What are some god tier input devices? This looks autistic but its great when you try it out

What are some god tier input devices? This looks autistic but its great when you try it out.

Other urls found in this thread:

ds4windows.com/)
a.co/fFNmLgt
amazon.com/gp/product/B075G1XPR5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/7584-Was-nudging-always-considered-part-of-the-game
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Keyboard and mouse
I have grown to hate analog buttons and sticks. Modern controllers have done away with analog buttons but there aren't any games worth playing on a modern console whereas something like MGS3 or Super Mario Sunshine had analog inputs up the ass.

Aside from stiff bumpers and small face buttons (which are honestly minor issues), the steam controller is pretty great once you get used to it. You probably have an IQ south of 12 if you can't figure out how to configure it.

Just keyboard and mouse isn't too good for games with a lot of keys to bind. You'll end up playing twister with your left hand.

Has anyone ever seen or used this? There's loads of women at my workplace who have these, I didn't even know they existed and it seems very difficult to use but they all seem to love it.

KB&M is great for platforming/emulators if you bind WASD to movement and JIKL to face buttons

What the fuck are you talking about
Keyboards are made for that shit. You have to be retarded to play an MMO or a flight sim on a controller.

I'm talking about FPS. Plenty of Doom mods make it their prerogative to have a shit ton of keybindings for really useful abilities or for quick use of items. Your hand has to stay at your preferred movement keys though because it's Doom and you have to move to survive.

How can this even be considered usable?

just buy a meme mouse that has 6 side buttons like the g502

What have you been using to play FPS lad
and?
Ever heard of modifier keys? Thief and Quake had those back in the late 90s. Almost every source port does too.

I'd rather get one that has two scroll wheels. One so that I can scroll through weapons, the other through items.

The G602 is a pretty good mouse of you are looking for something with 6 buttons, a good response time and a wireless solution. Has a battery life of a century, and the buttons are very configurable.

I don't even know the name of the mouse my friend has, but it's stupidly autistic.
I commend him for remembering all 40 of those keys plus the keyboard with additional 20 buttons on the left hand side in the middle of his autistic MMOs.

The MX Master has that and side buttons. Its expensive, heavy and has latency (as its wireless). Terrific battery life, ergonomics and productivity on that thing though.

ZDoom-derived ports don't have modifiers from what I can tell.

Hey guys :^)

You get used to tasting shit if you eat it long enough, doesn't mean it's good for you.

The ultimate poorfag controller. Probably the best 12 bucks I have ever spent.

I have that, it's been a pain to emulate N64 games since it doesn't seem to recognize slow analog movements at all, it's full blast movement or no movement, makes playing anything where you need precise aiming impossible.

Even as a poorfag controller it's trash.

Did you accidentally press the mode button? That swaps the d-pad and the analog stick, which sounds like exactly what you are describing (an analog stick functioning as a d-pad)

Nah, I've tried all modes it's not that. Could be an emu settings issue as well but after fiddling around with it for a long time itäs a no go.

What a piece of shit…

What do you mean all modes? It's binary, there's a little switch on the backside of the controller than switches between them. I have one of these and it serves just fine as a generic gamepad, used it to play madden 08 but had to fiddle with the game itself to get the UI graphics to show up as anything comprehensible.

my fucking brain hurts just looking at that

Yeah, there's the X-D switch in the back and the mode button on the front, I've tried all of them in different combinations, the sticks work just fine with, say, PS1 games and of course non-emulated games, it's only N64 for me. Granted I am using Project 64 which I've heard is shit.

Hey guys, what's a good replacement for a g9x? Mine's almost unusable now.

g502 is considered the successor

gamesir has better controllers
I only wish they still made the G2U, that little thing was comfy as fuck for such a small controller. Played the entirety of NieR Automata on that 10 dollar controller.
Pic related is their flagship you could say for game controllers.

ive only used it once, but holy shit does it offer such a good feeling once you've used it. you need to set the sensitivity high enough for the sliding bar to reach screen width.

also, ergonomic pads and the proximity to the keyboard is my efficiency wet dream

Keyboards are made for typing.

