Are there any boss fights you enjoy playing again after you've beaten them?

Are there any boss fights you enjoy playing again after you've beaten them?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=49gLC9yiGOg&t
archive.is/4Tt4e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much any boss fight that isn't garbage, really. Considering you posted Shido from Persona 5, I'll give Senator Armstrong from MGR:R as an example since they're literally the exact same boss fight, just one of them is done in a turn-based RPG format and the other in a spectacle fighter format.
A well-done boss fight makes you instantly want to fucking replay it.

Pic unrelated, huh?

Well, I got one for ya.

75-80% of the monster from monster hunter are each worth dropping hours into grinding.

Not having to do it over and over to get some bullshit rare drop helps. Even if it's a fun fight the first time it gets old when you lose count of how many times you've tried.
t. playing a shitty MMO

guwange's bosses are always fun to replay

Vergil DMC 3
Dark Pit, and the Legendary Weapon from Kid Icarus Uprising

in Pokémon BW 2 you can battle nearly every boss from every main game before it, in a tournament setting so you need to rely on strategy rather than level
one of the most fun parts of any pokémon game hands down

I'd go so far as to say this thing's probably the best boss fight in the entire Battle Network timeline.

Really wasn't expecting that to happen in P5, it was a pleasant surprise. Most og the fights with Organization XIII in KH2FM are fun but Marluxia takes yhe cake even if he is rather easy on anything but low level.

Why are you posting Jho, though?

Going into that fight with no clue about the gimmick was one of my favorite moments.

I loved that fight, its really fun and well designed.
I still don't know about this guys gimmick though with the weird healthbars in his fight and all but I managed to beat him no problem, idk the data fight with him though, probably kicked his ass there too.
Fuck the data version of the guy with the cards though, that final minigame always screws me over. Press triangle to win my ass.

I like jho, its fun to fight and well designed.
Its like as if you dont like getting your shit stomped/eaten in by a giant demon pickle?

I know it's souls, and 3, no less, but the twin demons fight in the ringed city DLC just struck me as really well put together- it was very fun and I spent a good time camping as a white just to replay it, even if it meant I couldn't solo it. The crux of the fight is when you finally kill these two guys and they suddenly turn into one bigger more powerful boss at full health which you need to beat despite being exhausted.
Plenty of crap fights in that game but this one is actually kino.

I don't mind that. He's just so goddamn tanky. He's not nearly as bad as, say, Gravios, but he's still a pain.

TL:DR, the bigger his power level, the stronger his attacks get and the harder it is to dodge them (Like that triple pillar attack he does getting a wider area of effect).

All the fights in that DLC were excellent, but I preferred Gael.

Shido's bossfight was easily the climax of P5, so much so that the dumb twist after it and the actual final boss were total garbage. Shido should have been the endgame boss, his fight on a narrative level and a mechanical level was perfect. The actual final boss is a rehash of what Shido was in the narrative and really made no sense to simply just repeat it in a more literal fashion. Shido already was the "holy grail" of the people; he was running a political campaign whose entire platform was to bring order and safety to the citizens of Japan in the wake of unlawful vigilantes (the Phantom Thieves) and calm the panic of the general public which was caused by the mental shutdowns. People fixated on and supported Shido because they saw him as a savior who would solve all their problems and carry their burden so they could live in ignorance and selfishness. Ironically, the Phantom Thieves also served this same purpose for the general public during the height of their popularity; albeit it was manufactured. Anyway, once you defeat Shido the public has no savior to turn to so they just cook up a god that represents their desire to be controlled and live in ignorance. You then fight this god who apparently just "rigged" most of the events in the game in his favor, and defeating him emancipates humanity from their desire to live and ignorance and not think for themselves. Everyone lives happily ever after, the end.

This just feels really fucking shitty; I was actually invested in the Shido fight. He shit's on the protag in the beginning, he kills a shit ton of people to get his way by manipulating Akechi, he inadvertently kills Akechi (even though he said he'd get rid of him anyway once he''s elected), and he's actively trying to find you and kill you (via Akechi) after you end up escaping police custody. This guy will stop at nothing to get the job done, and although his motivation and backstory are barely given the time of day, his fight feels like a real showdown because he's a well-established and extremely powerful character. I actually lost that bossfight twice, and had to comeback with SP patches and better personas because I kept fucking up the timing on the three-turn Tyrant's almighty attack. His fight is also long as fuck, just when you beat his first three forms, he pulls out another one and then another one. It was pretty tense not knowing if you could make it through due to the sheer marathon that it was. After beating him it really felt like it should have been the end of the game, because there was a real cathartic release of tension after that point.

