No doom thread

Can I get rid of the slow movement speed in SST? you can talk about brutal doom but only if you admit to being a homosexual

Other urls found in this thread:

doomworld.com/forum/topic/91854-v14a-doom-64-retribution/
drive.google.com/open?id=1qlrUaiLZWADqQQQBVeLzSroqZVftfBTo
oldergeeks.com/downloads/download.php?id=1710
github.com/samboy/Oblige
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=50254
dropbox.com/s/qjaol7p5f32j8oz/AnimeCharClass.7z?dl=0
chocolate-doom.org/wiki/index.php/GUS
youtube.com/watch?v=in47brl_ofE
youtube.com/watch?v=Si4mwusdsuY
youtube.com/watch?v=vkCg4IlSdko
youtube.com/watch?v=Agrf0UKLEYs
doom.wikia.com/wiki/Daisy
acolumbinesite.com/eric/doom.php
files.catbox.moe/eu050b.wad
dropbox.com/sh/fd4bu64t90wy1ro/AADn4r100J_7zns8S5-_a6WBa?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=ttWwB9QHI_o
youtube.com/watch?v=7g6t1fKRG1E
doom2.net/doom2/lmps/rockisland/G0-LMPS.ZIP
gitgud.io/moon-men/moonman-doom
doomwiki.org/wiki/Demo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You had enough fun playing with dad's games, user. Now go get something worthwhile out of your generation, before it goes down in history as the cesspool of videogaming.

You're trying too hard.

Satan confirms. Your penance is to watch this video from start to end.

Dog I love doom, its so based.

I agree fellow anonymous poster posting in a basket weaving board. Boy I just have the game for you, since you are a retro doom shooter fan might I suggest you to play the new doom game instead? It is heavily inspired from this retro shooter and those fine folks over Bethesda took notes and made it even greater!

2nd video

Recently played through doom and doom 2 for the first time in years. They still hold up great. Is doom 64 worth playing? What are the best 3 megawads i should try out? The game scratches an itch modern shooters dont and i prefer the simpler gameplay to duke

I only have the old halfchan version of the chart. I remember Ancient Aliens being cool.
I've still been meaning to play it, myself. I remember it being a lot more different from Doom I/II than I expected.

I guess you're right, since you're here.

lucky you, you can play brutal doom 64 by seargeant mark IV. Doom 64 the way the creators always intended it.

Speaking of Bethesda, is there any Elder Scrolls wad? Or any open world + dungeon crawling + NPC interaction + inventory management mod. That would be the greatest wad ever.

The biggest difference is how the game is fucking unseeable. It's so dark that when it was played at SDGQ '15 they had to turn off half the lights in the room so the runner could see the screen.

doom64ex is just fine.

True, but that's a fan port. You're able to dick around with the brightness and contrast settings there. I'm talking about the N64 original.

It's a very good port, only problem is the game was made for controllers so its too easy.

is Plutonia Experiment good? I didnt like TNT

Guess this mediocre thread is the designated Doom thread. At least beef up the OP mods.

All I can say is try it for yourself. It's hard, and at times it's unfair and leans waaay too heavily on the chaingunners and revenants especially with traps.

It was 6am, i don't know what i was thinking

All doom maps are shit tbh.

One of the original Doomgods chiming in here. Stop LARPing just to shit on our game.

Here's v7, but I'm pretty sure there's a v8 somewhere that I seem to have misplaced.

Go babysit your wife's son, Romero.

He wasn't a Doomgod you dumb fucklet. You don't even know who the very first one was. Go to bed.

At least post the most recent infograph that is out there.

That shouldn't be too different from playing the original Dooms with keyboard only. Also Doom 64: Retribution is also a not-so-shabby port that also includes the Absolution and Outcast levels as extra episodes. Not as extremely accurate as 64ex, but good enough for what it is.
doomworld.com/forum/topic/91854-v14a-doom-64-retribution/

Hey there it is (v8). Thanks, user.

Played it when it came out and it's what we called the real Doom 3 when the actual Doom 3 was released. Different than 1 & 2 in some ways for better or worse depending on your opinion. I like it enough to recommend the Doom64 EX port.

So are there any mods like Final Doomer out there that modifies how the weapons play while still being balanced for normal Doom gameplay?

There was a doom thread about who was on the cover, but it kinda vanished out of the blue.

I tried MSX, thought it was great except it felt like I always had more then plenty of ammo making it a bit easy. Is that just an issue with the mapset (was using Saturn X) or is there some way I could tweak ammo pickup myself?

I assume both marines are just two LAN players playing a co-op game. What I want to know is what the hell kind of gun the back marine is holding.

Any sourcemod that combines the speed of doom with the mobility of Titanfall 2?

I would think Doom wallrunning would be tough since it's all 2D and it requires a lot of tricks as is.

So a parkour mod for Doom? The closest I could find is this.

Well not only parkour but sliding as well, Titanfall 2 is just an FPS Vanquish

Good shit. In fact I've never played the JPCP maps as of yet, they're really good. Leave it to the nips to make a great megawad

Doom 64 retribution is legit. 64EX was good and all but I missed a lot of the GZDoom options.

Brutal Doom 64 and the Brutal Doom v21 Beta both have purist modes that keep the gameplay as close to vanilla as possible, but keep some of the core functions of Brutal Doom. I personally prefer it to vanilla because everything feels snappier (weapon switching in particular feels great) and the reduction of hitscan enemies makes getting sniped from across the map feel less cheap.

Sure I'm a fag. Whatever.

I know I'm a dumbass for asking this, but where in the everloving fuck are the deathmatch servers? I've tried Zandronum and Doom Explorer and I can't find shit. It's mountains of "survival" and Megaman deathmatch servers but there isn't jack shit in the way of vanilla. Where the fuck do you assholes find these servers?

efnet IRC

I don't I just host my own Search for Holla Forumsideo games. Sometimes I put on weapon mods like SST and eonweapons but not the kind of faggotry you're talking about. It's vanilla on Dwango maps at the moment.

The worst thing about those survival servers is that the mods that it includes have randomized enemies that instantly kill you if you look at them funny (Complex LCA being a prime example), so you spend far more time waiting to play the game than actually playing it.

this is very good and worth playing

Version 1 was alright. Mostly just Doom 64: gore mod edition. Now he's trying to "improve" the game. Eventually he'll add one liners and edgy kill animations.

