What game is good for alt tabbing back and forth as I work?

What game is good for alt tabbing back and forth as I work?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/lz02S
dictionary.com/browse/automation
archive.is/n1GYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do your fucking job, you stupid lazy faggot. The human mind isn't designed for multitasking. It's unhealthy to split your focus.

you probably aren't getting much work done, are you?

in any case play some Fire Emblem. You can do your turns and work while the computer does theirs.

Chess
Civilization
Emulators
Nethack
Football Manager
Hearthstone
arena.xlsm
Swarm Simulator

Irisu Syndrome

Oldschool Runescape is a mainstay in this sense. Too bad the game itself is shit and getting shittier with every reddit post. There's Kingdom of Loathing, which is turn-based, has years of content, good replayability, and is browser based so it can be tabbed easily. Also, it is in black and white with text and mspaint b&w drawings so it can look work-related from a distance; if you can disable image loading then it would be hard for anyone to catch you at a distance. The humor can be bad sometimes though, especially in newer stuff. You could also do stuff in Simlife, which I sometimes do at work. That game lets you make your own planet and creatures, so you can let it evolve in the background and check/intervene at any point whatsoever.

kys no-fun faggot

Garbage ones.

Got a fun experience to tell us, user?

What in the fucking christ is wrong with you.

If you've ever worked in a shitty office you know there are the workplace rules "in theory" mandated from above and workplace rules "in practice" that function as unspoken rules for the people on the front lines. There is occasionally a new guy or shit stirrer who wants to ass-kiss the higher ups by insisting that everyone follow the "in theory" rules that either subtract from the comfort of your co-workers or in even worse cases were retarded for the workflow to begin with.

I can either work at 100% for a 0.00002% chance of a raise or slightly above average for 0.00001% chance of a raise, if it even makes a difference. I'm not saying "don't do your job" but be realistic about what you're getting for the effort you put in. It helps a lot if you can quantify your productivity and know what a day's work is.

But Kingdom of Loathing went SJW with that "LE ETHDICKS IN GAYMEN JOURNALAUTISM FACE XDDDDDDDDDDDD" meme they shoehorned in.

Besides that, it was also easy to break. Back when I played it I could do 5 day runs and get every skill to make things even easier. Once I deliberately caused a market crash so I could make a profit off of it. I ended up making a lot off meat off of that.

Or you could have some fucking self respect faggot. I cannot stand people who think that it's all good to be paid for work they didn't do. Honestly neck yourself asap for being a worthless fucking leech while your coworkers put in real effort, and earn what they receive.

Trust me, they are doing the same thing, only with Angry birds and fantasy football.

No nigger, your behavior isn't justified by others acting similarly.

Oh they did? I knew they were SJW but that's shit of them. Scratch that OP don't play it

I'm convinced that you have never had a job you didn't like or you just never had a job. Employers aren't always perfectly fair and just: some of them can and will try to screw you over harder than you could ever screw back. Thankfully my coworkers recognize that. It would be a real misfortune for us all if we got someone like you.

Confirmed for never working a day in your life. Theres a time and place for going above and beyond at work, and 90% of the time there is more downtime if you are working with people who are competant. Not to mention, if your existing systems are already up to snuff and working well, its hard to get the big bosses to give you funding to upgrade.

hahaha holy fuck

You'll be the only person actually doing work. There's a good reason why everything is collapsing around us and that is because not enough people do what they are supposed to.

Runescape.

How about the supperior game Advance Wars?

Go the fuck back to leftypol you communist fuck

Are you retarded, the american economy is fucking booming. The problem is people want to be paid the same thing as IT technician or an engineer but they decided to do gender studies or sociology. I decided to be a cyber security technician and im making upwards of 75k a year and the bubble is no where near bursting because IT is rapidly growing. Its why the BBC is going to collapse because they are trying to make a vagina = years of work

I'm not the kind of faggot to tattle to the boss but if I notice you fucking off on your phone for half the day I'm going to politely confront you about it in a "Hey could you help me with this" kind of way. I work in I.T. and most of the time I can refocus people by requesting some assistance.

If you have downtime that's out of your control, and there's absolutely nothing else you could be doing I envy your job, however, you'd be justified in a brake. But that situation isn't OP's.

