New Warcraft III Patch

So today nu-Blizzard announced a brand new patch for WCIII that's currently in PTR.

They're adding;
>Native 16:9 Widescreen Support
>24 Player Limit
>World Editor Upgrades
They're also pushing some esports shit, but who cares about that.

I feel like all this is long overdue, however I'm looking forward to the brief revival of interest it will bring the game for a few weeks, will be able to experience old custom games again.
24 man tree/sheep tag, castle fight and footies, boys will this be the next game night?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/njkX22gb
mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware-iso/slackware-14.2-iso/
battle.net/account/management/download/
slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/system/wine/
bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=8866&action=diff
github.com/pvpgn/pvpgn-server
pvpgn.pro/download/d2gs
us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula
makemehost.com/games.php
ghostpp.com/forum/
ghostpp.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
code.google.com/archive/p/ghostplusplus/downloads
github.com/Josko/aura-bot/
ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/pc/War3TFT_127b_English.exe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dropped

Serious question, please answer.
What does your job pay per hour? How many hours a week do you get?

Mana bar display is massively overdue. 24 player limit is fucking legit. That's gonna change a lot of shit. Looks like they generally tried to up the specs for modding. Could be good. I remember playing a lot of good maps back in the day. But I haven't played WC3 since before the BNET changes though. Can you clue me in on what the fuck they did to BNET there?

kys you underage niglet. WC3 is a classic.

HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF! It was decent. The online creations made by the players is what it is remembered for.

Are they adding more Social Justice and some kind of thought monitoring made by (((Tigole))) too?

Holy fucking shit this is big, and worrisome. I'm wondering how much of a clusterfuck this will be and if the engine will even support it as anyone who's played a good amount of custom maps will know if the map is overloaded with units, the game will lag and pathing will break.
This will surely require new 24 player maps to be created so the vast majority of maps won't support it and the influx of new ones will be snail slow due to the dead community.

I never disagreed with you there, you rabid chimpanzee.

was
a classic.
Activision-Blizzard cashgrabs can't be defended.

Where is Warcraft 4? Where is Starcraft 3? Has Starcraft Remastered died? Has Blizzard lost the ability to make games entirely (like Valve) or can they still make sequels using the same stock engine (like EA or Ubisoft)?

Hopefully they'll never happen.

Do you really want a Warcraft 4 made by current year Blizzkike?

Daily reminder that there was a time when Heroes of Newerth was going to feature a custom map scene but the suits in charge decided to copy LoL monetization and started flipping their shit about the custom maps cutting into their profits so they mothballed it hardcore and resigned themselves to a mediocre payout. Vid related. Someone modded WC3 into Heroes of Newerth. The game had a really good map editor, but the entire custom scene was fucking wrecked by HoN suits. Their forum moderators would delete your threads if you tried to get a custom map off the ground.

I agree however if you're a big share holder or some executive then isn't fucking obvious to make sequels? How can they justify not doing it from the business point of view? How do the various people in charge keep their jobs?

What is shows is that they have been so destroyed by politics and SJW shit that they can no longer make games. It is like a film studio no longer making films.

Why is no one else making RTS anymore? Could it be it's too complex and out of fashion for the current gaymer generation? They've been so successful after the RTS period, they don't have to look back.

Please don't do a graphics overhaul.

So we're gonna be getting some Xbox huge maps then?

Marketers are convinced the RTS genre is dead and no one plays it anymore. Every time a company releases a new RTS it tends to fail hard, proving there is no market. The fact that new RTS all tend to be awful trash with bad hybrid genre mechanics is woefully besides the point. RTS is dead, I tell you! We did nothing wrong! It was the market's fault! And the marketers will agree that if the games don't sell the market must not be there.

Also RTS is a PC-only genre and all the game companies are going multi-plat or console.

Market would rather play mobage-tier trash, and it doesn't help the market is now primarily korean and chinese. Us baka gaijin gwailo mutts have to suffer from this monolithic amount of shit.

I agree, they better not fucking touch a damn thing.

You're assuming Blizzard still has the talent (and is willing to pay for it) to actually develop games. It's much cheaper to hire retards to expand on existing projects and develop new ways to nickel and dime players.

