Remake of Mana

'Sup y'all, I'm enoying the Secret of Mana remake so fa-

Aaaand into the trash it goes. Thanks again for ruining another SNES classic, Undertale.

And yes, weebos, I'm well aware that the sprite is genderless in Japanese, but that's not the point. You literally had to revise two existing lines to avoid using any specific pronouns in English, to greater effect on the audience. Are you telling me that the DIRTY SCAMMING DWARF NPC (among others) was educated with current-year PC sensitivity training? Get outta here.

Other urls found in this thread:

vgmdb.net/album/73689
archive.is/Jxa3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't "they" incredibly triggering to trannies/sjw's?

If something isn't triggering to trannies/sjws it probably hasn't been brought to their attention yet.

The real crime is fucking up the menu rings by centering all of them instead of placing them around their respective characters. Why fix something that wasn't broken?
Also the new soundtrack is garbage.

Why don't you check my dubs OP?

That's gay and all, but how's it play?

Impressive. Very nice.

Yeah, i'm not seeing it. You'd actually have a case if they changed it to xim xir xoobity boop.

What the fuck are you doing OP.
but seriously when was this remake released? How does it play? Is it any good? Are there any actually bad instances of localization? Is the performance shit? What?

You are all missing the point

Surely they don't do that with humans, r-right?

It plays almost exactly like the original, including the somewhat wonky/buggy nature of movement and fighting.
You'll notice a lot of game journos claiming the remake introduces new issues, but they clearly never played the original or hardly remember it.
All that being said it's a very lazy remake, graphically it feels like some kind of mobile game. It doesn't really add anything to the original. I wouldn't get it at their current asking price, it's honestly worth half as much at best.

kill yourself goon

but "they" is the proper word to use when you don't know what is between someone's legs. This user is right. You'd have a better case if they used those.

Didn't they fix that with a retranslation for the PC version?

I see, thanks, m6.

released yesterday. Plays similar but a lot of (unneeded) QoL added, if you played the SNES version it's the same game except the translation has been fixed (no longer woosley-ized), performance is good, OG soundtrack is available in options menu if you don't like the remixed music

So I played a little bit and so far the music remakes sound like shit. Do they get better or should I just switch to original soundtrack?

Sprite actually looks really cute there. I like it. If the game was a mere graphical update, I'd probably consider playing it, whether that be pirated or a cheap used copy. But with all the other "improvements" they did, I'm likely just not going to bother at all. Doesn't it have an overlay of the SNES map in the corner or something?

Does anyone have any screenshots of the Princess or other cute girls?

Is the magic system still broken as fuck?

If only.

Snes what the fuck ever still bullshit to sell it for more that 10

Using they as an indeterminate gender pronoun is the non-SJW way of doing it. Now delete this tumblr-tier thread and remake it to be about video games.

Do you wish you could have sex with her 2d body user?

Do you understand how anything works? They made a full remake of the game. New everything. They can't sell it for 10 bucks even if it is from the SNES era.

Holla Forums is for fsggots

WHO GIVES A SINGLE SHIT?
I dont fucking care what they did to it, how much effort was put into it and how many fags wanted it. It isnt worth it to buy a game for $40 that was released 2 decades ago. Think about the ammount of work it actually took, how much of the sprite work was done in a few weeks by a group of animators? How long do you think it takes for a seasoned veteran to remake a song? Stfu you enabling cunthole $10 max. You can buy mad max for $20 and they put a fuckload more work into that than it took to make this.

the remake looks incredibly low effort anyways, there's no reason to play it over the original even ignoring M-M-M-MUH CENSORSHIP

so any chance of nude mods

Who gives a shit? Are you really this sensitive? If you don't have bigger fish to fry, you are a fucking idiot.

Supposedly you can attack 360 degrees or at least in 8 directions rather than the old four, and so can the enemies. It also takes the older mobile port enemy data being more active/faster so according to one source, fighting enemies with long range attacks suck more since they rapid spam blows to make it harder to approach. But hey, at least the menus and palettes don't glitch out, right?
SoM never got a decent fan translation. The VWF hack only has the guy flourish what's already said, kinda like a lot of the text in one of the FF4 Hard Type translations. The game had the issue of being rushed through for English in less than a month with little space from not downsizing the text width, so you have chunks of dialogue truncated and many scripting errors left in.

Do not tempt me into sin satan

And back in 199X, generic "he" was far more prevalent than singular "they". First mistake is allowing the enemy to dominate language.

did 'they' serious do this…holy fuck?
Other than that does this game flesh out some of the later dungeons that were incredibly short?

Seeing footage, the map used is based on the mobile updated sprites, which I think many of the tiles are lifted from later Mana games or little touchups. No word if the map uses the water reflection effect

Whether or not the map uses updated sprites isn't the issue here. It's its mere existence. It doesn't belong, doesn't need to be there, and should be entirely optional, at the least. Having it permanently sit there taking up screenspace and casualizing everything would trigger me every second of gameplay.

