Castlevania Thread

AoS is pretty good but it lacks the content of SotN.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=H6kqjf16fLw
youtube.com/watch?v=8ENmrNA6ifc
hooktube.com/watch?v=OPWuK0275Sc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh god my dick

Playing the Julius mode hack. Lots of little text errrors (inconsistant capitalization) and some serious bugs (need to use save states all the time because battery saves don't keep your level) but it's a nice thing for a playthrough. Does some pretty clever things with its story Julius has to fight himself as the Whip's guardian

I like the music in SotN more.

SOTN had this amazing diversity in tracks. You had anything from spooky mine music to classy ballroom music to sick synth beats to rockin tracks to I think a disco, to JUST LIKE THE WIIIIND

SotN has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.

I mean, AoS still has some good tracks, but it's pretty sub par in comparison. The gameplay was good, though. I liked that you could absorb enemy souls and use their abilities like some gay vampire version of kirby. Level design is way too linear, each area is blocked off like Zelda, you need to get a special ability before you can proceed. Maybe a little too much Metroid if you ask me.

AoS's gameplay flows well but the level design is poor and I don't there was another Metroidvania style Castlevania that really hit SotN's ceiling.

Is the hero alucard a gay person? Or does he eventually get a female love interest ?

Go find a emulator of SotN play through the game and find out.

That's how I feel. A while ago someone insisted dramatically that AoS was better than SotN and was very thorough about it so I went back and played AoS again, I ended up getting bored of it about halfway through because he was clearly full of shit. It's better than DoS, PoR, and Ooe, but moving to portable consoles clearly killed the series.
AoS is even fucking easier
Mostly just comes down to the items needed to get into the upside down castle (bat sonar).

AoS is just shit. Shit combat, shit platforming, shit enemy design, shit music, shit levels, shit bosses, shit voice acting, shit story, shit characters, it's just total shit.

The only people who like AoS were literal faggots.

You need 100% to find out, or was it 100+%?

Curse of Darkness is pretty underrated.
At least it isn't Lament of Innocence, and Hector was a pretty solid protagonist.
Wow, never thought I'd miss 3D castlevania now that there is no Castlevania, but I do.
Guess there's always Bloodborne though.

You're right. It doesn't have enough dead ends, useless items, or completely broken abilities; and it doesn't even make you play the game again but upside down.

It was a surprisingly good game.

Wouldn't call AoS shit, but it is overrated. The plot is garbage though, and I don't understand how some people think the plot is good. Imo, rankings for metroidvanias are SotN (obvious choice for best soundtrack and amazing customizability, literally so many different ways to become overpowered)>DoS (best secondary mode) > CotM (crazy amounts of content, but graphics sucked) > PoR (fun but a little weird) > OoE (really weird but good challenge) > AoS (bad music and plot, felt super grind heavy to get souls) > HoD (just… no.) Even though DoS had more grinding than AoS, I liked it better because I thought it had better areas, a better soundtrack, and Julius mode in DoS is INSANELY fun. The only game I'd really call bad out of them is HoD. Everything else i at least find pretty fun.

Curse of Darkness is great. I think it's really miserable that Konami abandoned the 3D route and instead did DS shovelware titles. Lament of Innocence was an interesting idea with some really bad execution, then Curse of Darkness recognized all the issues, fixed them, and made a good game, but it too had some pretty severe issues (awful level design), if they had continued the series and made another title in the vein of Curse of Darkness but trying to fix the level design issues it would have easily beaten out SotN for holistically best castlevania. Castlevania only lived so long because it was constantly changing its formula, it made a bunch of games in the classicvania vein, then shifted to the rpg-vania stuff, then it shifted to 3d, but instead of continuing the evolution it backtracked to rpg-vania and that ended up killing the franchise in the end because everything that came out after SotN was always compared with SotN and the titles never held up on their own. You could say that they tried to return to 3d castlevanias with that which shall not be named, but it was in a very dishonest, halfassed way that shows they clearly didn't expect it to revive the series.

I think relatively, I enjoyed it better than any of the DS games, but those are irredeemable garbage. AoS is just shit.