>>>Holla Forums
A job is a transaction, whether that transaction is always fair, is up for criticism. But claiming a job is "slave labour" is hyperbolic bs.

Anything turn based really.

hello cuckchan

Nicely rebutted nigger, how about you actually read what I said.

Alright cut the political shitflinging or you'll kill yet another thread.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that.

I'll try to sage when off topic

Runescape is fucking terrible, the exact opposite of what you want. It compels you to babysit it every 30 seconds so it won't log you out of the game, it won't let you pace yourself however you want.

I rebutted your attribution of leftism to any criticism of capitalism you brain dead retard.

Here I'll make it very clear for you since you seem slow.

It is hyperbolic, that was the point of my post. Attributing leftism to any criticism of capitalism is fucking retarded. Hey look I can repeat what I just said as well!

It's almost as if I don't need to address statements I agree with.

The user was right about some youngshit thinking the workplace is some utopia of productivity being ridiculous.

The other user had reason to believe you're a leftycuck because of your hyperbole.

Let's leave at that, yes?

CLAIM: Desirability of working hard is a romanticization of "capitalist slave labour"

RESPONSE: A job is a trade of your skills and labor for money, the amounts of which are fair to criticize. However, working a job does not make you a slave.

CLAIMANT RESPONSE: Only a cuckchanner would associate criticisms of capitalism with leftism

RESPONSE: You only addressed my ">>>Holla Forums" and not my actual statement, "nigger".

CLAIMANT RESPONSE: I responded to your ">>>Holla Forums" you "brain dead retard".

RESPONSE: QUOTE OF MY STATEMENT BECAUSE YOU COMPLETELY FAILED TO FOLLOW THE CONVERSATION

CLAIMANT RESPONSE: Associating criticism of capitalism with leftism is dumb.
My statement was in direct disagreement with yours, I claimed that it was "hyperbolic bs", and you replied with "Anti-capitalism =/= Leftism".

you may have autism there buddy. That would also explain why you don't quite grasp hyperbole

Calling work slave labour is hyperbolic. The point of the hyperbole was to expose the ridiculousness of romanticizing the average job any given man is likely to have in western civilization as if we are living in an era where people can still have respectable jobs.

I don't need you to outline the entire discussion we just had. I was there as well.

(Checked)
I've worked on reports while waiting for friends to finish their turns in Endless Legend and Space 2.
It makes bullshit like this even more hilarious. You're not even putting much of your attention and you fuck up their force with the most slimmest of chances.

Try OpenTTD since it's very lightweight or maybe in-browser emulation. There's even windows emulators for browsers available these days to fuck around in.

Anything turn-based.

Find a way to be self-employed.

MineSweeper.

Games used to occasionally come with a Boss Key feature, which I'm not even sure if any still do outside of novelty because Alt-Tab has been a thing since Win three point fucking aught.

I wonder if they ever actually fooled anybody? I wonder what someone's boss would today think of walking past a cubicle to see one of their employees clumsily fumbling with a keyboard shortcut, look in, and see a faux Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet from early 90's.

Stop trying so hard to be marks little stooge, you are only shitting up the thread further when you bitch about notvidya. There hasn't been one single thread in the entire history of the internet that got back on topic because some kike asshole licking faggot barged in and gave everyone a dirty look. Practice what you preach or fuck off.

I'm with you brother.

Tell me more

Faggot the average human brain can do 3 stuff simultaneously so close shifting focus with each one that can be said is multitasking

You're exactly like the kind of boss that fires people for closing 5 minutes early because the restaurant is always dead for 2 hours before closing time. Unskilled labor is about time management and not forcing your workers to remain alert 100% of the time or else they burn out and alienate customers, ensuring they never come back again.

My co-worker brought a tablet and played Hearthstone and Banished on it.

unless a task naturally has idle/wait times, you are less efficient by at least the time it takes to switch from one task to the next.

That is true, but you're doing each task considerably less efficiently and carefully. Focusing on one thing at a time leads to best results.

So? Work smart not hard etc. This is true for the vast majority of desk jobs.

It's even worse in government. Competence is an unicorn there, and there are unicorn hunters.

just your posting style alone reminds me of a weak individual that no well-adjusted person would like

ah that explains why nobody would like you

Congrats if you can get paid to play emulators now and then, but that's a symptom of a meaningless job. Find work you enjoy that and challenges you.

