Demon Souls thread

I'm invading in tower of latria as the old monk.
I can invade anyone from level 39 to 109 I believe.
If you need pure anything stone or the old monk robes I can give you.
Rare weapons not so much, as I'm a collector fag.

Other urls found in this thread:

dcserv.org/?page_id=12
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck Demon's souls was a good game and the old monk boss fight was really unique.

Gotta brb for a couple minutes I messed up.

Ok back. I'm level 65 so monk invasions should be L.35-95.
If you want help with latria 1 my summon sign is on the right of the archstone.

I thought they already shut down the server?

We have one more week user.

Change of plans since nobody is summoning me.
Simply request me to log in and I will, I have a second character level 137 which is the one with all the stones.
The first one level 65 is for PvP only.

What the fug.

Don't worry, some autists will eventually make private server and run it on PC someday. But that someday could be 12 years later.

Yes, with the state of RPCS3 currently this will happen somewhere down the road

I'm guessing the NA servers are still completely broken like they were last month?
I had no good memories of DeS multiplayer so I don't care about the servers closing at all. I'm surprised anyone got much enjoyment out of the multiplayer, it seemed like shit through and through to me, apart from a small novelty.

I played it all with a friend, up until NG+2 (we finished it twice and stopped).
The best moment was meeting at the monk's boss fight, this time as enemies.
This game keeps on giving.
I really hope for a remaster, even the DS3 engine would work since the game never had poise to begin with.

US or europe?

Trump's about to make it so some random dude can revive the servers after the shut down and there isn't a damn thing Fromsoft or Sony can do about it.

EU

I'd summon you user, but upon an issue with my PS3 hard drive replacement, I only have a low level character.

Atlus owns the servers though.

NA server is working properly now, get online before it's all over tonight around 3am.

I spent the weekend doing Old Monk invasions, it was great!

I'm gonna boot up my PS3 and see if I can get some Old Monk invasions. I'm lvl 100ish, I might be too high.

Same thing.
If the bill goes through it's completely out of the dev or publishers hand's once they take the servers offline.

I'm SL40, definitely need to be lower I think

I just invaded as Old Monk, host dropped Pure Bladestone for me… I duped it and will be passing it out until server offline

Same. Tomorrow is the day.

Servers die overnight USA time

RIP

F

F

Well that's that. From imported game, to moderator of the wiki, to multiple server extensions, to end of service.

It's been a hell of a ride.

I started playing this game recently, and beat it 15 minutes before midnight.
F

OH FUCK I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I haven't played this in forever, and I didn't really feel like getting back into it, but now I'm sad.

F

Good night.

Godspeed you magnificent bastard
Until somebody finds out how to how via emulation or something,rest in eternal sleep.

That's depressing
Someone hold me

I am ashamed to recognize that image.

go to bed reddit

Does anyone know when (or if) the japanese servers went down? Atlus had nothing to do with those.

I never actually owned a US copy, I imported the chinese version before Atlus even decided to "localize" it (the Chinese version was 100% in English already and PS3 isn't region locked). But then, I gave away my PS3 years ago because that was literally the only game for it.

but why

asian english releases have been a thing for a very long time.

Shit, I only just got to the Tower Of Latria. Would have been perfect if they had kept them running for at least another year or two. Shsme I never got to play PVE through the Old Monk or otherwise. Tell me, what else did I miss about the game online and how different was it compared to to the rest of the Soulsborne games? I really wish my PS3 wasn't broken for years until I had it replaced.

JP, NA, and EU versions all went offline at the same time. Which means there is coordinated effort among them. Which means there could be negotiations for a port/remaster/remake in the works.

Demon's Souls wrote the book on everything you are familiar with by now, invasions, summons, blood stains, messages, white phantoms of other players running around. The thing it did differently from any of the others was the world tendency and character tendency, which was "replaced" by covenants in later games. Depending on your actions, or the actions of others, these tendencies shift towards pure black or pure white.

Deaths in body form shift the world towards black, but killing bosses or invaders shifts it towards white. If you invade someone and kill them, or kill NPCs in your world, your character tendency shifts towards black, but if you are summoned for co-op and kill and invader it shifts towards white.

