Metal Gear Survive

I know most anons don't give much of a shit or hate Survive already, but for anyone who is interested, the beta for PC is going on right now to the 18th. Just search for it on the steam store and you can download and try it free, if you feel like seeing what it's like.

Thank you kind user, i appreciate you still looking forward for this game. Its amazing there's a free beta.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

You yourself sound like that, faggot.

No one is interested. MGS stopped being relevant after Peace Walker got released. MGSV was a rushed failure that disappointed practically everyone.
Konami died with it's release and never again will anyone ever give a shit about their games anymore.

Cheers mate

Tried the ps4 beta and it plays fine, unsurprisingly with the fox engine but its too fast for what its sold as. They want you to stealth around creatures -which by the way are matsuhiro itos designs, what the fuck- but with the 5 minute set up everyone goes buck ass wild, gets the mats for auto turrets and chain link fences and then fights 3 two minute waves going full rambo. It is neither tacticool or cuhrayzee. its in the middle and unless theres more varied modes than tower defence thats going to run dry of fun real fast.

Time sure flies. I was going to pirate it but an open beta does the job too.

Pic related.

Fuck that, I'm waiting for Left Alive. It honestly looks like the only Metal Gear spiritual successor or replacement out there. Not even Death Stranding does.

Im sure that it will be fun at first but get boring really fast since it's a loot based shooter with boxes

I barely know anything about it except Shinkawa is doing art for it. Any game play been released?

Oh shit this is appealing. What is the chances it'll how the same attention to detail gameplay wise.

Hey, thanks. I don't mind another chance at it.

God damn thanks for that user. This looks nice.

What? Where? All the trailers are just shitty CGI and zero gameplay.

there's a little game play in the trailer, only a few seconds. Not much to go on.

TGS, around the 1:04 mark. There's very few of it but at least it gives a vague idea of what the game looks like.
And that it's an actual game unlike death stranding :^)

From the few shots I gathered, the animations look like trash and the assets are indieshit tier.
And yet they had the budget to make some shitty top grafix CGI.
Also
This smells like a shitty cash bait obviously made to appeal to the unsatisfied MGS audience after the failure of MGSV.
No reason to get hyped until we see some actually not shit raw game footage.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not hyped or anything besides some appreciation for the concept. I'm just glad there's gameplay, no matter how shit or brief it is instead of the cockteasing Death Stranding's been doing all this time.

Well, it's a tower defense mode for MGSV. At least the missions they let you play. This is going to live and die on how well it incentivizes playing and progressing.
I wasn't expecting spear combat though.

I'll try it just to see what it's about, and to make me hate Konami even more

We saw like 10 seconds thanks to the trailer. It looked like a third person shooter with some rolling ala RE6 which might not be too bad. If it say, gets as nutty as RE6 it wouldnt be offensive.

How's the overpriced 80's hits?

What the fuck the dive only works randomly?

What the fuck is this shit, it's not even functional

Oh yeah now that's a good idea

wut?
don't use quickplay but select the mission directly.

I saw that after yeah

You have to double tap. They also switched iron sights to shift instead of TPP's binding for some reason

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT'S JUST GOING TO BE THE FUCKING BORING GOD DAMNED SALAVAGE GAME MODE FOR CO-OP IN THE FULL GAME?

It has some cool mechanics, like bringing back MGS3's surgery system, but everything else is kinda boring.

Oh wow you're right that's pretty stupid

I dunno the game isn't very fun. They have the amazing combat and movement from TPP and all they use it for is to fight enemies that come in large groups that take ages to kill.

You have to craft every bullet you use so that's also fucking annoying.

Put ammo pouches on your gear or something. After you're level 15 you get an assault rifle and can pretty much shoot whenever the fuck you want because you get 3 magazines for it, not including the ammo pouch you land. Besides that, you can get an extra 2 guns being a pistol and shotgun secondary to go with it and just never stop shooting at all, ever.

It looks like a crossover of MGS and Front Mission.

