to raft?

Why does it take so long?

i have a solution, quit your job, finish bayonetta and burn MHW.

fug i meant that i have only one work day where I can actually get on while everyone else is. All my other shifts are during peak guild time. Am a literal retard.

i'm saving money for a trip. It's a necessary suffering.
I don't think I could.

At least Bayonetta I can pick up/put down after each chapter, so that makes it easy to keep it juggled.

We need another one for the dragon raft event so connect and come do some rafting.

Oh fug didnt mean to reply

Yoz, right? I was suggested to kick you from the guild for the time being to get GP from someone who has more time. Do you care?

I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT CUCKED BY MABINOGI-CHAN

teleport to avon if you want to do the albey gem dungeons

Why the fuck did you ban the GM? What the fuck are you doing, mods?

What happened?

Guild leader/OP got banned for no reason. Rule 8, which makes no sense.

there was a gm here?

no, user meant OP

a post about rafting was deleted, rafting is an ingame event that started today

Ideals were easier to complete than I thought they'd be on a private server. Paladin soon!

I think it's worth mentioning is that since the private server is based on the japanese version, we don't have KANG diversity.

It was pretty odd to see those NPCs not BLACKED, but nice as well

I don't understand who this is to appeal to.

That BLACKED Manus looks so fucking silly with that european haircut and thin lips.
I think the blacked bebhinn is okay

I wouldn't mind black NPCs but that kind of BLACKED is just stupid.

dark bebhinn is perfect as a literal sperm bank

>breeding with that ratchet ho

>not colonizing her womb

>colonizing ratchet wombs
They didn't colonize africa because there was nothing to be gained. It's a barren shithole, save for some mines, which they already have control over. No need to waste any more resources on fruitless savanna.

It's also worth mentioning that the localization was so lazy that Manus' description still mentioned his long, braided hair.

Course I never noticed that. Were those the only two NPCs BLACKED or is there more I should know of? Though I guess it don't really matter since those are the only ones I know of. It's just fine

they were the only BLACKED npcs, because for some reason America can't have something without having at least one nigger in their stories.
at least 4kids tried to fix that by removing melanin from niggers in anime

Reminder that Elves are the master race because you can't make black elves but you can make black humans and giants.

I think black elves are enabled on this server, if I remember correctly.

You'd think they'd be tanned at the least living in a desert and all. Though it could be elf magic bullshit too. All the more reason to bully them

I think the lore states the giants hate elves because elves took Connous away from them or something, although it's not entirely clear or confirmed. Could be that they're not native and used to the desert sun and are thus pale.

Elves had to live in caves for generations after Connous got nuked and turned into a desert or something like that.

Oh that's right, the entirety of Iria got nuked. That's also why Physis is in a nuclear winter.

Well that makes much more sense since I never really got too far in the official servers to really get into the story. Elves will still be bullied and giants are great

fun on a bun in a dun(geon)

I read that as ara neet-chan, which is fine too.

Why does Asska look like she's about to execute Shotasucks?

You can see it in his face. He has accepted his fate.

Why anyone would want to hurt mini johnny bravo goes beyond shit taste

For kyoupon
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Generation_1:_Advent_of_the_Goddess_(Pre-Genesis)#RP_Quest_-_Succubus

why do this to yourself? those two don't mix.

presumably to be the only mage giant on the entirety of the server

giants are so dumb, so low in intelligence, that they don't even know they're too dumb for magic

I saw another giant mage, so I wouldn't be the only one, but I will be the best.

Because I hate myself.

pls no bully

Who wouldn't want a ditzy giant girl chasing her dreams and casting lightning down on enemies? Also can someone explain why goblins drop so many apples? It really does help with doing dunbarton church jobs but still

Fugg

There's other good spots for leveling windmill. Other alchemists is good for bosses and maybe awful but for it to be optimal you want to one shot the enemies ideally with your weapons. Ghosts of partholon is good for slightly lower ranked mobs if you need the beat multiple powerful foes objectives but this mission tends to have annoying shamans with their lightning and blinkers who will either waste your nao revives or waste your hp potions with their hp drain beam. Two-shotting the blinkers with windmill is ideal if you hurry to em. Tir na nog has zombies with high levels of combat powers so if you only have windmill upgraded, the zombies should still be boss ranked in the level 5x's

How do I find those zombies? I only have windmill upgraded.