In comparison, the actual final boss blows dick. They try to ramp up the tension and hype up the fight an a attempt to give me a reason to care, but I just couldn't. The concept of stealing the public's heart (the desire to be controlled), is a neat idea but is poorly executed throughout the game. First of all I fucking hated the way the public, as a character, was portrayed in the game. You run around town and here the same two sound clips of "I LOVE THE PHANTOM THIEVES", get interrupted by cutscenes consisting of dialog boxes between every little plot point about what the public thinks (I don't fucking care), and that poll that sits at the bottom of the screen doesn't do shit but display memes. It would have been one thing if by doing Mementos quests it affected the poll, but it doesn't for whatever reason and it's just a static plot device to have the gang gawk at. The god you fight rigs everything apparently, just like Shido, except there's no real stakes involved and I don't give a shit at this point because Shido already filled the role of final boss in my mind. The fight is scripted, and there's even a dungeon in between the multi-phase fight so it's not even challenging in the least.

Sorry for being autistic, every time P5 is brought up I can't help but talk about how shitty it is. I should probably make some kind of video essay to fully capture everything wrong with this game; because I don't think anyone's done it yet to my knowledge. The gameplay is definitely the best in the series, but the narrative is total dogshit. I'll post a good boss in a bit to keep the thread on-topic.

credo in dmc4 is pretty fun. wish he had more hp though without modding

Jetstream Sam

I really wish this had been true to be me but I had inadvertently discovered that the Reaper is susceptible to dread during the flu season and after easily leveling to 99 because why the wouldn't I the devs gave me this exploit, I finished him with about 2 shots per a phase. I really fucked myself over there but I still think the Reaper exploit shouldn't exist if they don't want me to use it.

Came here to post him, his Nero Angelo form is also pretty fun to fight. Father Balder is another fun one, both in Bayo 1 and 2.

persona 5 crimson will fix it

Seeing this logic always makes me angry. It's like saying "if the devs didn't want me using cheat codes to beat the game, they shouldn't have added them." You're just pushing the blame of your lack of self-control onto the developers. You should have known cheesing your way to max level would have made the rest of the game a cake-walk. That's how it works in most JRPGs.

Furi. Every fight is excellent.

What this user said. After trying to think of good boss fights I'd replay regularly, and coming up with very little, Monster Hunter fits the bill perfectly. I started with Portable3rd and the Gigginox used to kick my ass to the curb. For some reason I had a hard time with his moveset and even tried using a bow to get away from all the flopping around he does. But then after enough practice and getting good, I managed to beat him with a little under a minute left using dual blades; shit was crazy. Same thing happened when I first fought the Deviljho, and when I fought the Barroth in Tri. Very few games give you the same satisfaction that Monster Hunter does.

Never tried it on my playthrough. It might be fun to replay the game like that but idk, it would take a lot of willpower for me to go through the game again.

Doubt it, there's simply to much wrong with the game in my opinion. They could definitely fix a few things though, but they'd have to change the narrative quite a bit to make it good in my eyes.

Any boss fight that is designed well should fit this criteria.

How come these edgemasters don't ever pop up in the horrible character design threads?

Battling against Dio and Vins from 7th Stand User.
This alongside Kamoshida's fight and Madarame's fight. Those three bosses were nice, but the rest was just bullshit.

Highly doubt that they can fix the game. P5 in general is a hot mess that needs more than just a few tuneups. Also, knowing Atlus' track record on re-releasing games, they'll just add in more unnecessary bullshit, and add in another Marie character into the mix. Won't be surprised if they made the girl who testified against you into a confidant

They're total edgemasters but their design is too bland to be called horrible.

oh also
yeah good luck with that, atlus has nintendo-tier copyright policies now

I enjoy playing games as efficiently as possible. I really hate replaying games unless there are multiple distinct routes to different endings. I only want to ever do one play through if possible. To hold myself back from doing the most effecient thing just bugs the hell out of me as the entire time I'm just "why didn't I do the thing since I'm never going to play this again". The options are to play it once, get to enjoy the Reaper exploit, and never touch the game again, or to not do the reaper exploit, and never play the game again. The choice is obvious.

Because those designs aren't overall bad for the character, if anything the hammer might belong in a "poorly designed weapons" thread. If those characters are bad you might as well dump the all the characters from Kingdom Hearts. Oh wait

hooktube.com/watch?v=49gLC9yiGOg&t

comfy af

I haven't slept and am apparently too retarded to think to embed

They barely count as boss fights since they're really easy. But my god does it bring the excitement every time

My niggah

And there's a third choice. It's called choosing to not be an autist. You're to blame for your own bad experience. Don't blame the devs for your own quirks.

