Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

MH 3DS DOWNLOADS

4 Ultimate: mega.nz/#!UFdgDTzS!ws52fBS8Xx-5Rf5oeNtYIQ_9Es4oBEXEg7GQ6as5THo
If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.
Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:
>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5476
stream.me/s/3/zAxEDmUQhJ/X1nGaO
archive.is/wPP3K
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Copypaste from prior thread, thank you for your hard work user

Did some research on Tempered Monsters in MHW
And collected them in this post for easy digestion.

What is a tempered monster?

Tempered monsters are the endgame/postgame monsters in MHW.
They are just like the regular monsters, but have increased attack power (enough to one shot geared hunters with certain attacks.)
Tempered monsters also have a purple outline in their icon and leave blue tracks.
Investigations with tempered monsters also have purple reward boxes.

Categorically the tempered monsters fall into 3 groups:

Pukei-Pukei
Barroth
Jyuratodus
Tobi-Kadachi
Radobaan
Paolumu
Rathian
Anjanath

Rathalos (Might be tier 1, could not confirm)
A.Rathalos
P.Rathian
Diablos
B.Diablos
Odogaron
Legiana
Bazelgeuse
Lavasioth
Uragaan

Nergigantte
Teostra
Kushala Daora
Vaal Hazak
Kirin

Higher the tier, the better the rewards.
Note: the highest rarity drops are exclusive to the 3rd tier.

Where to fight them?

Tempered monsters are primarily investigation only, there are also few quests that pit you against tempered monsters.
Tempered monster investigations are generally unlocked by gathering tempered tracks in expeditions. (These tracks seem to always spawn in the same spots)
You can also them the same way as normal investigations when hunting tempered monsters. (break parts, gather tracks) But the chance is very low.
They are also found under Investigations section when responding to S.O.S.

Why fight them?

Tempered monsters drop streamstones in rewards and tempered monster investigations reward either streamstones or feystones.
Streamstones are used to augment Armor. They also come in different rarities.
Streamstones can also be used at the melding pot to create new random decorations out of the old ones.
You can also rarely get "warrior's streamstone" from 2nd tier upwards, they come in different types like Axe (Switch Axe & Charge Blade), Ranged (Bowgun's & Bow), etc, and can be used to augment the corresponding weapon types.
Warrior's streamstones also have a rare version called "hero's streamstone" needed for augmenting Tier 8 weapons.

Note: that lower rarity armor require lower rarity streamstones to augment and lower rarity weapons have more augment slots.

Feystones turn into decorations when identified, and come in several different rarities.
This is the only real way of getting rare decorations, and the fastest way of getting decorations in general.
There are decorations for at least some of the set bonuses present in the game. (Bonus charge level for bow, Extra damage on non elemental weapons, etc).

Augmenting quick and dirty

Weapons can be Augmented following ways:
Increased attack (+5 raw)
Increased affinity (+10%)
Bonus defense (+10)
Extra slots (potentially upgrade existing slot)
Heal on attack

Note: Numbers can potentially vary depending on weapon type.

Rarity 8 weapons have 1 augment slot, Rarity 7 has 2 and Rarity 6 has 3.
Each augment also requires different plates and gems for different monsters.

Note: A weapon must be at the end of it's upgrade path to be augmented.

OFFICIAL /MHG/ SQUAD
EIGHTH FLEET

Eighth Fleet squad session ID: KxAYcW6YRKY

Joining the session does not change anything. It's like a LAN or lobby. You can still solo quests. This means you can join and continue on as normal while chatting.
When you post a quest, it will be visible to the rest of us and we can join before you depart or during the quest.
For those who still need an invite: just type in the ID in "join online session" | "search via ID". Then, type in chat and say, "Legiana a cute!".
Reminder that you don't need the ID if you're already in the squad, but if you can't seem to connect to the one that already exists (via squad session search), you might want to use the ID instead.
Note that, sometimes, you may inadvertently create a new session by yourself, without knowing, by using the regular squad session search. If you see that nobody is in the player list, you created a session. Check the thread for updated IDs to make sure you're actually creating a necessary room and not a second room.
Unfortunately, the gathering hall hub is near-pointless since you can just post the quests from the village. That being said, we like to see that pretty face, so afk there and not the gay village unless you want to be a homo.

Will reply to this post when ID changes

Reminder to keep the game updated

Well I'm killing Tempered elders in less than 10 minutes with a GL now
This game is so mind bumbling easy with no content

Not even G rank armor in previous games could get the skill output that this can

Reminder that MH3U was the best game. MH4U was the last good game they made. MHXX was straight trash. MHW isn't even the same franchise.

yup

I hate casuals and streamers, this is hell.

I don't get it.

That's what World is all about; just this festering tumor that will spell the death of all good things about mon hun.

damn that hurts…

Basically, the monsters have the same old AI from previous games; when they decide they are moving from one area to another, there isn't jack shit you can do to stop them. So they removed the whole "screen transitions", but the monsters still do the AI lock of "go to here and ignore everything else." There is also the fact that, if you FIND a monster during one of these long hallway walks, they ignore you and won't realize you even exist until they get to the room they were heading to.

But you can hit or flash a monster in those "corridors" and they start fighting there.

This is pure trailergoodright here.

On rare occasions. Usually they just go back to their pathfinding once the flash wears off.

You're wrong, monsters now just simply don't agrro instantly after spotting a hunter, depending on the monster they will react differently.
If you hit a monster in one of those hallways they will fight back in those hallways, this has happened every single time in my over 100 hours, unless he's fleeing, then it works just like any other game in the series.
Monsters like Tobi will flee more often until they get to a place with trees so that he has an advantage.
For contrast monsters like G.Jagras give literally no care for the hunter while monsters like Belzeguese will agrro on you almost instantly.
There is a good number of issues that world has, the most offensive one to me being the weapon designs, but you are completely wrong in this regard.

Dude, I've seen charge spamming lancers catch up to monsters and lop off their tails in these hallways, and the result is the monster jumping up to it's feet and continuing down it's AI pathway because they lack the programming to do jack shit beyond their previous game AI introduced in 4.

I assume you have some proof of it on that video but I can't seem to find it, could you give me a time stamp?
And by catching up do you mean after you've already engaged and the monster is running away? Or is it the first time spotting him? Because if it's the former the monsters will keep fleeing until staggered or hurt just like in other games.
I've never ran until an issue like that where the monster gets hurt and doesn't retaliate, but there have been issues where he would retaliate only for a brief period and then try to escape again.
I consider it fair since the monster was already trying to escape, some will even try different paths after their first escape fails. But that's the closest thing I have found to your issue.
And monster like Bezelguese and Teo are more than happy to rape you in those corridors if you start a fight in one.

Are people still being hipsters about World?

You mean people whos first game is world and pretending tgey are old school playing since monster rancher on playstation one?
yes

No, but going by your post I'd say the answer is the same.

I dunno how much more I need to explain the problem with world

But the number one is lack of monsters

oh I get it you mean not liking it because it completely removes a lot of aspects of the older games while adding nothing in return other than overly increased mobility that the older AI patterns can't handle at all

This, being able to fire bowguns while moving is absolutely disgusting, most of the monsters aren't designed for this shit and even if they were blademasters would be fucked so it's a balancing paradox, not to mention bows look like they have more mobility than dual blades had in previous games. Shit's retarded. Along with the crappy weapon designs and weak sounding soundtrack I don't see what people see in this game.

