Darkfall: New Dawn

Hey user, so basically this game is one of the most underrated MMORPG on the market and it comes from an indie dev team. Basically you are thrown into the world of Darkfall on the land of Agon as one of the races in their territory. Complete a few quests which show you around the area and take you through a few game mechanics. From there the world is yours to explore, it is completely open ended with no themepark or hand holding.

Marketplace are local and banking is stored locally as well, players craft all items in the game and sell them via this market system or through trade channel deals.

Did I mention it is no limits PvP? Well, there is an exception if you want to stay friendly with your built in racial alignment, but what fun is that? There are Chaos cities and Clan cities to accommodate outlaws and race traitors.

Let me break down the races and factions, because chaos faction is pretty self explanatory (no faction/FFA).

You have Mercian (Humans/Normies), Mirdain (Wood/High Elves), and Dwarves (Dorf) in one alliance.
There are Mahirim (Furries), and Orks in another
And last but not least, the Alfar(Dark Elves/Edgelords)
+ chaos faction or FFA faction for race traitors and outlaws.

The game is very deep and can be intimidating for most gamers, so take caution if you are daring enough to give it a run through.

darkfallnewdawn . com

I'm personally having a great time playing and thought you would like it too, user

Oh, and players can form clans to capture holdings or cities. Than other clans can siege them.

That is one of the most generic names for a video game I have ever seen.

Fuck off

Is that all you took from this post? My typo?
that is know reason to be rude, user

gay

So how is this mmo deep exactly

A lot comes from the FPS combat and variety of skills, s-sorry user I didn't explain well enough.

Basically, you have to land your hits. There are blind effects, knock up effects, melee switching and archery play.

You can bunny hop to gain movement advantage with a few cooldowns.

The healing system is based around transferring of stats + heals.
Since you need stamina to perform all actions, there is a stat pool game involved if you are fighting a long term engagement.

Oh sorry, I forgot to add that the death penalty is loss of full inventory and items equipped..
So it's pretty hardcore and unforgiving when it comes to dying. Also, you can loot the enemy players you kill or allies you betray…

Are the furfags cute? Cause I'll try it if they are marketer-kun.

Sooo from left to right

Mahirim(Wolves)
Orks (orcs)
Mirdain (elves)
Mercian (humans)
Alfar (drow)
Dwarves (dorfs)

The art style is very unique to say the least and its somewhat gothic I would say. Really something missing in todays bright and colorful MMORPGS.

Did I mention the world is handcrafted?

oh god those faces why do you think its okay to share this

Because Internet is still the last bastion of American Freedom bro.

I'll take that as a resounding "no".

This is such low-effort marketing I feel kind of insulted.

This is pretty damn blatant, Its the kind of shit I'd expect to see on cuckchan

I thought the same thing. For a second I even thought the reverse, that an user is intentionally trying to sound as markety as possible in order to troll.

Wow, of all places I would never take hotwheels as a place to judge the content of my posts.

Good lord, Vanguard had better art direction than this shit.

If you want to shill at least post gameplay.

Are you even trying anymore? Check 'em

thanks for the memories OP but no thanks

I honestly can't tell if this is genuine marketing or some form of parody shitposting.

btfo tasos

ya might as well sage thread regardless…

Aside from calling hotwheels a place, there are probably 4 or 5 different identifiable red flags in the tone and style of the things you typed that make it STRONGLY reek of someone from reddit, or at the very least not someone who hangs around here. I won't tell you what those are because they give you away, and I want you to give yourself away next to you try to make a thread, but just be sure that it seems most of us are already extremely skeptical of you simply being "just another user."

oy vey my fellow 8ch poster, i am just one of you

Isn't this the game that's been re-released and forked into two different games?
Why does everyone think its cool to shill on fullchan now?

you clearly aren't from here, or at least crosspost from 4fuck
>>>/out/
>>>/4chan/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

Yes user I am part of an indie dev teams new meta i marketing, posting to autists in a hungarian bee keeping forum.

that's a cute Nanachi

where is the magnet link

s-sorry user, i'm new to marketing in this place.

He was being facetious.

Why haven't you saged this thread?

Cause shill-kun is gonna bump regardless, but I guess if you really want me to I will.

