Dark Souls Remaster

Dark Souls is one of my top three favorite games and I'm super excited to play the remaster as I never got to play the game when it was super active in the beginning. That being said, here's all the shit I'm not looking forward to in the PVP that plagued the original:

1) >guys loses to you
Here's a giant list of things a good percentage of the (salty) community bitch about being 'unfair':
uchigatana, iaito, chaos blade, mask of the mother, mask of the father, mask of the child, dusk crown, any havel armor, any giant armor, darkmoon blade, sunlight blade, ninja flip ring, hornet ring, all dark magic, all sorcery in general really, pyromancy, drake sword, shotel, falchion, all lightning, fire, and chaos weapons, large club, great club, all spears, great scythe, tin crystal cat, hollow warrior/solider armor, wrath of the gods, TWoP

It seems like over half of all viable equipment/abilities are off the table (unless they're the ones using them). Hell, you don't even need to use 'taboo' stuff. I've had people bitch about losing to me using a washing pole, great swords, a darkmoon crown, and even power within.

2) Cheating and pretending they're not wrong for doing so. I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. I fight without any cheats (never used them), I start winning, they break out the cheats. If you ask them why, they blame you for using legit gameplay. Examples:

Basically, cheaters will use any excuse to justify their cheating.

3) People who blame your play style when they lose rather than just getting better. I've been called a "cheater" for:

This is the first and only online game I have played. Maybe all online games are like this. Regardless, I really hate the DS community.

Other urls found in this thread:

e-hentai.org/g/1108204/47e710401f/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everything about this post screams reddit, OP.
It also screams being new to online communities

"This is the first and only online game I have played." So yes, I am new to online communities.

I feel like I may have ruffled your feathers. Did you see a bit of yourself in my criticisms?

The game is still active on steam with 1000+ people at any time and constant online presence (with third party software).

Dork souls

Checked.

Dark Souls is the new Assfaggots.

So you don't like when people accuse you of cheating for using tools they don't want you to use…
But you accuse people of cheating for using tools you don't want them to use?

Stopped read right there

Nice dubs thread OP

Have you ever played Dark Souls? The "tools" the cheaters are using are not legitimate things in the game. I'm accusing people who are cheating of cheating.

Of course you did, it was the end of the post.

If someone took a shit in your mouth then not only would it be the most thought provoking thing you've ever ingested, but it would be the smartest thing to come out of your mouth.

I didn't click this thread to get smart ass replies from some nigger jackass at 5 AM.
I'm out.

Half of your stories are about DBs, DBs are legitimate things in the game.

You can get very few of them in the game. Nobody would use them against a random PVP match unless they had a shit ton of them or an infinite supply. Which can only be done through cheating. If you have played DS and legitimately think DBs aren't cheating, it's because you're a cheater that doesn't want to admit what you are.

I never played pvp in meme souls

So my first post was spot-on? Alright then.

Is there a more redditly way to start a blogpost?

If you're crazy good at the game, you can beat it in 4 hours, but it gets harder with each NG+ at a max of NG+7, I think. So let's say 5 hours. You can get 9 per play through. You go through 99 grasses pretty quickly, so you'd go through 99 DBs even faster. So every time you wanted to get about 99 DBs (something you'd have to do pretty often if you PVP with them) you'd have to farm them for 400-500 hours every time. And that's if you're crazy good. Why would anyone farm DBs just to use in PVP matches especially if everyone would assume you cheated to get them? You'd be much better off just getting better at PVPing with those hundreds of hours. You're a retard.

Sorry, I did the math wrong. 40 to 50 hours.

You'd probably go through 99 of them within about 3 to 4 hours. Meaning about 90% of the time you're playing the game would be spent mindlessly farming. Just to fight dishonorably. No sane person would do this.

This thread smells a lot like rottenredditor. Never forget the cancer.

Delete this

PVP in Dark Souls has always been shit because of often terrible lag even with a good connection and because it was just tacked on to fuck around with, not some well balanced full game mode for competitive play. The faggots who actually take this shit seriously and get invested in it need mental help.