I guess I'll give all devs that make their games too easy a slide too. Thanks for the non-argument friend.

Again, do you activate cheat codes by default, just because they're there?

I'll go try that ignore types challenge for pokemon brb

You’re right but don’t talk shit about challenge gamers
Fucking speedrunners give us a bad name

Pretty much all of the XIII fights a damned good since each one either introduces unique mechanics that wouldn't be out of place of another protag's HUD in a different game. All of them either did something different or did something to the stage, with the only straight fight being Xemnas and his forms.

Also Lexaeus's gimmick was that after certain attacks he grew in power and his attacks got more ridiculous depending on his power level. And on top of that his moveset increases, he gets more agressive etc. But if you catch him at the right time and do an action command, you can redirect his power back at him and do an appropriate amount of damage. You can't ever decrease his power, but the more he gets, the better damage his action command does to him.

See I like the concept of challenge gamers but I really hate the silly restrictions. Speedrunning is a good example with how autistic you can get with the run challenge with liberal Any% runs but then you get things like
And there's this feeling of despair
Doesn't help that Speedrunning is being slowly replaced with randomizer autism, this is espcially notable with Pokemon.

For shitters. You're using a crutch and complaining it takes too little effort to balance.

An intended mechanical exploit to make the game easy is still an exploit. You're not playing the game the devs intended most people to play, you're playing the game with an optional handicap.

I don't think you can complain about others' autism when you've admitted to playing video games like a robot.

>Sans (Undertale)
>Muffet (undertale)
Those are the only ones that come to mind, but basically this

Every time you post I think "Hey, it's that guy", which probably isn't the reputation you want.

enjoyed it all three times

user, it's an exploit if it's bugged, if it is bugged, the devs are incompetent for letting it through, if it's intentional, it, by definition, can not be an exploit. If the devs put something in the game and expected you not to use it, that's retarded. If you're trying to convince me that the reaper being able to get dread is a glitch in the code I'll feel free to admit I was wrong and shouldn't have done it. And that the people who made the game were just bad at coding as opposed to game design.

Good shit
I swear that Kaine is the final boss for the last two routes, am I just crazy?

Credo.

Does this count as a boss fight?

SM Ridley is pretty fun. I like that it's just a straight fight, no gimmicks like Draygon or Kraid.
Monsoon is also pretty fun to fight I'd say.

For two of them, but he is the final boss of A and B, so he is a final boss.

Actually you can't GIVE the reaper status conditions.

It's just a separate mechanic where the external weather affects mementos, which leads me to believe it is a dev oversight.

Do you set your personal handicap to the highest amount of stars in Mario Party? Do you only select easy difficulty in a game and never even consider the harder ones? Games aren't made to be played a single way, and they are generally made for multiple kinds of people to enjoy. Not everything in a game is intended for everyone to use. And exploits doesn't just apply to bugs. It also applies to unintended uses of intentional mechanics. Yes, the reaper getting dread was intended, but that doesn't mean the devs expected you to specifically go out of your way to grind it out. They probably thought "if they're autistic enough to do this, they deserve whatever happens as a consequence."
You literally said you never replay games, unless they have significantly branching paths, and you always play them as efficiently as possible. You act like a machine designed to process video games as quickly as possible. You run them through your system and then never touch them again. You're the kind of person who never takes the time to savor a meal. You wear a set of clothes once and never again. Stopping to smell the roses is a concept so foreign to you that you never noticed the roses in the first place.

If my only noticeable trait is writing long-winded posts about a shitty jrpg then I don't think I have to worry about my reputation.

Monsoon's fight is really good especially if you're aiming for no damage. It would be great if you could damage him enough so he'd skip some of the bullshit metal-throwing that breaks up the fight, but I don't know if that's possible.

Assuming it was an oversight, does it only work with dread? It would make sense if all of the weather effects hit him if it were just glossed over.

user, I hate to break this to you, but focusing intensly on one form of stimuli (i.e. one game) without seeking new ones is a symptom of autism, not the opposite.

Here’s what crimson will do.
What I want to happen but probably will not get.

