Hellbreaker

Hellbreaker just got released on Steam today:
store.steampowered.com/app/793620/Hellbreaker/

Basically it's like Doom 1 but focused on maximizing speed, kills, and dodging in a speedrun'ish way.

Here are some keys so you can give it a try and tell what you think about it:
KEG80-QXMW0-06Z4E
RFY7Y-7VIKA-RPT4E
475TI-IZFDE-M850I
LH4FJ-2G42N-PJZ7W
75F0W-Y37MD-RA7AI

Also available on itch: enhex.itch.io/hellbreaker

Other urls found in this thread:

virhex.com/docs/level-editor/
virhex.com/docs/hellbreaker/
urho3d.github.io/
8agdg.wikidot.com/general:activeprojects
8ch.net/agdg/res/24615.html#q25968
8agdg.wikidot.com/hellbreaker
urho3d.github.io/documentation/HEAD/_script_a_p_i.html#Class_Engine
urho3d.github.io/documentation/HEAD/_script_a_p_i.html#Class_PhysicsWorld
enhex.itch.io/hellbreaker
twitch.tv/videos/229829599
steamcommunity.com/app/793620/discussions/0/3377008022030677681/
cgtrader.com/pages/terms-and-conditions
github.com/Enhex/Urho3D-CSP
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102887372
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102893419
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=206042835
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you guys keep coming here?

I probably was here before you

Thanks for the game mang, Ill try it out later

Haha shit I didn't think the last code would work. Thanks my dude

But is it fun ? Does it have good lvl design at all?

Because the elections showed everyone that the major image boards are in important vector for advertising, so now we're as fucked as every other site when it comes to constant fucking shilling.

This looks boring and generic af. I'll just go play some Brutal Doom.

enjoy pausing your action to reload every 5 seconds

We tried to make the level design achieve tight combat.

There are only projectile based ranged attacks, so all damage can be dodged while having a lot of monsters in a fight (unlike doom in which you have hitscan enemies).

By design, a level section's difficulty is increased by having more monsters attack the player from different directions, while putting him in tight places / placing obstacles in his way so the player can't just circle strafe enemies.

We also tried to do a bit of vertical level design.
This isn't generic stitched together reused rooms "level design".

Also levels have secrets, and the game comes with a level editor:

What does this game do to stand out? What does it do that hasn't been done a billion times before in the genre? It seems like this game suffers the same syndrome as every other indie game being released to today in that it just blatantly copies a much better older game while adding nothing new or interesting and expects you to pay money for it. Why the fuck would I play this game when I already have DOOM, Quake and the billions of free mods they have?

you are the fucking dev?

The trailer was very unimpressive. Graphically and artistically, it looks like Doom 3 without all the darkness or nice lighting. Map design looks like shit, simply filling rooms with lots of enemies, instead of creating interesting encounters.

there's precisely 0 chance of this
Also

Since he has no money to shill he just does it himself.

It looks alright but you're never going to get a good response by promoting it here.

Yeah the game doesn't have any shiny graphics, gimmicks, or skinnerbox loot, or crafting systems.

Originally this project started as "3D doom with better modding", and later it focused on creating a high skill ceiling aggressive speedrun-like experience.

New players usually can't finish a level, while experienced players sprint through them, and actively dodge projectiles they don't even see coming.
It's a fun challange.

But what about the better modding part
Can we make demonsteele in it

Well at least you are admitting you are shilling the game.
Tell us about your game user and what you want from it

user here is correct, you should mosey over to >>>/4chan/ . They are a multicultural,diverse and accepting and friendly commune~ community that accepts just about anyone
They also love the taste of circumsized dick in their mouth so your steamkeys will be appreciated over there
Also your game looks like a ToG ripoff only at least that one had a GOG release make what you want of that

It's better than Dusk, I'll give it a buy.

Hey OP, gonna buy the game. Thanks for your work. Hope this is better than NuDoom.

Lurk more. This is an agdg project. Oh, I know, those threads should be banned because all the people sharing progress are shills.

I have nothing better to do with my money so I'll probably get this. I'll report somewhere around tomorrow.

Are the weapons just Doom's arsenal or?