That said, it's a bit of an odd business move to suddenly start developing for Warcraft 3 if they didn't have plans for it in the future. I can totally see it appearing on Battle.net 2.0 as a re-release. (Of course with support for all existing maps.)

RTS isn't a casual-friendly genre. It was just popular back then because building shit was fun, but most people don't know how to play the actual fucking game.

Various limits in the world editor have been raised.
Some of these were already available with a hacked world editor (like map size, which was increased from 256x256 to 480x480), whilst others are new (max food increased from 300 to 999).
What's also nice is that Blizzard finally went off their fucking asses and implemented jass natives for things that should've existed a decade ago. It is now finally possible to do amazing things such as:

I do wonder if its possible to pull off a rts thats more simcity than gookclick-tier autism while still maintaining a reasonable depth of combat. All while not being fucking civ in the process.

I haven't played in years but I do like the sounds of having fuckhuge maps with fuckhuge wc2 battle.

It's going to be fucking wonderful, lads.
It's going to be such a fucking mess that going Archmage first as a human will no longer feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot.

Also, does anyone here still play ranked or custom maps for fun?
That "New and Improve Map Pool" better let me filter out the dota shit.

I think they're aware of the lukewarm reception of SC1's remaster.
What a complete waste that was.

They've been patching it a lot these last few years.
If anything, they're probably testing the waters with this and the Starcraft remake for a possible WC4.
Last I heard, it was rumoured it would continue the story of WoW from some point, making the entirety of WoW canon.

Forced competitive play for regular players was a mistake.

Total War?

AoE?

So what actually changed about the world editor, and do I have to download the updated version from Battle.net?

You can't even begin to understand the carnage I shall cause.

Did they ever fix that half second to a second delay that Blizzard implemented on Battle.net?
>yfw Blizzard's new patch changes the single player campaign retroactively to fix problematic content and to line it up with WoW-lore.

wew, guess I don't pay much attention to the genre much anymore. Appreciate the input.

Pretty sure that's for melee games.
Oh boy now I realize there's going to be so many colors, people probably won't know what to call each other.

This isn't going to be comp, theres more than enough time to call someone by their tag, even if its xXxD4rkS3ph1er0ph420xXx.

Whether that works depends on how the engine actually handles it.
Warcraft 3 already had issues with custom maps that had excessive units. If there were too many units on screen, the models would glitch out and render incorrectly. If there's too many units, then the units get to path-find in turn, meaning that building a fuckton of units always slows them to a crawl.

They're referring to ladder you dumbo.

Yeah they did last june. From the 1.28.3 patch notes:
If you still have high latency then that's just the shitty pajeet host as usual.

They wouldn't do that. In the Warcraft movie, as shit as it was, the lore was completely separate from WoW and followed the earlier games. I think they understand the audience for War1-3 and WoW is different, so they'll keep the continuity separate.

I think they removed the input delay last patch, but I haven't played it for a while.

hmm

Holy shit. Thats actually cool. Too bad they haven't/won't do it for their older games like WC2 or SC1. You'd think they would try it first with those but I don't know what they're thinking.
The WC3 editor was pretty good as is, for an RTS game. So this will either be good or shit.
Lets see, it came out in 2002 and TFT came out in 2003, so its been, what 15 years to implement this.
What the fuck is this supposed to be?
Oh they removed clans at some point? Wew, good job blizz, you really know how to alienate an audience.
"Oh I guess we ought to change the meta after ten fucking years."
Are you fucking serious?! Are they retarded? IT ALREADY RUNS ON MACS What the fuck do they need a "Mac Client" for? Did everyone who worked on WC3 up and leave? Did they not keep ANY documentation for their old games around? Oh ait, this is Blizz we are talking about, the Apple of Video Games. So of course they don't even know their old software nor do they even have any around to keep it going because "its too old," bullshit.
Wew, dust off those old metal boxes in the back, gotta run a PTR for a game we don't even give a shit about anymore.

This actually happened in TGstation with electronic wires, it went from 10 distinct colors to 50.

I wonder if the badass map creators of ye olde times will return to make some fun new maps.

Shit can you imagine if dota was a 12v12 instead of a 6v6?

