Backlogs - Not playing anything good?

How's your back logs coming along, gents?

Other urls found in this thread:

olistutorials.wordpress.com/2017/02/25/setting-up-pcem-for-windows-95-games/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You know what's even worse?
When you have a backlog of games that friends and people have gifted to you,but you have no desire to play them,yet you feel like shit for not playing them.
I've got shit i've bought,and then i've got shit that others bought me,holy fuck where do i start.

Playing red alert through OpenRA.
It's going well.

Hey user, how you like that game?
"It's pretty good, thanks man!"

i could never do that,i have a fault of being brutally honest.

beat Alan Wake, American Nightmare, both Transformer Cybertron games, DaS III, and working on DaS II. It isn't going too bad but I really need to beat a few of these more current games before I jump back into the retro stuff which is what I'm really looking forward to.
I still need to get to

and that's it for the other stuff currently installed on my computer I gotta knockout. Ever since I stopped paying attention to new vidya I have to many things to play.

I still need to beat Bloodborne, DSIII DLC, Nioh, Deus Ex Human-whatever, Prey and Witcher 3's dlc

I want to play them all but can't commit to the time. End up just playing instant gratification games that don't require any real time investment beyond a few hours.

>feel terrible i spent all this money on vidya yet didnt touch em which is why i will rarely buu anymore, mostly pirate

True suffering

Trying to finish Nioh Abyss Mode, goddamn floor bosses and upgrading gear is costly and time consuming, then it's off to several RPGs that was just released, well fuck gonna be another busy year.

Protip: They're all shit. Nostalgia glasses will fall apart for old games, you will not get through more than a couple hours at most for most of them and you will come back here to shit on games. They are all shit without exceptions.

I see you didn't have any luck in the sea today, sailor.

I know this is bait but genuinely most old games will fall apart on second visit,very few retain an amazing quality,a fair share if you settle for "okay"

I just finished setting up PCem, now I am going to try a lot of great Win95/98 era games. There are so many lesser known games and a good bunch of them readily available on the Internet. Having a blast with a classic, Screamer 2 right now. But I will definitely try out some other stuff that I downloaded already.

I was playing Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 (my guilty pleasure) and Deathtrap Dungeon before Kingdom Cum released, now I pretty much only play it every night but I plan on going back to those after I'm done with KC.
I'm surprised that Deathtrap Dungeon is actually a pretty long game for the genre, also if it was a bit more known I suppose all the journos would have memed it to be "PC Dark Souls excksdee". My biggest complaints are the typical tank controls and shitty camera symptomatic of early 3D games. Also, it runs at 17 (SEVENTEEN) frames per second.

Yesterday I started Nier Automata, and It's pretty good. Other games in my backlog:

Which should I play next?

I'm going through those essential PC classics that I somehow missed back then: Deus Ex, Thief, Ultima Underworld, System Shock, VtM Bloodlines, and so on. I'm loving how they throw you in a place and, "Don't know where to go? Fuck you, figure it out." Unlike most modern games.

low quality bait, friendo.

Play this to your brain
edgelording aside,witcher 3 or underfaggle,as those are what i have played from those and can heavily recommend,oh and RE7 is nice too.

Rigth now I'm at my workplace, but I promise you a timestamped pic of my backlog

Oh metro 2033 is fantastic too,but i've only played the original and not the remake,so i can't comment on if it's shitty or not,assuming they didn't muck it up,add that to the list.

Funny you say that. I am currently going through Secret of Mana on the SNES and after playing the "remake" the SNES version is an even bigger masterpiece than I remembered. And Holla Forums told me that shitty remasters are useless, heh.

Holy fuck that remake,i only heard a snippet of the music but it was so bad,and they have the balls to charge 40 dollars for it?

Long and untouched like my benis :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Fuck these cynical bastards, imma take you for face value user. After Nier i'd go with some thing different to cleanse your palette. Go for DBZF or Yukuza so you can play minigames.

lackluster second half of the original deus ex?

playing trails in the sky first chapter finally and working through various indie titles I amassed on steam years ago via early humble bundles.
It's pretty amazing that I'd buy the earliest ones for one or two games and I end up with probably 60 some games I haven't touched.

Nigger how was i being cynical

It's completely fucked up and I don't know from what even begin.
I pirated way too much games at once.