Yeah

I've used an open source game engine that I've been contributing to, and it doesn't have all the shiny features commercial engines have.
Also this is almost 1 man project (except for level design) with near 0 budget and no artists. It isn't an AAA 60$ title with an army of devs.

Yeah.
First of all there's modding documentation:
virhex.com/docs/hellbreaker/

You can add new assets like models and sounds to the game.

There's full scripting support, you can do pretty much anything.
All weapons/pickups/monsters are implemented using scripts, and they are designed to easily allow creating new weapons/pickups/monsters. All the script-side source code is shipped with the game, so you can learn from it, edit it, and extend it.

Looks neat user. I'd buy it if I had any money to spare, seems like the kind of thing I've been looking for lately.

Also admire your work as a one man programmer team as a fellow dev.

People here are just overly hostile for some shit.

which one? godot?
nice

you think?

eh, the h8chan shit was a meme at the time. It didn't mean "respond in a hostile manner to any and every post". We used to be able to discuss games from /agdg/ devs here when I last used to browse here.

Tbh I think Dusk is a better game in many more aspects, though they focus on different things.

Yeah the weapons are pretty much the Doom arsenal. I was aiming for situational weapons that enhance the game design instead of gimmicky weapons:
- pistol got infinite ammo and is a fallback weapon. It's better in medium range than the shotgun because of its accuracy.
- shotgun is good at taking out 1-2 low HP enemies in a single hit
- super shotgun is good at taking out a medium HP enemies in a single hit, but it's only effective at very close range because of high spread.
- minigun is a rapid fire hitscan and it has spinup time, so you want to fire it for long sessions, so it isn't effective at picking around corners since by the time you'll spin it up you could've shot the shotgun.
- rocket launcher has a big explosion, and you can easily 1 hit kill yourself with it, so it's only suitable if you got enough distance from the enemy, and you're targeting a group of enemies/high HP enemies.
- grenade launcher fires a grenade that explodes into few smaller grenades. Since it bounces around and got medium spread, it's isn't a precision weapon and it's used to spam rooms. Breaking into smaller grenades allow to spread damage more evenly across larger area (instead of linear damage fall off from a single explosion).
- plasma gun is a projectile based rapid fire weapon so it requires a bit of leading. It's strong and safe to use, so it's usually the go-to weapon as long as you have ammo.

For gimmicky weapons and stuff - that's what the modding support is for.

You mean before the cuckchan rapefugees arrived? Yeah.

What makes you think you can just waltz in here and shill? You're not even an /agdg/er.

the engine is Urho3D:
urho3d.github.io/

yes he is

Wow! How does it feel to waste months of your life?

Yeah basically. I've been catching up since I last browsed. Seems things have changed a little.

Was there a recent influx? Did something happen on 4chan?

Cuckchan refugees got banned for talking about the fall of Neogaf on Holla Forums, so they went here a while ago. Your game is pretty good though!

more keys please

8agdg.wikidot.com/general:activeprojects
8ch.net/agdg/res/24615.html#q25968
Not everyone is as active as rustfag.

He's listed on our wiki for a good reason, and he's been on there for as long as said wiki has existed.
8agdg.wikidot.com/hellbreaker
He didn't post all that often, but he sure as fuck has been a part of our threads for a while.

any support for 144 fps?

I can also vouch for him, we call him helldev. Where's my free key?

Says you. He's managed to actually make a good product.

Nice job. I've yet to see something good in Urho3D

I am poor and would like to play your game sometime,pls

Bought and played a bit. I had fun

More keys:
2F0BR-EXFCJ-Z6LEA
9EQ06-6XDAI-QZCIA
L0F4F-D0CIG-X4N8L
HWWE5-QWW6V-9JMDF
YAM0W-M8WQQ-TM4VN

The engine's default max FPS is 200 so yes. (though physics run at fixed 60 FPS).

Also you can change them via scripting:
urho3d.github.io/documentation/HEAD/_script_a_p_i.html#Class_Engine (int maxFps)
urho3d.github.io/documentation/HEAD/_script_a_p_i.html#Class_PhysicsWorld (int fps)

Thanks my good man,installing as we speak

everyone stole my idea

So what do the people who got keys think of it?