World tendency being pure black or pure white will change various damage, health, and item drop rate values, making the game slightly easier or harder. Some weapons are also affected by world and character tendency values, increasing or decreasing their damage values accordingly. The server also monitors the average amount of world tendency held by players and can affect your world tendency as a result of the average (and a few times Atlus also enforced pure black or pure white on all players for various holiday events).

Beyond that you just have the Old Monk invasions, which were pulled both from people trying to invade and also people just trying to be summoned. The boss wasn't always a willing participant. Lastly, there was the Pantheon at the top of the Nexus that served as a leaderboard of things like most souls collected, most phantoms killed, most players killed, etc. They became worthless once various exploits were discovered but it was a neat feature for a while.

I forgot to mention that world tendency also affects certain areas/items/npcs being available to the player, and there is one NPC that only shows up if you have pure black character tendency.

It was fun while it last, a friend and i started playing it together awhile ago just to have something to do together and then the news came out that the servers were shutting down and we beat it last night, it was fun double teaming invaders and a couple of them died to the dragon in boletaria palace, it was good times

RIP

Tendency's already covered so I'll just just mention the PvP side of things:

Seems a lot of parties have to be on board for it to happen and it would likely remain a PS exclusive at that. Would love to see it but I'm not expecting it. Then again, if it were to happen and it's just the game all dolled up, it would be a disappointment.

They had amazing tracks for this game, better than in the other souls games

I don't get why people fawn over Dark Souls soundtrack. It's mostly orchestral nonsense backed by a le ebin choir. Gwyn's theme was good because it was simple and conveyed emotion, much like Demon's soundtrack. I mean, one of the songs is just a bunch of assholes laughing at you.

Fucking incredible game when it came out in 2009. RIP

I played through this a month ago & bought a secondhand PS3 just for this game before it went offline. Only got to co-op a single time, but the messages helped my blind run immensely. Without the messages it…well it doesn't RUIN the experience, but I would have enjoyed it much less. Some of my favorite messages.

My favorite one though?

The next boss's weakness is YOU

I just finished Dark Souls this last week and I tend to agree, none of the soundtracks are really that noteworthy except Gwyn's and that's because that one is so different compared to everything else in the game
but even the fairly plain dark souls soundtrack is better than the games that followed

When I hacked my ps3 this game was one of the first ones I got.
I tried my best but I couldnt even get into the game.
I just wasnt feeling it at all.
But I will still pay my respects to such a good game, it deserves it.
F

Oh yes, the variety and distinctness is definitely there, such as the Bellfree Gargoyles and Moonlight Butterfly. I can name maybe one really good song in the sequels, that being the Abyss Watchers. I actually really liked that bossfight. It was unique and the music was very much a telling of a heartbreaking tale.

The magnets in those speakers will fuck up the CRT TV screen by being that close.

astraea theme is best song in whole series T B H

While I liked them the first go around, they ended up getting jumbled into the huge mass of bosses that were

I liked the mechanic of the corrupted watcher attacking his former friends. It's sad when you read up on what happened to them. They followed Artorias' footsteps, even falling to the abyss the same way he did. Now they fight each other in an endless cycle of broken brotherhood.

Dark souls has a history of weeaboos/wannabes. Alonne knights for Sir Alonne, Crestfallen boy in 3 wanted to become a dragon, as did oceiros, wyverns and drakes are wannabe dragons, and Abyss Watchers for Artorias. The real reason they fought each other was for the right to hold hands with best girl, but another lord of cinder beat them to it while they fought.

This thread's making me want to boot up Demon Souls again, I think I last played it like four years ago? It's a shame that games with online components like this are doomed to die. People can't play the game the way the developers intended it to be played, and that's just sad.

I want to fug Gwyndolin in her (male) boipussy.

of all the cool things they could have done with an Aldrich/transforming slime fight it was pretty lame with him just being a Gwyndolin slug

Someone was able to reverse engineer the MGO2 server and revive it, I'm hoping someone will eventually do the same for Demon's Souls, either on real hardware or through emulation.