Fuck off shill

Yes because it is often played as 10v10, it sucks just the same as 5v5

PLEASE FUCKING NO

bumpin and repostan a guide i made a while back for private bnet server.

pastebin.com/njkX22gb

Diablo 2 private server installation guide v1 -by 8/v/ doom2/diablo2 user last upated: 10/3/2016 pre-requirements: ----------------- -32bit linux (or Windows with 32bit compatibility) -Diablo 2 / LoD assets (ie, the installed MPQs, DLLs, EXEs, INIs) -WINE (with patched sock.c) -SQL server (mysql/mariadb/postgres) -PvPGN source (or Windows appropriate binaries) -D2GS Windows binaries -general linux ability (eg, navigate, edit, compile) current system / file information used for this guide: ------------------------------------------------------ -Slackware 14.2 (32bit) available from: mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware-iso/slackware-14.2-iso/ -Diablo 2 / Lord of Destruction available from: *non/scurv/ link for people with legit CD install problems battle.net/account/management/download/ -WINE 1.8.3 with build script from: slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/system/wine/ -WINE sock.c patch from: bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=8866&action=diff -PvPGN v.1.99.7.1-PRO available from: github.com/pvpgn/pvpgn-server -D2GS 1.13d-build01 available from: pvpgn.pro/download/d2gs installation: ------------- Step 1) untar/bzip WINE, and manually apply patch to wine/server/sock.c: Step 2) tar/bzip WINE, move it to its SlackBuilds directory, and run the build script Step 3) install the WINE slackbuild package found in /tmp/ Step 4) untar/gzip pvpgn, make the build directory, and edit the cmake config to build WITH_MYSQL. Step 5) cmake, make, then make install pvpgn Step 6) edit the following path/etc/pvpgn/bnetd.conf settings appropriately: storage_path = "sql:mode=mysql;host=hostname;name=user;pass=pass;default=0;prefix=pvpgn_" track = 0 servername = "diablo 2" Step 7) add a realm to path/etc/pvpgn/realm.conf with your IP for d2cs: "Name" "d2 server for anons" yourip:6113 Step 8) edit the following path/etc/pvpgn/d2cs.conf settings appropriately: realmname = Name servaddrs = yourip:6113 gameservlist = yourip bnetdaddr = yourip:6112 motd = “optional info” Step 9) edit the following path/etc/pvpgn/d2dbs.conf settings appropriately: servaddres = yourip:6114 gameservlist = yourip Step 10) unrar D2GS to the same directory as your Diablo 2 assets Step 11) run wine regedit, import d2gs.reg, and edit the following keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/D2Server/D2GS: D2CSIP = yourip D2DBSIP = yourip EnableGSLog = 0 (optional, D2GS makes big logz) EnableNTMode = 0 (optional, runs D2GS.exe as Windows service) MaxGames = 100 (*defaults to 1 so remember to change this!) MOTD = “optional info” Step 12) create SQL db and grant privileges (db and user info from Step 6) Step 13) start the daemons in the following order (check logs): *in Windows you may need to allow firewall access per app on first run. **the linux user running bnetd/d2cs/d2dbs needs r/w permissions to the **path/etc/pvpgn and path/var/pvpgn directories. a) bnetd (will create db tables very first run) b) d2cs c) d2dbs d) wine D2GS.exe Step 666) run Diablo 2 client and join the modified gateway to kill Diablo *client setup outside the scope of this guide

Being gay is a choice you make every day. Stop choosing to be gay.

Sir may I direct you to invest into some Shredders?

ruh-roh

Why does the Warcraft font look like a ripoff of Warhammer?

Where the fuck is Warcraft 4 already?
Also DAOW was the best custom map.
Also that one were you are all elemental wizards and you nuke the competition and dodge was awesome.

Tl;dr devs should provide tools for players to easily create their own content (without programming), because there are gems created that employees can't imagine.

'cause Blizzard wanted to make a warhammer game but couldn't buy the rights.

because it is

I can only imagine the possibilities if the early WoW expansions were made open source.

They've already came out and stated that whatever you create in SC2, they own. Regardless how much you fight them about it. I'm assuming they'll do the same with this due to how dota 2 slipped out from them.

As great as this is, a dev improving their game waaaaay past it's sell by date, it really is about 10 years too late.

The playerbase has long since moved on, the last patch they put out broke alot of maps that never got fixed, this will end up breaking more.

There are so many MMO's and other games that would be so much better if they were released to the public with dev tools (no programming required). Heil Copyleft Comrade, when will you accept the Lord of Holla Forums Stallman-sama as your savior?

