Kickstarter

and another one bites the dust.
Did you ever used kickstarter? or are you feeling smug?
archive.is/jjf2e
nichegamer.com/2018/02/16/system-shock-remake-put-hold-plans-reassess-original-vision/

Other urls found in this thread:

kicktraq.com/categories/games/video games/
kicktraq.com/projects/891370763/new-and-innovative-darkrp-experience/
youtube.com/watch?v=HUArhjArumI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A tabletop RPG and a board game, satisfied with the gamble both times.

The only thing I've ever backed was A Hat in Time which turned out pretty well IMO

There should be more details about this. Was the scope of recreating the game unexpectedly large, or were they veering off course into making "improvements" to the game that shouldn't be there?

why am i not surprised?

No, that's what redditors are for.

Nobody told them to reinvent the wheel. Dumbfucks gave them shekels to graphically updated SS1 and then these cretins went and tried to make an AAA game out of it.

I feel no pity for them, especially since they hired a furry as their animator.

simple as 1 2 3

need more info on that.

Every kickstarter I supported saw the light of day except for one but I got my pledge refunded for the one.

The only Kickstarter I'm supporting that hasn't been released yet is La-Mulana 2 but I get regular status updates from that project and it's close to its release date.

what was it?

>Not calling it (((Kikestarter)))
Fag.
Fuck no.
Not really.
Just annoyed that people still didn't learn.

To this day i backed up 2 things on kikestarter.
First one was the darkest dungeon, game has its problems but i've gotten more than my money's worth out of it and quite like the final product so i consider that a successful investment
The other was dice for use in all sorts of tabletop gaming. The fellas running it realized they were out of their depth and refunded everyone

How can you be out of your depth making dice?

No, not really.

they were slightly customizable and i think that + the surprising adherence to the project made it so they couldn't get it done from the 3rd party they were hiring to make the dice

Well fuck,i had high hopes for the system shock remake,since i'd love to play the game without it looking like ass.

La Mulana 2

WHERE IS IT

There was an expansion pack for some game that I can't remember which was kickstarted, it was put out fairly on time.
My brother's the one who backs kickstarters like crazy, but he's lucky as shit, considering how most of them like Hat in Time and Night in the Woods, but only a dollar for the composer saw the light of day.

They blew all the cash on adding as many new sassy black women with afros, communist furry transsexuals and neon haired genderqueer hambeasts as possible that they had nothing left for the actual game.

Western devs. Not even once.

Game is playable from start to finish and they're doing balance and polishing passes now.

I wish I was smart enough to make money machine like kikestarter.

I refuse to spend a dime on a single Kickstarter project. I will pay for finished projects only. Time and time again it has been shown that promises are easy to break. I don't pay for promises.

is that you gook

It’s easy to criticize failure, looking in from the outside. But try to consider how hard it is to develop a game with an engine you’re licensing that already exists, with game mechanics that already exist, with maps and levels that already exist, a story that already exists, a devoted fan base that already exists, one of the most iconic characters in gaming and over a million dollars. It’s hard you guys.

Did they just take almost 1.5 million dollars and ran?

I'm starting to see what publishers have been so successful in this industry.

Fantastic.

good point

Oh well, I only gave them enough for a physical copy because fuck my internet. Feel free to call me a faggot I guess.

I don't think I've seen a worse attempt at trying to fit in, holy shit.
I keep seeing retards like you all over the board, where the fuck do you come from?

Are you retarded?

E-celebs keep giving Holla Forums more and more attention by making videos about threads here. So it reminds the cuckchanners of our existence, they pop up here for awhile, realise the slow boards can't keep up with their teenage attention span, then fuck off back to cuckchan.

So are you saying western devs aren't pushing obvious communist bullshit? Cute.

See, it's this asinine bullshit that makes you stick out like a sore thumb.
Where the fuck did the devs ever add transnigger SJW bullshit or ever did?
Fuckoff you goddamned idiot, you're ID hop is obvious as well.

Why do you speak like you're some catty soccer mom? Back to estrogenchan user.

Graphics fags like you are the ones hired to make games now. No idea what makes a video game good because you are distracted by shinny things like an absolute retard

Never.
And never will.
Those are all projects from failed workers that thought that they could create anything good by being in control without having the knowledge to organize a group.
That, and the lazy and greedy ones that always come along to parasite the projects.

This. Them being western "devs"(i.e, propagandists) is a red flag enough for people to never give them money in the first place.

Spot on.

Your problem. Deal with it.

When? Everytime, all the time. Western "devs" are shit. They are just communist propagandists.

This is what casuals get for not gitting gud and enjoying the original masterpiece in all its glory (without mouselook mod either, you fucking shitter).

It could be worse, I donated to scam citizen because I wanted to play wing commander with pretty graphics. $30 gone forever.

This

Welp, another one bites the dust, have some grotesque cyborg waifus

Did Broken Age (Turned out to be a fart in a windstorm, fuck Tim Schafer) and Gun of Icarus Online (They promised a MMO/Wide Multiplayer World, and pretty much delivered the same shit at the previous game).