And even with all the changes Hunting Horn somehow got no quality of life changes or even buffed
it actually feels somewhat worse than previous games

that's because it got nerfed

Considering they're still desperate enough to slide the board just to make sure the threads have World-positive OPs instead of World neutral ones? Yeah.

There was a vid posted a thread or two back of a dude charging down a hallway after barroth and doing a jumping strike and cutting off his tail before the barroth got up and just continued waddling away from him.

BUT OF COURSE, WHEN SOMEONE ASKS TO SEE IT, I CAN'T FIND THE FUCKING THING

Anyone wanna gimmie a hand?

How about you fags fight try fighting Odogaron without your palico assistance and see how "casual" World is.

I think you don't understand what words mean

Your casual is showing.

Now now, be fair, this is the same guy who spends his time trying to snipe the OP to make sure it has a World related image, odds are he's being paid to not understand what we're talking about.

Good job user, you shot yourself in the foot. If every monster was designed with the same mobility in mind then the extra movement wouldn't be so much of a problem.
That monster reminds me of Berkin.

fuck, that makes a lot of sense.

Its just a slow shitty sergios with only one bleed and weak points everywhere

Hey Makoto :^)

Ah, never mind, this isn't a shill, they say "Nipanon" it's a Goon

I can understand about how mobile LBG are now, even though I enjoy it, but not with HBG, you move at a snails pace, what's the issue? Not to mention the HBG dodge is so fucking bad and leaves you completely vulnerable compared to any other iteration of the HBG, and yet I never see this mentioned, I would actually say the HBG is the hardest weapon to play as if the damn shield wasn't fucking broken.

Please do try to find it, I might've run into it and not noticed it, was the video from the beta?

World Teo and Rathalos are older gen and they close in on you pretty damn quick, but of course everyone just flashes Rathalos down, he's only an issue when on the air.
I don't think it's been a case of older generation monsters not getting better mobility but more of a case of difficulty because new monsters like Pukei are still incredibly slow.

Why are you backpedalling now?

oh it does the absolutely bare minimum to be considered a new game, shit guess everyone better pack up, it's truly the greatest game of all time!

What are you talking about, HBG is massively more mobile than before, and it completely minimizes the "heavy" aspect of it, to the point where I question why even have HBG and LBG when they're both so mobile.

either you're retarded or just live in a different timeline.

compared to before? HBG now has more mobility than LBG of the past did in every way. It's absurd to even try to claim it's "heavy" especially since siege mode got removed

So World does adds something, glad you owned up to your mistake

Compared to LBG

yeah, It's less mobile, but the idea that it's "heavy" is absurd now that you are pretty much constantly moving certain ammos excluded

Why do you keep backpedalling faggot?

Are there any ways to have access to the event quests in MHFU via emulator?

Why are you being retarded on purpose?

are you?

Just report and ignore him, maybe the mods will actually do their jobs for once.

Haven't heard of any patch or anything for it, sadly.

you gonna be a good sport and own up to yours as well now?

I got you user.

user, thats like calling Astalos a flying Zinogre just because they can use the same element.

You talk like as if your either from a third world shithole or are actually retarded

And by weakpoints everywhere seregios is no different. Its probably one of the weakest monster I fought in high-rank, and is obviously THE weakest monster in late high-rank. It always takes about 3-5 minutes tops to kill the thing.

I donwloaded the Portable 3rd HD game today, and this is the first time I've FINALLY gotten into MonHun. I've tried the other portables but the controls sucked so bad and I just couldn't get into it, but this one, this one I got into and just managed to beat the first hunt, the bear Artzuros or something.

Thank you user for this. Now I'll finally get into this series as I've tried so many times before without success.

Have a blast user, it's a wonderful game.

You must be of african descent to be this fucking dumb. You compared the mobility of LBG and HBG to being about the same in which I replied calling you a retard for it, I never said that HBG doesn't have more mobility, this is another point entirely that you are bringing up now because you know that your previous statement is bullshit and the only option is to backpedal.
Of course HBG is more mobile than before, no one has ever denied that you absolute retard.
Yes you can walk while shooting even though your dodge is the worst it's ever been to offset this.
And yes I would prefer Siege mode to come back rather than the terrible wyvernfire thing they added, wyvernsnipe is fine though.

Well point taken I guess, I've never seen that happen not even during the beta, it looks like Barroth was already committed to the jump animation so he just resumed it after getting up, even though it's beta footage I'm inclined to believe it's still in the game since it's pretty fucking specific.

Have fun user, P3rd is a pretty good starting point.
I've actually been going back to it on occasion since I'm practically done with world until they add more monsters.

That picture gave me an uncomfortably hard erection

no the dodge is about the same as 3U levels. You're way overselling how mobile the LBG is. But the point is, both HBG and LBG are so immensely mobile you should have absolutely no dps loss during 99% of fights. And even if you have a bad dodge the fact that you can completely offset that by just walking something melee weapons can't do means you're basically untouchable.
It kills the purpose of having both

Here's a tutorial:
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5476
It adds 6 missions of your choice and when you patch your game for first time, it add bonus content automatically (The chance of the granny sells you flashbugs and meat is the only usefull one imo).

I was actually going to make a fucking webm video to show you the difference in frames of the HBG dodge roll in any other MH and compare it to world but I realized that anyone who isn't a stupid nigger can spot the difference instantly and that sure as hell ain't you so we would only end up on stage one with this once again.
No I'm not, the fucking LBG has 2 continuous dodges right after firing, not to mention that with LBG you can walk at normal speed and fire, while the HBG reduces your walking speed to a crawl, almost if not slower than an unsheathed Greatsword.
You already backpedaled once, the HBG is not "immensely mobile" as you put it. End of story.
Walk out of B.Diablos charge then.

Oh my god, shut the fuck up already. Nobody cares how much you suck Capcoms cock.

Sorry, I only now realized this was bait.

yeah being able to shoot a monster from whatever ammo type critical distance you're using is while walking is much less mobile than animation locks that literally every melee weapon has

Keep moving the goalpost user, I'm not bumping this shit.

when in doubt just shout goalposts. That's a good method to be cool I hear

He never said LBG and HBG are equally mobile tho. During this whole reply chain all you did was twist his words because you don't actually have any arguments. Just stop.

The thing is, you are moving goalpost. You were comparing HBG and LBG mobility but now you brought up melee weapon out of nowhere.

No reread the first statement retard. I said both are massively mobile. Why even have the distinction when they're both so mobile. Like if HBG couldn't fire when moving and LBG could, that'd be fine, but now you just having this nonsense where both are hugely mobile.

That's the thing, HBG isn't "massively" mobile when compared to LBG, hell it isn't even fast when you compared it to MH4 LBG like you claim in
. There's still a distinction between HBG and LBG, just because you can walk while shooting doesn't mean its the same. You just being purposely ignorance about it

You right, he said it was faster

It's massively mobile compared to most other weapons. and even more so compared to previous iterations. It's fast enough that with a little practice you're near immortal and it makes both HBG and LBG lose identity.