Neat one code still worked
I'll try it and maybe buy one to gift a friend that also likes this kind of games, thanks user

I'll let you know when its done installing and i boot it

I'm gonna pay it forward and gift my friend a copy when he comes online.

Ah, that was what did it? In almost every thread on here I keep seeing people accusing each other of being cuckchanners or shills or whatever the fuck.

If they are upfront with who they are and what they are doing I don't see the problem with it, there have been guys in the past that have come to get opinions of their games before.

No thats just your standard aspie on Holla Forums

You do realise that this game shares the same name with another one,right?
And that other one appears in the first two searches when you look for it on youtube and that other one has an actual trailer and that the trailer makes it look cool

as much as i do want to call you a tumbling dickweed you do bring up a fair point you still suck dick though

First thing i noticed is that enemies infight when dead,nice touch

I know there's another game. I was first.

Alright I played a bit and died like a bitch a couple of times. The movement feels very doomy, and I like that the shooting/reloading/weapon position changes animation depending on movement and where you are. The enemies really blend in with the environment though.

You just posted a video of the exact game this thread is about. The other game is pixelshit garbage with indiefag non-pixelart effects.

Could have gone better if i didn't squand my ammo on those flying reaper fucks and just walked past em and the blue fatty,but still,nice

Oh and the pickups blend in too, and a lot of them look alike.

so far from what i see your game lacks something,something that will make it it's own thing,something that you can't find in another game similar to it;a hook if you will

yes,i didn't want to because it does looks like pixelshit.I posted the one of this game as a comparison to the point that captain dickweed brought up above,it does look kinda like tower of guns only more generic

I'm pretty sure I ran out of time right before the end of the first level because first person platforming is aids.

It's expected for new players to die in their first few runs. And the blending thing is an issue I tried to deal with, it used to be much worse.

scoring a medal on the first successful run is pretty good. Also strategy-wise you always want to skip the blue fatty since he got tons of HP and will only give you 1 kill, so he's a waste of time and ammo to fight.

Gib me a key

Are the monsters of your own creation? or are they assets? because they're fairly generic and remind me of DOOM3

Yeah they're licensed assets

Boo

pic related

ME5Z8-4JJ9E-GCXTF
P5FE2-NBJGK-5GCIF
EB8QJ-LJJJV-IDL8J

Got the last code, thanks user.

Thanks, I'll try it right now.

FUCKING HELL THIS PLATFORMING IS SLIPPERY THEN MY COCK

Can we all admit that this is something only casuals say?

I'd rather pirate it.

Y-your cock did what?

Wow, "get hype".

>Also available on itch: enhex.itch.io/hellbreaker

I will get gold on this motherfucking level even if it takes me an hour

try to manage your risk/speed, especially with rocketeer grenadier encounters - take your time to take them out if they fuck you up.

Prioritize killing squishes as you can and move fast through the level.

Try to always move to ground you didn't walk on recently, projectiles will be travelling to places you were at.

gl;hf!

OP's been posting his game WIPs in the /agdg/ threads for months you morons

Fucking retards

FUCK

yeah, before 2014 this board was fine.

It's spillover from the election where everyone and everything was a shill for X

I'm really liking the flow of the game. I try to be careful to buy good & fun games for under $20. This seems to be a good candidate for that.

it was, and once you halfchan refugees came in 2014 it's been a shit show. You can pretend that anyone who came after you are worse than you are, but the truth is you're all gigantic shitters and obsessing over who came here a week to a year later is a waste of time.

Level design is quake 1 and the gameplay is quake 2. I really hope the goal of the game is not racking 'stylish score', because the goal of doom 1 was really to get to the end of the level with survival horror levels of items.

Then why did he use steam of all things? I hate steam because it's destroyed the market for PC games that aren't steam. NAlso not everyone here browses the /agdg/ threads you know.

Only if they're nazis fighting the good fight m80

What if no one believes you

I'll get it from itch for me and a bunch of fags when I got some spare dosh. Looks just like what I was longing for.

He has an Itch.io link right in the OP you blind nigger.

Oh shit kids, it's the guy that's been on 8ch since Great Schism of 1053, all bow to his glory.

what if no one believes you're a gg rapefugee and are instead a 2016 election rapefugee?

But this is implying if any nigger doesn't read the thread.