Not that funny, was more funny when people found out Cobalt was a tranny

You realize there are item dupes right? Plus, even if you just hack in 6 gorillion divines, just punish their heals and rape them when they try to run.

Welcome back, RottenRedditor!

Nice dubs, rottenhuman_

The DS servers were pretty bad. They were a lot better on Steam. It's almost a certainty that they'll be competent in the remaster now that From has money to kick around and a reason to invest since DS is so popular now.

I don't come to this board very often so I really don't know what you all are talking about. I mostly stick to Holla Forums. Are you guys really this concerned with the metapolitics of a fucking video game board? Shouldn't you be, you know, talking about video games?

What point are you trying to make here? "You realize that they're cheating in this one specific way, right?" They're cheating, who cares how they go about doing it. Also, I do beat most people who use DBs as they tend to suck ass (which is why they use them in the first place). That doesn't change the fact that they're cheating to give themselves a huge advantage. Being able to insta heal 100% makes the battle no longer a battle. It just becomes an attempt to humiliate a cheater by beating him quick enough or kicking him off a cliff.

Your autistic metaphor is really cringey, but I get what you're saying. Maybe I should get 99 DBs just to use on cheaters, a lot of veterans do. The reason I don't is because a DB vs DB wouldn't be fun at all and it just reinforces the cheater's behavior. In their mind, since I'd be doing it too they'd think it's just an acceptable way to play. Which, of course, it isn't. It's much more fun to kill them without cheating to both humiliate them and shatter their delusions of believing what they are doing is justified. And if they win, they'll most likely know on some level that it's an empty victory. Which they wouldn't if I, too, used DBs.

Though I don't fault honorable players for carrying around DBs to use on cheaters.

They're no more cheating than fishing for backstabs. It's an in-game exploit. Call it cheap, call them newfags, call them shit, but they aren't technically cheating.
Fuck are you whining for then? I don't believe you at all if you're going to whine this much; I'd wager you got served by someone after they took a sippy and got healed up.
Yeah, I can tell.

If she's so independent, why does she need a gentlemanly cock to stop being a depressed psychopath?
Checkmate, ateists.

Why do you keep meme spacing

practician taste

Because I don't let the arbitrary decisions of a bunch of virgins in an echo chamber dictate how I type. Breaking up thoughts and paragraphs with spacing not only makes it easier to read, it makes it easier for me to get my thoughts down.

Don't be such a damn sheep.

Asking a redditor why they're retarded is like asking fish why they need water to survive.

Have you ever read a book, nigger? No author ends a paragraph every 2-3 sentences. It looks retarded and if you can't read longer paragraphs than you need to see a doctor.

Everyone ITT is pretty bad, but OP you should really kill yourself.

Souls pvp fags are the most annoying and whiny bunch. If you invade some unsuspecting player who is just running through the game don't blame them for healing cause they don't want to die and lose their progress but if you heal in a pvp area and you were there for the intention of fighting another player than ya you are a pretty big piece of shit.

You have a hard time keeping track of what you typed and knowing when you're done typing down your thoughts if those small, few-sentence thoughts aren't spaced out with a double return? We aren't writing thoughts that need 20 sentences to effectively write. Maybe then it would be easy to overlook the extra space because the the single thought that needed that many words really is that complex, and benefits from that visual isolation. Don't be a nigger.

What's wrong with that? I'm assuming you're invading since they're using estus. You're the one invading, so what's the problem? They can do whatever they want.

You’d have a point, except by this point RedditHuman would have either backpedaled, sperged out, or shilled Overwatch.

Isn't DBs rare as shit though Mr.Trips? I mean you can get em ateast 6 of them per NG cycle. Humanities where its at.
Reminder that DBs are Gwynevere's milk and should be cherised accordingly

Try reading this thread and tell me he's not backpedalling right now

even if they use DB's its not like they are using the lol infinite health hax witch is honestly the only real line i draw in the fucking sand. and even then the people that use it tend to be aggressive stupid shits that are easy to bait off of cliffs.

and Carefull cakejew tends to be triggered my Mildred

HEH

oy vey redditors also contribute PPH silly goyim they're our allies in this PPH gathering scheme.