Which augments work best in a royal burst gunlance? Affinity is useless since shelling doesnt crit so lm not sure if i want healing and a slot or healing and attack

There is really no escaping retards like you is there?

Why do you keep spouting lies? HBG in world is not faster than LBG in previous MH games. How is HBG and LBG lose its identity when one is slower than the other?

(You)

So I want to ask you in what other game was LBG able to move around while shooting period and still have a dodge that puts greatsword to shame

And he's moving goalposts again.

How about you show me a proof of HBG moving faster than LBG in previous MH games

See there's the good trick again, just shout goalposts when you can't think of anything.

How would I even demonstrate that, take footage from a 3ds and lay that next to world's HBG? Even then how would you want to judge distance there

Didn't know you were this stupid, for starter, play both games or watch gameplay videos. You can clearly see the differences in movement speed

Sounds like reddit is better suited for you.

How is user moving goalposts when his argument is still that HBGs are more mobile than LBGs in previous games because you're not locked in place when firing anymore? If anything all he did was elaborate his point. He's not changing his initial stance.

heh

No, but if you don't want any opposing opinions and just want to circlejerk a game of your choice, Reddit is simply the better place.

What the fuck is going on? Did all the retards suddenly wake up? Nigga, I never said anything of the sort. The guy I originally replied to was complaining that threads are constant shitflinging, which is to be expected of Holla Forums when a game franchise suddenly alienates a large part of its fanbase. Unlike Reddit people can't downvote any kind of opposing opinion. If this somehow means I'm saying Holla Forums is about hating video games, you are simply retarded.

You really jumped a gun there and now you are backpedaling.
The retards really woke up today, but it was you. :^)

Well I'm saying for you as you've never played a game before world before, or else you'd know that no bowgun has ever been as mobile as even HBG is now.

or the gunlance user during the abortion that was gen/x

Alright, what the fuck. Is this some secret club shit I'm not aware of? Are you guys just fucking with me? You know what, I'll just come back later when you guys have been tucked in.

this is the real failure of MHW.

Good times, really.

LGB still moves faster than HBG when the weapon are unsheathe. While HBG can move while firing, its extremely slow, not enough to dodge anything. LBG in MH4 while lock you in postion while firing, is still fast at moving around and have fast firing rate.

The hardcore MH fans are hurt, user. It's understandable. The devs appealed to a more casual market, the game is a huge success, so the casualisation is here to stay. I enjoy it but I understand why people are upset.

Well, I'm saying for you as you've never play World or any MH games for that matter, or else you'd know that HBG is not as mobile as LBG

Fast firing rate that locks you in place for a second minimum when rapid firing for the duration of the volley, which you should be doing with the LBG. I agree that HBG is too slow to dodge anything, maybe a long range Fireball or a Plessy style beam, but if you're far as a gunner then you failed.
The problem I have with how BGs work now, especially light, is that there's not as much commitment in your actions. You can't balance the monsters around this lack of commitment without making blademasters lose their need to commit to their actions, at which point the combat becomes more and more dilluted through moves like the GS's shoulder tackle. Like I said a few hours ago, it's a balancing paradox. LBGs need be slowed down though, their sidesteps and walk speed while shooting is insane.

The dodge rolls for the heavy bowgun got much better in general. What it boils down to now is that you have heavy bowguns that deal more damage with singular shots and wyvernheart/snipe versus light bowguns that can have rapid fire more commonly.

This. No breast slider for busty huntresses or delicious flat chesters either.

Also not able to make a really fat hunter and have them nimbly dodge dinosaur attacks like a gymnast.

Except now in world there's absolutely 0 commitment so you're more mobile overall because of having absolutely no lock while dealing damage. There's not even an argument to be made here for LBG of 4 having more mobility overall.

at least I have enough whetstones

Why is Qurupeco not in MHW?

Why would you put a "fun" monster in a game when you can charge dumbasses $4,99 for it as DLC.
I can see them charging $15 too if they market it as "arena styled monster experience within regular quests!".

You can do it!

Eh, I'll do a quick stream, this was suppose to be a quickie between studying sessions, may as well provide some entertainment.

You're not mobile overall since you move slow as fuck, if a monster came near you, you can't just runaway like LBG, you have to sheathe your bowgun first or dodge roll. Dealing damage isn't the only thing that matter as a gunner, positioning is also important. HBG user have to constantly sheathe/unsheathe their weapon just to move around compared to LBG in MH4 where you can move,shoot,move,shoot.

compared to 4's HBG maybe. Not at all true in world, your dodge is good enough to should basically never have to sheath outside of certain attacks. And that's what's being compared here, world's HBG to 4U's LBG.
Also damage is literally all that matters for any weapon except HH because that weapon has so many other issues damage is the least of your concern. Especially bowguns who used to have hard limit on how much good ammo they can carry.

Funny, its the top selling game in japan for 3 weeks in a row

That's what I'm comparing you autist
critical distance fag, hence positioning.

putting that aside though, you're still wrong on that one. getting into position in world is easy as shit with the hbg compared to previously and 4U's HBG still was a much faster weapon for clear times than 4U's LBG.

But back to the main point here. The mobility of the new HBG allows you to stay in critical distance nearly constantly compared to older LBGs while still being allowed to shoot. Even if it wasn't the ability to shoot while moving allows you to increase your dps by such a massive amount it doesn't matter.

If Dragons Dogma can allow you to make a THICC, big boobied, muscular, loli character then why cant monster hunter do the same?
So many missed opportunities, but also so much potential.
I miss memeing all over monsters as a fat negro midget, it would be just as fun to do it in MH.

New monsters come through free updates dumbass. The only stuff people have to pay for are cosmetic stuff that have no effect on the actual game.

haha woo. its a size 2

Not really, especially with fast moving monster, like I said, HBG moves very fucking slow and have slow firing rate. HBG have faster clear time in 4U because its a damage dealer while LBG is primarily a support weapon.
We could argue this back and forth but I see you haven't even played the game otherwise you'll know that mobility in HBG doesn't change much in term of gameplay from previous MH. All you know is that you can shoot while moving, but you don't know how fast you can move or how much of an impact it create to the overall game

Except it changes it immensely. You sheath so much less often and have a much easier time keeping dps up than before.
I really don't think you played older games if you're saying that moving while shooting doesn't change how HBG plays.

One good thing about world. No cancerous hunting styles. I really don't miss that shit.

You can start complaining about them charging people for monsters when they actually charge people for monsters, retard.
inb4 this post gets misinterpreted as me saying i don't mind that they put other paid shit into world

I agree. bushido lance was kind of fun though

There are no lance users on gen. I have seen 2 in almost 300 hours of play.

I did most of the quest as a lance in gen. But yeah, I think I didn't see anyone else use lance ever in gen. One reason for sure was that horrible third stab in all styles except striker.

A side question, but do you know if it's possible to beat MonHun Portable 3rd with only a greatsword, or is there a necessity to change some weapons and maybe use a bow or gun at some point of the game?

Short answer is: yes. You can do all quests with any weapon.
But some weapons are better in different situations. GS requires good eye for timing and knowing how monster moves, and what it likes to do after moves. GS also has good vertical hitbox so flying monsters aren't god awful to deal with it like with shorter weapons.

