RTS Thread

News wise:
>Relic seemingly will crash and burn if when they fuck up Age of Empires IV which is a Windows 10 exclusive
>Battlefleet Gothic Armada II will supposedly focus on Single Player this time rather than flogging a dead horse and fucking up multiplayer continously which in turn fucked up the entire game

Shit to do:

Free games that anons can play easily together:
>Dawn of the Tiberium Age DTA

Buyfag games that anons can play easily together:
>Age of Empires II HD Edition aka the cucked edition

So with all that done, why haven't we played Warzone 2100 yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

commandandconquer.com/
infinite-interactive.com/forum/showthread.php?216-If-we-were-making-Warlords-Battlecry-4
archive.is/j7ime
cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Command_&_Conquer:_Arena
kingart-games.com/
kingart-games.com/page/1-company
displate.com/jakubrozalski/world-of-1920
artstation.com/jakubrozalski
us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/starcraft
loremipsumgenerator.com/generator/?n=5&t=s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You forgot that Ancestors Legacy is STILL in the open beta and they seemingly will keep it so for at least one tournament.
what is it this time? I thought that they tried making C&C4 MMO, but I didn't care to research.

They basically tried to recreate Warzone 2100 but it was like 8-Bit Armies in terms of just feeling way off.

Anyone hear that they're making warcraft 3 24-player when they remaster it?
Imagine the clusterfuck that would make games like footman frenzy or vampirism become
I would definitely be excited for a 24 player metastasis, map sizes would definitely need to be increased though

I highly doubt it, considering the thing to do these days is to reduce player counts than increase it :^)

True user
I'm actually terrified how nuBlizzard is going to fuck this up
Warcraft 3 was my favourite game for years, easily more than a decade

Because last time I've checked newest stable and the only multiplayer supported version was so broken even the community itself made a huge petition thread to rollback a previous stable version as the new one effectively killed the multiplayer.
Shit had like 100+ posts signing it, yet the devs didn't give a fuck about it.
FOSS Warzone 2100 is a mess.

commandandconquer.com/

Burnout Paradise remaster lmao

So which is the good version?

Going to be honest user, I only started playing C&C games when red alert came out and red alert 2 was probably my favourite RTS game until warcraft 3. age of empires came close and i didn't hear about warlords battlecry 3 until much later
I don't much care fore for C&C 1 or 2 when compared to them

The biggest joke here was the talk of a mythical "February patch" that'd fix a lot of issues in DoW3. Instead of a patch we get a release that all support of DoW3 is dropped.

This is why you have a test branch and a stable branch.

The versions that were around the time I stopped caring about Warzone were 3.2 [broken beyond belief] and the 3.1.5.

Sounds to me like they fixed the issues then.

C&C RA 1 and 2 are gr8, especially at multiplayer. Maybe we could get anons to play them at cncnet sometime?
Also non-HD AoE2 with userpatch at voobly or gayranger is a good option too.

There's also a mod, WololoKingdoms, that adds Forgotten+Kangz+Rajas to the original AoE2. Unfortunately it has some DRM which checks your Steam account for them. Someone should make a DRM-free version.

Don't you love when game devs assume that good plans are akin to being overpowered? This reminds me so much of how 6s are the main competition in TF2 despite them being the most boring ass shit to watch and play unless you bend the rules.

That would require a coderfag to get done, although it should be fairly simple since WK converter is open source/got a repo at SJWHub.

this is the same shit that happens in starcraft professional matches, certain characters and tactics become the most useful and it ends up with certain anons doing the same thing over and over
E-sports are the main contributors for this shit

Just fuck my shit up fam

it's not that they're open sores, it's that nobody pays for development, so there's nobody they answer to

In the case of Warzone 2100 those devs shouldn't be so arrogant and listen to the community feedback, something along the lines of "Ok we realized we screwed up with the new stable version, we are going as time allows revert to the older version and use that as the stable version.", if 100 people are "angry" about this broken release then it shouldn't be scrubbed off so fast.
If not for the community and the team then who else? That the programmers are going to cook their own soup with no direction? Might as well give up with this project then if they are not that interested anymore.

infinite-interactive.com/forum/showthread.php?216-If-we-were-making-Warlords-Battlecry-4

No one's gonna mention the fucked age of empires one remake?

How is it fucked?

because its shit and we just got DoW and AoE4 is coming out

It hurts everytime i read it
Fucking phone games being more profitable is why we can't have nice things
Candy Crush fucked everyone over

It's a complete graphical overhaul of the original but on the same engine. Everything is redone even the music with as far as I know, no option to use the original aesthetic despite being very possible. That's also besides the performance issues and lag, good luck playing it with anyone outside a five mile radius too.

I'm getting strong vibes here, must be déjà vu or something?
remasters are shit 9 times out of 10

don't forget that expacs weren't included there, Satan

…so, no WZ2100?

So how DID they fuck up wz2100?

I'd rather RTS stay dead

It isn't anything new, just the third attempt to push End of Nations. You would think after ten years they would have given up on it. I am more upset that we still don't have mod support for 8-bit games.

are those 8-bit games even good? I played them all for a bit and thought they are soulless.