Also that mobile screenshot looks like hot garbage, holy shit. Mobile = cancer.

Kill yourself, tumblrina. "He" is the proper word for such cases. Or "it" if you refer to an animal. "They" is plural and cannot refer to a single creature.

How did you fags laugh at nintendo cardboard? This is almost as bad

Now this is the power of autism…

Cardboard is way, way worse.
I bought it because I want to see FF1 and Chrono Trigger on PC. If the old games aren't selling no other classic's will be ported even if they are inferior versions.

Singular they/their has existed in English since the 1300s, however, it should only be used when they aren't even present
However, it shouldn't be used when someone is present, the default he should be used and the person can feel free to correct since they're right there.

If only
tfw people have mistaken me for a girl countless times throughout my life

You gonna post pics or what?

CY+3, not astrally projecting everywhere. Shigiddybobbitydoo.

Dubs have spoken,
Post pics or get out you slut.

Maybe you should stop taking hormones so you can grow a beard.

How much soy do you consume?

Those are some buttbabybearing hips.

fucking ban this nigger

Despite your remarks i think by teasing that other fag you are extremely gay yourself.

A cute girl?

No fuckin' fun allowed, jesus christ. Guess we better get back to arguing about shitty remakes.

One thing is for sure, the main larp of this whole website is heterosexuality

>everyone comes here to pretend they aren't faggots
Sounds about right to me.

$40 20 year old snes gaymes

Maybe you should fuck off to >>>/cuteboys/

Nothing wrong with /cuteboys/ as long as you say no homo.

They're probably just gonna delete the thread now anyway. Oh, well.

And nothing of value will be lost.

im playing in japanese voice
with luck ill finally found the secret of mana… the gender of this loli/shota thing.

but yes, SE its not hiding their jew level by asking $40 in a 25 years old game

This is the gayest thread there's been on Holla Forums in the last 2 minutes.

Is such a thing even possible?

only during the intervals when nobody is posting in the GG threads

Hmm.

And it's still probably less shitty than current triple ayy crap. Not that I'm going to buy it, since this remake doesn't seem that compelling to me, and I can always play the snes version on an emu.

Man, mankind, humankind, humanity, manpower, etc.. these words are properly neutral, in terms of historic grammar and syntax. Ignoring that whole "language changes, Grandpa!" argument, using "they" to refer to someone neutrally is not incorrect either and has been in practice for a long fucking time.

Of course, all of this assumes that it even matters. Vast majority of people don't give a fuck about pronouns. Only uppity retards with nothing else going for them will go out of their way to bitch about having the wrong pronouns used.

Written like a person that had to take ESL. Using they as an indeterminate gender pronoun is fine for plurality. We get it, though, you degenerates/faggots love telling everyone, at every possible opportunity, that you're degenerates/faggots.

They, the faggot translators/SJWs, should have used the words "it" and "it's" respectively.

autism

What in the fuck? Anyway the game is possibly worth a pirate. Especially if you've never played it or finished it. Installing it to my HDD made the game full of microstutters, but that was fixed by reinstalling to my SSD. It's only like 8GB anyway. Also recommend changing BGM to original since the remakes are crap. Lastly, the only difference in game mechanics I've noticed is that I can't seem to switch control to another character. Polite sage because this thread went to shit.

It does feature best grill.

Sounds like a ringing endorsement to stick with the original.

They lost me at

Yeah you can mute it
(Checked)
Pretty much. I do like being able to attack in any direction though. There are a few more oversights I forgot though. One being that, when playing with a controller, your screen will gladly shut it self off if you haven't disabled that in your computer's power options. Another is that the mouse stays on the screen, so you have to move it to a corner. Not huge deals, but I don't get how they overlooked them.

The new soundtrack is shit, use the old one.

I just recently replayed Secret of Mana. And while I loved it back in 1993 it's really disappointing to replay now. As a kid, I never realized how broken and unfinished the game was. Seriously there is a midpoint in the game where they just lose the plot and have your run around fighting reskins of bosses you already fought. Also, the combat is fucking garbage.

I really hope this remake actually improves the game. If its nothing more then an aesthetic update then into the trash. Personally, I sorta like the Low-Polly art style, if they fix some of the flaws and I might check this out. Did you know Secret of Mana was originally going to be a CD game but then when Nintendo stopped working with Sony Square had to salvage the project and it was split into two games? The split up project became Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. That is why Mana is rushed because they cut the budget mid-production.

That would imply people here have sex

gadzooks, next you'll tell me Mario Bros. 2 wasn't really a Mario game

h*ck off tumblrtale

Are you surprised? This is the world we live in. This is pretty tame considering what we usually get. Doesn't change the fact its a shit remake though.

Kill yourself nigger. Your face is garbage.

fuck off cancer

Well, fuck you too, Holla Forums

Nah. Feel free to be the professor emeritus of what halfchan supports or doesn't though, you seem to have an affinity for that kind of niggerfaggotry.