Don't worry user, you'll be able to sell your polygons for money when the full version gets released.

I donated $100 to Dark Skyes.
After I learned it was an MDE scam.

I agree with what they said about losing focus and straying away from the core concepts of the original title, so it makes me kind of happy they were able to realize that. But yes, I realize that it ultimately means nothing until they prove they can make a System Shock game and deliver it finished.

It looked like it was going to be complete trash, judging from the demo.
Everything from the obnoxious "character object in front of the screen for several seconds whenever you pick up an item" to the music that plays during the part when you walk past a window in an attempt at building atmosphere.
There's no way there would be any reason to bother with it instead of just playing the original.

Living under a rock?

It looks perfectly fine. The graphics aged really well since its sprites instead of polygons.

How fucking hard is it to remake System Shock of all fucking games? That seems like easy work.

their headquarters is in Portland, Oregon
That should tell you all you need to know.

Look at the crypto scammers. Keep BTC high so trust remains, praise their other alternative cryptocurrencies and pump & dump them.

Kickstarter is harder to replicate since it follows paretto principle, meaning that the more popular it gets the more people use it and thus the more profit the company has.

No kidding, I used to think they were an evil and unnecessary middleman, now I see most game devs are simply too fucking retarded to manage a budget correctly or stick to a schedule.

a bunch of rainbow hair feminists, trans-dykes and soy-boy faggots? why can't they just leave our video games alone!

so they spent all the money on weed and vape cartridges?

They started turning it into a reboot instead of a direct remake. Glad this is happening because I love System Shock 1 and that unity demo was literally the exact first 5 minutes of SS1.

Except for all the pointless animations, the fact they were planning to change the soundtrack and even wanted to exclude a lot of the logs. The project is handled by Portland liberals, it was always going to end in disaster.

you mean you spent the money on daily starbucks lattes and subway sandwhiches?

I dropped $60 for a physical copy of Shenmue III. I'm just happy I get to see more of the story, I don't really expect much out of it.

I heard the faces are going to be Andromeda tier.

Are you trying to make me feel bad for my choices? Who do you think you are talking to kid?

So they're going back to something more like the original teaser? I can live with that. It looked way more interesting.

big surprise

what a shocker

Let us continue to reply to each other and distract from the purpose of this thread.

Is is really this easy to scam retards?

The purpose of this thread is to make fun of lefty soyboys being ripped off by conmen with nostalgia.
So we're the ones entirely on point, you fucking nigger.

Remember that kikestarter about the little girl needing money to make games because the big, mean hacker called 4chan kept bullying her?

I thought they were real because of how blurry the photo was but then I saw the monitor. Pretty cute.

Point to a time Night Dive did anything like this. Some of their "repairs" of old games are pretty shitty but there's been no occurrence of cuckery to my knowledge. Another shitty series reboot biting the dust is good news in my book, but stop spouting shit.

Okay, you got me there. As a reward, I'll inform you that I've also contributed to the following crowdfunding campaigns:
- Dems Fightin' Herds
- Afterlife Empire
- Urbance
- Bee and Puppycat

Do your worst.

Though I heard the end result was a decent fighting game even if it was originally ponyshit.

I've yet to find any problems with how they managed their ports to newer OSes. They pretty much take community fixes, remove the legal concerns the community had, integrate the fixes into the code and ship it. They even work with the guys who create those fixes in the first place.

yeah, there's tons of furry artists that are just involved with that shit because furries pay well for their rainbow dragon wolf dick pics.

I forgot about that, I really hope that one goes well.

Get out.

I used it and regretted it just about every time but I'm glad I didn't back this shit. So I'll be smug this time.

Don't want to frighten you but I haven't been able to contact anyone at all for an account I lost access to for some reason that was about a year ago.

post screenshot so we can billy you

Why do you give a shit? It's just a reaction image.

I love how you can pledge for X but then change it to Y after the goal is reached. Kikestarter also washes their hands over any guarantee of having a product delivered, please tell me again where do they find all these fuckers that keep pouring money in time after time?

I'm not even mad at you anymore user, I'm worried for you.

>a podcast (yes, really)
Turned out to be SJW male feminist ally soyboys.
Criminally incompetent developers released an incomplete product.
Renamed into Pathologic 2 after they hired a legendarily horrible publisher to intentionally ruin everything.
Kill me first and then Kikestarter.

Wakfu blueray
Im not gonna back a game or back shit by nobodies

Oh seeing prequel in the thread reminded me I also backed kazzerad selling prequel stickers and stuff.
i got katia stickers

Should've seen this coming since they swapped engines at least twice and each time it looked shittier and shittier.

People should have learned their lesson about Kickstarter all the way back with Minecraft. The original plan, outline, and ideas are completely unrelated to the product it wound up being. It was one of the first video games to be developed using this model, and it was a prime example of why it's a terrible one.