You won't get anywhere debating this. I learned working in restaurants there are 2 types of employees- the ones who want to fill their time getting stuff done and those trying to minimize how much they do and gossip. There's weirdly little in between. My bosses were arrogant faggots, the customers were fucking morons, but I still worked hard because it passed the time. Now I have a real career, the other people who worked have moved on or got promoted. Most of the lazy ones are still waiting tables in restaurants. That being said-

This is true. Modern corporations and government are so bureaucratic, nepotistic, subsidized and HR dominated that we're already there. Half the jobs themselves are pretend work.

Virtue signaling about work ethic: the thread

starring: autists who spend all day refreshing the thread to get the last word in for an internet argument

The autist hasnt figured out that 90% of modern jobs were created just for the sake of being filled. It's a literal waste of both time and money but necessary because we are losing many jobs to automation.

Bought out a shitton of an item that I knew people would need soon for an event. I also chose this particular item because I knew it was hard to farm. One I bought out the entire market using an initial investment of 10,000,000 meat, I sold the product for a 5,000% price mark up and waited for the event to start.
Sales were slow until the event hit and people realized they needed the product. I know I'm being vague but I like to keep my secrets. If you're any good at the game you should already know what item I'm talking about. Let me take a screenshot, it'll take a while since I forgot my KoL password.

Then start paying people to do work instead of paying them to sit in a chair for a certain time period.

As somebody who has worked a meaningless job that let's me play video games, with little chance of promotion as well. I recommend no longer working said shit job. Until then however, turn-based RPGs are the best options, I particularly recommend the SMT series, but Dragon Quest and Atelier games if you don't mind do as well. If that doesn't work you could always read Manga.

Are you fucking retarded? We’re a decade away from the Second Great Depression AT MOST.

You didn’t read my post. That’s the exact opposite of what I said.

Not an argument. Nothing you said is remotely accurate.

Granblue is pretty good, theres a thread on Holla Forums here and the game is literally designed for overworked salarymen in Japan.

:thonking:

Pence is worse than Hillary.

No, no. You can’t expect people to do work at work. That makes you a faggot, according to the people here. It’s not like this complete fall-off in quality and productivity is causing a crisis or anything.
That’s literally not how anything works, at all. They cannot and will not do that. And yes, I know you clicked the wrong post.

>Implying the (((Elite))) won't force a reelection on the day of Trump's tragic "suicide"

fuck off back to your containment thread

What you don't see to understand is that society has no standards now. The elite could pull something like that off and the American retard public would applaud it because they finally impeached Drumpf.

user, fucking please. Don’t make me think that I’m actually RIGHT when I say no one will ever rise up or fight back in any capacity because the last 105 years of human history prove my point. I don’t need even more reasons to kill myself.

Productivity is still increasing. And the people being productive are not getting any more money for it. We have so few jobs for people to do that we make up bullshit non-jobs to have people sit around wasting their lives at.

Exclusively due to technology, user. We hit a ceiling back in the early 1980s, and then the personal computer was invented. It’s only increasing due to the back-end use of technology.
Thanks, 1970s decoupling from gold! Also, thanks Federal Reserve!

What?

Of course some people will fight back, but most soygoys will go along with whatever the elite planned for us.
That's why I believe it is better to prepare now before it is too late.

Mike “Israel should dictate US policy” Pence has no business being in our government. He’s a self-admitted traitor.

I’d ask you to go read up on the history of the Great Depression, but you’re clearly too stupid to care.

It’s already too late. They won in 1913. No one fought back then. They’re not going to now.
Sure will.

And I hit the wrong fucking button.

video games?

Are you implying that Hillary wouldn't do worse?

Nice try Schlomo. Nobody owes Mr. Goldbergstein anything. If he doesn't like the work being done, he's free to hire someone else. The great depression was not caused by people giving too little to kikes.

heh

I hate this "info"graph.

It could be shilling for feminism. Just replace the word System with patriarchy and you suddenly have a hardcore feminazi pamphlet.

You sound jealous that you don't have a comfy job where you can just sit at your desk doing nothing while getting paid.