I'll give money to them if the game is actually good, I don't believe on not paying for games that i can like and afford as long as the money goes to the actual people who made it
protip its not good

I won't say they are good, but they aren't bad either, just like every game in the RTS genre that isn't SupCom or TA. Them being good or not doesn't really matter though if they were to get modding tools as mods can fix everything.

Probably some retarded DRM or complete drop of modding and map support.

You know as soon as you mentioned it now I remembered why, it's the same reason we gave up on Empire at War, the MP is fucked. This is really embarassing for me cause I used to play WZ2100 MP a lot

Tiberian Dawn did not exactly age well, Tiberian Sun when you look at it feels like a lot of shit was missing from the game. Red Alert is surprisingly still good fun after all these years though I didn't care much for Red Alert 2 as I don't like the setting that much. I did play Red Alert 3 recently and discovered some pretty good mods in particular the Red Alert 1 Mod for it which makes me hope that the OpenSAGE devs one day release a good build.

For what purpose?

One of the things I swear that makes Ancestors Legacy actually fun to play is that you get the vibe that they didn't chase the "Muh e-sports" market.

Holy shit I remember that. The devs for that engine tinker with shit for no reason.

If I am honest I blanked it from my mind. That's also a Windows 10 exclusive so already it is beyond fucked.

Problem is that the market is so oversaturated now that they actually aren't now. Being first to the punch means that those who were quick to come out made a profit; but now it's akin to watching how everyone kept fucking up for want of a better example making MMO's trying to be WoW.
(Satanic check)
You aren't wrong Satan, I think to this date the only company I know that's done a good remaster of a game has been THQ Nordic.

I have no idea why devs keep shunning this. Even Stardock fucked over Ashes of the Singularity with this. It's like they want their games to die.

8-Bit RTS are decent, but that's the problem. They are just decent. Don't do anything that stands out or makes them amazing. Petroglypth are fucking retarded devs though, quite literally they will ignore everything good about their last game are try something new. I mean for fucks sake they abandoned the Alamo engine cause of how poorly Universe at War did ignoring that the sole problem with that game was GFWL.

How did you find this board you dumb nigger?

can you play pedo versions on multiplayer or is that impossible?

Won't stop retards from chasing the Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow.
archive.is/j7ime

I always read into that as his cry for help. I felt like he must be suffering.

Also one thing I forgot to mention in OP
Will Turret-Chan ever get the same recognition as Pillbox-Chan?

How about playing the mindfuck that is Achron instead? There's no other RTS featuring an actual time travel mechanic to make a ginormous fucking mess of how you approach strategy when you know that base you're building now could become destroyed two minutes ago and that you'll have to travel to the future before the destroyed timeline's timewave destroys it and chronoport your guys back to the past to save the base from being destroyed before it catches up with the present. Other insane shit that happens is getting rushed in the north only to go back to the past and redo your base construction so that you put a bunch of towers there and when the timewave catches up the already built towers demolish the rush happening in the north only to discover that he already rerouted them in the past to now nail you in the south and then you find yourself chronoporting units from the present to the past to try to defend both places at once only to find out that you might be getting ambushed in the present when your base is now defenseless and as the successful base defense timewave catches up his units are now in some other goddamn place tearing your infrastructure apart because lol. Crazy fucking shit. It is awesome.

I pity him. The mobile interface sucks horribly for RTS. He's going to do one of those horrible underdelivering hatchet jobs then whine that the RTS market is dead when it doesn't sell. He won't acknowledge that he's making a monstrosity that cannot be described as RTS though.

Where ever you are I hope you're suffering.

If blizzard turned around and actually started putting out good games?
yes
However I'm going to pirate before i even think about buying it and i hope you faggots do the same as well, pirating i mean

B-but a-user-kun! Piracy is wrong and hurts game sales! The publishers told me! :^)

They haven't made a single good game since 2000 and that was Blizzard North.

It's impressive that EU is actually more credible about that (and useful for once).

They're also getting increased in the patch. If you mean filesize limit 1.27b already raised it to 128mb and if you use custom hosting tools like GHost++ you can ignore filesize limits anyway.

cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Command_&_Conquer:_Arena

It actually might be a cry for help
After SupCom2 sold like shit Gas Powered Games were bought by the Russian kikes at Wargame which prooceded to do nothing with the team despite the countless Jewgold they have.
Chris left the company not long after.

Do i need to find my old cd keys for battlenet?

I can't even get mad anymore
It's been 7 years, I barely knew this shit was out at the time and I just asked myself

pubg

Riveting story, more at 11

Yes, unless you want to play on Garena or PvPGN (battle.net emulation) servers like eurobattle.net. If you want to play on BNET you need CD-Keys though, unless you're joining one of those cross-hosted GHost games. But I'm not entirely sure what's up with the new Battle.NET that Blizzard is pushing.

I thought it was going to be for the remastered edition and that the old one would be the patched edition, however i'm scared they might just be trying to kill off the remaining users of warcraft 3 in a cashgrab

Having watched 8v8/6v6 casts of FAF for a while I'm getting really tempted to suit up and gate back in to SupCom. Any current or former players here?

Gooks don't have souls.

I keep meaning to get back into SupCom but I usually get distracted by something else. I used to play a lot back in the day but now I am rusty as hell.

like supcom game knight my dudebros

I'm glad I got the real HoMM 3 from GOG instead of this travesty.

