Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

MH 3DS DOWNLOADS

4 Ultimate: mega.nz/#!UFdgDTzS!ws52fBS8Xx-5Rf5oeNtYIQ_9Es4oBEXEg7GQ6as5THo
If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.
Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:
>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

boards
steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/
steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
steamcommunity.com/id/Mark447/groups/
f-list.net/c/nakarkos
citra-emu.org/game/monster-hunter-4-ultimate/
hooktube.com/watch?v=YEJq6t_PXJ4
hooktube.com/watch?v=DFxnd729WPQ.
hooktube.com/watch?v=etsPzGi3rVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Copypaste from prior thread, thank you for your hard work user

Did some research on Tempered Monsters in MHW
And collected them in this post for easy digestion.

What is a tempered monster?
Tempered monsters are the endgame/postgame monsters in MHW.
They are just like the regular monsters, but have increased attack power (enough to one shot geared hunters with certain attacks.)
Tempered monsters also have a purple outline in their icon and leave blue tracks.
Investigations with tempered monsters also have purple reward boxes.

Categorically the tempered monsters fall into 3 groups:

Pukei-Pukei
Barroth
Jyuratodus
Tobi-Kadachi
Radobaan
Paolumu
Rathian
Anjanath

Rathalos (Might be tier 1, could not confirm)
A.Rathalos
P.Rathian
Diablos
B.Diablos
Odogaron
Legiana
Bazelgeuse
Lavasioth
Uragaan

Nergigantte
Teostra
Kushala Daora
Vaal Hazak
Kirin

Higher the tier, the better the rewards.
Note: the highest rarity drops are exclusive to the 3rd tier.

Where to fight them?

Tempered monsters are primarily investigation only, there are also few quests that pit you against tempered monsters.
Tempered monster investigations are generally unlocked by gathering tempered tracks in expeditions. (These tracks seem to always spawn in the same spots)
You can also them the same way as normal investigations when hunting tempered monsters. (break parts, gather tracks) But the chance is very low.
They are also found under Investigations section when responding to S.O.S.

Why fight them?

Tempered monsters drop streamstones in rewards and tempered monster investigations reward either streamstones or feystones.
Streamstones are used to augment Armor. They also come in different rarities.
Streamstones can also be used at the melding pot to create new random decorations out of the old ones.
You can also rarely get "warrior's streamstone" from 2nd tier upwards, they come in different types like Axe (Switch Axe & Charge Blade), Ranged (Bowgun's & Bow), etc, and can be used to augment the corresponding weapon types.
Warrior's streamstones also have a rare version called "hero's streamstone" needed for augmenting Tier 8 weapons.

Note: that lower rarity armor require lower rarity streamstones to augment and lower rarity weapons have more augment slots.

Feystones turn into decorations when identified, and come in several different rarities.
This is the only real way of getting rare decorations, and the fastest way of getting decorations in general.
There are decorations for at least some of the set bonuses present in the game. (Bonus charge level for bow, Extra damage on non elemental weapons, etc).

Augmenting quick and dirty

Weapons can be Augmented following ways:
Increased attack (+5 raw)
Increased affinity (+10%)
Bonus defense (+10)
Extra slots (potentially upgrade existing slot)
Heal on attack

Note: Numbers can potentially vary depending on weapon type.

Rarity 8 weapons have 1 augment slot, Rarity 7 has 2 and Rarity 6 has 3.
Each augment also requires different plates and gems for different monsters.

Note: A weapon must be at the end of it's upgrade path to be augmented.

inb4 thread becomes cancer

OFFICIAL /MHG/ SQUAD
EIGHTH FLEET

Eighth Fleet squad session ID: nGQFXzKHQLQ

Joining the session does not change anything. It's like a LAN or lobby. You can still solo quests. This means you can join and continue on as normal while chatting.
When you post a quest, it will be visible to the rest of us and we can join before you depart or during the quest.
For those who still need an invite: just type in the ID in "join online session" | "search via ID". Then type in chat and say, "Legiana a cute!".
Reminder that you don't need the ID if you're already in the squad, but if you can't seem to connect to the one that already exists (via squad session search), you might want to use the ID instead.
Unfortunately, the gathering hall hub is near-pointless since you can just post the quests from the village. That being said, we like to see that pretty face, so afk there and not the gay village unless you want to be a homo.

Will reply to this post when ID changes

Don't jinx it

Zinogre is best monfu.

This is the leaked monster list. Along with deviljho it shows a few more monsters that arent in the game in the moment and may be added alongside it, such as..
>Oroshi Kirin
>Lunastra
>Alatreon
Thats not that much but there is a monster there without an english name. How mysterious.

Huntresses > Guild Girls > Monsters

like poetry

user I found this picture online, it is literally months old. For fucks sake.

What should I emulate while waiting fot the PC version?
Already have Tri
Should I Emulate everything from the original PS2 Monster Hunter an ramp up the contemt until Tri or just play specific releases?

If you're interested in observing directly the progression of the series, start from the original. Otherwise, play Freedom Unite, Tri, and P3rd

Alright, thanks
I'll likely play the original first and foremost just to see how the series evolved from there.

I definitely reccomend playing the original. Do not play the G or portable versions of the original game though, it's incredibly fun with it's more puzzle/prep/knowledge focus and the fairly small but varied selection of quests to clear, but G/portable just add hours and hours of bloat which are horribly painful with gen 1 mechanics.
I mean unless you're a masochist I guess

Have fun user. Just keep in mind, the PS2 games all use the second stick for attacks, while every other title uses the face buttons.

If anything I might suggest playing a bit of Portable after the original just to get an idea of why it got so much more successful on the PSP, but 2G/FU should have the same effect.

Exactly, just skip straight to FU unless you want to spend hours getting BRAZZER'd by infinitely spawning hyper-agressive gen 1 bullfango.

I should add 'or play dos', which is also great. Playing a bit of portable wouldn't be that bad though, but it would have to really only be 'a bit', I wouldn't actively recommend it unless someone they really enjoyed the first game and FU or were absolutely adamant about playing the entire series in release order.

Hot damn World is fun.

Where in the world is stalker senpai?!?

Cant wait for World Ultimate, the best version worth playing.

I'm starting to wonder if they will even make a G version or just make it an expansion pack.

Waiting for the PC version most likely.

Making a 4u room for a few hours if anyones interested
not putting a pass for now since i have no idea if anyone's interested
08-7960-9584-5643

OFFICIAL /MHG/ SQUAD
EIGHTH FLEET
Eighth Fleet squad session ID: 4bYwZEj3JDWX

Joining the session does not change anything. It's like a LAN or lobby. You can still solo quests. This means you can join and continue on as normal while chatting.
When you post a quest, it will be visible to the rest of us and we can join before you depart or during the quest.
For those who still need an invite: just type in the ID in "join online session" | "search via ID". Then, type in chat and say, "Legiana a cute!".
Reminder that you don't need the ID if you're already in the squad, but if you can't seem to connect to the one that already exists (via squad session search), you might want to use the ID instead.
Unfortunately, the gathering hall hub is near-pointless since you can just post the quests from the village. That being said, we like to see that pretty face, so afk there and not the gay village unless you want to be a homo.

Will reply to this post when ID changes

Reminder to update the game to 1.06

Every time I join this I always just miss the leader so can't get invited. Any chance they will still be on in about 3 hours or so?

Will post my OC as i upload it.
Mostly funny/ satisfying videos.

Yes. He's on now.

Is this a decent speedrunning time?

Probably off selling some other product.

With how hard (((some people))) were trying to push the idea that being forced to buy the base game and the digital expansion was somehow more consumer friendly than being able to wait it out and get the full game all on one disc without any digital kikery involved, it's possible.

Post Hooktube links I ain't clicking that shit nigga.

Both would be the best, more options are better. Just saying that with how hard they were trying to astroturf, it's entirely possible that they're going to go full jew and make it a digital expansion only. Hell, we're already seeing them do paid DLC.

nerscylla (male)

It's just Monhun videos, you autist.

Would have gone a lot faster if the retard remembered to use shelling. Whenever you land that overhead slam, you should follow it up with a shelling burst to ensure maximum damage.. and it flows naturally into the rest of the combo, so you can still land the remaining hits and get the wyrmstake.

It's my own channel
I'm not monetized and have close to zero views
It's easy to upload directly from ps4 to youtube

Hooktube IS YouTube, just replace the (You) in the URL with hook.

never used it, let me try
still, any reason to use it besides "muh corporate website"?
I hate the lack of a preview

Youtube's shit is wonky as hell. I don't think it even registers views properly anymore. Not like it makes google any money anyways. The second someone makes a viable alternative that doesn't implode or die after the first month, the place is dead.

Nigga will you shut the fuck up? Every fucking thread with your gay bullshit. Your attitude for the entire year I have been in these threads has been utter fucking AIDS. And if you want to try to pass yourself off as another person just don't. Your posting style is incredibly consistent.

Persona 5 is the best one.

i guess i'll be posting like this from now on
i'm liking being able to save the video

I think it loads faster for some people, though I haven't noticed a difference, and has a built-in interface for downloading the videos easily in either webm or mp4 format.

Nigga you don't even deserve a (You) for that.

and last one

Makoto pls leave

Is bow worth it in World? I haven't played bow since FU and it was pretty terrible then. I prefer bow over bow gun because I am too much of a lazy Jew to forrage or buy ammo.

Yes.
The only bad weapon is apparently horn but i've seen speedrunners use it so i wouldn't know anymore

I heard it got buffed in last patch and pretty many people seem to play it now.

What weapons do you guys see when playing online? I swear I see nothing but switch axes and baguettes whenever I help out on a hunt.

Something something no bad weapons. I'm not a huge fan of the IG but it's never stood out to me as any sort of enjoyable personally. Still a good weapon though, I'm just too lazy to maintain upkeep. That said, ammo foraging isn't an autistic grind anymore since you get tens of seeds per plant now meaning the grind isn't numbing. Bow is good and pretty mobile, does severing damage so it can pop tails, element built into the weapon unlike guns and is fast firing enough to justify elemental damage on it. Great entry level weapon for ranged combat as a whole.

I play with my group of friends and they main DB, GS, SA, CB, IG, LBG, and i myself main GL, H, SnS and HBG.
We also try not bringing the same weapons as eachother because OCD.

forgot to mention i have a literal fedora gentleman friend who alone mains Long Sword, Charge Blade, Dual Blades and Insect Glaive.

Only sword & shield and the hunting horn are 'eh'.
Still entirely viable, it'd just that everything else is better at their gimmicks. Like horn, removing buffs, is a slower way to hammer.

Switch axe, charge axe, and baguette. Occasionally I see a great sword, but rarely ever SnS. Dual Blades are somewhat common. I've run into a couple gunners, one or two other Gunlancers, but never hunting horn. Never Lance.

I guess you're right. I have a tendency to autistically use one weapon so I guess I'm limiting myself in terms of fun. I'm still low rank, but have used gunlance since Zora Magdros. On the sky and sand mission now.

I-I guess you can still use the slingshot with the weapon out ;_;

Yes and it the rightautistic hands it could become terribly broken. Along with every single other weapon in the game
As a HH main that weapon is amazing too. I managed to solo a tempered nergigante in 13 minutes with one, I just had trouble in its nest because its attack power increases there and I didnt know I could just pop the guy with a draw attack or two.

Zinogre is male only. Fuck off with your disgusting tranny genderbender shit. How dare you insult my husbando with this garbage?

This is like someone trying to claim Gamefreak releasing the same fucking game three or four times is consumer friendly, because you can just ignore the first two and get Pokemon Ultra Mega Good Goy Version a year later. It's a shitty cash grab intended to milk as much money out of the potential customers as possible, because there are always going to be plenty of autists and children who buy every single version. As much as I hate Bethesda for being massive kikes, they at least used to do this in a somewhat consumer friendly way; release a game at full price, sell DLC and expansions, then once all the DLC and expansions were released, cut the price of the base game and start selling a complete edition at the old full price which includes all the DLC and expansions. This way, people who bought the original can get the new content without needing to buy the entire game again, and people who skipped the original release can still get the game and all the extra content without needing to pay a tonne extra for all the DLC. Then they realized Capcom and Gamefreak were even bigger jews than they were and decided to follow in those footsteps, and now they've released Skyrim and Fallout 4 a billion times each.
Also, the g rank versions almost never outsell the base versions, so the vast majority of people do buy the base version. The only game in the series I'm aware of where the g-rank version sold as much as the original base version was 4U/4G, and that was considering its total worldwide sales compared to 4's sales in Japan alone, and it still only broke even - they both sold 4.1 million, 4G and 4U combined didn't even outsell 4.

WMWYF?