On the other hand, kickstarter is a wonderful business model for tabletop games. Having been a part of several, including the original Kingdom Death: Monster, I couldn't be more pleased with how well it works out, both for creators and backers.

RPG and tabletop projects on KS already have a finished game and are asking for money to physically publish the bits and doodads in the box. I don't support crowd funding at all, but this is obviously nothing like video games where the devs have three concept renders and a bag full of good inventions before being funded.

How pozzed is tabletop, seeing how every soygoy and hipster seems to love it?

Many of them pretend to love it because it's so easy to just hold a D20 and claim you're some lifelong fan. WotC in particular is fully kiked but that's nothing new really.

Pretty pozzed. Just look at the Magicgate debacle and the following autistic crusade by the slandered cispig that uncovered an underbelly of leftist pedophilia and sexual offenses. You then have D&D pozzed as well, the less said about Pathfinder and World of Darkness the better, 40k is going that way soon I predict. /tg/ likes to pretend things are fine, or that it's okay for things to be drowning in semen infested AIDS because they can just scrape it off and pretend it's not there, but we all know that never works.

Not as bad as video games, but they are doing their damnedest to catch up. Tabletop gaming covers a lot of ground, and like video games there are plenty of places that they'll never tread (wargames especially, but extremely heavy games are still the norm.)
The biggest threat right now is that a direct analog to EA (Asmodee Editions) that's currently being piloted by an (((investment firm))) is buying up every other publisher, raising prices, and readying the poz.
Really though, it's the tail end of a golden age for the hobby, as long as you stay away from train wrecks like Magic the Gathering (SJWs everywhere, pedophiles employed and protected) and most newer editions of RPGs.

It's difficult for (((the enemies))) to gain ground in tabletop gaming, and it's easy for you and your friends to keep them out. But by god they're trying.

If only that was the case. It only takes one of them to smell pussy for everything to go up in flames. Suddenly creepy flirting in-character is a thing, trannies are popping up everywhere, crusades in the name of female rights are launched and your paladin's well meaning demands to "burn the cunt on a pyre" are met with open hostility and tantrums.

Can someone give me list of largest/most loud (((Kikestarter))) scams?
I need it for something.

Not my fault that you can't sit down with your friend-turned-cultist and tell him that he's a problem and isn't invited back. That's what you have to do with That Guy.

Money into Shantae: HGH. It feels unfinished but it wasn't the worse thing I could have gotten.

Kazarad just used the money for the actual prints. But he got way too many request and subsequently printed more stuff so he had to do a second sale. And Ankama have a CV to show.

Do you think he'd take my side when I call his girlfriend a fat, screeching harpy that needs to fuck off? It's not like it is easy to find people willing to play that aren't completely susceptible to the rot and m'ladying at the slightest provocation.

Clean your keyboard. I can smell the dusty cheese from here.

You need the rest of the group on your side, not him. Like I said, this isn't a problem with tabletop games at all, it's a problem with your friends. ANYTHING that you do with those two will involve the exact same problems and annoyances. The problem with tabletop gaming is when designers and publishers encourage this behavior, something that's mostly self contained within the shitty newest versions of big name cancer games.

No, the problem is precisely with Western nerds and geeks. I've observed their behavior for quite a while, and the easiest way to illustrate just how completely corrupted they have become is with female characters.

Take Japan or China, male audiences will throw a complete shitfit if a female character is shown to be used goods, or even if the mere implication is hinted at. Western nerds? They go out of their way to create female characters that are used up whores with a thousand cock stare and the personality of a rabid Rottweiler. Why would a sane audience want that in their escapism? Hell, it's not even the professionals that create content that do it, but even random blokes running their own quests that go out of their way to make female OCs into "real women". There is little hope to put a stop to the pozz with such an audience.

I don't seem to be encountering the same problems as you when playing 2nd edition D&D with my friends.
I'm not suggesting that the poz is not there. I'm only suggesting that you, yourself, are not doing nearly enough to combat it in your own personal life.

You were talking about them particularly?
In that case, it is even simpler: they are using kikestarter, so they should never be trusted nor given the benefit of doubt.

Reason enough to murder them.

Reminds me of how hollywood is so unbelievably inept that they can't even do remakes without completely fucking them up. They have budgets in the tens of millions, sometimes hundreds, far far larger than the original by an obscene amount, yet they still fail. They have all the elements they need sitting right there in front of them and all they can do is produce complete, pure, unmitigated shit. How. How do you fuck up that bad when you have a cheat sheet with all the answers right next to you the entire fucking time?

It's not just my friends, faggots though they may be, but with Western audiences in general. When was the last time Western nerds set merchandise on fire in front of the publisher's office because a waifu was hinted not to be pure? When did they send death threats to the author for trying to pull shit like that off?

Look at any story written in the West. When was the last time it actually featured an idealized female, the kind men dream about? It's always the next push towards a more "realistic" portrayal of females.

That's the easy part, what do I do with seven bodies? The girlfriend counts for two, she's goddamn fat.

Failing would imply they tried in the first place.