Closest thing to what you're looking for. Still WIP.

Project MSX is about the closest thing I can think of at the moment; it's an older mod, and I'm not sure if it's still working in current GZD, though. You have a slightly lower standard movement speed, but you have the ability to sprint around at a much faster speed by expending an energy gauge, which is a bit like Vanquish's powerslide.

If you'd like to play an early WIP version of it, here.
drive.google.com/open?id=1qlrUaiLZWADqQQQBVeLzSroqZVftfBTo

It's suuuuper early WIP, mind, so balance is nonexistent and there's quite a lot of stuff that isn't replaced or doesn't work well, but there you are. Feel free to jump around to your heart's content.
- Hold alt-fire with the starting weapon to charge up a rocketjump. Works even in mid-air, though obviously less effectively.
- You can doublejump.
- Hit Sprint + Direction to dash in a direction, works even in mid-air.
- While in mid-air, hit Use against a wall to grab it. Lets go when you let go of Use or hit jump.
- When you're juuuuust missing a ledge with a jump, you'll mantle up to it automatically.

That you, Term? Is running horizontally along walls something you are planning, or have any interest in doing? This mod is already looking pretty awesome.

Shut up Sergeant_Mark_IV you ain't shit

Have interest in doing, yes, but I have no clue how I'd actually do it, especially with all of the little variations in wall angles that happens in maps.
If I can somehow figure it out, it would be glorious and I would love to have it, though. Hell, the view-tilt is already easily feasible.

This came out and it's fantastic,but nobody is fucking playing it online,can we organizer a server night?

I'm fucking dying.

Bump for setting up that gamenight.

What game mode are we going to do if that server is set up? Usual deathmatch, co-op, or any of the new modes?

shit I forgot to remove that flag

Does anyone know how to get 7.70? The site is down.

This should be it
oldergeeks.com/downloads/download.php?id=1710
Be warned as version 7 doesn't have all the features that version 6 has like 3d floors and such.

Why would you still play DOOM when Quake has better level design, better physics, better enemies, better weapons and better controls?

I ran it for a bit on my server for the last thread, but not many people showed up. There's already another gamenight scheduled this weekend, and i want to play it but I could at least leave QCDE running on my server if you want. It's on vanilla atm but I can change it back.

You can't press buttons in Quake.

I forgot that a git mirror for oblige also exists
github.com/samboy/Oblige

It's an abstract kind of hell.

Thanks alot, user

Where you born with an extra chromosome or something?

you do realise doom came out in december 1993, and games typically weren't available worldwide until years after released
anons who discovered doom in 1996-1998 at the age of 10 are barely pushing 30 today
that's not "muh dad retrogames" unless you're a spic and think 14 years old is the standard for motherhood

The OBLIGE sourceforge site is back up, but the forums are now inactive. Are there any notable addons or modifications to OBLIGE out there, because vanilla OBLIGE can get a bit repetitive after a while, and I couldn't find anything similar to the caliber of video related as example.

It certainly "muh dad retrogames" for newfags born in 2000.

It was definitely a ruse.

which fucking super sekrit club did you crawl out of faggot

thanks for bumping the thread I guess

what game is the closest we're ever going to get to an actual doom sequel, and why is it Dusk?

How is the Doom remixing scene, and does anyone here use such music when they're actually playing? I suspect most just use vanilla, or have random stuff in their music player.

This music sounds really nice, what soundfont?

Quake isn't anime enough for me

Aside from QuakeWorld mods like Threewave CTF, and Clan Arena there are just way more mods for Doom. Much more active modding community as well.

For example, Threewave CTF for Quake1 was so good and popular they just ported it to Quake2 with the same maps and runes. It was worse though because of the Q2 hyperlagger and railshit.

I mostly play vanilla, but there's been a whole bunch of really fantastic music from different sections of the community. There's even entire projects dedicated to giving midi OSTs to games/iwads/mapsets that didn't have them originally.
I've got wads with different sets of music nicked from popular wads, too, BTSX musicwads and Ancient Aliens musicwads.

Fuck off shill

Posting died, welcome back.

No idea I didn't make it. It's from some guy named Lorcán who mostly does atmospheric remixes (inappropriately for some of the Evilution music though like MAP01). But yeah there's not much for Evilution, and MAP06 actually happens to be my favourite official level, and has my favourite music on top of that.

I did come across this compilation which seems to be a decent starting point.

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=50254

Yeah some megawads include cool stuff. Also have to laugh at some of the old ones that use MIDI versions of mainstream music. Egregious example of that would be Serenity/Eternity/Infinity.

Neptunia Doom when?

I thought Painkiller filled that role quite well. Mostly thanks to the awesome level design. Dusk is okay from what I've seen but it brings Quake to mind more readily than it does Doom, I think.

Oh god this upgrade is fantastic.

I didn't really like Painkiller's arena-based system, where it kept locking you in small areas and spawning a bunch of enemies you had to kill to proceed. I prefer the more free-roaming approach of Doom.

I remember people talking about this strange mod that had fully 3D anime girl models in it, that seemed to be lost forever. Well I found it on my old dead hard drive, and uploaded it if anyone's interested. It also has a very early test for a Stalker mod in there, for some reason.

dropbox.com/s/qjaol7p5f32j8oz/AnimeCharClass.7z?dl=0

Posting the funniest Doom wad I've played in a long time.

It looks like it would be stupid and boring but trust me when I say it's not boring.

Yo moonman mod guy

Are you helping out with Ion Maiden?

Het.

I have questions. 1) why are you meme spacing? 2) why are you lurking Holla Forums? 3) you are liberator?

I found it weird at first that I couldn't aim up or down but I just found how to toggle it on.
Someone cares to explain how smart/aim assistance works here and overall recommended settings?

Autoaim moves your shots up to the highest or down to the lowest enemy. It was originally a substitute for aiming, but seeing as how you have freelook enabled, you should disable autoaim.

If you have a zdoom sourceport and want to modify how far aim assist works, then go to player setup in the options menu. It's best to disable autoaim when you have freelook enabled.

oh shit, that's good to know

Glorious.