I can't remember because i got the platinum in this game last time i went for a replay, is this going to lock any players out of it now? that would suck if you're into trophy hunting god help your soul if so. I'm not even a fan of trophy hunting but i wanted to feel like i got the dev intended 100%

Honestly, even though I want the DeS revived to play online once more, I know that it is going to take one incredibly dedicated mega-autismo to make it happen. Even though I loved DeS, even I realized the game was fucking dead. It has been for many years now, and only until the last 2 days did people finally start playing it online to get that last """""hurrah."""""

Noticing plebeian opinions.

What were some of your favorite messages? I hope I'm not the only one who actually read & used them.

We need a remaster with the last archstone.
That's the only way to give the game the player base it deserves.

Would that be enough? I'd buy it, but I feel like we need at least two new areas, including that unfinished arch stone.

F

It'll be back one day. If fucking Dreamcast baseball games can have their online restored, surely this will be too.

What? When did that happen?

I always got a kick out of "the real Demon's Souls starts here" as if there was a community debate about the exact part of the game where shit gets real.

Some of the broken archstone's content eventually made its way into future games in one form or another. To put it in the game would feel like a rehash at this point.

That 'Beware the rear area ahead' behind the statue with the nexus always stuck out, had like a million ratings too.

dcserv.org/?page_id=12
Soon, the sperg working on it has already brought back a handful of dreamcast games, and it's one of the next on his list.

List of currently online Dreamcast games:

Phantasy Star Online (v1 & v2)
Quake 3 Arena
Starlancer
4×4 Evolution
Maximum Pool
Planet Ring
Toy Racer
ChuChu Rocket!
The Next Tetris: On-Line Edition
Alien Front Online
PBA Tour Bowling 2001

So you're telling me I could be playing Phantasy Star online on my dreamcast with people RIGHT NOW?

It's widely accepted that the sixth archstone is Lordran, regardless of the fact that the world itself is nothing like that found in DaS. Being that a lot of the concept art for that world made it into DaS, I doubt FROM would even bother. Would it be cool to see what they originally had in plan for the sixth archstone assuming they had not planned for the success of DeS? Yes, yes it would. Thing is, it's not going to happen, because the Souls series exploded in popularity, and what we would get now would not be what we would've gotten back in 09 or '10.

Doesn't look like Lordan to me.

And then refer yourself to my comment about the concept art being largely composed of enemies from DaS, such as the lizard men in Sen's.

It's not happening, let it go. Best to let these things exist in your mind as a figment.

You're forgetting pinwheel, but to be honest, unless you listen to the soundtrack you'll probably never hear it. Poor pinwheel.

So the only tracks you like from demon's souls are the choral one and the melodrama one?
Gee, what a coincidence, it must just be everyone else that are plebs and not that you only like music if it's exciting and ebig and hate anything with a hint of subtlety

The soundtrack of DeS is so good that its hard to understand why this styles wasnt put into the DaS series. That music is my favourite one, and I loved it so much.
Because most people played DaS, and so they only know its ost, and not the DeS one. DaS have good soundtrack, its just that its not DeS good, and it overuses too much high fantasy orchestral music.

HOLY FUCK I FORGOT THIS
Back when i heard about it it was still thought that the upcoming DaS remaster is actually a Demons Souls remaster so it wasn't considered that bad.

When I first got a PS3, I bought this game too. But I didn't have a clue what to do and was a stupid faggot that didn't bother to learn any mechanics, so I literally only beat Phalanx and quit.

Didn't play through it until about 2 years ago (after playing Dark Souls 2) and fucking loved it. Even though the online is gone, it's still worth trying again.

I was going to jump on today as work finished early and just realised I'm a day late.

Tongue but whole

Change DNS to 212.71.239.147
I cannot believe this actually works. I see tons of phantoms, messages work, I'm floored by this. The server actually looks way more stable than atlus's own server. Wasn't able to invade anyone, but that may just be down to being out of level range. Adding in how many people are playing online to the server login message was a nice touch too.

Holy shit! Nice find user! I can bring back out my ps3 and play with you glorious cunts.

