readberserk.com/chapter/berserk-spoilers-raw-chapter-354/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Götz_von_Berlichingen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pier_Gerlofs_Donia#cite_note-23
mangadex.com/chapter/105870/1
archive.is/fARu0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

demons souls and dark souls i guess
berserk is for fags

Dragon's Dogma has direct references to Berserk.

and cucks

griffith did nothing wrong

Kirby

super mario

Still kinda sad at how they took the armors from the pc version, 60fps guts never

Musou

Bait.

Is the game even good? I have never been into musou games (other than playing a bit of dinasty warriors 4) but I heard that it was kinda shit guess I could torrent it later

When will we get stuff inspired by Gigantomakhia? I for one look forward to loli piss drinking simulators with wrestling elements.

No, it's Japanese Call of Duty
Go play the Dreamcast game

Kings Field/Shadow Tower

Both look really good.

Y-you guys need to up your game if you're trying to upset m-

And subsequently any game with swords bigger than the wielder.

That song has got me hooked

Monster Hunter great swords feels right.

Pic fucking related.

Berserk has top tier music.
youtube.com/watch?v=CGcv09G5MYc

Get that shit out of here

That song is not metal though, and CLANGserk has some nice tunes.

Isn't that the guy who made the music for Paprika? But this time with reverb, I love it.

Nah, it's all tryhard garbage without a lick of atmosphere.
It's edgy Shounen, not fucking Dark Fantasy

Yes, he's fucking amazing. Check out some of his original stuff, P-model included.

Hard to believe it took 22 years. I wasn't even born when Casca became retarded.

Sir, that is entirely your opinion and not a fact.

Why must people like you be such assholes, dubsman?
I didnt want to get spoiled, i wanted to see that by myself.

It's not opinion, you simply have shit taste

Dragon's dogma, shame they removed the berserk armour and the fact we will never get a real sequel.

Itsuno is working on a new game and I'm pretty sure it's DD2 with lifted assets from Deep Down

Already posted Behelit nigs
See>>14374919

Atleast spoiler that shit you prick.

Did 354 finally came out?

Ooh I know where I heard this before…

No.

Fug

The fuck is this Vaporwave tier garbage?

Lmao that is vaporwave, although the original version you posted sounds better. This remix isn't too bad though.

It's garbage

Oh well, to each his own.

Heres the new chapter, I hope you guys can read gook.
Theres a gookanon in the #GG threads if you need one to translate
readberserk.com/chapter/berserk-spoilers-raw-chapter-354/

If i could read moonrunes, that wouldnt be an spoiler, dear user.

It's been a long road.

Just wait for the rage when Casca finally talks.

inb4 another hiatus just as I post this

I'm expecting hysteria

could u copypaste here user's translations ? don't want to dip my fingers in these retarded threads

Get the fuck out of this board

I dunno but drakengard was at least 'kinda' berserk. The original of course, not that I dislike Taro, but when he became cavia's star their games became really one-track.

Atleast getting her back was quicker than the boat.

So how bad was it?

Please kill yourself

It's a Musou, button mashing and walking over to places for button mashing
It's bad

Mods?

Can fucking anyone find a good popular example of "Ridiculously large sword" older than Berserk? Only thing I can think of Beowulf and the giant's sword, but he only used that for one fight. Is Beowulf the origin, and did Miura have it in mind when making Berserk? On a related note, is the Giant's Knife from Ocarina of Time a reference to Beowulf? I feel like the fact that it breaks so you can rarely use it adds to that theory.

No, miura based guts on a german mercenary, he even had an iron hand.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Götz_von_Berlichingen

Copy pasted bullshit, tiny fucking roster, Musou grade combat, movesets that don't make sense for their characters, uses clips from the half 3DCG movies in lieu of actual effort, etc. It's your basic videogame tie-in shovelware.

Well that's where he got the mechanical hand, mercenary, and giant German dude ideas, but the sword as well as some other things could still be Beowulf.