Wait until Ready Player One comes out. Then we'll achieve the fecal singularity.

I mean that's true enough, but as I keep saying, your ability to choose the company that you keep means that you have the power to completely remove that kind of garbage from any game you play.
Fortunately, most of the problems in that industry fall 100% within the realm of Tabletop RPGs (which fit with the SJW modus operandi of games that can be heavy on storytelling with greatly deemphasized, easy mode combat) and games like Magic, where money is power and no thought is required once the deck is made.
Much like video games, once you escape the shallow plebeian layer of your Call of Duties and your Skyrims, there's a large hobby underneath with much better games and none of the bullshit.

It's not our problem. Dont lower your standards for companies like these, its cancer.

Murder the whale and burn the body. Destroy the face, especially the teeth, by crushing them into dust.
The betas won't change, but they can be oppressed. The whale is the main problem. Get hid of it and others won't come close to your group.

Anybody who funds things on Kickstarter is worse than pretards. If developer doesn't even know where to get money, how can you trust them to use yours?

Stop moving the goalposts nigger

Is this now a buzzword in failed kickstarters to says "I fucked up."

Everything said by rejects that try to steal money via kikestarter is done to hide a fuck up.

Divinity OS1 and 2
Time Ghost (video series on WW2 by the Great War people on youtube with a bunch of help from other history channels)

Both seem to be turning out bretty well.

kickstarter idf is out in full force today

No it was an issue with you scamming people. Right now this fucker would be in prison or homeless if he tried to fuck bankers or investors this way.

"Hey you know the game you paid us to make, well we decided to make something else and it didn't work out. Sorry."

Any backer should be pissed at this point. As to whether I've backed anything, a few projects with only one disappointment which was the Grimrock movie. CEO ran with the money and the staff who owned shares outed his ass and dumped the shares. Later they sent out a copy of the script. This manga localization probably isn't going to happen. Namely because of the other backers. Dev goes: Hey the artist that was supposed to make the cover isn't returning calls should I keep trying to get ahold of him or contact someone else." Uh duh contact someone else. Yet the majority was like no just keep trying. I fucking hate other backers for this.

The others have turned out more or less as anticipated. It's just a matter of don't back edgelord project or projects from companies without a plan or reputation.

No and yes.

If you ever donated to crowdfunding shit, you deserve to get ripped off at this point. If anyone here had any doubts that even one of these Looking Glass comeback projects wouldn't get fucked, you've successfully deluded yourself.

Only Kickstarter games I've ever backed were Shovel Knight and Darkest Dungeon. Needless to say I am happy with my donation.

Color me surprised.

I fucking backed starbound
At night I lie awake and think of this failure

I don't have a problem with Kickstarter, but you could see from the videos they released that the game was looking like proper shit.
Missed the feeling of the original entirely and replaced everything with horrible 3D models and clunky animations

that's nothing, I actually got kiked into backing mighty no 9
JUST

I'm glad I never liked MegaMan. Saved me a lot of trouble and gave me several months of laughs instead.

The real question is did you back another project since then? If so, you're fucking cancer that should kill themselves.

wait a minute… did they hire that one artist that made porn for that shitty sex toy comic?

No you fart huffing cock worshipper have you ever played starbound? It has 10% of their promised content in it and is unoptimized to shit. I learned my lesson believe me

oh god i bought strife and system shock.
i mean it was less than 5 bucks but i still feel upset.

I don't understand the point of backing a kikestarter. Think about it, if the game turns out to be good, then you can easily buy it after it's complete, and if it's bad, you just dodged a bullet. The only thing you're missing out on is, at best, closed beta access, a shitty t-shirt and a poster. Is that really worth making the most idiotic consumer decision you possibly could?

The series of LOL fetish comics? It looks kinda like it. The style might be generic enough, but the muted pastel color palette makes it look very similar.

I'm not fucking mad you're mad

I heard this project was full of lefties. They can't manage money so it makes sense.

It's kosher money for "I got yo money, fuck you goy".

well if you don't back it there is a chance it wont ever get made. On the other hand if it gets funded it might still not get made.

On the subject of nightdive studios though I have played their ports of turok and I really wanted to support them monetarily (pirated both ports) but considering everything in this thread I would rather not. I still hope they do a port of all the other turok games though.

I backed Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, and Bard's Tale for about $20 each, just enough to get digital copies upon release. Pillars of Eternity was really mediocre and bland, Wasteland 2 was outright buggy shit, and I don't even care about the Bard's Tale game at this point. I don't regret the pledges since it wasn't much money, but it certainly wasn't a good use of my money, in hindsight. I haven't backed any Kickstarter projects since then and don't plan to.

The reason I backed the three Kickstarter projects I mentioned above is because I liked the developers (Obsidian, specifically) and I wanted to help them make good games that wouldn't exist without crowdfunding. Anti-publisher sentiment plays a role, too, I think.

