Game design degree

why do people pay for such degrees?

Why do people make such threads?

To work at EA and Ubisoft

because they've been groomed they need a degree to get a career, and because they're dumb as shit and fell for the meme course because they like games

They have nothing better to do with their lives?

Because people think going to college = success
Also shit thread

Kill yourself, you fucking low effort negative IQ frogposting underage faggot.

Because they don't know how fucking awful it is to actually work in the videogame industry

so they can design games, duh

Why do people make such threads?

>>>/cuckchan/

I took one of these courses for 2 years hoping to get some programming knowledge.
I didn't get any so I transferred to another gymnasium, to be honest I liked the people there, for once I was actually among other gamers like me but alas I didn't come for friends.

Degree

To get an easy job reviewing games for a journo website, magazine or tv program idk, easy shit, or if you hit the jackpot you can just end behind a desk taking decisions just because someone took for granted your degree.

To make diverse games user!

back in 2005 I started down a path of "game design" at the ol community college. It was just a 2 year degree with no real path to take it further in a university for a bachelor's if I wanted…
At that time though, it did have classes in programming in C++ and such…
So I just switched to something stronger, Computer Engineering.

I still don't have a job in video games but I feel as though if I were spending time making games I wouldn't really give a shit to play them.
Also, I wouldn't survive in today's climate of insufferable cunts. Could you imagine having to actually spend 40 to 60 hours a week with the likes of people who infest the cubicles of modern game development companies in the west?

Successful people make their own companies.

This.

degree

Ah but I've been posting on *chan boards since 2004.
I was never ever going to be successful.

For the industry connections
Why do you think people who have nonprofessional art career/work for nearly a decade go to Cal Farts

this tbqhwyf

Because Americans have fetishized College and University. No longer is it a place for the elite, the learned, the wealthy and the aristocratic, but it is as a second high school. It's not higher education at all.

College has literally never been a place for "higher education" It's for specialization or establishing connections in the industry.

degree

No idea tbh, I know someone paying £9k a year (about 12.5k in burgerbux) for a 3 year game design course, his teacher hasn't ever played video games before and only knows basic programming stuff.

It has never been a place for higher education tbh

The tweet is real, but the image was made as a joke and is not indicative of GDC.

Prove it.

No, those are fraternal organizations. Freemasonry used to be the dominant way connections were made among those worthy, wealthy and righteous men sharing an industry or trade.

Maybe it is time to stop

Because they're niggers.

i'd breathe her farts

You'd breathe any farts you slut

Go back to >>>Holla Forums nigger

Who knew that "women in stem" meant "a bunch of dumb broads with dyed hair who want to make the next flappy bird but will end up sucking dick behind the liquor store"?

Fuck off peasant, your uneducated lot ruined it for the rest of us.

Fuck it, time to dump

I want a break from this shithole anyway, cuckchan keeps flooding in and MArk boy does ntohing about it.

But nigga I need that shitty paper to get a better paying job

Think for five seconds, please.

Why would he want it user?

You’re 100% retarded.

Really makes you think.

Shit-tier fetish. Fat is even worse than flat.

Think for FIVE seconds.

source? It looks familiar

I knew Holla Forums was coming to other boards, but goddamn your homosexuality is off the charts.

I am user, besides being on a shady deal with Jim for more users = more revenue I can't see anything.

Then make another board you retarded cuckchanner

He could always move to endchan
Masterchan is the best imageboard

I have, just waiting for the right moment to shill

I came here from Masterchan you fuck, it's an even bigger shithole.
or maybe not, this one is far gone nowadays

No you didn't you faggot nigger, you completely forgot that people make their own boards here until I mentioned it

I know m8, I used it back in '14 before coming here
I have no idea how it is today tho

I claimed a domain a time back
Yeah, I forgot about a staple of the board and what happened to /svidya/.
Stay an overly agressive retard

Is it still pedo central?

Seems like they've changed the domain, but yeah it is.
Though if you go full ancap it's more hebe central (^;