IIRC Quake 1/2 encounters had handful of enemies, and most of them were hitscan.

Hellbreaker's score system is designed to purely reflect player skill.
level completion time, kills, and damage taken are metrics that objectively and unambiguously reflect skill.
An example for a metric that isn't is something like accuracy, or ammo used, which depend on your choice of weapons and strategy (ex: preemptive shooting with the minigun to spin it up before an encounter).

I wish steam=slavery posters acted at least half as asshurt about the federal reserve act of 1913
Very deep social commentary, renting out video game licenses truly is the same as using worthless fiat money based on debt that exists only to make a jewish dynasty feel good about themselves.

quake 2's were hitscan*

Gonna be streaming my attempt to get gold,or at the very least silver over on my twitch

come check it out if you want

Neat. How many levels come with the game?

Okay these are perfectly valid points, OP should have known better.
But still, it is a legit Holla Forums-made game. Maybe it's good, maybe it's not, but he can benefit from feedback. Pic related.

forgot name

Solidbaked

You're an /agdg/ fag? Game looks solid. I'll probably just buy the game since most keys have been taken. Will post my impressions later.

5 levels come with the game

I'm watching ;)

wow. You're dedicated. Good shit.

any of you fags aldready played it? is it at least decent?

Damn I'm always too slow to grab keys.
Kudos to OP though, game looks legit

dude's playing it right now

oh shit my dude, lost the chance at those keys, couldn't you be more discrete about it?

he is not lying, we been following him on /agdg/ for quite a while

this looks solid, I like it OP. I'd buy it but I don't have a spare 5 bucks at the moment

HOLY FUCK DUDE THAT LAST HIT

That's intense looking

Quake had lots of enemies and only a dedicated few were hitscan. You were swarmed easily and mods upped the populace to serious sam size, in some cases.

To me, a fps whose reward is score has zero appeal. But I'm an oldfag who only seeks what he likes. I guess the streamers public who actually believes those numbers should be interested.

Let's go on a tirade on the reasons why acidman killed gg on imageboards

Glad to see you finished it. Urho3D's positional audio still sucks balls so if OpenAL-Soft's license is too restrictive for you, I'd recommend looking into Steam Audio or something similar.
Money is very tight at the moment but I'll probably buy this and fuck around with the map editor when things get a little better.

Framedrops on the second level. Why fam.

The game really looks awesome, judging by the stream. OP actually delivers

I'd love to play new levels

Most likely shadows, try to lower shadow quality in settings. If your computer is a real potato you can turn them off completely.

Thanks!
It's fun watching the streamer, he already developed dodging ESP (when he's not taking rockets to the face).

Streamer here,what's your price point for the game? i'm gonna gift it to a friend if it's reasonable

It's currently $5.99 (25% release discount, after that $7.99)

Also it was fun watching your stream, especially noticing how your dodging improved.

Thanks,hopefully you guys come out with more levels to play.

In the steam description, I'd take out the 'also' in
Aside from that faggoty nitpicking, it looks fun. I've shot my shekels your way and will start playing tomorrow after Saturday wageslavery is done.
I honestly hope this does well and you don't suffer the same fate as the speebot dev

what happened to speebot?

Oh,achievements and badges and all that garbage would be a nice way to bring in people
(i like that shit) just so they can trade and sell it.

It didn't sell and I doubt any of the redditors he promoted his game to actually bought it. Like Hellbreaker, I'll shell out when I have cash to spend.

Gifted it to my friend, hope he likes it. Will play more of it tomorrow, I'm too busying playing Slay the Spire.

man that shit has everybody wrapped around it's thumb,i don't see the appeal

If the game will have moderate commercial success I could use that money to pay for the level designer. In the meanwhile there's a level editor ;)

Thanks for the tip, updated the Steam & Itch pages

Total flop.

Well,fan made levels aren't much compared to people who have experienced and know what they're doing.

he barely shilled his game at all on reddit. He should have written some advertisements disguised as useful tutorials!

It was cheap, and saw a stream of it. I really wanted to get Hand of Fate 2, but I did not have the funds. It's early access, but the devs seem to be consistent with the updates.

Yeah i saw that on release day it had something like 10k viewers on twitch,very odd for a low profile indie game,makes me think he did some shilling or handing out free keyes.

