Shitty video game towns

I dare you to find one worst than Fletz. I didn't have the internet when I was going through Legend of Dragoon for the first time and was stuck in this shitty fucking mudslime stroking city for literal DAYS. I can't even look upon LOD fondly because of this shitty place. WHY does it even exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=W4C_SUS4KqQ&t=707s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anything in kike out 3 or jew vegas

It didnt even have it's own god damn theme music, that's how shitty it was, they re-used the song from Bale, a decent town for god's sake. I fucking hate Fletz.
DP sage. I'm pissed god dammit.

Literal gypsy-tier town.

Almost every single town in any bethesda game.

Didn't notice the godawful translation?

The resistance camp in nier.

TES Arena towns were blocky shit
TES Daggerfall towns were repetitive copy paste shit
TES Morrowind towns were small crappy shits
TES Oblivion towns were boring looking small crappy shits
TES Skyrim towns are boring, small, shitty, grey, unrealistic, ugly pieces of crappy shit

OP IS LAZY
find a game of any genre that has a GOOD city.
you can't

Nigger speak for yourself. I've typically found JRPG towns to be comfy. You hate literally everything because you hate yourself.

What point are you trying to make? JRPG is a genre and even if it wasn't, if that's the point you're trying to make, RPGs from Japan typically have comfy towns.

This town really didn't bother me at all…

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
hooktube.com/watch?v=W4C_SUS4KqQ&t=707s
can't embed a video with a timestamp fuck

Quite literally ANY map in Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood since that game is a pain in the ballsack to get around in due to it being hard to tell where the clipping on objects ends as well as what can be interacted with and what's just decoration, but this one I guess since you specified towns.

And now that I remember it, everybody in Fletz was some brown skinned mudslime except for the ruling royal family, which were blonde blue eyed whites. For the love of god, why didn't they clean the place of it's shitskins? Why do they choose to rule over them when they could have just removed them? I'd rather live around Winglies than mudshits. I swear to god…

Literally made for passing though. Could have just extended Route 101 and you'd never had known the difference.

You're probably not on the "REEEE, Nuke the Middle East!" bandwagon.

Racial comments aside, it looks like SOMEBODY played the game with a guide. Sounds like someone didn't get stuck there for days trying to figure out who to talk to and where to go in order to advance the plot.

No I got stuck on disk 4 when you are going on those teleporting platforms to get the Winglies.

That town was not confusing at all…

k.

That's nothing compared to
Come to think of it, pretty much every Bethesda game has shit towns

It's not the middle east though, it's a coastal Caribbean town.

Yeah that part is a bitch, or the law town. Most of that game is piss easy, except for the fact that you have to switch discs every time you go to a previous map zone.

Go crawl into some bush and die, nostalgiafag

That one town in Zelda 2 that's empty except for invisible enemies you need an item to see. They let you enter the houses even though they're empty, making you think there will be a secret hidden in one of them. But there isn't any, so you run all the way to the end of the town getting torn apart by ghosts, and you're rewarded with jack shit.

Los Santos.

Depends on your metric of shitty. Los Santos is a shithole like its real-world counterpart sure but as a game town it's a complete city in the very least

the town was actually pretty comfy, but once i found out half the people here were cannibals, including the meat vendors, i immediately got out of there

Are there any new games as comfy as the old Pokemon?

The new Pokemon? X/Y were shitty games but the world map had some comfy towns like the snowy one with the windmills

Sun and Moon aren't very comfy at all though

I honestly can't digest the whole pseudo-3d-isometric style.

I wish it had been a battle on top of a.movong airplane instead of this cannon gimmick.

Sun/Moon are the least comfy games in the series.

X/Y had some lovely locations. Sun/Moon's are boring as hell.

The town is comfy, but like many towns in Skyrim it's a fucking bitch to navigate. That's where "realism" as to the haphazard architecture of medieval towns is a serious minus for a game.

Skyrim has no navigational aids, that's why it's a bitch. If you could fly you wouldn't be complaining about it at all.

Do you like circuitous and overly lengthy pathways designed specifically to waste your time with absolutely zero shortcuts thanks to the game's limitations? Well, apparently someone did because this piece of shit was the most popular starting city in the game for the longest time on my server.

Too bad it's only about a 20th of the size in the game.

Old Fucking Kasuto. Literally nothing there except that spell you need to advance the game.

The City of Miami. A barren, featureless desert that is constantly bombarded with intense radiation from Aurora Borealis and sparsely populated with wastefully-constructed, poorly-planned, haphazardly-placed buildings that are isolated from each other by considerable distances and have many useless doors that are always locked and lead right outside or even to a lethal fall.

If the whole game takes place there, it probably doesn't count.

To be fair, have you ever been to Miami?

Yes, it's amazing how much of a resemblance it bore to this video game. CSI completely misled me.

Television tends to do that.

How the fuck do you even get lost there? I remember it being clear as day where you were supposed to go. You are mad because of the wrong reason, too, because the fucking boss battle in that town was a bitch and a half. Took me countless retries and it was my first real wall in that game. I seriously contemplated just giving up.

Legend of Dragoon was my first real contact with jRPGs so it will always have a special place in my heart, bad voice-acting and countless cliches be damned. I can't stay mad at this game for weaning me off from the FF autism. I want something pure like LoD in my life again.