The handler

I've seen a lance player online before, but the only HH players I remember seeing are from our squad eighth fleet, including myself.

Lance is horrible online with randoms, because it doesn't have super armor. And randoms have zero spatial awareness so they will keep tripping you. Otherwise a great weapon.

I think I've only seen a single person online use a hunting horn other than people from Holla Forums rooms, in any MH game. I can't think of a single other weapon I can say that for. I distinctly remember it because he was a corner horner who bitched that people didn't wait in the spawn room for him to buff everyone, then did nothing of use for the entire hunt. He was living the meme.

It's funny though, with decent players, the lack of super armor is almost negligible. I've done hunts using lance with decent longsword users, and even on fairly small monsters like fanged beasts, I've had entire hunts where I don't get tripped a single time because we're both very mobile and both know how to stay out of each other's way. With shitters and randoms it's always a death sentence, though.

I've used guns almost exclusively since it was just called Monster Hunter. I know what kind of limit you're talking about. Experiment though, you'd be surprised what you know about a weapon you don't even like based on watching others long enough.

none because ps plus

I feel the same way about the Charge Blade. Like I get how powerful guard pointing is, but it just feels like crap the play to me. I really don't like this style of standing there waiting for the monster to attack you and I don't know why everybody thinks it's so fun. I like to pursue the monster and hit it myself, not wait for it to hit me instead.

Same reason I really disliked both Bushido and Brave in MHXX. It all goes against the core Monster Hunter strategy of

I'm not saying it's consumer-friendly, I'm saying it's still more so than forcing them to buy the first two AND the update just to play the latter.

Yes, the vast majority of people are idiots, your point?

So decent hunting horn players are even more rare and shine brighter than the rarest of gems. How beautiful.

user you can fight with it like how you normally do, you're just supposed to use guard points when you guard against an attack and its always better than doing a normal block. Thats why its called GUARD points.

mushroomancer wide range support slut is the only reason to play sns now that it doesn't have oils or sick arts

Sword and shield is the best. Especially in world. People who complain about the charge change need to git fucking gud with it. People who say they are gud but can't adapt to a new playstyle that gives sns more mobility and options than ever are subhumans.

The aerial pop is amazing if you aren't complete trash at it. It takes at most 3 direct hits to stun a monster with it. It stuns faster than the fucking hammer if you aren't trash.

I'm fairly certain capcpom will release a complete version when g rank comes out. Just like they do with every other fucking game they put out.

Do you think charge blade players only deal damage with forward points? Guard pointing is for guarding when you cannot dodge. It isn't for dealing damage. People fuck about it because it feels really satisfying to pull off instead of just standing there holding guard.

Same
Think I saw a Chime once on a Legiana run. That was it. Only you guys popping in add to the tunes.
Perhaps we should be Eight Octave rather than Fleet?

How open do you think the devs are to suggestions? If they've got shit like bagpipes then they're just a slight hop and a skip from putting in a Hurdy Gurdy.

What makes you think they're not gonna do both G version and digital upgrade?

Well, the most accurate conclusion is that japanese peoples are idiots

remember how horn used to actually have more stun than hammer, but then capcom decided that it needed to get nerfed into hell and back 4 games in a row?
Horn has no reason to exist with how horrible it is right now. Damage is pitiful, it's stun is horrible, the buffs are incredibly mediocre because they stack with demon drugs now making it less of a reason to even bring one when you can just have another actually damaging weapon.

It's a shame what has happened to the HH users. What surprises me though is the increase in Hammer users. Back in the day I wouldn't run into a single one for weeks at a time, now it is every 3rd or 4th hunt I go on.

Buff all of HH's MVs by about 50% and it's a mid tier weapon, at best.

It's the first time hammer has seen a buff since, what, second gen? Or maybe ever? Of course it's going to see more use now. It's probably a good thing. Hammer requires you to not be an absolute retard to be even decent with it, so hopefully the randoms using it will at least learn hitting the head is good. That alone will bring them to the top few percentiles of randoms, at least.

Ive not ran into a single GL or Lance user other than me in worlds yet and Ive basically "finished" everything to the point where I got nothing worth even killing since there is fuck all monsters

No they got nerfed on the whole and got weighted to it's perform. It's overall a dps loss. It's unironically the slowest and lowest tier weapon in the game… again

I liked Hammer in the MHW demos but loathed HH. It really needs some MV buffs.

You misunderstood me. I wasn't saying that they were buffed, I was saying that you could buff them all by such a massive amount like that and it would still only be mid tier.

oh okay then. I just can't get over they saw the slowest and lowest tier weapon from the past 3 games and thought "man we need to make this worse"

I really hope so.

It has been frustrating for the longest time that long sword, IG, duel blades, etc. all attack the head when I stun, stagger, or paralyze the monster, especially when the tail is still intact.

Either way Hammer was a dying breed for a long time, to the point where they contemplated removing it. So it makes me happy that more people enjoy using my weapon

It still felt good to smack monsters in the head with the horn in 4U and most of the buffs were fantastic. Like the gore magala horn essentially negating Daora's wind for the entire party. Or free mega dash juice for everyone with Reggie's horn. World's hunting horn feels like crap to use and the buffs suck.

With all the things they did this surprises you?

NIGHTLY 4U ROOM
02-1217-1667-2861

I never see longsword users in 4U
mostly IG, SA, DB and CB, then GS
i have only seen one SnS

and horns should never hit the monster

This is, without a doubt, the single worst part of MH4U.

Don't fucking hit the head if the hammer user is going for it, or at least set it up so you don't hit the hammer user.

user I think you just suck at using the horn.
I personally use the Dodogama horn, its atk XL and def XL are amazing to use for yourself and your party, it even has a health boost. If I can kill a tempered nergy no problem with it without carting once you shouldnt have a problem either.

that untranslated name means "treasure dragon"

I don't think you should try to stun with SnS.
Spam advancing slash and wait for an opening for you to do a short combo on the legs/belly. Spiral slash is unrivaled in repositioning potential and allows you to keep hitting the monster as it moves without stopping your attack (some weapons have something similar to it but they aren't as accurate as this).

Once you feel the monster took enough damage for you to try a mount/is about to do some attack that requires you to get out of the way go for the backstep and always follow up with a slash.
In my opinion the only times you might wanna try to land shield bash after a jump are when:
1-you have an hammer/hunting horn in the party and you can help him by racking up stun damage
2-the monster has been mounted recently (so there's no chance you'll be able to mount it again) AND you are 100% sure you'll land on his head
3-the mosnters has horns you need to break
While it's true that you can stun a Nergigante, for example, with 5 shield slams on the head… it just feels sluggish to me, like you could do a lot more damage in the time it took you to stun it; plus it's risky because if you miss it all goes to shit.

When the monster is toppled you should go for the tail. If it's already packed full of LS/CB/SA shitters then move to other weakspots (I usually go for the wings if there are any, belly/back if there aren't). Also if there's an hammer/hunting horn in the party you might consider move to his head and start bashing it.

As says use consumables that buff you and possibly the party.
Abuse the sliding attack because it deals good damage while giving you super armor AND it has mind's eye, advancing slash off a cliff is also good.
Slingshot is your friend: while that rathalos is taking off after roaring and the longswords and insect glaives are just starting to put their overcompensating weapons away you will already have fired a flashbomb at him bringing him down.

Source: I soloed the entire game (without cat) with SnS

with how bad they keep nerfing them at some point a palico is going to be a faster clear.

just because you can clear a monster slower than any other weapon by a factor of 2 doesn't mean it's a good weapon user

position yourself better faggot

You position yourself better. I love tossing faggots like you around with the hammer uppercut. Go cut the tail nigger.

>finally get a quest with desired chance for weapon type/skin
Never bothered again with this bullshit after that.

I'm playing my weapon perfectly, I'm hitting the spot that does the most damage.
apprently something you are not doing

Look, obviously it's everyone else's fault when you rush in and trip everyone. They shouldn't have been there. Who cares that you're SnS and do basically no damage and are a waste of a slot. I mean I'm hitting the spot that does the most damage, who cares that my max damage is pitiful and makes us lose dps overall because you have to get to a different spot making us lose 2 hits of an actual real weapon.

I'm not talking about HH.

My apologies, I didn't know I was speaking to such a skilled player. I only hope I can get as good as you.

Don't engage it in conversation just filter and move on.

I am calling it now the first mod we will see for the PC MHW will be a paper bag over her head.

And the second mod will be an ungodly left4bazinga-tier abomination where every little texture is replaced with this thing.

I wouldn't mind a model swap with serious handler. But she would still be a shit handler for cutscenes.

Decided to pick portable 3rd back up on the psp emulator and I'm trying out lance. I really dig this thing, I'm surprised I didn't use it sooner. I will have to give the gunlance another shot, I was a bit lukewarm on it.

Whelp I tried bow. It's pretty fun, but I guess I rely on shields too much on top of low defense and damage output. Almost killed Legiana but it bested me. I was dumb enough to skate around without watching my stamina so I couldn't dodge at critical moments. What abilities should I focus on for bow? Constitution?

Oh hey I unlocked one!

Ill be right out Iodrones bullying me

Slingshot Flash Bomb, Screamer Pods, party support buffs through items, and never have to change modes to use items to heal or other things, they're good.

Is this real?

Yes and the gestures are 4 dollars each, also including are event quests which I assume unlocks the costume, only available if you purchased street fighter 5 babby edition like a good goy.

Nothing in particular, and I think having both options, again, is the best thing.

Specifically regarding buying base versions instead of waiting for G? Definitely. That said, with how many people bought World, it's pretty clear to say that this idiocy isn't limited to the Japanese.

the cost of the gestures are absurd but the quest is free, dont be a retard. its only available to be posted by people with sfv saves for a limited time and will unlock for everyone later on. also anyone can join the quest so you dont even have to buy sfv to get it before then, just track down a room hosting it. that said, its the next monster hunter im really worried about.

yes, but note that it is most certainly a low rank jagras going by how much damage the guy takes and the fact the set is low rank only.

Then there's no problem

You're under the assumption that there won't be a digital upgrade available for World.

If you say so user, I'm just musing over capcom pretending anyone still cares about the trainwreck they called sfV

If even ONE person could play Monster Hunter World with me it would mean so much to me and would brighten up my life so much.

Please. Anyone. Please…

you know we have a squad, right?

Is the leader on to give a squad invite?

pop in and find out, if not, do it tomorrow.

Does anyone have a guide on mounting damage and what kinds of attacks cause more/less?

I know for example that jumping off a ledge and landing a single aerial attack with most of the sword weapons gets a mount if it's the first mount attempt on that monster, but it can take a small handful of Aerial Blender attacks from the Insect Glaive before I get the first mount of the day.

Warning, do not invite or allow yourself to be invited by this fag

literally why

has anyone got a minds eye/ballistics decoration and remember where from

It acts like a status, and the more on center you are, the more likely you are to mount, if you just get the tip you don't get it. Also if you mount attack a monster full center just after you've mounted before, you don't get on because there's a cooldown for the state.

I've had IG mounts where it went into the final knockdown attack animation, but then something canceled that and I stayed mounted. Is that a glitch?

I see this posted in response to this guy in every thread, what's so bad about this fag? They're a cuckchan refugee, and based on the caps from that, so bad not even cuckchan wants them, but I have no idea why. Fill me in on all the juicy autism and drama.

boards [dot ] fireden.net/vg/search/text/meowreka/

Crossposting cuckchan tripfag.

If you check the archive he also posted about how he posted the same info on gamefaqs and reddit.
He mentioned this a day or two after launch in these threads.

fine, I'll avoid him, but how did YOU find this all out?

So because I posted on more than one part of the internet, I'm to be avoided at all costs..?

Wait, is he a homosexual who is trying to lure in anons to flirt with or some shit? Or is it cause he's from cuckchan/reddit?

it's LITERALLY because I posted my PSN and shit on 4/vg/

and also because of disgord

The shit poster has been repelled by the dandy man beating him 8-2 in arm wrestling, Let it be known meowster/ada is now forever barred from joining the squad

If you're that desperate for attention or whatever that's enough of a red flag to avoid you. Act like a faggot get treated like trash.

meowreka I mean

So… if I'm fine with playing Monster Hunter alone and never ever post my ID I'll make a ton of friends, or..?

I genuinely don't understand this meme.

But user, if you keep posting your psn everywhere and getting new people and are all over disagreement, why are you lonely?

D I S C O R D
I I
S S
C C
O O
R R
D D
Stop telling me what I can and can't say, mark.

Or maybe I just literally have nobody to play with and have been repeatedly denied being part of any group.

Or no, I guess I'm just a normalfag that's le ebin trollin u guys and shitposting for likes and subscriptions. Whatever.

