Worthy Wii + Gamecube games

I got a Wii for the first time and set up the necessary loaders to play games from an USB hard drive. I'm looking for recommendations. Mainly Wii recommendations because of the high amount of shovelware on the Wii but gamecube hidden gems are fine too.
What are your most recommended games?

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Pikmin 1 and 2
Viewtiful Joe 1

Gotcha Force

Metroid
Smash Bros Melee
Luigis Mansion
Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Mario Galaxy
Paper Mario TTYD
If you have a decent PC with an emulator you CAN play Skyward Sword with a gamepad with the newer Motion+ fork based on 5.0 but otherwise it's not worth it, even if you do have a motion+ shit

Simpsons hit and run

Rune Factory Frontier

Spirits & Spells
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
Amazing Island
Barnyard

Just look up a list of GC games published by Capcom.

I don't have a wii list tho

Hong Kong '97
Cybermorph
Worlds.com
T-Rex Tech Demo
SNES Hentai ROMs

IS there a wii chart? I don't think I've ever seen one. I've got the 360, PS3, PSP, GBA, PS2, VN, Horror games 1 and 2, freeware games, and a few others as well, but no Wii one.

Where the hell is motherfuckin' Star Fox Assault?!
Yeah, not the best level design, take it or leave it, but I'll be damned if it doesn't have the greatest multiplayer in the whole bitchin' series. That's where Assault truly shines. That, and the actually pretty decent Arwing missions and story/presentation, and the package is brought up to on par or close to the level of the classic games that preceded it.
Yeah, feel free to skip Star Fox Adventures… unless you really have a predilection for looking up Krystal's loincloth, ya weirdo.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

The Wii had an objectively better library than the gamecube. Start with the weird games like Elebits and Opoona. Also I had no idea that Akihiko Tukushi did the artwork for Elebits on the DS. That's kind of incredible.

No More Heroes series FUCKHEAD
MadWorld
The Last Story
Little King's Story

Custom Robo
Sin and Punishment 2
Xenoblade
Smash Bros Melee
Viewtiful Joe
Project M
Metroid Prime Trilogy
No More Heroes
Super Monkey Ball
Chibi Robo
Skies of Arcadia
TimeSplitters
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Gotcha Force
Madworld
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Paper Mario 2
Kirby Air Ride
Super Mario Galaxy
Wii Sports Resort
Star Fox Assault
Bomberman Generations
Wave Race

there's probably a ton more I forgot.

It did, but the gamecube had good gems like Custom Robo and Paper Mario 2 as well.

few and far between, and I think everyone knows those games by now, don't you feel the same way?

This is true

Mega Man Network Transmission
Lost Kingdoms I & II
Also has the superior versions of
Killer 7
Sonic Heroes
Tales of Symphonia

Also I forgot Megaman X command mission

I think he should swap out Sonic Heroes with Sonic Adventure 2 for Gamecube. I know it's just as bad, but at least they have Chao Garden and the tightest Eggman jingle. Just plug your ears during Tails missions.

Sin and Punishment; Star Successor
It's made by Treasure so you know it's good

Also I liked the Sonic stages

Nigger you what? You plug your ears during Tails missions because he's irritating. Also if you don't understand, when you say something's tight it's usually because it's good. The worst part about the game is Tails, everything else ranges from dumpster fire to actually passable.

Fuck this game. They had a fun game and they ruined with with waggle controls and interrupting the flow every screen by forcing you to stop and pound the floor or blow at flowers. What is it with modern game devs and putting things into their games that should not be there in the first place? You could take an axe to most modern games and chop out parts and you would have a better game.

Gotta justify that 60 dollar price tag they're gonna charge. If you don't have the autism and gimmicks then everyone complains your game is too short.

Trauma Center series. That's Second Opinion, New Blood and finally Trauma Team.
Fucking Atlus, stop with the goddamn Persona spinoffs and make another trauma game

The music in Adventure is either forgettable or a meme (I.e, the Knuckles raps and City Escape)

That art style looks eerily similar to made in abyss.

Red Steel 2 if you want to experience bad fov but peak motion controls.

You are Fake News

>>>/Russia/

Pandora's Tower
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2
Xenoblade

Custom Robo
No More Heroes 1 & 2

Because its the exact same artist.