I'm on a toaster that struggles with any remotely flashy mod (think slideshow if I use half the weapons in Russian Overkill) but why the hell are the 3D models showing up as moth-eaten for me?

You really are new. If you want to see how Doom played originally, try Chocolate Doom. There's no luxuries like jumping, or aiming up/down, and it even limits the internal resolution to "blocky" just like it used to be. You could also emulate the original in DOSBox if you want to see other facets of that era.

Maybe you are playing the mod through ZDoom and not GZDoom(in OpenGL/Hardware mode)?

No it's GZDoom and a recent enough build for ouch_m to work. Also found it happens with normal sprites too but it's mostly gone unnoticed because it really shows on bright backdrops. When I say toaster it's OpenGL 2.1 max, and probably at serious risk of being dropped in future.

Does something like this happen with the other games? It might be a hardware issue.

There's not many I can think to try. Minetest seems fine for example, as does GZDoom with software rendering. It's odd for only applying to in-game sprites and partly see-through textures. Decals show correctly as does the weapon I'm holding. I don't get it.

Isn't Romero the worst example of a b-rate Hollywood TMZ celeb tho?

DOSBox with GUS patches.

DOSBox with Sound Blaster would probably be more typical even though it sucks, but that's only if you want to experience the "joys" of setting it up like you had to back in the day, because otherwise GZDoom and Chocolate Doom support both in addition to the standard softsynths.

romero is a worthless spic that accomplished nothing of value on anything

What about older GZDoom builds? Did you try a newer devbuild than the one you used?

I keep checking Chocolate. No GUS emulation yet. Which by defacto means DOSBox is better for classic.

What ChocoDoom version are you using? Because the one I use(2.3.0), does have GUS emulation.

3.2.0 has same issue it's not just from the Git build.

It should be. That said I couldn't get it to work it insisted on using Fluidsynth. Worked in GZDoom though.

chocolate-doom.org/wiki/index.php/GUS

Also DOSBox offers a few other advantages over Chocolate Doom, mostly for reproducing behaviour dependent on MS-DOS. It does demand some familiarity with that platform though like any old computing system, and I don't really agree that GUS is the way to go since that's not how most people experienced the game (even though yes, the OPL2 sounds like crap).

In terms of reproducing vanilla gameplay, Chocolate is generally fine.

I just checked on 3.2.0 and the most recent devbuild as well and I'm not having this issue either.
My machine supports the newer OpenGLs, though, so it might be the OpenGL legacy support starting to crumble.
Either that or you've been cursed.

He's shit user. All of them are shit until they can pacifist run the maps that have for decades been regarded as impossible to pacifist run.

Doom's dead, dude. Doom's dead. DM servers are gone. There might be some retarded super private shit on some inferior port that added voice chat but made widescreen a "stretch" implementation but overall it's dead. Co-op is dead, replaced with shit gay 1-life survival with retarded gameplay mods. Competitive non-co-op is all MMDM and the TTT knock-off Whodunit. Even the biggest mod that used to regularly have 30+ players on at all times, All Out War, is dead. It's depressing.
I'll tell you this: the death of the community correlates EXACTLY to when tumblrtale got huge, the skeleton memes started intermingling with the doom community, and the doom community went full socjus cultmarx faggot. Grandvoid, a server host, seems to be gone forever now, thankfully, but actually started actively banning players for saying "nigger".

If Doom's dead, then why is it still alive? MP is the only thing that's not quite alive.

help I'm retarded

And here's the thing: it's fucking piss easy to host a server on Zandybam. It's practically automatic. You could open up TSPG, create an account, and host a server free of charge. Why is deathmatch dead then? Because of singleplayer-only faggots coming in and taking over somehow.

As far as I know it only runs Doom and Doom II without sound.

i see.

When will it just fucking die already?

All Out War gamenight fucking when

Never ever. Doom multiplayer is dead. I honestly hope singleplayer comes with it soon. There's literally zero reasons for making a new doom level in this day and age: all of the good ones have already been made, multiple times in fact.

If it's dead then why people are still playing it? It'll be dead when no one will play it.

Fuck off.

He's Italian, I'd give him more leeway if he'd done anything significant after Ion Storm.

Doom gamenights have been very successful, with even some of the big names in modding showing up sometimes. Even some ruskie streamer started hosting a doom server, with team zdwars. It was for his viewers only, but 12 people still showed up. It was a 6v6 clusterfuck. The revitalisation of doom multiplayer is up to you.

Cyberdemon531 holds the following world records on UV Max:

- Doom 2 in 1:29:48
youtube.com/watch?v=in47brl_ofE

- Final Doom: TNT in 3:29:47
youtube.com/watch?v=Si4mwusdsuY

- Final Doom: Plutonia in 2:19:14
youtube.com/watch?v=vkCg4IlSdko

- Doom: Memento Mori in 3:31:04
youtube.com/watch?v=Agrf0UKLEYs

She is thus, arguably, the best Doom UV Max runner in the world currently ; definitely at the very least one of the best.

Zero Master holds the counterpart world records in the UV Speed category as far as I know.

Where's the tits AND vagoo then?

No one is playing it though. Refer back to my screencap of the doomseeker serverlist. It's all complex doom coop and survival, mixed with MM8BDM and flavours of the month like QCDE. It's dead, Jim.

Game nights don't do shit to revive games user. It's a brief period where a few people who don't play the game come in and fuck around for an hour or two and then call it quits.

You're doing this on purpose, you ultimate faggot. You have some Hell To Pay, and your soul shall be sent through Perdition's Gate.

get a gpd xd and you can use dtouch or whatever

Except they are playing, you dumb nig. Call me when actually no one will be playing MP(this includes coop, survival, MM8BDM and others).

Truly the Doom community is a bunch of tranny manchildren.

It's not doom user, it doesn't even resemble doom.

Who gives a shit about speedrunning autism? Isn't there a different thread you can post this in?

Are you seriously implying Undertale of all games is what caused Doom's online to drop off in popularity? I'd argue it was more because most server owners were complete fucking faggots and people got sick of dealing with them.

It's not Doom only if it's MM8BDM or any other total conversion.

Doom gamenights are real fuckin' fun.
Next one when?

Are you actually implying the mindless grind, the utter stupidity that is complex doom survival has anything whatsoever in common with doom outside of sharing the engine, graphics, and levels? Have you ever played that god-forsaken trash?