Being desparate and pleading for attention doesn't make you friends, it only attracts people who want to manipulate you at best. If you just posted your shit on the boards without all the stupid pleading, like your "please anyone please" bit, or if you joined the squad, you'd have plenty of people to interact with. As it is all you had to do was converse in an online session.

Are you not reading the thread?

Holy fuck, it's been forever since I've seen that
polite sage for off topic

you did this pleading bit at like 12:00 at night America time and it's 2:00 AM right now . Go about your day or go to sleep and try tomorrow.

STOP BULLYING ME

Who's Jay?

do you know him too?

If you honestly think this is bullying then you're MADE of red flags.

please stop replying to me 96aadd-kun

It feels stupid that I would have to even explain this.
He is one of 2 things:

One:
A persistent shitposter with a retard persona

Two:
An oblivious and obnoxious newfaggot who does not know how to conduct himself like a typical user, never lurked for more than a few hours, and doesn't care about any platform he's on.

All of you just bumped the thread meaninglessly by giving him attention and replies.

Holla Forums doesn't have a real community and it never has. We have always hated eachother and always will.

Yeah, okay, Holla Forums hates Reddit. Holla Forums hates gamefaqs. Holla Forums definitely hates neogaf. But what Holla Forums hates more than any of those is Holla Forums.

This is genuine advice to help you, so listen at least.

If you've been repeatedly denied from groups, don't blame anyone but yourself. You're directly asking, pleading and begging, setting off all sorts of danger detection common sense flags when literally anybody can join game groups by conversing and playing with others.

Play the game, stop begging, and just ask for an invite to the squad like a normal person. Spreading your ID around doesn't help because people can target you and spread news of your interactions, your first question to ask when wanting to join a group is to ask user "how do I sign up?". The reason people are rejecting you is because on top of acting dumb and faux-cute, you spread your identity around so people will blacklist you on sight.

Toughen the fuck up and hide your powerlevel and GAUGE the reactions and limits of others. If you don't master the first impression, people won't see you beyond that, and acting like a puppy-dog-eyed autist doesn't help you.

No, but the direct message caught my eye. Was wondering why you two didn't become friends.

It's hard to take you seriously with that formatting.

That's where you're wrong kiddo. All those are a million times worse than Holla Forums. They're even worse than /ausneets/.

That's the sort of talk of someone from Reddit, or neogaf, they're self-loathing and act horribly to others, while we use this place as a shitpost lounge. We don't hate eachother, the fact that you think that means that you think dissent equals hate, that's ludicrous. We argue, and that's why this place is good.

Neogaf and Reddit are filled with self-hatred and bile. No one here actually hates this place.

Where the fuck AM I?

Of course those places are WORSE, but they don't spend most of the thread bitching at each other and accusing them of being from somewhere else because "ANYONE FROM NOT-HERE IS FILTHY OUTSIDER!" even though literally everyone here is an internet immigrant from elsewhere like this iteration of Holla Forums does.

I've been using Holla Forums since I was a teenager and I desperately hate this place and everyone here, but I hate reddit and gamefaqs far worse so I deal with you insufferable cuntholes.

That's not meme spacing you cumdumpster.

No.
The fact that you were open enough about posting info and willing to hang around plebbitors (and others) is good cause for staying clear of you.

Why am I replying, kill me

who the fuck do you think you are and why do you think that makes you any better than me

Because you're lonely too user. Maybe you and him should become friends?

You avoided the question, user.

That's the thing, you're setting off flags that you're NOT FROM HERE. You didn't test the waters and got rejected because you act like a complete retard, one of those unstable "AM I SEXY user-KUN-SAMAAAAA" weeaboos that NO ONE likes. On top of the begging.

Hide your powerlevel refers to not referencing loss in a fucking retirement home, you on the other hand are 100% weeaboo trap. No one likes that.

But thats clearly not true since you've gone over there to beg for attention like you're doing now.
Either way i'm going to spell this out for you, you're clearly a spaz and no one wants to play with you. You've poisoned the well of people here against you by letting them associate a name with all this autistic attention whoring behavior.

What the fuck is the point of anonymity?

Play with me.

You gave your anonymity away when you
POSTED YOUR GAME CHARACTER AND ID.
In other words you posted your identity online, and no one wants to associate with it. Stop sperging right now, and just ask tomorrow online or you won't even have a group here.
Fucking hell man. Don't make this worse on yourself, and please stop flipping out. Humble yourself and stop putting on a persona.

I messaged jay on disagreement, asking him why you wouldn't add him. You seriously didn't sperg out like that did you?

There is no fucking persona.

Also, why the fuck do I have to prove that I'm "one of you" to post here and play MOTHERFUCKING VIDEO GAMES with people from here?

STOP BEING A CUNT

Are you seriously mad that someone's BULLYING you on Holla Forums? This shit is fucking tame. If I wanted to actually bully you i'd stop giving you advice and spread a rumor on various boards that you're a cocksucker who hacks accounts.

Color me interested

No, I'm mad that you dickwheels won't give me a squad invite. Stop holding out on me.

Do you know why, it should be clear? Wait a day and come back.

Two reasons, you're acting like a sperg and the leader isn't even on you daft cunt.

Apparently, he tries to use disagreement as like a dating app or some shit. He talks to an user, or reddit or wtv cancerous shithole he goes to, and after playing vidya a bit starts trying to chat the other guy up, and flirt with them. Then tries to play it off like it's completely normal. It's apparently why Jay unfriended him. He was trying to fuck him, and was weirding the dude out.

DON'T TELL PEOPLE MY SECRETS LIKE THAT

You see?

Even if this wasn't true if you stopped acting like a fucking retard and sperging out people wouldn't be interested in digging shit up about your past and spreading rumors. This is why you need to close your damned computer, keep your dick in your pants if you ARE doing this, and actually fucking play the game for the game. You're desperate no matter how you look at it.

People do that for FUN, regardless of what I do or don't do about it.

That's disgustingly desperate

And making a spectacle of yourself only makes you an actor in the play of interest. You're on the scene, and now people are interesting in digging up your dirt and spreading rumors about you.

THIS is why you hide your powerlevel.
If you don't learn this lesson, you'll suffer for it. Leave and come back with a fresh ID tomorrow, or just log into the game and ask in a week.

lol do you really think any of that will change anything

I'd have to make a new PSN and a new MHW character

mods
delete this thread

no, people forget easily. Lay low and forgo asking in the thread, just lurk for the session ID and ask around in the game without being a fucking fag, jesus.

no fuck you this is what you get for flinging shit at people

but anonymous NEVER forgets!!

Fuck off and stop trying to be cute. That's the reason people are repelled from you in the first place.

So finally broke down and rented MHW, After that fucking opening scene, Game is pretty nice, the weapons I used in MH4U (SnS and SA) were improved and Im liking the HH as well for whenever I feel doing SoS for monsters Ive hunted before. So what's HR like in this?

i have two posts in this thread you oversensitive attention whore

Well i realised Playing this game makes me fill like a fucking Nigger!

did you have a stroke?

DON'T BULLY user-KUN

(you)

This is some shit

you certainly speak like one if you pronounce "feel" as "fill"

don't pretend like you don't do it too

(you) need to stop user, take others people advice and stop spilling your spaghetti all over the place.
I thought rumors about you were exaggerated but this display of autism is not doing you any favour.
Just get off the internet, take a break and come back tomorrow, join the squad session (which btw doesnt require any invite) and play with us like a normal person.

posting anime girls =/= trying to erp with other dudes on the internet

There hasn't been anything to suggest there will be one. While it's possible there will be one, assuming there will be when the series has done that exactly zero times in it's almost 15 year history is nothing short of idiocy.

Spoken like a true Tumbler who doesn't understand how Holla Forums or chan culture in general works.

WHAT THE FUCK DID I SAY GODDAMMIT

It's pretty good to my novice eyes.
Nothing impossible thusfar save the twin tempered bazels exploding all over me oh god the scales get up my ass no matter how much I roll NO MORE BAZEL-SAMA MY VITALITY MANTLE IS TORN PLEASE NO

Never invite this fucking faggot.

It's honestly the most fun I have ever had playing High Rank Monster Hunter. It's not especially challenging. But it's still really entertaining. Most fun I have had with a game in a deep long time.

I literally left less than 2 minutes after that

Does anyone know his steam account? would be good idea to get it now in case he tries to worm his way into the PC squad when it comes out as I suspect he will use another name to get in.

After it was obvious we were no longer interested in speaking to you. Please go back to Reddit. I can deal with weirdos. But you are just next level dude. Stay the hell out.

steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/

You're not going to take that from him, are you?

Pretty sure everyone on PC will be pirating it.

at least everyone here, I imagine the game will be a massive success

Right, that's what I mean, people here will be pirating it, so there won't be a Steam group for us.

I won't. That locks you out of future content. Not worth it to pirate online dependant games, except to try as a demo.

I was mostly joking, the reality is if you ever check the 8ch steam group is the majority of users buy games and play them on steam. It's mostly a minority here who pirate but an extremely vocal minority. Same with those who talk down about steam.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I am right now

My sanity can only take so much of hunting raths and zinogre

I might.

Hey user, why don't you just join eight fleet like this user said.

So, what are they going to do that makes you replace all your decorations? Make G-rank armor have medium slots as standard and have more decorations offer 2 points or somesuch for larger sizes?

What the fuck are you talking about? G-rank versions always have updated higher tier decorations for the best skills. Artisan almost always gets a 2 point 3 slot gem instead of the high rank 1 point 2 slot gem.

You say that like DLC is unpiratable.

Monster Hunter isn't online dependent.

Considering how many groups claim to be associated with any given board of a chan and in reality have nothing to do with them, I find this claim dubious at best.

I find that there's so much inconsistency in board behavior and any time organization shows up it reflects my hypothesis that it's the only reliable data to remotely go on, identify those who identify themselves. Literally the "not my PC" argument in the steam hardware survey question. If it's not your PC you don't fucking matter. If you're pirating the game, you don't fucking matter. Stop wanting to matter when you don't is the ultimate point I'm getting at.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

Not what I'm saying you retard.

Do you know how I know you were raised on gayben's cock?

Then you're trying to shift the argument to something that it wasn't about in the first place.

if you pirate monster hunter world and can't play with the people who do pay for it and have access to the servers, why do you matter when it comes to online play?

I'm not a PC gamer any more and I grew up playing PC games years before steam existed.

Okay nevermind, you just have no idea what you want to say. Enjoy talking around in circles until you've completed your post quota for today.

Again, you're shifting the argument. I'm saying that Holla Forums in general detests Steam and doesn't use it, and that just because there are people who make groups claiming to represent Holla Forums doesn't mean Holla Forums as a whole or even as a majority supports or uses them.

I don't know about that, but if 8ch's monhum steam group is anything to go by, 20 people out of 300 is usually playing anything from steam.

And these things aren't mutually exlusive. I have +110 games on steam, but I still pirate a lot.

WHY IS EVERYONE IN THESE THREADS IN EUROPE? ARE YOU ALL SECRETLY FRENCH? WHAT THE GOD DAMN IS YOUR TIMEZONE?

not what I'm getting at but sure.

Its a vocal minority, I'm among that vocal minority. I think most people use it without giving it much thought and mostly use it for convenience.

Gonna answer the question or accuse me of "shifting the argument" again? Why do you matter if you make it impossible to play with online?

I'm pretty confident in it.

Oh it's coming, I can feel it.

IT'S HORSE ARMOR ALL OVER AGAIN

I don't know why people always vent about the horse armor, when it was almost a joke and completely optional to buy. And in a game without multiplayer so even if it had hyper stats, it wouldn't really matter.
So in a sense it is a bad example when talking about multiplayer games.

You're the reason the slippery slope exists.

Because everyone simply excused it as being optional and it would never catch on. Now every fucking game has DLC, cosmetic or not it's still fucking awful to have DLC in a 60$ product so yes, it is a problem. Devs and publishers have historically asked for an inch and taken a hundred miles, especially Capcom. I remember wanting Powerstone 3 as a kid and not wanting it anymore as I grew up and saw what Capcom became, imagining the entire item system in Powerstone 2 being filled with DLC and microtransactions.

'least you didn't buy
lacking any challenge of what made HR hard. Remember being dropped in the middle of nowhere? Yeah, fast travel and 7 camps make that pointless. remember lack of supplies? Lol, you got your box of everything at all the camps.

The only "hard" part comes from the monster hitboxes. They are wonky as shit due to sloppy programming, only here it matters since they will actually hurt and you have to start dodging/blocking in completely nonsensical ways of the monster's attacks.