Soon™
Real issue is getting fags together for a game. Supcom tends to have rather lengthy games
Think one proposal was getting anons together to do the co-op Campaign

I know it's an ultra simplified RTS but is Tooth and Tail any good?
Also is they are billions any good?

If we're banding together I can say already that I'm eurofag neet, 19 GMT and on (I don't need sleep anyways) is free game.

I've heard that They Are Billions is basically tower defence with extra steps, however I haven't played it.

I think the furry shit put most anons off but from what I've seen of it, it looks very forgettable
It's not that fun to play. Most of the time you end up restarting the map cause you get fucked over by RNG and spawn placement. I don't know if they changed shit up since then but it's definitely one of these games that gets old pretty fast.

Most RTS fags are Eurofags. Last time Burgers played RTS we got the Stanks Meme.

But he was Argentinian
still american though

Well he was only 56% Argentinian he was hiding in Paraguay
Also nips seem to really like Red Alert 2 and Red Alert 3

Fair enough
Wonder why…

They do produce some decent artwork of it at least.

Even if RA3 was mediocre garbage at least it was something.

It's a good engine hiding inside a meh game. Same issue C&C3 has. Base game is meh but the mods are pretty top tier.

This is what he looks like now
Also I can't find the gamedev instagram that he shilled? Maybe he deleted it out of shame and went for pottery full time? :^)

He looks like a wrestler. Does he browse /strek/?

Other than Yuriko, the japs seemed to have really fucking liked the Shogun Executioner.

He actually looks like a man now.

Plenty of swole at /wooo/ as well

Who doesn't want mechs on a non reelism RTS?
Fuck sakes

They also like Kirov's and Mental Omega.

Okay, I guess.

Speaking of /wooo/ he looks like GayJay Style's dad.

Hitler came back after fleeing to Antartica to rebuild his army.

Daily reminder that Kane won

Looks like a blend of Red Alert and Tiberian Sun units.

I hope Iron Harvest turns out decent.
There's a shitton of red flags from consoles to the devs asking if they should do a Kickstarter

What in tarnation

Is there a cute grill version of Kane too?

Yuri > Yuriko though

No shadow of a doubt. GDI are retarded

Fact they operate out of Facebook is a big enough flag alone.

There actually is.

devs of Battle World: Kronos are making Iron Harvest
they made 3 adventure games before that

Animu grill stuff aside, Yuriko had a hard life.

Uh oh.

Ew

You mean after all his games sold like shit. He wasn't making SupCom2 and AoEO because he wanted to, you know. Kings and Castles is what he wanted to make, and Wildman was his cry for help, but nobody wanted any of that and was content to watch the only person pushing the genre forward die a sad, quiet death.

Total War: ASSFAGGOTS enters open beta now, goyim
it also borrows model from World of Tanks (Wargaming is funding this shit), which means it's going to be 200% cancerous

I wanted Kings and Castles and never knew about Wildman while it was being kikestarted.

I swear RTS has had some of the worst online experiences for me, fucking hate playing with Ruskies. No wonder nobody every bothers to learn.

git gud faggot.

Considering Hitler massively fucked up lategame strats despite a considerable early eco and tech advantage and then proceeded ragequit life, you didn't do so bad in comparison.

I am and going to shit on the slavic fucks

wew

But that's the opposite of reality.

There is a line between being new and being shit, and of course the russians on the other side of that line are absolutely awful.

you are supposed to play campaign first

CIA confirmed he lived.

you're going to get destroyed by the "balances" they've done and the elitist fuckers playing but I'd be done for something maybe

If we ever got a real WB4 would you want another story like in 1 or another conquer the map dealie like in 2 or the adventure mode 3 provided?

everytime tbh

Say it with me now: "Fuck actiblission and fuck Warcraft III"

nobody ever told me this until recently

Anyone managed to pirate War Front: Turning Point, let alone get it to run on Windows 7? It looks interesting but i can't get it to work due to this hellish TAGES DRM.

Some folks are born to the play the campaign
Oh they're green and confused
And when the hostfags yells "learn to play"
Ooh they point the vote kick at you lad
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no Single Player Scrub!
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't a tutorial playing fag, no

I would like what warlords battlecry 3 had, reminds me of dawn of war dark crusade
sort of

there's something I want opinions on in RTS games. The Tactical Strike, meaning: the disruptor drops, the gunship snips, early flame tank, fast helix or chinook, blademasters harass, jump-jet harass. why is it that RTS games tend to only favor these kinda moves as game enders over any other tactic?

Because RTS games are inherently incompatible with multiplayer.

On the one hand you have to give expensive units enough power for them to feel useful and strong for their cost, but at the same time getting them early is a big curbstomp ticket. This can't be fixed, so the only option left is to legitimately git gud, as in play really fast like a korean, to win games.
But then putting so much effort into a game outweighs the fun, and begins to feel more like a chore for some people, so it's a dead end for the genre. New players being stomped by veterans who play like madmen to win is the main reason why RTS died, among other lesser reasons.

Seriously that community is full of massive ego cunts. Always freaking out about something (in usually bad English). I remember when I used to read comments on maps before downloading. Saw them (the map makers) raging on each other in there too.