You, I like you

It's very hard to think about towns that sucked, but Meribia from Lunar pisses me off the first time you go to it

Kombinat in BoF III irked me because it's so underdeveloped. The game puts a big emphasis on the fact that all the humans are lifeless there, but it is literally never explained.

Any city with an alchemy forge pissed me off in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn because it was such a huge break from the previous two games in terms of setting. The worst part was that it was located on much of the same landmass, so it's almost like Isaac and Felix deliberately went to every city without an alchemy forge.
Also Belinsk was kind of stupid. I would have accepted beast people because of the werewolves in GS 2 but these were just people who became beast people like 20 years ago and everything is apparently the same as before. I also hated Bilibin and Tuaparang because the game teases you with both of them but you will never see them thanks to the sequel cliffhanger at the end.

100 likes

Guild Wars: Factions Metropolis of Cantha

Certainly not the worst city in a game. Unless you mean the actual hub, that was atrocious.

Quite impossible. Nobody gets cities right. They're not a massive urban jungle. All natural cities have larger suburban areas than urban.

I remember being mad and dissapoint as fuck, all that work getting there for nothing

If you could rank the pokemon games in terms of how comfy they are, what would that list look like?

On the subject of Legend of Dragoon, I've got a question. When I was playing this as a kid I never leveled up the cunt with the bow because she didn't have additions, which to my kid brain made her boring and appear to do less damage. I didn't use Shana at all after the point where I got a party member to replace her.
Later in disc 3(4?) once you get flown to the world tree and dropped off with no way to go back, after fighting a larva-cocoon-butterfly boss at the top of the path Miranda gets separated from the party, and I was forced to fight a boss with her solo. And Miranda took the Shana's level once she replaced her in the party.
Is there any fucking way to get through that fight without having a competently leveled Miranda? Because it was that chokepoint that blocked me from completing the game.

Everyone says it's dull but I always thought it was actually beautiful and full of detail when you look above the horizon; problem is you never have any reason to look up. One thing I loved about Guild Wars was how close the environments were to the concept art; Cantha's streets might not be to everyone's tastes, but there is something for everyone in there. The Jade Sea wasn't any fun to navigate through, but it might just be one of my favorite areas in a videogame based on pure beauty alone. It's a shame Guild Wars mysteriously died and never got a sequel.

I feel like too many MMO locations are hampered by the game's camera. It's constantly focused on the ground so you don't tend to get much of a good view of anything without compromising your ability to react to your immediate surroundings. Trying to play one in first person for example is a nightmare.

That's true, too. But again, this is because of the times it's attempting to replicate. The Fellowship wouldn't have had such difficulty getting through Moria if the fucking dwarves had thought to install SIGNS in the place, "East Gate that way -→".

That's 3rd person games in general really, with a few exceptions. They also tend to have everything scaled up so the camera has space to move around, which is impossible to ignore when you notice it especially in modern settings, when what it supposed to be an average office space has a ceiling higher than a cathedral and rooms as big as football fields. Star Trek Online is an obvious example, the some of the bridges for the ships could fit a five story building in them.

This is why artists and level designers from MMOs should work on real games instead of fantasy chat rooms.

That shitty island of mermaids on Chrono Cross i think the name is Marbule, has like 3 stone huts and sometimes you can get stuck in part of it.

I remember going back to guildwars briefly a couple of years ago and being completely blown away by the level of detail they put into their environments. There's just heaps of it everywhere, even in places that nobody ever has reason to visit. It's a shame most of it goes unnoticed; I didn't even really appreciate it the first time I went through the game, but I was also like 12 or 13 when the first game game out. I still adored the Jade sea areas and the luxon aesthetic of Factions and tried my damnedest to explore the crystal desert with useless henchmen since there was nobody to party with me seeing how there was virtually no reason to run through half the zones there and Heroes weren't a thing yet. But it just seems like such a shame to let that much work in world building go to waste.

What a shame GW2 was a bastard abomination of a SJW soapbox created by the very antithesis of the people who made the first and initial expansions. It's like looking at a spiteful mockery of something greater; like a post-modern artist creating some abstract cartoon rendition of a famous painting using feces as fingerpaints.

Also that fucking soundtrack.

That fight was bullshit, sometimes she would attack like 5 times in a row and nearly wipe out the party.

Yeh, I got what they were going for but it didn't work in GW1's engine.

Check out Dawn of War and Mark of Chaos' soundtracks for something similar.

But it's the only town with a brothel.

Because we're talking locations, it would be more appropriate to list regions
From most comfy to least comfy;
Johto
Kalos
Hoenn
Kanto
Unova
Alola

I meant to put Sinnoh right under Kalos

You mean AND
AND

The german dungeon crawler Fate:Gates of Dawn has a really massive world, even with weather effects for the outside world. Its basically similar to Daggerfall in size, only 5 years before Daggerfall was made.
Pic 1 is the first city in the game right at the beginning. Now sadly because the game is only the size of two floppy disks most outdoor areas of the cities just look like the wood wall you can see in pic 2.
Considering that the game takes hundreds of hours to beat, navigating the cities becomes really exhausting.