I hope it'll come soon. I also hope that people will actually play Doom outside of gamenights

Apparently so. And I remember playing a long time ago. I didn't find it interesting.

It's a huge clusterfuck of noise and particle effects. It's not fun, and it's not doom. Coop in doom was shit to begin with, but it's made even shittier when you have a lives system. And shittier when you have enemies that instantly kill you if you're so much as in the same room as them. Let it die user, it's beyond salvation.

Why do you care?

The breasts are pretty obvious if you look at her latest videos, the rest I don't know, but again why would you care.

It's a Doom thread is it not?

Because the one who you call "she" may actually be a "he".

He was so insecure about his wad that he was watching the chat logs just to see if anyone was talking shit.

Exactly, so why are you talking about some faggoty fucking speedrunner?

because, spoiler alert, speedrunning together with map modding (the two being often closely linked together) are probably the only reason a game from the early 1990's like Doom still even has such an active community.

Oh, but, no, let's talk about Undertale, because that obviously has a bigger connection to Doom, am I right?

Oh fuck, if at least 30 people show up that could be fun. So long as it isn't some retarded version and doesn't end up being "$200 ssg class dominates fucking everything because nobody knows balance" again. That mod was fucking fun before it got jewed.

It's a significant factor. Y/ou cite server owners being niggers as if that's a separate issue. It's all connected. The cultural zeitgeist all comes from a single source. Tumblrtale and SKELLINGTON MEMES XDXDXDXDXX AGITATE+D SKELETONS XDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXD were a catalyst.

Quads confirm you're a tranny loving faggot and probably cyberdemon himself.

Who are you referring to?

You, you faggot. Every doom thread as of late has that one user who says Doom is dead because tumblrtale killed it without any hint of proof.

It's because of that LCA addon in every Complex server that adds in the one-shot enemies. Even the creator of the Complex hated those kinds of addons that he made the latest version of Complex incompatible with LCA, which is why those servers use an outdated version of Complex. Here is my experiences with Complex Doom Survival every time I join one of those servers
You spend more time waiting to play than playing the game. Setting the game mode to co-op would've made it a bit more bearable, but every Complex server has been survival for some reason, and I have yet to see a deathmatch server involving Complex.

You know, that's right. There's never been a complex deathmatch server before, has there? Let's change that, and see how it plays when you're actually playing Doom.

Complex Deathmatch on Doomseeker.
Using the meme map pack, dwango5.wad, because most people know the layouts.

Are we using the Complex version all the servers are using or the most recent version that ruins compatibility with all the meme-addons?

I think the latter, don't know. Don't have the addons on the server. So either way, it's not as shit.

Brutal Doom.
Not homosexual.

Doom mods might as well be redone in Minecraft, for better graphics and response.

Kinda wish it could be done in Halo:CE's graphical set. Or even just Half Life's.

then they could have a kid themselves at age ten if they knocked up someone at 18/19. Derp

Alright, the server is up. Just search complex dwango on Doomseeker and it should appear.

Uh, user, I think you misunderstood. I already hosted the server.

He's one of those people that says "I'm 1/4 Cherokee" or whatever and isn't lying.

What shithole were you from that didn't have doom for sale?

back to reddit with you

Not even reddit is this retarded. This is pure cuckchan cancer.

Just thought I'd give final doomer and btsx a go for a change. The btsx set of weapons you can use feels kinda awkward. They each have their uses, but they don't feel fun to use sometimes. Really can't explain the feeling. Almost like it's a chore to just keep blasting ammo into an enemy before it dies using them.

Show us the supposed proof that you strangely omit every time you bring that up.

What's up with the Brutal Doom hate?

Among the "Doom"GAY Community: Mark is an asshole who told some attention-seeking teenager to kill himself.
Among "Doom Afficionados"GAYS: The mod isn't fun.

Sgt_Faggot_IV also stole all the assets from the forums and didn't credit any of the creators. He's basically the Wydwyrd (Ys translation thief/profiteer) of the Doom mod scene. Most people that have had the displeasure of seeing him post think he's Eric Cartman incarnate.

the doom forumites hate him for being offensive 24/7, for constant bitching and for stealing assets from other modders

the rest hate him because the mod is populated by retards that demand everything should work with BD and because the mod isn't that big of a deal… and for the spoiler from before.

Pretty sure Romero must have told a lot of worse things in his days.

Except this was before the internet, but both he and the rest of his studio strike as that kind of crowd.

Is it wrong that I like Blood more than Doom? They're both great, I just think Blood is greater-er.

I personally like the over-the-top gore, but don't get why they felt they had to add mechanics like reloading or the assault rifle complete with iron sights. I'm a huge sucker for the minigun though, and if only because god knows there are not enough rapid-fire weapons that instantly turn all enemies into bullet sponges.

Well, shit. Didn't even know about that.

I heard you can play Brutal Doom with "classic" weapons but I don't know how that would affect the enemies. I like to play mostly vanilla. Reloading just feels way too out of place in Doom.

Let's talk about the game that was supposed to be even better than Doom.

jj

There are several made for that exact purpose, like ketchup.

Not really. The decorate for BD's plasma rifle called the burning-properties of the plasma as niggerfying or some shit too. Mark is an okay guy, but his mod is shit.

There's that too, but it doesn't really matter in my opinion. Assets get used and reused all the time in Doom modding.

There's universal gibs, nashgore and ketchup. I personally use the first, but I don't like how hard it hits on performance when you gib more than a few enemies.

Oh, I forgot to ask how Demonsteele is. I keep hearing about it.

Funny how MarkIV sperged on Twitter on how the Project Brutality devs "stole" assets from his latest build of Brutal Doom when the latest build of Brutal Doom took ideas from Project Brutality (SMG, Auto shotgun, and alternate monsters for example).

So, to sum it up, this person :

Seems like a lot of hate for not much.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing tbh

It's actually not that bad if you're playing it with the latest patch. Just be sure not to play with sidekicks, because even with all the improvements they still tend to fuck their own shit up.

Huh. Didn't realize Ketchup was a thing. Glad it is. Thanks.

Was GG the only political thing you ever looked at?