If you replace the word system with patriarchy it makes no sense. Feminists want a system that provides for the basic needs for the masses without them needing to do think or work or care, they don't think it is their enemy.

Are you implying it's wrong? Take it from a lemming, I see everything burning down and my race dying around me, and do you know what my response is?
Video games.

It isn't that it is wrong, it is that it is babby's first deep thought. Being a revolutionary is mental abnormality.

So is being a Napoleon or a Hitler, or any leader of worth. Normal is dodging hardship at all costs and taking the easiest road.

Normal is reproducing and surviving. There is a reason that alpha-male fighters in different species rise to the top and have a low survival rate while those in that same species who use their flight instinct live to breed another day. Strength of that nature is something to be admired, but it is retarded to expect that strength of everybody, especially for abstract ideas in exchange for concrete comforts. The pictures aren't wrong, they're just not as smart as the smarmy writer tries to present them

again, nobody would like a tool like you except maybe other tools

Right. That's why it's written for those alt-righters who believe that "our mass peaceful demonstration will win the white house and kill all jews!," or the "alt-right idiot," as the title suggests.
I reckon it's largely for the newfaggot who thinks we can vote our way out of hell.

It seems applicable to almost any armchair revolutionary.

I appreciate your visit, r/atheism

Fuck off back to Holla Forums you commie pieces of shit

You're saying this on a board that has had long protracted conversations about how them dirty normalfags don't possess a soul and other such shit.

Come on now

This isn't a suggestion for a game you can play while alt-tabbing, but if you have the freedom to alt-tab every once in a while, I suggest getting into a game called Chess Evolved Online. You can't alt-tab play it because it's an online multiplayer game and you don't want to leave a human opponent hanging, but what you can do is claim login rewards to build your collection, since it's basically a CCG with chess pieces instead of cards. While most games with login rewards only give them to you once a day, CEO has a button that goes on a timer. Press button, receive free shit. And the timer is random, but is never longer than 55 minutes, sometimes as short as 5 minutes. So every once in a while just alt-tab to it and press the button and you'll have a much stronger collection of pieces than you would have otherwise.

Practically any turn-based game will work for alt-tabbing purposes. I suggest Slay The Spire, that's been pretty fun for me personally at least. You can also play Saltybet, although that's not exactly a game per se.

It is a fact you retard. People are genetically hard wired to play it safe and protect a bad system that keeps them alive, rather than help a better system that would see them prosper take over.

Nigger have you ever worked a fucking office/tech job? Sometimes you're waiting on others to get shit done before you can do something, sometimes you have a fixed amount of stuff to get through in a day and can complete it in less than 8 hours, so are free to do what you want with the extra time. If someone is on-site tech support they'll often have huge amounts of downtime if everything is running smoothly but need to be there anyway. Stop fucking screeching if all you've ever done are blue collar/manual labor jobs.

Yes.

Enjoy starving to death. The depression’s inbound.

You clearly don’t comprehend what a human being is. If you want to act like an animal, go live in the fucking forest. If you have no comprehension of the concepts of honor, truth, justice, empiricism, chivalry, and order, strip naked and go run with the wolves. But if you comprehend sapience IN ANY FORM, you’ll understand that there is more to life–HUMAN life–than sex, food, and shelter.

Fucking lol.

That’s… not true.

recently I bought a bunch of cheapass chinese hentai games on steam, like mirror and hell girls, they're actually perfect for playing while working

Yeah, there is. Those are just the absolute bare minimum requirements, and commie filth struggle to even provide that, let alone anything else involved in human life.

Haven and Hearth, just keep an ear out for russians.

that's right, I'm not a nigger

If you can support it then do it. Trying to deflect over and over isn't going to accomplish anything. Explain how you figure rising productivity is creating a crisis of low productivity that will create a depression. And if you actually are as stupid as you are pretending to be, remember this for 15 years from now when there's still no depression from too much productivity that is low productivity but doesn't count because robots.

