Meta Thread - Faggot OP Edition

Fuck my ass hurts.
For a long time now, we've been dealing with improper moderation that has a lazy attitude. While I believe a lack of moderation is sometimes the best course to running Holla Forums, when problems that require actual clarification or moderation arise, we simply can't rely on the status quo.

This month, Mark didn't even have the time to make a proper sudo thread, instead answering a few small questions of little relevance, giving half answers at best, and then immediately leaving with the board on bump lock. If the board owner can't be reached in over a month for a board as large as Holla Forums, what point is there for that person to continue owning it? It's as if since GG, we've forgotten why we came to Holla Forums in the first place. Many users on Holla Forums already see fit to ignore the principals this site promises us, and are complacent with the status quo. Don't act like you haven't seen it, there's a serious issue going around. Cancers on the foundation. What happened to the environment we had when we migrated during the exodus? What happened to the quality of posting, when we simply didn't flame every topic for existing, and when we could deal with shit threads in our own way?

I'm starting up a new board, over at /hotfix/. All good Holla Forums names are taken. "OH wow that's never been done before, It'll surely work this time". I don't expect it to. But maybe some serious meta discussion about the current state of Holla Forums will come out of it. This thread will be INEVITABLY deleted and buried by the mods.
I won't make grandiose claims about being impartial, or perfect. I can't claim to have the best taste in vidya, the best waifu, or the best sense of humor. What I will promise is I'm more available than Mark.

Feel free to discuss how large of a faggot I am, or about suggestions for how things should be run. Ask yourselves this: If I don't do this, who will? Shilling for a new board makes me feel physically sick, and if this one can be fixed by ALL FUCKING MEANS I sure hope it is. This Holla Forums was never perfect from the start- and we joked about it, but we never tried to fix it.

I give it maybe an hour till i'm banned for trying to spark conversation about the current state of Holla Forums

Remember, if you don't like this thread, you can just hide it.
inb4 literally every canned shitpost ever

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/claim.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cyclical meta threads
Ban 4AM
Stop hiding anchored thread icons
Ban all cuckchanners

Did I miss anything?

Sometimes I report blatant shitposters but because the moderation doesn't seem to like the threads their derails and shitposts stay up. Like the Fallout 3 thread that I made not too long ago.

nigger kill yourself

Hey, Mark, can I make the request that you turn on the auto-flags for April 1st?

Also, could you see about having it so that links to Youtube videos filter to "Please use Hooktube", like the "Please use archive.is" filter you have for sites such as IGN? Embeds are okay, but a hooktube link should be provided.

Mark and vols act largely on invisible guidelines. I can barely bully anons anymore because people who step out of line or post non-kosher content get deleted a lot more often now. If they delete this thread it'll be them breaking their own rules.
what a shit name lol, just claim a board

This issue shouldn't exist, I don't get how Mark can be so fierce against transparency and convenience.

Or simply add a wordfilter from "hooktube.com" to "youtube.com"

He simply doesn't care what we want.

This never happens, which just confirms you're a faggot trying to d&c.

Blatant shitposting, like would be deleted, with warnings, but not outright immediately banned

I'd definitely do that on my board, I don't see a point in not.

Not being transparent is unacceptable. If I ever fuck up, I want to be called on it and publicly shamed. There shouldn't be weaseling out of responsibility.

I've never made an effort to change things before, and have regrettably been less and less active on here since the quality declined. I've reached a breaking point.

I wanna talk about lego island. Did anyone ever catch Nick Brick? i still feel like a fool for delivering him that pizza; where did he run off to??!! fuck!

I'll also do this, if any are available

yeah there's some good names like /v2/, /vidya/ and /vid/
8ch.net/claim.html

You know damn well that the board claims email inbox hasn't been checked in over two years now.

OP just do what /animu/ did if you want your own video games board to get users, pretending to care about the quality of this board will just make anons look at you like some sneaky shit.

How did Tewi take over and ruin /loli/ then?

Only /vidya/ is acceptable.

I'll put in a claim, however if it doesn't work I'm open to board names that aren't claimed.