99.99999% OF DOOM MODS WITH CUSTOM CONTENT STEAL ASSETS FROM OTHER DOS SHOOTERS IT'S NOT SUDDENLY BAD WHEN SOMEONE THAT ISN'T A FUCKING COMPANY MADE THE ORIGINAL FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
You niggerfaggots are the reason the "doom 3 in doom 2" mod got shoah'd for OY VEY REUSING DOOM 3 ASSETS and screeching about doom 2 mods using doom 1 music/levels and vice-versa while stealing shit from games like Duke and ROTT for custom content. Fucking hypocrite niggerfaggots.

All right, let's play a game :

What premier Doom mod am I?

If you play it,don't forget to combine it with demonsteele.

Oh hi mark

just like
kill yourself my man

cyberdemon or his close associates post on Holla Forums. the leak of klaige's disagreement to Holla Forums almost immediately fell into that disgusting tranny's hands so he has to hang around here.

give proper credit where credit is due. That's what makes a good mod scene thrive. That also promotes reciprocity.

If I talk about Johnny Doom, will that make me a trap?

Sgt_Mark_IV is a br, though. That's enough reason for scorn.

It's pretty fun. Be careful though, it sometimes doesn't work well with certain wads. For example, Deus Vult II is kind of wonky with it.
Sage for doublepost.

Demonsteele is great, but it has a pretty big focus on mobility/melee combat and you don't get and have too much ammo, so be warned if you enjoy map makers who get it in their heads that ammo conservation. From what I remember it was playtested with Scythe II, so that's probably a good megawad to start with. Cyriak's Going Down has a pretty big thing about using berserk packs so that's also an option, and it has some pretty nice arenas at the end. Certain gameplay modifier mods like brutal doom activates a hidden modifier that releases HFS, so be warned.

that ammo conservation should be in doom

Great video documentary on early Doom 'net party'/lan scene and highly relevant to the Deathmatch discussion from before.

Based on the recommendations, these are mods I'll be looking forward to play :

- Brutal Doom (which I'm pretty sure is going to be my favorite)
- Project Brutality (if not Brutal Doom, then this, really liking what I'm seeing, but doesn't have the classic feel of Brutal Doom somehow)
- Stronghold (I like the concept)
- The Ultimate Torment & Torture (supposed to be very atmospheric, which is my jam basically)
- Unloved (same, I find the SH4 influence interesting, but unsure about how polished the execution will be)

Sunlust looks interesting as do Deus Vult 2 and Reelism.

So, yeah, thanks again for the impetus.

Why would it make you mentally ill?

friendly reminder that playing through the singleplayer campaign in co-op mode skips all the awful amazing cutscenes and allows quick respawning without reloading the map, and you don't actually need another person for co-op you can play through alone just fine.

I recommend GMOTA if you want your DOOM game to play like Ghosts n' Goblins. It can be a little messy if you play it in Hexen however. Speaking of Hexen, there are gameplay mods for that like Wrath of Cronos and Hexercise. One person combined aspects of the two mods into one, but that hasn't had an update in a few years.

He acts like a fag, the mod's a sloppy piece of shit, and project brutality is better in every conceivable way.

Okay, since I'm obviously retarded, I can't get Ketchup to work properly. Keep getting an error. The fuck is going on?

That's well known 0.l (Lima) thing that was there for a while. This is a mistake on sgtmk4's part, which was ignored for a long time by both sgtmk4 and GZDoom. The former waited until a big update to brutaldoom to fix it, the latter just assumed it was 0 %%as far as I remember%% until one of the updates made it more strict with checking values.
Open your ketchupv5.pk3 in Slade/RAR/ZIP, find decorate.blood.txt and replace all instances of "0.l" with "0.1" in there. Alternatively look up for fixed version on Brutal Doom's moddb.

Would anyone be interested in a weekly multiplayer event?

So I just updated to the newest version of GZDoom, and I've discovered that it makes the text on the automap really fucking small. I can't find a way to change it. Is there a way to change it?

I miss playing Alien Vendetta without a care in the world.

No way, you magnificent bastard!

I'd try to join in on that, if my schedule permits. It probably will, I have few friends and no money

I'm thinking either thursday, friday, or saturday.

Friday or Saturday would be better for me

Options > Hud Options > Scaling Options > Fullscreen HUD
Don't know why it's tied to fullscreen instead of its own thing but, you know, whatever.

Thanks. And yeah, that doesn't make sense.

doom.wikia.com/wiki/Daisy

Will Doomguy ever be in time to save his rabbit?

Funny. Badkho isn't even a Doomgod(ess), and learned how to deathmatch from NoSkill, Chunkk, Fragmare, PvP, RiX, and me.

If you want to see the original Doomgod in action look up LMP demos of matches with NoSkill. RIP buddy we miss you.

I'm down for that. Just some good ol' regular Deathmatch would be solid for me.

Dubs checked.

OCBloodfag here. Imagine a world where the biggest thing in consoles is Nintendo and WSIWYG programs on the PC, then along comes a demon blastfest in 3D. The game format is open. Content pours in on this crazy thing called an FTP server on the budding Internet where only the nerdiest have an email address and Web 1.0 is still fresh. Netplay is added, but only if you setup IPX drivers and physically connect your computers. The LAN party is born. (((Silverman))) writes the Build engine. You are presented a blank slate to make a 3D game your way. Wut do? You cramp the zealoty of Doom zealots together for 16 hour days to make Blood before interest wanes and the tech changes. It was new, it was fun, it was hard, it tried your skill and tested your character. Glad you enjoyed the result.

Speaking of Blood, what do people think of Blood GDX? I know it's still technically not a proper source port but I'm having a blast with it as it looks and runs much-better than Dosbox and the gameplay feels identical.

If you put the MancerX2, MancerX3, Dweller1, Dweller2, and DWANGO5 wads on rotation I'm down for oldschool deathmatch. Not sure what the state of servers are, but since all of those maps are designed for 4 players maximum it might be nice to have something with a lobby and multiple servers/wads going at the same time…

>(((Silverman)))
Ken doesn't deserve that treatment. He was a fucking legendary programmer, and should be up there with the greats. It's a damn shame he isn't as well known as Carmack.

Regular as in without mods, or regular as in not overly disconnected from classic doom? There are a couple smaller mods that I'd like to try in multiplayer.

I'm bored and thinking of making custom HUDs, however I don't really know how viable they are, given how popular weapon sets are, which often come with their own HUDs.