Even if he wants boss levels seems like shadow missions are full for the weekend

you'll need to do Advent of The Goddess and get far before getting access to them

G1 pass, housing flyers, or get someone to ferry you over

Yes. I do care, but, I understand that there's a backlog of people trying to get into the guild as well, who likely have much more time on their hands to contribute GP as well. Time that, even if I did drop the other games, I still couldn't match because of my work schedule compared to someone who is either NEET or only works 1-3 days a week. I'm simply not as committed as the rest of you as things are now.

For the time being then, in the best interest of the guild, kick me. Perhaps once Smug expands a good deal more I'll be able to come back, or at least if my work hours get cut.

Tfw I've been a neet for three years and I made more progress on mabi when I was doing school fulltime with a part time job than I have the past three years.

I think I talk to Redire using Skills keyword, fuck if I can remember.

Nevermind, here's the old page for this questline. wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Paladin_Passive_Defense_Quest

fuck

i'm around for alby rp if you need someone still, i'll be at rabbie rp myself in not too long

I have to do it too, but I got to do this thing at work really quick.

Hit me up, i'm Vodkamancer

Will the people pushing disagreement kindly kill themselves? Jesus fucking christ.

i still wish we had a mumble, but at least i'm in the guild for chat now

Unless you have 512kB/s DSL, you can throw murmur on a white box from 2004 and host your own.

my upload is less than that yes, i have something i could use as a standalone server though

>Finish it at a slow pace because 8chanmania
I'm not even mad, this kind of autistic shit is my kink. Will i actually defeat the boss though?

The answer is ____

you can just use your daily bombs to kill it if it's too hard

I always forget those are a thing

:^) fresh cancerous oc

Any giants or elves want to run Maiz with me? I want to collect the Gargoyle parts for the transformation quest. The dungeon is a bit too hard for me to do it alone, even one more person would be a great help. I plan on doing the glowing gargoyle dungeon with as many giants/elves as possible so we can all get our beast/falcon quest progress.

There's only 4 spells you should learn

Whoops. Forgot to add my ign. Add and message me in game if you are interested.
Asska

Well shit. The game flickers on the starting cutscene and flickers between loading the models and has them all disappear on every other frame including the hud making the game unplayable in my windows 7 vm. What do I do?

Are you playing in windowed mode?

In the game? No I don't know how.

Not the user you're talking to, but if you, or anyone else on the thread, wants to play on windowed mode, just press ALT + Enter.

You can thank me later.

It's like this for every frame. Not pictured is a frame where everything disappears.

Alt-enter works with every window on windows OS', though.

There's too many people who don't know.

depends on your version of the word works, adding -W to the shortcuts works with most windows and most games too.
dx9 shells are weird like 100% of the time in terms of when they want to work

How long do I have to wait for that owl to give me the quest to pick up the book the land of eternity, tir na nog

the quest seems to be a little bugged so it might take up to a day.
i'm pretty sure i got it the day after for some reason, although you could try relogging

in this older version of G1, you can only get the book from aeira every other real life day

i miss linux bro, my game works fine in a vm; i just want to make it work on my phone and i'm lazy

On your phone you say?

tell me your secrets

I'm not even an elf you fuck. God I have never been so offended in my life.

Hold on, so there is ANOTHER giant that's going mage? And its a female?

My hair turns wavy after it grows past my neck and then curly after it grows a little past the shoulders

I think that i landed on the 7th circle of bullshit

My bad, it's 0xc0150002

Better than the 0xc0000005 I'm getting. It worked fine in the weekend. Fucking computers.

FUCKING KNIFE EARS.
GET OUT

Is attacking powerful groups bugged, I just WM at least 4 corrupted alchmist and 3 grey golems and I didn't get a pip for attacking several powerful enemies.

At least you didn't have constant ddl pop ups random crashes and blue screens when you tried to play anything rendered in 3d.
Its all okay now, I bought parts made in this decade.

♫~Let's mabi together~♫

Ohhh ohhh~♫

Whoever thought guild member count should be a grinded "feature" needs to be fucking roped and hung.

If you say I need to join disagreement I will fucking hunt each and everyone one of you down

fug

At least neither of you had to deal with around a 5 hour download to get first the Win32 incompatibility, then another two hours of splitting the files into .rar moving it from the notebook to the computer, putting the installer together again, installing, updating and at the end just get cucked by the game with it's 0xc0150002

are you the kiwi?