Punch Out is pretty good.
Super Paper Mario is OK I guess.

skip super paper mario, nintendo was at their worst during the gc-wii u years, so many of their games are some of the worst they've made. play the weird stuff like Ivy the Kiwi? and Rodea the Sky Soldier instead. Before I explored the Xbox and Saturn I explored the Wii and walked away very happy with all the great games on it.

opinion disregarded.

also play this, there's a menu translation. It's a game by the earth defense force developers (sandlot.) It even has a similar feel to those games, except a fantasy setting and more melee focused combat.

they're both yuji naka games. google him if you don't know him and stop posting. it's OK if you grew up with the gamecube, but you need to understand that in the grand scheme of things it was a bad omen.

first game was better

Billy Hatcher
Objectively Sonic Team's only good 3D game

burning rangers and the nights games (one of which is on the wii)

Yeah, no fuck that.

Boy you are just desperate to shit on it, aren't you. No, a bad omen would be shit like Xbox Live.

Nights into Dreams is as 3D as sonic 2
The wii sequel sucks

Also burning rangers is shit, but that's more because it runs at a cinematic 15 frames per second.

what's wrong, really? is it because I said your lunchbox wasn't as good as your childhood memories tell you it was?

lol

Phantasy Star Online: Episode I and II (Though Blue Burst on PC contains episodes 1, 2, and 4)
Phantasy Star Online: Episode III
Freedom Fighters
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

I've got one here.

Any of those still even work? I know the dreamcast version has private servers still, but no idea about gamecube.

low IQ beta who desperately clings to his purple lunchbox console as if it was good. Gotcha.

Tatsunoku vs Capcom is also a god tier fighter.

Said the faggot actually getting assblasted because i called their favorite hack developer/publisher shit.

I know there's a schthack server for the gamecube PSO's, but I've never tried them out.

where did I defend NISA at any point? You seemed really upset I insulted the gamecube and I'm wondering if I also raped your mother in the past.

Even with the "grain of salt" remark, the fact that Other M is even on there as a potential recommendation brings the whole things down.

There is one, but it never left work the work in progress stage due to Wii threads becoming more and more infrequent.

Probably the best Lovcraftian survival horror game ever. Awesome voicework, interesting story, gimmiky "sanity" effects but still go back and play through on my Wii every once and awhile.

"May the rats eat your eyes"!

More psychological horror than survival, as surviving isn't particularly hard, but yeah, a very good take on being Lovecraftian, without directly ripping it.

Shame Hootkins died just a few years after that.

Yeah, I still pull up the bonus autopsies on YT just to listen to his voice. Man could read the back of a tube of toothpaste and make it the best thing you ever heard.

I enjoyed playing through it.

Yep. Too bad he barely did any voicing for video games, and of what few other characters/games he did, it's not like Dingodile had many lines (though "Break out da butta! Gonna make toast!" did get somewhat popular from Crash Bandicoot Warped), and I can't speak for Flight of the Amazon Queen as it's not a game I've looked into.

oh yeah, Eternal Darkness, definitely.

I hope that Shadows of the Eternal's game is good, if it even comes out. Dennis Dyack is still on it, so chances aren't good, but man.

God damn, he really pulls off the insanity quite well.

I thought this shit was pretty good but I may just be a shit kicker.

Might help things that he was both a stage and film actor as well; I'd wager having to be able to convincingly sell a character on all fronts, not just audio (though that's what his role as Max was, just being his voice), is a big factor, compared to stock western voice actors used in so many games, where they only have to focus on audio and don't always do that good a job, or get pigeonholed into particular voices (Hootkins not having had time for that to happen, as he only had roles in three games; I'd imagine his Max voice could have become one).

Well now I'm just sad. This croaked around 2013 it looks like. Did they get private funding after this or something?

I was in shock to find out it was Porkins, truly. He should have done WAY

I was honestly shocked to find out it was him. Someone I barely had any recollection from a huge franchise of movies, overshadowed by most every other (now) big name actor there gives what to me is the ultimate performance on "insanespeak" ever. RIP Maxkins.

It's still around, true to their word the game did resurface after the kickstarter failed, but i haven't really heard much about it since then.

Shit I didn't know No More Heroes was an Ubishit game. They sure fooled me.

I haven;t heard much on it in recent years, but then again it's not something I've kept tabs on (because fuck kikestarter). Did like that I got to ask Dyack a question when Mark got him to drop by Holla Forums years ago.

Obviously, that's because the game was made by Konami.

God i wish the game VA industry was taken more seriously by those with talent, but no. it's going to be all Troy baker and ashley birch until either they die or gaming does.