There are just too many things that we learned to exploit that were "fixed" in most of the source ports. Yes I know some of them tried to re-implement some of those "bugs", but I can tell the difference in a not good way.

I'd only play point release Doom/Doom2 with wads designed for them. also I forgot to type MancerX in that list above, pretty much all the Mancer maps are great for 1-4 players

I'd say reasonably-vanilla, though some fun stuff like custom skins and sfx would be alright.

How about making huds for mods that don't have huds?

I'll see if I can disable freelook, jumping and crouching. There's still some gameplay mods that I may try out. Two in particular: Yes Shotguns, which replaces the pistol, chaingun, shotgun and SSG with varying degrees of shotgun, and No Shotguns, which replaces the shotgun and SSG with machine guns and buffs the chaingun. I'm wondering if these would be fine.

There'll be skins for sure.

I think mouselook would be fine too, though jumping and ducking is a bit out-there for vanilla maps, but if there were any that were designed with them in-mind then they should be fine too.

Use doomwiki.org instead because wikia went sour and caused an exodus of sorts. See also: zeldawiki, mariowiki, others. There's a long list.

Certainly a top-tier engine is nothing without a solid game around it. Doom 3 and Rage are pretty definitive on that, or hell, any crap game based on Unity/Unreal Engine. Still, it's OK to marvel at works of art in programming.

OK I'm gonna need an explanation on this. Is everyone somehow making the same typo?

Name of this mod please?

La Tailor Girl.

More liberal madness? Also checked

That was fast.
Thank you.

Ah, I see this is the dark souls of first person shooters.
:^)

anyone have a link to a mega with all the wads? I just realized I don’t have them on my computer.

Gave Heretical Doom a go, it's kind of cool in how some of it works, and I'm basically wired to enjoy weapons like the phoenix rod's primary fire. Same deal with the portable Obelisk in Russian Overkill. Also found that dynamic lights trigger that funny bug on my system very badly.

Right now I'm nostalgia tripping on trinity.wad and will eventually be playing random maps from my TotDG CD. In particular there's one map set I'll be looking for that was for Doom 2 and spanned most of the game. The weird quirk I remember was most of the maps being max brightness but from memory they were reasonably fun maps too. Might also be fun to track down some of my old WADs.

Site-wide changes to Web 2.0 type cancer pissed people off. Exacerbating that is that wikis cannot be taken down which is why you have the Wikia and the independent one competing for attention, and of course Google prioritizes Wikia in searches over basically any of the exodus ones. Touhouwiki was another one I'm pretty sure.

Which begs the question, there is Doom in Dark Souls but no Dark Souls in Doom.

According to Romero, he's Cherokee, he's Mexican, he's Italian, etc. He's whatever minority he can figure out to tack on there to sound even more ethnic because he thinks it makes him immune to criticism.

Here's one for you… Romero claims he had "no responsibility" for the "Romero's gonna make you his bitch!" ad, but one of the quit messages for Daikatana is "Suck it down!" which was also in the bitch ad. Guy is phonier than Pamela Anderson's tits.

Romero totally signed off on that ad, probably even came up with the idea entirely on his own.

Oh wow. Pretty legendary post.

This is NoSkill vs EvilGenius 1995 lmp.

It's the only video showcasing NoSkill that I was able to find during a summary Youtube search.

I kept thinking while watching that I would not want to be the other guy. The level of skill is pretty impressive even as someone who was not a Doom player (but played at a fairly high level in another FPS game). He basically knows the spawn points, the best intersections to cover both locations, the best ones with health nearby. Very cool stuff. Thank you!

"I got to know Chris (NoSkill) pretty well. Played a lot of moDoom with him back in the day, I slowly got better and better with him as an opponent and actually beat him a few rare times. We talked on the phone a fair bit too. Was a really nice guy.

Something that may not be known about him is his favorite song was the Final Fantasy prelude song. Looks like its sometimes called Crystal Theme, its the one with the harp. He was so into that song he mailed me a Yamaha midi daughter board that plugged onto the soundblaster card to make sure I heard the song in its full glory."

I wonder if any of the wads from those two shooters are still floating around somewhere,would be neat to check out,for histories sake.

Does anyone know if there's collection of every custom doom map all packed neatly into a singular zip file? I wanna play custom maps but can't be bothered to manually download some.

That would require an entire 1tb hard drive and then some.

On Badkho's site it says Map 1 and according to the Doom wiki that was one the maps he was known for.

Again, I'm not a Doom player, but isn't that a vanilla Deathmatch map?

Also, this gif is original content. It's one of my favorite moments in the match.

Other dude should have just ended it at this point (as in quit the server, but kudos to him for not doing so).

I know they made more then one wad,or at least the one guy did.

What the hell are you doing son?! WebM!

Yeah you'll want to grab the LMP files and they play them back with actual Doom2.exe

Aye, oldschool deathmatch is a dying art. The speed, accuracy, and creativity still seems unmatched to me these days. When we moved on to Quake and became Quakegods most of us thought Chunkk and Thresh were the originals.

He was such a cool dude he would actually split the longdistance calls with me when we played. One other thing I should mention is that pretty much ALL of us started Doom with a gamepad or just keyboard. NoSkill was the first to pioneer the keyb + mouse. That's basically what earned him the original Doomgod title. You lose 50 to 1 to someone doing 360, 720, 1080 spins while doing a drive-by double-barrel shotgun to the back of your head and you go "I should switch to keyb + mouse!"

Assuming you're talking about Columbine shooters, here's a link that has some wads: acolumbinesite.com/eric/doom.php

Oh nice,yeah those are the groovy cats im talking about.

Would be worth it. I've played some of top 100s but they all feel so different than vanilla doom.

This is a good thread: Doom really was more than the sum of its parts.

Honestly, the three great Build Engine games were much better than Doom. Doom was easier to make new content for though, both in terms of mapping and modding. So it's no surprise it had and still has the most active community.

Realistically, all books are better than the alphabet. Yet you will never have books sans the alphabet, and grading books is completely subjective.

This is a Doom thread. You're free to make a Blood thread, or a Duke3D thread, or a Shadow Warrior thread. They have been made before, and they typically die fast for reasons.