The wireless one is even worse.

can confirm. never spent money on both, but damn is it unreliable. buy a 360 controller for PC if you want dat ergonomic feel and proper stick placement

you're fucking retarded

total crap user, i even disassembled one of those because the quality of it was chink tier and i wanted to find out why the dpad didn't work since i bought it to play emulators on my phone, the dpad was terrible, the pivot is too tall and narrow making the button presses feel really squishy, diagonal inputs were ridiculously hard to register. I have owned several other chink brands and even a Madcatz one and the Dpad is always shit, i think they no longer care about it being used to play games and think its some sort of second class input mechanic relegated to menus and shit.
It was overall working decently outside of that and good compatibility , but no chinnese stuff holds a candle to a Dual Shock 4 which also works just fine with recent Androids, from 6 and up.

I have tried several Logitech's and they do feel cheap too but they work correctly at least, The wireless model is heavy thats my only complain, if you have never seen their internals , the dpad is really great, of course if you are no pad player you will never notice but it's probably among the best ones, no Android though.

Does DS4 controller work on pc? Been thinking of gifting my brother a controller.

I've used a DS4 for a while. You gotta use DS4Windows (ds4windows.com/) but it's perfectly functional once you get that set up.

It works better on Linux.

Maybe they fixed it in the new one, didn't think it would be that shit.
It wasn't half bad on the old g2u I had, worked flawlessly until the usb port became lose somehow. I expected that from a 10 dollar cheapo controller, but I thought they would have at least made things not as shit on their newest and "better" models.
Sorry you wasted at least 30 bucks on a piece of chintzy crap.

Really? I might have to try it then.

John Romero is /fa/.

This has been my mouse for like 2 years now. The touch pad is kinda small but the mouse/touch sensitivity can be adjusted through DS4Windows so it works. Best controller I've used to date becausr it can be used to play FPS (TF2, Doom 1/3, Unreal Gold and UT99), the touchpad allows for better aiming.

Steam controller blows.

For clarification: most other controllers I've used usually have an error with triggers (L2/R2) being detected, or the sticks feel weird for looking or movement. Never buying a logitech-brand controller again because of that. Xbox 360 controller was alright but it didn't have the touchpad. Xbox One controller's bumpers require too much effort for pressing the bumpers, plus I hate the D-Pad.

Steam has its own version of DS4windows for the DS4 now.

Blow your brains out.

Made me think of these.

That keyboard has to be utterly fucking tiny in order for the palms to rest on the pads, the thumbs on the "mouse" buttons, and the rest of the fingers to be able to reach the keys. It makes it impossible to be able to use the keyboard properly, because you have to angle both hands inward so they aren't on top of those center buttons. It's like the reverse of ergonomic!

i wanted that first controller but the import costs were too high

I wouldn't use it for shooters, but DS4 has a great way to use it - in games where BOTH controller and a mouse supported, you can use touch pad to manipulate mouse menus without putting down controller. Pretty neat feature.

The Legend.

These are what I use.

Just buy one of the Hori PS4 controllers. Seems be basically identical to the one in that guy's picture.

Wish the D-pad was a bit clickier but I like this one a lot.

Upon further inspection I'm pretty certain it is the exact same controller, just with a plain faceplate on it. It's $20 on Amazon. a.co/fFNmLgt

How's that tablet, I kinda wanted one with a screen on it since I think it'd work really well.

I just got it two days ago. So far I tested it out by playing DS games and osu! and it works really well for them. Next I'm going to see how fun it is to play the House of the Dead on it. Also it makes for a nice third monitor. Some might think that it's a waste to get one if you're not an artist, but I had the money to burn, and having a new input device to play games with seems like a better investment than getting a Switch.
Here's a link to the tablet I got.
amazon.com/gp/product/B075G1XPR5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this was one of the rare occasions madcatz did something right

Thanks dude, it seemed interesting cause I just don't like having to stare up when I'm doing my art, so I think something like that is just cool and the fact it's like a second monitor but compact is just simply sublime. I might drawfag again now with this bad boy. Many thanks.

I have the second one. Surprisingly comfy, considering how it looks.

It staring at my dick gives me mixed feelings.