It was just a cockteasing slut. has a teaser for you if you swing that way. Ya big gaymo.

One line in one book doesn't count, kike. English is what people speak, and in English the masculine pronouns are used as placeholders in all cases.

Almost forgot to post this

underrated post, Holla Forums ain't foolin' me, they might be foolin' la migra

Niggaz just ain't foolin Chad Warden aight

You can't be heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual unless you have fucked a woman, a man, or a man and a woman. Virgins have no sexuality, because they are pure.

That's like saying you can't be a vore fetishist without being eaten alive.

Not at all: fetishes are temptations, not eternal sins. All that needs to be done to turn a virgin into a truly pure being is their removal from the World. At that point, they'll never be tainted by the flesh, and never feel the temptation. Take the sacrament, join in consolamentum.
*gnostic propaganda grows in intensity*

the combat inf Final Fantasy XV is gentlemanly better then Secret of Mana. Take off your nostalgia goggles!

who?

genuenly*

user, there's a reason that got autocorrected…

no! Secret of Mana'scombat was boring shit and the magic is broken. The only redeeming quilt is playing with friends. But even watching paint dry is fun with friends. The issue is that the game is so easy that at times its sleep-inducing.

What the fuck is this shit.

THANK FUCKING GOD
They didn't fuck up the best song ever written in video game history.

Am I supposed to get angry? Just play the original. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to play this.

Those digits don't lie.
All I cared about was a good version of "A Wish" and I got it. I am not playing the remake though.

Shit argument but quads so I don't know what to say.

(nice)
I have the original, doubt I'll ever see the need to play this new edition if it's just a few minor changes and HD stuff.
Keep your old equipment, anons.

THIS IS TRUE

454ebc preemptively BTFO'd

You phallus prowling phablet posting phaggot. I challenge you to a gentlemanly oil wrestling match at dawn.

Oh shit, I think you found the one song they did a decent job of remaking. I'm still pissed they did this to Color Of the Summer Sky though. At least the dislikes outweigh the fuck out of the likes for it, I guess.

that's a plural pronoun you nigger, its not a misgender pronoun, that doesn't make any sense

it would indeed be more appropriate, just seems case illiteracy

its not a 25 yo game you nigger, its a remake of the same game, they need an engine, 3d models, textures and all that shit either way, not that I agree with the pricetag

why are you comparing a last year's game with a 90s game?

I agree with with you all up to that point, which is bullshit, CT was done long before that,
SoM was indeed aimed for the first PS, after the split, they had to make do with the limitations of the snes
which turned up to be a marvel of technology to what the snes was capable of
either way the game was much more of concept of gameplay and engine, the live action fighting with rpg elements, open world, multi-characters, multi-players, etc
its only fault is with the story, which was incredibly superficial

This could have been a great opportunity to add back in all the stuff they cut the first time, even without the Chrono Trigger split there's still a lot of stuff they obviously cut, but i'm gonna go ahead and assume they didn't do that.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea.

Probably a shitskin. I could make a better fucking remake of that shit by importing a midi of the original into FL Studio and changing the soundfont

Dear fucking god it's like they mixed it with the crazy bus theme.

This is a fucking crime. Like someone fucking okayed this. WTF.

Holy shit it's legitimately painful to listen to.

Oh shit check out this one at about 100. Dear fucking god.

Dear god. It's like they hated every single thing about the original soundtrack and wanted to change it. Who the fuck did this?

How badly did they fuck up Meridian Dance?

How do you fuck up this hard? This is some of the worst remixing i've ever heard. It sounds like they're outright missing instruments and that electric screeching shit is awful.

It's now very weak techno.

What the fucking shit.

It's like someone went out of their way to ruin the music. How did anyone think this shit is acceptable?

Nupoi is supposed to be a little boy

is this the new smash mouth song? because (pic related)

i like the expression at least

genuinely*
genuinely*
genuinely*

After all that, CB is actually like a palate cleanser now.

The last remake was much better.

Somehow i doubt that.

Crazy Bus doesn't sound quite as bad now.

Maybe this isn't real? It might be some sort of YTPMV made from some ancient sources. I listened to it once and it gave me a headache, so it's a shitty one anyway. I don't even know what to say about this, but if it's real, did they hire a talentless, deaf person to oversee their music production? Even the worst nigger would listen to this and come to a conclusion it's shit and unlistenable.

Could have hired Koreans.

Much, much better indeed.

It really does remind me of the Evergrace soundtrack

Then what the fuck are you complaining about?

this is just a worse example of the same thing. you're not doing yourself any favours.

Reminds me of this

You weren't really asking, but embed related.

I like this version. It has the same excruciatingly busy style of production as everything else the composer does, but it's not actually worse than the original in this case.

You know, you're allowed to state your actual opinion. You don't have to pretend to be retarded/autistic/whatever it is you want people to think of you when you act like you don't get it.

I like it.

I like the alt boss theme. Main(?) version sucks tho.