I played the original a week before I pirated the remake. The original is flawed, but fun and charming.
The remake is a buggier abortion of the original, and anyone defending it and screeching about "nostalgia critics" is a shill.

take a couple of the more promising ones and slap them on to your desktop and hide others away

Playing through Frozen Synapse and Sonic 3 & Knuckles in Sonic Jam.
Got a lot of backlogged games but nowadays I just completely remove AAA trash rather than forcing myself through it.

make a list, acquire RNG, set it 1-however long your list is, roll.

Metaphysicaly speaking, you know subconsciously those game ain't good so you rather waste time with us then waste time on a game you don't want to play

If it has achievements they can easily tell you haven't played it.

Having been there that isn't the case at all.
The real reason is usually social contact starvation or just not being in the mood of playing the game. The solution to that is to pace yourself and play multiple games instead of going all in on a single one. The only recent games that have been able to keep my attention completely were Witcher 3 and Dragon Quest Builders

Playing Neptunia Action Unleashed. Less than 7 hours in and I already unlocked the final boss after doing all the side quests before it. It is a relief it is so short though.

I'm hesitant to start on games in my backlog that are a part of a series of >2 games though. It sucks but it's such a big commitment.

here, pic related is my backlog minus the 3 games at the left of Nier.
I also play Elite Dangerous to zone out.

ah you're one of those retards that just buys literally everything in a console's library even if it's a total piece of shit.
how tasteless. i wouldnt take advice on what to play from you ever since you obviously have no idea what youre doing and no actual interest in the hobby.

You visit /strek/ don't you. Tjat board is pretty good.

I haven't had a chance to play anything lately due to life in general. I'll probably play my usual stables of games that I never really get tired of, and maybe look over some 16bit era emu classics I missed out originally or revisit again.

I left Yakuza kiwami to a friend and already preordered Y6.

Also, sorry for ID hopping, it's what happens when you abuse wifi

What happened to you user, you used to be cool.

probably became a normalfag. whenever someone starts dating or making friends, their hobbies suffer tremendously. i know a guy who used to be cool as fuck and played castlevania obsessively and as soon as he started dating now all he does is play IGN's top 10. it's vomit inducing. you shouldnt have to make yourself braindead and eat shit just to hang out with someone. i'd never adjust my interests for anyone.

I have a few more

there's plenty of great ps3 and ps4 games there, hipster-chan.

Finally, this is the "I will kill you if you touch any of this" shelf

Not bad for PAL shit

Nice, I've not played that version or original 3DO version but from what I gather there's no major platform differences.

Is that Densha De Go 3? You need a special controller for that.

Just finished F.E.A.R and Extraction Point.
Going to finish Nier Automata, Subnautica and replay Dragons Dogma since I stupidly missed out on Bitterblack.
Also replaying FarCry with better FOV and resolution since the last time I played it was 7 years ago.
Playing Wargame to get my strategy and multiplater fix, I'm also playing Sacrifice starting with Earth, and I'll start playing Freespace too which I missed out on.
Just installed Homeworld Remaster which I will play at some point.
Want to give that new Daytona game which leaked on PC a try too.

Eagerly waiting for MHW, Ni No Kuni 2, Ace Combat 7 and Bonerlord

You CAN use the giant train controller, but it can be played normal. If I recall correctly, up and down for speed, sqare and circle to brake and, I think triangle for the horn (there are sometimes working crews in the tracks, and you gain points if you warn them)

Oh yeah, I'm also finishing a Dark Crusade campaign as Tau.
I've left Total WaWa right at the beginning of a Dwarf campaign.
Will pick it up again at some point.

Strictly speaking it's a purely tactical-level game, for all that the distinction matters.

Have you played original DoW and Winter Assault? They have actual storylined campaigns compared to Dark Crusade and Soulstorm with their campaign maps.

Looks like the PSX version might actually have been the worst of the three.

I can tell from experience that the PSX version looks like ass compared to PC (as if)

That explains quite a bit.

I know, I'm simply stating "strategy" purely as a mean to define it in a genre.
Clausewitz pls go
I finished the campaign of the OG DoW in 2006, never finished Winter Assault, mostly because I don't really enjoy playing the IG faction and the map art design looks too samey due to it's snow theme.

They're good tutorials for an RTS newfag but not much else, I feel like the non storyline campaigns in DC and SS were much better handled, especially the personality they brought onto the Capital/Fortress battles for each faction.
The turn based aspect just needed more depth and variety and those campaigns would be nearly perfect.

The cutscenes in the storyline driven campaign also got pretty tiring.

It's also apparent this faggot moved out to the US considering all the PS4 and PS3 games have US region codes on them.