Ayy yo hol up. SotN might be pretty good, but CotM is just the greatest of all time. Objectively the best fusion of metroidvania and classic this world will ever see.

Fuck, that game is so good. I wish I could erase it from my mind and experience its splendor all over again.

I wish that instead of the gayass RNG-grindish soul drop system in most IGAvanias they'd take after CotM's class system with preset card decks and stats to alleviate a large part of the bullshit grinding. The only thing IGAvanias are good for are self-imposed challenge runs, like crazy-ass combo-heavy Richter Mode speedruns in SotN, but CotM is the only one which really plays on that idea of giving the player some reason to replay the game through bonus 'challenge mode' content instead of a loose unbalanced sandbox.

AoS has better gameplay than SotN
the content in SotN is barebones and barren. SotN is better designed
SotN has good music, and so does AoS.
Hipsters will circlejerk SotN ost, which is good and that goes unsaid, but they overrate it.
AoS pushed the GBA to its limits. Heart of Fire is a classic.

AoS is what every igavania should be. all performance. quality over quantity. SotN is barren, full of boring backtracking, slow paced, floaty. AoS fixes everything.
soul system is honestly better. i do like the familiars and the cozyness of SotN, but SotN is a (1) and done, while you will come back to AoS for its more fluid gameplay.

AoS is better designed*

I've been liking HoD so far, but I've only completed AoS and OoE so maybe my bar is just set too low.
Successor of Fate is one of the catchiest character themes in the series.

We are all praying bloodstained is SotN but with with no inverted castle and not as easy.

I don't think Harmony of Dissonance is bad, it just has a god awful soundtrack for some reason. Usually castlevanias have oretty good music, I wonder what went wrong with that one.

Circle of the Moon best GBA Castlevania.

This post hurts my feelings.

There must be some fancy aphorism about making a baseless general claim without even attempting to back it up.
SotN has more content than AoS.
You must be insane. That was not even physically possible on a GBA.
SotN was more popular than AoS. It was the most popular and iconic castlevania. How could it be hipster at all to like anything about SotN.
Yeah exactly.
Fucking what? It's only "performance" because it didn't try to do any of the fancy graphics effects that PS1 did.
So the game that people complain about having too much superfluous content which isn't needed to finish the game, has no replayability. Okay.

Forgettable music and the simple graphics/overly gray pallette made traversing the castle mind-numbing an hour into the game.

CotM has a lot of substance but with all the style of a dying cat in a wet paper bag.

SoTN has the most complete assets. Great soundtrack, great graphics and cool gameplay. The challenge can be modified at will, by self-imposed restrictions or altering Alucard's status via name inputs.
But AoS is definitively a must play.
Circle of The Moon and the DS trilogy are also worth playing, in the Igavania set.

Sonia Belmont from the third in the Game Boy trilogy. She bear a son that is probably Alucard's.

Harmony was good enough. Great controls for the character and great soundtrack.

Exactly. Not only in gameplay, but when Konami had the (future) Treasure guys working on Castlevania, the franchise was also pushing new graphical effects in every iteration. You could always expect some new effects on every new Castlevania games.

It's a kikestarter project, with a (now gone) feminist garbage that insisted on putting a talking meat as the main character, and that in the beginning of the project (not anymore) was being handed by some of the Mighty No. 9 team members.
Don't ever have hope for it at all.

Exactly. If i'm not mistaken, the soundtrack was not composed by Michiru Yamane, and it shows.

Wait it had sjws in the team?

When will this meme end?

Is CotM actually good?

It's the most overlooked Metroidvania game and we're posting on contrarian central. My guess is never.

CotM does a lot right, but it's so, so fucking bland. It barely has more panache than the original GameBoy games.

It's pretty good.

When you beat CotM as a Skeleton.