Probably, but I was watching Harmful Opinions play it.

I'm a shit level designer myself.
I can try to gift the game to some mappers and hope for the best.

That's not a bad idea

Also few more keys:
PXR72-86YM7-QIWCG
GWT5H-Y488V-MN9RA
I9WD2-F9QDF-D8AER

(Checked)
Was lurking for 20 minutes waiting to see if you'd drop some more keys. Snagged the middle, so thanks.

Thanks!

fuck

Imagine being this salty about being a nodev

Hey just a heads up, there was a scrapper a while back so post steamkeys in a notepad or something.

I'm not lying when I say this looks worse than free Doom mods. So… now I'm gonna go play some Doom with mods. Thanks!

Played through a couple levels and I enjoyed the game a lot more than I thought. Definitely feels more like a 'mod' than a standalone game. The Doom inspiration is pretty much palpable. The design of the levels seem linear but always leave with the impression that there's something to discover. No wonder, when I beat the first level I found no secrets, so I was compelled to poke around a little harder. I suck at finding secrets anyway, but still. Weapons feel good to use and the levels feel sprawling; you have a lot of freedom and space to move around, like the whole place is really a playground. When you fight enemies it really feels like the stage has been set for you. You, them, nothing else except geometry getting in the way. Enemy variety could see a little improvement, since most of them don't seem like a threat considering the most basic one just wanders towards your general direction, and then another, beefier kind does basically the same thing (the blueish demons with spiked stumps for hands thought they were like mancubi for a second). Movements seems a bit floaty too, and the view bobbing takes some getting used to. It was nice, overall. I'll definitely get back to it to play the rest and maybe get a gold or two. This user has talent.

I'm having fun with it. I never really played much of this sort of game before, but the level design and pickup placement is nice and the violence is fast and fun. Soundtrack is decent too.

This game looks hype, thinking about buying it.
How does it compare with GSC's Firestarter?

I've been looking to develop a similar game myself but know jack shit about programming but a few people have said I'm decent at making Doom wads. Is your level editor relatively easy to use in the same vein as GZDoom Builder? I like how easy it is, but creating dummy sectors for floors on top of floors gets tiresome to organize and it just kills my motivation for mapmaking.

It sounds very interesting but you might want to dial back on giving keys otherwise everyone who might have bought it would already have it.

Firestarter seems like a Painkiller style "arena battle", Hellbreaker is Doom like levels with all the monsters already in place.

My level editor is similar to Valve's Hammer editor.

It's designed to be simple and easy to learn (about 5 minutes to to make your first level), you just need to drag boxes, hit enter, select textures, and place entities.

Documentation for how to use it is available here:

Since it's 3D there's more work to do compared to 2D level creation.

Got my first gold on Bloodbath. I like how the method for a fast run kind of reveals itself once you know the layout.

Wish you luck man. Lurked your dev posts every so often, and was there a week or so back when you were in the final prep phases. Good luck man!

Just realized I lied. Didn't get gold on Bloodbath because I didn't kill enough dudes.

Thanks!

Stay silver :^)

interestingly enough, the creator of that mod just played the game
twitch.tv/videos/229829599

Any plans to add any levels yourself?

I have an advice: I recommend you to embed your keys into pics, so they wouldn't get scrapped by bots.

Not really sure I like the looks of this game. Glad you were inspired by something that wasn't shit, but the game kinda looks like Doom 3 threw up. I might get it if I ever come into money though

Are you recommending this trash?

As much as I love level editors, custom levels never have the same feeling to me as the developer's vision. So I hope you don't use the inclusion of the level editor as an excuse to leave the game with this little content. Also, add workshop support you faggot.

Isn't that pretty bare bones?

Are there Big Guys vs Little Guys?

Damn. Missed the keys, but this looks really good. Glad to see an user making something.

Keep it up man!

If you think that will help I could write the level design guidelines that we used to make levels in the game documentation.

I'll look into implementing workshop support.

A single level takes several weeks to make (this isn't some mobile game in which levels take 10 minutes max to make), and I paid a level designer to make them, so it's quite expensive and that's what my budget could afford.

If anyone makes some levels with the level editor please share them!
I'd love to try new levels myself.