The main issue I have with it all is the cocksuckers have still yet to release the source code for the original game even thought the donation amount has long since been met for it.
I don't care for the remake or 3 because it's guaranteed to be ass, do at least one thing right and release the fucking source code you soy fuckers.

What a cheeky fucker. Even though this guy has been ripped off he still found it within himself to make such a wonderful quip in his comment under the kikestarter post.

This, Shantae and Kingdom Come were the ones I backed. 2/3 isn't so bad, and I only did enough for a copy of the game anyway. It does dissapoint me however; I would have liked a "SS1 but with tweaked appearence" like the concept art in that last backer video. Same layout and stuff as SS1, but not just a "runs in higher res" release because we have about three fucking versions of the original for that.

There's little reason to give them money regardless because the moment a bigger group of retards shows up they'll abandon you faster than you can say "encore".

In reality, funding a kikestarter project is nothing more than paying to watch trailers.

Every single time: western and failed dev is also a liberal.
We can even make it easy to identify failed projects before they even start: look for who is working on the project. If it is a liberal, it will fail. Always.

Best shock game coming tru

That's intentional, kiddo. Ruining the past is what they do.

This.
The goal of remakes is for untalented hacks to put their (((version))) in evidence for newer audiences, so those audiences don't know about the classic and better versions, and thus, have only the hack's version as a basis for what they watch/play.

Unless it's Blizzard that is. They're too entrenched in Hollywood and the South Korean government to fail.

Oh will you fuck off, you Holla Forums tier retarded conspiricists.
Hollywood is shit because millenials are getting writing positions and good plot is often "offensive" to many.
Movie theatres are dying out, holly wood trash gets worse and worse.
That's a good thing, because then celebs and the retarded culture around them can also die.

did you get your vidya box that needed to be assemble by you?

Wakfu
the 3 shadowrun games
the gamergate game (not kickstarter)
Infinity (I used to play the prototype, was rad)
I'm alright

Would you like to read the roster of any kikewood movie? I assure you that it will read like Tel Aviv's phonebook, newfag. The more pozzed, the more kikes in the roster. Prove me wrong.

Its not a conspiracy theory that people more interested in making money than a good product are prone to remaking successful existing IPs that are "guaranteed" to make money. It's also no secret that the end product of remakes is usually terrible.
I could go on but its not worth the effort.
Normalfags dont learn history, and they don't look at old versions, thats part of why they're normalfags, fucking Prussian education system graduates.
It's not even a Holla Forums matter except for the fact that the majority of people doing it are leftists and jews.

I think that's overselling it. Y'know what the bad reputation that HD texture packs have? What HD texture packs are to a game's textures the Unity SS1 remake was to the entirety of the game.

No. is an edit with the heads of the character from that comic swapped in.

System Shock Infinite has been on my backlog since it came out. I don't really know that much about it, though, sorta wanting to go in blind. … can you assure me that it doesn't pull any of the shit Bioshock Infinite pulled?

What are you even saying you retard?
There are a lot of Jews in Hollywood? And that the Jews are biggest players in hollywood? Which means they would be the ones with the money to purchase IP's to only higher diversity highers and retards that make a shit movie that fails to sell?

You know Scarface, the John Carpenter's The Thing, and True Grit are also remakes.
Things by nature aren't by default bad when it comes to entertainment as long as its done right.

Ah gee thats great user but what remakes these days are doing it right?

No again, because they focus on diversity hires, SJW plot, millenial writing, and retarded priorities on top of marketing over content.

These are all things I had to deal with slowly growing over the last 20 years, since the early 90's and I'm happy as shit the cancer has grown so much that its killing the Hollyweird.
I want to see celebs on the street sucking cock for botox.

Fuck you and the other fags, using the inexperience to spread negativity when people should be seeing the beauty of Cancer going terminal and killing the faggots pushing it.

Can we all finally admit /tg/ is literally Reddit: The Board?

That name fits better for Holla Forums. What's even the problem with /tg/?

How about you go there and see for yourself?
Just take one look at the front page and you’ll see what I mean.

Looks fine to me. What exactly is your problem.

I don’t need to explain shit to you.

No, but I did something similar with Starbound. That was my one and only lesson in these stupid crowdfunding scams. Thank goodness it was only one lesson.

i both dread and am looking forward to the day

I have go there in different occasions and yet I fail to see the problem, it just seems like a normal board

Wow user, you make a very compelling argument. I can totally see your point of view with all the details you have given me.

Don't just come in here shouting reddit and then puss out when someone wants to know why.

What does reassess the original version even mean?

Blizzard is a fucking magnet to Communist faggots.

I think I've seen this faggot post about /tg/ other times.
I don't know what his problem is with them.

SS3 is an actual thing with big bucks behind it if you didn't know.

Yeah yeah suck me off,it looks like unbearable ass to me

Of course that explains everything. Trump curse strikes again.

FUCKJ

It's fan fiction with alternate worlds in system shock

And they are failing. No amount of shills will prevent their fall.

Goon spotted. Used the pol card.
Hollywood is a marxist propaganda machine run by deformed kikes.
The shittiest scenario for companies and industries like that is always the best one for us.