IE:
The reason Plesioth is legendary for it's fucked up hitboxes is because it was the odd man out in a game where the rest of the hitboxes were, for the most part, consistent with where the monster was actually attacking.

MHW is so sloppy, expect to be slapped by retarded hitboxes all the time from every monster and for that to be the primary reason you cart as opposed to anything actually being difficult.

I don't buy dlc, so no. Keep your assumptions to yourself.

Sure, but I just thought it makes horrible example. Surely there are better ones.

Thin skinned faggot

Another great assumption. Have you liked your stay here?

The problem with hitboxes in FU I feel, outside of Plessy's hipcheck, was that you took full damage regardless of how much of a direct hit you took. For example, the tip of Rathalos wing would hit you during a charge and you would take as much damage as being rammed by his entire body, so there was a disconnect. Otherwise I never had gripes with the hitboxes in FU, you can roll under Kut-ku's tail for example, and it's not i-frames doing it.

I still think people overestimate exactly what the old "DLC" was. It's just a 1kb file that defines where you fight the monster, the attributes of said monster and the rewards. Capcom never added anything to games that weren't already in the cartridge/disk.

>(((bethesda))) try to sell a stupid add on to try and make horses worthwhile in 'blivio
>"only costs (((a little money))) "
>company sees (((profit))) in not only making little things that used to be free but actively cuts things out that were already part of the main game
Horse armor fucked everything and made way for shit like lootboxes and paid cosmetic dlc.

Oh for sure, but you'd be naive if Capcom didn't try pulling the same shit. They already are, the armor's already in the game and so are the gestures, you're paying for the privileged of using them. MH should never have pre-order DLC, or DLC in general.

There is a distinct difference between "missions that are time-locked so as to get more people working on them at the same time and draw out the lifespan of the online community" and "you can have the same content, but only if you pay more money on top of your $60 price tag, good goym".

this is why nerscylla(male only) is best monster, he wont quick to judge and jump to conclusions tbh

To be fair, they have to be otherwise the other hunters on the quest would just see a T-posed hunter jiggling around until the DLC gesture ended.

I do agree with what you're saying though. It'd cost me $11 for just those 2 street fighter gestures. What the fuck.

At this point I'm willing to bet that after G-rank's release, there will be a MHWU: Complete Edition with all that DLC in it just to twist the knife in those who bought that crap in the first place.

Surely horse armor wasn't the first one to do that.

I was mostly refering to the pre-order bonus/deluxe DLC bundle that has the samurai armor and gestures. That stuff's in the game on launch, just like the DLC of older games, except now you have to pay.

It's notable solely because it was the first.

That is exactly why people keep referencing it.

There haven't been a mainline MH game for PC in almost 15 years, there haven't been any MH game for xbox system since forever. And yet here we are, a mainline MH game for both PC and Xbone. The series is on a highly capable systems to do digital upgrade, and capcom haven't release 2 version of MH for western market on a single system since Freedom Unite

Weren't there some super autistic chat logs from him though? He has zero social skills etc.

Horse armor was released in 2006, microsoft had paid dlc in 2005 for xbox.

huh someone on Holla Forums without social skills? who would have thought!

Most people here I have played with are autistic to a degree yeah, but what I have seen from him is something else. A real autism perhaps.

Now admittedly this guy is particularly creepy, but I'd still rather play with a crazy autist than FaceBookâ„¢ crossposters.

Where the fuck are you guys coming from?
steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

I don't know who you are quoting, but I agree to a degree with you. But I rather play with the small group I have.

There haven't been any at all for either, Frontier aren't mainline.

World has made a lot of firsts, this is true, and part of why I wouldn't be surprised if a digital upgrade replaces G versions. Only a moron would take that to mean it's guaranteed to have a digital upgrade though.

You know we're "Anonymous" for a reason, right?

8chmohun was created around when 4u demo came. But it has a lot of people that never played 4u with us. It is a dead group by now, no activity related to monhun.

well I'd say that's a matter of personal opinion and not something which he should be outs as since it's not really fair. how can you expect him to get better if he can't practice? better yet though why is it your job to say who can and can't play with fuckers from here?

it's as official as the dicsords are and has cross users. infact I became friends with the owner of the erpmh dicsord from there well before that place went up tbh. think the cunt doesn't like much care for me now though

What part of "There haven't been a mainline MH game for PC in almost 15 years" don't you understand? why are you trying to be redundant?

I don't think giving a warning equals to what you are trying to make it be.

Well, at least someone here remember the steam group

In other words, not at all.

Ah, English isn't your first language, fair enough. That choice of wording suggests that there has been a mainline MH game for PC, just not in the specified time frame of "almost 15 years."

A group made by outsiders and advertised on here happened at that time, yes. We don't use Steam, much like we don't use the word-filtered chat client that keeps getting pushed by certain people here to the point Mark finally got around to wordfiltering it. Just because it gets posted here by certain people doesn't mean it's a creation of ours or even affiliated with us in any way.

How about you speak for yourself?

let me break it down

Mark is on the group though, so yeah, peoples on Holla Forums do use steam.
steamcommunity.com/id/Mark447/groups/

I also got no clue who you're quoting, but I can 100% confirm this game has attracted droves of casual retards to the mon hun scene. Basically, this is confirmed by it being referenced on imgur's top posts. Anything that makes it there is bottom of the barrel casualfag schlop

So is someone able to post the SF quest?
I'll suck your clit

I have no idea what Holla Forums you're browsing. That's the most delusional statement I've ever seen on this board, and the board is infested with Holla Forumsniggers

your first priority is to cut the tail off, as long as it's intact you have no business near the monster's head

What session ID are we playing on?

Idk why I like breaking monster parts so much, but getting that kill after breaking everything off the boss is just hnnng

Is there any reason to use HH in any of the hunt? it feels like a lame version of hammer.

tell me, how do you cut a tail off with a hammer

By not using a poverty tier weapon.

Have your cats or whatever have cutting weapons and add damage to the tail yourself until they can chop it off.
I you are totally solo, wail on the tail until the monster is almost dead then throw a knife at it.

Excessive mounting.

sounds redundant when compared to just using a bladed weapon

see then
in other words, git gud
If you can and are willing to switch to a good bladed weapon for tail drops, just do it. Only resort to that if you definitely don't want to switch from hammer.

i use SA in solo, i see hammer as more of a group weapon and i think it should be used as such

So how do the tracks for tempered monsters work?
I've only found exactly one so far, it was a single tempered Radobaan track that didn't give me anything, and I didn't see any more on the map. Do they always just spawn as a single track, or do they act like the elder dragon tracks where a few will show up scattered around the map?

Long range
Extremely powerful buffs (its attack and defense buffs are percentage based, not flat like most)
Free earplugs/tremor immunity/whatever buffs it has
Self-improvement gives it good mobility, the range lets you always hit monster heads when Hammer might not be able to reach
Gets exponentially better in groups

Let Jamie know the skeleton was asking after him

mark also owns the Holla Forums Holla Forums dicsord which was also up on the front page but was removed as well as the steam due to the faggots who guilt fuckers into doing what they want

You don't. You gotta focus 100% on skull-fucking the monster user.

Is there anything more utterly pathetic than a Hammer user who can't even KO the monster three times during a hunt?

that's my point

how 2 fight diablos and nerg with hammer?

It didnt though
those things were in every F2P MMO, companies just realized the fools who buy into that were everywhere.

This is what i get for playing when i wake up

Why in the hell would anybody ever play with randoms like this? Just play alone if they're so bad. I just spent all morning unlocking a Kut-Ku GQ, leveling up my Kut-Ku GQ, then realizing I wasn't HR4 yet so bullying HR3 key quests, and then finally after hours actually hunting HR Kut-Ku because this is my 3rd time playing through from scratch and I am NOT going to wear fucking Velociprey S again.

Anyways my point is the game is lovely when you don't play with randoms.

Let me guess, you think he's also the same guy who said all of these too.

Because i was doing GQs and wanted to see if anyone else was doing the same ones becasue i like hunting in groups

I think i have found the casual wall.
I am not friends with people irl for their skill in videogames.

Fuck.

Whew I forgot those even existed. Even more motivation to not play with randoms.

Then they'd spend all their money upgrading armor, run out of money and not even be able to buy potions or whetstones, and just cart while dealing minor damage with red sharpness weapons.

This is part of why I don't why people keep saying multiplayer is something to do with friends, unless you just want the extra challenge of having to finish the hunt before they triple cart.

Tell him he's supposed to not suck dick

You can tell a lot about a person by how they play video games, and in a way you can tell what kind of friend they'll be by how they play video games. I played AoE2 with a guy, really smart guy, he always managed to pull off standard rush strategies well and clearly wasn't a casual retard – BUT whenever I stopped him with some sort of stupid Hail Mary like using all of my villagers to kill his rush forces, he couldn't follow through. Every time there was no commitment, no follow through, and he lost every single game because of it. Turns out he did the same shit in real life, switched college majors again and again, quit his job after a few months, etc.

I like playing games with people I know IRL because parts of their personalities come out in games. It doesn't matter if they're bad at the game. What matters is how they are bad at the game, and whether or not they can be got gud.

Well, you're definitely the same guy that keep reposting this pic in every thread Makoto

So apparently nerscylla and seltas queen arent coming back due to rigging issues in the new engine. Which means new monsters are probably going to be based on existing skeletons.

LIKELY ADDITIONS:
wyvernn
Amphibian
Raptor
Brute Wyvernn

UNLIKELY ADDITIONS:
Wyvernn
Amphibian
Crawler type
Ape type
Leviathan type
Canid type

Interesting way of looking at it.

I don't have much faith in anything good coming to MHW, but there's no way in hell the Nips are going to just not put Zinogre into the game. Next to the Raths he's the single most popular monster in the whole franchise in Japan. They love him.

its the only one ive encountered but still, that left a bad taste and i just hightailed it off online once i saw that box
I think ill stick to the nightly Hunts for groups

I should be around to hunt Low/High Rank in about 20 hours give or take.

you best be lying to me boy

It's a shame, they could have done something neat with that rotten vale map and bone spiders.

He is but tobi kadachi already fills his role in every way. type, category, element even moveset to some degree.
If glavenus and abiorogu are out because of anjanath that would suggest hes not in.

After all lots of folks love giggy miggy and nerscylla but we know they arent happening.

I'd have loved it if they did

The other travesty would be when they redesign all of his equipment to be bland generic trash instead of edgy crazy shit like motorcycle engines and guitars.

They confirmed the crawler rig shits the best in the 5th gen engine so no nerscylla, seltas or hermitaurs. Unless they figure it out post launch at least.

you BEST be lying boy

They managed to do that on a god damn 3ds and the reason they moved to the ps4 was due to the better technology in the first place. How in the hell is it a problem for them to add best girl into the game with that shitty engine?? Its bullshit and I dont beleive it. They have no excuse to not add her, they just dont want her back.

Good god how did MH4U have so many wonderful new monsters in it? Monsters like nagjarala, nerscylla, kecha wacha, dalamadur, gogmazios, etc. What drove them to make that game so good yet MHW is so mediocre compared to it? Its absolutely criminal. Even X/XX had some baller af new monsters in there. The only reason I think for the monsters in world being how they are is because it must take a fucktonne of more time to make the monsters, every follicle and texture on their body, their unique and detailed animation, add in their interactions with their environments, etc. Its still bullshit though, I'm just happy world is getting continuous free updates when it comes to adding monsters, that is highly welcome.

Since you brought it up, I'm the user that wrote the post in the screencap the other user posted. Sorry to shatter your illusions but it's not just one person.

MHW is telling me I have PS+

But I've never paid for such a thing. Has this happened before? Is this a glitch?

Nergigante? Elderseal weapons can make short work of his tail.

I can only guess but i assume its not so much the monster as the map change that is the issue. Its probably why we get things like dodogama and tobi kadachi instead of zinogre and tetsucabra.

I mean fuck gypceros runs up walls, no wonder tzi-tzi ya ku replaced it.

I don't see the point of cheating quests. It's much easier and more effective to use a save editor if you want to cheat. Some custom quests can be nice, like ones that have super strong monsters or do stuff with weird sizes, or that group together monsters you'd normally never see together, but the ones that give a tonne of shit for no reason are pointless.

I can't tell if you mean Gigginox or Gore Magala by "giggy miggy", but either way, I want them both. Fuck Khezu, bring back Gigginox.

Pic related.

its not the tail thats the issue, its fucking idiots triple carting on the dive bomb so you leave with nothing AFTER getting the tail cut.

Does elderseal actually do something to Nerg? I thought it only affected the big three elders and Kirin

why do you love the nerscylla so much?

stops his spikes growing if memory serves

Because its rad? ever seen it spiderman around an arena into an under platform creep then snap up and poison 3 people then web the other?