HELP ME DECIDE
I've got a stupidly long backlog and I wanna decide on a vidya NOW
Persona 1
Trails in the Sky
Neptunia Re;Birth 2
SMT (probably strange journey or nocturne)
FF6
Some other shit
Strongly leaning towards trails, or one of the first 3
Also possibly Fire Emblem 4

Jesus user, it's like ypu don't know what flea markets/cheap ebay is

rolling
1-8 for each individual game
9 reroll
0 you play nothing ever again, faggot

Trails

Then why the fuck do you have an European PS1/PS2 ?
Either that or they're modded, which still makes no sense since it's easier and cheaper to order and ship from inside the US.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together find the IPS English patch and apply it…you fuck

Bro, look again at the PS4 games, all except tumblrtale are european.
But I do have a modded PS2, to play wapanese imports.

Awesome, pretty much done at this point has been for awhile. Now its just replay old games that I loved and or wait for a new game to come out that I can try. I might pirate the GoG version of Kingdom Come and see if it is good at all, will be going in pretty much blind. Might replay through Dragon Quest 1-8 to get through the winter, just had a massive snow dump.

some anons were saying once you hit London or Paris(can't remember where) the game kinda starts becoming mediocre.

I've been going through the Armored Core series starting from the very first one on the PS1. I just finished Silent Line recently and am moving on to Nexus. Not sure what I'll play once I'm done with the series.

I'm a decent ways into Obduction and have a few candidates for what I'll play next. It's mostly titles I didn't get around to last year: Darkwood, Sonic Mania, Ruiner, and Okami HD.

Probably Hong Kong? From Paris onwards it's a very linear sequence of missions with some obvious cut content.

Are they still fun?

Yeah, I think that’s it. I’m sure it’ll still be good but I’ve just loved how open the game feels so it’ll suck to lose that. It’s amazing how no other game has managed to capture that feeling again.

God, I'm such a fucking casual. I dropped Donkey Kong Country at the last world because I got so sick of offscreen bullshit and gimmick levels, I thought the world before it would finally get me to K.Rool. I just don't have the patience to trial and error through this anymore.

You mean the industrial world? Its really not that hard, just be patient.

I'd say that they are. Only real problem, in my opinion, is the lack of analog support for movement unless you emulate and change the controller settings. Some bullshit difficulty here and there with enemies being blatant cheating pieces of shit, but nothing the average person can't handle if they pick the right load-out to deal with it.

No, the mine. I thought "Fuck you Poison Pond (Took me over a half hour to beat when you include grinding lives), fuck you Minecart Madness, fuck you Trick Track Trek, I win"….then it gave me another world and it was a fucking conveyer level where you had to collect fuel tanks. Nah, not doing that nonsense, especially after having to claw and bite my way through everything past World 3 (Don't even get me started on the ice world).

So you aren't good at 2d platformers, play another genre/game then and or just give up like the little bitch u r ha normalfag rekt

Actually, good. I'm pretty near the end of Alan Wake, recently finished up GTA:V and Captain Toad. all of my games are backlog at this point, I don't own a PS4, Xbone, or Switch

I know that feel, user.

Mein niggah.pcp
Super double muh backlog niggah.

LOL

If you played it as a kid, nostalgia can carry a lot of old games a good way. If you can enjoy a game within the context it was released, that can be another decent "apology" method to tolerate otherwise intolerable mechanics. But honestly kusoge and shovel-ware are nothing new to the video game industry and just because it is old doesn't mean it was good.

Make sure to play Fallout 4 on the hardest difficulty with all the "realism" turned on. Much better game that way, imho.

I wanted to like the remake, I really did. I'm overdue to go back to the SNES version again.

FF6.

It's weird, I really enjoyed Super Mario World but it was way too easy (The only levels that were challenging for me were the last few and the final castle, but that's to be expected), so I try DKC and it's way too hard at the midpoint/end.

DKC1 had a bunch of unforgiving levels. Poison Pond never gave me much issue but there's a snow level with a cannon section on the first page that always fucked me as a kid. There's only two or three levels after the fuel platform level you're almost there

DKC2 is much more forgiving with Dixies hair and might I even say, fun to explore the levels. There's only one or two nasty levels too.

Go try and beat world 9 and the Letter world in Lost Levels/Mario 2 Japan. You will then realize how masochistic old Japanese developers really were.

Oh believe me, I know SMB2. At least that game advertised that it was made to fuck you over though.