I just bought it.
Will try it out in a few days once MonoGame jam is finished

I would try tweeting the game at or even gifting the game to John Romero, he likes to give stuff like this publicity especially if it has custom mapping support and was made by a small team.

That would be cool. I like the game and would love to see some community maps easily integrated.

Why? You could have got anons to do it for FREE, just supplying them with free copies of the game.

He already did that, faggot.

No he didn't, he paid a level designer to make the levels.

Scroll up, he gave away keys in this thread.

Read the whole post, faggot. He should have gotten anons with a bit of experience creating levels in other FPS games to make levels for his game, and gave them copies of the game for their contribution.

That's a nice idea

Most likely to result low quality levels, so it isn't a good solution.

I was thinking to gift it to modders

That's why you ask to see their Doom/Duke/Quake levels first, and play through the maps to see which ones are legit and which ones are shit.

Looks good, I'll think about getting it.

The game's been freezing a lot for me, to the point where I've lost my chance at gold to it. Any reason that might be happening?

None of the weapons seem to have any weight to them, pretty quiet too. I'll pass.

That sounds like a bad idea, he's probably better off not having you guys touch it, save for buying it like good cattle.

If you got weak CPU/GPU it could be related.
Try lowering graphics settings to minimum and see if it happens (especially shadows and texture quality).

I had a similar problem with some testers and it was related to using too more GPU memory than available, though it can be something else.

I'd like to add another couple of little grammatical nitpicks:
>Hellbreaker is a fast-paced first person shooter that will pit you against hordes of monsters and push you to your limits. Blast your way through blood thirsty monsters while racing against the clock to finish the level in one piece.
It's redundant to put the same key word twice so close to each other, let alone in the next sentence. Since you've already used up "hordes" I suggest you replace the second "monsters" with masses or the first "hordes" with swarms "mobs" just doesn't sound right.

Time taken to finish a level

There are no reloads or recoil to slow down the action. while I think there're is grammatically correct, autocorrect doesn't agree with me and there're very few written instances where you'd find an example of this contraction

I've got a 3770k and a 660ti. the 660 is pretty outdated but should it really be struggling with a game like this?

The mixing of singular and plural is what makes it weird.

amen

fuck didn't mean to post yet

I would suggest putting "Time taken to finish" in angle quotes or quotation marks, same goes for the next two paragraphs. Get rid of that oxford comma since you're not exactly listing a long list of things here, just two reasons to GO FAST.

that is one long ass sentence, which I'm sure you've busted your head open trying to make it look comprehensive. Now I'll offer you two options: break up into 2 or 3 shorter sentences or try to cut the fat and use just one.
Option 1:

Thanks, updated the pages.

I used to run the game on an i5-2400 and GTX670 at 120-180 FPS, so your hardware should be good enough.

The freezes are triggered by something specific?

If you got good framerate if occasional short "random" freezes when you move around that could mean that you've ran out of GPU memory for the game (lowering texture quality will greatly reduce memory usage).

Maybe you got stuff running in the background that take up a lot of CPU/GPU memory?

If you got consistently low FPS, shadows are expensive and u can lower/disable them.

Other than that you can try to make sure your graphic drivers are up to date.

Also you can press F2 in-game to see the profiler, it will list where the game frame spends its time and how much memory is used for game resources.

I considered this the most likely cause, but I also have to take in consideration that I've run much more demanding games with just as much running in the background with no issue.
I haven't been doing this since Nvidia are jews but I'll give it a shot.

better or worse than Painkiller?

>Arcane Dimensions vs MachineGames' New Official Quake Episode
Really makes you think.

I think the Arcane Dimensions guy is a professional level designer

I don't know man

there there
just think a bit more before you post next time

By the way OP where's the torrent ? I have no money and you should know we never buy games.

a "demo" would be nice

Been enjoying the game so far. Congrats on putting some of yourself out there.

its shit like this that makes it look like a shilled project

And it's braindead retards like you that make discussing games like running through a minefield. I could point out that my garbage isp changed my id but I'd rather tell you to go eat a bullet.

I'd rather you ate glass dipshit

Hey OP, Congrats on finishing your game. If you are searching to give your game more publicity, then I would suggest handing out review copies to jewtube ecelebs who mainly do videos of classic FPS's such as ICARUSLIV3S or Gggmanlives.