Autists frothing at the mouth about Redditors aside, what's with your boner about "honor"? You think anyone in a DaS PvP fight owes you a lick of honor? The DaS "muh honorable duel" mindset defeats the entire point of what an invasion is meant to be in the first place.

Candyslut is for tender loving, you bastard. Coffeeslut too.

because, when you parry a faggot who rushes you during a bow the following counter-attack kill makes my dick even harder then normal.

Well to be fair losing from people abusing BS'ING is something to be upset about. There's far less viable builds to use and fun to be had when you're just going to be chasing each other'a tail for 30 seconds at a time over and over again.
Dark souls pvp is shit honestly. People just like it because the skill floor (learning how Backstabs work) gives such a ridiculously steep advantage that you can trounce "casuals" for hours without being touched. Despite that they might just be refraining from backstabs to derive more pleasure from the game with builds not optimized for critical damage, there's no reason a build with low crit damage should beat a build that has high critical damage. A skill gap can exista, but the hornet ring alone closes that gap so much that not including it is almost a given loss if the opponent has one.

I'll just sit over here in the corner enjoying DAS 2, the only Souls game with decent PvP

Yep, you really are Reddit cancer.

kys.

Souls (all games) PvP is fundamentally flawed even in later games that fix instant backstabs. In 1 twinking is rampant and in later games random invasions are all but non-extistent, but the few invasions that did happen in 3 were probably the best and most organic. People who try to have duels and shit are really trying to make the game something it's not.

The only time anyone should engage in an "honor duel" is you were invited by a red soapstone, or in one of those arenas that Fromsoft made to appease you types. Makes you wonder why they didn't just disable estus and item healing (not rings, consumables) whenever in an arena. Heck, if someone really wanted to heal, they'd have to gimp their build and take the risk of casting a miracle, making healing something you have to considerably weigh, instead of it being the obvious thing to do once you take some hits and run away.
If you're just invading from red orb, then heals and phantoms are fair game, since "invasion" clearly implies that you don't belong in that world.

He seems more like he's from Holla Forums than from plebbit.

The only reason I want to have the remaster is for Switch so I can play it on long flights.

Looks like someone ran into a WALL. Not just any wall: THE WALL

Honorfags are the cancer of Dark Souls alongside niggers that summon phantoms and make them play the whole level.
If I invade someone i'm not going to do gay shit like bowing down or allowing them to buff

Where's the lie?

Thought I should share this with you guys. Enjoy.

VICTORY ACHIEVED

Boner, also despair

sauce

That was just silly

Worth it.

No wonder she kept getting BTFO.

I just want to say, it's bullshit that sunbros can invade other people and still get sunlight medals in DS3. What's even the point of joining a coop covenant if you get the same benefits by invading people?

You're gonna feel the sunlight's warmth whether you like it or not, faggot.

because it falls under the new normal for games, cant get locked out of anything for any reason cant have any hard choices that might fuck up your play threw. god forbid someone has to re-roll their character because then they might realize they never got better at your game. that their progression is entirely how much candy you gave them for doing stupid shit: for "exploring", for doing the bare minimal. You can –do–buy the dlc for blatant +4 rings of meta to be given to you the moment you reach the cathedral, pvp went to shit so we made a arena that is You guessed it DLC that feeds the fucking honoru duel cancer that set in scene the beginning of the game. while at the same time any twinked invader will have to face up against a level bullshit summon because "friends" wanted to play together. and don't give me the bullshit that oh their health is scaled down because while it is it doesn't make up for the extra options to kit that they have.(and hunting in the forest/swamp at level 20 is not the same as trolling the wall with a level 1 build) and of all the fucking hacking cancer its far more common in 3 than das. you think with invaders getting healing items they wouldn't feel the need to turn on the "1337 Infi health hack" the moment they met a challenge.