Mah nigg

shut up nigger

mein nigger

1. DS Phat clicky buttons were god tier. I neeeeeeed a controller with it but don't know if there's such a thing.
2. Would a KVM count as input devices? And if so, will I ever find one that doesn't suck total ass?

If you're straining your neck looking at the monitor you're doing it wrong. They're super fucking comfy just at or slightly above eye level, especially when you recline.

CTHULU FTAGN

it's the same shape but it's just not the same, i want it to be the slime.
i have 3 really solid controllers already.

My nigger.

Only niggers fall for his tricks. I bet you haven't even seen the silver key either, faggot.

Piss off, this is a Lengese Moving Portraits board.

lmao art classes?
yeah you could use your back like a fucking retard or your wrist,

????
i meant the tablet

yeah
I was just calling the tablet a monitor because it is one.

I'm assuming you're one of those faggots who had to go to school to learn how to do anything with a pencil. I do use my back retard, what are you even on about, or have you never really tried to sketch portraits of people before, let alone landscapes, etc.

This website is for posting Tibetan PowerPoints.

a d-pad is infinitely better for platformers.

Reminder that the DS4 is a piece of shit and that the Xbone one is better in every way aside from the shitty triggers.

unironically like this controller.

Dpad is trash and I personally got some analog drift problems but then again the supposedly better gamepads like x360 controller aren't necessarily better. It's good because it's cheap and easily available at pretty much every store but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a descent gamepad.

Pass the controller thread?

Anyone who owns both will tell you the same thing.
DS4 is absolute fucking trash from the rubbery slippery thumbsticks to the godawful bumpers

sure thing bro here ya go

Are we still in the game?

Mad catz towards the end of their life were actually decent. Pic related.

You unironically like shit.

I wasn’t aware Nintendo had made so many variations of the DS.

The fuck is this for? A mech/tank game…?

Shit tier

Could you imagine walking into the cockpit of a starfighter or capital ship and seeing this shit?

I just want an updated Saturn pad

this is the exact controller that I use… kek

SIX SHIFT KEYS

u fuckin wot m8

What the fuck am I witnessing?

it's the best virtual pinball i've ever played

This is absurd. A general-purpose setup for arcade games in general, I could understand, but not this.

the wiimote is for nudging

I can't even tell, what Joysticks are those?
Holy fuck you absolute madman

ATK-3's
I guess I could use it for arcade in general, but I'd have to install MAME.

Whatever you say.

If it were cheating, every table would be bolted down.

That's like saying stealing a car isn't stealing because nobody bothered to tie it to the ground.

It's cheating because it relies entirely on your body weight. This is the real reason why video game nerds became fatasses, so they could gain a dishonest advantage over the good little boys who were too small to move the heavy machines.

Jesus
Still, that's both autistic and amazing user, good job.
Goddamn

pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/7584-Was-nudging-always-considered-part-of-the-game
Found the casual.

Argument to authority; you know my logic beats yours so you've resorted to fallacy. Didn't realize your ego on this matter would be so fragile. Apologies if I've upset you.

Look at this manlet who probably never played table soccer in his life.

I have those and always wondered why the 360 ones were wired and the ps3 ones were wireless.

Is this a new meme?

I remember thinking this was the craziest thing in the world when it first came out.

WASD are placed this way only on a QWERTY keyboard, the equivalent on this would be GFRT or MNHU. Almost any game will let you rebind movement keys so this really ins't an issue. The real problem is that the button layout which would be an ergonomic nightmare for games.

With all the new HOTAS systems and peripherals it almost looks tame by today's standards.

that might be amazing in Doom

Add an onahole and a true pinball wizard you will be.

Would it even work with GZDoom? I have a G27 and I wonder if I should try it…

If you could somehow have the brake pedal tied to the strafe modifier command, while maintaining turning on the wheel, you would have drift mode DOOM. I don't think that's possible though.

Did my post saying that chink controllers had terrible dpads get deleted?
Fucking Chinese imageboard,.

The more I think about this the more complicated it gets, because you'd have to have the wheel controlling strafe left while turn right. Probably doable with a GlovePIE script or something.