Coming across in a way that makes everyone trust you on a chan isn't easy, some group is always going to have an issue with what you say. I'm only ever gonna tell the truth, what you chose to believe is up to you.

I'm going to try for it

I claimed mine long ago, didn't work at first, the trick at least back then was to not send a request with an empty body, write something nice like "woah hey I want to make a video game board, I like video games and think I'd make a good board owner".

How to fix this board:
This is fucking obvious, you need to know what the rules are in order to abide by them. If mods just ban what they don't like, then this throws the entire board into a state of chaos. Not only that, more comprehensive guidelines will allow watchdogs to better report on moderator abuse.
You don't want just any fag to be a mod. You want someone who can demonstrate that they are willing to uphold the law as dictated by the rules. You want to be able to weed out faggots who want to powertrip from the get go

That's pretty much it. Aside from this, there's nothing else that needs to be done. The problem is that the above is easier said than done.

You also know damn well that's not how it works.
Claims hasn't been checked since the April Fool's Day "hack" last year.

I don't know. I'll send a request and report back later.

Good luck running a political board disguised as a video games board. Oh and make sure to not hire human garbage like sjws, furries, power thirsty autists, etc. because they certainly try to get hired.

Completely agree, I can't understand how moderation got the way it is. Asking for professionalism on here is near ridiculous sounding, but needed desperately. It's not hard to moderate properly, and a simple list of rules SHOULD be all that's required to guide moderation in an acceptable direction. I'd want to have them understand that failure to follow the rules set for themselves, will be unacceptable. Failure would mean immediate removal from the team.

I'm not sure how I'd vet a furry, if they kept it secret, but anyone abusing moderation power will be immediately removed. I'm not trying to create a hugbox where I give out second chances, I want a working moderation team on a working video game board. Politics belong on Holla Forums

That's only true if your users want that to be true. Anything these days sparks a political discussion.

Speaking from experience, drop this notion that moderating is easy before you try to run a board.

I'm not saying they'd be deleted. GG was politics, but gaming related. As long as it pertains to video games, even by a long stretch, I'll allow it. Good moderation, is minimal and clear moderation.

I miss ban messages. People would get banned and bullied by other Anons for their behavior.

Running a board isn't easy, nor would I pick myself as first choice. I don't want the position. I don't care for a name, or power. I want to talk about video games without issues. Do I see anyone fixing things, however? With a real, heartfelt effort? What I can promise is schedules, and an honest attempt at being impartial in my decisions. Worst case it doesn't work out.
Moderation on the other hand, should be an easy TOPIC. Some small things are clearly disputed, but the large concepts of what makes a good board are black and white.
Don't misunderstand me.

Ban messages are wonderful. At the risk of sounding like a pandering faggot, I'd love to see them return for transparency, or on my board.

Would you ban cuckchan? Wojack posters and the like?

Here's the thing about that, lots of times I see people called "cuckchanners" and the like, but actually discerning if they post there is another thing. I despise anyone who stayed at 4chan during the exodus, who knew what was happening and chose to stay. I'm not however, going to start witch hunts for halfchanners based on lose, flimsy evidence. The rules will be black and white.

They're cuckchanners you faggot. Good job confirming

Witch hunt

It was halfchan before 'cuck' saturated the vocabulary of every meme spouting retard here.

And the only people I've seen who still use that are cuckchanners themselves pretending to fit in.

Most of the time they fucking admit to being cuckchanners outright, that should be an immediate fucking ban

I'll agree, the halfchan hysteria, paranoia and witch hunt mentality here can get out of hand and disrupt discussion.

If someone says, in their own post, "I use 4chan" or some variant, I'll outright ban em publicly. I don't know what they expect.

I try not to overuse words, it takes the meaning right out of them. Cuck became a "catch all" insult, right up with fag. But look what happened to fag, it lost most of it's weight. Cool it.