I just started with the skirmish vs AI. Work your way up the difficulty in 1vs1. Start on smaller map sizes too, but go bigger as you get better. Team matches may have you lean on teammates too much and not learn how to properly cover your own shit as most people force roles on their team. Like rear player going air, or players near water going navy/etc.

I agree there. Unless it is among friends of course. Those are fun. Randoms not so much.

this can be fixed with different play skill pools for multiplayer though

the maps in supcom aren't anything interesting anyways so if the map makers are getting in like that then I don't hold much for the community on the whole

RTS is the origin of the term "smurfing"

pros usually only do that because they can't get a legitimate match otherwise

2 was more similar to dark crusade than 3 since there was actual territory control involved. But I understand what you mean with the persistent buffs from going on particular adventures in 3. The main 'story' of 3 was dogshit though.

Problem is that most of the time pros don't even smurfs because they get paired with shitters compared to them and go back to their original account

getting paired with a shitter when you're a pro isn't an issue so long as they're not actively fucking your shit

If you ever see a "noobs only" lobby it's typically a faggot trying to pad their stats in an RTS game hoping to attract some new player they can easily stomp. They will kick anyone who looks like they have remotely played before. RTS communities are infested with faggots like that. I remember once staring at the Company of Heroes lobbies for an hour last year and it was nothing but "noobs only" and faggots bitching in chat that the game was dead and nobody was joining their lobby.

You underestimate the brutality of the RTS community.

oh I get that

that's another thing, literally what's the point of giving a damn about "scores" when what should matter is how (you) play

Most of the RTS community that believe that for some reason multiplayer is more important have a very twisted sense of "fun"
Hence why Mental Omega devs believe that Commando missions are the best thing since sliced bread.

Stats in games are often complete cancer. It's like how in objective based games that you will get faggots who will throw an entire match to protect their precious "K:D" Retards think it promotes competitive play but in reality it only promotes cancerous play.

couldn't agree with you more, it's the kinda thing companies cultivate because those are the types of players who end up as the biggest whales

They also tend to be the ones that cry the loudest. Quite a few times I've seen that if they encounter a player who dares bring something that is outwidth the established meta and worse have success with it, they will scream about it needing nerfed without even attempting to counter it. Now I know there are quite a few games where balance has been godawful and killed it, but seeing faggots complain that only "x" tactic should be viable has also killed off quite a few games mods in particular suffer heavily from this balance approach

you bet your ass that's what happened to faf though, they really fucked the balance around quite abit to the point where I think currently aeon or seraphim have the edge

c&c mods tend to be either "I've only ever played tib wars" or "lets stick my OC faction in btw it's OP" very few are actually worth it and the ones that are half of them just have a ugly style to them.

If I remember about faf someone got absolutely buttblasted by a Cybran player and they in turn nerfed the faction into the ground. but if my memory serves correctly this goes back to base Forged Alliance where Cybran got nerfed to the point they lost their game ender units. Removing the range on the Scathis was a mistake

Cybran though was always the bloody meta because of this unit. it didn't used to have a slow turning turret and thus could outperform basically every other t1 unit

There was a rumour they lost the development archives of the original AoE which is why they had to redo fucking everything, but since they got a working game out of it no one really cares in the mainstream except autists.

You should have an RTS on the PC, and combine it with allowing players to control the tactical situation on mobile.

You could literally do that to one of your players. Have the ability to assign units either to yourself or them, if they get too uppity and want to revolt you can kill'em off.

the issue is the mobile aspect of that idea, you'd need the game to be able to be controlled and run on a iphone which would limit it massively

Until they become powerful enough, but it would probably work with an older 2D game with an expanded map for combat purposes.
Could restrict it to tablets too until that point.

Sodomite Union? is that what it says?

touch screens are also generally slower because inputs are abit more iffy

Force the 10 000 inputs per second gooks to do it, they like MOBAs too.

how about no mobile

Then no tactical options.

you didn't really understand what I meant by tactical strike

I will never understand people who don't play tutorials or campaigns and expect to somehow do good online.
Ruskies are indeed awful team mates 99% of the time though.

I try to get into it every now and then but am turned off by seeing nothing but setons, thermopolye and rohan.

I got a Generals 2 torrent from some Viet site. Couldn't run it so I deleted it. I wish there was a playable mirror of it

I'm certain there is because the usual shoutcasters have it

Since we're talking about FAF again, has anyone played TA: Escalation? I've been fucking around with it and it seems like an interesting bridge between TA and SupCom gameplay.

Russians sperg out a lot in FAF but woe is onto you if you enter a brit or burger premade game as a solo.
It will basically be the same shit, except you will understand all the insults.

I am willing to play with you, Satan.

user, it's fucking common sense that you use the single-player to get started and familiarize yourself with the mechanics. It's also common sense that if you don't even learn the basics of the game and play online you will suck so horribly everyone will make fun of you and not want to play with you. I have no idea how you managed to be dumb enough that someone needed to tell you that you should probably learn to play before you start entering the multiplayer where people expect you to play better than the AI.

I used to play Arma 3 on a public coop server where there was routinely fags that would show up and not know how to do things such as fire their weapon.