I'm sorry you cavemen can't not dig your nails into your joysticks and fuck up the rubber covers of your controllers. I'm sorry you don't like having a touchpad that also acts as up to 6 additional buttons. I'm sorry you like a worse D-Pad, along with tiny divots for your shitty plastic joysticks. I'm sorry you like the shit-tier bumpers that you have to mash into to get working. I'm sorry you like shitty, stiff face buttons. I'm sorry you enjoy such a sharp controller. But you're wrong, use the better controller: DS4.

t. An user who owned both and gave the Xbox One controller away

P.s. enjoying your VCR game console? Enjoying TVTVTVTVTV?

P.p.s. I don't own either console

P.p.p.s. I'm not mad Mom, I swear

Shit d-pad, shit feel overall. I got a DS3 instead and it was way better.

Fucking chinks.

Anyone know how comfortable it is to use joycons? Is there any software that will let it act like a 360 controller?

All around it's probably one of Nintendo's worst controllers ever made IMO. It was definitely not worth the opportunity to play virtual cow milkers.

Z-7900 mouse. I wouldn't call this thing "god tier" by any stretch of the imagination, but it has a shitload of reprogramable buttons, DPI switching, and good ergonomics. Mine's lasted about a year so far and has yet to malfunction. Not bad for just 12 bucks.

You'd be surprised.

Having your hands free to move gets rid of most of the discomfort associated with working out while playing. Otherwise they're nothing special.
What?

Most games use 360 gamepad drivers. There's software that lets a dualshock 3 inputs be read as 360 controller inputs.

Honestly, I like them, though I find them far more comfortable/easier to use when those attachments that have the wrist cord on them aren't connected. Those attachments just make the joycons too wide to be coomfortable.

Apparently, you can connect it via a bluetooth receiver, however it treats them as separate controllers so you'll have to wait until someone homebrews up a solution.
.>>14349536
I have the opposite problem, the controllers are too small to comfortably hold without the gray attachment

Hey nigger, you know how many of my friends were banned from arcades for that monkey shit?

And you, jackoff. It's called foosball, you subhuman. Half the joy of it was stabbing your friend with the poles. If you're talking about rocking the table that's a good way to get your lights turned off.

fat ds and vita fight me dpad should be goddamn industry standard. if it has dpad, use it, doesn't matter if it's a fucking microwave, use it.

Is there an 'official' name for the original DS's clicky buttons? Searching 'click buttons' is starting to look fucking pointless.

Ok i doubt hey used micro switches, so the click must come from those new flexible metalic buttons like on the OEM Xbone dpad, they are embedded into the PCB itself. Last more than the shitty rubber everyone has been using for decades, but once they break that's it.

So what you're telling me is I have no hope and I should solder my way to victory through 20 dollar Craigslists DS purchases?
Not a bad project, but it's Sunday and my arms hurt

If that had double Z button bumpers it would've been perfect, since I really dig the gamecube's button layout.

I have piano hands and don't gorilla grip
DS4 is shit, everyone that isn't a Sony cocksucker will attest.
A DS3 is superior to that garbage in every way

the ds4 isn't the worst controller ever, but it isn't the best.
Honestly my favorite controller right not is the Oculus rift controllers. They could have fit a D-pad on the thing and I could be using it for regular games. It's just so fucking ergonomic it slides right into your hand and your fingers rest exactly where they should

t. girl hands with double digit IQ.

Women generally don't work or do any sort of activity that gives their wrists, arms or hands enough muscle to support themselves, so those are a necessity or they'll get cramps and whatnot.
Also it's completely retarded to mix a pad with a tiny keyboard, because tiny keyboards are by definition unergonomic, nobody has t-rex arms.

Ok

The beauty of the durability of rubber domes is that the only moving part is completely irrelevant to the mechanism itself so they last a lot.
If anything, that sort of button is there to purposefully give a false first impression of the controller and make it last less, it's a genius idea from the standpoint of a jewish company.

I agree, but compared to modern first party and even previous first party controllers, it's pretty mediocre.

Tourneyfags ban M+KB
Tourneyfags and Esports are fucking cancer and on the payroll of companies.
Reddit plese fuckoff

There are many non standard rubber designs for which you will never find a replacement.
They can't use the official design because of patents so you end with every brand making their own and no one makes replacement for those, that is why i hate them.
If i only used official controllers, that wouldn't be a problem besides scalper prices for some of them but sometimes i prefer another brand from the official one.