What an amazing conclusion.

Does the comic make you feel hollow inside?

But what if you like it?

this. why are faggots like OP not banned on sight

>pretty big deal in this corner of the net, honestly heh
Who am I?

Fuck off beaneroid

Is there any info out there of what they did with the remaster? Balance changes, finishing unfinished areas, remaking Bed of Chaos from scratch, etc or just higher res grafix?

Pretty sure it's just higher res stuff, I don't think they're changing anything else given how badly that backfired with DS2 remaster
It'll probably be a decent job since they're contracting it out this go around but I don't see any reason to buy into it unless you're really into ebin online duels

Is dark souls also this hard on NG+ or can you steamroll everything with a STR build?

You're just really bad mate. Meme Eaters aren't even hard if you're using good weapons with a high level build.

I must have tried ten times before finally getting them.
The clunkiness of my weapon kept getting me pushed off the stage, and if I hugged the center I was a giant target for the forward charge they do.
In comparison, I only died to the false King once I actually hit him so hard at times he t posed for a fraction of a second kek

Top wew. Most people who are called reddit may or may not be reddit, it's in the air, but not this time, you are reddit even if you haven't been that that dump in a while.

You're 100% right. Dark Souls pvp is shit and its made worse by the people who treat it like some kind of e-sport.

Man, PvP in Souls sucks ass so hard. Only games I lag on I swear. I can't even say I'm good or bad at it cuz of that.

if shit tastes bad why did you finish the whole plate?

Speaking of shit pvp, I was invaded in Anal Rodeo recently. The guy was some fashionsouls faggot spellcaster using the "I didn't read a guide" build of tin catalyst, crimson robes and great soul arrow. I was wearing the ninja outfit, crest shield and a winged spear +9. I stunlocked him to death in 5 hits but he disconnected right as his body disappeared so I couldn't get the souls and humanity. Fucking hilarious how broken the game is.

Consider suicide

Are you autistic? It's in quotes for a reason you mong. It's sarcastic in the "I'm NOT laughing at you right now" way.

Not valid. I only played and dropped the first one.

Yeah great game.

Fun and good are two different things. It's made to be easy to swallow, but the game itself isn't made well. What you just said is the equivalent to saying the Room was a good movie because everyone is watching it.

Tonal sarcasm does not translate through text.

the amount of time and effort is not comparable, sitting on your ass for 1 hour eating chips is not the same as wasting 40 hours beating the game, you'd need to have a special case of autism.

Some don't want to admit it, but DS3 fell into the hard in a cheap way category far to many times, often shrouded in exaggerated nostalgia.
"Hey there fellow Souls fan! Remember the Silver Knight archers on the buttresses? Well here's thirty of them!"
"Remember Gwyn? Well now he's unparryable AND he has an inescapable combo that kills you if you get caught in it even with 99 vigor!"

Are you implying DS3 requires any effort?

Here's all the shit I'm not looking forward to:

Kill yourself.

you have to hold the stick or key to walk, that much is more effort than it takes to watch a movie

Ah, so you whine about toggle escapes, backstab cancels, ghost hits, and other various pvp techs, right?

lmao reddit as fuck

Do you really think only experienced DS players will buy it? DS3 brought a ton of faggots to the series that never played the game before, and it's entirely logical that their second game will be the DS1 remaster. If you're NOT buying this game to bring a greatbow to Blighttown, you're missing out.

Holla Forums used to love Dark Souls. Then it got popular.

It is cheating and you being a massive faggot that doesn't know how to speak English won't change that.

I look forward to invading Nintendo fans with a twink build on the switch where they won't be able to cheat. It's gonna be great.

There better be a salt thread for Nintendo kiddies.