Its not a hard fight but when it goes its a fun one. Its the anti hermitaur.

sounds good
47-9704-9258-3868

Ah I see. Yeah, can't do much about that.

It can stop him from hardening his spikes, which allows you to do good damage to his tail and horns.

It's like any status though, so you have to inflict it, and they can get over it with time, raising their resistance to it.

Funnily enough, Nergigante's weapons are his bane. They do dragon element damage and have Elderseal.

So anybody plays the PSP games anymore? We can make a group in Evolve if someone want to play.

Having love for a niche dragon is a pain.

well i figured he won't go away until someone asks

It seems like if its rigs in game its likely. So you are probably more likely to see it than something like azuros which has no ingame counterpart at all.

he's not a reskin, he's a very interesting and fun fight because not only is he fast but he fights you on multiple different ways depending on the terrain.

m a l e o n l y
a l
l n
e o
o e
n l
l a
y l n o e l a m

we still have time until the PC version drops

I think this is the one I'm most upset about. That and the fact that we'll probably never get a proper boat fight against a Jhen or Ceadeus.

Its also interesting the the 'existing skeles' rule works both ways. Take a look at Zora Magdaros standing up and thats a goddamn Lao Shan Lung rig.

The real interesting thing those is fanged beasts. Gammoth, All the apes, Buldrome and so on. They should be considered as cut as leviathans but with one difference - their type and skeletal rig belong to Rajang.

I'm still experimenting to figure out the particulars of what elderseal does, but in a nutshell nergi's spikes act the same as the other dragons' auras so elderseal should be good at breaking/preventing them.

Wait, really?

What I've noticed about using the Dragon Pods is that hitting with them will make the monster stumble a little and lose some of their effects, ie. Kirin's lightning aura will become less pronounced after three or four pods to the face. I want to experiment a little with a dragon weapon against Kushala because that fight is hot gay trash and anything that makes it more bearable is great.

'four legged' is the theme for fan types. that largely means gammoth, azuros and the like but think about the animation of all the apes. do any every walk on just two legs?

Still mad. And then after Generations and XX both showed off monsters attacking airships in their intros, Valfalk didn't get an airship fight. So many missed opportunities.

Here's something else that'll blow your mind: Tigrex, Barioth, and Nargacuga all use a variant of the Rathian skeleton.

and they all got a touch up/rework for XX so are probably more likely to get in as dlc.

Right now though i think the only ones people are certain about are silver rathalos/gold rathian because they are always dlc monsters.

Honestly, if they ever brought back underwater combat, I'd want it to be vehicle based, like going down in some kind of primitive submarine. Can you imagine floating around the ocean floor, fighting shit like Ceadeus or Dalamadur in the dark as it swims around you? It'd be pretty fuckin spook.

Ok, makes sense.
That's bullshit, but I believe it.

You can poison it. It should work great. Poison massively weakens Kushala. Or try dragonseal, I hear that works great on it too.

Actually, now I'm wondering, is dragonseal more effective against Kushala than poison is? Or does it do the same thing to it?

The game could use more spook. There are -when you find every location in game- two areas of map left open. The eastern coast of the new world and a penninsula of the coast to the north west. Assuming ones going to be tropical beach or frozen north based on monster typings and whats needed i would love another to be a spooky area. Like maybe a stormy cove of shipwrecks and stuff.

I mean fuck the story involves elder dragons going somewhere to die, why the fuck hasn't Nakarkos showed up yet?

For you and those of you interested: Here's the archived post he did close to launch.
He was told to fuck off and did not, now he can be easily excommunicated.

That'd be fuckin hot. Some kind of unexplained implication that the New World really isn't as new as we thought.

Almost forgot about that guy. He'd definitely fit in his own zone as an extension of the Vale. Something like 'Hey Hunter, we found this fucking creepy section of the Vale that we never saw before. Go check it out, hope there's no skelesquid waiting for you.'

Lorefags would eat that shit up

He is such a cool idea that they really fucked up on the execution in Generations.

Fucking ANYTHING?

xd you're an idiot tbh

Its not /monster/ time yet faggot

We have airships, and in Tri/3U found and repaired ancient diving gear that contains some sort of oxygen tank or rebreather that produces breathable air. If the guild is able to reverse engineer Cha-Cha's Ancient Mask, then considering the other tech they have, some kind of very basic submarine made of monster parts isn't too much of a jump. A few hundred meters is more than enough to make an extremely creepy atmosphere for the fights. Ceadeus's and Abyssal Lagiacrus's fights probably weren't much more than 100m-200m deep, which is enough, and we can still go deeper than that.

Look at Tigrex when it's idle, before it notices you. It often stands on two legs and walks around like Rathian does. It even has the same idle animation where it looks behind itself then to the other side. It fucked me up when I first saw it.

That reminded me of this gem.
f-list.net/c/nakarkos

I mean we already know that the Guild has known about the New World for at least a couple of decades, so shipwrecks wouldn't be anything special, especially with all the Elder Dragons around.

It's /monster/ O'clock though.

I liked Nakarkos, but I do agree it could have been done a lot better.

ok

Well that was a fucking waste of time
fuck that noise

If you are playing World just bring alot of flashbugs and pods and spam them when she is in the air

i'll trade you for my desperation

a-at least i got zenny!

No im playing 4u
i only get 5 flashbombs and have to make more on the fly
im just gonna go hunt normal rathian some more, theres to much bs just trying to get a single normal hit on pink, much less any series of hits

There are some monsters that legitimately make me think the devs don't actually play the games. Like the raths with the fly, fly, fly, land, charge, fly, fly, repeat forever shit. Or Uragaan who just rolls back and forth across the area 90% of every fight. Some are just not fun to fight at all.

Elderseal replaced the old poison effect. Kushala is still super vulnerable to poison, but it won't stop his wind shield. I think breaking his horns still works though.

Well that's fucking gay.

Well yeah, the Team Leader was born in the Commission, and assuming this isn't standard teenage Jap protagonist shit, he's probably in his 20s.

More like 30s. Besides, they said the Elder Crossing happens once every ten years and there is Five Fleets so it's safe to assume they've known about the New World for at least 50 years.

I was worried this would happen.

Come back anyways. Join us.

WHY IN THE FUCK DO HIGH RANK GQ'S KEEP GIVING ME LOW RANK PARTS IN THE GOD DAMN REWARDS WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I feel you fam, and most of the armor sets dont interest me at this point. I guess I could give tempered monsters a shot.

What is the source for this? Sounds like absolute bullshit to me.

I've been looking and I can't find any mention about this anywhere, got a link to were you got this info from?

Kek.

But that sounds a bit wonky excuse to me. All they need to do is tweak their gimmicks to work with current maps.

I'm looking into the darkness — I see lights.
There's a wildfire blazing somewhere on the steppe.
I see lights, I see the glow of campfires.
So this must be where the beast lurks.
I've been stalking it for so many summers and winters.
And now I've found it here on this steppe.
I hear the howl come from below me, I see tears in its eyes.
So the beast must have felt fear.
I'm looking into the darkness — I see lights.
So this must be where the beast lurks.
I know it's not asleep, the pain's far too intense.
Everything's burning, everything's boiling, there's a fire blazing inside.
I know just how badly its chest hurts.
He wails, he coughs — a familiar cry.
I'm spinning around in the darkness, where I hear laughter.
So the end has come for the beast.
I will not wait till morn
so I can avoid seeing how
it, awoken from his slumber, will change.
I'm leaving right now in order to save my strength.
Look up at that star — it now belongs to you.
On the steppe, the sparks are fading away in the night.
It's already fast asleep — his pain is too sweet.
The fire isn't burning anymore, it's dying out.
When morning comes, as soon as the last star vanishes,
it'll rise, fly up and follow me.
When morning came, the night settled down;
it no longer presented a threat, it just went off into the distance.
It was still fast asleep when the faintest of shivers
passed through its chest, as the rain came pouring from the sky.
It was still fast asleep when morning came.

His ass.

Eh, its bad but I feel really bad for the people who bought and played tri back in the day.
I cant even imagine a MH game with only 17 monsters in it.

I played Tri back then and had more fun with it than with World to be honest. At least in Tri every new monster felt fresh and was fun to fight. There is not a single new monster in World that really impressed me.

You made Bagel-chan very sad with that post. Expect more tsundere bombing runs.

I like almost all of the new monsters. Especially Pukei Pukei. Veal is cool too. The only new monster I absolutely can not stand is DODOGAMA. He is just poorly designed. Nothing about his design complements his abilities at all. Nothing about him screams fast rocket lizard. And he is cute but none of his weapons are cute.

how baby sized are their health pools going to be

dodogama feels like a monster you should have fought in low rank

Pretty much that. I was questioning why he even existed in Elder's Recess. It feels like he would be eaten alive.

It's not that I hate the new monsters, but most of them are just kind of lazy and uninspired. I played it a lot now and still don't remember most of the monsters movesets because they are so fucking boring. I wanna say Pukei Pukei is just a shittier Gypceros, but I can't, because I don't remember what his attacks are besides spitting Poison, the tongue whip and the usual tail swipe. The same goes for pretty much all of the monsters. No new skeletons, the designs are mostly kind of meh, their weapons are all generic and their fights are boring. I was especially disappointed by Tobi Kadachi. He looked really cool in the trailers but ended up just bad. He literally does nothing, but jump away.

He spits puddles, fast projectiles, and his tail spews a gas cloud. He also flies something gypceroes doesn't really do.

Yeah that's what I meant by spitting poison
Have never seen him do anything other than the puddles
Never seen this one either.

What, even Odog-fuck the flying bitches-oran?

Did you fight him once or something?

It wasn't so bad. Unlike MHW, almost every monster in Tri was new and you had an entire different way of fighting some of them which could be fun as long as you weren't terrible in the water. The new Leviathans and Brute wyverns were neat to fight against too.

Online play was very comfy as well.

Try was absolutely the lowest point in the series. The only thing worth keeping was Deviljho.

Water combat would have been passable if depth adjustment wasn't linked to your camera movement. And that some weapons had even a decent moveset underwater.

I wish Worldfags would leave.

man i never liked kirin to start and i particularly don't like tempered kirin

I don't suppose you can play 4U on an emulator yet? I'd forgotten just how much the 3DS control scheme fucks my fingers.

According to Citra's compatibility list technically you can run it but it's not playable, 3U apparently works fine though.
citra-emu.org/game/monster-hunter-4-ultimate/

Bring a horn buddy to play those sweet defense and elemental defense boosts whydon'tcha?

I've been abusing the thunder mantle but he can still knock my head off with a lightning bolt half the time

Have you put on some Vitality decorations with it? They stack now, to 200HP with food.

Is R. Ludroth supposed to be deal almost 3x the damage of starter monsters (G.Jaggi, Azuros, Bulldrome, G. Wroggi…) or is it my -2 water resistance that's making me vulnerable?

Yeah, he's supposed to do more damage than those guys. Your Water resistance doesn't matter much unless you get hit by his waterballs a lot. Try upgrading your armor if he gives you trouble.

I doubled down and put on a thundercharm3 on diablos armor to fight him (its the best thunder res i have right now). Beat him with 1 cart, frustratingly enough when i got back to him i killed him in 1 strike. At least tempered monsters are pretty tough because i do feel like a breezed through a lot of this compared to other MH games

FUCK OFF.

Yes he's a more powerful subspecies although 3x the damage sounds a tad excessive what armour are you using and have you been upgrading it?

does anyone actually use the monsterhunter erp dicsord and how is it when you're harassed by an admin?

you're not*

Please tell me that's not actually a thing.

How do i fight Beetle Juice?
Is there a way to limit the damage of his bombs?

I completed that one in 25 minutes
Should i upload my (edited) recording?

Ranged.

Oh he's no trouble to beat (2 down so far), it's just that I burn through mega potions despite making relatively few mistakes. That beehive at the yukumo farm is my saving grace for now.

Pic related, I might be exaggerating on just how much damage he is dealing, but it is noticeable, considering I'd be downed in 4-5 hits as opposed to about 8 or 'maybe' 10 with the other monsters.
No, I haven't been upgrading them just yet, I'm still trying out at much stuff as possible until I'll hit a brick wall and will be forced to spend armor stones or git guder.

it is >>>/erp/34747

But i'm a real man user.

Under water combat was fucking gay

jackpot trips can't lie

Upgrade your weapon, my man. And you can upgrade your armor's defense too.

also >>>/erp/148945

but expired

I can't, friend, need dem ores that I suspect come from a dragon instead of a rock. Don't spoil it, I'm enjoying being this much in the dark, gives me a sense of adventure in the game and posting here like being in a pub with older, experienced hunters.

it's ashame I wanted to arr pee as best monster tbh

This meme is going too far

That is the spirit, user!

it's what happens when autists play a game for too long. the sexualizing begins

But its always been sexual

user, you need help, there is absolutely nothing sexual about that waterfall that looks like a teething vagina.