Should the Total War thread be merged with general RTS threads? I know they are popular enough to warrant their own thread but…

This is looking to be decent year for RTS.

The last thing Holla Forums needs right now is less vidya threads. We have room for over 200 threads on the board anyway, whats with the need to condense?

I don't think TW is similar enough

Duly noted.

But yeah you have a point, strategy games should get big enough to warrant their own thread again.

Those fags were the people who'd get laughed at and shat on for being cripplingly retarded.

No? That's how you end up with general thread cancer. You can have a thread to natter about shit but if you try to force everything to be generals only you're just gonna shit up the board with weird circlejerk threads that are isolated subcommunities unto themselves.

It's not a problem unless we're seeing the threads converge to a point of being more-or-less duplicate threads.

Talking about Petroglyph, they were retarded for not making sequels and improving on Universe at War when it's certainly one of the best and most memorable games they have done with a decent mythos/faction around it.

they are so retarded they didn't make a sequel, even a spiritual, to any of their games but 8-bit shit, even though there was no reason to

I dunno, Grey Goo just doesn't look that fun to me, despite being well-funded.

with always online DRM & metadata botnet

Grey Goo was fine I felt, but it does feel like a bit more of a toned down, serious version of Universe at War to me. It was sad watching them try to promote the game for esports and having zero buzz around it.

I wish UaW wasn't so buggy, makes it hard to want to go back to it.

God Emperor Perserve us

End times of a game

Iron Harvest Kikestarter

In SupCom there's several factors that mitigate this: the commander obliterates unaccompanied early t1 spam, t2 and onwards is strong enough to maintain both balance and cost effectiveness, and every wreck is reclaimable so the same mass you put into an early rush will come back to kick your ass 5 minutes later.

Bad sign man.

Wait, I thought it was already on kikestarter

user, they were planning for A kickstarter. Again they were planning back then but now they go Full Kike

So what's the current chance of them running money extortion scheme instead of legitimate "indie" gaem development?

It's been long since I've heard anything regarding 1920+ project moving any forward.
Would make me really sad if they pull Scam Citizen or Mighty No.9 Conman.
On the other hand they have made some games in the past and they are deutsch cucks, so I dunno.

Are they germs or are they polacks?

Thought they are polacks since only polacks make games about polacks?

Germs, apparently
kingart-games.com/
kingart-games.com/page/1-company

The author of 1920+ world/theme is a polnische banditen, but the studio making it is german.
displate.com/jakubrozalski/world-of-1920
artstation.com/jakubrozalski

RTT

Somebody should edit the megaman/MN9 wiki to add inafune con man as a boss

Come on m8, this is bad idea

Due to Relic Killing off DOW III and AOE IV gonna be a moba again in which it might kill off relic. I hope Creative Assembly take over and make Dawn of War IV since atleast they got potential to make an RTS Though Halo Wars 2 range from meh - ok

mixing RTS and 4x was a good idea though

Too bad Ashes of Benchmarks didn't do too well :^)

what do you mean my hover ship tech demo didn't do well?

thousand unit combat!
real time projectiles physics!

No shit when the art style is absolute garbage.

I'd say 50% chance for outright scam, and 85% chance for the end product never coming out. It does seem like it has the same signs painted all over it that Mandate had. That went to complete shit as well.

mixing anything with RTS is NEVER a bad idea

There really needs to be a mod in the vault that undoes every "balance" patch since the Cerberus nerf, including the Cerberus nerf.

You are worthless trash. Go be a nigger somewhere else.

And he STILL would have won had the Japanese been worth a shit as allies and blockaded Vladivostok, preventing the majority of American shipments from reaching the Soviets between 41-43.

Worthless fucking nigger.

The Scathis is mobile, dipshit, and it having the same range as the Mavor was retarded, and the problem with the cheap, spammale Monkeylord that made it a ghetto endgame unit was that it was cheap enough be end the game extremely quickly because nothing could stop it at the 20 minute mark.

If you can pull a ML that early you deserve to win though.

You didn't read that. The Monkeylord used to be cheaper. A LOT cheaper. Although even now, if you have the eco, they are still eminently spammable and dangerous with the right micro.

They really screwed marketting up on it not once, but several times. First pushing it as a tech demo rather than full game. Second was the Expansion vs DLC fiasco

Shit nigger, what are you doing?

So how long till their Nod ripoff shows up?

I don't think they cared about that what so ever, their team was nothing coders and tech guys from sins of a solar and some other places

iirc there was a G2 mod for generals of cnc3
or at least someone was making it

make the green and yellow - black and red and you got a ripoff

they can rip off the Tiberium wars tib for all I care. it's generic and bland enough to fit into anything

you mean brown?

What? I just described the original tiberium.

original Tib did not have much of a crystal to it

dunno why I posted two of the same image there

Tib sun does though and it's glowing as well

The crystal's always been the focus. the pods and veins are just means of spread, not the substance itself.

Fun fact: The devs of Tiberium Wars actually hired MIT scientists to develop a legitimate study report on how Tiberium mutates into what it became in the game and explain in detail how it actually spreads and infects carbon based life to have a 100% believable design. Prior to this, Tiberium was mostly explained by vague descriptions with a bit of handwavium.

however Tib war has the same kinda sized crystals as the one in that video.

