Has there ever been a less compelling or interesting companion in any Fallout game?

Has there ever been a less compelling or interesting companion in any Fallout game?

Damn, this game sucks.

Boone

You come into my houseā€¦

*Strong didn't like that*

Has there ever been a lower effort OP in any board's thread?

Woah wait are you saying the writing in Fallout 4 is not good?
I had no idea

Well yeah, he is a big green retard mutant. He has some interesting dialogue during the Virgil quest, but other than that he just sometimes blabbers on about milk of human kindness.
I don't think that every character needs to be more than that, one retard is fine.

Such great game design when you can lose reputation with a character for the simple act of fucking opening a door or using power armor. Right up there with how Preston Garvey keeps spewing radiant quests no matter where you go or what you say.

Bethesda is a helluva drug.

He doesn't, they run out at a certain point, when you have every village under your control and defended
I know because I did them all

Have you been on the board this past week?

Even for something so simply, you have to have SOME kind of hook to make the character feel like something more than a one-note puppet.

Like, maybe have a side-quest where he learns "milk of human kindness" is a metaphor and that it means friendship, so then he's all like "friendship makes you stronger? Strong want friends! NOW!" or something. Some kind of sign his character has at least SOME depth, conflict or personality beyond being a brain-dead beatstick.

If you max out his affinity he says he learned a new word, "respect", and makes you his leader.
And yes, he is just a dump supermutant who hates power armor, talking, etc. He isn't a smart supermutant different from his brothers, who can speak fluent english and offer insightful commentary like every other supermutant companion in the series

Right, he has that, but it's not much. It's just that if you hit enough stuff with a big object he'll be obedient to you. While the "respect" conversation is probably one of his better ones, it isn't enough to save his character from being so damn bland.

He is just a great companion for carrying shit around. He also has a lot of health. But yeah, he is kinda bland compared to most other characters, but he's far from the blandest.

I'm bored just looking at him.

op has never heard of supermutants apprently

FTFY

Right, but there have always been at least a few smart Super Mutants, even if they weren't nice. Lou Tenant from Fallout 1 instantly comes to mind. The guy had a few screws loose, but he sure as hell wasn't a retard.

There's also Marcus, who was very smart and nice, but still loved to smash things and rip people apart. There's also Fawkes, Mean Sonofabitch, Gramma Lily, etc.

Raul Tejada.
Best beaner there is.

Just look at this picture. Absolutely white not textured sung glasses with blocky normal map, costume that looks worn out grey when its supposed to be black color of a leather.
I fucking hated that in Fallout 4. Apparently that game doesn't know color "black", its even better when they are in contrast with a nigger like this.

Has there ever been a less compelling or interesting dubs thread?

thats a copout

Curie made me rock hard every time she spoke, but she's far from the best companion in Fallout 4. I'd say that award goes to either the initial cleaning robot or the detective noir synth.

I used to dislike Raul when I first played, but over the years I learned to love him. He's just so humble and awesome at the same time. He definitely takes the cake for my most favored companion.

Why does Bethesda's Fallout never leave its "nuked into the stone age" phase?

i tried kill that stupid fuck. You know the vault with all the kids in it? tried to kill those too. Shame you cannot, i'mf ucking mad

they did? YOU ARE BUILDING FUCKING SETTLEMENTS

wa

i agree, can't stand his edgelord voice and the way he talks, worst companion in any actual fallout game by far

What's even the point of having companions in Fallout 4? Aside from Paladin Danse with a gatling laser and some customized robots, they're all absolute trash in combat that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

The few times I've sat back and watched my companion try to kill an enemy have been like watching a retard trying to hump a door knob.

You're better off taking the lone wanderer perk.

because le apocalypse xddd

I just hope you guys at least play with mods.

I've still not gotten over that.

He was also the best follower, in terms of effect, though.