You just made my day.
Holy shit.

I'm not dusting off my PS3 until I see a webm of this working

Holy shit you are right. I expected it to happen eventually but that was fucking fast. I'm sure they have some kinks to work out but this must be a good start.

you could be playing the game right now instead of being paranoid.

No webm but the server works, it says it's a temp test server

Just got an invasion in 3-1 and a free pure bladestone for my trouble. It works.

Focus your camera and hold still user, holy shit. Also a long time ago I saw a guy on Twitch had a program running that tracked the number of players in each area, putting that info into the log in message is a great idea.

I actually don't like the music in DeS, BB, or any of the DaS games. It's all too… man, I dunno. Same-y? Motoi Sakuraba has good tracks, but I wouldn't count any of the Souls games' music among them, except MAYBE Gwyn's theme.

How many people are playing on this server now?

Why is Fatlus so fucking incompetent? They couldn't even keep the servers from shitting themselves these last few months while everybody wanted to do their final playthrough, at least until the last week when they suddenly decided to make their servers stable.

Reminder that Sage Freke was right and Saint Urbaine can go suck a lemon.

I just logged in and there is a handful, we need to spread the word about this so more can play.

I tried the server earlier. It works, but there were like 5 people online. Hopefully we can get some more people playing. This is actually a pleasant surprise. Here's to hoping that reddit doesn't fuck it up somehow.

So when exactly is the last day the servers will be available? I want to try invading or being summoned at least one last time.

Official servers shut down already, days ago, this is a private server that is running now.

Read the thread, nigger. The Atlus servers are already down, they went down a few days ago. Now, some random person has managed to create a private server. It's a temporary server for testing purposes, but it works. You can find bloodstains, ghosts, messages, and the multiplayer works.

If you want to use the server, you go into your PS3's network settings and set your first DNS server to 212.71.239.147

Just played a bunch on the private server with a friend, everything seems to be working except for tracking the number of multiplayer sessions and ratings, it doesn't record the ranks people are giving you.

The pantheon seems to work, though I'm not sure if it was just showing me cached data rather than something pulled from the new server.

F
I had tons of fun playing this shit.

Since setting this up was so quick and easy, I wonder when there will be online support for playing it on an emulator. The future looks bright I must say.

Fuck I'd monkey paw for Demon's Souls on PS4.

That would be nice.

Do you think Sony is going to get a stick up their ass and shut this shit down when they find out about it?

That would surely blow up on them.

Anyone interested in co-op? I'm currently soul level 20, sitting in front of the Tower Knight fog gate. If you want, I can go to 1-1 or level 1 of any other world.

Well, let's hope that they don't shut it down.

There is nothing they can do about it, considering it's some random schmuck's own server, and is in no way infringing upon anything Fatlus or Sony set up. They might try to pull some shit about """""security""""", since you are technically connecting to an unknown server with a separate DNS, but on PS3 there really isn't anything the guy running the server can do. All he can technically do is see where players are, and what they are doing. Shit that Fatlus has already known for the past 9 years.

Yeah but now it's some private guy with the ability to collect that data. Data is money ergo he is stealing money. Even if Sony/Fatlus don't want it anymore there's a good chance they would DMCA this because they're faggots. Don't forget Fatlus tried to sue an emulator dev over Persona.

Wait. Demon Souls hasn't been ported to the ps4 yet? Really? Well, after this, if not PC & PS4 (screw the Xbone, besides, why would Sony port it to their rivals for a game that was a selling point for ps3?), at least they will soon port the game to ps4.

I imagine it'll get ported to pc whenever the exclusivity runs out like dead rising did.

Runs fine in RPCS3. Why port?

Less clunky and better for those without an amazing CPU

Although i say less clunky japanese and pc port never work well together in the same sentence.

The japs have gotten a lot better it in the last 5 years thanks to making bank on steam, that and the smart companies are now just paying dedicated porting companies to do it rather than the jap devs

Well shit, if it works for me, I think I might be seeing and playing against you anons in The Old Monk boss fight, after all. I just made it to the Maneater boss(es) too. I'll try it out within the week.