Let me guess, non-faggy reading material to you is some gay fru fru shit where all the characters are little girls, right?

Why?

DD is overrated shit plagued by waifu cucks.

The guy used a zweinhander, so thats a historical fuckhuge sword.

Ah, I see why you replied now
More bait

But have you actually played it
Who cares? It's a singleplayer game. You're a gay if you think any game with female character creation isn't going to be plagued by waifufags

Yeah, and Guts used an oversized sword as a mercenary too, but the Dragon Slayer is a couple magnitudes of sword size larger than anything a human had ever wielded before, even in fiction, save for that one fight from Beowulf.

The ps2 game has had a translation for years

MH greatswords are a generic one button charge attack simulator
"Gotcha bitch" is not enough to drive an entire game, it's why warrior is one of the weaker classes in DD

I can't remember what settings I was using, but last time I tried to emulate it, I was forced between choosing a higher native resolution, or being able to see the fucking HUD.

Doom the Roguelike lets you find the dragonslayer and guts' armor, and fight an apostle, but the requirements to earn those items are stupidly hard so good luck with that. There's also a berserk roguelike made by the same guy, but the website for it's been down since forever so I don't know how to get it.

Is a Berserk game even a good idea? If you make a Berserk game the only thing you can do is to make it a hack n' slash / action adventure game with linear level design. The heart of the manga is world building, characters and picturesque panels, I think that's pretty hard to translate into a game

I thought Guts was based on Pier Gerlofs Donia. Like Guts, he was apparently over two meters tall, had a huge sword, could apparently cut through multiple people in a single swing, and was fueled by his rage after his significant other was raped.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pier_Gerlofs_Donia#cite_note-23

He could easily be a composite of various people's most interesting features.

The mechanical hand is definitly the german dude though and you cant deny that, not even miura seeing how gut's hand is a carbon copy of the real thing except for the cannon.

that can't be real.

There's a level of craftsmanship in storytelling linearity tells that something open-ended cannot, I don't think people complained the greeks or shakespeare back in the good ole days was a A to B story and not a A to C to D to B open-ended pseudo-tabletop.

For the record, this is the only good song from nuBerserk
Hirasawa is the only man that should be allowed near a berserk soundtrack

You can put good worldbuilding and good looking shit in a character action game, though deep characters might be beyond the scope of that sort of thing
A great Berserk game would have a different feel from the mango or anime, but good gameplay could easily be enough to make up for it

My favorite part about the manga was the fights against giant grotesque monsters and knights. I thought that would translate fairly well into vidya form, but apparently it hasn't.
PS those pod things look disgusting and you should be ashamed for having bought them

There's nothing inherently wrong with linearity, that's just the open world meme corrupting your gullible mind. It's that AAA fuckers suck at linear level design now.

An open world berserk-styled game wouldn't even necessarily be bad, if it leaned into the day/night cycle and had a more freeform story

Come to think of it, that's sorta what dragon's dogma was, though they pussied out on the night being dangerous

I might be posting on a Taiwanese imageboard but i'm not that much of a degenerate

Kitt Katt is infinitely superior to Twix

So simon's quest?

Next you're going to to tell me Hershey's is good. It's all fucking garbage, all anglo-american chocolate is.

Simon's Quest day and night cycle wasn't that bad, the problem was the constant interruptions

No thanks, I prefer dark chocolate and sea salt chocolate

I have sad news for you user

Well, i never watched the anime, only read the manga, so when i heard the behelit song…Well, it's good but not exactly there you know…Behelit is the key to Hell, it's a depraved, chaotic, cursed object. The song should be more like a mix of Joker song with everything (limp bizkit) mixed with Dividead Door, or a more sick Dividead Door… This song is what comes to my mind the most when i am immersed re-reading the manga over the years….Hope to see the end before the writer dies…

You sir, are a man of taste, a real connoiseur

You both disgust me

Just give me Dreamcast Berserk. But instead give me painstaking detail in all art assets. Then make a combat system that feels closer to monster hunter, but is centered around maintaining flow, timing and positioning to swing the dragonslayer around at high momentum, annihilating all similar sized enemies, while lopping off bits of bigger enemies on direct hits.
I think if I were to choose when to set it, it'd be everything leading up the end of the slug count arc. Beginning just after the eclipse. Black Swordsman arc doesn't get enough love.