What part about that post upsets you?

So from what I can tell I only get significant slowdown on the second mission, to the point where the game is unplayable. In addition to low framerate the game also freezes constantly. This isn't a problem in either the first, third or fourth level, all of which run fine after the first few seconds after it loads.

what the fuck
Really shows you what hacks modern level designers are

OP is not only a Steam cuck, he's also a Reddit faggot.

Yes and then you look at his posts and it's nothing but promotion of his shit. You retards tried to smear speebot like that as well.

Anybody who touches Reddit deserves to be fucking banned. Anybody who touches Steam deserves to be fucking banned. Anybody who touches kike-run platforms and puts money in their pockets should be banned and fucking hanged like a retarded nigger they are. Just the fact that it's on Steam and he promotes on Reddit is enough to tell that he's not one of us. And you aren't either. Get the fuck out.

are you an idiot
are you literally fucking retarded

I already tried before release via email

Contact me on the support email (can find it on via Steam's support page) and I'll ask u to show me some stuff.

I created a subreddit for Hellbreaker so people outside of Steam will be able to share levels, mods, and other stuff.

BTW I'm working on Steam Workshop integration.

Nice excuse, faggot. We already know who you serve.

That's disgusting goy logic and you deserve to be fucking gassed. Kikes control you.

This is a Reddit meme and you just outed yourself, shill.

So what's the other way he's supposed to make money?

What are you, some kind of Kike?

Sell it independently and provide a demo with a proper amount of playtime, like it used to be before fucking kikes starting taking control of the game industry.

Stop trying so hard to fit in. Instead, go back to reddit yourself, idiot.

even worse, an Anglo

he run out of money after 5 levels

GET THE FUCK OUT

I REFUSE!

Any plans for alternative sellers outside of itch.io?
Bonus question, does the steam version comes without DRM (aka runs without steam running) or does getting the game from itch.io get me a key?

oy vey

what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

I don't plan on any other sellers. Any specific reason you might want that?

Steam version comes without RDM, it will run without Steam.

No specific reason outside of personal preference
Neat.

You're still paying the fucking kikes

Can anybody tell me if the view-bob motion-sway shit can be toned down in-game? I like the look of the game but I get really motion sick with that shit turned on.

You can do it by tweaking few variable in the game's script source code, see:
steamcommunity.com/app/793620/discussions/0/3377008022030677681/

Thanks user.
If that shill/developer/whatever is still here, add this shit to the game's options. Basic accessibility tweaks (motion-sickness, colour-blindness, closed-captions, etc) should be a given.

Spoiler: eebced is Rottenredditor upset that another yesdev released a game.

it'd be a damn shame if some Russian uploaded it somewhere, wouldn't it

Got the screencaps to that faggot sperging out? That was great but I didn't save them last time.

Most games get cracked day 1 anyway.
The only real protection is having server side stuff.

OK/10, appeal lies in either getting stupid OP drafts or salvaging mediocre ones. It's mostly a gambling simulator but since you're not paying real money to gamble there's no issue with that. Would be a good game by the standards of flash games or phone games which is what it pretty much feels like.

You just replied to him, you dingus.

Not on this machine but have this morsel.

you dumb nigger, you should've just uploaded your game to a torrent or whatever

Well that's nice.
I'm still expecting a Notch style 180 turnaround.

Context for the unaware?

Watched the trailer. Looks promising.

I see it lacks enemyflinch, enemy types (just 2?), limb gibs and more exaggerated weapon animations.

How hard is it to mod those in?

Fuck off, retard.

Didn't realise, I don't have coloured ids turned on on this machine so it's harder to notice.

I've got plenty of advice for the dev but it's mostly already been said on the Steam forums from what I just saw, so I guess I'll leave it. Getting some low-poly enemy models commissioned would be fucking sweet though.

Any torrent?

There's enemy flinch (enemy AI is almost identical to Doom 1).
There are 8 enemy types.

Regarding modding:
Most of the models are licensed and I'm not allowed to provide their original source files.

