Leftist Reading on Israel and Zionism

Hey, Holla Forums, I'm interested in reading articles and books that discuss the leftist perspective on Israel and Zionism. I'm not interested in N*zbol or Str*sserist literature.

I'm mainly interested in solutions for the problem of Israel and Palestine. I find that most leftists are pro-Palestine, but I don't often hear much about their solution to the problem of the Jews that now live in Israel.

I'm also interested in historical articles and context.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dPxv4Aff3IA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One secular state solution.
Total right of return.
Hang Bibi in the center of Jerusalem.

i thought return to 1967 boarders is what everyone wants?

Read Chomsky and Pappe's Gaza in Crisis and On Palestine.

I feel like a one-state solution could potentially result in Palestinians being taken advantage of. It seems that their national authority is not as strong as Israel's, and with sufficient political maneuvering, it seems like the Israelis could easily become the dominant force in national politics in this unified country.

Hmm all of a sudden internationalists who wish to destroy all states are talking about a one or two state solution hmm what a cohencidence.

Did you know Trotsky died a Zionist?

Really makes you think.

The Palestinian population isn't insignificant, especially if the right of return was introduced.

Our position doesn't change at all. Ideally this is the case, but in the context of the current political system we're devising a solution. So feck off m8.

The whole reason the Israeli government works so vehemently against a one state solution is because ethnically Jews would be a minority if Palestine were to get integrated into Israel.

I understand that, but I feel that Israel's strong military and political organization could potentially result in further apartheid with complete political control if the two populations are not on relatively equal footing during unification.

Destroying the state of Israel without destroying all the states around it would only result in a second Holocaust. Leftists want a worldwide communist revolution in which all states are abolished, but pragmatically speaking the unification of Palestine and Israel would be a right step in the right direction.

Whoops, meant to link to this:

Not to the Nazi shitposter.

I don't think so. Israelis don't really discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, the discrimination mostly pops up in the context of border disputes. The Arab party is the third biggest party in Israel I think, something that is very progressive when compared to Western states in which minorities are heavily underrepresented in the governments, for example Germany.

Yeah but what happens in a generation or two when all the jews/arabs intermix?

Perhaps among secular Jews in Israel, but as someone who was raised a religious Jew in America, I find it incredibly hard to believe that much mixture will go on between the two groups. Even when separated from a Jewish majority, it was heavily discouraged for us to marry outside of the religion and ethnicity. It was always expected for us to marry a Jew and raise our children Jewishly.

So, even if some mixture does occur, conservative and reactionary wings of Jewish Israel will still have strong organizations like Likud and the Rabbinate that purposefully discriminate against Arabs.

I suspect that all Arabs who wish to marry into Jewish families will be expected to convert as well, a contentious topic considering that Islam and Judaism are somewhat opposed in their scripture.

The mixture is going on already, which is why the conservative groups you are mentioning are in a constant state of panic – unification with Palestine will only accelerate this process. You should visit Israel sometime, it is an incredibly diverse place.

I mean I was raised Muslim Arab and my first three girlfriends were Jews despite whatever my parents wanted/thought. It's just kind of inevitable, kids are gonna mingle.

pic related

I took a gap year in Israel and was absolutely shocked by the state of militancy that seemed to be the norm among Jews in Israel.

But, I'm not exactly formally educated on this either. Could either of you provide any sort of statistics about intermarrying and breeding between Muslims and Jews in Israel?

The presence of these groups does not necessarily imply that their equal.

*they're

How do I marry a Jewish girl I too wish to enslave the goyim

Well to marry any girl you're gonna have to lose the 'tism, and I'm not sure I can help you with that

bumping with some unrelated lit.

This is because it's the ghost of cold war politics: people oppose Israel because it's a Western liberal democracy and they still have the mindset that anything remotely Western must be opposed just because. This is the primary ideological reasoning from most leftists who consider themselves anti-Israel, everything else follows from it.

Of course this is anti-semitic, in structure if not explicitly. Israel is usually given a special consideration not given to, say, every other state in the region: dead arabs only count when someone can blame The Jews.

The general "left" outlook is that the Jews can live there still, but they have to give everything to the Arabs, who then will decide what happens. Evidently this is a completely stupid idea because we don't need another tinpot dictatorship or theocracy fucking things up even further, and it's doubly stupid because it doesn't take into consideration that the vast majority of Israeli Jews aren't ones that "now live in Israel" they're actually Middle Eastern, or have at least one Middle Eastern parent or grandparent, they're actually from there, they're not Europeans. You rarely see a "right of return for Palestinians" demand put alongside "right of return and/or compensation for Middle Eastern Jews fucked over by various former Ottoman empire countries" so.

tl;dr the leftist view on Israel is usually spooked, based on knee-jerk hatred for "the west" or whatever, and is often racist in character .

Israel isn't a democracy until Palestinians can vote and emergency measures stop being abused by the Likud for political power.

Arab Israelis can vote, and they do. Should Mexicans be allowed to vote in US elections?

Zionist checklist:

[x] Racist piece of shit.

[x] No concern for reciprocation

[x] vile victim mentality, you are not the victim of the ottoman empire or other imagined, historical wrong-doings you disgusting turd.

[x] questioning israel = antisemitism! Everyone is racist but the people living on stolen land and characterizing the survival of palestine as 'racist' against jews!

[x] Lying about what people want, I'm surprised you didn't add the oft-debunking "we will push all the jews into the sea" bullshit produced by israeli propaganda.

Cherry on top, mexico is totally the same thing as people living on their own land, who have been utterly robbed and butchered, and now live within the borders of Israel and directly under occupation by Israel.

kys you digusting piece of shit. You're worse than a nazi.

spooky

hi Holla Forums

Texas is Mexico though.

7/10 content, reddit/10 presentation unfuck your line feeds mang

ITT borderless global communism for the goyim, apartheid ethnostate for the chosenites!

Goy vey

jfc

it will be funny seeing jews kvetch

pretty sure the USSR opposed Zionism, as does any decent leftist

The only leftists that oppose Zionism that aren't regressive, reactionary scum that need to be put against a wall are those that oppose all nationalism as a matter of course. Most leftists do not fit into this category, though.

checking in right here

If you put it that way it seems like the goyim have it better.

YPG defending Israel, how surprising

Bump with an interesting video for those of you who believe that no racism exists in Israel, really.

youtube.com/watch?v=dPxv4Aff3IA

Pic related

Holla Forums infiltrators are easy to spot.

There is hope for the future.

Racism exists in almost every society, who would say there's no racism in Israel?

Did you know that Trotsky died as an atheist, and refused communism during his zionist teen years?