Where's the Legiana porn?

I'll sex you

I almost don't notice it, but it always triggers my autism.

I think he meant that slutty status window.

Is Focus tier 3?

That quest was super fun and I honestly wish for a quest where you can fight all five elder dragons back to back. Or at the sake time.

I ended up having a laugh with it even though i didn't really need any materials from it

and rathalos was standard fare, getting tired of that guy

All on map at the same time, or killing two brings in the last two? I kinda want to see the clusterfuck of a four Rath fight.

Does someone want to help me get bazel gem and teo set?

It wasn't exclusively linked to the camera. You could swim directly up and down by holding B and pointing in a direction, and I think you could also evade up and down. It still could have been handled better, but wasn't as bad as people act like it was.
Longsword is fine underwater, only a tiny bit worse than on land. Greatsword is slightly better underwater than on land. Lance is much better underwater than on land, and Gunlance gains a tonne of much needed mobility underwater and has excellent precision. The only other weapons I've used underwater more than a few times were Hammer, which I can't remember any differences on, and SnS, which was a lot worse.

-2 water resistance will only increase his water damage by 2%. Every point is equal to a 1% increase or decrease in damage.

You're fucking gay and I hate you, underwater combat was great.

They all exist on the map at the same time to my understanding, they're all doing their own thing which is still pretty cool

So how is Monster Hunter world ?
Is it worth picking up ?

I have seen some good waifu making.
Never played a Monster Hunter before either.

I would user but Im too exhausted to play anymore. I could help you out tomorrow if you want.

Its okay but it has fuck all content compared to the previous games due to the fact that everything takes longer to make on consoles, but because its on a console its the most ambitious out of all of the games though. The game is still pretty fun an can last you about 100 hours if you're autistic enough, the gameplay makes it all worth it. There will be free updates too since the game has fuck all for content.
If you have a 3ds I suggest you start with 4u, the best MH in the franchise.

read the thread, but I'll give you my outsider view on the whole thing:
people here seem to be split between it being pretty dang fun and overcasualized/short
the general public seems to like it, but there's no telling how long the normalfag hypetrain will last, least of all with the pc port
What I gather from all of this is that there is a fun game in World, but it's probably not the best Monster Hunter, what with all the changes made to the experience surrounding actual monster hunting

People can call me out on my bullshit since I'm new to the series myself and haven't even touched World (no bloodstation)

That'd be helpful.

Goddamn, I was hoping that devs could just keep bolting stuff onto world rather than making a whole new game again but now that I hear the engine doesn't like rigging bugs I hope we can get a new game with a new engine next

Fucking hell, really guys? We can't have a fucking crab but we can have a six-limbed dinosaur?

Download PPSSPP and start with Freedom Unite or Portable 3rd

It's pretty fucking easy so far but the core gameplay is fun

Not the best but I like the world and the monster interactions so far. If they get G-Rank and more content I would say it would make a pretty solid entry. I'd start with a different Monster Hunter personally, World is fun but it feels off

Sorry anons some shit came up, can't make the room tonight

Honestly, I wouldn't start with FU. Maybe if you wanted to go back and see some of the old stuff later but not as your first.

Do dragon attack gems increase the dragon element on non-dragon weapons.

It's pretty fun, but very different than the other games in the series. If you have any interest in playing those, I'd start with one of those instead.

Im thinking thats what I'll do, Ill try a few of the old games on emulation then decide if I want to play World.

MHW is 60 dollars, no game is worth 60 dollars.

no

Anyone up for some HR Rathalos farming? I'm in need of 3 gems and plenty of carapaces. I'm just running the Optional quest for it, since i have no Investigations for Rathalos.

Session id: ZxfbFf8vwdC

Personally speaking it's very fun. It doesn't FEEL like Monster Hunter (feels more like a spinoff, with some Dragon's Dogma added to it), and since I do love both MH and Dragon's Dogma, I kind of took a shine to the mixture. While I'm really cool with some of the additions, they made some things feel archaic (the UI for menus is worse than previous MH games and there's NO pause option, even if you're playing offline).

The weapon designs feel kind of lazy. Most of them are the base design with monster parts tacked on. There are a few that are pretty cool. Most of the armors are great, though, and Odogaron seems to be the new slutarmor (I'm okay with that)

I personally like some of the new monsters; Legiana, Odogaron, Paolumu, Tzitzi, Vaal, just to name a few. Xenojiiva feels like a larger, slower Shagaru Magala, but I thought it was alright. I even like that Bazelgeuse cunt. Zorah and his fight are trash. But that's because no dev knows how to do a fight against a titan in general.

The "story" is meh, no greater than 4U, really.

Tempered Monsters feel like the mid point between High Rank and G-Rank so far. Like the monsters aren't exactly G-Rank tier, but they're close. I want a REAL G-Rank, though, with armors and whatnot.

Holy shit, this is super comfy. Why haven't I played this until now?
Is there any way to improve the audio, though? It crackles pretty bad sometimes, didn't have this problem with FU.

Nevermind, my version of PPSSPP was apparently several years out of date and updating it seems to have fixed the audio.

I had an actual problem with crackly sounds and slowdowns due to this being a toaster, but lowering the scaling back to x2 and turning off vsync put it back to 60 fps.
And yeah, it is pretty comfy.

For some reason I can't seem to connect to the squad session; does it usually give an error? I guess i could also just be autistic and typing it in wrong.

I think P3rd is the comfiest MH, the village motif, bathhouse,and music are just too good.

I would say it's best to start with FU rather than go back to it, simply because of how much you end up missing some QoL stuff like Item Sets if you go backwards.

Damned straight

Jesus christ, why aren't more people bringing that up? Especially now that you're not on a machine that you can just put into suspend with the Home button or closing the shell, that shit's inexcusable.

P3rd really was the best in so many ways. Just needed G Rank really.

world got me to start playing FU again and I miss all the things from this game in world
World is a spectacular looking game, but I can really see all the places where things were made inferior.

If world was consistent with doling out unique designs at the end of each tree I would feel better about it. Pukei Pukei is my favorite monster and his weapons and armor fucking suck. I was exactpecting tons of color and a cooler sword and shield at the last part of the tree. I was disappiunted when it looked exactly the same. Pukei's hammer is super cool though and is one of my favorite weapon designs ever. They need to step up weapon design for g rank.

No one has posted a source for this skeleton rigging shit. It seems like a forced meme at this point. I have searched for references to it and nothing. Cough up a source or shut the fuck up.

I'd say it's a bit too new a claim to be forced meme status, but I too would love to see sources on it.

I looked it up and it's just a recolor of the Peco/Gobul hammer from 3U. Lotus on the left, Buon Fiore on the right.

Pretty sad that one of MHWs best weapon designs is one from the past games.

Not surprising really, considering its best monster designs are too.

Yeah, guess you're right. Too bad they ruined most of their fights and weapons as well.

Oh I forgot to mention, I haven't used the lotus hammer in a long ass time, but I believe when you charge it up the spikes in it extend outwards. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Really? Were they trying to force people to use other GSes at end game or something?

Just laziness. You still just use one GS at Endgame and that'll always be the case until they make element worth it for all weapons.

So I keep forgetting to ask but, cool cat is still a food buff in the game, and says it still activates on kick back. But I don't have kick back as a gesture.

Maybe it's part of the gesture DLC you have to buy.

They changed it from "Kick back" to "Sit" they didn't bother to update the skill description.

Typical.

wrong image but what ever

Tree has three slots at max.
And a single gastronomic tuna pays for 'soft soil' fertilizer, so I consider that stuff free.

There are a few weird name changes. I'm annoyed they switched around "Challenger" and "Spirit", then changed "Spirit" to "Agitator".

In previous games, Spirit was the skill tree and Challenger was the name of the skill. Now Challenger is the skill tree and Agitator is the name of the skill.

I'm also annoyed that when you get buffed by it, your arms don't glow red. You just get a faint blue kind of glow.

They cut out a very large number of old weapons. Some of them got replacements with new names, stats, and designs that look like all the other weapons. Pic related has a few examples for hammer. But some of the cut weapons didn't get replacements at all, like Rathalos's hammer. Now Rathalos doesn't have a hammer at all. From what I've seen, there aren't even any head-on-a-stick hammers, which used to be one of the most iconic things about MH's hammers.
I hate the new weapons designs in World. The worst part about it is that most of the weapons make all of the good monster parts look purely decorational instead of functional. You keep the same basic iron or bone weapons, you just wrap a bit of a monster's hide around the hilt or glue a few scales to the sword's spine, or stick the hardest part of a monster onto the hammers back end and keep bashing skulls with the same old chunk of herbivore bone you scavenged out of a long-dead Aptonoth carcass before you had even managed to kill an ordinary Jagras.

That approach to asset creation is so Bethesda-tier.

Don't even get me started on the difference between Bone weapons and the Dragonbone weapons.

How the hell do you unlock Rumble in the Wastes and A sore Site?
I've done ever single Special Arena quests, I've done everything else, I'm only missing these 2 quests to be done, I'm almost HR 100 and I have no fucking clue on how to unlock it.
I HATE THIS FUCKING SYSTEM IT'S SO FUCKING TRASH JUST GIVE ME THE ENTIRE QUEST LOG ALREADY WITHOUT THIS STUPID ARBITRARY BULLSHIT

Did they outsource parts of the game to some Chinese company? those are beyond fucking lazy.
What are the gunlances and switchaxes like?

Every weapon type has mostly weapons with parts glued on. If I remember correctly they all get 4-6 unique weapon skins. It's a bit better for Gunlances and Switch Axes because the glued on parts just don't look as bad as they do on Hammers.

I started fighting this polar bear rabbit thing earlier and I'm pretty sure I'm out-fucking-skilled by it. Don't give me any tips yet, I'm just wondering if anybody will want to watch the stream in about 4-5 hours? Should I wait until next thread so people won't miss out on this magnificent content?
pro tip: look up OUT FUCKING SKILLED images on Qwant, it's giving out some bizarre shit

What do you guys want to see for a G-Rank expansion?

Mine is

I couldn't find a better image of the dragonbone switch axe aside from a thumbnail from the mhw wiki, but it literally just is a recolor ingame. All weapons have this treatment.

Now that they have the entire new engine and system made they can hopefully focus on making some weapons look different.

Now that MHW has the foundation in place they can work on the details, I fucking hope anyway

I want every weapon to have unique skins like usual, but that won't happen. Aside from that I want more old monsters back.

I want to add

To my post

I doubt they will work on it. People are eating it up and calling it the best MonHun ever, why would they work on it when the people that buy it have no standards? It's just wasted effort.

The ability to turn off scoutflies. Or at least decrease their brightness like holy shit.

After all this time, from piggybacking off of assets from the previous generation by only updating models or just outright porting them wholesale, I'm a little surprised they didn't reuse any models at all. So maybe, just maybe, we can see some more MH on current hardware.

Oh yeah, also want to add, I want them to put blood back in. I have zero interest in playing SnS because it feels like you're hitting nothing due to the lack of blood. Weird that no one is talking about this.

Since Capcom's been shooting out expensive flops for the last two years or so, I honestly think the game was rushed out the door. I don't think the "four years of development" was spent on solely on what we know as Monster Hunter World

If I'm awake I definitely will

Ye. It is kind of fun to watch you.

I think the 4 years was just a bold faced lie because they knew normalfags would eat that shit up and in reality this has only been worked on for 18 months

I don't think that they worked on it for four years at all. The only parts of the game that actually feels like that are the graphics and the maps.

see, when you put it like that, I'm getting a bit creeped out

i got a question about huntathons/hun 2 of X quests
basically what happens if i cap them both/multiples?

you get cap rewards for all of them

It should still count as being hunted if you capture them. granted I'm only going off of what I've heard, so maybe try it with a monster that dies in minutes like great jagras

That's a pretty pessimistic way of looking at it, though looking at Capcom's history I can't blame you.

But looking on how MHW turned out I feel pretty optimistic we might be okay.

Are you blind?

no dude it's okay for what it isâ„¢ :^)

I thought MHW was real good. They need to build Monsters around the new foundations. Like how Nergigante didn't give a fuck about you being able to move and heal he'd catch up anyway.

I prefer to be optimistic where I can because I'm skeptical and pessimistic about literally everything else in my life.

The way MHW turned out the half the reason for my pessimism. That and Capcom being Capcom like you said.

They've been milking the series for years.

We're probably going to be on this engine for the next 10 years or more just like the old build.