I don't see why you can't discuss those in here,they easily bleed over a lot,so don't shame them if anything.

They won't loop nicely when I open them up on my computer.

Yeah, it's such a different universe and I'm older than the average here, but you're the generation before me.

I was reading up and the whole environment of actually meeting up people to play for lan's, keeping in touch via telephone (what!) and competing at a very high-level before e-sports as we know is just plain intriguing/fascinating.

From everything that I could gather NoSkill was the best Doom DM player of his generation and yet very little remains of or is written about him.

Not to take this in a controversial direction, but if so-called video game journalists were doing their job they would interview you and the rest of your community and leave the feminist shenanigans (that are important) for a minute and do a really nice New Yorker-style investigative piece on you guys.

Also, I feel that Badkho's situation as one of the few woman (the only one?) is pretty interesting and offers a nice contrast with today's discourse on inclusion and diversity. It would be interesting to know what her experience were from that point of view.

My post was about Doom. The very abstracted maps in contrast to the higher fidelity but also more realistic maps of Build Engine games are a big part of the reason the Doom mapping scene became so popular I think.

Get that stick out of your ass, and stop being such a goddamn defensive fanboy. Doom threads have served as general classic fps threads for the longest time. If someone wants to compare Doom and other fps games of the time, they can.

Hey it's tangental, relax.

That said I think you're overthinking things. Doom was much more popular, marked a major improvement in video game tech for the PC while Duke 3D was sort of incremental (next major one would be Quake), and by the time Duke 3D came out, Doom had already gotten a wealth of modding tools. Doom also made the momentous decision to release source code much earlier, the modern modding scene is proof of how fruitful that was but even the older ones opened up a whole raft of extra cool stuff. When I did mapping it was fun to use the 3D floor and FraggleScript stuff in Doom Legacy.

Holy shit. The STALKER one is pretty cool too. Here's the one I did around the end of last year: files.catbox.moe/eu050b.wad
"map anuuuuuu" in console. try to find the hidden gondola sprite

I'll stick it on my server and try it out eventually. Last Doom gamenight we swapped between several different mods.

I was thinking of hosting Ace of Spades this weekend but my Doom server (which we used for both of the /radcorp/ gamenights, "Holla Forumsideo games" on wadseeker) is up 24/7 and I could do it any time. I'll probably leave it on vanilla for a while and swap out the map packs every now and then. I idled on the server just yesterday and got a bunch of randoms playing.

Some of the DWANGO maps are good for up to around 12ish players.

what

This times a thousand. The Doom community really is it's own cancer that tends to destroy itself. I've seen way too many good projects go to the wayside because of it. This was a prime example of a project I was looking forwards to back in the day.

Not exactly the best menu system, that chat wheel is neat though.

That mod looks like hot dogshit.

Tell me, how did the community cause it to go down? This doesn't even look like much to be honest, what's so special about it?

bumpu

I've got 'em uploaded on Dropbox.
dropbox.com/sh/fd4bu64t90wy1ro/AADn4r100J_7zns8S5-_a6WBa?dl=0

Awesome, internet just dropped but I’ll download them as soon as it comes back. Thanks!

This isn't like the holohoax or WW2 in general you nigger, there aren't heavily documented event logs. It's a cultural zeitgeist you'd know if you fucking saw it and paid attention instead of jerking it to furry porn of the doom monsters.

and got em, double thanks. Now it's time to track down the mods in

I always manage to forget how great DOOM is and then I start it up and am instantly dropped back into pure unadulterated fun. It’s bizarre how well this game has aged.

I'm really getting into the history of Doom, so I'll post some interesting videos and maybe that will compel older gamers to say something.

"This a SNES Doom deathmatch played over the XBAND modem. There were actually no sound effects during play other than the background music (I assume they did it to decrease lag), so the audio is supposed to be that way."

Next one is :

"Doom 2 1996 Tournament! Sslasher vs Galiu 1"

Sslasher was part of the same circle or at least generation of players as NoSkill.

He's another Doom-God apparently.

Galiu was also part of that community.

As for XBAND it's the thing between the cartbridge and the console.

Basically, it's PlaystationNetwork c. 1995.

I did find this a few months ago, which has some fascinating commentary. Interesting how MAP01 is so thoroughly studied.

Yeah, it has been posted before, it's really good and what got me interested in the topic basically.

So far we have :

- BahdKo vs. Galiu (Jan 1997)
- NoSkill vs EvilGenius 1995
- Sslasher vs Galiu 1996
- DM played over XBAND on the SNES

I'm currently looking for more.

More :

"Doom 2 1996 Tournament! Ronbob vs Sslasher 1"

I think the only way we could go more nostalgiafag is to post VHS recordings of ourselves playing Doom II on release on Christmas morning in our PJs while our moms hang up our new Pearl Jam posters.

Doom 2 1996 Tournament! Ronbob vs Sslasher 2
youtube.com/watch?v=ttWwB9QHI_o

Doom 2 1996 Tournament! Sslasher vs Galiu 2
youtube.com/watch?v=7g6t1fKRG1E

Haha, yeah. Let me give this a try.

Neither of them were in our Doomgods efnet IRC channel (#deathmatch). Also 1996 is when most of us moved on to the beta and actual full release of Quake.

Every time I try to load the STALKER mod it keeps saying "Cannot find map ssp1."

Type "listmaps" in the console and it'll show you the available maps, then "map [mapname]" to load the map you want. I think it was smp01.

Thank you for correcting me.

I base everything on BahdKo's site.

Of Sslasher she says "He was surprisingly young for being a Doom-God of this skill level" and further "he played a lot of modem doom with some of the west coast and central-US based doomgods."

That and the fact that he's part of her players' description list page made me feel like he belonged to your group.

Same for Galiu.

So, who were regulars on #deathmatch? And which players were widely considered doomgods then?

To be specific this is her description of Galiu: "To the best of my knowledge, Galiu gained his advanced skills under Sslasher and Burnout until he began his skill peak, which I estimate as beginning between Fall and Winter of 1996. During this time, it appears that Galiu began to at least match Sslasher's Map1 game, if not exceed it in certain instances (Galiu for example won 1st place against Sslasher in the Map1 tournament at DMcon2, which was in early September, 1996)."

