Kirby Star Allies

I think I may be too excited for this game. What if it's too easy, like Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot? I mean, I guess I prefer having some difficulty for the puzzle rooms a la Dreamland 2, where you have to figure out the right ability to get the drop/gear/cube/puzzle piece. Also having them well-hidden.

I'm ecstatic about Clean coming back and having it's own move set, but it's full of references. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, it certainly doesn't allow it to be it's own thing.

Other abilities I'm glad are back are Beetle and Water. They took too long to get to the latter, but the former I'm biased for due to my interest in Hercules beetles.

Also, how do you feel about Nintendo/HAL adding a new "waifu" with each game that comes out? Francisca looks alright, but she's not that interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiwiki.jp/airmodo/?��ȯ̵������ߤˤĤ���
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

feels bad man

+it's a kirby game
-it's on the switch
I think I'll have to pass.

it looks too similar to the one from robobot

I'M ALL IN

The switch is bad meme

I don't get it.

I like that you can play as the Helpers on their own and that Chef Kawasaki, Gim, and Bugzzy are back, but some of the other Helpers just being Kirby reskins bothers me a bit. Would it really kill HAL to make Waddle Doo use his energy beam without needing the same hat/rod that Kirby has?

How big is Kirby's budget? A lot of Kirby games recycle assets, and I wonder just how much the budget for these games really are.

probably very low.

Looks like shit, like all Kirby games.

I simply refuse to buy a Switch because of the paid online.

Looks good. Might buy it.

>$20 a year
It's like you nerds don't do your research.

And how is any of that not paid online?

While I agree it’s the cheapest option of the big three, a lot of anons still feel it’s a giant middle finger in their face.

I own a Switch and even then I won't defend the paid online nor will I bother with it

its ok if nintendo does it.
everytime

Eh, Amazing Mirror was what'd I'd call the last classic game (only one Sakurai was involved in post-HAL after his butt-buddy Shimomura died of AIDS). Level design was kinda shit, though. Oh, whoops, I took a wrong turn here! Well, looks like I gotta do the Warp Star minigame and get booted back to the hub! Yippee! Anyone who honestly believes it's an improved version of The Great Cave Offensive is a total bum fuck-up.

The less said about Squeak Squad, the better.

Thats 20 too much for how shit the online is. Not even a simple ass messaging system, its a step back from miiverse, which admittedly, was actually unique but furrys took it too far. They need to bring back the miiverse.

Not their fault all of you are poor. What's more, you probably already have a PSN+ subscription, so you have no room to complain.

Every system prior to the switch with Online has had it for free. I'm not enough of a brand-fanboy to give money for a service that was previously, and should have remained, free.

Yes it's lower than the other consoles and yes it's affordable. Hell, I spend more on coffee and lube every month. But it's wrong on a moral level. All Nintendo's servers do is match make, all of the heavy lifting is done P2P. If they had centralized servers that didn't drop every 4th game and had more than just Splatoon 2 then I might thinking about giving Nintendo my shekels.

And so? Was all that digging worth it?

user, I hate to say it, but that's just how the world is. There's gonna be a multitude of back alley dealings that only criminalize companies further. Basically, how are you going to enjoy anything if you're not willing to pay for it, just because a developer at Nintendo kicks dogs for a living? Yeah it's wrong, but it's just that one developer; it doesn't represent the company as a whole.

I would suggest just taking everything at face value, rather than dwelling on the minor intricacies behind it. It's not healthy, and only further depresses you.

Paid online is shit regardless of who's doing it.

Oh, I get it now. This is all bait.

Hope you don't have a PS4 or an Xbone. Switch at least can work without an internet connection.

Anyway is Meta Knight making a return?

I have a sneaking suspicion he might not, but hopefully it's unwarranted.

Meta Knight was confirmed a while back.

Really? I was under the impression it was multiplayer only. Would be cool to see them involved in cutscenes replacing Kirby, but that might not happen either.

Well that's good.

Yeah it's not like Nintendo does shitty things all the time or anything

Neat! I hope he's playable this time.

Meta Knight's been in (practically) every game since the anime made him a mainstay. What made you think they'd leave him out this time?

What you're arguing is willful ignorance to the scummy practices of the industry because "HURR, IT'S DEPRESSING". This attitude is exactly why things have been going downhill in gaming. Turning a blind eye to these people and giving them money is only going to encourage their shitty behavior, and if they won't listen to reason I'm going to keep my money and encourage others not to support the practice of "Kicking puppies" as you put it because I'm not a fucking defeatist.

You're also implying that this Paid Online is the work of a single developer and doesn't represent Nintendo as a whole. I really shouldn't have to tell you why that's bullshit but here's a hint; Paid Online, as something that will affect all games with online capabilities both present and future to this system's lifespan, would have a marked effect on Nintendo's bottom line. How exactly would the company as a whole not be aware of this, especially on something as important as their new-gen console?