You've always been playing a milked series it just all depends which way they milk it. This is the biggest investment they've ever had in a MH game.

It's the same engine as the old ones, all Capcom games run on the MT Framework engine.

There's a difference between milking the series by putting out games every couple years and dlc, you nigger

Technically can still use the stick in Tri

Pissed they didn't even include the option for World

Emulating P3rd and seeing the Flooded Forest and Deserted Island again is making me nostalgic for the underwater combat, and I hated it at the time. The idea is good though, and the tropical island aesthetics were great. Also I miss Lagi
It'll probably never happen, but I actually wouldn't mind Capcom bringing it back for World Ultimate/World 2.

I know a lot of these squads are just comprised of randos, but what the fuck.

They honestly could, Generations had Lagi despite not having underwater combat and he was fine. Whether they will bring it back is another story, I wouldn't bet on it.

how?

Do the requests the botanist gives you.

What, you've been skipping the bounties? Optional missions?
Leading up to nergigante I couldn't walk to the smithy before I got a canteen or harvest quest.

Hammer: I Big Bang all over it's face
GS: Incoming Lv3 True Slash
Lance: Vroom vroom, motherfucker
Dual Swords/Long Sword: I go absolutely ham on the buttons without a care in the world what I'm hitting
Gunlance: I got firebreath, too
Switchaxe: Chainsaw explosion
Charge blade: Burn every charge
HBG: More dakka
Bow: I'm going to put this Dragonpiercer all the way through it
LBG: I dunno I've never tried this weapon

Hunting Horn: I do the exact same shit I've been doing this entire fight

This is why Hunting Horn is boring

World is the first cake I ever used hammer in so I didn't even know this was an old design. Jesus Christ.

Capcom really did fuck up on weapon designs.

RIP Gobul

Hell no, as a horn I have to use KO time to sharpen. It's the only time I get on the faster beasties unless the palico has a shield.
Otherwise queue up three long songs while breaking the back a bit.

I actually didn't know Gen had Lagi, skipped that one since I was tired of the 3DS controls. That kind of makes me want to pick it up. Is it worth it?

Kinda sad we'll probably never see him again. I'm not a big fan of his fight, but his weapons and armor were pretty cool.

No reason to get Gen, get XX instead.

I don't agree he was fine, part of the fun of fighting aquatic monsters was the two stages of the fight, and how much of a bitch they were on land vs. beig a nigrmare underwater. In world some of the monsters have some unique stuff when they're at home base (like Diablos's sand waterfalls) but with underwater monsters the fight changed entirely depending if they were on land or not.

Lagi has his Ivory version but it's not quite the same, and I can't see Ivory Gobul being very threatening

No it's not really worth it. Personally I feel like Lagiacrus is one of the monsters that got ruined the most by Hypers. It turns a fun hunt into one of the most un-fun HP sponge slogs, the only thing more HP spongey than Hyper Lagiacrus is fucking Lao-Shan Lung.

Oh boy sharpening, how exciting

You toot Attack Up the entire hunt?

Most weapons do what they always do during a KO, they just get to do it uninterrupted.

Your Mark is showing. Oh god, is he spreading?

What if gobul + nibelsnarf hybrid?

They fucked up more than just a little on weapon designs.

please no more god damned word filters

Mite b cool

Yes?

Hyper Lagi has more HP.

Sucks that we might not see the Deviljho hammer in World. Or any of his weapons really.

Did you do that intentionally?

But deviljho is coming this spring.

Lagiacrus is one of my favorite monsters. I wish it would get more love as a flagship monster. I hate that Zinogre always takes the spotlight over Lagiacrus in as a representative of 3rd gen. I think the only thing I don't like about lagi is the color choices for the equipment.

I know, but his weapons might not have unique skins anymore.

I would, but I'm pretty sure I fucked up and updated my 3DS past the point of jailbreaking it.

That's a shame. Might have to try emulating 3U then.

They don't though, being uninterrupted let's them do shit that is otherwise stupid to do like Lance's charge or Big Bang (doing Big Bang while the monster is standing is idiotic), but even for those who do have special techniques that can be used while the monster is up, being able to do it without worry and shit out damage is fun, HH doesn't increase it's DPS significantly when the Monster is down and that's less exciting

Silver nigger got 11k and practically never stops flying. Once you ran out of flashbombs.
But I have to agree on hyper Lagi being a slog. Nothing much to do besides hitting him till he drops.

I believe XX runs on Citra, too. At least if you have a really good PC.

user, I think you need to diversify? your playstyle.

Actually I lied, looks like my 3DS is only at 9.9.0. Never done homebrew before, how likely am I to brick it?

With soundhax? Not likely at all, unless you are actually retarded. It's easy just follow the guide.

Are you suggesting I shouldn't have attack up active at all times for some reason?

Hey, you're one who's complaining about lack of variety.

No I'm complainung about a lack if a hype peak, not lack of variety

Lagiacrus is completely different in Gen. He almost feels like a new monster, and he uses far more electricity than Ivory Lagicrus. He's got a few thunder attacks similar to what Zinogre has, but his are larger, and get more thunderballs. I feel like they ruined him, his excessive thunder spam feels like Elder Dragon amounts of element use, when in 3rd gen normal Lagiacrus used very little electricity. They also jacked up his HP for some reason, his base form has more than damage sponges like Gravios or even some Hyper monsters, and Hyper Lagiacrus has an absolutely insane amount of HP - in XX's G-rank, it has about as much as G5 Frostpeak Gammoth.
I think XX is worth playing. Generations had a few good monsters, but most of the deviants were trash, Hypers weren't very fun, and Arts and Styles were either brokenly OP or completely useless with almost no middle ground. XX added a few more balanced and fun arts, but Brave style was complete garbage that should not exist. Valfalk, Atoraru Ka, and most of XX's deviants were good, too.

Hyper Silver Rathalos is a little bitch compared to most of the other endgame shit. Even an ordinary Lagiacrus has more HP than it.

Never touched XX.

would you say that 4u is better than Gen (if so, what makes it more enjoyable)? I picked up Gen a few months ago to get back into the series after having not played since 3u, and am considering picking up 4u to play with a friend.

Gen has styles which is cool in concept but they made changes to the "guild" (default) fighting style for each weapon. Some styles seemed broken when combined with certain weapons (aerial charge blade for example) and one was just broken with any weapon (Brave).

They added hunter arts which are special attacks (some of them are pretty cool IMO, though) but the game expects you to use them because IIRC, the monsters' HP are inflated a bit. Some arts were amazing to the point of being almost broken, some were useless and required OTHER arts to be good (such as Charge Blade's giant energy sword being dependent on how many phials you have).

It's also filled with a lot more gathering and busywork before and during getting into the meat of the hunting. I didn't play beyond getting into high rank because of this because it just felt extremely tedious to play.

Generally I think 4U is exceptional, but not without its flaws.

I meant aerial greatsword, with the ability to quickly charge mid-air.

4U has a lot more content, because it has G-rank, and a HR village story. It's also a lot more challenging because of the lack of Styles/Arts. I think that overall, 4U is a better game, up until the very end of g-rank when it becomes a repetitive pile of shit where you do nothing but hunt Teostra a billion times hoping to get a good charm drop. But, you said you wanted to play with a friend, and there is one huge difference between the two for that. 4U has a lot of important stuff you can't unlock playing multiplayer, so you will need to do a lot of stuff on your own, and will need to play through pretty much the entire solo storyline. The item farm and trader, the extra carts for the farm, kitchen upgrades, relic polishing, talisman melding, wystones, weapon honing, and a few useful items all need to be unlocked offline, solo. Polishing, melding, wystones, and honing won't matter much, if at all, until G-rank though. In Generations, you basically don't need to play through the main story at all aside from the first few quests, because almost everything important can be unlocked by playing multiplayer. I think kitchen upgrades are the only thing you need to play solo to get most of, but playing multiplayer still gives you a few. In XX (Generations + G-rank) I played through all of low rank, all of high rank, and most of g-rank, before I hunted anything after the Great Maccao in the village quests.

Aerial GS was shit. It had its charges MVs dropped significantly, so it averages out to doing less damage than Guild, and it's also a lot harder to aim it precisely. Also, Brave style wasn't in Generations, it was only added in XX.

That part of the game really fucked things up

I wonder why they actually decided to barely design their weapons anymore this time around? Time constraints? Laziness? The weapon and armor designs were one of the most important parts of the game for me and the feeling of looking at new weapon/armor designs after killing a new monster was wonderful. Those sacks of shit better have an actual excuse for that shit and I hope they add actual designs to those weapons soon.

(checked)
There is no way they'll screw that up, but this IS modern capcom. They always screw SOMETHING up.

They fucked it up for all the other returning monsters so there is no reason to assume Deviljho will be any different.

Right, I was hoping to drink while streaming, but my mother stole my beer, so we're doing this sober as a gopher.
Hooktube link for future use:
hooktube.com/watch?v=YEJq6t_PXJ4

Are you not using a controller or why are you using the camera reset all the time?

I am using a controller, but I prefer using L1 to control my camera instead of the directional pad since I only have one left thumb. I'm sorry if this is annoying to watch, but I'm simply too used to it at this point.

Uh yeah everyone only has one left thumb. It's not annoying to watch tho, I was just curious.

Hyper Lagi has 18k. EIGHTEEN THOUSAND HP. That's as many as one Gogmazios.

Why don't you just map the d-pad buttons to also work on right stick? I did that so I could use menus with d-pad, and camera with right stick.

Good job user-kun! You're getting better!
Sharpen your weapons you fucker
also this

… I sometimes amaze myself with how stupid I am. Thanks.

(checked again)
Aaaaaand what if it is? They definetly didnt screw up when it came to the elder dragons. What makes you think pickle is not worth that much of a damn to not screw up its weapon designs? Maybe you're right though. We'll see once it comes out in the spring.

If you haven't used much emulators before, it may not be that obvious.

How are you liking DBs?

What? Only Nergigante has unique designs for all of his weapons. Zorah and Vaal only have a few and Vaals are kinda wasted since Nergis weapons outclass them. Xeno doesn't have a single unique weapon I believe. I'm sure pickle will get some unique designs, but most will most likely be generic or just straight up cut like the Rathalos hammer.

Are you using a mixed set for a reason or do you not understand armor skills yet?

The underwater combat worked enough for a first iteration. If Capcom actually iterated on it I bet we now would love underwater combat. Instead though they just abandoned it.

Just building one piece at a time since i don't have all the necessary mats yet. And the pumpkin gear gives me a bit of Ice resistance.

I see. Also, do you plan on playing through the whole game or just the village?

They did though the whole vertical combat shtick they pushed was their way of improving on it they didn't just abandon it.

There's more villages? Or are you talking about the hunting guild in the spa? How much of the game is each?

Talking about the Gathering Hall with the spa, yeah. The village is low rank only. Gathering Hall has an entire new rank and some monsters exclsuive to it. With something like Evolve you could even play with anons from here.

Yukumo always makes me feel comfy.

Village is low rank only, except the last quest I think.
Gathering hall has low rank and high rank. High rank has few more monsters, and high rank armor gives more skills.

Village quests are the single player only quests you have been taking from the Wyverian lady in the Kimono, the building at the back of the village with the hot springs is the Guild were you can take Guild quests, do NOT take them yet finish the village quests first as they're easier monsters in guild quests have more health, not sure if they do more damage though.

oh jesus help me

Have fun with the lady.

Enjoy your first night with
800 LBS OF POISON ASS

Have fun. Luckily you chose the right element for here.

Oh just you wait until you have to fight both her and rath at the same time.
I hope for your sake you brought antidotes.

And thus begins your hatred for the Rath species.

literally nothing on best monster tbh

OH SHIT NIGGER

Don't panic if you run out you can make more, if you gather from herb spots you might find Antidote Herbs and from mushroom spots you can find blue mushrooms, mix them together to make more Antidotes.

lookin good

you mirin

i'd fuck nergigante before that spider bitch any day

you're a dead hunter walking

So I finished the 3ds.hacks guide and think I've got mine homebrewed. I've got NTR installed, so now I just need XX and the patch?
I tried to scan the QR code in the OP with FBI, but it didn't work so I assume I need an earlier version. Can I have multiple versions of FBI installed without breaking anything?

would feed my faggot cats to her any day /10

I just downloaded the updated MHXX cia from this video: hooktube.com/watch?v=DFxnd729WPQ. It's safe.

this guy needs to learn to block more with his GS rather then trying to put it away to dodge

That's a longsword

He's using a longsword.

Behold the intelligence of your average Nerscylla (male) fag.

o-oh…

behold this dick fagit

Patrician taste.

so broud :DDD

Good job user.