In the present situation, yes, they are.

Which is reason enough to infiltrate them or to raise awareness to their normalfags so they stop wasting money on any products from those companies.

Big mistake. Kickstarter rarely if ever delivers on spiritual successors, what makes you think they can pull a remake off especially if it's a much loved and quality game? The only good remake that comes to mind is Neptunia Re;birth 1 and that's because the original was deeply flawed in its gameplay.

The original movies for those three you listed weren't good in the first place. That's why you don't see people remaking The Godfather or The Wizard Of Oz

You don't know shit about cinema. Hollywood enters a phase of remakes every about 20 years. It started with movies being remade with audio, then in color, then in big bux mode and finally now with the progressives market.

What do you think will be the next phase?

niggers (with occasional token jew) roleplaying white man's history and more racemixing themes

That's the current phase.

Pitchforks and torches.

wew
another case here

I sure am glad Kikestarters aren't relevant anymore. Nobody ever talks about a new "crowdfunded" game or anything anymore out of fear of being called a soy-drinking, Reddit-lurking cocksucker.

I think the trend pretty-much died in late 2015, when Broken Age was released, sucked ass (not a huge surprise at that point), and it was very-clear that Mighty No. 9 and Shenmue III weren't going to amount to anything worthwhile, and serious doubt began to fall on Yooka-Laylee and Bloodstained (and was very-much warranted, in the former's case).

At this point even Normalfags are well-aware that Kickstarter is a scamming business and don't want to talk about it anymore. There were rare exceptions when devs could get away with it AND put out an actually-decent game, but in most of those cases they already had much of the work done and used it as basically a donation platform to fund the game's distribution.

These days there's no way in fuck you could get away with funding a game through Kikestarter. The novelty's worn-off, there's tons of horror stories from past failures, and not even normal fags are dumb enough to get fooled again. The jig is up.

(Checked)
I enjoy looking through failing projects using kicktraq
kicktraq.com/categories/games/video games/
Look for projects with a low funded percent (most of them) if you want a laugh. As you go through the pages you'll see it's a sea of red and delusion.

kicktraq.com/projects/891370763/new-and-innovative-darkrp-experience/
my fucking sides

Amazing.

While I am aware devs still think they can get away with it the results they get these days are amusingly-laughable.

webm-related is the current reaction to any of these fuckers when journo hack frauds try putting them in our faces.

I still have hopes for bloodstained
I don't think it will be as good as Order of Eclessia, but i think it will be enjoyable and still worth playing.

Yeah, it will likely be okay, but the engine switch and involvement of a big third-party publisher right-after E3 2016 are huge red flags. I hope the best for it but I'm also not going to bet everything on it.

I was the programmer for a failed patreon game a few years ago. The guy running it switched out contract artist after contract artist, basically paying them nothing for mass produced vector art. I completely forget the name, too, but I'm sure I'll come across it one day.

Very smug, although it's a bit sad. Poor SHODAN,

Checking these sinful trips.

It was even better before but these days the number of projects has fallen quite a lot. Kikestarter hides failed / failing / embarrassing projects so searching for different things on that site often gets more results.

(Checked)
Back in the day most people asking for hundreds of thousands or even millions.

A lot of them are left-leaning kool-aid drinkers. Considering that they are stationed in Portland, I would not be surprised if they put more effort into their activism than game development.

I think a good way to do this is to perform a 1:1 port with old assets, later improving it from there

I backed something called Ghost Song Dev still does updates, but hes late as fuck on delivery.

It's like wanting to flush your money down the toilet.

Its probably NiceDaemonette

You don't mean that horsefucker dating sim that was a thing in 2013 or so?

I do.

You forgot

Fuck lad, why?
Everyone on /mlp/ was up in arms over that faggot Sam running a scam, why would you contribute to that?

I am not a gambling man because I know the house always wins.

Im right now playing a game where a fantasy byzantine empire is genociding all non-humans, dont throw the whole hobby into the same basket.

Kickstarter seems to only work for /tg/.

I kickstarted Wakfu and Divinity OS 2. I am more than happy with my investment.

Wow, oh my gosh, such a big loss, oh no!

Historic crowdfunding produced lemons like the DMC-12 and Tucker 48, it's funny that people never seem to learn. Even worse is that making cars actually is a serious challenge compared to making a simpler video game, and they can't even get that right.

Every time I hear someone talk about kickstarter I try to talk them out of it. They've always fucking made up their minds though and have completely bought into it hook line and sinker regardless of what I say or how many cases of dud projects I throw at them. It's fucking disgusting. Then every time they completely forget about what they've backed and when it comes out they can't remember why they were so hyped in the first place, let alone how much they spent. Then they're landed with this piece of mediocre at best garbage that they don't even really want and promptly trash it. Does this stop them from backing something else? Who fucking knows? The kind of people that get suckered into paying for a product before it's even left development are the same people who don't think enough to care what happens in the end - ie: shit investors.