Or "budget versions" where a VA can manage to sound similar to a more expensive, popular one. I feel a bit bad for Mercer. I've seen his live action work with There Will Be Brawl years back, but unfortunately he seems to be considered "Budget Baker" when it comes to voicing. I remember back when before Tales of Xillia came out here, people expected (and some lamenting) Troy Baker again because of how Alvin sounded, only for it to get confirmed that it was Mercer instead.

Anyhow, a part of of the issue likely lies in where western releases of games, and anime for that matter, pick up potential voices from, resulting in a handful of locations of local talent, to the point some works will actually force a studio to have to pick up new blood (Funi for example has had issues at points where they don't have enough voices that sound properly old enough for shows with adult heavy casts). Even in anime, there's been something of a loss of prevalence for Canadian based English voices, which used to be popular for US based companies to draw from as it's no longer cheaper to outsource. Also the issue of cliques and unions that can try to keep voices used within a particular pool, and the aforementioned pigeonholing of actors that can do range into particular voice roles that may/may not actually fit well with the character, simply for the sake of people liking a prior voice.

Super Paper Mario (different gameplay than the first two but still worth a playthrough)
The Last Story

I guess that's better news than nothing then.
That's what I get for playing video games.

I don't know if anyone bothered to make an archive of the thread; we certainly didn't have a stable on-site archive at that point in time, as it was years back. Asked just how old Ehn'gha and the Forbidden City were supposed to be, if the latter only started to really decay after Pious went through it in 26 BC. I think the response I got was "around 20,000 years" (Max does say Ehn'gha at the very least was inhabited before humanity as he knew it), but I'd have to dig around in my folders to find the screenshot of the reply to be completely sure.

Also, as a general remark, given how the autopsies are unvoiced in Max's own chapter, I personally took them to be him having tried to convince someone else about the things he'd found in and under his house some time after the fact, be it a disbelieving judge/jury, or maybe some other partially sane inmate. Or maybe the book somehow merely recorded his own thoughts beyond what he had written, I don't know. While all the monsters autopsied are native to his own chapter (no Black Guardians or Vampyre, obviously), he seems to have either done more research into the issue of what lurked under and even within the house (maybe more notes his father left before passing, or reading the prior character's chapters in the tome himself for a better idea of the universe). Or, if he was giving his best speculations, they seem more or less on the money. That's just my own take on it though.

Funny how he himself is perfectly sane (at least that we as the audience can see), but comes off as crazy to anyone else in the games not versed in what had been going on. And if that is how Max speaks in trying to convince others, he's not helping his case.

I have owned a second hand Wii for years and never played it. I just can't get over how ugly the console is. It feels cheap compared to my 3 GameCubes. That and the game cases are white and fee super thin and flimsy compared to gamecube cases. Every time I get an urge to hook up and try a Wii game I immediately feel diacust picking up a Wii game case.

If you are into them, the Wii has the best Light Gun Game Library console of the 7the Generation, after Sony dropped the Ball and ignored this niche despite dominating it during the PS2 era.

The Wii is a shovel ware console through and through, but thanks to that the games on it where somewhat sheltered from the AAA bullshit that was pushed during the seventh Generation and many small studios produced games for it that still feel like pre 2007 games.
Another thing is that the Wii has a lot of really dark and melancholic games that can quickly suck the color out of your life if you are already feeling down.

adding titles other people didn't but that are pretty good imo:

Super Mario Strikers & Mario Strikers Charged
SSX Tricky
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Mario Kart Wii + modding tools
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Wario World
Wario Ware Wii
Made in Wario Inc.
Pro Evolution Soccer 08 Wii
Rayman 3
Mario Party 4 (the other ones have terrible minigames and art style compared to 4)
Battalion Wars 1-2
The House of the Dead and Metal Slug collection ports for the Wii
Sonic Mega Collection
Odama
that wiiware Bomberman game
Cel Damage
the Disney Sports series
Mario Power Tennis
Pac Man Vs.
The Simpsons Hit and Run
Killer7
Worms 3D (despite what everyone says, it's got a pretty good campaign mode)
Okami

I really wanted to like Captain Rainbow but it's slow as fuck

Well, you do take him all the way to En'gha's doors when you play through as him and after barley defeating the one guardian, after going through many of the other horrors of that area, he realizes fully that humanity is doomed if he can't somehow hold it together long enough to convince us to act. Probably kept going through sheer willpower just to find something, anything that would be enough proof that it was real and should be taken seriously. His "crazy" is half true insanity and half the utter desperation and heartfelt pleas of a man trying to save the world.