She made you a man, user.

Xeno's weapons are not outclassed by nergigante's. Are you high?

Xeno's weapons have 15% affinity shitloads more dragon attack only take a relatively minor hit in raw and have multiple level 3 gem slots. They far out class every other dragon element weapons.

Maybe you should read my post again.

Xeno's weapon being ugly is the only reason why I don't use it.

Something has gone terribly wrong and my computer is freezing, happens sometimes when I try to pick a picture to post here for some reason.
Anyway, I'm going to take a half hour break, this fight gave me a damn headache, so I need to take a chill pill and wait for its effect to kick in in absolute stress free environment.

So yeah, frustrating, but fun fight, headache, half hour break, glad you enjoyed watching so far!

i thought they looked cool

Alright, then. Oh yeah, by the way, next time you use the LS try filling the gauge under the sharpness bar completely and then pulling off a full combo with the R button.

Thanks. I think I've got the game installing now, so hopefully I'm all set. Just need to find out if I can run the display/input through my PC without ungodly input lag.

For CB, it's just Blacksteel with Xeno pieces nailed to it.

I like Nergigante's CB a bit more because it has a unique design. Although the sword looks like a broom, it has some pretty cool blink and you'll miss it animations that make the broom shape change frequently.

Anyone figured out what the "Treasure Dragon" translation was about on that leaked list?

RIP session ID

New ID:
KxAYcW6YRKY

Think it might have something to do with the 'dragon treasure' that gets dropped sometimes?

What "bug" did they fixed?

Last I saw it was pretty much tweaks to the last round of tweaks. So more of a 1.05+

bug cages are on par with drum in my opinion, a team with a bug cage and drum cat is unbeatable.

The game already sold 6 million units? That was fast. oy vey

In newer games you get rewards for all of them, but I think in the older ones you only get rewards for 1 of them.

Looking at how World turned out is the biggest reason for my pessimism

The entire artstyle has been about appealing to the West.

Feeling better now, we'll resume our regularly scheduled program in cca 5 minutes.
hooktube.com/watch?v=etsPzGi3rVM

Welcome back valiant hunter.

This is kinda cool, watching a new hunter learning the ropes.

Glad to be back.
I'm almost glad I didn't get into MH earlier and instead in this exact period when I'm woefully addicted to an mmo grindfest. The fact that some of you anons are enjoying this shitshow is a really neat bonus I didn't expect.

I enjoyed it even tho I mistaken you're ls for gs

fight a nerscylla

no
fite me

when you least expect it

It is though bittersweet when you consider that he might be the last person to ever git gud with how well World's been selling

The best joys in life are unexpected.

Where the fuck is the ancient forest Kushala?
I've searched the whole damned forest and haven't seen a sign of him. Why isn't he in the logical place to be, rathalos nest?

Daora usually shows up on ice maps, not forest maps. Are you playing Dos?

I have an investigation for him in MHW in ancient forest

Ah, no clue then, good luck with that.

Streamanon, you may want to consider buying the Combo Books at the store before doing more combines, it gets rid of the chance of making Garbage

Put them in the box for box combining, or carry them into the field if you want to combine in the field. Books 1 and 2 are enough for Mega Potions, but you're going to want to buy 3 4 and 5 eventually for everything else. Also make sure to bring tons of Pickaxes when going to the Volcano, tons of good ore gathering points.

The "I wonder if there's anything here" areas are where you can sometimes get back items the Meral thief cats jack from you.

He shows up in the southern part of the map between zones 1 and 5, and he'll fly up to the rath nest to sleep.

Finally, now I know what those are for.

Yeah, they're pretty hard to figure out otherwise.

Also, while they'll be a bit tougher than village quests, if you pop into the gathering hall the cat who runs the hot spring bath will offer quests to upgrade the bath so that you can start quests with more HP/Stamina if you bathe, as well as Drink Quests to unlock drinks to give you temporary skills.

Wait, you guys don't want to watch me gather mats, right? I should hunt one of the monsters in a familiar terrain instead.

I'm fine with it, it's a good chance for you to get more shit and learn the lay of the land.

Why does it seem like none of the sets are ranged weapon oriented?

It doesn't have an ice map. It doesn't even have a cold night desert map or cold cave areas. Temperature was removed completely.

Didn't know he was talking about World, hence why I asked which game he was playing.

I shouldn't be surprised, all things considered, but damn.

There's a day/night cycle but no cold areas. There's a map with hot areas that you need cool drinks for.

(male)

Streamanon, did you have any particular armor set goals in mind? If not, I suggest going for a mix of Jaggi and Baggi to get Attack Up Medium with 5 extra single slots to either beef up to Attack Up Large or to gem in other skills like Speed Sharpening.

Man fucking fuck kush so much holy shit.

Fire themed armor is vulnerable to fire?
But fish themed armor is strong against water?

Weird shit can happen at times.

The elemental stats really don't mean anything in world at least, not that I've noticed anyway.

adding heat to something already heated just means it's more heated, something that's wet is ownly going to get more wet

he isn't playing world

Me? No, just exploring and adventurin'. But that sounds like a plan.
Set course for Baggi!

Have fun! Look out for that sleep inducing breath. If you get hit, you can chug an Energy Drink to snap out of it, or try to get hit by one of your cats or a small monster so you don't take so much damage to wake up.

(nice)
oh fuck I confused it with a Wroggi and brought shit ton of Antidotes instead.

Beautiful this too is a necessary pitfall on the road to gitting gud.

I will break that fucking horn.

ive got a gold kush investigation for ya m8

It just screams target

He's fighting Great Baggi

Streamanon, you can hold R to climb faster also I think you just missed Great Baggi, wasn't he snoring in the big ice cave earlier?

Looks like you got this in the Baggi

get billied nerd

Excellent work! I recommend Baggi Cap and arms and legs with Jaggi body and waist

that' at least 2 more Baggies to bag
What's the bonus for capturing a monster instead of killing it outright?

No bonus per se, you just lose the ability to carve in exchange for rolling 2-4 rewards from the capture table.

Anybody know if the HomePass method still works to get guild cards in MH3U? I've been spoofing MAC addresses for about 30 minutes and haven't gotten anything at all. Need to unlock those stupid Hunter-for-Hire only bugs.

Whats your best/favorite weapon so far stream user, haven't watched since the Great Jaggi vs Unsharpened Lance battle

More/different stuff. I always tend to capture monsters.

Dual Blades still, but I am enjoying this longblade a lot too. One thing's for certain, I don't like slow weapons and ranged weapons, especially considering how long it takes to build an armor set of the same tier just so I can use a ranged weapon in a non-starter area.
holy shit I've been at this for 5 hours today, no wonder my stomach is growling
I'll try to capture one of the monsters now, what should I bring besides traps (2 of each) and drugged meat?

Tranq Bombs. You can't cap without them.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Aren't you the guy playing World? I thought they removed the ability to fight the proper difficulty monster unless you good goy'd for the subscription and did multiplayer?

I am and I did, I'm a good shabbos sony goy
The guy who joined my investigation DC'd.
It's a real pain in the ass when his elderseal and stagger resistance skyrocket, I flash pod'd him like 30 times

That sounds like a pretty shit time

Well, at least you got lucky enough to do the full difficulty version solo, but I still wouldn't pay extra just for a chance at possibly doing that since if the other guy didn't DC you'd be stuck in easy mode.

Anyone need Xeno mats? I've got the quest up.

That was actually the first ass-puckering challenge I've had in the game, but I'm a shitter using the lance. Anything without a big shield and I would have been screwed

Great, I've used up both my dung bombs just for it to go in the same area as Qurucuck

Everytime

Does elderseal do anything at all to Xeno?

I hope you guys are enjoying your hunts

Rhenoplos MVP

I'll probably start a room later today

Right, so what did I do wrong? I thought you were supposed to tranq either a sleeping monster or one that has already been limping away and is currently trapped.

They need to be in a shock or pitfall trap, and be at low enough health to be limping. At least two Tranq Bombs are needed as well.

Have the tranqs ready to go. You can also hit a wounded monster with tranqs immediately before it enters a trap and it will cap it. Not sure how long they last with that method though

Ah I was wondering what happened to the 4U rooms.

Tranqs function like status, over time they wear down, so try to only throw them when they're close to the trap, or if you're down to your last two, wait until it's actually in the trap. Pitfall Traps usually last a little longer than Shock Traps, so if you're worried about that keep that in mind.

Maybe because there are no more blademaster or gunner sets?
The only sets I've seen that aid ranged weapons is Legiana, Rath soul, and some other shit one that I forgot about.

I'm sorry. I can't use my ethernet cable.
Next time just quit and try again, it's not worth the time in my experience.

Why would you want to play the easy mode?

Godspeed user, you're venturing into waters I have yet to chart myself. Also, you can cancel quests with no penalty by talking to the chief again, you'll even get your deposit refunded.

I'm getting vietnam flashbacks over here

Well that's it for today. Not a fan of the gunlance, mainly because of the slow movement speed and backwards dodging. I understand the point is to always be facing your enemy with shield at the ready, but even with an auto-defend charm it's still confusing as all hell to me. Plus the sharpness falling after like 3 hits or a single charged shot is annoying and I know just how much it triggers you all.
Hope you enjoyed this two-parter today. Rathalos or whatever that crossbreed of a dragon, scorpion and aids is called again, was pretty fun though losing so much health simply because she ran in my direction felt absurd.

See y'all around!

That actually depends on the individual weapon. When you're crafting, look at the bar that shows the sharpness level, a longer amount of whatever color means you can hit things more without it going down. The Gunlance you made had almost no green sharpness, for example. That said, I don't get Gunlance at all myself, so I'm not going to fault you for not liking it either.

Thanks for the hunts user!

Gunlance in the older Monhuns is really hard to grasp because you need to train the muscle memory to face the opposite direction of the way you want to dodge. In FU I mastered this and it fucked me up in world because I would dodge in the direction I pressed and run headfirst into attacks accidentally.

I feel like World is going to build up a lot of bad habits for people that will make the prior games more difficult when revisiting them.

I already gained some.

Such is life while on the hunt.

Wait, you can run while your weapon is out now? What the fuck?

Are you stupid?

You can't run while your weapon is out, but you start to run in the middle of a sheath animation I think, or it's very quick between the two.

I mean, you're talking about pushing R to run but accidentally blocking, which makes it sound like in World you can press R to run while your weapon is out?

If you press the run button while your weapon is out it sheathes your weapon and makes you run, same thing for items. I think you can use whetstones while your weapon is out though.

Ah, fair enough. What button do you use for blocking or entering scope for Bowguns or the like then?

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Forgot to mention, all the streams are archived on my youtube channel, so you can go back and watch what you'd missed if you want.

thanks

One thing I actually liked in the World demo is that you can also jump forward as well.

I need help on this bloodborne-lookin, nito-power-havin, gammy-eyed, pale-faced, gither-up-lookin, schooner, stale-breathed taddy.

Right bumper to block but I forgot about the button to scope for bows even though thats my second most used weapon. Its probably right bumper too.

Got a bunch of xeno mats thanks to a fine lad, is the Xeno HH worth building?

Reminder that there's a new thread every time the thread hits the nth page mark, or # posts.

Did you think I was going to spoonfeed you, you fucking newfag? Thinkagen.

As a longtime lance main I actually fucking hate this because it makes it a lot harder to backhop on reaction in the appropriate direction and I end up with a forward dash sometimes

We already had shield dash for forward movement and it has new options to it's decidedly better for that anyways

Vaal?

Just bring nullberries and stay close so he can't hit you with breath and he's a fucking joke

Only because I find this amusing, in later games, if you're about to fall asleep you can position yourself just on the very tip of a ledge and when you fall asleep you'll fall off the ledge instead and immediately wake up

The MonHun community is dead.

They're just bandwagon jumpers once the newest game of the month comes out they will all jump ship over to that.

They're the real monster hunter fans in capcom's eyes

Based on how modern Capcom works. They're gonna release a bunch of shit in the next year as DLC (likely paid), including G rank quests. Then they'll release a "discounted(in the sense it's only $60 as opposed to original release + $30 season pass)" Ultimate/Gold/Arcade edition. Just like they did with their other major franchises.

It's one of the top three, so yes. Nergie's and Bazel's being the other two.

Jesus fucking Christ

I'm never getting proper MH back, am I? I get this watered down shit from now on.

Pretty much, it even sold well in Japan, so we're kinda fucked. Just have to stick with the classics I guess, and hope once 3DS emulation takes off properly someone manages to make mods for XX to add more content.

Why!?

I captured both HR Rathalos and HR Azure Rathalos in the same quest, but didn't get the Arena quest for Azure. Do I have to do them one at a time?