Well, that's kind of my point, for a lot of weapons you were actually punished for using guild style over striker or adept.

Adept style makes the game into a complete joke for many weapons. You can't actually get hit unless you're retarded because the dodge window is huge.

"Adept" style indeed.

Haha, okay, I'm definitely not going to play like that guy in the video, but good to know thanks.

Adept style was really the easy mode. I had adept DB set to cake walk quests and carry randoms. Adept db was probably the craziest because it did the attack during the dodge and let you be glued on the monster.

Somebody post the ariel HBG pellet Hame webm.Pure fucking cancer.

The amount of i-frames on Adept style is disgusting, might has well have called it Souls style :^)

But user, the official name for Rathalos is wrong, use the superior japanese names!

You are also forgetting that we had people admitting to being shills. Pic related. The shitflinging is pretty justified and these threads seem to have slowed down greatly since 2 weeks ago. Must be because MHW has no fucking content and the shills outed themselves.

Pretty much this. A casualized version sold really well so now older fans are fucked on new titles unless they accept it.

Don't forget the seregios charge blade guy that shit up threads for weeks with his terrible math.
"dude this thing has 10 purple, it's great for popping phials non stop!"

I stopped coming to these threads for a while. I missed out on the fun.

Honest question: What it matters if OP was sniped by shills? Not like OP has any power.

Dubdubs confirm shills for limpwristed faggots.

THANK YOU!
Hot damn, I can't believe I didn't grab that before.

It doesn't matter what's in the OP, what matters is that they slipped and showed themselves.

Extremely

Seems about right.

>the (((western market)))
That should give a hint

It's been great to watch you go from loosing 60 minute hunts against a great jaggi to taking on raths and pecos, shame all the people who played world first won't have the same experience you did.

I started playing with 3u and I killed the G.Jaggi in 5 minutes no problem.
That user just sucks at action games.

What if he's really like 70 years old though? Then it's a heroic story about an old dog learning new tricks.

I doubt it.

You play a series of handheld action games made for retarded Japanese schoolchildren. You are the literal definition of casual. You fucking suck at video games.

You're exactly the same as the souls fags. The more people who play the game the harder it is for you to convince yourself you're not trash. MH was never hardcore, souls games were never hardcore. I guarantee anyone anywhere that cries about casuals would get their asses handed to them in any game that's actually competitive.

That's only the first level of the weapon, they change gradually with each upgrade, instead of only 1 model for starting and 1 for finishing, there's 2 or 3 inbetween models, so it was actually more added.

Monster Hunter was never hard. World is definitely the easiest it's ever been.

It couldn't be that none of the people shilling against world own it or anything and thus would easily fall for a rumor that could be disproved by just visiting the smith in game or anything, no, clearly the people who don't actually play monhun are the real fans and they know best.

God I hate retards like you. "Le my gayme is so hardcore and yours isnt" Guess what idiot no game is "hardcore" theyre all just video games that any fat slob can play and master.

Not only do they all look the same, with just bits stapeled onto the base model for most of them, they look like shit on top of it, because even in the rare instances when they did a model import from previous games+upscale they made it washed out as fuck.

Almost all of those in pic 3 are reskins and recolors of each other. At least in world's, the actual models are varied up slightly along the weapon paths, they don't just slap a new coat of paint and call it a day. It takes a lot longer and more effort to create a new 3d model and to give it its own texture than to open up photoshop and mess with a couple colors for 30 seconds.

Alright anons, I just finished the high rank portion of the game, and I gotta say, I'm not impressed.
To this point, I failed only 4 quests, and one of them was a capture that ended up in a kill.
All of the bosses have huge, HUGE openings for you to abuse, and most of their attacks feel…tiny in hitbox size?
There is really not much of a danger to hug a boss while he is charging, sometimes even while being exactly under it.
And no bosses gave me that but feeling I used to have in 4U when fighting something new.
They just didn't click with me (with only Betelgeuse as an exception).
It's definitely a BEAUTIFUL prototype of a monster hunter game, but without the bosses to support it, the game falls on his face.

Nigger you're fucking blind and trying way to hard to defend shitty, lazy weapon designs. And no, it does NOT take longer nor more effort to take two 3D models and glue that shit together than it does to make a good looking texture. Texture work has ALWAYS been more difficult and time consuming.

Are you blind? And be glad user used MH3U's SA tree, it doesn't have as many weapons as other weapon types because it was new, and even then they have more unique base models compared to World's selection of fucking 5 or 6. They all look different from the basic model.

Wrong.

Good thing I'm not talking about a new texture then, just 30 seconds of reCOLORing in photoshop.

No, you don't even have an opinion to call shit because it's not even an opinion, it's an outright falsehood. You should have picked your battles better before shilling on this point.

Because it's totally the same people buying the game also while it's one of the top selling games, in the second week it got beat out by the new Dynasty Warriors if nothing else, since that topped charts during it's launch week.

I'd gladly take that guy again over the World defenders, if only because he at least actually played the games and gave a damn about them.

If you're asking why they do it, it's to make sure the "face" so to speak of Monster Hunter discussion here is tied to World in a positive way and to make it seem as if we're enthusiastic about it, hence also why they're pushing the notion that there's an "official Holla Forums Monster Hunter World group." If you're asking why we care, consider the fact that these people, paid or otherwise, are so driven to do this that they have repeatedly spammed the board's older topics to control when the new OP can be made. For us, Holla Forums is one of if not the only place where we can have a frank and honest discussion about vidya without the censorship or retardation of normalfag boards, whereas to these people it's just something to shit all over to sell their crap. If you come here enough to consider yourself part of the community, you naturally take offense to that.

And he's gitting gud. There's no shame in starting as a shitter if you git gud.

That's not what that word means user.

Again, not what the word means. Also, we can see your samefagging.

I never claimed to be 2 different people when I posted, stop relying on strawman arguments

I like how you're pretending that adding some spiky bits or a little frill or some shit is some kind of serious modeling work. If that's so, then the Seregios Weapons in 4U were absolutely out of this fucking galaxy on detail, what with them adding some bits and maybe even changing the profile of the weapon a bit once you hit the 2nd upgrade.

I guess that's why they didn't do either. Also, take a look at the number of model imports here in the GS tree.

Steve's GS folds in half, for the final model.
Nice try, faggot :^)

alright then.

811838 is right about there being some recolors in the 3U weapons and the slight weapon variation in world, but the problem is is that there is still more unique weapon designs/models in the older games despite the recolors, and slapping a bit of monster parts on the base model of a weapon isnt going to fix that or look better.
I think when it comes to the weapon designs for the game they couldnt finish it all due to being pressed for time to meet the deadline. You can tell it most likely happened due to the weapon design for the vaal hazak weapons being a material slap on for the switch axe version and then an actual unique model for the greatsword version. It wouldnt make sense to have some weapons have unique designs but a bunch of others not, its fishy thats all. MHW should have stayed in development for at least a few more months to touch up on the weapons and to add obvious shit like poogie from the get-go.

What are you even talking about. They cut corners everywhere. No gunner armor so they wouldn't have to design different armor sets. They're just being lazy.