(Anyone know what the vocals are saying at 3:15?)

A child, quite literally, called 'it".

The alt version of this isn't half-bad, but judging from the comments, the alts don't play in-game. Too bad, they seem to be the only tolerable tracks in the whole Remake OST.

It's not human. Or dwarvish. Natch.

Is…is that supposed to be Thanato's boss music? The fuck?

:^)

start with this next time faggot

I want Fromsoft to remake THAT

It costs as much as the super nintendo cart, and isn't as good.

Or, OP, you could stay consistent with the original work and not make it a male or female in the localization which fundamentally changes the character. Aren't all you fucking autists complete puritans when it comes to localizations, expecting it to be as direct as possible?
Or do you just want all localizations to change to YOUR tastes and only say localizations should stay true to the original when its convenient?
Jesus fucking christ, I guess now we're to the point where its only satisfactory if all localizations are changed to "Hitler saving Western Civilization from the degenerates."
I couldn't care less about the Secret of Dogshit remake but to get this autistically assblasted about THE LOCALIZATION BEING ACCURATE is actually pathetic. KIll yourself.

"They're a good child" is linguistic barbarism for the sake of socjus signaling.

It doesn't matter what it is, did or did not the original work use an English equivalent to they? I'm not going to compromise that anyone should change the original work in a localization for any sake. I don't care if faggots use "they" to describe someone or not.
Why should the work ever be censored in the localization to protect your feelings whenever its faithful to the original? Explain to me how this is social justice signalling whenever this was a direct translation WITHOUT accusing the original work of the same.
You can't have a direct localization and have them change this at the same time. You would be fundamentally changing the game. Localizers can either run hog wild with their "artistic choices" or they can't. Otherwise you get inaccurate piles of shit where they make whatever changes they want and even remove features and content.

I think he's referring to the word choice. Exuberant means full of lively energy. The word that should have been used was exorbitant- unreasonably high price.

God fucking damn it i somehow word filtered Exuberant=Exorbitant in my mind

Maybe because the SD1 remake a few years back was a dual mobile/Vita game (which Square then tried to make mobile only for the west, and subsequently somehow took four additional months to port the English mobile script to the Vita and put on the PSN)? I'm just guessing this would likely use the same graphical engine.

Most games that see an English release don't get a fan retranslation unless really bad off/the fanbase autistic enough. Also doesn't help when the original translator/localizer has a cult following amongst the playerbase out here, who don't necessarily want to see things changed.

If any faggots here are actually playing the game, report back who's listed in the credits as "arrangement" or whatever.

You mean Woolsey? The games he translated are some of the very few that ever got a retranslation in the first place. It's just when it happened, most of them were garbage though, and not necessarily more faithful to the script, they just kind of rewrite shit to add swear words. Wonder if that chrono trigger translation is worth a shit.

Seriously this version looks soulless as fuck. Better off emulating the original.

It's so bizarre to hear these from that game when it also has songs like this.

Also this.

Reminder that the guy who did this went on to do most if not all of Armored Core's soundrack, and seemingly stopped producing music when the games ended.

Might have gone on to do cinema/TV music or gone mainstream. The latter is what happened to Naruke, which is a blessing for the glorious lady.

waste of quads, you should be angry that they're disgracing the original to fleece people who had passion for it into throwing money at them for work made on the backs of giants

fucking retard

I don't see what is wrong with it? The character is quite clearly androgynous.

I suppose Square games would be popular for doing so for given Square's been "the face" of JRPGs in the west, but as you've said, the retranslations aren't exactly proper either at times. Was speaking more of the likes of Breath of Fire II or Ar Tonelico 2, where the original scripts were horrendous and the outright goal for the patches was to actually have a much more faithful English version for western fans to enjoy them with. As for Woolsey, in some part, I'd say Square's as much to blame for not giving him more time to work on scripts, and not providing tools that would result in less trimming (admittedly I'm not sure when VWF fully got adopted for video games), but at the same time he did see fit to make his own changes at points. Western-Kefka being a huge example. I just know that certain people, like him or Vic Ireland, can have really diehard fans at times, which might impede proper fan retranslation efforts for particular games if they make it seem like it's just not that desired (like how the Lunar games haven't seen any fan retranslation efforts, at least that I'm aware of).

You mean the official DS retranslation, or an SNES fan retranslation? I'm assuming the latter given the context, but still.

Always nice to see other anons like her work. Real shame Nora to Toki never came west, but you don't need an English release to enjoy a good OST rip, I suppose.

that alt-Danger you posted is decent, but here is the actual version just heard it, holy fuck what a butcher job

I get it now. The entire game is an awful prank.

It's like the nintendo cardboard box. The japs are intentionally making shit to mock the gaijin.

Yeah, still find it funny that the composer for bomberman went on to perform sandnigger IRL bomberman music.

The snes retranslation. WD fans are on another level though. Woolsey's fans could never be able to bully a translation company to reuse the script from a game like that.