That said the only early access game I've bought was minecraft back in the alpha days which I definitely got my 15 bucks of fun out of and the only game I was so hyped for that I bought on release was cubeworld and that was a fucking huge mistake. Once was enough for me to learn my lesson about that though. Now I don't even bother pirating day one. Leave everything a month or so for the first half dozen patches to go live then pirate and buy if it's good. It's the only way to ensure you're actually getting a good product.

Yes and only once on something pretty safe. It was the Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars PC port. AH3LM was already on PC at the time and this was an update with a balance patch and new characters. They've already shown they know how to do PC ports well and that the game is essentially already made so there isn't much guess work among fans. Some things were handled a little sloppy but everything turned out well. The game is great and will be getting an update with more content later this year.

Will I ever do it again? Most likely not. Most KS projects aren't safe when it comes to games. Unlike board games, the scale and room for error is too high for any sensible person to invest in.

No. Not when I still see companies like Sekai Project getting away with constantly making Kickstarter projects and people still put money into them despite the horrible translations, bugs, or delivery physical goods 2 years late. And it's not just something they did once, but several times and still do. No matter how many people get screwed over by them, they still support them.

The Tucker was actually a good car though that was ahead of the time, only brought down by unfavorable media attention and a false stock fraud charge. Also most likely some meddling from the Big Three and the Detroit Senator.

The DMC-12 was brought down due to some underdevelopment (particularly the use of the poor Renault V6) and being built by Mickies. Still very pretty though.

So one got fucked over by the press and Government, and the other one was a bit misguided. Not saying that Crowdfunding works flawlessly, but those two aren't the prime examples of that. That would be the Dale

Also never used kickstarter but have played two games that were crowd funded. Carmageddon Reincarnation is mediocre and honestly beneath even the first game in AI and driving physics. It has some fun moments though and I got the older games due to buying it while it was EA so meh. Wasteland 2 I pirated, but I really like it. So I've had a 50% success rate.

to spite you horsefucking pieces of shit

Remember kids, leftist attack always come in a double bind narrative:
1. They are invincible, submit now
2. But no one is attacking you, relax dude

It doesn't matter how and where it's happening. If you see these signs, know it's the smokescreen of their war.

Almost all of my female characters (all of my characters are female) are used goods. Few of them are whores. Only one of them happens to be a cunt, who also happens to be a slut. Fight me.

No.
Yes.

wow, you are an actual dumbass

I bought a grappling hook, and a belt. Pretty satisfied. Not too satisfied with my MP3 player sunglasses, but they were about as much as they would have cost on Ebay, so I didn't lose too much for my curiosity.

Don't forget the level where they defeat the evil pirates

I kinda wish that game was funded more, It look like it can cause a legal shitstorm.

At the end of the day both cars failed and the people behind them were not able to deliver on their promises, and we're talking tens of millions of dollars wasted, which was a lot back in that timeframe.

Also christ that's an ugly car.

Never fell for the kikestarter meme and never will, I don't know why people still hand money over to them the only games I can think of that didn't end up as a train wreck were Grim Dawn and Shantae.

I think I just got AIDS from that image.

Tu quoque, Kojima, fili mi

It's gonna be so sweet 40ish years from now when we find out that every single one of them were pedophile who stole other people's work.

I wish he had been successful. I would have loved to see what the final product looked like.

when was the last time Gabe Newell made a video game?

1998 I think

We will find this by 2020 already.

Is that fucking CliffyB and PETER MOLYNEUX on the left!? How embarrassing.

Somebody should tell Larry Bundy Jr. about this shit, or that other Britbong who does videos for him.

The Molyneux bit is especially funny considering not even tumblr and twitter hipsters care about him. His addition is proof that the whole thing's a clique rather than some "how do you do fellow nerds" shit like it initially seemed to be.

The result of frustrated numale and failed devs that think that they can become relevant.

>as true to the original as a Hollywood (((based on a true story))) movie

No, because I understand 90% of the projects are started by clueless idiots who ask for money for work in a field they are not qualified in, and are way over the heads and fail to deliver satisfactory results. This one time some assholes from art school wanted to make this modular phone composed of interchangeable lego block components that magically worked somehow. I.e, take a CPU block, graphics card block, power block, display block, etc, connect them how ever you want, and it would just magically function like a phone.

Everyone who knew anything about electronics realized this was stupid and commented saying stuff along the lines of "this is why you don't allow art students into the engineering design room". I haven't heard anything about this ridiculous project ever since, so I can only assume they squandered all of the money and abandoned it.

>IGN (((NEWS)))
What did they mean by that?

It has very little to do with failure, at least from the outset, and more to do with these people preferring each other as "competition" because of how like minded they are. If even a single one of them actually wanted to shake up the industry or do something that endangers the status quo you better believe all the others would turn on them immediately.