You don't understand how Persona re-release work do you? They will shove more shit into the plot rather then fixing the mess that was created. Let me also remind, Atlus thought the story for Persona 5 was so good, they forbid people from streaming it whatsoever. After the massive backlash this caused, they relented, but only until 7/7. Let me remind,
This is still in effect
If you stream past 7/7 Atlus will file a content ID claim to get your shit taken down. They even have instructions on how to talke about the plot on their website.
Don't believe me? archive.is/4Tt4e

THIS IS HOW PROUD ATLUS IS OF THEIR CLUSTERFUCK OF A PLOT

At least one person has decent taste in this thread I see
It's funny, it's got twin stick shooter shit weebs enjoy, duel sections, reflex-based gameplay, colors and designs that make it easy for any non-retard to figure out where shit is in the mess of bullets (which SHMUPS don't do for shit in many cases,) all the designs of the characters are shit most folks on Holla Forums eat up,
fuck I know a chap who loved his Automata to death and I pointed him at this and ultimately what it came down to is it wasn't an anime ugu robot waifu he could jerk to but he wouldn't admit it.
Then there's all the fags here who claim to hate artificial difficulty, love boss fights, difficulty etc. then bitch about the game before they can even beat it once, let alone in Furier mode
GOTY 2016 hands down. DANGER actually plays his better tunes from the OST live and people go apeshit

I think you missed the part of my post where I said. “This is what I want but will probably not get.”

Weird thread, there's lots of wonderful boss fights in the right genres. Stop playing shit games, OP?

Good lord that MHW one is terrible. It manages to be both too simple and Nomura-tier overdone.

The biggest changes i've notices was the change in eyecolor which creeps me out, its head is less flat and the weird texture on its belly gone. Other than that deviljho was always a simple looking monster and do you consider monsers being in HD and still pretty damn cool "Nomura-tier"? I wouldnt mind that then.

it has 10 claws on each foot user. It looks way overdone and makes no sense

How come you want to deconstruct everything and break shit you don't like down into "edgemasters" without actually knowing the meaning of your own shit tier cuckchan lingo? Are you jewish perhaps? Would you be happier if every video game character had a vagina or was some kind of faggoty fucking nigger? I'll stab you in the eye.

literally what?
oh now I get it…you're a fucking faggot.

Ooooh you're talking about Odogaron not deviljho.
I agree. Its double claws do look retarded.
At least it doesnt have a double mouth.

well of course what other one would he be talking about deviljho isn't in world. for another 3 months because capcom is lazy as shit

Most boss fights where you are fighting someone with same abilities as you

One thing Dark Souls II made right was the creation of the bonfire ascetic:
It is an item that you use on a bonfire so enemies get buffed, and the boss resurrects as a buffed version too.

That way you can fight against a boss repeatedly, and it's more dangerous.

Always fun.

The reworked dialogue might happen, but the rest probably won’t.

Are all monster hunter monsters the same, or just those 4? They all look like down syndrome T-Rex every time someone posts…

Fighting this fresh newborn is the best

That's likely going to happen, but it doesn't really fix the problems in the game.

NICE DIGITS BUT I ALSO WANT TO CONSORT WITH THAT CREATURE

I just like the characters, the music, the gameplay and the environments. Feels like there was missed potential.

Pretty much. Though I do feel that the third part of the game made some of the characters (Ryuji, Morgana, and Makoto) overbearing. The game really needs an overhaul.

I always really liked the Darknut fights in Zelda TP and WW, but moreso the TP ones. Hell, I even went back into that one dungeon just to fight it again but I was so disappointed when I found out that he doesn't respawn. I found Darknuts really fun and I felt like I got some semblance of challenge from the combat.

But user, it looks distinctly male!

Which means he's a faggot.

I fucking love MonHun's design aesthetic, which is basically "Take a dinosaur or beast and make it exceptional". The monsters have actual personality, too. Fucking Kut-ku is a bigass chicken without feathers that thinks it's a goddamn dragon, it's so uncoordinated and clumsy it ends up pratfalling into you half the time but remains dangerous. Glavenus is FIRE!T-rex, and is made of anger from top to bottom. Great Maccao is basically a lizard kangaroo. MonHun is just so fun, in that it's both very serious and simultaneously silly.

Sophia in final fantasy 14 on extreme mode.
Everything about it felt good, the music, the voiceacting, the atmosphere the mechanics and the visuals.
I liked it so much that I would run it over and over even though I already had all the loot I wanted from it

KH2.5FM's end game boss fights are really fun to do over and over again. Because there is always a bunch of tiny things you can do to increase the pace of the fight. My first time killing the Lingering Will, it was a five minute long fight. After beating him a few more times, I shortened it to a minute and 30 seconds.

Basically every boss in MGR.

Hell, most Platinum games have kickass boss fights.

No, monsters from mon hun are fairly varied once the 3rd gen came out. He just posted two of a class that resemble tyrannosaurus.

fucking good taste

The final boss of any game that doesn't autosave after I beat the boss so I can watch the ending again