I'd love to to co op with you on say, Monday. I'm pretty tired at the moment and I'll be floored all day tomorrow.

I have a dedicated level 35 Old Monk build that I can use. I can be "on duty" on the private server Monday night after I get off work, so from maybe 10pm CST onward. If you want to plan a specific time to attempt the invasion, let me know.

Nigga wants to Maiden in Black dead he can go fuck himself for all I care

What's a second-rate waifu compared to fabulous secret powers and limitless knowledge?

DaS1 servers are still up right?

DaS is p2p.

Soul arts & miracles both come from the old one right? The only one right was the witch, & maybe Yurt for killing off anyone who might try to use them.

If memory serves me right, Yuria practiced "dark soul arts," which would still mostly likely fall under the Old One's auspices.
HUE
The soul arts are the means by which man may ascend.

Alright, I'll see if I can make it on Monday night too with my 35 lvl soldier at the same time period.

Wasn't yurt killing all the humans specifically because they were all using soul arts & miracles, thus bringing in more demons? I mean it was only like 10 people, and if he killed them all the old one would go back to sleep wouldn't it? Fuck I am not good with the little lore this game has. I don't even know what's up with the spider webs in the sky in 3-2.

Nah, Yurt was part of the Soul Society, which wanted to hog all the Soul Arts for itself.
He takes orders from a woman named Mephistopheles, a head honcho in the society.

Ah, & here I thought yurt was coincidentally doing some good. So what's with the spider webs in the sky in 3-2 then?

Beats me, user.
Could be the work of spiders, could be a result of the Old Monk's shenanigans, could be something else entirely.

It was 9, not 8. we're in 2018 user.

You don't have to be level 35, the old monk range is larger than normal ranges, I chose that level because it gave me a lot of wiggle room on who I could fight.

I know, that's just the level my soldier is at too. Should be around 38 or so if I use the souls I built up after completing most of 3-2

If Freke was right, how come his path drives him mad with power, while Urbain gets out of this ordeal squeaky clean?

This, why worry about waifus when you can claim the power to be the waifu

coincidentally it would have actually been good since the society wasn't too interested in many people gaining access to soul arts

False info, they never requested a takedown or shutdown of the emulator project whatsoever. Only the depiction of their copyrighted material (p5) in a non-allowed (by Atlus' definition) manner.

They also tried to take away the emulator's Patreon, which is a huge dick move.

It looks like they are trying to fix the multiplayer sessions tracking, they got it working if you are seeing someone else's sign, but if you look at your own sign it is broken. Also I've confirmed that the NA and EU versions are connecting to the same server and can see the same data (white phantoms, messages, bloodstains), however NA and EU players can not summon or invade each other.

I'll be in 4-1 but according to this,
I'm unsure if it will wholly work.

Both of those posts are me. Are you on EU instead of NA? I could quickly slap together a clone of my level 35 build on my EU copy of the game.

Did the server just go down for a bit? I was swapping discs and had trouble connecting, says only 2 players online now.

maybe because I'm a huge composition fag but I really love the music in dark souls. all the tracks I find really bring emphasis to the boss you're fighting. now if you want bland and boring, dark souls 2 and 3 definitely stand out as just having boring music.

I really like the differences between des and das. each piece in des has one or two major instruments that are complimented by a section or two of different instruments. das is all about larger ensembles with more robust tracks. I think both are very well thought out soundtracks without any two pieces sounding the same.

Japan often just has bad ports, like fucking koei tecmo. Or maybe i'm just used to the shit quality and don't mind it anymore. I'm just happy the nips are actually contributing decent vidya that isn't AAA trash into the market, and isnt complete graphics whore crap.

I'm pretty much done setting up my level 35 build on my EU disc, so if anyone wants me to be their Old Monk just tell me if you are on NA or EU and what day/time you want me to invade (provided I'm available).

I'm on NA. If you're here. I'm fine with doing it either now or tomorrow at 9PM EST

I switched to NA and have a summon sign down, if you enter the old monk staircase it should summon me. I'll keep it up for a bit, if nothing happens soon ish then I will do it tomorrow night, though it would have to be more like 10pm EST for me to be online.