Of all the failed the Kickstarters I've witnessed, the one that still pissed me off is the one for bringing back the Retronauts podcast in 2013

Epilogue: The physical backer rewards like DVDs ultimately never arrive to people who made their pledges. So how do they make it up to those backers? An "apology". Specifically, a blog post Parish published on his seldom visited Toasty Frog site, that I'm sure few actually saw. Now, the only guests they seem to get are Bob's friends from that equally pozzed shithole podcast Lasertime. Additionally, they have the gall to ask for money money on Patreon despite showing how they couldn't handle their crowdfunding cash.

Do you really think imageboards will still be around?

Yes.

That's called consumerism, user. This is what happens when you're raised by shit parents and have literally zero self control or common sense. These people are barely even lucid.

I can't imagine ever giving up imageboards unless it's the day they cease to exist.

And that is a failure in itself.
Failed devs, failed human beings and failed ideologues.

Did not even knew about it. But it is the backers fault. 1up.com was always pozzed shit completely filled with cuck soyboys. Anyone expecting anything but shit was delusional, a goon, or a cuck themselves.

They aren't people. Irrational and impulsive creatures are cattle.

Only ever used it to support Kingdom Come Deliverance and I'm smug as fuck.

Fuck this shit remake, I want the source code to the original so we can have a real source port. I know Night Dive has it and they have been dangling it in front of our faces like a big Fuck You.

But seriously, how on earth do you fuck up a remake of System Shock? The game design is all there, they just have to replicate what already exists. Using an existing engine no less. The only explanation I can think off is that Night Dive is run by people who have never programmed in their lives and thought they could pick up on it along the way, or (more likely) they blew all the money on stupid shit they didn't need.

That's the infuriating thing, these faggots don't realize that they basically had the easiest job in the world. Another team already did the hard part and made a good game, all they had to do was keep the game intact while sprucing up the graphics for the modern player and add some QoL options since a good 70% of today's player base would not be able to play SS1 with the default controls.

They took a retarded service and made money off from it. That was their job and they succeeded at it, props to them. All retards should just lose their money by donating to these projects, so they will collectively die and not breed.

Feels gud, a shame that the multiplayer for GRIP died.

Weeaboo cancer spotted. Used the Goon card.

More likely scenario
>Release Kikestarter for a *~*NEW*~* game at the same time

do you think if someone wanted to "remake", say, fallout 1 and 2 on another engine (for free) and make a kikestarter they could rake in 10 million or more?

GRIP released ? I thought it was still in developement what the fug.

I don't fucking know,i just wanted something nice to happen and look forward to for once,now i got nothing again.

Oh i'd fucking love a remake of fallout 1 or 2,i've tried getting into them but they're just too,archaic.

Getting all the ladies, eh, impotent soyboy?
You are nothing, and gets backstabbed all the time by superior beings.

The golden rule always applies: never pay. Always pirate.

Delete this

but why

Kickstarted Might No. 9 and Half-Genie Hero. Figured the smart thing to do was to quit while I was 1/2 though honestly the smart thing to do would have been to not gamble at all.

Kickstarter is proof that faggot numale devs need a few men in suits to whip them into doing actual work.

Yes. Imageboards are eternal.

Never paid anything to kickstarter, but i am still miffed about the mandate never becoming a thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=HUArhjArumI

I will never be a space Russian fighting for the empire.

Why?
They are all hacks.

It is proof that all "faces of companies" pieces of shit were hacks and that the industry must purge all the faggot numales, for they were never devs.

Never pay for promises.
If they want to make a game, it is their problem to fund it.
The only thing that matters is a finished and good product.

That's what reddit is for.

All you need to do is do your research, plebs.

So…. is that a tranny or just ugly dyke?

I'd like to say that I'm feeling pretty smug, but the truth of the matter is that I was just to poor to be afforded the luxury of paying for games that weren't even developed yet. If the right project had come along, I probably would have pitched in something. Like Rieko Kodama and Tohru Yoshida splitting off from Sega and licensing Skies of Arcadia 2 to develop independently.

And by this point, there's been so many fuck jobs, scams, broken promises, lackluster products that I wouldn't donate to one on principal - even if I had full confidence in the team and project.

That faggot Yong made a decent point, in that kikestarter devs never end up just being satisfied with having a clear project goal and seeing it through. They get all this money from crowdfunding and start immediately thinking of ways they can modify their game beyond it's original vision in order to make use of the cash. Inevitably, their imaginations end up exceeding their budgets and what results is either a compromised product - or having to sell out to a major publisher for additional funds - which defeats the whole fucking purpose. But then, if these faggots could manage money and time and development resources properly - they probably wouldn't have to turn to kikestarter to begin with. They should have a clear vision with proper milestones and deliver exactly what they sell to their donors. Propose a set budget, reasonable stretch goals that accounts for delays (taken as a bonus if there are no major problems), and end the kickstarter campaign once the funds that are actually needed are raised. Anything above their set proposed budget should be counted as a "tip jar" - not a promise or promotion of expanded development.

Add to that that most of them (if not all) go to kikestarter for the sole purpose of scamming people, and never had any intention of finishing anything.