Cookie clicker :^)
In all seriousness, turn based strategy games, or games that involve some amount of waiting are probably what you want. Some other anons mentioned civilization, you could also check out factorio. There's also a turn-based mmo game called Initium that is apparently pretty good, but i haven't played it yet. Another one is a game called Leadership, which is disguised as a powerpoint presention of different graphs, although it's fairly simplistic as a game. There's a clicker game called Spaceplan that might be interesting.

lmaoing @ ur life Holla Forums and Holla Forums are sibling boards, always have been, always will be :^)

Not sure you’re literate, boyo.

You were already told why this is happening.
This is literally how fucking stupid and innumerate you are. “Things are great now! Therefore they could never, ever be bad at any time in the future!” I bet you take to Keynesianism like a duck to water.

Let me tell you story. In the late 1960s and early ‘70s, we had a bit of a problem. The fertility rate had been forcibly–purposely–sent into decline, even below the replacement rate. Some people thought this was good, since there was talk of the Population Bomb (insane Malthusians, all of them). A few other things happened around that time which messed things up. In the US in particular, we were having a civil war between the WASP establishment and the Jews for total control of the country. The Jews got blacks worked up and they burnt over 100 of our cities. In order to calm them down, we had to give them some free stuff (or deport/slaughter them all, which would have actually solved the problem, but that wouldn’t have been what the elites wanted, so it was never even whispered as an option), so we created Affirmative Action and welfare. Basically, we pay them to not work and to not destroy our country. It’s a tax, but they were only 10% of the population and we were a rich country. We also had all these old people who had been in the war, and they thought it would be nice to give them some free things. So we created pensions and free medicine for them, and also gave it to blacks. No big deal, since we were rich and old people didn’t live much longer than 65, which was also when they stopped working.

It’s an old cliché, but they say that if you want more of something, subsidize it. The free medical for the old and blacks was basically an unlimited pot of money to which companies could sell life extension technologies. The whole healthcare industry went from being tiny to a huge monster. It sounds great that grandma is going to live to 90 instead of 65, but that means she is unproductive for 25 years and someone else has to pay for her. Not to mention her medical costs.

This huge increase in life expectancy would have been fine if grandma had had eight kids, but she only had two. Or fewer. So there were not enough productive people to pay for her. In other words, there was going to be huge inflation as demand outstripped supply. So we tried to fix it with a little trick. We noticed that 50% of working age white people were not working, so we used some horrible propaganda to get them (women) into the workforce. This, of course, had a negative effect on the number of children women had. Thus, we needed to drive the cost of labor down to keep inflation down. It worked, but it did some negative things like destroy our manufacturing base and skills. Then we got lucky. Computers and the Internet were created. This created incredible efficiencies and allowed us to get more work out of each worker (higher productivity). But it was not enough, and healthcare kept creating life extension technologies for old people. To make matters worse, the nonproductive blacks were multiplying faster than whites and many whites were behaving like blacks (not working). Crisis. We tried to change the pension system multiple times, but they went insane (It’s now called the third rail of politics; you can’t so much as suggest a reduction to their benefits, in any form, or you will commit political suicide and be unelectable). So we went to Plan Z. Immigration. We wanted to immigrate white people, but South Africa was the only place whites were leaving. We tried Asia, but we couldn’t get enough Japanese or Koreans to turn traitor to their own nations like we were. So we scraped the bottom of the barrel. Arabs, blacks, and mestizos. Yes, their IQs are an entire sigma below whites, and yes, it meant that the economy would contract by 30% or so, but we’d backed ourselves into a corner. Plus, the banks love the debt we’re getting into.

So, yes, civilization and our economies were flushed down the toilet so that the boomer generation and the jews who made them could ride 30 years of retirement on high. We can spit on their graves, I guess, but it won’t matter to them. They’ll have had a great ride and we get to scrounge in the ashes.

It wasn’t for you anyway, faggot.

No shit, its in the post you are replying to you halfwit. Now try explaining how that will cause a depression.
Said nobody. Things are not great now, things are shit now. But the kike system isn't going to collapse in a decade because you are afraid of robots.
Nothing to do with productivity increases causing a depression. You kinda suck at this. Trying to poorly explain why niggers are going to cause a depression does not support the idea that increasing productivity will. And you are wrong still, they will cause civil war, not a depression.