Yeah but I need to craft the ammo, and so far I managed to get enough materials to make like 9 bullets for some reason

press g to preorder

Also there's blood dripping on my screen but there doesn't seem to be anything bad associated to it

blood drain or dehydration or something, you need to use your tab-screen status menu to heal it otherwise your stamina will just keep going down, or something.

You're bleeding, open the tab menu and it's the second tab

Any yuropoor wants to team up?
leave steamID

Matchmaking is fucking empty lmao

I've always wanted a co-op mgs game so I'll just wait until the price comes down or it's on sale to buy it. Never ever pre-order ever.

ebin.

It's probably dead on arrival, man. So far it looks like there's literally only one co-op game mode being salvage, which doesn't make any fucking sense because of all its stealth mechanics.

denuvo?
gog?

It says there is only 2 maps and 3 missions since its a "beta", but we both know its going to be shallow as fuck in the end.

Quality thread OP.

It's not a metal gear co-op, if only.
It's just horde mode with other people with no stealth involved.

Unless I'm missing something, stealth does not seem to be even a viable option in anything I've done so far.

Shill it somewhere else, Konami.

it's viable at the start for like a minute and a whole of like 10 seconds when doing side missions before contact.

Although there does seem to be an option to go back to the singleplayer in the menu?
Maybe there's an actual co-op story where you can stealth around

Don't count on it. I'll see what it's like come release but I'm prepared to be proven entirely correct on the subject of non-shit co-op.

MGS drone here, would've paid for that game despite expecting it to be just the survival crafting shit i've been seeing for the last 8 years BUT konami decided to slap denuvo on it so fuck you and fuck your beta

not that it's not surprising, but proofs?

This just makes me wonder of all the other great spinoff we could've gotten instead.
Christ if Konami wasn't so stupid they would've known that the whole survival shit is well on its way out, they could have just ripped of PUBG, put in the gameplay from MGSV and it would've been absolutely amazing.

Everything is even already there, bunch of weapons, customization, vehicles.

This is just so much work for absolutely no point whatsoever. What a fucking waste of money.

I mean MGSV has Denuvo so it's pretty obvious this would too. Don't know why you're so surprised.

there's no mention of denuvo in EULA or on steam store page, so I'm a bit surprised.

There's no mention of Denuvo in the Sonic mania EULA either

Also I can't even find the EULA for MGSV

Where do side quest rewards go, mortars, turrets etc?

They're in a thing of rewards you have to accept
Can't remember where

i mean the in-mission side quest where you go pick up a box and don't let a detonator blow himself up with it

they appear in your base somewhere. like the ammo side mission added a spot in the base where you can refill ammo on all your guns twice in my game

Fuck off shill

i can't decide if this is fucking awful or is merely bad

Thanks!

no thanks

Just mediocre and uninspired

Well it's designed by the one trick pony, of course it looks like MGS.

Fuck man I'm already busy playing Deliverance it's demanding all my attention. Unlike current year +2 this year finally has game releases i actually want to play, except this I just want to see it crash and burn.

Huff some zyklon you fucking yid.

Is it shit?

its fun

it looks like it will get boring quick. unless there's more game modes than "infiltrate" and defend a tower against waves

It's mediocre

You can have fun with shit. There's a reason The Room is so popular.

Shinkawa left the company with Kojima you tard.

They haven't advertised there being more game modes than the co-op salvage, so dead on arrival.

Nah they did I googled it before
There's a co-op single player without the wave shit apparently

post the link nerd, I've been looking for that for ages.

It's good. If it wasn't called Metal Gear there would be nowhere near as many detractors but contemporary Metal Gear "fans" who don't recall VR Missions or other oddball entries feel they have to shout their victim status. The gameplay (the important stuff) is typical high quality Metal Gear. My only gripe is that I feel it doesn't warrant a full release and should have instead been MGSV DLC. The work put into any singleplayer story is a wasted effort imo since I don't care about any not-Snake protag and should've just been directed toward an actual Metal Gear title or new IP.