Figure this would be a good place to ask since there isn't many good reviews out there that I could find on this but how do these stand up compared to the actual Xbone controllers for PC? I need a new controller but the boner is just a little too pricey right now.

I have that same one user, just make sure you buy the PDP and not the AmazonBasics one that looks the same.
It works just as good, no wireless though, and the buttons are a bit softer because they are rubbers.
The triggers are shit though.

So not the same as the actual Microsoft ones? Because as much as some people hate them I actually like how the triggers on the real boner controller are.
Thanks for the info anyway user.

No, the Xbone controller triggers are shit
Jesus lad

I'll let you use my god tier input but I get to be player 1.

Underrated

I bought 2 of these pieces of shit when I bought my new PC and holy hell do I hate this decision. Most games don't recognize them correctly and it's a fucking pain in the ass to program them alright. I'm not sure if it's the xinput wrapper I used to have in this HDD, but when it comes to Cuphead, for example, I can't navigate the menus with it.

I also have a PS3 controller with a xinput wrapper, mentioned before, but it's giving me problems as well, it only connects to the PC whenever it fucking wants to and it's the reason I bought the pieces of shit in pic related.

So what's an actual good controller or how the fuck do I fix the PS3 one?

What driver are you using?

SCP toolkit is probably the best one around but needs you to do a bit of a technical installation.
I play with DS3 at a friend's and we always had problems with the Dpad not being recognized in emulators or some games, until he used the above solution.

Also those USB controllers look too cheap, you got what you paid for, did you get their drivers installed?

Its a pre built setting for most 3rd party controllers that dont use xbox360 drivers. There is either a switch or a button combo that will switch the inputs of buttons.

ScpServer if I'm not mistaken. I installed it long fucking time ago. Problem is, it's like the controller don't want to have anything to do with the PC.
Don't remind me. And yes, I did.

Any idea what it is for Cuphead?

Kill All Whites, Niggers, and Asians. Your filthy three races are obsolete and you must all suffer and die.

u sound ZR-triggered nigger

Rip Track ball for a right stick six face button dreams

I beat all dark souls games with this baby.

sorry goon but you don't get to cash your $5 today

I mean its in the actual controller, not the game. Did you not get a instruction booklet with them?

ALSO
If you want a pretty good build third party controller, get a "ZD-V+ USB Wired Gaming Controller Gamepad" or get an adapter for first party. The ZD has a good dpad, good rubbers and it play everything with a 360 controller driver. I think they are 20 bucks on ebay.

Yo bro what the fuck pass the controller it's my fucken turn!

Welp. That's everyone.

Am I the only one that thinks that the samurai skeleton controller looks neat? (probably hurts like hell to hold or press buttons. Wouldnt mind having it in a collection though)

You cant be mad at this fucker. You just cant.

Stop kvetching, you fucking queer. It's just more shit to break. No thank you. When you grow mitts like a real woman get back to me.

swapping xbone sticks into a ds4 is the perfect controller when you can't use m+kb

The Wii U Pro Controller is still my favorite. It's got the best layout, the most comfortable form, and the best buttons all around. The only negatives are digital triggers (which only sucks for gamecube emulation really) and that it's wireless-only, but at least it's got a 80-hour battery life.

I got one of these.
I want to like it since it feels just like a DS2 but when I press the up button on the dpad sometimes the input is read as me pressing the left button instead. It really screwed me over a few times in some games.

It's entirely digital, can't be having that. Rather my elephant graveyard of HORI and Hyperkin pads. Damn shame, because it does feel good in hand.

How do you deal with the protrusions on the back? I have never been able to play with one of those things using anything besides a six-finger grip

It works for everything I play. If I played a lot of racing games or flight sims it would probably suck, but I don't, and there are very few other games that really need analog triggers.

Not sure what a six-finger grip is. I just keep my index-fingers resting on the shoulder-buttons. I've seen people keep their index and middle fingers on top, but I can't get comfortable like that.

I only ever use it for Dick Souls and Racing Games, anything involving a dpad I use a snes controller with an adapter.