Such as?

Anyone want to farm some Nergigante?
I need at least 1 Tail, and probably some other parts down the line as well anyway. I've got an Investigation with 2 Silver and 1 Gold rewards; 2 tries left in it.

Session ID: 7hyLhXR2zL4P

What absolute stupidity.
Of all the criticisms, MHW's lack of weapon design diversity is a geniune one, if not, the most geniune one of all.
Weapon diversity is WAY fucking present in all the other titles compared to mhw.

Kill yourself and stop posting.

Considering all the other things they added such as the
Saying that they're lazy is a lazy excuse user.
Lack of time or proper direction would be the proper word, but they still made a decent game and it turned out to be the top selling game of january. Flopfags btfo.

I'll help you out user. Be there in jiffy. Typing ID now.

Woops, new thread before I realized it. Since I'm petty:
That's the true of it.
They don't have enough of a nervous system to even care all that much. They don't have a brain so much as a thick spine. Grilling a lobster is like taking a beautiful cut of sushi and making it a fishstick. Or upon buying a particularly large turkey, rather than stuffing it, mulching it into turkey bologna. These are not things good people do, but degenerates who like mcdonalds pancakes the same as an IHOP lingonberry crepe. People who lost all forms of standards.

On subject, tempered Kirin was as fun as Teostara when I did it alone. That multiplayer buff is pure stress.

all of those are handled by different teams. There's absolutely no excuse for the weapons to be as generic as they are.

user what the fuck are you the one on standby or in the expedition?

Ahhh, that makes sense.
I wish that we could ask the devs what the fuck happened personally but I know that will never happen.
sage for doublepost

I looked over the CB designs and I feel like it got the most love as far as design goes, whereas horn got the least.

how do you spell best male only monster? nerscylla

Who thought it was going to flop? It's the Dark Souls™ of hunting games according to IGN and Kotaku

I don't think anyone thought it would flop, it was marketed to fuck and back. I think people just hoped it would so it'd stop with the bullshit from X/XX and world

Why are you playing Monster Hunter when God Eater Burst is way better?

My first team failure with xeno, what a shame.

Fuck this thing. I'm having a good time with my gunlance and a particularly pissed off Rathian (who is probably pissed off because I'm wearing her skin and using it as a weapon), when suddenly this giant exploding asshole shows up. It just keeps happening, no matter where I go. At least Anjanath had the decency to stick to one biome.

Bring poop. Shoot bageljuice with poop.

Usually I'm too busy exploding but I'll remember tactical shitflinging next time.

May the good blood guide your way.

Really though most of the weapons are pretty boring. I think the only horn I like is Nergigante and Sectored because it's the closest thing to a guitar. I mean I'm not going to sit here and say I'm some veteran: I've only got a halfway experience with 4U before my DS died but I always admired horn users and seeing them shafted so effectively hurts.

World is the MH standard now

Kill me.

I hate this, crafting ammo mid fight sucks

> LBG of the past did
Boy, I can't wait for your retarded siblings to start posting during their summer vacation. Neogaf was a mistake.

i got impatient and went ahead and did the quest, and popped an SOS Flare.

Make up your mind faggot

The peoples that played the previous games? how is that alienating the fanbase when they are still buying it?

nope, keep spouting lies user.
archive.is/wPP3K

Decorations in world are much worse than what I know of FU

decorations is the worst implementation I can think of in a monster hunter game. The only thing I can think of that beats it in terms of bullshit is the charm table locks in 3

Is there any way to fix the Rath Heart Beta head armour? The ONE good Rathian armour design in the game, and they fucking ruined it by leaving the visor up for some reason. Why the fuck did they even do that?

I'm figuring out CB and it's great
Spacing is really important, and the movements you make around the field as you attack seem to make constant attacking less useful than taking a few great swipes and relocating. My only trouble is it seems I have to get lucky/ do that trickshot video thing where you anticipate where the monster will go 5 minutes in advance, stand in front of that spot, and then slam them with your super at just the right time. Also guard points are kinda confusing; is it safe to use it like a parry, and is there a single, non-combo-reliant move that I can use to rush on these opportunities?

I know the phial charge move activates a nice, easy guard point, so you could do something out of that, but otherwise i'm not sure. Never practiced them myself in 4U. As for the Amped Discharge supermove, you could always just wait for them to either be tripped, or otherwise distracted. It's not THAT slow.

yeah the decorations are really pissing me off. I'd rather have the random charm shit from MH4U back over this.

That's my point, the people who played the previous games aren't still buying it. The fans don't like World.

>archive.is/wPP3K
Odd, the latest Famitsu had Dynasty at 125527 sales for that week, and World at 114740.

how about you speak for yourself?

Hi. I don't like world, I think it's a shallow cash grab because capcom can't do anything right with any of their other franchises.

Talk about a laughable game.

More like Monster Tracker, holy fuck.

I'm mainly a CB player and even I feel slighted. Odogaron's CB looks amazing but I can't use it in front of Diablos or Nergigante's. Diablos is literally the base CB with Diablos parts glued to it. Nerg's is unique but ugly.

That thing terrified me when I first did a high rank expedition. He's not even that hard solo. Also he ALWAYS shows up when you're fighting another monster on the map and I don't know why. He could be all the way on the opposite end of the map but somehow he still detects you picking on another monster to fly your way.

Now he's even a bro and helps me out when beating up tempered monsters.

Apparently he's the new Deviljho (nomadic apex predator) but he's nowhere near as terrifying, honestly.

You can use GPs as a parry. From a GP you can initiate an axe attack or an amped discharge if you have an opening. I haven't found many moments where I can use it.

I don't have/never used the Guard skill, though, so that might be missing.

too anime

Because I've finished every mission in both GE2 burst and Resurrection so i'm waiting for 3 to be released.

Because i want to finish jak & daxter collection first
also I've never played a monster hunter game so it seemed like Monster Hunter was the best place to start

psh hey hunterino, wanna get webbed?

I hate world. It's unfinished and casualized. I'll wait for it on PC so I can get more content and not have to pay for it. Capcom made it clear fans of older games are no longer the target audience.

THAT IS A NEWBORN
DO NOT WAIFU, DAUGHTERFU HER.

Should be a loli.

Finally got around to taking down Xeno'Jiva and boy thats just Shagaru Magala HD edition including tripping feet from the devil may cry series huh?

My understanding is that Dragons reach sexual maturity on the egg

Reminded me more of darkeater Midir.

Reminded me more of Seath with all the blue/white crystals and lasers.

Fuck you I'm enjoying the shit out of MHW. Its my favourite one now.

I'm glad you're "enjoying" it. Now git out.

You are in the wrong company friend. Monhun is not for your mainstream iconic hipster faggotry. Perhaps GameFAQ's or Gamespot is more to your sensibilities and tastes?

I almost expecting the bitch to start sperging about mansplaining and sexism.

I can never view MH3U as best game solely because the pants on head retarded decision to lock players into charm tables.
emulated MHFU still is the best in my eyes since it encapsulates the series in it's rawest form, it's only real flaws were the hitboxes and not having all those nice quality of life updates MH3U and MH4U brought.

SnS got pretty shafted to.