There's still about 10k people playing regularly and there is always a chance interest will reignite if things get improved.

Last I checked 5 years ago it was empty bot lobbies.

No one was playing any good custom maps.

last time I checked ages ago, it was all DOTA, and the genre had ceased innovating. Julien's DOTA/MRPG was cool, imagine DOTA but with a wayyy bigger map, and side-questing. There were one or two DAOW games too but took forever to fill a game.

I still have not found a better open world RPG than one of the custom maps in WC3. Probably because all devs ruin there games by pandering to whales and the lowest common denominator.

People are mostly playing ranked but there is an occasional custom match every now and then.
Also, bots are pretty much mandatory so you wouldn't have to do port forwarding or other bothersome shit.
Until Blizz fixes their shit, that is.

Just one of those things, a lot of the good map makers moved on and no one wanted to make more.

Never knew it had an active ranked community. The things is, the bots pretty much killed it imo, a game full of seemingly empty lobbies doesn't make a good presentation of how active it is.

Piss off user, all games should have their source code released at least 5 years after being published. If you disagree, you're a cocksucking homo.

That's a rude way to agree with someone

Look at the second half of that faggot's post. He's obviously talking shit about OSS in favour of those fucking faggot companies holding on and milking decades old code.

I interpreted it as him trying to make an ernest point but being a shitty little memester. I suppose it could be satire, but I'd assume he's just well meaning and semi-retarded.

How about fixing mod support for D2 ya fucking bucket of hacks?

D2 never had mod support and you think they're going to work on that shit now?

That boat sailed a while back, NuBlizzard.

THEY'RE GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING

They didn't even bother to fix D3 let alone give Diablo a decent 25th anniversary. They pushed Diablo aside to fucking announce a fucking SocialJusticeWatch character being gay; that's right: Tracer being gay had more priority than Diablo turning 25.

Let that sink in for a moment.

user..

20, 25, whatever. Whole point is they pissed on Diablo for a fiction character's orientation nobody gave a fuck about.

fuck off back to /a/ you ichigofag. ichigo a SHIT

Is it really or are you just shitposting? Don't fuck with my heart like that faggot.

They started development as a Warhammer game but couldn't get a license from GW. GW has changed their company policy since and will now grant a game license to anyone who flashes them a wad of rolled up fivers.

Shitstorm is effectively dead only being active because of a few blizzdrones.
SocialJusticeWatch's e-sport "league" failed so bad that barely anyone knew it even happened.

Her name is Cocona.

Cool!

has studio nigger ever done anything original or worth caring about?

I still play this to this day. I never once played story mode and only played this for the custom games. check out ent gaming or make me host to find and host custom games

The what now who now?

they did ninja slayer.

ent gaming.net and MakeMeHost.come lets you find custom games to join and let you host them

meant to replay to this

looks pretty mediocre

I checked it out for 0.5 seconds and it looks like you can connect straight from browser? I'm usually up for WC3 normal and custom but I am rather bad. Also not right because its late.

that's an insult to mediocre things tbh.

That's true, I'd consider flip flappers mediocre but it was exceptional at times. I've yet to see anything studio trigger has made which is actually above a 4/10.

the way it works is it hosts the game from the website then you can join it on WC3. copy paste the game name find it. I really really hope this update put new blood into WC3 because its pretty much the same people in every game though it does depend on the game

Its not that there aren't people. Its that It really split up into different shit to connect with. I used Garena before (inb4 get bullied because something I don't know) and now when I get with friend we use game ranger (inb4 i get bullied for something i don't know)

Take it from a StarCraft veteran, there is no future for WC under the yoke of Blizzard.
There are still some great people who work there, but their talents are being wasted.
Upper management is only interested in selling DLC & implementing big data spyware to harvest and selling your personal information. Look at the EULA. Blizzard needs to die for SC, Diablo & WC to live.

Are we talkling about the Eula for starcraft or are you telling us to have a look at the new eula for the remastered edition?