I don't see how. Off the top of my head I remember it had a really weird unintuitive card system that was so difficult to get the cards for unless you looked up the guide, and the cards where really unbalanced. Tanging from game winning OP, almost completely useless, to just plain weird. You might beat the game with 5-8 cards in total, but then as soon as you do you unlock Mage mode where you get all the cards at the start and it completely changes the game. The level design seems the same as AoS or any of the DS castlevanias. The only legitimate complaint I've seen is the art style is really dark, but it's always had this weird unique saturation that stuck with me, where most dark games are really desaturated or have high contrast (which CotM has in the catacombs. The very first part of the game). I always enjoyed it way more than, say, PoR or OoE.

What are the best character themes/first stage's themes to you?

hooktube.com/watch?v=H6kqjf16fLw

On it's first year, yes.
After the Mighty No. 9 fiasco, Iga changed the team and the developer studio. But they WERE there in the first place, so it is already compromised.

How? From what I understand the first year of game dev is so early in things haven't taken form yet outside of place holders that are getting swapped out anyways. It's actually kinda ironic, because I always see SJWs doing the opposite. Coming in later after the project got on it's feet then pozzing everything.

When you give the benefit of the doubt to projects that contained SJWs in any phase, you lose.
The only known issue was that the whore pushed for a woman to be the main character. But if they managed to push their failed ideologies so far as to decide who the main character should be, i am not having any hope for it.
They may as well have compromised the whole project and we will only be able to "know" when the game releases, which will already be too late.
SJWs were hired at some point, and that is reason enough to avoid it.

Pretty good competitor, but link related always does it for me.

Damn. I guess all the people shilling OoE on here must be SJWs too.

You're a dismissive faggot not even trying to entail argument.
Quality over quantity. SotN's content is shallow. Inversed castle was a vapid way of prolonging game time and the worst part of the game.
No shit that the GBA sound drive is not good. But if you are limited to only appreciating a score based on what it is being played on and not the score itself, then you are not a bright person and I shouldn't even dignify you with a response.
Does not refute that it is extremely overrated.
The game has the most outdated gameplay of all the igavanias. Furthermore the backtracking and slow combat do not entice you to replay the game for a long while. The only argument, for the sake of being unbiased, is playing as Maria or Richter, if you count that as replaying the game.

not Soyboy Richter is best Richter. And this theme is good

Nah, HoD is pretty bad, and the soundtrack is ballsacks with the exception of two tracks. One of which is (and that's a re-arrangement, lol) and the other is youtube.com/watch?v=8ENmrNA6ifc which is probably one of my favorite Castlevania tracks of all time.

That being said, the best Castlevania game is Bloodlines

It's the credits song, though. It's in the game. Unless I've misunderstood you.

Git gud and play a REAL Castlevania game for a change.

Fuck.

Now that's what I'm talking about

I do. Looks alright, honestly, from everything I've seen so far. Even if it's not something amazing, so far it looks like it's a SOTN carbon copy, and honestly, that's exactly what I wanted. However, it seems bigger, it has mechanics from the other games in the serie as well, among other things.

I usually don't have hope for new games, but this one, at the very least, looks like what I wanted when the kickstarted started, so I would only be dissapointed if it isn't.

rock fists isn't even the best glyph in the game though
Personally I think that spot is taken by the beam, though the max shot glyph you get from albus comes close if only it had a better union

Dipshit, Lament of Innocence is the sequel, not Curse of Darkness. Lament of Innocence was fucking shit.

Are you a bot? I thought captcha was meant to prevent this.

I will never stop defending LOS' and C64's honor

How does LoS combat compare to CoD?

LoS is a 3rd-person action game and CoD is a 1st-person shooter

Yes actually. Just play it already and don't puss out because you can't disco dance your way through the first two levels.

LoS as it's own thing is a decent series of action game.

Why do we need overbearing level designs and 80s-core rpg mechanics? Just give me some good old jump and whippin’.

CV64 is good (except for the tunnel and castle center levels), but LoS was boring and mediocre. Haven't played CoD yet, is it better than LoS or more of the same?

Any of you fags play Rondo of Blood?

AoS is fucking good iteration of SotNs formula
especially for handheld

Really good one. Especially in the live orchestras in Japan.
Another great one:
hooktube.com/watch?v=OPWuK0275Sc

Retarded derailing. Order of Ecclesia did not have SJWs on it's development team.
Women in games = okay.
Women in games with SJWs developing it = shit.