Nasir Gebelli is rolling in his grave

But he's not dead.

he is after seeing this remake

Square Enix shills.

You're either Male or Female, being androgynous doesn't matter. "They" is only temporary.

OP is a shill.

I wouldn't touch this game with a ten-foot pole with a rating like that to accompany an equally appalling price tag. I'd barely pay $15 for this game.

No fucking way on this gay earth that I can justify spending any amount of money on this bastardization of a classic unless that score gets up to "very positive" or "overwhelmingly positive".

Its just another lazy Vita port, every single game for that console is fucking ugly and the hardware was capable of way more.

Holy shit I am listening to the OST on YouTube and I am seriously disgusted at what they did to it. How is it possible that the OST of the original game made 25 years ago is STILL better than a remake in the current year? They fucked the lich (Oracle) themein the ass hardcore. The rest is shit, too. Holy shit what the fuck were they thinking by releasing this trash?

19 minute mark is the credits
At around 21 minutes the music credits start, Hiroki Kikuta is listed as original composer, though that probably means nothing in this case, everyone else is listed as Arrangement, and apparently Yuzo Koshiro did some of the music for this game. How in the fuck did they go so wrong.

I have to find and rape whoever started this remake everything meme

Going through this a bit more an these are the names that seem to repeat
So it's mostly Touhou shitters taking a dump. I don't know what the fuck Shangri-la inc is exactly, but one of their employees actually responsible for arranging the music(Sachiko Miyano) is responsible for shit like: Metroid Other M, Final Fantasy 13-2 electric boogaloo and Final Fantasy 15.

Is this normal for this composer?

She was a kobold girl in the German translation, and I prefered it this way.

This is one case where it's deserved, because it would've been the best opportunity to at least put back in the content cut from the CD-I to SNES transition.
I think remakes are fine when they're done in a way saying "This is what the developers really wanted, but with less limitations." Which, again, would've been perfect for Secret of Mana. But no, it didn't happen.

Modern remakes miss the point of remaking because companies figured out that lazy consumers will still purchase the same repackaged product over and over again. Just look at Shadow of the Colossus PS4.

Well damn, those miserable localipologists got BTFO'd. Adventures of Mana did similar off-putting tongue in cheek shit to the script that distilled the original. Have a cute Primm as your reward, user.

It's a fantasy game, applying real world science to it is retarded. The sprite is and has always been genderless. If you're an SJW you break out muh pronouns because it's about being a special snowflake and getting the privilege to speak like a retard. If you're a regular english speaker you use they because it's quick and convenient.
Or if you feel like imitating the french, you could use "him" because the male has priority. Funnily enough, before "they" was used, leftists were trying to make "her" the default pronoun. The use of they is an improvement over that.

Nigger that counts for most fucking countries. Stop being dumb.

Speak american

If anything this is a significant downgrade from the original. The only added content is the little scenes at the inn where the characters chat about random stuff. Even then there are tons of them and they get annoying when you're just going for MP refills to grind magic.

I THOUGHT the scene telling me to go to the Dwarf Village after hitting the inn at the Dwarf Village was out of place… (Seriously, did no one proofread this shit?)

are you telling me they didn't flesh out the game?
Then why even bother with a remake

Hey, remember that super nintendo game? We did it again, but with shitty voice acting worse music packed in an all around inferior product. Thatll be 40 burger shekels goy, and dont forget to pick up the EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION PHYSICAL only at gamestop.

Supposedly, the developers are considering finally making a Seiken Densetsu 5 if the remakes do well enough (they redid Final Fantasy Adventure as Adventures of Mana two years ago - a far better game than Sword of Mana, which I'm pretty sure killed the series).

Personally, though, I take it as Square Enix PR dangling a fake carrot in front of old fans.

"You'd better buy this shitty game if you ever want to see your precious series again!"
I've been sick of this for awhile now, and I don't negotiate with threats like this.
If this is the kind of product they're offering, the series is better off dead and buried.

The chat events get "backlogged" because there are an insane amount of them. I don't think even the shittiest casual in the world would stay at an inn as often as the game seems to expect.

You should have been able to tell it was trash from the CG graphics change and voice acting of the steam trailer alone you stupid faggot

yeah, sword of mana was kinda meh

Not only did they not flesh out the game, it has LESS content and MORE bugs/flaws.

And that's off the top of my head. The game is a downgrade of the snes version, ESPECIALLY the graphics and sound. This is a shitty cash out of the worst kind. Plain and simple.

What was it?

Also
In retrospect, it's better if it stays tucked away in the past and on my Vita,w here nobody will touch it.

>There are people defending the SotC remake on this board

Apparently the original composer DID do some arrangements for this game. Vid related. Sounds decent enough compared to the rest of the track, but man does it completely miss the point of the original sound to make it sound orchestral.

I've actually been having fun with this cashgrab. I've gotten farther than I ever did on the SNES version. Didn't pay for it of course.