You don't happen to have a screenshot of the EULA info in question, do you? Also super glad I went private servers for WoW, looks like my unwillingness to pay $15 a month saved me a lot of spying.

us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula
Ctrl+f "communications" Everything that is generated, including chat messages, maps, mods, you name it, everything belongs to Blizzard and may be sold or shared with third parties. They monitor third party programs and your memory, so who knows what they have access to. I haven't taken a closer look at their EULA for years and they literally change it every single month, so nobody really knows what terms they have agreed to, but here's a small excerpt:

Blizzard shall have the right to monitor and/or record your communications when you use the Platform, and you acknowledge and agree that when you use the Platform, you have no expectation that your communications will be private. Blizzard shall have the right to disclose your communications for any reason

The EULA is about as clear as legalese gets: You do not own anything, not the ingame credits, not the ingame/battle.net communications, not even the game itself which is only licensed to you.

What do you think they're trying to capture with this cover, m8

Holy crap. Glad I dumped them.
BLIZZARD NEVER EVER

So I think this will happen

Basically what said. Shitstorm bombed as an EEEESPORZ game, and not even Felicia "I hate nerds, and I'm not even a nerd" Day could save Shitstorm. SocialJusticeWatch still has players, but the EEESPORZ scene fell flat due to the faggotry, sjw-shit, and fuck-awful balance in the game. Kaplan made the game worse with his "less toxic" approach by forcing players to use metas and banning anyone over stupid shit like gg. Only the Sjw-Blizzcuck-shills still play Shitstorm and SocialJusticeWatch.

What's the word on the new shitty expansion? And how much leftist-sjw shit did they throw in it so far? I got a feeling NuBlizzard will probably go full ham on the leftist-sjw shi, as they're turning Sylvanas into a Dindu-Feminist-OneManArmy Hero who is always rigth and innocent cuz MUH FEMINISM AND MUH SOCIAL JUSTICE (despite she's an evil bitch).

I think this expansion will somehow top Legion for worst expansion (like how Legion topped WoD for worst expansion,and WoD topped MoP, and MoP topped Cata). The real question is how will BFA make things worse? Even Fat Boss was super iffy with the expansion reveal (they didn't seem too happy with Legion. No one was).

very little of what you just said was accurate. legion was well recieved, certainly better than WoD. sylvanas has shown no feminist leanings, she's a typical powermonger, her motivations at the moment are her own immortality and a form of undead (specifically forsaken) supremacy.

Does anybody have information on Legion's subscription numbers on hand? I found info for banilla through WoD when they stopped officially releasing numbers.
Can't believe the retards actually thought killing the talent trees in Cata would be a good idea. They deserved the cataclysm their subscription numbers took.

This sounds like you're just being monitored when you're on Battle.net or Blizzard App or whatever. This is common and basically means they can pull your chat logs and send 'em to the cops if, for instance, you say you're going to shoot up something. It's mostly CYA on their end to stave off lawsuits from idiots who think their ERP shit is private and try to sue when it gets leaked.

They're really low, but Blizz is making about the same amount of cash now as they did when WoW was at its peak. Why? Those upsell services - mounts, transfer, race change, pets, etc - they make yuge amounts of cash.

I always forget the names of some RPG custom maps.

There was some really creative ones that could let you save data and have higher tier classes to unlock.

Defiance ORPG and several others, there was a fuck ton
And they were quality RPGs two, not like the garbage you get today

Also is that Eula even legal? i mean its changing the terms and services of a product you bought and telling you if you disagree you should uninstall? Then it says you should return it to the people you bought it from for a refund, except i bought my versions more than a decade ago
Regardless Blizzard will just spam you with lawyers and hold the court case for years if not decades until you give up, its how they roll

Blizzard censorship is insanely strict. I remember they banned SC2 maps because units on the minimap could temporarily resemble swastikas in those square based tower defense maps.

That's another way of saying "all the time", because these are multiplayer games.
They do sell your user data and they generate more money by selling your information than they make from the game itself, which is why the only reason why they are "remastering" their old games in the first place.

Hard to say, Eula's do not always hold up in court, but gamers are not known for taking large corporations with multi-million dollar legal departments to court, so we will probably never find out.

I sure wish they increased the 6 item limit, though.

Basically, yes. They don't let you play online if you don't agree to the Eula.

