Best ambient vidya music

post your favorites

hooktube link here, I just wanted a nice thumbnail for the thread hooktube.com/watch?v=BwS056zXmLk

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=_OapHc1b3f4
youtube.com/watch?&v=BwS056zXmLk
youtube.com/watch?v=AQRH6kLMa1k
youtube.com/watch?v=utg1wmeToNc
youtube.com/watch?v=bmWbQTtt2dY
youtube.com/watch?v=PitfyNbb6GE
youtube.com/watch?v=TgQspLykHUM
youtube.com/watch?v=FpgKoJJKRXI
hooktube.com/watch?v=-L2vnCl-rBg
hooktube.com/watch?v=QX-hYRVCwDA
hooktube.com/watch?v=-dZVHbnEN48
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's a good one

hooktube.com/watch?v=_OapHc1b3f4

This game is just so happy.

pretty relaxing tbh

which other games have this kind of ambience?

here's another one from the older Fallouts

Oblivion, Wow, Arcanum.

And this, F1/F2.

I don't know why but Majoras Mask ost always makes me feel sad and happy at the same time, that game is not even a horror game but playing it always gives me chills, sometimes even more than actual horror games.

Has been a long while since I played Castlevania 64, but this theme always has remained somewhere in the back of my head.

ODST has some of the best atmospheric and ambient music of any game i've played.

Worth noting that due to how music works in Halo games the music can be confusing. They use a dynamic system to splice together and transition from/into small, 2-3 minute tracks of music that are designed to be interuptable and resumable.

So for each of these links, it's actually 3-4 seperate tracks, each being one of those mini splicable tracks. Some of them are purely ambient/idle tracks, others are "battle" themes to play when combat is triggered, others are event/actual theme music (for each link, an actual theme is the start of each video/music track befoore going into ambinet/battle themes and maybe one other main theme), etc. But ODST in general is a very moody game so even the event/theme music and battle themes should qualify, the actual ambient ones doubly so

youtube.com/watch?&v=BwS056zXmLk
youtube.com/watch?v=AQRH6kLMa1k
youtube.com/watch?v=utg1wmeToNc
youtube.com/watch?v=bmWbQTtt2dY
youtube.com/watch?v=PitfyNbb6GE
youtube.com/watch?v=TgQspLykHUM
youtube.com/watch?v=FpgKoJJKRXI

Also, even if you hate Halo and think it's casualized console trash; give them a listen. ODST's soundtrack is fucking phenomenal, and it's way more experimental a game then any of the other halo titles by a huge margin, being more Noire with some light Cyberpunk elements then space marine stuff.

STALKER Pripyat Day theme
Some Skyrim one, I think it was Dawn.

Always nice to see some love for ODST.

ME games do not deserve good soundtracks being so painfully mediocre as games, but I really like many of the tracks

it was a shit game though, reach was the last good gaylo gaym

1. ODST is great, get better taste
2. ODST came out before reach
3. Halo 5's MP and forge are actually really good, only the campaign/story is shit

To me, nothing will ever compare to the awesome atmosphere of Half-Life 2. It has some of the most alien sounding songs of any game I've ever played.

Most of these don't sound very ambient IMO.

hooktube.com/watch?v=-L2vnCl-rBg
hooktube.com/watch?v=QX-hYRVCwDA
hooktube.com/watch?v=-dZVHbnEN48

sorry that you have such shit taste

Explain why ODST was shit then, or why 5's MP/forge is if you;ve played that

Unreal 1's music was top notch.

I wish the official soundtrack separated the ambient tracks from the combat ones. I wanna listen to All Hallow's Sunset on loop for the sake of comfiness, without the super dramatic battle track tacked on.

fucking germans, how do they make their games so comfy?

Das breddy gud.

Do I hear some Deus Ex in there?

Yes, Alexander Brandon worked on both games.

The one thing Ubisoft always does well with is soundtracks. That always surprises me.