That's probably one of the only decent songs so far, and you hit the nail right on the head as to why it's still flawed. Even then I still don't know why at least half the new arrangements are offensively bad, or how any of that was okayed.

I've been looking into this shit, found the soundtrack CD for it on vgmdb.net and been looking up who did what, for example was done by a guy who's only concrete credit in games i can find is fucking Persona 4 Dancing All Night, a game centered around Disco/Electronic music.

I'm tempted to pirate it anyways just to see how hard they fucked shit up. Secret of Mana is one of my favorite games and i would have loved a real remake, but not this shit.

What did the SOTC remake fuck up?

nothing really, changed controls a bit, it even did some details better, but of course its console exclusive so leave it to the people that can't play it and the omni contrarians here to hate on it.

DIGITS HAVE SPOKEN

im afraid youre just a retard then

Holy shit, do you have an humiliation fetish?

Wait how do you fuck up this hard?

The official remake is a fucking disgrace, but if you like MAGFest bands then there's a 3 CD remix of all of the mana tracks called Spectrum of Mana. I havent listened to the full thing in years but it didnt make me want to choke a bitch over it like Nu3d-Mana does.

if youre still around heres one for ya, i feel your pain

Linguistically "they" is appropriate for an androgynous or unknown individual. No if you hate being called a he or she you can't call yourself a they retard

Also and this is kind of expanding on the whole linguistics of pronouns thing, the point of he/she/it/they is for a secondary party to identify something observed based on their perspective and is not actually part of what would be considered "your" identity, and I find it endlessly infuriating that for some reason retards think it is and it's completely fucked up identifying something sentient and androgynous because of retarded gender theory made by a faggot commie who drove a man with a botched circumcision to suicide for money, WHO'S ACTUAL FUCKING LAST NAME WAS MONEY

That being said, for actual problems with the remake, it is looking kind of shit.

Wait, so let me get this straight. You're telling me that one of the greatest classic SNES RPGs ever made - a game that still somehow resonated with gamers despite the English space limitations and severe time constraints that caused the translator to drop approximately forty-fucking-percent of whatever the shit any-goddamn-one was saying at any given moment - finally has an incredible chance to right this outstanding wrong (especially since it, very miraculously, flew under the radar of fan-translators)…and the modern localizers stunningly waste this magical opportunity on fucking "they" pronouns and retarded attempts at abridged-tier humor?!
Fuck this gay earth up the ass.

>liking (((Ichigo))) the true spider

I can understand it might be fun to let other people do their own takes on music, but it's probably best saved for general arranged OSTs that aren't used in games themselves. Probably should have just let Kikuta arrange his own themes solo for the entire game once more. Especially when the original version of said game is a big part of what a given composer is known for. That said, Kikuta seems to be stuck mostly getting work from indieshitters these days (Indivisible, Unraveled, YIIk, Pixel Noir), and for non-indie games winds up just one of a number of people involved with the OSTs (like this remake). For all I know, I might feel lucky just to be allowed to do a couple of official arrangements.

On a somewhat related note, I checked to see if the Kikuta thread on /vr/ was still up, since I remembered an user dumping The Lost Files in a mega there. Thread's still up, but the mega got nuked (to be fair, it was over two years back that it was uploaded).

What is really funny about the whole thing is they got so lazy with copypaste there are several instances of dialogue that refer to the sprite as he/him again because they couldn't be bothered to edit all the old shit and update it with their PC pronouns.
This remake is so lazy even the PC garbage they tried to throw in was lazily implemented. It's a sad joke.

I don't like it, but at least it's not as bad as some of the others that have been posted. Why didn't they just remaster the original tracks in higher fidelity audio? There's absolutely nothing wrong with the original tracks.

For comparison, the original

What if I told you… it was always a Mario game?

Doki Doki Panic had nothing to do with Mario. That whole "Doki Doki Panic was a Mario prototype all along" nonsense was a half-truth twisted to get clicks on dying sites - in reality, the tech demo was only said to be a Mario-style platformer.

In other words, Fake News.

Super Mario Bros 2 is literally Doki Doki Panic reskinned for Western audiences, are you fucking retarded?

Perfectly valid question.
Never change reddit, you faggot white knights.

Not disputing that, dipshit. Read again carefully.

My bad, and you're right, they were two completely unrelated projects.

Yeah there's some real monkey's paw shit right there, you get the chance to make your own dream game but it gets fucked by your dev team who wants to just make a final fantasy RPG, then when you resign from the company, it's almost as if the entire industry blacklisted you.

Damn, forgot /vr/ was even still around after the board OP tried to move everything to another chan, wonder if it still has any users

Main point is that in some fantasy stories fictional races have alien pronouns. The point is that they are not humans, so the writers made up weird pronouns to emphasize the alien nature of the race. To translate that to "modern tumblr audience" you would have to make even sillier, and weirder, pronouns to make the intended effect, or just kill yourself.

Unfortunately, there is simply no way to win in this scenario. You either go full retard or burn the building while inside it.

