Enter your name

Any one else choke when it comes time to naming your character in games that have you make your own character?

adolf

I just generate a name in my head. Pokemon Prism is "Kill Roy" and Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers is "Dogfuckr Shitpusy"

Fagballs

I just end up going with whatever comes to mind first, like some shitty tattoo I'll have to look at. Usually gibberish, like Tibbles or Chungly, something like that.

Another one is "Fuck Me"

No, I always use the same name. Now if they have you naming multiple characters it becomes a problem.

I chuckled

AAAAA

Sephiroth
Adolf Hitler
Adolf
Hitler
Slab Bulkhead
Bane
CIA
Ballsack
Needledick
Soyman
Soyboy
Faggot
Nigger
Jew
Kike
Cocksucker
Fucker
Fucko
Frodo
Fuckboy
Twink
NuMale
Cuck
Todd Howard
Peter Molyneux
Randy Bitchford
Anthony Burch
Eric Harris
Dylan Klebold
Gay Ben
Succ
Alex Jones
Donald Trump
Vladimir Putin
Doctor Fuckerstein
Count Fuckula
Count Fagula
Count Cuckula

I tried.

Faust

Either "Fenix" or my name for male characters
it varies on females

COCKAIDS

Todd Howard

Shadman the Hedgehog

No, I just type whatever comes to mind like "nigger" or "cocacola"

Song/album covers or Prince Uriel

Hold it!

There are only 8 spaces! It is impossible to enter "your name". If you tried it would only go up to "your nam"

I always name my character adolf too user.

I don't think so, try with a "D".

I name wai/daughterfu Sarah. I really like that name.

I put "Ass" or "Fuck me"

I've got a short list of names and descriptions for OC d20 characters I want to eventually flesh out, so I just draw party members from those.

New Kid

No, it's everyone's Nam. Some people try to forget or pretend it's never there, but it's always everyone's Nam.

My naming process goes Canon Name if there is one >My real middle name if it's a game like Pokemon or Animal Crossing where the character is meant to represent me > Fake name I come up with to fit the characters appearance and setting.

Just my middle name, it's not like I enter my full name and RP self insert or anything

I have a handful of names from a story I never finished as a kid that I match up as best as I can to how the character(s) look.

Enter "yourname", dummy

I agree, girl from those Neptunia games, putting your real actual name in a game is truly top tier. I do it in Animal Crossing and similar games. In more fantastical games I tend to use others though.

I've named every single profile on every single game I've played either "Salmon Jones" if it allows that many characters or just "Salmon" if there's a low character limit. I've done that since I got my first game console at age 11. Every single one. I used to find it amusing to me that my fictional alter-ego of Salmon Jones was actually literally the same guy doing all these video gaming things. That my boy Salmons was off slaying dragons one day then dammit wouldn't you know it he was off blowing the shit out of terrorists or playing chess or being a getaway driver the next day. Like it was a persistent person that just got in a shitload of misadventures.

Eventually I became old and haggard but no less easily amused so I still do it. So I can honestly say if you somehow looked through my gaming history every single thing you'd find is named "Salmon Jones". Every memory card, every profile, everything. If it let me add my own name, that's the name I've been using for decades.

I just pulled the name out of my ass. No relation to anthing at all that I can remember. I needed to name myself something on some long-forgotten game profile creation screen and that was the first thing to come to mind.

I just press random buttons

My name if silent protagonist and the NPCs will refer to me by name.

Otherwise i go with fagola, edgelord or mocking adjective that i think suits the character because i don't respect many protagonists that have their own personality.

Did you keep a consistent look to him throughout every game that allowed it? Closest similar story I got is I have a guy I remake on literally every Sims game, and always make him a police officer or whatever is closest, he then has a family spanning generations that is wildly different every game. I also made him in one of the WWE games once to play through the campaigns.

Depends on the game and how many characters are allowed. If it’s a game with a distinct setting like Japan or the Middle Ages, I try to think of a name that fits the setting. If its just a regular game I enter the first thing that comes to mind. Now character creation is where I get bogged down.

I did this for every WWE game I owned starting with No Mercy on the N64. His name was Bob Lemmings, and he was pretty much just an expy of Mick Foley but skinny, ponytail, and cargo pants. I don't know why, I just feel compelled to make him every damn WWE game. It's basically tradition at this point, even if I don't want to. I've also got another guy, Jack Fu, that started as a pure Kung Fu guy but evolved into more of a MMA fighter as the years went on, incorporating more and more submission based moves and strikes rather than just kicks. I'm fucking autistic, I tell you what.

i dont see it like that, name choosing is more of a choice about you wanting see the game from a more external point of view like someone watching a movie, or , you want to that guy to be your ingame persona.
Naming the rest of characters around is probably so that you can feel attached to them.
Spending time thinking of a cool name is for fags anyway.

Nah, I just use my first name when there's a chance to self insert. If I'm playing an MMO, then I usually just repeat a made up name.

>benis

>I dub the lot of you "dickweed"

No. I either go Default, user, or my name when it comes to games.

Surprised by the amount of seemingly thoughtless choices in this thread.
Maybe I'm just a bit of an autist when it comes to this but it takes me forever to think of a suiting name, I usually have to have it match up with the class/playstyle and have it sound cool. Can take a while.
I actually keep a text document of cool names to use later when I come across them in books or other places.

Whenever a game asks me to input a name I type "no" (´・ω・`)

When you get Christmas Cake age this doesn't happen very much, there's plenty of inspiration in my brain.