Man, I wish I could be mad about paying 20 dollars once a year, so I can understand your Rage Against the Machine attitude.

You're the one who posted the "Just accept it" retardation in . Like I said before, when every system prior to the switch provided the online service for free, I'm not going to support them trying to monetize it. Are you going to give me an argument or are you going to loop back to "MUH 20 DOLLARS" again?

It's probably because of the 4 player aspect, additionally it's because of the Switch Pro they're gonna release next year

You could argue the same for PlayStation honestly, and it would have made no difference. You might as well just stick to PC gaming if you don't like paying a game company for a service. The money you pay your ISP doesn't go to them, so where else are they gonna get it to keep their servers up? It's just basic finances. Plus you're never gonna get them off their lofty back-up plan money.

I'm not saying it's not a corrupt system, it's just the trade-off is so meager that I fail to see how bad you really make it out to be.

Nigger this isn't Playstation vs Nintendo this is jewish business practices vs not being an asshole.

You need to hook the bait, not throw it in the water.

this coming from the cunt who cycled back to the "EVERYONE'S DOING PAID ONLINE NOW" argument even after being called out for it

Now you're just embarrassing yourself, Jimmy.

How the fuck is that bait? Every time someone's made an argument against Paid Online, you imply they're supporting Sony's brand of it as seen in , , and just now. Jesus, I thought people were kidding when they said Nintendofags called anyone who disagreed with then Sonyfags.

So did you all forget this is a Kirby thread, not a Switch one?

Any kirby thread that goes on for more than 25 posts without mentioning the magnum opus of kirby is doomed

Favorite enemies.

Is Modoki dead?

Development on modoki stopped november last year. I think the engine got discontinued or something.

If anyone wants to give it an actual fucking translation
wikiwiki.jp/airmodo/?��ȯ̵������ߤˤĤ���

Is it really that hard to make a kirby game in 60fps+? Even Mario Odyssey had it.

rollin

why's the text so tiny, is this a thumbnail?
rollan

I doubt a switch pro unless it becomes another ps4 pro, which somehow runs some games worse than the regular edition. They might release a switch thats just a console without the portability, but thats as far as you will see as a switch pro.

You do realize kikerosoft and even adobe and other software companies got the "brilliant" read "fuck you kike" of "subscriptionization of software on pc because of paid subscription, yes?

How does everyone know its frame rate when its not even out yet, and I do agree.

I got it from a different thread a while ago, so your guess is as good as mine.
Rolling for myself

Odyssey and the Switch were built around each other and influenced the design of both, Star Allies was most likely planned for the Wii U before being moved to the Switch later on

Do people actually play the switch as a normal console?
Who are these absolute plebs?

How the fuck can this even be a concern for a Kirby game? Of course it's going to easy.

Tell me about piracy & the Switch Holla Forums.
How is it looking so far?

Don't you fucking ignore my trips you sluts.

shamefur dispray tbh

custom code has been ran on it
that's about it

Flan Kiss is just one of three new lesbian priestess general waifus, and I say the more the merrier. They're better than little faggots like the alien fucker and the bug boy.
I like that they're putting more focus on puzzles and actually recognizing that the dreamland games exist.

It's why I don't and won't pay for online. That, and the fact that there are no good multiplayer games on Switch or anywhere, really, fuck multiplayer as a concept , but I won't let it impact my enjoyment of singleplayer games. Not playing Kirby because of something that doesn't affect or have any relation to Kirby is silly, in my opinion, though I can't say that I don't get it.

Reasons for stopping development:
1) Shift in focus to creating original games, not enough resources to work on a fan game like air-ride modoki as well
2) Moderation on the wiki and disagreement has pretty much been abandoned
3) Old engines like Easy 3D have gone past their expiration date and there's no guarantee they will continue to work on new versions of Windows
They'll continue to provide access to all of the versions released so far unless something bad happens.

This

I just want Rick back.

He is

That’s kind of a weak argument. Let’s say the switch’s successer comes out and has paid online too. Since there’s now a precedent is it fine?

Your trips have been negated you fucking attention fag

Haven't they just made progress? They need to get past Deja Vu next, but technically they have complete access to the console.

If they have they're keeping it hidden so far.
Which is probably a good idea.

does this look like a homebrew thread to you guys?

Does this look like a faggot thread to you

who cares?

daily reminder

You had too much fun with that, didn't you?

Though I agree, KDL3's Ado was the far better design, Shimomura confirmed van'd not dead.

Thanks for appreciating my work, user. I knew this place could have a good laugh. I posted this once on one thread in halfchan and I inadvertently started a war. Now their Kirby threads are full of shitposting.

You say that as if ours aren't as well.

We're capable of some discussion but they literally cannot have anything without constant Holla Forums autism.

I don't understand why people shit on SS so much, basically Amazing mirror 2, just without the metroidvania gimmick