One of the biggest things that stifles a lot of serious posters. Even if someone uses the site, I can't stop them from coming to post here. And if they're posting in a non-disruptive way, attempting to weed them out is just as bad as if they actually are using 4chan still. This is just one example of the massive amount of derailing and sheer cancerous behavior I've seen recently. I haven't been active on 8ch in the past half a year outside of skimming for threads every few days, simply because the magic seems to have faded. Maybe my efforts will change something, maybe they wont. I'd be a fucking FOOL not to try something, and lose Holla Forums to cancer.

Also you fags have been doing an decent job with deleting low effort threads but you're also deleting random posts that shouldn't be deleted from what I've seen
you should be able to recognize a bullshit report when you see it

I haven't seen enough of this for the amount of times I've seen strong implications or outright admissions they go on cuckchan, maybe I'm just annoyed that I see shit that shouldn't get punished but does while this other shit goes free
Either way things have gotten *slightly* overall better, just weird now.

I may have given you the impression this thread is from Mark, however it's not. Mark fucked off this month, and shat out a bumplocked (not) meta thread where he said "can't, too busy" and didn't even hang around after posting it.

What.
Fucking what?
Why? Is he on vacation or something?
I still see him liking neocon shit on twitter, the fuck is he doing?
If it weren't for the fact that claims are hopeless I'd be worried about that.
This place better not go to shit in the meantime.

He didn't specify. He only dropped the (not) meta thread at a super weird time, probably after being told "hey dude you should keep up appearances", and then went off to fap. It's UNACCEPTABLE that a board owner can't do a Q&A once a month, or be reached on board. Transparency is key. Fuck, I can post from my phone from almost anywhere, let replies rack up, and answer them all on my own schedule. He's just THAT lazy from what I can tell.

Mark if you're out there, come post in here. Have a serious talk with us. There's some shit going on you need to address.

Official meta 11am EST next Saturday.

And the source?

Also you sound new so I'll tell you. There used to be meta threads every Monday, which degenerated into "ban shit I don't like" requests, that's why there aren't more regular meta threads anymore. There is still one every month, at least.

You didn't read the thread
Mark dropped a thread this month, stating "sorry there wasn't one this month, been busy. This isn't a meta thread" (title was (not) meta thread)
He set it to bump locked immediately, even saying so in the op, and stated "I wont be around for long"
The only other info he gave was answering a few inane questions about movie nights and events, which he only gave half answers to. Most people didn't SEE the thread though, since it was bump locked from creation. I wont explain it again.

I should also clarify, the answers were posted in the OP. He didn't actually post in thread after it's inception, he immediately left.

You must be living under a rock if you don't know about the ginger. OP is just venting when he says mark fucked off.

Mark is not an administrative guy, or good at PR, but he will still do the things he's supposed to do. I don't know why he posted that thread, I guess he was just trying to excuse himself for not having done the meta yet, and yes I saw it.

That's all he ever does.

I'm sure that's mostly the case, but that's the problem.

Exactly, we need him to have a serious talk about the state of Holla Forums and administrative transparency

You already know the time to do it, I'll expect you to be there.

Those are a result of "all posts deleted by IP" function. If you see that happening and it seems random that's because the same guy who warranted a Mod response was posting elsewhere.

If there's a thread next saturday at 11am EST, I'll be in the thread to talk directly to him
For now, it's not a bad idea to flesh out exactly what people want to bring up

I can prove you wrong or right on that, but not at the moment. I'll post it here later and in the upcoming meta thread.

Here's my list of gripes

I really didn't want to own a board, I dread it. If Mark can't clear this stuff up though something will need to happen.

I've been here, I just didn't have the time to do a full length meta thread

so basically "I dun like your posts" is a valid reason for ban. awesome moderating as always.
I made non-shitposts as well. but they are all gone because the threads already reached the 15th page, so obviously when you look at my post history you wil see some shitposts in shitty slow threads.
"It means you're such a terrible poster"
Could you be at least more specific? I honestly dont get your moderation, we are on a anonymous imageboards, people here should be able to handle banter.

STOP EATING OUR FUCKING CAKES
Crossposters should be put on suicide watch. They will develop 4kids style of posting while posting on 8kids.