Why are you saging this thread?
In you go.

like clockwork

user you are filled with paranoia, why wouldn't i respond to a thread i've posted?
kill yourself

because as usual you as OP is a humongous faggot that is nearly HALF the fucking posts in this thread with almost nothing but shitposting coupled with anime girls on every image. Its like you are trying so hard to fit in but fail

Yet here you are, shitposting in this thread.
I have answered questions that have come up, but now it seems i have to deal with useless faggots like yourself autistically screeching about a single OP and OP's single thread…

How about no and you fuck back off to the used car lot, schlomo.

You couldn't be more obvious if you tried, schlomo.

at this point i'm thinking you're all shills trying to put down a redpilled game because racial conflicts are too edgy for your sjw mindset

Ok, ill give you suggestion and ill fuck off from this thread, If people are accusing you of being a shill or marketer don't fucking shitpost this thread into oblivion. Just ignore them and answer questions like

if nobody shows intrest and its getting sage bombed then bump the thread maybe ONCE and if it continues to be ignored/saged then just fuck off, you won't get anywhere.

you're a special kind of retard

Stop using retarded buzzwords.
Your game looks like shit anyways.

If he had the mental fortitude to either roll with it or ignore it he probably wouldn't choose to shill this crap in the first place.

everything is a buzzword you stupid faggot
go play some cucked faggot game from the industry thats sucking the life out of gaming.
fucking kill yourself please, gamers like you who judge on graphics alone are the cancer that is killing quality

hur hur others are agree with me, therefore im right
have a nice confirmation bias faggot

fml milk was a bad choice.

Throwing an autistic fit isn't going to convince people to play your game, bub.

yeah but it will make me feel better
besides low tier gamers like yourself aren't ready for a sick action based FPS RPG with FFA PvP and full loot.

What do you mean? Evolve had thousands of players!

Did you run out of smug anime girls? Here, I'll indulge.

This shit isn't even an FPS. It's just a generic mmorpg with free aim.

wew

nice try fagmaster.

excellent taste

no still have my OC

What? Yeah, it's FPS… have you casted spells or used archery?
Melee is third person and uses same system but pans out so you can see your characters movement.
And yes, I said low tier gamers
pfft, I didn't want you guys to play with me anyways

…that got their asses handed to them so hard in PvP by my guild (Blood, in Asheron's Call's pk-only server Darktide) that they left the game and made their own shittier knock-off.

If you played on Darktide, then you'd know that this is the last true PvP Full Loot RPG out there, so btfo lrn2bgay

How much money did y'all save for refusing to hire an actual graphic designer or animation designer?

I ran Blood's elite xp chain on Caul for 2-3 years straight.

I play a MUD where death is permanent so when I pkill newfags like you they usually never come back.

Teach me, senpai.

God I remember when this was the biggest name in vaporware WoW killers.

2-3 years then got diabetes had to play a MUD because game became too difficult, understood.
Obviously have too much vp to play a real game anymore.

Does anyone know an actually fun MMORPG out there?

I'm not you. Turbine released DDO to closed beta and I got an invite.

I like having fun.

Implying AC1 got difficult. Tell us how difficult real life is for retards too, please. for research purposes.

I actually run the AC server emulator now and make minor contributions to their github.

What was your name? I have lots of screenshots of our crew taking AB, taking Bobo, taking Kara. I could probably locate and post pics of Darkheart or Blacksoul looting and teabagging your corpses.

wurm?
Its somewhat ok

I've been keeping a lazy eye on Project Gorgon.

Who are you? Loch?

sad how they shut down the first ones

listen faggot, im just defending a game i love just like you would defend AC and i would too.

I tried playing that and the lag was unbearable
because i live in oz you see

Stop being a lazy niggerfaggot I literally just told you in the post to which you replied with this bullshit.

That's fine but you're clearly more autistic than I am since you haven't taken the hint that is this thread. Darkfall is shit made by shitty pvp'ers. I'd rather subject myself to post-patch UO again than join the Darkfall faggotry.

Totally understandable. We all hope it gets better (progress is being made, albeit slowly, yet surely). Enjoy the summer; we're at -10F today with fresh snow!

Loch was Blood's patron faggot.

Methinks we found a faggot that never actually played Asheron's Call. The Blood character was the fucking monarch. It had no patron. That's how monarchies fucking worked in AC. That's why the guild was called Blood.