>actually hired MIT (((scientists))) to explain something which didn't need it

Just imagine if it happened in real life inb4 /k/ becomes Nod

The whole point of Tiberium has always been that humanity is figuring out a new alien substance before it kills everything. The Tacitus has existed since the end of Tiberian Dawn for this exact plot point and has been one of the main plot driving points since then. Each game reveals a bit more about Tiberium, it wasn't supposed to be a 100% incomprehensible world-ending alien crystal that does what it does "just because".
Why would you write off the central point of your game's story as "the green glowy crystal that kills people" and absolutely nothing beyond that? That'd just be lazy.
All they did in Tiberium Wars was explain how Tiberium infects carbon-based life and what it irradiates. Beyond that, it's still as unknown as it was in Tiberian Dawn, hence why Ignatio Mobius, Tratos, Kane, CABAL and the Tacitus are the 5 main plot points of the series.

The Tiberium saga IS about discovering more about Tiberium itself.

Nod doesn't go innatiberium, Forgotten do

Tiberium dawn was political commentary on the oil conflict at the time, I thought though?

Tiberian Dawn was just based on the Gulf War for the modern warfare setting, and everything else stemmed purely from the developer's creativity and desire to invent something of their own. The only political commentary in it as far as I know was the media manipulation theme.

fair enough then, I still legitimately hate Tib wars setting though

Well, I liked it, but I can respect your view.

But damn, the amount of effort the devs put into the game was astounding. I reinstalled Kane's Wrath lately and only now am I seeing the amount of care they put into it in just about everything.

You should see the /k/ thread

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They did a lot of great stuff with the game, from respecting Westwood's vision of introducing the Scrin in the third installment as a harvesting operation (which would've been their Tiberian Twilight), to developing the atmosphere from Tiberian Sun into the predicted future where Earth was essentially about to die, all the way down to voice acting, sound effects, animation, mechanics and graphics in the tiniest details for every single unit. Most of the stuff they did went unnoticed.
Hell, they even hired recognizable actors and raised the cutscenes' production value to include live action FMVs + CGI videos just like the originals despite the practice being nigh extinct for videogames by then.
Throw me a point regarding any aspect of the game you didn't like, there might very well be an explanation.

my points were that they changed the setting from a rather unique reclaim futurism to a post apocalypse futurism some other user said that but it really sums up my issues well and the lore explanation as to why that happened is pretty fucking retarded all together, why the fuck can GDI purge the entire plant of mutated Tiberium life when the extent of that mutation went as far as to change Algae, they'd have to remove algae from every bit of water on the planet. that's not something which could be possible within 17 years

Ayylien tech lmao.

what a wise option GDI has conceived!

GDI failed to figure out the Tacitus and translate its information about Tiberium and how to stop it, as they've been trying since the end of Firestorm, to the point of almost breaking the damn thing. After Nod's defeat, they created the ZOCOM detatchment to develop numerous methods of containing and preventing Tiberium infection with sonic emitters, advanced harvesting methods, Tiberium-proof suits, etc. on top of purging the planet of Nod and mutants.

Actually creatures like Visceroids still exist in the game, and the Forgotten were supposed to have a lot more mutant types, if it weren't for EA rushing the dev team to release the game.

C&C 3 was actually supposed to have naval combat on the level of RA3, but EA tightened the devs' deadlines and it had to be cut altogether, hence why you don't see much detail regarding open waters in the game, though some aspects did survive, like the naval units for not and GDI. It's safe to say that Tiberium algae was most likely supposed to have made an appearance in order to add more complexity to the setting. As for smaller water bodies, they added their own flair by coming up with Tiberium Glaciers - essentially crystallized biological life (microscopic and microscopic) in lakes, rivers and seas.

so their plan was to panic delete pliers of life on earth. gudo writing

I'm certain that's just down to fan pandering, even though Tiberian fiends would make more sense for that

just stop those shitty "tiberium evolved to turn all the water on the planet to Glaciers" is such a retarded thing

Why did EA come with with a ton of retarded shit when you can just handwave Tiberium as alien bioengineering to terraform planets?

It's retarded because that was ALMOST their excuse in C&C3…

muh MIT proton matrixes though

The plural of matrix is matrices.

There were only 3 beings in C&C that could translate the Tacitus - Tratos, CABAL and Kane.
Tratos once worked for Kane in developing weapons based on Tiberium, hence why he knows so much about it, and how he knows how to make tiberium-based weapons and cyborgs. Eventually realizing what he's done, he escaped Nod and sought refuge with GDI, who promised him safety in exchange to him translating the Tacitus for them (because they didn't know how to). CABAL hunted down Tratos to the GDI base his lab was in and killed him. From that point on, GDI's guess on how to translate the Tacitus and find a way to truly stop Tiberium was as good as the average person's.

This is all Tiberian Sun lore.

I doubt it. Visceroids have always been there. Hell, they were even in C&C 4. A Tiberium game without visceroids would be like a Tiberium game without Kane. I believe that if the devs were given more time, they would've certainly added more tiberium mutants. By alas, EA fucked things up for them.