I still like Ayame's design. But the Rondo of Blood's one is the best. Pure shonen manga Richter.

Bloodlines is one of kind that should have more like it. The Treasure guys did a great job with this one.

Igavanias became the real ones when they became the standard.

Exactly. When SJWs got involved, you can bet that they have ruined things that we will only discover later.

The visuals for the foreground in the levels look terrible, and the game looks slow. That, and the problem with the changing teams and SJW involvement killed all hope.

Naively thinking that hard work will get him anything in a corporation.

I just remembered the goofy Amiga port and its Dracula. Look at that fucker.

Well, yeah. By the end, I think I fell into using the triplet of double beam, double sickle and double magnet-blade thing.
There's something very satisfying about spamming fists, though, and I think I remember those being a sizable jump up in power at that point in the game, at least to whatever I had previously.

AoS was a pretty good game but it lacked SotN's content and really amazing content (save for the inverted castle).

It was the first metroidvania I played and yeah the card system seemed odd at first, but once you got the hang of it it was really interesting. Pick one card from two different sets to make a spell, one would determine what vein the power was in and be it's elemental nature or something.
I was about to say it wasn't that hard to find the cards but I must have forgot about it when I got mage mode tbh. damn that shit was fun. I remember liking AoS a bit more at the time because of the story and it was a bit longer.
That card system though was pretty innovative to give you a lot of options without being overwhelming.

CotM has some cool elements but it feels like it's missing something.

That's not how it works, you retarded faggot.

Yes, good. Symphony of the Night is garbage and it's very telling that the only Metroidvania worse than it is Harmony of Dissonance. Probably because they were trying so hard to ape it.

What's with the commas in the furry's post?

LoS was a mediocre action game where the only interesting part of the plot happened in dlc. LoS2 was pretty, and improved the combat, but its flaws
were so much worse than LoS's flaws.

Yes, it is, torfag.

Then why was the last 2D Castlevania an arcade-style platformer (Adventure Rebirth)? Why are there nearly twice as many arcade-style Castlevania platformers than IGAvanias? Why is even IGA's, whose tiny yellow dick you love to suck on so hard, personal favourite game III and not one of the Metroid wannabes? Why are you so stupid as to not be capable of realising that SotN and its rehashes are actually a spin-off series to the mainline one? Fucking kill yourself you mouth-breathing waste of resources 69IQ cunt.

Recently 100%'d PC Engine Rondo since I've been playing it on my laptop on the way too and from uni. I'm probably going to go for a no death run on a new save now. I started SOTN again after finishing Rondo and I was kinda worried it might've been underwhelming coming from Rondo but holy shit seeing the jump in quality from 93 to 97 is amazing.

Stay mad soyboy. Igavanias replaced the classicvanias.

PC Engine to PS1 was a leap.

“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”
― Jonathan Swift

is there anything that has gameplay like a classicvania but with the exploration of a metroid? and I've just beat castlevania's I and III somewhat recently and am debating whether or not to play simon's quest. Is it worth it? I've heard a lot of bad things but is there a good translation patch you need or anything like that?

Any of you niggers have a torrent for the Wii Castlevania Rebirth?

They helped save castlevania but Rondo of Blood was a hell of a send off of the classicvania formula.

It was probably the best classicvania.
And it was replaced by Igavanias.

It was the swan song before Igavanias consumed the series but the updated moveset Richter had in the prologue of SotN really made me wish they had a version of Rondo of Blood with that.

It wold improve the gameplay. But might break it as well.

The speed he had in the prologue would of broke Rondo.

Only solution is to also make the enemies and platforming broken to match.

Then, it would need to be remade from scratch.

And need to be its own new game, which would be great.

I wouldn't be against a new classicvania with that move set.

Even better: Igavania Rondo of Blood.

Pretty much every metriodvania after Symphony lacks content compared to it. The game's fucking beautiful and STILL stands up to recent entries.