Nothing is as terrifying as Jho because everyone is predisposed to be shitscared of a T-Rex, and Jho is just a monster version of a Rex.

Bugglefuck is just a serigieos with zits. I got over my explosion fear back with Brachydios.

Yeah, enjoy as a monster is fucking slapped on a GPS with your always-on-you-map and never worry about they using the environment to their advantage to lose you as you routinely fast travel back to camps around the map and fully heal while restocking your items and changing your loadout with no penalty.

It's satisfying to get taken down a peg when you try to fight her like a normal rathian.

I wonder how long the shilling will last, will it be until PC release or indefinite?

you mean in the sense of "oh cool, a challenge!" ?

Even better.

Damn right.

I get the same sort of high when I fight Rajang. No mercy, no time to think, only time to act on reflex.

I never noticed how lance absolutely murderfucks Shrouded Nerscylla female.

You mistargeted, he's not defending World.

Most likely the paid version will die down in between, but the Goons who are just in general about trying to push Westernization and a general anti-Japan outlook will keep shitposting about World being the apex of the series.

Fucking hell i'm so glad capcom never localised this and kept tonfa's away from the main series, this shit's worse than world.

Royal burst or Earthshaker Magda Lahat for endgame gunlance?

when for world when?

Stream or no stream?
Fair warning: I'm drinking.

Do it

Frontier has been a laughing stock of design for years.

when it's when

oh god my eyes, it's like Phantasy Star Online fucked MoHun and Konjak.

I wish there was some kind of gauntlet weapon in the mainline which allows you to punch monsters in the face, but everytime I see the tonfas I imagine how can it become an extreme fuck up of a weapon.

Glad you're still with us user.

glad to be here
Just be sure to call me out when I start to attention whore or become a meme

A gauntlet style weapon would be a good idea the game does need more impact weapons, just not the tonfa anything but that.

I need more firepower

I use the Legi bowgun for pierce damage, but making popcorn gets old after a while. What are some other good guns to make?

I'll when (you)

I'm glad the main team is in charge of the port and they didn't outsource it to pump it out quicker, but the wait is killing me. I'm already going to have to wait an additional 2 weeks after release to see if the port is OK and if it doesn't have some additional Denuvo bullshit. Isn't that enough?

Get PPSSPP and grab Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd

Do what this user suggests

I have a soft spot for Portable 3rd as it was my first and what got me into the games so I recommend that one.

Yeah well I have a softspot for FU after ragequitting P2nd because Tigrex kicked my ass and coming back in FU with vengeance in mind which got me hooked after so much preparation and practice to take it down so I recommend that. They're both good I just wish P3rd was harder and had G-rank

I just ran into this guy in the middle of another hunt, and with one swipe it almost one-hit me. I have no idea even how to approach this, since every other boss this far (Bear, Jaggi, Woggri, Ququpeco) has been pretty normal, but this one is just too fucking fast with movement, I don't even know where to start since it pretty much one kills me.

I really don't want to cave and buy an import

here's a protip you give it space it'll fuck you sideways in your ass from your mouth you want to stay as close as possible to it and make sure to dodge when it does it flip or jump attacks

i hated the p3rd zingore, for some reason he was way harder than mh4u version

When he does his forward claw smash, you can just barely keep ahead of it if you time your rolls. Hitting his sides is usually safe, but you have to watch for his telegraphed backflips and shit. Those are what get you.While he's charging up, smack his face, you should be able to interupt him once, maybe twice before he does an AOE burst and enters his charged state. He's overall faster and stronger in this, so you could always just run away until he tires himself out. He is immune to shock traps in this state, and this state only, but pitfalls will always work.

He's my favourite boy to fight, alongside Pink Rathian. Barroth is 3rd, mainly just because he's so weak once you reach endgame and he just can't keep up. Wouldn't mind getting Jade Barroth back, but they'd need to make a real snow area before then. Hint Hint, Capcom, there's a lot of empty space on that map screen.

Fucking cuckchan hipster I swear to god they will also claim they play Chrono Trigger and the original Nier.

fuck outta here, degenerate

Holy fuck did you mistake that Rath for a jew or something?

I haven't really utilized any of my own traps until now, only those given in the missions. I think Iäll give my own traps a try too, thanks.

Show us your monhun collection. Go on faggot.

There's nothing wrong with using them to fuck with monsters, that's what they're there for. Consider bringing trap tools and some nets to get around the whole "only two traps" rule. Pitfall traps generally last longer, and give an easier shot at the monster's head.

Calm down, jesus christ.

Nerscylla

I recommend waiting until you get the official hunt for him, and upping your defense a lot before taking it. Zinogre is a decent jump in difficulty, maybe even the hardest part of low rank.

post your collection faggot, lemme see the stack too

post yours and your dildo collection and really show that other user

Well, I cleared all two-star quests for the major and Ququpico (the fucking red-mouth bird) was the urgent request even when he appeared first, and I've been doing the hot springs quests to get money and geear for it now (I'm probably not the fir to figure out this, but planting the rows of Nulberry in the farm and you get 3000 gold per any mission… much more than what the mission gives)

I'm not even the guy you were talking to, dude. I just think you're spazzing out.

how to gunlance

You can force the issue by spamming that slam-full burst combo, but a lot of the time you want to be playing it like a regular lance, while poping in a shell or two where you think you can fit them.

That pic…..GOLD

Wait till Deviljho, Bagel is right now the "current" deviljho.

Alright that's pretty sexy

Any monster is pretty much pseudo deviljho to me as long as they interrupt my fucking hunt, especially rathalos, I hate em so when they do that.
I want the actual deviljho to be released so it can eat my ass already.

It's piss easy to emulate you furfag nigger

No one cares that you nintendrones are upset over it no longer be exclusive.
I saw the same shit opinions when MH went from Sony to Nintendo.

You can talk about casualization all you want but most of you fags are casual tri babies who never played the original or dos then claim you know what the true monster hunter experience is.

Fuck off.

I've played the original. It's garbage. Vanilla dos is shit too. The PSP games are some of the best in the series.

MHG/freedom improved a lot but still kinda shitty compared to FU and P3rd.

I'm sorry, I've been busy playing a monster hunter game. Now that I have the time, let me reply with this infographic in pic related.

Three ways to do so.
First: gunlance with strong shells (normal, level4)
Second:gunlance with strong raw
Third: gunlance with both equally damaging

not who you posted to but it does my nuts in that only one GL has normal 4 and it's poison, which isn't the end of the world but still.

I've yet to try the raw build, no shelling with GL would fuck with my head I think I'd rather play regular lance than do that.

It's a weapon that does it all, that's what makes gunlance the best weapon.
Plus the way the weapon swings you don't necessarily need to face the boss anymore to hit, making it quite different than the Lance in world.

I swapped from GS to GL because the dumb combo for GS was getting on my nerves with all the near misses with the last true swing I was getting, GL is much more consistent, for me it is probably tied with LS for top spot and LS is only so good because the Divine Slasher is busted as fuck.

I'm using the Poison one, with handicraft 3(slither of white), protective polish, artillery 3, capacity boost, speed sharpening, gloves with 3 slots that are for +3 vitality/bleed resist/whatever, 1 blight resistance, weakness exploit and 1 crit boost, it's a bit nutty and the shit plays itself for most monsters.