I don't think so

Game just crashed close to the end of Karu.
Is anyone willing to help out? I can't be fucked running through that shit hole alone again.

Just don't level windmill anymore, take a break and level other things. Or pick up a lifeskill.

Art by Shuri.

once the game uncrashes, I'll join

Neat, thanks

I'd come help you out but I'm about to pass out. Sorry buddy.

A blue and a green merc. quite dynamic

It's alright, people are coming to help

powerful enemies means [strong] enemies. Those guys are probably [boss]. very powerful is [awful].

That's me.

Solo grinding windmill is a pain in the ass though I'd be keen to do some of the quests for some more levels. We're both at 24 so we should be a decent match.

THIS IS JUST LIKE ZELDO OCARINO OF TIME

It's not so bad.
Whats up with that moon

Nao is watching you

[spoiler]
do you guys have a disagreement server?
can i join?
[/spoiler]

We don't. The mabipro guys do. Join their server if you're such a disagreementfag.

I'll say. from 12 to 9, I've been punching trees. not one apple, but I got about 25 berries.

we have a disagreement server from the redchannit days
disagreement gg/2F3EEks

Thanks a ton to everyone that helped out.

Apple trees are specific trees

Did the fucking composition book drop?

cute

How do you hide names and shit when you cap screens?

CTRL +N

ctrl+n
I press \ to disable the UI

fugg

I want to fuck shuri

We guard duty now

me too. those thighs are delicious

after much struggle, the thicc crusaders managed to massacre all the hobgoblins and learn the charge skill

:^)

DELET

Train magic mastery to rank 8, or save those ap points for Music Theory..

Rakka, I have more silver gems, if you need them.

I'd say magic since Shota seems to be the piano man; depends on the AP costs, though.

If you're up for jam session memes then rank up those music skills. Otherwise magic if you want to actually do something.

Fuck this part of the quest.

Is this the power of people who spam me heart stickers?

Does the shadow mission that has pink grumbills not exist in this version? You could get the ice spear page you need off them.

A good chunk of that will be animal parts from karu.

doing that solo takes me thirty minutes average, and I don't really want to force anyone to help me through it.

I'd help out but I'm about to head to bed. If I see you on tomorrow and you still need it we can give it a shot then.

Flying swords only regen when hit with magic. Gotta use range or melee or a strong enough mage to 1hit them

anyone want it? wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Graceful_Helmet

Also why waste nao in a dungeon when you can revive at the goddess statue? Save naos for quests or shadow missions where you dont get the goddess support.

We're a long way from Texas…

who's up for some dungeoneering in Ciar?

Yeah someone else grabbed the helmet. Probably should've mentioned that earlier. Sorry man

C-can I join? I'm only level 27…

sure, what's your ign?

I'm only level 30.
And I'm a giant mage

I've got a basic pass if you've got no pass

Criceto

ah, I know you.
come along.

Send it to Shizu. I hate this helmet that covers most of my hair and face.

I meant for the Int that's with the skill.

How do I give this nigger his slice of cake

I love how everyone has "their color"

The hell robe is that giant wearing?

kamen rider

whoa

it was a fun dungeoneer run, guys.

pls send help

I am now officially better than you guys :^)

It's not a robe.

In case anyone is interested, there's a dragon at maiz prairie at the human mark

please I need help with this gay G1 quest

What do you need?

the rp quest thing where you need 3 people

I will stick to my shirtless jacket.

did you have to resort to disagreement?

I helped this guy out

thanks fam

No, it's a pub made at Dunby.

Beautiful.

Is anyone running any dungeons?

What dungeons?

yes

That was my bad, I was asking what dungeons do you want to do. I'd be up for peaca

I'm up for anything, except right now I got booted and now I'm having trouble getting back into the game.

I was grinding windmill for the past two days and now I want to start leveling blacksmith for a change of pace.

What's the best way to do it?

Will it take 8 years to level?

I'm assuming starting as a smith would be suicide, so are you supposed to start as an archer and immediately start smithing even though you aren't getting double training? And because of the DEX failure thing, this will still be quicker than if you had waited to rebirth into a smith?

I thought I had deselected those pics, oh well. Guess I'll ask

Try checking your screenshot folders.

2 more windmill ranks and i'll ignore actively grinding this fucking skill.

Depends on a few things.
Blacksmithing depends on using other life skills for making materials. Weaving to make braids, leather straps, fabric, and silk. Refining to make ingots. Mining and Metallurgy to gather ore. And a whole shit ton of patience to farm monsters for leather since mabi doesn't have a goddamn skinning skill for gathering leather.