Nigger it didn't. There's still normal-ass water in the game. Normal-ass water also has minerals and salts in it. Guess what Tiberium does? It gathers minerals and concentrates them into crystals.

What the fuck user, this is fucking Tiberium 101.

Because Tiberium isn't bioengineered. It's the Scrin's food source and raw building material.

eh fair play then tbh

pretty much

oh? just the other day someone said it did so I was basing that aspect on what was said

Actually now that we're talking about it, there's this bit about Tiberium algae:

This suggests that Tiberium was indeed crystallizing water through its minerals and wildlife since Tiberian Sun, eventually growing unchecked in yellow/red zones into becoming glaciers, while GDI focused their reclamation efforts in blue zones, hence why there's still water in those areas. Globalist defense fags abandoning non-blue zones like usual.

I don't think it was becoming glaciers but more like an aquatic veinhole

Don't get me wrong, I too wanted to see the same amount of Tiberian wildlife as Tiberian Sun in Tiberium Wars, but thanks to EA, the devs at EALA had to cut a lot of things from the game. The Genesis Pit was cool as fuck.

Just to put it in perspective, though: EALA had the last few Westwood developers in its team before they all left EA after releasing Tiberium Wars. They also strongly opposed every idea EA's had since then, including things like C&C Arena and C&C 4. The folks at EALA are not to blame. They were pressured like all hell during the development of the game with deadlines and that shitty battlecast bullshit; way more than Westwood was before they broke due to EA's stranglehold, and they still managed to make a good game in the end.

oh I know very well how EA fucked everything up just by looking at what tib dawn had and what tib sun didn't

Doesn't mean it can't be something living, or nanomachines. They had trees and roots and absorbed ridiculous amounts of resources for their size. It's like alien wood.

I get the impression that veinhole monsters were meant to tentacle rape Nod lolis but were cut from Dawn before they could code it in

is that why nod woman have easy access ports?

Well Nod forces are designed for rapid insertions.

uguu

Well yeah it doesn't mean it can't be that, but doesn't mean it can be that either. A percentage of Tiberium is unknown, and being unknown, we don't know what it really is and can only speculate.

Thanks doc.

Since there's no game night this week any anons going to do DTA?

this shit doesn't work like that my nigger
also git gud

you can beat 99% of the the player base in ladder with that unit (and some mobile arty) so it can't be that shit

Wasn't there a gif with someone tossing a pencil in the buttcrack?

glad someone recognised where the idea came from

>Starcraft: Remastered version is $15, adds modern resolutions and shit, but if you want just original out of the box Brood War it's free ( us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/starcraft )

Nu-Blizzard cashing in on nostlagia…

I can't think of a better thread to ask this, and I don't think this deserves its own thread, so
What games let you manage FUCKHUEG armies? I'm talking total war scale armies, minimal base building shit, more fuck huge battles where you win by micro/tactics rather than gook clicking or hard counters.
Something like Hegemony, but functional and slower paced would be perfect, but anything that functions as a general sandbox with fuck off huge armies works.

Wargame maybe

Total Annihilation?
Supreme Commander?

microtactics generally don't mean much in games with huge amounts of units
I would suggest supcom, but that has significant base building
I think there are some mods for games that would allow what your looking for but I'm not sure which, maybe CoH or wargame
I heard that Ruse is pretty good when modded, but its also got similar base building to act of war which is like generals
Honestly RTT games mainly focus on having less units and not more, like dow2, and even then the largest ican think of is probably wargame however even then its not that large

Any good mods for Ruse? I haven't played it really, but it wasn't so bad, I think

Honestly wouldn't know, I've only heard about the mods here, I mainly played act of war or generals over it probably because i couldn't play multi due to shit internet and act of war had a good campaign

Unless damage has been upped considerably since I last played literally how? Usually one well maintained shield alone can tank it. Two and you can usually go read a book.

Looking at her teeth again what kind of dental plan does Nod have?

There was a mod that messed around with unit balance and economy i.e. expanding on 39 and 42 modes. The problem is that it is lost to time and R.U.S.E. never got proper modding support. There's quite a few units hidden in the game files for example that could easily be restored if you were to fix the models.

There is on her in game model

I'd rather have it funded with kikestarter than have it be pozzed by some cancerous publisher.

The same, now it rests on if the devs are pozzed or not.

It begins

well i guess its time then

Is it even funny anymore? All this suffering so we may not have good vidya

Why are the best faction missions in Tiberian Dawn so fucking shit?

Because GDI A-10 spam made the final missions into sandbag cheesing base turtle tactics.

is there anymore really autistic nod animu girls?

Probably but to find more we will have to brave deviantart

Nod missions are mostly Commando missions. We all know they are totally the best missions ever :^) sage for double post

is that first image a renegade X map?

Not uncommon for artists to take a famous scene and edit it. Like how EA even in the concept art for C&C3 ripped off a lot of 40k

It's not. it's from a dead Cryengine Mod linking Tiberian Dawn to Sun

glad it died then, those Tiberium crystals are tib war tier

Wew

seen a friend play it for an hour. Looked unimpressive all around. Bland voice acting, done by some bitch from the street who cant act. ininspired settting, just a meh feeling all around

it's a real 5/10 game. Technically competent, absolutely nothing more then that

Coming SoonTM (ish)

it was that web game, tib alliance

Anyone played Rusted Warfare? I am looking for an oldschool RTS and while the graphics look generic indie 16 bit (dont bother me that much if the game is good, my problem with that graphic style is how overdone it is in indie games rather than the graphics itself) the reviews are all positive and it is cheap. How active is the online?