Methinks we found a fucking idiot who only played the game for 3 years.

Run more.

AIDS

Here's a screenshot of my kill of the biggest anti-pk guild leader.

Fuck you for making me look this shit up. After Rak sold the original Blood account our actual monarch was named Bloodtide.
BECAUSE WE RAN DARKTIDE

s-senpai..

oniii, don't be upset

come play darkfall instead.

No.

Do it.

darkfall is a meme just like hellgate london
a huge piece of shit that gets "revived" every few years by a "dedicated fanbase", and no one cares

tbh i'd play London 2038 (it's in alpha now) before i'd play darkfall

I remember hearing about this game in development and thinking it could be the one MMO that I fall in love with, then most thought it became vaporware after several years, and then it came out to everyone's surprise and no one talked about it. What has this game been doing this whole time?

It's license has been purchased by two companies.
The one here is the newest release and called New Dawn.
basically they worked out some of the issues players had in the past and upgraded the new player experience.
It running strong atm and I want more new players to play with.

OK, I almost laughed out loud. Still, I'd like to know more about this game's history since it was launched ages ago.

Ah, I see. Interesting. Similar to APBs fate. Unfortunately I am mostly engrossed in KCD at the moment, but I will watch some videos.

So to my knowledge it was originally launch in 2009 and died out in 2011. There were major issues with the dev team and the company called Aventurine. Their marketing team lied to the playerbase and left a large group of "fans" eternally BTFO.
A new release came forward called Darkfall: Unholy Wars, which was sold on steam but was a complete rework and remodel of original game and vision, the "fans" didn't like this one bit, however some new players did join in on the chaos.
This game naturally shut down as well.

Here we are, two companies have the license, one is Darkfall: Rise of Agon purchased by BPG.
The one I am talking about here is Darkfall: New Dawn from Ub3rgames.

Rise of Agon version flopped as it catered to only "fans" of the game and did not provide much for new players to do while the return players knew where to go to max out quick and understood pvp to an artform.
hundreds of blood splattered replaced the noobs and only old players remain to duel.
Rise of Agon became DuelFall: Rise of Faggots.

Now here we are with Darkfall: New Dawn, who took a page out of the book from Eve Online with local banking and player run markets. This gave the large gameworld a purpose and territories no longer just a nice place to keep your junk.
It has a strong empathesis on crafting and pve/cooperation that other Darkfalls lacked.
Darkfall has always been known for high skill ceiling pvp with twitch based combat, however it was cruel to new players and pve/social oriented players.

Wow. That's quite a history. Impressive to me that companiea would still be interested, but I suppose there was a large amount of time and effort spent on it.

You forgot the part where a guy working for Eurogamer gave the game a shitty review after only playing it for 2 hours and then he got fired and became an overt Blizzard shill even going as far as to start his own PR company to astroturf for them.

I mean the game world is entirely handcrafted, so its a work of art in of and of itself, even if people like to bash the graphics. Personally for the tech granted the models and texture are really nice and the art is unique at the very least.

Haha, well I just got into Darkfall.. I missed out on the original but maybe with good merit.

Never heard about that story, so its true… shills out in full force against Darkfall?

Are you trying to turn me off of this?

I only want to turn you on… a-user..

Look up Ed Zitron. All his, ahem, resumes, like to omit the Eurogamer part but they don't leave out his work for other gaming rags where you can tell it's the same guy.

To be fair, I have stopped playing blizzard games because they become ultra monster consuming all of gamerkind.
It amaze me that there is known shilling, well not amaze me.. moar like i fkn knew it senpai

trailer.

Fuck off faggot.

CASUAL REEEEEEEEE

You ruined the genre of mmo for us faggot. You're the reason everything has a cash shop and has easymode casual jewry. You're the reason PVP has to have limits and PVE servers exist.

Get off of Holla Forums You filthy fucking casual kill yourself

I hate so much of who you are and who you choose to be. I will never meet you in my life. But i wish horrible things upon you. Im serious.

Kill yourself

no, that would be the faggots who buy that shit.

No, that shits has nothing to do with subscriptions or no subscriptions

you should probably go back to reddit faggot
Free to play is a cancer and so is paying subscriptions
Buying to play is pretty much the only good method of purchasing any game, it reduces the amount of third world players and you don't end up paying ridiculous amounts of money