You could easily implement limb gibs by using generic gib models (stuff like meat chunks, not the actual parts of the monster model).
You could just look at the script code for where blood droplets are spawned and spawn your gib prefab too, or maybe spawn them for rig bones or something (up to you).

For weapon animations I'm allowed to share the hands model, so you'll be able to animate the rig in tools like Blender, tho I need to check which weapon models I'm allowed to share (for your own weapon models it isn't a problem).

Clearly you are just some internet troll who ripped the files from somewhere.

Section 21:
cgtrader.com/pages/terms-and-conditions

Probably the animations then.

I dream of actual limbgibs like Left 4 Dead. Sounds difficult tho.

Mods will fix it ;^)
But seriously, why so many prefab assets?

Game was mostly made by me (programmer) and a level designer.
We didn't have a 3D artist so I just bought models.

user, I have bad news for you…

Looks fun, I'll keep an eye on it for when I can actually afford games. Not really sure how well my laptop would handle it anyway.

AKA rustdev. an overall obnoxious piece of human trash shitting up agdg threads

A buncha questions.
I'm mainly interested in source code 'cause I've been working on a uni assignment in Urho3D for the past months, wanted to see the insides of a finished game.
Either way, God speed, user, you're an inspiration to us all.

I would buy from itch.io but it doesn't seem to be working. Good luck OP.

Holy shit, everything in the trailer looks like babby's first level. Just throw 50 of an enemy type everywhere and call it a day. Projectile hell.

Currently no because when I originally tried using Urho3D on a VM, the VM didn't have good enough OpenGL support. Recently I tested again and it seems like it does have the needed OpenGL support. It's still unlikely that I'll work on it.

No multiplayer, the game was designed for single player.
I did work on a netcode library for Urho3D, it's kinda barebone implementation:
github.com/Enhex/Urho3D-CSP
(it doesn't work with the physics simulation for now because that requires replay of the whole physics world and I didn't implement it yet)

Probably in the future, but not anytime soon. Note that the script source code is shipped with the game.
There's some general code that I want to contribute to Urho3D anyway like the settings logic and couple of GUI features, but I always have higher priority things to work on.

when

The game could really use some more Steam tags, since they'll make finding your game much easier.

Don't forget "Narrative Driven" and "Strong Female Protagonist". :^)

here's an easy improvement you can make: change the monster projectiles. "puffy" bloomy projectiles are hard to see, and you cant tell the depth or number well.

I don't buy games on Steam anymore, any chance of a GOG or itch.io release?

Read the OP

btw for those who have the game on Steam please write a review, it doesn't have enough reviews for a review score yet.

Nigger have you ever gotten serious

Now I want to see OP to make a Hellbreaker Gal Story Mode DLC to fuck with people.
Hellbreaker Gal should just be a skin change, which the player will never see since its a FPS and the Story Mode is just the normal Hellbreaker Levels in reverse.

op could just pull a "the hellbreaker was a girl this whole time"

OK

Not a one. Not even the gatling gun scorpion guys.
All projectiles in SS are physical objects regardless of speed

I remember serious sam 3 being hitscan hell half the time but they dealt low damage, keeping the og doom tradition, but fucked it up with red gory screen every time you get touched by a stray bullet, But I thought the scorpions were delayed hitscan, as long as you were moving into a wall, you're safe.

I call bullshit on that. Even if that was technically true it doesn't matter whether the bullet speed is actually infinite or finite but with such a high value the effect is the same. You can not dodge them at any range. At very long ranges they occasionally missed due to accuracy.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102887372
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102893419
If there are no hitscan enemies, why are there mods to make them not hitscan?

bitch are you serious

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=206042835
Bitch, are you?

Looks neat, but the weapons and movement feel a bit floaty. Needs more tactile impact.

Sounds like Marathon, which relied even more strongly on Doom's monster infighting to create an odd danmaku feeling.

monster & pickup visibility improved and will be in the next update.

The game is too dark for me and I'd rather have the option to fix that in game. I was seriously considering refunding the game because I couldn't see some enemies but turning up brightness isn't that much of a hassle so I decided not to. Still it's fucking annoying.

I meant turning it up in the graphic card driver's settings.

Just loaded the first level using Steam Workshop.
Still need to add support for general mods.

I think I'll do an update once I'm done with it, and add other stuff in the next update.