To be honest I've never finished portal. I thought it was a boring game.

I cosplayed as Naked Snake and had never even touched a metal gear game. I only did because it was probably the only thing I could physically pull off

Why don't you show us your naked snake user~

Yeah, kind of sad that it took him half a decade to get back into things, and even then it was composing for eroge before he could get back to vidya proper (although its worth noting an MMO he'd apparently spent years composing for wound up cancelled between Koudelka and Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro). Still, I liked Koudelka as well as the successors he didn't work on, so he at least inspired a good series even if the original was considered hit or miss worldwide and a compromised vision at that.

The board owner seems to have vacated, or perhaps logs in enough to keep the board but doesn't seem to do much about spam. And no, the board on the whole is pretty much dead, much like any non-Holla Forums vidya board that I'm aware of here is.

Cancelled and never even released at that, actually.

So another butchered remake in a sea of butchered remakes, I take it?

You are accusing others of your own problems user.

What a shitshow.

Just a heads up, you unlock the DLC by opening your game directory, opening steam_emu.ini and changing "DLCUnlockall=0" to "DLCUnlockall=1"

MASTERFUL CODE

Do you hack the Matrix with those skills?

a masterpiece aware of the sounds the sony chip and the midi format can create, and using the tools given to create something unique, given what they have to cook

a sterile remake of a composition which is especially made with certain tools in mind. They should've respected the tunes and use tools to mimic the same chimes and sound as the sony chip while upping the quality.
Conversely they could've done an orchestrated version.
But no. no upgrade to the soundtrack. No finishing what they couldn't initially when the game was rushed or limited to the SNES. They just fucking made some shitty rearrange trying to be hip and modern and lazily copy pasted the snes game to 3D. Not even any new post game content.
This is a cashgrab in every way of the word.

I thought Russians weren't allowed to post on this board.

They probably don't even have the sheets anymore.

Doubt people that played the original are interested in this one, and i don't think that was their intended target either, they probably knew that.

It's better than those FF remakes with mobile game sprites though.

They are hitting nostalgia bucks as a positive externality in their marketing, user. You'd be surprised how many plebs fall for it. After all, japan's most liked anime is Sword Art Online. The masses don't have the standards of people on this board

Just watch, three days later there's going to be a screencap of this thread showing how dum gamer dudebros are mad at the new SoM remake and you should buy it to spite them

This is a crime

This sounds like Rareware's Killer instinct tracks

i fuckin haxxor'd your mom's ass last night

From what I can tell after having played all three…

Sword of Mana a shit.

> pirate it to check it out
Wtf is this.
Is it just my game?
This couldn't be the case in the original, right?

That's exactly how the original worked. Individual attacks are staggered, and exploiting that can basically keep non-boss enemies in stunlock. The same applies with magic: You could cast a spell, recast it before the animation for it completed, and keep doing that over and over. The full damage of your spells will be delayed until your final cast, but for the entire duration of this the enemy is incapable of moving or attacking.

Also, both of the above applies to the player, too. If an enemy manages to get you stuck in a corner, they can theoretically keep you permanently in stun lock. Certain bosses have a much easier time doing this than others. And of course enemies casting spells on you will prevent you from moving or attacking once the animation starts.

There are already people writing blogs and autistically screeching that critics of the remake are blinded by nostalgia and they should be grateful that squeenix released a $40 remake with a butchered soundtrack, less detailed graphics, and 10X more glitches and bugs than the original.
Modern video games are terrible because faggots can't resist the taste of unwashed publisher dick. SoM remake takes everything bad from the original and adds everything bad about modern releases in one super-overpriced package, and people defend it.

Reminder that this is the future you clamored for

make a new game fags

Fuck off, shit shill.

the music is off key in the trailer

Good, not great, but an unfinished game from over 15 years ago should not look and sound better than an official remake now.

I'm not saying the mana remake sounds good (although the option for the original OST is nice) but they both suck.

You don't deserve those digits, faggot.

I miss the days when I got worked up about dumb shit like this.
Too bad I grew up and got actual things to worry about.

The complaints about the music are dead on. With a few exceptions most of the new tracks are pure garbage. It doesn't take much explaining to see that, either, since all of the music is already available online.
The complaints about the graphics have been bothering me, though. I can get that the art style the series has wouldn't be to everyone's tastes, but I've seen shit like complaining that the remake isn't as gritty as the original. Since fucking when did the Seiken Densetsu series ever look gritty? What the fuck are people expecting the game to look like?

One autist's passion project is bound to look better than anything actually intended for release. He doesn't have to compromise on model, texture, lighting, or sound quality to make sure it can actually run at 60fps. Though, most modern developers can't even get their games running at 30fps without frame drops while looking halfway decent, either, so it's a moot point.

And yet you post here

You're thinking of 'it'.

Like responding to Anons who are worked up to tell them how grown up and above it all you are. It's pretty stupid to try and convince us you have so many higher concerns on your plate when you're here arguing about the things that are supposedly so beneath your concern.