Circle of the Moon is good and is an example of a balls-hard vania that doesn't decrease in difficulty as you go on since the main weapon is only modified by magic and he doesn't get shit like the Crissigram. The protag has a whip and some card combination magic, and they're tertiary, and he relies mostly on sub-weapons like the Cross and Holy Water like a real man, and only has two moves with his whip, a straight hit and a circle whip move that kills projectiles and does steady damage.
That said you can still be super powerful if you experiment with card combos since there are three combos I know of that give him summon inputs, item crashes or a skeleton form that throws bones that might one shot every boss in the game.
It has a glitch where you can activate a magic spell and then go to the card screen before the activation stop ends and select a combo from there from the empty card slots, so if you know what each card does you can access all magic as soon as you get the first pair. Not intended, but I ignore it and just play through the game.

So close to being best DS labyrinth-style 'vania, but I think PoR edges it out on account of having more bonus modes and better map design.

What is is a good Igavania?

A wonderful big pile of secrets.

It looks like that because I directly refuted your lazily phrased claims instead of guessing what you actually meant and refuting claims you didn't make.
Aria of Sorrow's content doesn't have more quality, SotN has a larger variation of quality falling on both sides.
I'm not seeing it, SotN's weapons have alternate attacks, in this regard Aria of Sorrow's weapons are far more shallow. This isn't just a claim you can make universally, at best you can point out areas where AoS content has more depth than SotN's counterpart .
Inverted castle is a way of adding content while keeping structure, and created a lot of interesting areas where you got new twists on rooms that you were already familiar with. I obviously can't convince you to appreciate that, though. So look at it this way, you can say it's a vapid way of adding content, but development resources aren't free and you don't have an infinite amount of time, SotN's inverted castle was a way to make more rooms and levels which look far better and have much more interesting design than anything in Aria of Sorrow, without blowing out the budget and dev time until it turns into Castlevania Forever and sinks konami.
Your scores are limited to tracks like Castle Corridor at best and there's really not much variation. The composition may be decent, but the limited hardware means you don't get the same range that SotN has. You don't get Wandering Ghosts, you don't get Crystal Teardrops, you don't get Rainbow Cemetary, you don't get Dance of Pales, you don't get Tragic Prince and you don't get Festival of Servants.
But that's not what you said. You said
They can't overrate anything, because they don't fucking exist. And read above, it's not overrated, SotN's soundtrack shits all over AoS. It's a pointless statement appealing against the authority of people who don't exist.
What differences in mechanics between SotN and AoS are you talking about that detracts from replayability?
Aria of Sorrow has backtracking. If there's some particular element to the backtracking in SotN you dislike compared to AoS, you're going to have to specify it because I can't think of any.
SotN gives you a lot more options at any point in time since you access the whole magic rapporteur and transformations at once compared to AoS which requires you to equip different souls to get access to different abilities, for AoS, this slows down the combat. From experience I also find that backdashing as alucard is a lot faster than backdashing as Soma because Soma's backdash has more ending frames. SotN also has hearts and magic power as separate resources, which also gives you more tools to work with in combat without them competing for the same resource pool.

AoS's OST on GBA can't even compare to SotN.

Is it even possible?

It is, and it should be done whenever possible.

Isnt she pretty much dead inside?
Id be like lewding a lifeless doll.

That smile she gives at the end.

What are you even doing with your life?

Slaying vampires, what are YOU doing?

You think she can be recovered?

Via pachinko, right?

It's always satisfying to MUDA MUDA MUDA people. Too bad this game doesn't have any time stop like you can literally treat Charlotte as The World in Portrait of Ruin.

He's clearly enjoying life's great pleasures.

Pathetic.

With a fat cock

is that a fucking doll baby

As all women are.

It is the baby of a fucking doll, yes.

SotN's biggest problems were how broken the levelling system was and the second half.

here I made you something

You couldnt be more wrong.

No.

die in a grease fire, dude

I wonder if this is why it gets so much flak.

I'm so glad they abandon that idea and just went back to placing weapons on the map, I don't even want to finish the other weapon upgrades after that ordeal.

pleb.