Fuck.

I'm now doing Rayman Legends on my Nintendo Switch. Thankfully the majority of my backlog is emulated games I got uninterested in, or that randomized open world garbage. Still need to finish:

>Shadow Warrior 2013 (Got for free)

Lol, I beat that game when I was 7 or 8 without breaking a sweat. You should be ashamed. That being said, the last world was a huge letdown in terms of atmosphere and level design. The conveyor levels are also not hard at all, they are just boring as fuck and require you to be patient and aware at the same time. Nothing happens for much of it but you have to be ready all the time. It's so uneventful yet demanding. You should give DKC2 a chance, it's not as difficult despite the darker and more omnipresent atmosphere.

not that user but I feel like in some ways I've gotten worse at video games since I was a kid, like in terms of puzzle-solving
I also feel like my appreciation for the small details in vidya has gone down unfortunately
technically or skill-wise I think I'm better, though that might just be my adult mind being more prepared to handle more complicated shit, like managing bases and hotkeys in an RTS and whatnot.
Still though, I wish there was a way for me to be able to compare how my twitch mechanics were as a kid compared to now, it'd be interesting to see

There's a lot of games that I beat as a kid that I don't know how I did it, I just remember doing it. Guess I've gotten too used to modern stuff. I have no idea how I hit World 8 in SMB3 (I don't remember beating it tho).

I think it has to do with how much you allow yourself to get absorbed by the game. It's much easier as a kid to just get sucked into a fictional world while as an adult you have stronger defenses and generally more shit on your mind that keeps you from relaxing and drifting off into fantasy worlds and actually caring about them.

For every game I play on my backlog I add 2-3 new games that I discovered while playing it. But I don't mind having a pages-long backlog because I have plenty of games to choose from depending on my mood (right now my dungeon crawler kick is fading and strategy is my new craving).

A long backlog is a good problem to have.

Or you just have OCD

I just an average joe who really likes video games.

I miss those really well drawn comics popping up from time to time. I hope the drawfag didn't die and just left imageboards behind or something.

Can't decide between whipping out my PS2(PS1 died years ago) or just playing on the Vita. Mainly deciding between replaying Tales of Destiny II, Raiden Project, or just Darius Burst Chronicle Saviors
Also god damn i need a new camera, this one's been falling apart for awhile now.

PS4

FF7/12 (got them both on PC now)
FO:NV (not really into Fallout but everyone won't stop sperging about it)
Vagrant Story (really liked FFT)
Wild Arms 2nd Ignition (slow to start and didn't catch my interest at first)
Deus Ex Mankind Divided (I didn't hate Human Revolution as much as I expected to)
FTL (need to get back into)

Good to know.

But it's RTT user.
Yeh the Guard campaign was a matter of throwing men into the meat grinder, lore accurate but not fun.

So how is it different from virtualbox/vmware? And did you follow a certain guide for setup?

I've got Nier Automata ready to play since ''*it's DRM got cracked** and I still didn't get around to play it.

Play Nioh
Play Atelier Firis
Finish Snake Pass (only made it to world 3)
Finish Toukiden 2 (quit at age of Yore)
Finish Nier Automata (Quit at 9S part)
Finish Dragons Dogma (made it only to second town)
Finish Dark Souls 2 DLCs
Finish Dude Sex Human Reproduction (drop at last stage)

I tend to drop out of almost all games near the end or at an advanced stage, i don't really know why, difficulty alone isn't enough to keep me going. I need something stronger, i need to feel that the game demands more and more skill instead of grinding harder. Alternatively a thrilling story would help a lot, but since the above games are laughable in that department they are there waiting for my return someday.

I recently finally got playing Witcher 3 and it's kind of neat, but holy shit the combat is generic as shit, it didn't bug me in the beginning but it just gets tiresome so fast, even the highest fucking difficulty just increases the damage enemies put out. The world is also far to large for it's shallow content, it's a shame, the game really has potential with the whole setting around hunting monsters and you can see that a lot of effort went into it with all the little details they've worked in, but the core mechanics are just so lackluster and the game is far too easy even on insane.

I’d like to play it but it crashes every 10 minutes.