I like the idea of the book recording his extra thoughts, theTome of Eternal Darkness is basically an artifact with strange properties, this could be one of them.

Post these games

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Fatal Frames 2&4
Obscure: The Aftermath
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Cursed Mountain
Calling

Those are just the obvious and a lot of it depends if you can stand the Wii controls, but there is a red line of real downer endings throughout Wii games if you read their plots.
I probably have forgotten some JRPGs, however even in non JRPGs their plot on the Wii is usually that a protagonist sets out to save people, who at the end of the game are dead, lost or sacrificed.
Kinda makes me wonder what people think makes Drakengard and Nier so special.

Mario Party 4, 5, and 6 for self Retardys
SpongeBob Battle for Bikini Bottom
Animal Crossing City Folk
UR MR GAY
UR MI ALY 2
Mario Power Tennis
Animal Crossing
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Killer 7
No More Heroes 1 & 2

Anyone remembers the name of the Wii homebrew that outputs a lot of system information like versions of IOS/CIOS in each slot? It also saves the information to a text file.

Red Steel 2's supposed to be pretty good.

d2x ios installer

Yeah. Part of the reasoning I took is that the book has some obviously strange effects on the reader's mind beyond sanity loss, from the pages themselves being insane scribblings, mental overriding of original dialogue languages with one the reader can comprehend on their own (such as Roman and Latin in Pious and Anthony's chapters to English for Alex as the reader), Edward's "forewords" to each chapter which, aside from having visibly named the chapter titles in English script (he at least did live long enough for all twelve chapters to have occurred), might not even be written in the book itself, and of course to whole "live out the unspoken past through the eyes of fellow chosen" thing.

Did get reminded that Max himself wasn't the first one in his time period to obtain the book, nor does he ever visit the "Hall of Howls" or whatever you want to call the place with the tome pedestal. Rather, he finds it already in the house, his father somehow obtained it despite not being one of the chosen and thus unable to actually use or read from it. Still, Aaron seemed to uncover a lot without it, which I can only imagine would make one feel all the more powerless; to know the horrors of beyond and some shred of what's going on, but the one thing that might be able to help you refuses to allow it. Of course, I suppose that, the Tome being tied to Mantorok, it wants events to play out how it desires.

Honestly, it's a miracle Holla Forums isn't all furfags yet.

That retarded ending on tokyo tower was a downer. What is it with nips and that silly eiffel tower rip off?
Still a great game.

I'll forget you, you nigger.

Don't play this shit, it runs at a smooth 15-20fps. Really jarring.

There is a Wii chart made by chart user, don't have it on my computer since my HDD died but there is probably some user here that has it saved. I know for a fact there is a SNES, Dreamcast, DS, GBA charts apart from the NGC one user posted.

As far as loaders go you'll be set with USB Loader GX and Nintendont.

Are the Resident Evil gamecube re-releases worth playing instead of the PSX versions? It'd save me a few burned discs.

RE1 is superior, 2, 3 and veronica X are pretty much the same.

It is actually pretty good.

This game right here. It was nice to beat this game three times to get the real ending

It's called SysCheck

I would like some charts as well, I'm missing many of them

Best game for that system is F-Zero GX.

Best game for that system is Sin & Punishment - Star Successor.

I don't have the chart, but Wario Land for the Wii is something you need to play.

RE1 is the only one that isn't a port of the PSX games minus the disc swapping and with slightly better textures on the models.

Red Steel 2 is great, it is one of the only Wii games that uses the Wiimote+ add-on well. It is an FPS with sword play and guns, dodging, and a decent art style. And it has a nice difficulty curve. And you can adjust the zones on screen that make you turn or look up and down based on where you point the wiimote at your sensor bar.

Literally any game that isn't shovelware, at least for the GameCube. Developers weren't too kind to either the GameCube and N64.

Here's my favorites:
[GameCube]
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Wario World
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom Not a joke

[Wii]
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Wario Land: Shake It
Super Paper Mario
Pikmin 2 Playing it on GameCube is a nightmare compared to Wii controls

Off yourselves.

It looks fucking beautiful. I'll rev up my Wii for this one during the week, thanks a lot user.

Baten Kaitos and the prequel
Gotcha Force
Custom Robo
Rogue Squadron II
Rogue Squadron III

Super Monkey Ball 1/2 (be prepared for anger-inducing difficulty in the later stages)

I'm not sure if the chart user ever finished this but it's pretty alright as it is