No problem. I think we might have to do it in the Old Monk staircase tomorrow since I have yet to beat Maneater. You have to be no higher than level 40 to be summoned for that boss fight?

I can invade as Old Monk for levels 25-75, a nice wide range, hence why I chose 35 for my build. Go to the start of 3-2 and you can summon me to help you with Maneaters right now if you want.

Forgot to add, levels 23-50 can summon me for co-op.

You know, if someone really cared, why not reverse engineer the code and make a server emulator for RPCS3? I'm sure that people would love the idea of a Demon's Souls server.

Well considering how fast they got this private server up for the PS3 version, I'd imagine a private server for the emulator isn't far off (they would have to reverse engineer PSN first I think).

Sweet, thanks. I'll be there soon with my level 39 soldier

I'm guessing my Dozer Axe would be too strong for you to face off against when I'm the Monk, so I'll use my Crushing Battle Axe +4 instead I think. Also I try not to abuse healing too much.

Alright then, I'm there right now. Find my soul sign

Wait what? You said you needed to kill Maneaters, which means you are summoning me to help you do that.

I meant I'm in the beginning of 3-2 now.

Yeah, my blue summon sign is down right next to the archstone for 3-2, are you unable to see it? You are in body form right?

I'm in soul form at the moment. Left mine next to the archstone, too.

I have no need to beat the level, just use a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes if you have one and you'll be in your body again, then summon me. I see your white phantom running around.

RIP in Peace Maneaters.

We did it, good work partner. I'm going to take a trip back to the nexus. Believe it or not, I almost killed them today. Splitting them up, even with cloak, was a bit tricky.

Alright I've got my summon sign down again, if you enter the Old Monk staircase right now it should summon me as your Old Monk.

Okay. Let me see if I can get to it.

Ready or not, here I come.

Let's see what you got

Have to clear away the enemies first, pardon.

Looks like I got a free Monk's head wrapping haha. Wait a couple mins and then try again, gotta kill myself to put another sign down.

Alright my sign is down again, you should be able get me again when entering the stairs. Hope you have another Ephemeral Eyes so you don't suffer on health.

Sign down again. If it helps you, try baiting the enemies to the bottom of the stairs so you have a bit more open space to fight.

I do, I can't believe that last mind flayer killed me right as I was about to finish it off

One mind flayer down. These ones are really persistent in chasing me.

/cuckchan/

Christ, these 1HKOs

Except it still lives.

Boy user, I'm going to be able to make an army of Monks with all these free head wrappings.

Shit, I just got summoned for co-op by mistake.

Finally, i'm here.

That wasn't you I just fought?

Nope, you either fought someone else or the NPC that does the fight if there is no player to summon. Sorry about that, I should have put my sign somewhere more hidden. Did you kill the boss?

Not yet. Let me know if you want to do this tomorrow, I'll stay around for a bit.

We can try again. This time I'll put the summon sign somewhere harder to get to.

Okay then. See you in a bit.

Sign is down inside Sage Freke's cell, which is kind of hard to find and needs a key, so that should help prevent accidental summons. Go ahead and get in the stairs again.

Sign is down again, Mind Flayers are a bitch huh?

Oh man, that was interesting. You made me bleed hah. One more try tonight and I won't heal this time.

Yep, sorry about the unexpected attack in the beginning with you using your glass.

Looking forward to it, I'll try to lay off the healing as well if you won't.

Oh and I forgot to mention I put five Stone of Ephemeral Eyes on the ground for you but you didn't notice hah.

Sign down for last try of the night.

Is the server kill? Can't seem to connect with an NA copy.

Official servers are dead yes, we are playing on a private server. We are on a temporary one, a permanent one was just launched today and I have yet to try it out.

I was talking about the private server.

Good fight, I had a tiny sliver of health left hah. We can go again tomorrow.

We are on DNS server 212.71.239.147, make sure you put it in correctly. Otherwise you can try the other (supposedly permanent) server at 73.27.147.158

I got one of them, but I didn't want to let my guard down. That was great, let me know if you want to do it again tomorrow when I'm well rested. Felt bad about using the half grass but redoing the stair climb with those mind flaying black phantoms over again made me a bit on edge.