Various things can make this easier. Doing Edern's part time jobs (this alone can get you to r9 iirc), relying on friend's who have ranked the above skills to make the mats you need (be nice and provide the basic mats for them to use, namely ore, cob webs, and wool.) Or you can just gradually rank these up over a long period of time as you slowly build up a supply of materials from monster drops.

Wait, are archers not meant to bother with windmill at all? Thank god if so.
Anyway, archers are meant to train refining for the dex bonus it provides. It's easiest if you do it early because your dex is still low at the start, which influences your success rate in using the skill. The stupid part is that you need to succeed but also fail refining ores to level up the skill, so it can become really frustrating if your success rate is like 80% but you want it to fail. Increasing your dex is easier than decreasing it, so the sooner you do it the better.

To refine you need ores; to get those ores you either have to go mining or do metallurgy, the latter being more room and time efficient but also being a seperate skill you have to rank up. I've spent the past week on and off leveling up both metallurgy and refining and am close honestly probably another day or two to getting them both to rank 1.
Advice I can give is to abuse the reset at the village mayor so you can reinvest your skills. I tend to reinvest them if I want to do combat for a while and then reset and do my life skills. You can do it as many times as you want until level 100.
Get one title that boosts and one that drains your dex. There's also gear and cooked meals that change stats, but I haven't managed to get a hold of either. Also invest in inventory space, you will fucking need it.

Smithing is a separate skill for which you need the ingots you get via refining. It's not really worth the investment stat wise from what I've read. It's better for people who actually want to make heavy armor and melee weapons, which are useless to me as an elf archer. I'm just passing the ingots I make to someone else.

The whole thing was a bit confusing to me at first, but it's not that bad once you get into it. If you want help with it, I can show you the ropes.

Different computer at this point. I might give it a look some time though.

Fugg, was meant for

Depends if youre human or elf. If you're human, I would say train combat in tandem with range. If you're elf then I'd say focus on range (counter, defense, and combat mastery are still necessary no matter your main class tho) I'm over 6k on the nexon server and only have r9 windmill. I main mage, alch, and chains tho

Okay, that sounds fair enough. I was afraid I'd have to go straight from refining to training WM like a lunatic. Elves seem to get a completely cucked version of the skill anyway.

Thanks for the advice. I would have never figured out the skill reinvestment thing. Do you have to retrain your skills after you reset them? I don't see the point if so, unless you only reset combat skills so you can dump the AP into refining.

Are there any skills other than refining and windmill that are easier to train at low levels?

I haven't installed the game yet. I might take you up on that later if I can't figure it out myself.

>elf
I was planning on making one too.

Send help.

Training persist if you've ranked a skill up. You can rank it back up to what it was before after resetting, but the progress to the next rank is lost, so keep that in mind. I don't know of any other skill that's easy and useful, but you can always pick up whatever you feel like doing. There's plenty of options.

I can show you what tools you need and where it's best to gather when you start out. Don't forget to make a human first though, even if you don't play them they can be an alt or a mule. You can get an elf and giant assist card with them, but not vice versa.
I think I'm the only elf in the guild so far. Get used to the bullying.

i'm coming to beat up a black man

NIGGER

I see, that's nice.
I meant, are there any other skills that get hard as fuck to train later on.
Aren't you allowed to make multiple accounts though?
I am prepared to be bullied.

Windmill is really the only one thats difficult *and* needs to be worried about because it relies on hitting multiple enemies and cp. Most skills that are hard af to train are life skills, healing (just takes a while mostly), enchanting, or skills that aren't on this server.

some of the magic skills have annoying last ranks if i remember right, but you don't get access to those right away anyway

This is what I meant, thanks.

I don't know but making a human allows you to have more bank inventory. But if you don't care, which won't matter unless you plan to have fifty outfits, just make your elf.

We're going dragon boating, read event, if you need a ride over just ask.

OK sold. I know you can change your appearance on rebirth, so now I just have to worry about crippling player name decision autism for the mule

Anyone up for Ciar Intermediate?

Will I survive as a lvl 35?

Genericnotelf

Pretty sure you can't use spaces or capitalize after the first letter.

Yarr harr don't fucking steer!

new thread
Make copies for yourself

Edern's PTJs aren't in this version,

What did he mean by this?