You’re not intelligent enough to be here. This is probably 6th grade-level comprehension we’re going for here, and you just don’t have it. You should be able to figure this out on your own, as the Layton games would say.
False. Proof:
You’re unaware of even the most basic market cycles.
Yep. And you think that productivity is increasing! Ha.
Didn’t say it was.
Didn’t say that was the reason. I made no mention of automation, nor of the delusional claims it will replace the entire workforce.
Woe unto you for getting THAT out of what you read. Again, this is an introduction to these concepts simple enough for a 6th grader to understand.
Eh… I’d read it again. You missed most of it.
Enjoy starving to death in the depression.
No, that’s not what was explained to you.
The ILLUSION of productivity increase is not 1. Helped by people playing video games at work and 2. Not sufficient to sustain the system.
Good thing I never said anything about niggers causing a depression, then!

One that you keep making up, despite there being an increase in productivity.
That doesn't say things can never be bad. It says there won't be a depression in 10 years as you claim. Don't argue like a kike, stick to what was actually said.
It is. You've acknowledged this several times. Saying "muh robots" doesn't change anything.
"productivity isn’t actually increasing; it’s a factor of non-human intervention"
No, it is your 6th grade understanding of it, big difference.

OLO

Does anybody even bother reading these walls of text
I wonder what game OP decided to play

lol archive.is/lz02S
Again, you know nothing about the most basic market cycles.
lol
It does.
Automation is the replacement of human jobs with robots/algorithms. What we’ve had thus far is the augmentation of human jobs with computerization.
Thanks for the compliment, but it’s still not hard to understand.

Fuck off

>>>/reddit/

DO YOUR JOB

>lol archive.is/lz02S
Gee, if you exclude all the high productivity because you don't like it, you can say productivity is low. How very jewish.
You are the only person on the planet who understands "basic market cycles" huh?
Quit playing heeb games. Redefining words to pretend you didn't say what you said is pathetic. Argue like a white man or go away.
Again, not the question at hand. Nobody said it was hard to understand. Being easy to understand is not the same as being correct.

lol
How is this supposed to be a reply? Go get a fucking clue.
Sorry you were wrong? What do you expect em to say?
Didn’t happen. That’s what you’re doing.
Said the retarded piece of shit who doesn’t think there will be a depression in a decade. Enjoy starving.
And you’re not correct. Social Security goes bankrupt in 2026. Period. Nothing can or will ever stop this from happening. If you expect the economy to survive through that, I have an economic system to sell you. It’s called Keynesianism and it TOTALLY fucking works. Trust me.

If "there will be a depression in 10 years" is "basic market cycles", then since you are the only person on the planet who thinks there will be a depression in 10 years, you must be the only person on the planet who understands "basic market cycles". Not hard to understand.
I wasn't wrong. You trying to redefine words to pretend they don't mean what they actually mean is not me being wrong, it is you trying to kike your way out of your lie.
dictionary.com/browse/automation
You are the only person in the world who does think that.
Oh, you actually are trolling. I thought you were a genuine retard.

Yawn.
You were. I explained why.
The troll cries out in troll as he trolls you. We’re done here. The depression is unstoppable and inevitable. You will starve to death. It would be sad if you were worth continuing to live.

Rocksmith.

This. Don't switch between work and play, it just makes you shittier at both. You have less fun in the game, and the quality of your work suffers. Separate them, and you can give each your full attention

Constantly multitasking and switching between different things fucks up your attention span. How many people today have the patience to sit down and read about book, or even a single article? Very few. And a culture of constant distraction and instant gratification is a big reason why.

R O C K S M I T H
Oh, ho.
ROCKSMITH

Bump

It's no farce, many cannot put their feet on land at this point. Come. Play Silent Hunter 3.

Aurora 4x is perfect for exactly that, but you need to have advanced autism in order to play it. Give it a try, there's literally nothing to lose since it's free

Is there any amount of automation? Can I design an “asteroid miner” ship and then have my society send copies of it out to all the asteroids, or do I have to literally do every lift off, every rendezvous, and every landing of every single ship?

You haven't made an argument to refute. You just keep repeating "the depression will happen because I say so" and then trying to weasel out of all the lies you tell along the way.

I'll put 10k in escrow to bet there's no depression in 10 years, how about you? And why are you fantasizing about me starving? I live in the middle of nowhere and grow all my own food except coffee and sugar. I would barely even notice a depression.