Chocolate is shit, Caramel is superior

MangaDex English:
mangadex.com/chapter/105870/1

Thank you based user
Better than nothing

Good shit user!

Casca is awake after 22 years niggers.

The time has finally come

MIURA I SWEAR TO GOD YOU BETTER NOT DROP THE BALL NOW.

Cheers user.

TFW Caska becomes godhand plant.

I just want her to admit she liked getting raped

Guts will help her deal with the pain, right?
Right!?

No.

SHES GONNA GO BERSERK!

kill yourself

Shit, uploaded wrong picture for middle one

I'd like to see that just for the immense butthurt it would generate

The Golden age was a great drama, but I really loved the man vs. monster thing Miura had going where every fight was on the edge of death and required Guts to think. Now he has fuck you armor and a healer, so there's no risk anymore. Sure, you know there's plot armor before that, but now there's literal armor in front of the plot armor that simplifies every fight into "attack it harder".

That would be kind of a weird thing to say even if it wasn't totally obvious

Guys, what if once she goes berserk, all her combat experience comes back to her and she's able to kill both Farnese and Schierke before Guts can get to them.

One can only hope

You're right, I prefer traps and moeshit.
do i fit in yet xd

here's the fags I'm talking about. berserk is for faggots.

What's the point if we have no idea what the fuck anyone is saying, or if it's some mangled salvage of a machine translation likely to get statements completely backwards as neither Korean or Nip machine translate well? I want to enjoy this dumpster fire properly.

I'm guessing he's using google translate then using context to make a shitty but fast translation

That would suck, honestly.
Part of Guts' charm comes from him going berserk, another person doing it would be weird.

THREADLY REMINDER
CASCA IS A NIGGER
We thank you for your time

The Waiting Game

I really like Musou games, and the Berserk one is awful. Playing through the story was a horrible slog, because Musou gamplay is basically completely anti-thetical to how the world of Berserk is supposed to feel. In Berserk, killing 100 men alone was enough to land him legendary folk hero status even in the wake of Griffith fucking rebirthing the world in magic. In Musou killing less than 100 dudes means you got a game over. There's some neat gameplay ideas that are kind of worth seeing in a gameplay-tourist kind of sense, but the levels are pretty fucking boring. It's almost entirely "walk from point a to point b killing enemies" without any of the traps, ambushes, or anything that makes Musou games interesting. There are 4 total stages that are worth remembering at all that managed to have a modicum of fun, and 2 of them are completely made up and have nothing to do with the story. There's a sequence of stages where Guts fights random bandits, because they needed to put gameplay in between a bunch of cutscenes while Guts spends a year deciding to try and rescue Casca's mind, and then it ends with you getting to the fucking boat.

After my experiences above with the musou game, I'm pretty firmly of the opinion that "non-canon spinoff" is about the only way to do a decent Berserk game.

It's actually been a thing for years, just not in america.

I can at least hope this makes more idiots kill themselves by eating the real thing.
archive.is/fARu0

Is this supposed to be a fucking joke?

I don't understand?

tide

Nani?

Caramel is just overcooked milk butter.

And cheese is just curdled milk, your point being?

I'm afraid (You) have reached your spoonfeeding limit for the day. Buy an Holla Forums pass to receive more!

Eating Tide pods was a pretty popular meme some weeks ago, some government agencies tried to blame Tide but nothing came up of it.
Then some candy companies made this shit

What an absolutely retarded thing to do, since I don't browse the net beyond this site I had no idea about this.

The lactose in milk turns into lactulose if you overcook it and canned milk has a caramel aftertaste to it, I just don't really care for it all that much as I used to as a kid.