I usually name feMC "Ada" if I have a choice and she can be made to look even somewhat Chinese.

>Name our characters or files or whatever you want to call them

Clearly runs in the family.

I just pick something appropriate to the setting's context. If I'm playing someone from the great swamp in a Souls game, I use a Latin name. If I'm playing something modern-day, I pick a modern-day name with a meaning appropriate to how I'm gonna play the game.

Or I just use Fagwisp

Usually a shortened version of my handle

Choke on deez nutz OP.

I always use the same names for my characters. Its only when I have to name my entire party, especially for females, that I struggle. Can't those fuckers name themselves, and its weird if the girl becomes your character's waifu/love interest and you named her like she was your daughter.

bob

you know you're never getting that/those second(s) back right?

this

it's always Wojtyla, no matter if it's male or female

"I say"

RIP in peace Trkklda, you were the best leper a Darkest Dungeon player could ever hope for

Almost always a meme name like Niggertits or ASSFAGGOTS. Unless I'm taking the game seriously then I usually have no trouble thinking of a name that suits.

If I have to name party members, it's always something different. If a character dies, a new member has to have a different name, this is also true for pets or summoned characters (if they are able to be named) and usually they're named ironically for something they did in the last life or how they died. Like if they burn to death, it's something like "thefirerises".
It's the little things like that which keep me entertained through games.

The real question though is do you play a female character?

>do you play a female character?
No, I just wank to them.

AAAAAA

One of the best episodes of MST3K

I just name my dude Chad.

I was inspired from a friend to use the name "SDEVE" (pronounced "Steve"). Why? I have no idea.

Mash the keyboard/letter input, attempt to make it look pronouncable (or don't if you think the character could be finnish)
I came up with a lot of good etrian odyssey names using this method and i still use some of the better ones to this day.

Fuck me, fuck you, my god, mmkay, uhh, etc.

should always be AAA for those highscore tables

Interesting. I sometimes go for Shtebe (pronounced Shtebe)

Sometimes a good old fashioned "Nigger" does the trick and more.

Can vouch, named my Barret in ff7 Tyrone, what a fun play.

Yes, i normally have to use name generators because im an undecisive fuck like that, thats why i cant play rpgs.

I always go for the preset name in RPGs, no way i'm wasting time in that shit

What if there is none?

I have no imagination of my own so I just steal other people's names I like.
I have no shame

Okay

That works.

I made that image about two years ago. Glad to see someone's making use of it.

I am Frodo Sagbag.

user

I always name my male charterers charlie tunoko

I miss YouTube Poop.

I always use some combination of:

Sometimes I do the same thing.

Depends on the setting.
High fantasy/sci-fi games get the autistic naming process.
In realistic/low fantasy games, I name my character after myself.

It's like you arent even trying

So then what's your username?

[Regular Name] [Alliterative Genus, Family, Order or Phylum]
Example: Anna Arthropoda.

I forget if Breath of Fire allows for it, but if so you could have Adolf running around trying to free the world from Emperor Zog in the western version.

Absolutely epic. Are we being raided by elementary schoolers?

"Tit"

ImHorny

I just put my favourite band/singer

ASS

All caps every time.

no, ASS

1.) My online handle
2.) My real name (rarely anymore but was the case when I was younger)
3.) The characters canon name
4.) If you don't type ANY letters into the name box in a lot of games (namely Pokemon) it will give a name for you that's sometimes just the canon name

I just put in my name for games like SMT where the MC has barely any personality. For female MCs? Turns out that you can put an E at the end of my name to make it a female name.
For other games like FFT where the MC is a clearly defined character, I stick to the default name.

Pardon the doublepost, but how do you with yourself, renaming someone who already has an official name? It's not Charlie, it's Bancho Siscon.

I don't wish you well in life and I hope god strikes you from this mortal coil soon.

If it's just a first name for my character, and I'm making a male character, then I don't have a problem. I have one name that I really like and use it for all my characters. But if I have to come up with a last name, give other characters names, or I'm making a female character, I get stuck for a pretty long time. I'm bad at coming up with names in general. I've thought about making something in the editors for a few games, and one of the things that always discourages me is knowing that I'll have to come up with names for every character and location.

I always used 'Fegelein45'

Bernd

Kc tier

nothing wrong with that tbh

My best friend when I was younger called his character TNT so I named mine Nitro and it's stuck ever since.

when theres multiplayer

when single player

I still need to watch this episode, it looks like a treasure

I always name my SMT character Sketch Follow (with the nickname Adam)
Dunno why

Fighter.
I have no name.
I fight things.

you mean SNK

spic detected

Dick is a suitable prefix.

Rafael

What do you people do if you ever play Icewind Dale or some other game where you have to create your entire party from scratch? There's the matter of custom portraits, too. Do you just use the premade ones?

a homo or my ass is also good in a pinch. But if there's space, I go with Dildo Ryda.

Must be user.

FITR

I usually name all my characters Ringo. I really that name for video game characters. Not sure why.

When I was a kid I lived next door to a kid who always named every one of his characters in every single game "Penis." Looking back on it I think he was probably sort of a sociopath.

I used to.

In most games that have canon character names, I go with that. I use my real name for some games like Pokemon. In RPGs, I tend to make up stuff, depending on the type of character I want.

A S S

I hope that's not the only evidence you used to reach that conclusion.
I'll see you soon, Max.

I've always liked Berluch for older warrior types.