Are you the same dude who asked the same question last time, but for Charge Blade?

Try attack +7, elementless, and the rest in handicraft, with the barroth's final weapon.
I reach 589 attack before food and buffs, and the build could be improved further.

I'll try it sometime, only have the 1 attack decoration because I missed out on duping them and you either can't get them as drops or my RNG has been fucking me for nearly 400 hours.

occasional Nightly 4U room is open
29-6997-0185-5897

I just checked and you can get more than the 1 attack decoration, I am HR 200 and probably more than 100 of that was tempered elder dragon investigations and not one, fucking hell that is retarded I just assumed they didn't exist.

Why the FUCK are decorations not crafted?

You can slam a bunch of shit ones into 3 chances at getting non shit ones, but I've tried save scumming it and the odds are really shitty.

BARIOTH ARMOR > KIRIN ARMOR
Prove me wrong.

I'll join in like 30 minutes.

All you need is two armor pieces with attack +2 and the charm maxed out.
It's a very versatile build since it leaves you with 3 pieces of armor to pick

I guess i dced?

I joined and the other 2 went back to the hall.

nigger get out and let's restart

I like World but no matter how you slice it you can't seriously defend this lack of weapon variety dude.

Other way around there, buying the (((localizations))) is the caving though really, why do either when A) It's XX, and thus only better than World, and B) you can pirate it super fucking easy

XX is probably the worst monster hunter hands down. World does a ton of stupid shit that I hate, but at the end of the day it's still a better game than the abortion that was XX

World is worse.

Sure world has the worst system for decorations, not so much content, and added a ton of casualization to basically ruin the franchise.
But
XX/X/Gen had styles which completely killed the game's flow, progression, and basically everything else. They could've brought back charm tables for world and it still would be better than XX

Nah world is shit m8. Just use guild style, XX has plenty of content.

I'll agree that Styles and Hunting Skills are fucking awful and should never have been put in, but from the sound of it a lot of that kinda got put into World anyway.

Just ignore the horrible shit and any game becomes good. You can't ignore a part of the game when going for comparisons, especially with the random ass nerf they gave to certain weapons to balance them around hunting arts and styles.

Hunter arts kind of did but only for the bowguns and, a horrible idea, mantles. Styles didn't thankfully. There's no adept/brave nonsense

You can't ignore the casualizations in world but you can ignore the bullshit in XX. You just lost your own argument.

Lol no, you can ignore them, much like styles and arts. Just close your eyes, no one is forcing you to play with a palico,decorations, armor, upgrading your weapon, item box access during hunts, eating during hunts.

No you didn't, you again show you have no idea what you're discussing.

Plenty of other shit was casualized.

Doesn't matter, the point is going "lol just ignore it" means you're retarded as shit and are refusing to actually take the game as a whole and are only looking at parts you like.

You can do this in the previous games as well, but you can't turn off the pussy monster mechanics that stumble for every combo in World, nor can you stop the monsters from dealing scripted 1000+ damage to each other and you can also not select a classic healing mode. The game was rushed out the door and is aimed towards the lowest common denominator to sell because none of the other capcom games have been selling.

you can ignore them just as much as the weapon nerfs from them assuming you're using hunter arts.

No you can't. Ignoring arts will make the game more difficult or not change at all. Ignoring MHW being piss easy makes it still piss easy. Are you going to suggest that someone should stop hitting the monster so it doesn't fall over at the last part of the combo 75% of the time? Are you going to suggest to lead monsters away from natural traps? Are you going to suggest to break into the games code and make it so monsters can not attack each other anymore?

that's basically what you're suggesting by ignoring huge swaths of the game so you can cling to some desperate hope that MHX/XX is somehow better than MHW

It is better than than MHW, and it's a fucking spin off game.

on what basis, the core gameplay was so butchered beyond what even MHW did. And anything it added was behind a retarded ass ticket system. It nerfed weapons assuming you'd use HAs and Styles, and even then some weapons were absurdly nerfed. SnS became obscenely strong because of oils that they didn't bring back thankfully, also fuck horn because that's how you know it's a real MH is you nerf horn. It also had the worst monster, bonesquid was horrible even the music gave up for him. The ticket system and the obnoxious as hell set bonuses that world brought back.
Most of what people dislike about world aside from the core gameplay changes were at least partially introduced in X/XX.

Didn't that "plant a device that generates a healing zone" thing also make it in as a not-a-mantle-but-in-the-same-slot thing?

That's good to hear.

But you can't stop the monsters from attacking each other, or getting caught in environmental shit.

You're arguing against the wrong person judging by your use of "again." You're also wrong, the PS2 games used the right stick for attacking, the left stick for moving, and the D-Pad for the camera. You absolutely were clawing.

Agreed here, for both XX and World.

While I agree that XX was fucking awful, it seems like you'd have to ignore a lot more of World to make it seem like Monster Hunter than you would with XX, and that's before getting into shit that can't just be disabled.

So fucking this. It especially stood out with how GOOD the rest of the new monster themes were.

Exactly, World's basically XX but worse.

Most of the Hunting Arts are shit aside for a few weapons.

Most of the shit people dislike are core gameplay changes, and shit unique to world. I have yet to hear people complain about something brought over from X/XX aside from you. Most complaints include mobile healing, mobile bowgun, free traps and constant stuns/paralysis, and bethesda tier bugs due to wonky scripts, and the fact that there are only about four unique looks per weapon.

people complain about mantles constantly, and those are just hunter arts

They have a completely different functionality.

not at all. Defensive HAs served roughly the same purpose, don't act like you didn't see everyone take absolute evasion.

This shit pisses me off more than it should.

Rathalos is the worst monster in every game

That's not Kirin or Khezu.

I think you misspelled Gypceros

Back off. Gyppy is fun mid tier monster.

thats a funny way to spell Yian Garuga

Just think of it as a trap. That doesn't help at all, now that I think about it.

Just think of it as a Kemono Friends. There are no males, even if the animal was originally male.

gonna need some advice on my HBG build for MH World , currently i have

level 3 attack boost
level 2 bombardier
level 1 special ammo boost
level 2 Bombardier
level 1 Artillery (talisman)
and Non Element boost

i am in the middle of finding a suitable waist- and head armor for my build and for the skirt part i am struggling with going for the nergigante skirt (which boosts the attack boost to level 5),
xeno'jiiva skirt for upgrading the special ammo boost to level 2 or going a entirely different route and aim for level 4 affinity boost (+15% affinity) with the odogaron skirt and the tactician glasses.

which choice would you recomment me, /mhg/ ?

If my advice means anything, don't engage him until you get the Urgent Quest alert and have done a couple of bath salts / drink quests. If this faggot appears in the middle of your quest, run away or Abandon quest, you won't lose your progress and items that way (he is the sole exception, in any other quest you lose your shit).
The only weapon I've been able to beat him with was a Qurupeco Hammer, hit him a couple of times and run away. When you learn his patters somewhat, you'll know when you have a window to pull a full 3-hit combo or a charged R hit.
Another tip I had to look up online was the way you can snap out of being stunned: rotate your stick in either direction and tap X, but I'm not sure this actually helps and you will cut down the stun duration by ~50%.