Talk about living in a bubble jeez

Pods have been a thing for over a decade in Australia man

Well, i learned about it from shadman.

If he doesn't do it, what's gonna happen next ? I mean, now that they've cured casca are they just gonna lay down in the fairy kingdom doing jackshit ?

Didn't ShindoL made a Berserk Casca fan art?

did you just now realize that chocolate exists in the middle east?

There better not be a shit ton of filler and gay shit happening now, with how slow the manga comes out.

I did like the filler with Chitch though, made me cry.

>shadman

Kys

I didn't realize cacao beans had throats to cut.

The internet's made it a bit overrated, but it's pretty good.

TELL ME WHY TELL ME WHY TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT
DONT KNOW WHY DONT KNOW WHY DONT KNOW WHY YOU FRAID
TELL ME WHAT TELL ME WHAT TELL ME WHAT YOU SAY
DONT KNOW WHY DONT KNOW WHY TOO LATE ITS TOO LATE

The dreamcast game was something else.
mainly because I wasn't familiar with 15 minute long cutscenes inbetween slaughterfests

I enjoyed the discussion on Holla Forums and /a/ back in 06 when scanlations were still being worked on and Berserk was more relevant back then before the boat.

S4m3 f4g ^^

The internet makes everything overrated or underated. Depends on which part of the spectrum you are

That should've been the easiest thing to market to western audiences, just an angry guy with big choppy thing. But instead Guts looks really bored and depressed.

Agreed.

Shame too as the game was pretty decent and had a pretty cool story, along with QTEs that actually mattered. Guts is running across a bridge, bandits are cutting the ropes. Succeed the QTE and you jump across the bridge and end up in a fight to slaughter the bandits. Fail it and you fall into the river and have to fight a horde of monsters. Bosses were big monstrous things as well.

Sorry guys but there really ain't anything deep about this. It has nothing special about it anymore. If wasn't for the detailed art of demons and stuff this would be a pretty meh tier manga and even more meh story.

pods are literally 15 years old you spaggot

I liek that very few people mention how the godhand are hellraiser cenobite inspired.

and even that degraded pretty significantly since the return from hiatus

>>>/cuckchan/

What pisses me off is that we went from a badass outcast killing Demons infiltrated in society that was pretty grounded and depictic gruesome medieval tier thing, to a fucking shounen fantasy full of quirky characters and magic that can go into people dreams.

What about the monster bug that gives Guts nightmares and feeds off his fear? The translation I read called it an incubus.

that's pretty grounded for Berserk user, the characters gripe is legit but not the magic part

Part of the curse by the supernatural enemy

Except it's not, there was no magic bullshit by humans in the world until Schierke.
It was pure evil vs pure steel with gore and rape inbetween.
Of course Isidro is also shit as he doesn't immediately die where grown men would in an instant.

It makes everything overrated. Nothing's underrated when there's autistic communities about everything.

lol, berserk has never been shounen fantasy. It has always been about the journey of guts, and with fantasia and griffith's return it added fantasy monsters, dimensions and introduced magic. Now that casca's healed, guts' probably gonna fight griffith and battle everything he constructed, it's gonna get dark again real soon like said

Griffith's godhand form is basically the main character from Phantom of the Paradise.

I find it funny how even with his black demon hawk armor, griffith still looks like a fag.

He still is a fag.

'm not the one welcoming newfags who came here from fucking shadman. I think it's you who should go back.

And when did I do that you brown stanked anal bead?

So what's your problem with my posts then you assburger?

Well yeah, but you can be a fag and not look like it, in griffith's case, even as a demon he still looks like a fag.

All before Schierke

there was no magic bullshit by humans in the world until Schierke.

Does he cuck his best friend in that movie too?

This is the Griffith with no friends. Still gets tortured in a prison, sells his soul, then kills people for revenge.

Pretty much anything that's Japanese and dark fantasy from the last two decades is going to be at least partially influenced by Berserk.

damn those sneaky stealing japs

Because it was originally intended to be a Berserk game until that fell through/got shitcanned.