Those were issues with the game that AoS couldn't have because AoS' level of quality and fun was too low to be able to make claims about how one particular part of the game was lower quality than the rest, or that the player's power scaling wasn't inline with the game's difficulty scaling. Those are things you can only notice and have qualms with when you reach a certain level of fun and satisfaction.

I've played it four or five times now and I never noticed on my own any issues with the levelling system, I'll go replay it now and try to see if I can find anything about it that actually detracts from the experience. Upside down castle isn't the devil everyone makes it out to be.

How about you try it with the forced level 1 savefile? The game actually gets an upwards difficulty curve that way instead of being able to beat any boss by mashing attack and tanking every hit come midgame.

That shit can't be real, it looks exactly like this meme

You fucked with the sprite. I refuse to believe that fucking thing is real.

I'll try that I guess.

Weapon combining is cool, especially using a tree system, it's just having the soul system based on grinding instead of something like Curse of Darkness where you have to do something or get the enemy to do something then use a special ability on them with the right timing to get the soul.

We really need a Holla Forums made game where this is a boss

rip RPGmaker game

What are you talking about?

Sure, but it isn't like SOTN wasn't slow, even when it looked gorgeous. The only reason you don't feel it like that it's because the sprites were just really smooth and had a lot of frames. As long as the gameplay stays, it shouldn't be a problem, and so far it looks like it will be as good.
There wasn't a lot of it.

Reminder Battle of The Holy is the best CV track.

Uh, good? The vast majority of Symphony of the Night's content is garbage. It's full of shit bosses and mindless level design.

you're a retard
People do overrated SOTN in this board
SOTN is the worst offender of backtracking and no quick travel. The gameplay is the slowest than any other game due the transformations taking forever compared to just pressing R for panther soul on Aria of Sorrow. You either did not play the games fully or you're extremely biased towards SotN and you're feigning ignorance.
Inverted castle is not frowned upon, but it is still irrefutably the lesser half of the game.
SOTN had subweapons. AoS and other games had the soul system. The soul system has more variety considering the large amount of souls compared to the amount of subweapons you can count with your fingers. The mp system is also more varied and allowed for different builds. in SOTN it is divided between hearts and MP. The animal forms are useless and slow outside of just an excuse for progression.
Aria of Sorrow's level design is objectively better than SotN. hence stated quality over quantity.
The only thing SOTN beats other castlevanias is on Soundtrack. everything else the sequels have polished and improved upon SOTN which is the vanilla design.
to be unbiased, the level variety design is also nice in SOTN. Shame the gameplay is very basic compared to others, along with the design of said levels.

and by quick travel i mean actual walking speed not Warping.

This.

What is every IGAvania, kek.

I disagree. OoE has great bosses

Someone couldn't git gud

I still don't understand

Too much pattern recognition bullshit. Goliath and Blackmore are the worst offenders in this regard.

dat irony

now post your castlevania chronicles 6-ALL, oh wait, you can't even clear a classicvania, lmfao

God damn Adventure Rebirth was so fucking good. Konami should have let M2 do rebirths of the other Castlevania gameboy games

oh that's not helping your case

Yay a castlevania thread! Lords of shadows is my fav. Can't wait for bloodstained lol :D

Right…

Didn't he choose moves randomly?

All of his moves have a unique visual telegraph about a second before he attacks. He's not that hard, you just have to pay attention.