Finally getting around to playing Doom 3 and it honestly isn’t too bad, it’s a lot faster than I was led to believe. I’d say my biggest gripe is that some of the weapons just don’t have the animations to feel terribly powerful.

I’m enjoying my time with it quite a bit at the moment. Are there any good mods I should grab for the BFG version after I finish or is it one of those games that didn’t get much of a modding scene?

why

Because it was the easiest one to find on free GOG. Why not?

It's made to be easier, the extra campaign is bad, and it has no modding support, which means it can't even use mods for the original Doom 3. I'm pretty sure it's also inferior, graphics-wise, but it's been a while sense I've read up on everything bad about it.

NoSkill, Fragmare, PvP, ground0, zokum, RiX, Chunkk

Oddly enough Badkho has some irc logs, but it looks like she didn't start logging until basically the end of the Doom glory days (she has a lot from October 96 to September 97). When I have a some free time I'll skim through to see who I missed.

ah, gotcha. Didn't know that was the case. I'm installing regular DOOM 3 now. So are there any worthwhile mods for that one?

*I just took a quick peek at the first log and I see right off the bat I forgot Deth and RJ.

*also I just remembered PvP and RiX came to one of our LAN parties up here in Minneapolis (mid-late 90s). it was at my friend / co-workers place so I can ask him if he remembers anyone else

*ctrl-f for the win! I make my first appearance in Badkho's June 1-7 along with like half my Quake clan, and we get into a stupid argument with Metal about him being wrong that Quake was bad for 1v1

More Doom nostalgia.

in order :

- Doom shareware version (as found in retail?)
- Presumably the end screen reached when playing said shareware version through
- Doom floppy disk
- Doom over network

Thank you, thank you! This is amazing.

I never really got into Doom 3 modding, aside from a few weapon mods, so I wouldn't really know. I do know there's a fan-made Hexen game demo, but I can't remember if it has to be loaded as a mod, or if it's standalone. Also, if you really can't stand the flashlight being separate from the guns, there's a mod for that.

Here's a link someone was kind enough to archive of a bunch of my matches:

doom2.net/doom2/lmps/rockisland/G0-LMPS.ZIP

fuck me most of those LMPs aren't playing properly for me (using my oldass installs from the Quake Shareware CD) in DOSBox. i would guess by the dates that they should work with v1.9 but most of them are screwed (pretty sure i have all the extra WADs we played too). meh.

too cool.

What's the latest version of the moonman mod? I found a link for 1.3.1 but it's from 2016 so I'm guessing it's not up to date.

gitgud.io/moon-men/moonman-doom

ok so the text file in there was somewhat correct i found one was played on DWANGO5, one was on MancerX, some are vanilla MAP01. it fucking sucks the LMP format didn't save any data about the PWAD (at least from what I can tell so far)

Vanilla demos are limited. They keep track of a couple of essential facts about the game mode (level, skill setting, number of players, etc), but the recorded info is limited to in-game actions by the player(s). Old versions of the game don't even track things like -fast and -respawn. Additionally, recording any demo lowers the player's turning resolution (how finely they are able to) why they did this is inexplicable.

doomwiki.org/wiki/Demo

Doesn't iodoom3 support mods? Whatever I'm not a fan of the flashlight change either even though people thought poorly of the original for its darkness.

Sam Hyde for moonman mod when?

At the bare minimum I would need player sprites for this goy, I could just clone one of the other classes and rename it as "Sam Hyde" buts its pretty lazy.

If I knew the first thing about coding I'd do it myself. But I would probably try getting in contact with him to record some lines and that would make things take even longer

(checked)
If you know a bit about audio editing and have some free time you could just scavenge his videos and nigger rig a few lines and that should do the trick I guess. Audacity can open webm and mp4 files but obviously it will only use the audio stream of it.

There are some lines im not sure he ever said, like "The weak should fear the strong". The bagel video would be a goldmine for health pickup lines. Asking if it's gook food and such

Considering that Sam Hyde is - no memes now - starting a video game studio, I'm sure he would be very happy to be in contact with you.

Actually, I'm almost 100% sure in some of his videos he literally said in one of stream-of-consciousness moments where he was trying to come with ideas "a doom mod where you the sprites are black men" and when I later discovered your mod I could not help but think of that.

Some of the videos you really want to have a look at :

- Sam Hyde stand-up, Top Ten Prison (re-up from Dailymotion),

"aight nigga time to choose, we gone do this the easy way or we gone do this the hard way" (my favorite) This basically should happen when the character first spawns imo

"time to choose up little nigga"

- Sam Hyde stand-up [YOU MIGHT BE mIKE bROWN IF…]

This one was such a nuclear bomb, he was stopped after 1 min.

- pizza threats

"the monkey learned a trick"

"destroy you, piece by piece" (lmao, a true classic) /

"humble yourself before a god"

- Let's Play Screengames for Hours (Adult 30 year old college-

"coldblooded ruthless killer"

You also definitely clip out his laugh. It's classic too @ 1:45

"looks like it's time for round 2"

"just like i like"

"i'm your god"

- HW_024 - Doom 2016 Review - YouTube.mp4

"they didn't know i was about to glory kill their asses"

etc. etc.

just watch his oeuvre on youtube . com

Oh yeah I remember the unofficial 1.91 hex patch to fix that. None of my LMPs were recorded with that, though. I think it's a matter of me spending some time figuring out which PWADs they were recorded on. For the life of me I can't remember what the favorites were besides what I've already listed… (the one thing the LMP editors do that is somewhat helpful is tell me which episode and mission, but so far my cursory examination of mine all look like E1M1. I'm really hoping my "broken" LMPs weren't recorded on the deathmatch WAD I made because I have yet to find that one in any of the internet archives). For now I think it's mostly a matter of testing the popular maps and playing back the demos until I find the match.

If anyone has some ideas I know I am forgetting the name of a DWANGO-like megawad that was fairly popular; some of my LMPs might be for that. I will also check Badkho's IRC logs, and the LMP archive to see if there are any hints in there.

"The peaceful herb makes them keel each otha."

I'm going to recant this statement as I've had some time to parse through some more of Badkho's `1996 era IRC logs. I DO remember Galiu, but as a different nickname on IRC… That was Nathalie!

Thinking about It, he could say "What's going on big guy?" on seeing a cyberdemon or something like that.

>>>/suicide/