Gonna use the "permanent" one from now on.

It's all good, I could have pushed you when you healed in the corner but I backed off to let you heal.

If you want different ground rules tomorrow let me know. I even swapped my cling ring for the Gash ring so I would have less health but resist your bleed.

I'm pretty sure if I used my Dozer Axe on you I would kill you in two hits, hence why I'm using the Crushing Battle Axe +4 instead, but even that might be a bit much. If you can, level up a bit for tomorrow.

You got it, I'll definitely level up by then. See you at 10 or 11CST?

Yeah 10 CST is easy for me to guarantee, maybe slightly earlier depending on some things.

Good. Come back to the thread when the time comes.

DeS on PC with fourth archstone.
Meme it.

Feels good mane

Sure is. If anyone wants to, I'll be at the Old Monk to fight black phantom players.

I'm loading up my PS3 right now, will post when my sign is down.

Sign is down. Let me know if you have any ground rules.

Just about anything save for healing goes, if that's alright with you.

Ok, though I think I'll still hold off on the Dozer Axe.

Hope I can do better for this match.

You almost had me last time hah.

Were you fat rolling by mistake?

Brief, but exciting nonetheless. Just need to work on my parries a bit.

This game's lag has always made parries a mess. Instead of reacting to an incoming attack, it's best to predict when you think and attack is coming and press L2 beforehand.

Just lost connection to the test server, if it is down for good then we should switch to the "permanent" server they just put up.

Is there a different address/dns value for the "permanent' server?

Yes, 73.27.147.158

I just switched.

Sign is down on new server.

I'l be there in just under 10 mins.

Alright.

If you want I can downgrade to a regular Battle Axe instead of this Crushing +4, haha.

I'll see if I can counter with my set up I had before you switch weapons. Mine's were both enchanted and rather light to give me an edge. Hope the items I picked up won't slow me down too much.

Souls weigh nothing, and other items don't actually slow you down, they just got a cap at some point. If you die to me again then I'm going to overburden myself so I can only walk, and swing at you with an un-upgraded Battle Axe, haha.

Sign down.

How much health do you have anyway? You do seem kind of fragile, Mindflayers being bastards aside.

574, in soul form, 821 body. Sometimes my sword stuns them with a weak to heavy combo but not always. At least I'm getting practice with my rolls.

Oh man yeah my Dozer Axe would kill you in two hits, maybe three depending on attack type and your form. You gotta buff that Vitality man.

Sign down.

If you wish, I could return after a week or so when I clear out the other dungeons and level up.

Give it one more go, my sign is down. If it doesn't work then yeah next week sounds good. Also this new private server is supposed to not have level restrictions on summoning, but I have no idea if that also applies to the Old Monk.

Alright, I'm giving it my last shot for now.

Alright well GG. Bring more souls, slayer of demons.

You did good. Not sure if the thread will stay up until then, but my PSN's Papiandmami. Within next Tuesday I'll definitely give you a good rematch after buffs ans new weapons. Thanks for playing

COMPILING SHADERS

So, did they shut it down? Yet.

Yes but a private server is already up.

Read the thread nigga.

I'm at level 70 now, I'll be ready as early as tomorrow night.

You're getting the Dozer Axe at least once then.

Definitely. And with the anti magic field, i can cut through those mindflayers quickly and easily.

A am unfamiliar with the Souls series, but what does Demon's Souls have to do with Dark Souls? Is Dark Souls the "superior successor" or is Demon's Souls different enough from Dark? Are there no Demons in Dark? Are there no Darks in Demons?

Sony funded Demon's souls so when Fromsoft wanted to make the new one mutiplat they just changed the name to Dark Souls. Different canon, but same gameplay that's about all there is too it.

Interesting, I doubt Sony will ever do anything with it though. Demons sounded more rad then mutated undead humans.

If anyone wants to duel, I'll be in 3-3's Old Monk bossfight soon.