Wrong. EA stole 40k designs for C&C 4.
C&C 3 actually recovered some of the original designs from Westwood that were first drawn for Tiberian Dawn, all the way back from 1995. Tiberian Dawn was supposed to be way more futuristic than the way it turned out.

no it was for Tiberium alliance

Oh, right. That one.

for the one tank i would say a twinbarreled steamroller tank is pretty generic but the baneblade makes it pretty fucking blatant.

Is this where the Scorpion Tank and the Beam Cannon come from too? Because those look way too silly.

it's an apocalypse unit

The original Beam Cannon design looked a lot more Westwood-ish, judging by the way they liked designing nod vehicles as curvy and flimsy. Also The Scorpion Tank looks infinitely better than the Tick Tank imo. I think it translates Nod's symbolism (scorpion themes, light hit and run vehicles) quite well. Compared to older designs it looks quite unique.

I want to say that the designs for Nod went from practical to silly

Never said it was perfect. And yeah the devs sort were dragging their heels not knowing where to go with it. "HEY LET'S MAKE BATTLEFIELD TIBERIUM! NO WAIT LET'S MAKE A TIBERIAN SUN PREQUEL! MAYBE WE SHOULD GO POST TIBERIAN SUN?

They were doing it long before that. They just never got caught. Famous example I can think of was a Nod laser rifle concept art design that looked very similar to a Plasma Gun from 40k. MARV also turned a few heads as it resembled an earlier subvariant of the Baneblade, I forget which one. Kane's Wrath Woleverines also look inspired by Chaos Dreadnoughts. EA got away with it cause they were not silly enough to use models in game or used such old 40k models as inspiration nobody noticed.

oWo whats this?

that seems to be the case with most modders who only played Tib wars

wew lad I heard nothing of this

Which one? The only ripoff I know was GDI using the rifles from Alien in Tiberian Sun.

I guess 40k invented giant tanks and tanks with more than one turret huh? Come on, dude, what Baneblade has 3 fucking barrels in its main turret?

That wasn't Nod, it was a GDI unit. I think it was a Zone Trooper and it was a whole host of them having weapons that resembled lasguns, autoguns, even heavy bolters.

Technically the Stormhammer depending on what version it is.

if anything they look copied from Star craft

the Marv is unique enough

You should see their Scrin concepts. Nothing EA had in the concept art department was original.

The MARV has an articulated section, 8 sets of tracks and one turret with a revolving triple barrel. Infantry can jump into it to occupy coax hardpoints over its treats, similar to what a modern MBT's coax gunner would operate the machine gun on top of the turret.

The Baneblade has a conventional modern tank design with no articulations, two sets of tracks, one main gun with a short barrel and already comes with 4 smaller cannons around it. The shit EA pulled in tiberium alliances here are blatantly obvious, but the MARV has nothing similar to it other than the fact that they're both giant tanks.

I didn't recognize anything unoriginal from the scrin except the mothership's laser attack and the Annihilator Tripod.

don't go to deviantart T someone who went to deviantart

The look of a man who uses his cosplay rocket launcher to molest women at night.

Is that Nightcrawler?

send help

Come to think of it I think is right. I do remember concept art being a little too inspired by other IP's

I warned you not to go to deviantart bro!

For shitposting purposes that is him it's not really

You mean these shits from C&C 4?

All I see are blank images user?

hlap

YOU WILL STOP BROWSING DEVIANTART AND POSTING THIS SHIT HERE!
YOU WILL DO THIS FOR MASTER LOLI!
YURI IS LOVE! YURI IS LIFE!

Yuri is a shit leader.

To be honest I fucking hate Yuri as a concept
He relies on meme control cause he has no real charm

haha

I don't get it. Did you click New Reply too soon?

You will be executed for this user.

don't cry for the thread

sry replied to the wrong post…
cerberus haven't been nerfed in faf - if anything they are stronger than before since gpg forgot that hitscan weapons don't need to lead target and the targeting was fixed in faf
the cerberus is still the worst t2 pd but you don't really need to worry about that since almost everything else about that faction is amazing

You can stop now.

"stop" he says

wew fam

loremipsumgenerator.com/generator/?n=5&t=s

OH THAT'S HOW LAZY ONE CAN BE

STOP

So much effort into the shading of a catastrophe.

haha

I'm saving the thread from your evil with the power of porn.

oh my

Fuck. 3D prints will save this madness.

I hope you're happy, user, I have nothing left. You took it all.

and my final attack!

are we feeling it now… the power of Tiberium

Soo- well, not soon.. But one day!

STOP IT

That's just a mod for Tib Wars.
Did you know MOBA originated from RTS as a mod at first? A Warcraft mod, mind you. And before that, we had C&C Sole Survivor, made by Westwood themselves. WW inadvertently created MOBA.

YAMETEE

Fresh Bread when?

never

when we'll reach page 13 :^)

NOW