How? Why?
Wolf form, backdash spam, gravity boots.
One tool of many you have access to requires you to actually invest time into using, compared to AoS where it seems everything is intended to be spammed as fast as you can whack the button to do it. You're confusing fast with cheap, AoS a lot of the game just boils down to mashing a soul ability as fast as you can to do as much damage as possible. You can see this by SotN's complex input for spells, you can't just mash soul steal. You can also compare the first boss of AoS with the first boss of SotN.
If you don't appreciate that upside down castle is good (but its only irrefutable because you haven't actually provided any argument to refute), then fine, but you have to at least accept it's better than any of the areas in AoS. If you want to die on that hill then I'm not going to try and argue on this point because I'm not good enough to reason you out of bad taste.
You're comparing all of the soul mechanics just to the sub weapons? Where do spells come into it? Where do transformations come into it? Where do weapon special attacks come into it? Where do shields come into it? Why are you comparing ALL of the soul system, to a tiny subset of SotN's combat mechanics? This doesn't even look like a response to anything I said its so out of left field.
That doesn't make sense, how is it more restrictive (and less variable) that mechanics don't share a resource? That allows you to freely use both instead of having to sacrifice one to use the other. This is directly opposing AoS, where your two active soul skills share MP so are competing for a resource pool. This causes less variety, not more.
Wolf lets you move around the map faster, fog gives you invincibility frames, bat lets you dodge telegraphed attacks by flying over enemies.
We haven't been talking about DoS, OoE, or PoR, we've been talking about AoS. Those are a totally different can of worms.

You're not even addressing anything in the post, you're just throwing out your shit opinion like you can stop anything I'm saying from existing just by saying you like AoS better because the soul system is really cool.

The show had some cool moments.

Those are the size of her head, shanoa is a skinny, lithe woman, get some taste.

Is there anything I can do to make SOTN and shit like it more enjoyable? Cause I feel like I'm missing something

W r o n g

I'm not confusing anything. Waiting there forever for wolf form to happen is just boring and counter-intuitive to the point of going fast. You are either dissenting for the sake of argument or just a complete retard.

Yeah you're just retarded.

Congratulations, you are one of the few blessed with non-shit taste.

play order of ecclessia
it's a mixture of classicvania and metroidvania with stages.

But your taste is shit. You can't appreciate a good castlevania. The castlevanias you like might be good games, but you're an asshole and you're only here to shitpost.
Is FF2 also your favorite FF and you can't into why people might like better FFs? Your problem might be autism. You don't have to be a jerkoff about it though.

You didnt even say what you don't like about it so how is anyone supposed to suggest a method to improve your experience or a better game? Maybe you'd like the 3D ones, like Curse of Darkness, who knows?

Correction: I don't tolerate Niggerashi's cancer.

Cry me a river, soyboy-kun.

Man, you sure are a cool guy being able to work the word "nigger" into someone's name, user. You don't look like a desperate faggot at all.

You've never played a Castlevania in your life huh.

What's the matter, user? Did I hurt your feefees by insulting your husbando IGA?

I only approve of the good ones, such as 1, 3, 4, both X's, Bloodlines, X68K, and Legacy of Darkness, which I enjoyed more than any of the 2D Castleroids I've beaten, all except OoE.

Wolf form it is comparable to panther soul, backsash spam is just retarded.

Die with your shitty forced meme.

I like that by the end of the game, there is a decent chance your Golem is more powerful then you are.

t. Soycuck

Where are you niggers coming from?

How to spot the underage.

Why are so-called "classicvania" fags such tryhard niggers?

You're moving the goal posts, you said SotN had "no quick travel". You can move very quickly around the map in SotN.
Did you even digest the fucking argument or are you just looking for phrases to yell about?
Do you have ADHD? That the length of the wolf animation is enough to ruin the whole experience for you? What don't you get about the idea that some tools are meant to be used at the drop of a coin, and that some are not?
You're trying to die on this hill and it's really not even the hill to die on, this hill is literally just "SotN has no replayability because it's slow", that's bullshit in two ways, first that "it's slow" is bullshit and the best you can get is "its not as fast as AoS" and I'll let you have that because arguing with you over things you've decided are axiomatic truths is fucking pointless, and second is that it has no replayability just because it's not as fast as DMC, which is baseless. In fact that's why AoS is so bad and why I get bored of AoS halfway through every time I try to replay it; I said you're confusing fast with cheap because by AoS taking the approach that everything should be fast to cast and use, nothing has depth because the concept of time as a resource doesn't exist.
When in doubt, claim bad faith.
Why even post if you're just going to say >well you're a smelly poopoo head every time someone says something you disagree with? Are you that used to living in a hugbox?

You ignored a good 95% of the post, picked nine words and then talked complete shit.