You can do that shit but it will take you a long time since you will have to deal with a shit ton of problems like resource management and trajectories.

Perhaps you messed up, horribly.

anyone new where to find acopy of dopewars that isnt full of malware

Being shaped as I am.

There is a problem that needs a fix.

Funny you made this thread.
My job finally fixed their firewall and I can play osrs all day and they don't care.
I've managed to skyrocket in levels and I'm spending all 8 hours every day. I'm actually performing better at work because it's a huge stress relief and makes the day fly by without any hindrance.
The community is also 1000x nicer and you'll find peolle throwing money at you when you appear to be a noob. Funny thing is though I don't touch the game outside of work.

Not a single Yankee

Place closed down a few months later after the owner's husband died and she couldn't handle the business, claiming they were unable to find competent people to run it. Real story from my friend is quite a few people got fired for being incompetent when really her star employee was the lazy, incompetent fuck.

Here's a tip to any of the bosses/owners out there: I've seen the employee-of-the-month steal cash from the till. I've seen the career guy intentionally break expensive equipment. I've seen people with serious ambitions throw it all away to steal shit like steaks. You can't count anyone out, ever. Anyone can be the bad guy, all it takes is one moment of anger or undeserved entitlement and the best people turn into shitheads.

Bless your innocence young man

pick one

How do I get a comfy office job if I don't have connections?

Work hard, study, apply for it.

Let's say I already put in many applications and haven't so much as heard a word. What then?

Keeping applying to places you fucking retard

too bad
nepotism or bust, if you don't know somebody to get you in, you're fucked from the start

.t someone who couldn't even land a job at goodwill with a nice as fuck CV but got a 15$/hr starting forklift gig OVERNIGHT because he knew a guy who knew a guy

You know, you could have just said it was 2 special needs children and saved yourself some time typing

It's unfair to compare a special needs child to a communist. One of them was born with it and the other willfully succumbed to being a retard, arguably making them worse.
Sage for what the fuck has this thread become.

Company only pays me a dime, that's why I shit on company time motherfucker. Don't even feel bad.

Are we at that point where we're literally playing Revolutionary Mad-libs now? Where entire sociopolitical treatise calling for proactive (if not armed) resistance are literally fill-in-the-blank template sheets? The only thing worse than the docile obedient sheeple are the angry sheeple who believe themselves foxes by being in on some big societal secret, playing the role of Neo in their own personal version of the Matrix - yet always just mindlessly following what someone else on the internet or their collage professor said because it hits all the right psychological and egotistical buttons for their dopamine rush and fleeting inflated sense of purpose.

The populace has had purpose stripped from them and then sold to then at a premium. Are you surprised they are unsatisfied?

Poor OP just wanted to have some fun at work.

You probably want anything turn based OP, or something like Simcity 4 where as long as you're running a positive balance you can just leave it going and keep making money. Or something like Rimworld where you can pause at least.

I really wouldn't recommend doing that kind of stuff depending on what line of work you're in.

Idle games work best.

The populace hasn't had purpose stripped from them. We're inundated constantly with purpose and, to a fair degree, free to create and persue our own purpose - the weight of which several volumes of literature has explored the existential terrors of.

What the populace has been stripped of is passion. Passion is messy, and unpredictable. It upends stable relationships, questions authority, gets people killed, exploits others for it's own gain, offends moral sensibilities and all around creates friction between those in persuit of their passions. That's no good for a commercial society. So passion must be tempered… subdued, to give the illusion of the satisfaction of passion while reaping none of the negative consequences that would otherwise get in the way of stability and commerce.

We're feeding a society of carnivores a diet of soy, to keep them docile. Given toys to simulate the thrill of the hunt - but forbidden (or highly discouraged) from taking part. We're anestatized by media, where we can sandbox our passions and experience them vicariously through entertainment. No wonder people feel hollow and dissatisfied.

Rollercoaster Tycoon if you don't mind not working for the first few hours. mfw the date in the metadata title of the webm isn't far off anymore

What in the hell happened in this fucking thread

I swear it's the same autist derailing left and right and people keep enabling him. I would bet money it's the same torfag from the plane thread and others.

archive.is/n1GYg

did they ever post the ride stats for that?

100 percent orange juice