There's so much shady stuff going on at Blizzard that if anyone ever breaks their NDA, the company would probably have to shut down. I've been waiting for it for a while, but nothing ever seems to surface. Did you know that they run third party code on your PC during beta tests? Or that they optimize their games for Intel chipsets, while always increasing hardware requirements in exchange for Intel hosting and sponsoring their e-sports events around the world? Did you know that they run every single WoW gold site? Did you know that they blackmailed the korean government? Did you know that their legal department is making a profit every year, because they aggressively troll people with copyright infringement lawsuits? Did you know that (((Mike Morhaime))) and his crew have been legally fixing e-sport matches for almost two decades? Thankfully their karma seems to be running out.

This current patch isn't a remaster. If it somehow makes more news/usage than the SC1 remake then they'll probably roll out a WC3 remaster in the next 5 or so years, at earliest.

That'll probably take another 15 or so years, if they're still alive by then.

I wanna see proof and evidence. I know they have been doing some shit like that but not its full extent.
I wanna hear more

Wew, just wew lad

And one more thing, they already cashed in the nostalgia baiting for Starcraft Remaster, so like every user was talking about, here's to Diablo 1 and 2 plus Warcraft 3 remasters, because nostalgia baiting Blizzdrones fucking works!

There is literally nothing wrong with being jewish.

Cata still had talent trees, silly.

am I really on 8/v/?

You belong in cuckchan, now kill yourself newfag.

If they touch revenge of the niggers i'll blow up Blizz HQ personally.

It should be touched up, niggers were OP.

Wow, a 24 player limit! So now non-dota games get a quarter full if I'm lucky instead of only half!

I wish people weren't too busy with their shill wars to shame blatant underage outbursts.

there was this one dungeon RPG sorta game I played before, it had tanking classes, supportive ones and it required some team work to travel into the dungeon.

It also had unique custom character models, one of the tanks was a red scaled naga with some unique armor I think. Shame theres no wiki list of these kinda custom games.

Tons of maps like that, any more details?

Maybe you mean Sunken City, pretty well-made map, except for the fact that it's a 3+ hour repetitive drag.

Thats the cutsom game thanks a bunch user. Been trying to find that game for such a long time.

It's called a "patch", user.

So I can't tell Holla Forums, is this a good thing?

I do love some wc3.

It's good because it adds more options to custom maps.

It's bad because it'll probably break a lot of old maps.

Nobody cares about melee.

I rather they not make anything at all.

You're not the only one, but at this point they probably think people played WoW for the story.

Fuck, just like Team Fortress 2 then.

Does WoW even make sense to new players? I remember reading that it's full of time travel and duplicated characters from different eras standing next to each other or something.

Wait..
WHAT!?

Someone made this to describe the new player experience.

The only time travelling that happened was WoD and the Caverns of Time. The rest is essentially flashbacks. When you roll a DK and play through the DK starting zone, you haven't travelled back in time, you're just playing through the events as they occurred at the time they happened in the lore. Questing zones and instances act as time capsules. They show events as they happened at the time. Complaining about chronology in a game where you can kill the same bosses every single week is just wilful obfuscation and you know it. There are better reasons to criticise Blizzard and WoW.

That all being said, it is very stupid for DKs to start at lvl 55 and have to level through Outland, that's always been nonsensical in both lore and gameplay terms. In lore it doesn't make sense because the events of WotLK obviously occurred after TBC and in gameplay it's just superfluous busywork designed to slow down DKs from just plowing through Northrend. At least the new levelling changes allow you to skip Outland entirely and level in Northrend instead.

Speaking of which
Thanks phasing

Hahahah, no.

The map size limit is pretty fucking huge actually. It's just that most maps don't use it because it's retardedly huge.

480 tiles is 480*128=61440 distance on each axis.
Most units have a speed around/below 300, which takes over 3 minutes to get from one side of the map to the other. The movement speed cap of 522 would have you take just under 2 minutes.

wut, does this mean dota1 will get popular again?

I've played mods like that, but they are completely out of the norms for warcraft.
It breaks the balance completely when the scale is that big.

nigger what are you on about. It's pretty much universally agreed that WoD is the lowest point, and legion was actually a step-up from both WoD and MoP.

WHAT CUSTOMS YOU PLAYING FAGS?

Shit game that turned into a shit franchise.
Only RTS that matters is AoE2.

Fuck me this is fucking awful anyway.

makemehost.com/games.php
Don't copypaste game names directly from that site because it contains invisible characters or some shit that makes BNet ban you for a few minutes, paste into notepad first and copy from there. Yes it's retarded.

