Viewtiful Joe

Even if we never get that third game (because let's face it, if we do, it will be dogshit because Capcom being Capcum), I think this series had a good run

I miss this series too much, but I know for a fact that Capcom will ruin it if it ever decides to bring it back

I mean, they could just contract Platinum to make it. I think Kamiya said in the past he'd be up for a third game.

Actually haven't heard much of the quality of either of those before, at least on Holla Forums. Focus of discussion seems more aimed at Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2.

JAMERSON IS IN THE HOUSE!

It's Davidson.

Viewtiful Joe turns 15 this year.

in what world

Is the cartoon worth watching if I haven't played the games?

The Smash-esque game is fanservice and a decent party game. It's just does not have an autistic fanbase like Melee. The DS could be a lot better since the powers are a little "tech demo" of the DS since it was released in its early life.

The anime is silly and Blue Jr. might get on the nerves of some since he is the self insert character for the kids but at least gives some kind of closure and the bosses from the first game are kept even though as Team Rocket status.

I think nothing would make me more mad than current Capcom doing a third mainline game at the level of recent DMC, Dead Rising, Street Fighter or Resident Evil.

Capcom is too busy teasing fans. Capcom is milking them hard. They think that if they buy enough games with Joe's cameo then that will show that there is support for Joe, then Capcom has to see that Joe has a fanbase and will have to make another game.
Joe has cameo'ed in more games than he was actually been in.

sad thing is I know I am forgetting a few.
But yeah, why take the effort and resources to make a game in a series, when if you just slap that character in a game it sales increase.

He's an unlockable character as well

The Viewtiful Joe games are probably my favorite games next to the Kiseki games and the Ace Combat games. We were blessed enough to have the 2 great games, no point in asking for more when we know that we will never get another one, especially since Crapcom has driven most of their talent away.

This game was fun as hell. I still haven't played through the second though.

only first game is good

Is it worth playing the PS2 version over the GameCube version?

Pros and Cons of the PS2 game
+ Featuring Dantae from Devil May Cry
- They had to remove a few lines from viewtiful joe in order to achieve this.
- Has a baby mode difficulty
- Like with every other clover studios game the ps2 inferior to the gamecube technically, so you will experience things like Choppy frame rate in certain areas, worse textures, and the aforementioned quieter joe.
- A few nintendo references were scrubbed clean

WELL user, at least he's no longer JOBBIN' JOE

Weird, even I thought it was Jamerson, at least back on the original demo for the game.

Could be worse, he could have as many cameos as Shovel Knight does in indie games.

Unrelated, why the hell does the reply box slowly expand to the side if I try rescaling it? Moving it vertically is fine but not horizontally.

Well I fucked up those spoilers

You must have misheard it. His name is a reference to the Harley Davidson bikes that are all over his office.

Main grudge I have against VJ: Double Trouble is that the new powers added to compensate the lack of MACH SPEED are gimmicky to say the least
Slow, Mach Speed and Zoom are proper powers and tools to be used on any situation throughout the game, killing bands of lesser enemies with ease, dodging attacks, resolving puzzles, dealing more damage to the bosses, etc. The ones in the DS game tend to feel too situational in comparison

I feel you jackpot. Maybe if it was made a few years later, it could have been more well tought out. But by then, Capcom no longer cared about the franchise.

Well, I think the creative team behind it is still in Platinum, right? Too bad the second one didn't got a coop mode or more characters to unlock like the first one.

I rather have some cameos than having to deal with shit like this. And I don't even own or play SFV. But as a fan of the genre, have to see deal with this.

God the theme song for the anime was so much fun.

Only real MDE niggas will know.

YOUR A BLOCKHEAD JOE

Can't wait for the trash economy

Oh god I forgot how amazing the fight music from the show was too. Fuck I want this show on Blu-Ray now.

Guys, Killer Hands was a girl, right? I need to know for sure.

Granted I only played the first 2 levels, the game sucks. The combat is real ass.

Yeah, the second game is lacking. I've always felt like it's a better made game overall but it's just not as fun as the first if that makes any sense.
Does have better music though. Blizzard Hazard and True Heroes are fantastic times.
maybe this will be the year I finally play through it on Ultra V-Rated

nyet

Based off of Edward Scissor-hands.

Not really, unless you feel like elaborating. I didn't feel like the character-swapping gimmick added anything significant, same thing for the new enemy types. I also didn't think any of the boss fights were even close to the level of the bosses in the first game.

Then who gives a shit about your opinion?

Show was fun, Blue Jr. tended to get on my nerves when he tried to play Joe's common sense but still I had fun with all the movie references here and there, still worth a re-watch

Honestly, I wish we had more "movie rip-off" bosses like in Double Trouble: Kamen Rider 1 & 2, Robocop, Scissor-Hands, etc.
How about the Predator, Kikaider, Conan the barbarian and Dirty Harry as bosses ?

I didn't mind switching between Joe and Silvia, but Silvia's gun just breaks the flow of the combat for me, gun & kick combos don't have the same flow as Joe's regular combos, and this also applies when doing Air Joe/Air Silvia

I know it says so on that wiki, but where/when was it ever confirmed as male in the game or instruction manual or whatever?

I mean seriously, look at that blush.