I really enjoyed both games, even when the gameplay started getting repetitive the atmosphere and story really held you to the end. American Nightmare is a bit of a sad case as it’s a scrambled together version and ending of what they wanted to do with Alan Wake 2 after Microsoft shut it down.

you are correct, i had a ps4 and a 4k 60 fps rig, everything is shit now, it's like in the age of doing real things, even eating burgers with friends is more funny than a 10vs10 server, shit got real when i got a medical problem, i enjoy more shitposting about games than actually playing them.

pirate an win 10 and play it offline

Working through Thief 2 right now.
Earlier this month I finished off Gothic, and Baldur's Gate before that back in January.
Jagged Alliance 2 is next.

good album

I don't have any crashes with it yet but I only played the beginning 40 minutes or so before deciding to save it for later, partially because I wanted to experience the original NIER before it

Uh, yeah. Did that. Crashes every 10 minutes. How’s a single player game online, anyway?

At least i've got streams to watch instead of actually playing my backlog

My backlog, help me with it:
- FighterZ
- Treasure of the Rudras (started, stopped due shit story and exploitable combat system)
- Terranigma
- Secrets of Evermore
- Secret of Mana / Seiken Densetsu 2
- Sword of Mana ( or Seiken Densetsu )
- 7th Saga, Mystik Arc (started, dropped due to heavy need of guides to forward story)
- Paper Mario Pro Mode
- kingdom hearts 2 FM Critical mode run/ level 1 run
- Super Mario Odyssey
- BOTW
- Skyward Sword (never finished cause game is back home and brother wants to see me play this and 3 heart run of MM)
- Shadowrun, the other campaign not the first one
- Shadowrun for SNES
- the Ys series
- Proejct 04 or whatever that game by Clover for the Gamecube
- Killer 7
- Sonic Mania
- Anti-birth
- Iconoclasts
- Darkest Dungeon (dropped it because my champions died on the first darkest dungeon and they wanted me to grind new ones all the way for the second one, fuck that. gonna just restart as radiance mode and avoid the needless grind. This game is shit in general. It's just busy work)
- Wonder Boy and the Dragon's trap
-Shantae series
- pilgrim's progress by scott thawson

Off the top of my head
-

I guess I'll finish DaS 3.

beat Bloodborne and DaS III
ditch nuDeus Ex and Prey
don't bother with Witcher 3 DLC

Sonic and Wonder Boy sound the easiest/fastest to finish

Recently played and finished:

I actually enjoyed it. It was a fun, casual romp with guns.

How in the fuck was this game hyped up back in the day? One of the worst stories I've ever seen in a video game and the gameplay is just dumbfuck retarded.

Really, really good. Sound design is 10/10, best I've heard since System Shock 2. Dev is a fucking supreme cuckold though. Fired the sound designer for making a joke on Twitter. The story was kinda shit but there were definitely some voice logs that hit me hard. I love the amount of detail they put into the ending sequence. It really felt like a grand farewell. The time capsule is also a neat idea: You can leave behind some stuff that will appear in a time capsule in other people's playthroughs.

10/10, one of the funniest games I've played. Comfy, but knows how and when to throw a curveball that'll make your eyes go wide.

Headache inducing, but enjoyable. The good parts make the bad parts worth it is what I WANT to say but the bad parts are fucking awful.

played the multi on ps4, the online you can recover bodies from other players failures and still their points and quirks only useful to speed up your leveling up, but after level 20 everything is smooth, don't forget to buff your droid

multi … i meant online

Last game on the list is the witcher 3 and I'm not really enjoying it. Honestly I'm having more fun playing gwent than the rest of the game. I stopped caring about the dialogue but it's fucking two presses of the space bar to skip each line of dialogue so it's a pain in the ass just to breeze through it.

stop following me

I slammed out about 10 hours in VRChat because it was mostly social. The biggest problem with the games I play is that they're single player and what I really want is social interaction.

I don't even know who you are.

Huh. I didn’t know that. Almost makes me want to pay for it, but the DRM is still a no. Guess I just won’t play it.

so you didn't post the pat girl on the linux bread

it has lots of ending and lots of fan service and cute girls, if you can get it on half price, or an used ps4 copy, its commendable

Hired!

For what,what are you hiring me for.

Compatibility is more or less the same, with some games working fine and others running like arse. Networking is a bitch to setup, I just couldn't do it.
olistutorials.wordpress.com/2017/02/25/setting-up-pcem-for-windows-95-games/ and this is the guide that I followed, honestly I managed to run Screamer 2 better with nGlide and Gulikoza's DOSBOX build.

That's a very elaborate guide, thanks user. Can't say I'm gonna need networking since most games I'm playing that would need an emulator to begin with are single player.

I'm fairly sure most of those aren't women.

I do, I'm glad you agree