I think you mean "spiritual successor" in which case yes, Dark Souls was a separate and new franchise but it contained all the same core mechanics and ideas that they had first done in Demon's Souls.

Bloodborne was pretty much Demon's Souls 2 until they cut out all the direct references to it. I don't think you'll see a real Demon's Souls 2 because the rights are spread out between Sony, Atlus (now owned by Sega), and Bandai Namco. At most we might see new ports/remasters/remakes of it from Bamco.

I'm on the permanent server (16 others online it seems as well) and my sign is down to be the Old Monk. Prepare your anus.

Just need to recover my body at 4-2 now, with the souls I obtained, I'm near 80 now with a fully upgraded weapon, it'll be fun.

Last week I said I could invade levels 25-75, however this server theoretically has level limits disabled so maybe it will still work?

Well, we're about to find out. Only rule if it works is no healing.

Sounds good. Though does that also include no regenerating health items/spells? I don't have any equipped with this build and didn't plan on it, but I figure I should ask anyway.

Yep I see you had some regeneration going on, which is fine with me. I see the flaming Dozer Axe almost killed you in one hit, so I'll lay off the Turpentine from now on.

Sign down in a minute.

Spells and weapons/shields with that side effect may be permitted.

Sounds good, also sorry about that lag stab, I was trying to do my rolling R1 but it had its own plans.

Nah it's alright. I couldn't recover my body actually so as not to keep you waiting, only to discover I couldn't use Stone of Ephemeral Eyes when I got there, still, that wasn't too bad for a fight in soul form, no? That axe almost took me out in the beginning but I'm ready now.

Oh you were in soul form? That explains it. Did you at least have the Cling Ring on?

How do you use this DNS for connecting to the private Demon Souls server?

The session has ended? Did your net die?

Not sure. I didn't use the cling ring in the beginning, now that you mention it.

Go to network settings and input the values in
where it says DNS.

Go to the PS3 network custom settings, you can let everything be automatic/default except for when you get to the DNS part put in one of the servers.

"Permanent" server is 73.27.147.158
"Test" server is (was?) 212.71.239.147

We are on permanent server.

GG, want me to go back to the Battle Axe?

Some lag there, but fun, and close nonetheless.

Shit I forgot I had that stupid flag on.

The dozer axe will be fine sincw I have warding in my arsenal.

Ok. I think I should at least lay off the running two handed R1 as I think a direct hit is unblockable, at least for smaller shields. I'm not 100% sure though but I have a lot of experience two-shotting people with it when followed up with an R2.

Figured it out, too bad I'm probably extremely overleveled in comparison to the 15 people on the server right now to do anything with it.

There you go, got me, good game! Enjoy that Demon's soul.

The server has no level restrictions, so you can summon and invade with anyone. I am level 35 old monk and was just fighting user when he's almost 80.

Thanks pal, it was great wasn't it. If you ever want to meet up again, I left my PSN earlier in the thread as a reminder. Take care!

Oh okay, because I'm 200 after my last playthrough I did and even then finding people to fight that high in regular DeS was hard.

anyone want some co-op? willing to throw my sign down in the following locations:
1-1, 1-2, 1-3
2-1, 2-2, 2-3
3-1
4-1, 4-2
5-1, 5-2
SL 25

I'm in 1-3 right now

left my sign by the entrance.

I don't see it.

I got summoned by someone, so I'll put my sign back when I'm done.

alright, done. you still up for co-op?

You want to do 1-4? It's the only level and boss I have left before the last one.

If you help me with 1-3, then yeah. Put your sign down at the entrance to 1-3

I forgot that I'm still at 1-2 since I started another playthrough

I'm at the Penetrator Archstone, but I'll see if I can help you with the rest of Boletaria Palace.

Is someone here still looking for pure bladestones or other stuff?

I'm considering picking up a new weapon for a STR-DEX build, I've been using the Knight Sword for some time now and I feel like there has to be something better. Not sure what to get though.

I only ever played pure strenght or magic build so I wouldn't know what to suggest.
Maybe halberds?

I defeated the Penetrator, I'm available at 1-4 if you're still interested in summoning.

I'm there now left my sign