Well, that's mighty nice for you, isn't it?

I used it for Nioh.
The dpad problem made me use other items when I wanted to heal.

Use KB+M

wew
That is stanky.

This is the final solution, really.

Well yeah, I can't exactly give anybody else's experiences, can I? The controller has weaknesses, but if it fits everything you need it to do, it's about as good as it gets. I just wish it was corded; I fucking hate finagling with wireless shit and having to worry about how charged everything is.

You could perhaps get outside of your wheelhouse now and then, and play absolutely everything. You know, give the damn thing a real proper workout. Or, you could just be a cunt giving blind advice. I'll give you something that fits everything and it's entirely analog, budy.

I'm not giving advice. I'm just posting the controller that works the best for my uses. I play a lot of games, but not a lot of them happen to use analog triggers. How many outside of racers and flight sims really require it?

Well, there are plenty other threads for your gayoff self, are there not?
If you are attempting to make me mad, it's too late. I'm cleaning a new "controller" and that is my Zen. If you are not driving when you are not driving and you are not flying when you are not flying, or damn near anything emulated that had analog gimmicks.

proof Holla Forums has no game

Oh, you're one of those people.
>>>/reddit/

What about Luffy then ? Are you going to use a PS1 controller now, cocksucker ?

So "I can't think of an example, but I'm going to try to pretend that I'm still not wrong"

What the fuck does this mean?

So pretty much just a couple GameCube and XBox games. I remember a few PS3 games used the analog trigger to control grenade throw distance, but then others used the gyro sensor on the sixaxis, so you're out of luck for those kinds of games too unless you have a controller with gyro.

Not having analog triggers is really not as extreme as you make it out to be. More games used the PS3's gyro than they used the analog triggers.

How'd someone get that much scrotal skin on a controller?

Apparently that controller was pretty decent.

The Hori pad was mainly best for playing GBA games on the Cube, which I don't believe used the Z button for anything other than adjusting some settings on the Gameboy Player.

Good luck finding one under a 100 bucks.

what a shit movie that was, it got the lingo and terminology dead on, but everything else was a shit
A SHIT!

This. Most of the people who don't like the steam controller just don't know how to use it.

I'd like it more if it wasn't linked to Steam. I know there's a standalone driver out there, but not all the features are done yet.

I'd love the Steam Controller if there was an actual fucking d-pad. It looks absolutely fucking useless for fast-paced 2D games.

Yeah that's a problem as well. Its way of handling dpad movements is strange since the touch pads are both just one button and the dpad inputs are determined by where you finger is on the dpad while clicking the button, or not clicking the button if you set it up like that. I haven't actually used it much as a dpad because the stick is much more comfortable, but I think I might try it a bit just to see if it does work out well or not.

lack of a d-pad makes it pretty shit so you're wrong.

Nintendo's D-pad patent expired before the Wii was released. This excuse has been bullshit for a while now.

Well, side-scrolling 2D games are useless themselves, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Not at all what I said, and I don't see how it's related, but your statement is indeed true.

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

Also, mechanical keyboards. Then you have a killer combo. The glorious clickity-clackity when you type, it's just delicious.

it's not a real keyboard if it doesn't wake up everyone in the house

Side scrolling 2D games are superior with keyboard since movement is analogue. You constantly have your fingers over left right and up and down and as a result can use them instantly instead of having to move your thumb across the dpad. you will also have instant access to 5 keys with your other hand as well.

Well that's one way of doing it I guess.

While it is trash, I loved mine because it was cheap and lasted for a good long while before it died. Right now I have an even cheaper, crappier controller in the duke design.

nah dude that movie was interesting.

Nice

Holy Dubs~ The only kind of game I cant play with the SC are arcade fighters, aside from that, it's a good enough jack for most games.

Huion 420 Tablet / mechanical keyboard

Your mechanical keyboards ain't got shit on me.

Much props m8

>

Those pads are trash, I've had 4 of them and they all broke after a month max of use. The sticks are ok for entry level if you customise them.

I remember that was a thing that marketers thought anyone wanted and every time my reaction as a kid was, "What the hell are you thinking?"

are you me?

here are mine. I'd like to know if there's anyone else who bought a Rockfire back in the day