You joined a fucking high latency game. I'm betting it wasn't even hosted using a custom hosting bot and was directly hosted instead. One of the biggest reasons why custom hosting tools are popular is because you can set the latency better so that you don't have a game where fucking everyone experiences 250 ping because this game was released in 2002 when a significant number of customers were still on 56k modems and the faster connections were mostly DSL lines.

Custom hosting tools let you tweak the delay to your own preference though. GHost++ is still the best hosting tool for warcraft 3. It also lets you host your lobby on multiple servers. For instance, BNET USEast, BNET Europe, your LAN, and PvPGN servers all at the same time - fills up unusual maps much faster.

Wiki: ghostpp.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Old binaries: code.google.com/archive/p/ghostplusplus/downloads

Limited functionality fork modern fork: github.com/Josko/aura-bot/

Anyway, looks like you'll have to compile it yourself unless you want to try the old executables.

you can still copy and paste just hit backspace before you enter and it gets rid of it

Chinks play on Netease which is a 3rd party software and is completely isolated from the bnet. Also, it's been always super popular in China for whatever reason and because of that there's probably more westerners playing on Netease than there are Chinks playing on western platforms.

Damn this hysteria about the Chinese is so fucking retarded. Pretty much with every video game out there there's a separate platform for the Chinese or else they just copy the game and play the clone version of it like with TF2 .I've never met a single Chinese on online games. I've met some Koreans and some other Asians but even those are rare because they're on the other side of the planet and the ping is like +200 minimum if they come to western servers. There's also some Chinese firewall blocking them as well.

Sjw-Blizzcuck-Goons detected. Someone forgot about the ex-boyfriend they tried to implement with Fembuster Gnomes. Kill yourselves for being Blizzcuck faggots.

To any underage fags that don't get it
this is probably the only thing blizzard has done right in years
because 24 player custom maps are going to be insane and fuckhuge possibilities are now possible
implementing JASS natives that do shit we had to work for is also pretty great
problem is playerbase is already dwindled and outside the Holla Forums group its mostly bots hosting the same six games over and over instead of dozens of different ones

The problem is that the new EULA will allow blizzard to add you to the new botnet'

How goes it? It pretty much imploded because everyone stopped caring. People from the Jewtube channel checked in but no games were to be seen.

They will screw it up somehow, don't you worry.

They already screwed up by issuing this update a decade late, now the playerbase and mapmaking community is less than 1% of what it used to be.

Pic related

Stop trying to make these lame buzzwords a thing you stupid dicksucker

Blizzard already raised that to 128MB, so all your stupid anime models will fit in your shit map.

It means after starcraft remastered blizzard smelled money and are aiming to remaster all of their good games.

I want to play old custom maps with vee.

It's telling that they have nowhere to go with Warcraft but backwards.

There's nothing stopping us. We are like gods.

WOW was a downgrade though.

That's what I was saying. They shat up the Warcraft lore with WoW so much they couldn't make a proper WC4 anyway so they just try and re-release WC3 instead.

call those fags at /radcorp/ and let`s do a war3 gamenight

They could always ignore WOW and thread it as non-canon.

The mess that would come from that would be glorious.

I dunno what would be worse: A story written by CURRENYEAR Metzen or a story written by the other numale cucks that work at Blizzard now.

Metastasis. Unplayable with pubs because everyone's a murderous metagame fag.

I think Metzen left some months ago
Reminder that when people cheered when Ghostcrawler left they got Celestalon instead, Blizzard will always find someone worse at the job somehow

Metzen retired, so were stuck with Numales for writers. Tho they do have Christie Golden writing for their new shit i heard, so an actual writer is a start

Reminder this was the faggot in charge of classes balance and classes gameplay since Gaylords of Fagnor, which explains why classes were butchered since then.

who do they have working for them now?

wc3 gamenight when

Never.

I don't know. I know Celestajew was kicked to Hearthstone, which he'll probably find a way to mess even more.

You could take matters into your own hands and set one up yourself.

I'd rather play any other RTS to be quite honest. But if a proper gamenight gets made then I'll probably join in.

bully me

Not like Crawler was any better when he made sure Priests were OP good.