Also invading with twink gear at undeadburg, they want a hard game, let's give it to them

objectively the game's quality fucking collapses after you beat Anor Londo with poor to "okay" levels and pretty shit bosses

what would getting the remaster do to benefit me if I already have something like the PC version? I wouldn't mind a replay but I dunno what could be improved upon without actually remaking certain areas

you wouldn't other than getting probably the most active online "souls" game
as points out, this is going to be to snap up customers who didn't buy or play the first game and probably wouldn't without a remaster

https:// www.fakku.net/hentai /mildred-english
I liked it.

This has been talked to death but heres my worthless opinion. DS3 is well made, unlike DS2 for example, it has high overall quality, interesting levels, good art direction, looks great and so on. It was a pretty good first playthrough, including DLCs. However its completely fucking linear, even more than BB. There is zero reason to replay the game. NG+ is boring, new characters are pointless with a gazillion respecs and the same PvE all over again.
Theres also a shitton of gimmick bosses which lose all of their magic on a second try, and they dont even vary depending on your build. Then theres also the retarded decision to disable poise, which is annoying even without PvP faggotry. All in all DS3 was good, but i dont touch it anymore, unlike for example DS2, which was shit.

This is the only acceptable guro I've seen. Good job.

Were you not there when Mark went on an autistic rampage and deleted an entire Mildred dump?

Behold again, the handywork of Mark the Eater

Nope, wish I did, sounds fun.

So I want to do a second playthrough of DS3. My first one was a straight magic build, but I think I capped my stats already, so fighting enemies with more health just seems like a damn chore. Are there any decent str/dex builds I could try to switch things up?

I can give you the actually thing without cancer pay system if you want.

e-hentai.org/g/1108204/47e710401f/ their you go.

I'm not user. I have that in my favorites on exhentai for a while already.
I'm just saying that fakku is a shit site and for retards

not that user*

The "Souls Community" has been shit for years now and especially after 3, where every subhuman was able to get through the game with sunbro help. A remastered DS1 will be goddamn hell online.

nerd

STR builds are damn viable in DS. I'm running one using the Great Club, and with a little help from the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst using Great Magic Weapon plus Power Within I turn things to paste. Did O+S 1st try due to just crushing Orinstein in no time. But with just Great Magic weapon I can defeat the Royal Sentinels in two hits

Though you might have issues with things that quick that you can't anticipate (like Sif gave me trouble)

Reminder that maneater mildred is one of the butchers on the way to the sewers and that the only reason she looks human at all is because from couldn't do NPC invader BPs using non-human models.
Her name is literally not figurative.

Why does she help you though? Is she a masoslut?

Maybe she just experiments in different ways to get humanity, helping, hunting, cannibalism, whatever she can do, After all time isn't linear, so you never know what comes first.
I imagine she was a denizen of the swamp to begin with though and went higher to find food.

You can summon Sif to fight Manus, so i doubt that. Ive read that she was just a random character the devs put together to test the area, her outfit is more what they found funny instead of having any lore connections. Then they decided to leave her in as an invader.

Nah fam she's way more hardcore than those faggots, they're too scared to leave the Depths.

I think that summoning Sif might be that they figured something out when they were working on the DLC. I mean, it's not like it hasn't happened before where a dev had a sudden revelation in that they could do something with the code that they didn't think of before.

Yurt was just a pawn. Mephistopheles is where it really is.

I've never met Mephistopheles, Scurvir, the weeb guy and the Vinland girl. WT sucks because I never play too poorly or too well to get pure white or black.

I think Mephs shows up if your Character Tendency is pure black, not World Tendency. So you just have to be an asshole and invade/kill a bunch of friendly NPCs to get her quest.

I read that you can get one each time you kill an invader in the Forest Hunter covenant. Regardless, it's a weird thing to cheat with given that humanities are farmable (thus not really suspicious) and restore your health as well. I doubt OP encountered a whole lot of cheaters that did this specific thing, and besides, it's totally possible someone used it legitimately. I don't find any use for divine blessings on PvE so PvP is where I'd consider using them more.

They'll fuck it up somehow.
Should have left it to die, more apt.
Long for the fun during the glory days though.