Rarely. I mostly just lurk these days.
Anywhat, as was said a million times before, the original doesn't magically stop existing. As far as I can tell, there's literally no reason to play, let alone purchase, this iteration of this game. It might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned. What's old is new again, forever and ever.

Go back to Cuckchan faggot

Nice digits, friendo.
Don't mind me, just reminiscing on how I used to feel. I suppose I could've chosen my words better, so as to not seem like such an enormous faggot.
Eh, in any case, you're right. Not much to do on a holiday like this but do lame things like laundry and browse shitposts. I'll leave you all to it.

Watch out! Your testosterone is showing, you might need another dose of estrogen!

>vgmdb.net/album/73689
I kind of want to hear the rest of this guy's shit out of morbid curiosity now.

How? I thought faggots loved all those rehashes?

'cause WE WUZ.

Not that it did or didn't sell poorly, but that's the number of concurrent players. Though with the all-time high for Asscreed Origins being so low, I wouldn't be surprised if it sold like shit.

That was my point. Okay-tier nu-graphics remakes to refresh the classics for a new generation are fine, in fact the handheld 3D remakes of old FF & DQ games Squeenix started making soon after they stomped on CT Resurrection and then made crappy low-effort port when they finally got around to CT are good examples of that.

Even the rank incompetence of the translation and musical remix are ultimately minor issues, trivially fixed by modders if anyone really cares that much.

The only complaints in this thread I find legitimate are >>14340086 about how this opportunity to take what in the early 90s was a Shenmue-tier dream project, but would now be a slightly below average AAA game, and put the pieces back together right, was utterly wasted reproducing the hashwork squeezed into that SNES cart.

Reminder it was the second rev of a project originally intended for the N64

You really don't. This guy reeks of postmodernism.

what the heck are you doing HERE of all places, meta

This game looks like fucking trash. The original looks way better.

forever underage

The 3D remake of FF3 is significantly better than the NES version and if you think otherwise you're fucking stupid.

archive.is/Jxa3E
Piss off, Squeenix Shill.

You probably didn't even read the review otherwise you'd realize the person that wrote it is a fucking moron. The only legitimate point he brings up is the limitation they made on enemies, everything else is clearly just the author being shit at video games.

The DS remake of 3 wasn't even harder than the NES original. On average it was easier simply because you had less enemies to deal with, and outside of the final two dungeons you didn't really run into common enemies that benefited from having more HP or getting to attack twice.
Those final two dungeons were fucking cancer, though. Especially when it came to bosses, and especially Cerberus with his three fucking hits per turn.

Every single change to the game's monsters actually a pose a significant problem for an RPG heralded for its gameplay. There's hardly any other way of looking at it other than an attempt at making the game patently unfun. If you think superficial shit like the characters now having the depth of bricks instead of pieces of cardboard handedly offsets that criticism, you were never a fan of oldschool Final Fantasy.

Reminder that we almost got a real remake of the actual game.

the retardation of western audiences, everyone. you deserve every shitty and inaccurate translation you get. that way your feelings are safe.

If you'd read through this thread, you'd know in several ways that the remake's translation is nearly as shitty and inaccurate as the original, if not moreso.

Not to mention, even if you have shit taste and somehow tolerate the "remastered" music (though there's a toggle), the remake is objectively worse as outlined.

Get it only if you badly need to see Primm in a sexy tiger bikini which, thanks to the game's shit coding, is readily available for everyone who didn't get DLC.

Unless, of course, you're this fellow.

Wait, you liked your rings getting cut off on the corner of the screen?

What the fuck?
Why?

Speaking of the Lich theme, Dark Oracle, this is what they did to it in detail. Honestly if this were a different game that didn't have a legacy, it'd be serviceable, maybe.

But what the composer did was cover up the original Balinese orchestra style and "tchek tchek" chanting melody with a very loud extra baseline, a second melody and a loud yell from another singer. The result is that there's no clear melody and it's more of an assault on the ears, and the ORIGINAL melody takes a backseat to the new melody in regards to sound balance. It comes off as arrogant, there's no respect for the original theme.

The original had a simple melody and focused around that, using the strange instrument and vocal choice to characterize the song, which stood out among the soundtrack since nothing else did that and it made the boss memorable.

Like imagine this song getting a retread and instead of using real instrumentation instead of MIDI, they added fucking dubstep to the music. That's basically what they did.

But Word of God is right and you are wrong!

Checkmate, autists!!

If they ever fucked up SotN's ost I'd fucking go school shooter.

FBI please.

It's like the part from 1:15 to 1:45 was composed by someone completely different, the fuck.

Holy shit that sounds like its a Midi file.
Like how could any self respecting artist create something this terrible ?

I want to find SupaPixelGirl, romance her, fuck her, love her and give her many childs.

I want to fuck ProtoMagicalGirl in the crotch wound, adopt a child with >her, and leave them both behind