Reminder that this sjw-furfag told everyone he based his decisions on playing with a tablet, telling everyone playing with a mouse is stupid. Here's another reminder that a lot of Legion raids and content pacing were so bad a lot of top guilds called it quits or went casual.

Golden is no better. The book she made for WoD was fucking horrible even for video game lore standards.

Fuck, I just read the balance changes and it's worrying. While these changes fit into melee games, they'll carry over to custom maps and break everything unrelated from melee designed around the old effects.

Amazing and gay. I still don't think anyone will use it.

it's already out, I think
one of the ugliest games I've ever seen

Nah, critical strike is even more broken in custom games than in melee so with this new way of calculating it they only made it slightly less broken. It's still broken as fuck in any custom game that allows you to buy tomes. The changes they made to Far Sight on the other hand has zero effect on customs because all custom maps use a custom far sight skill anyway.

Apple is exceptionally vicious about compatibility breaks, and Blizzard has gone through extraordinary hoops to keep Diablo II, Starcraft, and Warcraft III Mac-compatible.

This should be illegal.

Oh wow lads. Crit is still such an amazing skill, I can't imagine anyone going Far Seer over BM.
At least it's going to stop him from making those 240+ attacks on everything.

I think they'll just make a "new" melee skill rather than change the existing so as to not break everything and give players more options.
Blizzjews deserve all the shit that they get, but if they do one thing right, it's legacy support.
Aside from that SC1 remaster.

Here's the full thing.

Tbh it was only ever good for the setting, as an RTS it wasn't really that impressive. Customs are where it shined.

Anyone remember shit like White Sun Ascension, Sulphire City, and Real Life [For Morons]? Perhaps even some OLD battletanks that was Goblins vs Dwarves? Ye ole Aeon of Strife on War3? CoT RPG's, Binders, Elimination Tournament? Abyss Gates, Battle Royale (both based on movie and not), and that one Legend of Zelda PvP RPG on RoC that managed to have custom music before importing was a feature on War3Edit?

UA2 has progressively gotten less fun imo, ZAF is quite fresh though the level based load system is a little archaic, and then you have other zombie maps like SWAT: Aftermath.

Metastasis as he said. Parasite 1.9 and earlier were better imo, but Parashit 2 is all that works thanks to patches ruining everything.

Fucking cancer, it's fucking changes like this to the formulas that broke so much in the first place. I remember when they changed the armour calculation back on old 1.8, what a fucking farce that was.

Bump that to 12 years for it to fall under MIT or public domain and we have an agreement. Or 2 years after the development stops and the game is abandoned and/or no longer sold.

both solutions are preferable to this shit

But it is time to
Make Public Domain Great Again

Sorry goy but soon hate speech all across US sites will be banned and if you don't conform you get your site taken down. #maga

Looks like Blizzard has put their file server in private mode. This is the newest patch I was able to find: ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/pc/War3TFT_127b_English.exe Sadly, the older patches seem to not be there, or they have different names or they are in different directories. There was no fucking good reason to disable access to updates and other content for a game that's closer to 20 years old. What a bunch of fucking kikes. We truly are living in digital dark ages. To think of all the mods, custom maps, patches, fixes, and guides for so many games that have been lost, because our shitty internet infrastructure was designed for advertisement and surveillance rather than for ease of use.

I have played local area network games so much with my brother. Just because you don't like it doesn't change the fact that WC3 is and will always be a classic.

Is anyone watching the invitational? insomnia playing w3 in 2018, wtf is going on
wonder what blizzard has on their mind, reviving starcraft 1 and warcraft 3 so suddenly
its live on twitch atm by the way at /back2warcraft

Because EEEESPORZ wasn't working out with SocialJusticeWatch and Heroes of the Shitstorm tanking hard out of shitty Blizzard events (Shitstorm wasn't even supposed to be an EEEESPORZ games until Metzen and Kotick got greedy wanting that Lol/Dota money). They're thinking by bringing back old games, they'll be back in the "EEEESPORZ bizness." Too bad Blizzard never got the memo that Korea moved on from Starcraft 1, and no one is really gonna go out of their way to watch old-ass games they didn't capitalize on years ago.

Diablo VRMMORPG gothic horror style after the first game… when?

HAIL VICTORY

:^)

Not sure about these days but WoW was originally running on a heavily modified war3 engine.

I guess we gotta have special titles for everyone.