I got a question for how bows apply their element damage as I'm trying out ranged for the first time. Do all the shots power, poison, para, etc. get the effect or only the uncoated shots? My bow has blast and also has a blast coating when i use a blast coating is it applying it twice if that is how it works? Is it different for effects like blast rather than fire element? Please explain.

All your bow shots deal blast. Blast coating boosts your blast applying rate I think, like elemental phial would increase elemental bows' elemental damage.
Different shot types have different bonus modifiers though.
And I think para and poison doesn't override your element, but I am not sure about that.

You can button mash all the face buttons I believe.

Luckily the dyeing system smooths out some clashes. If only souls games had that.
The alpha sets never have anything for what I'm doing. I don't need effluvial expert or stealth or specimen or anything irrelevant to all situations. That cuts out like eighty percent of alphas. Furthermore many a set bonus take four pieces, limiting you to what kinds of synergy you can manage. Reduce adaptability by narrowing your choices.

Fashion, utility, and fun are more often not found in each other's company, but once in a blue moon. I foresee a Vaal Hazak set nerf in the future, but until them I'm abusing the shit out of it and Health Regen(L), stacked with Blessing and every defense buff I know of.

Bazel set is godly if you play with blast weapons as I do. Also anti-instacart attacks.

I just made a Vaal set so I can beat the crap out of him easier and not have to worry about his Effluvial HP being cut in half bullshit.

He's the easiest Tempered Elder to beat next to Nerg for me. So I'm usually almost always farming him.

I have some defense gems and an upgraded defense charm so I might actually shove that in there.

>mfw the absolute state of thirdWorld™ shitters

I'm doing hunting horn, I need all the cheese I can mustard when dealing with bagels. Plus I'm sharing all that shit with almost maxed friendship.
I'm playing the horn as the devs intend it, for better or worse. Still prefer to solo max explosives build, but it's faster farming with help.

Funlance really deserves its name, but I stopped using it since I felt I wasn't helping my team/kept spamming the same combo/wasn't utilizing wyvern breath well enough in my opinion
I feel like the depth of CB and the fact that it is a constantly building super rather than a passive charge lends to feeling like I'm playing a CURAYZEE

Somebody please explain this to me. Where's Glavenus, and why did Odogaron steal his signature skill?

Because maximum edge on slicing claws.
If I'm not mistaken he's the only one that causes bleed.

I didnt ask for this.

I was HR 43 after the main story and then I got those two Bazels. They're not THAT bad because it's two of them so they have less HP, but it's still intimidating.

After that is Tempered Kirin to uncap your HR.

(Heiled)
Oh no.

Thunder mantle and NEVER EVER attack his front when he's charged. Might want to give palico the shield gadget so you can flank in relative peace.

I was away for a few days, now I'm back and can post IDs.

Updated ID: 4HXDDDyFrjTc

In Japan the boy/girl colors are opposite.
Pink Rathian would be the monster boy trap.
Or maybe that's Korea..?

Occasional Nightly 4U room
Come join and hunt
63-8146-2712-2097

Probably Korea

"user HURRY UP YOU ONLY HAVE 10 MINUTES LEFT!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlet's welcome our next gal: Monster Hunter!
woooooooooooo
This pretty lady comes from the faraway land of Japan. Tell us, Mohuney, what are your turn ons and turn offs?

You never are the first time, but let me tell you what, landing a jump attack from halfway up the map, insta-KO'ing him, is cathartic.

The fuck are you on about? Any weapon is fine, just learn how to use it effectively

I want to play this game but want to wait a bit for any patches

You might as well wait for the PC version in that case. More of the final roster of monsters will be out by then too.

Plus the PC version has free online.

Have they announced anything but Deviljho?

He finally did it

Also which monhun would you folks recommend for emulation?

Unite or p3rd.

So, does she drop her tits on hunters?

She presses them against them until THEY explode

thanks friend, downloading both now

Monster Hunter on PS2

FU is for serious times, P3rd is for chill times. P3rd is a lot easier so it's a good entry point, but going back to FU might prove rough due to loss of QoL improvements and harsher difficulty (lack of exhaust system for monsters being the main factor). They're both good but FU has a lot more content.
Also fuck everyone that says the hitboxes in FU suck, I can roll underneath Kut-ku's tail and that's not i-frames doing it. Plesioth's the biggest hitbox offender and his fucking ass isn't fixed in 3U so you can fuck off with them fixing the hitboxes in 3rd gen.

Yes he was.

You're both kind of right. His hitboxes were improved a lot in 3rd gen, but were never entirely fixed. Even in Gen and XX his hitboxes are still a bit fucked up.

Currently trying to break through the double Rath 5* urgent in FU, and getting shit on for the most part. It doesn't help that dung bombs don't seem to have any effect.
Should I change anything up or am I good as is?

I always forget that console players have to deal with that shit as I just take free online for granted.

Even then it's only people on the 9th gen TV consoles, the 3DS, Vita, PS3, Wii U are all free online.

The only reason Plesioth is so bad is because he's 50 feet tall and the only part that ever visually "touches" you are his feet. His tail spin hitbox has to extend down to the ground, otherwise it's comically useless because he's so god damn tall it would never touch you.

Then make him smaller.
I never had too much trouble with him, but he isn't very fun anyway.

Rathalos (female)

They;re not reliable unless you have some dung efficiency skill
If you can get an armor skill to null poison that will help, also flashbombs + 10 flashbugs and bomb casings + combo book will help
this is from one newb to another

LR Garuga is the best since you can equip the head part and add more affinity (also keeping earplugs) or using the mask for getting HG earplugs. But since you're using GS you can simply cover from roars.
Dungbombs only works when the monster dind't detected you and has the smoke bomb Aoe (if they don't hit the monster).

New thread?

Is poison actually any good?

Depends. Brute wyverns are pretty weak against poison.

I found it usefull on LR, haven'r tried it on HR or tempered.
Does poison coat stack with poison weapons?

Science has gone to far.

A trap implies they have a penis. This is rule 63.

what bowgun ya using

ewww

Delicious

I was just in gathering hall 2, no one there but this guy.

Does FU on PPSSPP have online?

yes
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub

The last time I checked coldbird it was more emptier than the spic Evolve MH group I joined several months ago. It still works?

Looks like it does, the server says there are people playing
theres also that monhunserver

okay hold on, gimme a sec i wanna do a purple gypceros quest

alright gimme a sec

Oh shit I'll start up my game again I just shut it down

LET ME PLAY PLEASE

Gathering hall 2 lad.

alright

i don't see anyone here

Huh. odd. I've little idea how this shit works tbh.

inb4 i gotta port forwarding

OH! Untick enable built in pro ad-hoc server. That might be your issue.

i did that and it doesn't seem to work, i might have a shittier version of ppsspp
maybe if i reboot it or something

blech i might stick to the vita

you probably do

its probably because i have the wrong version of the game, i got my version off emuparadise, that must be what's not letting me see anyone

I would say going off the guide you'd need to forward UDP port 10000 to your PC, otherwise I've no idea.

yeah i think this is just a lost cause at this point