I've watched gameplay of this and I'm still not too clear and what the fuck you do. Complete a bunch of missions in an open world that all amount to killing waves of zombies with wacky gadgets?

warning it sucks and the people playing are annoying

Dude fuck off
Say why the game is good, don't blame it on fans

I gave this a fair chance and it's a mess. The gameplay is taken straight from a stealth/action game except you can't either Stealth or go full action because you don't have enough ammo.
It's not unplayable, it's just not good.

I was asking if there were any other modes besides salvage for co-op, this is just SP shit.

Oh I misread
I thought the single player was supposed to also be co-op

Am i retarded?
Where the fuck are the temporary side mission rewards like mortars, c4, molotovs etc. they're not in my inventory, not in the shared inventory and not on crafting list.
at least i know where the walker gears are

I don't remember if TPM was like this, but this feels really… sluggish? I don't know. But every action I make feels like it takes forever and there is some sort of input lag when I move the camera and character. I like the character creator because I can make qt soldierfus instead of having to rely on play-dough looking randomly generated ones. The melee feels solid like I'm actually hitting things, but it's so slow and I take unavoidable damage whenever I go in for a hit.

they're in the storage box looking thing.

That's because they got everything locked behind a bunch of skill trees

You are fucking retarded. The entire thing is METAL GEAR SOLID 5 with shitty new half-assed enemies that were made using already existing MGSV assets put together. The new weapons are shit-tier and also look of much lower quality compared to the TPP assets.
The animations, sounds and everything else is the same. It is a fucking MGSV mod.
Not a full game, no new assets, no new anything. It is a fucking half-assed cash grab that no one likes.
Even if they called it something else, it would still be MGS with a different name on it. Every single asset was simply taken out of MGSV. That alone makes it a fucking zero-effort clone.

Kill yourself for defending this absolute pile of irredeemable utter garbage.

The black boxes stack called "repository"?

Non-commentary is the best and only way to go.

Yes

Konami did nothing wrong. Kojimbo is a feminist hollyjew loving pedo and he doesn't hide it.

I solved the mystery.
The stuff i was picking up disassembled into components because i don't have the schematic.
got high tier parts instead of EM net.

there should be a rule against such obvious cuckchannery

Metal gear died the moment Fukushima Tomokazu left.
Kojima just got all of the credit after he left.
However, I'd argue that Ac!d was pretty good too. I wonder what happened to the team who made both of those games?

Lots of people are interested. The fox engine is fantastic. You are delusional.

People don't play a game for the engine

Other than the first sentence, where is he wrong?

Get out.

WRONG MGSV BEST MGS GAME!!!
but survive looks like shit

The beta itself have you being charged more than 25 enemies.

this is a plain lie
not defending the game but let's shit on it because of its real problems, not shitposts

>They never saved the Boss

I guess i'll add that if you want to get better than a B ranking, you need to speed up the machine with that fucking kronos points for wtv the fuck it's called.

Wrong timeline.

MGS3 best mgs.

Are you "that kid"?

Then they made one improvement to the engine since MGSV.

MGS didn't start being relevant until 4.

Post information to back your claims.

Objectively wrong
Best = MGSV
Bester = MGS3
Besterest = Peace Walker

Uh… every modder of MGSV. Even the people who create the modding tools. “Don’t try to load more than about 24 NPCs, because it’s going to crash.” And “I tried to increase the world population further, but it’s unstable.” I can see how someone not paying attention to the topic wouldn’t know about this, but it’s the first thing you run into any time you go to download or make a mod.

I know you might not realise this, but modders do not have access to either the source code nor modding tools
The game is not built to be modded

Hope this clears up your confusion

So thanks for admitting I’m right.

Fuck off dunkey, PW is not a best, it's a shit. And you're not even actually black.

You aren't.
A more correct statement could be that modders cannot figure out how to add more than 25 NPCs.

Which I don't doubt since the modding for MGSV barely reached model swaps.

>MGS WHERE BOSS FIGHTS A TIGREX AND HAS AN ARMY

What the fuck do you mean by that Satan!??!

Whatever you want to believe, kiddo. You’re objectively wrong. They’re making their own missions now.

Again post proof.
I doubt you have any knowledge of engines, programming or game development. It doesn't make any sense that an engine would not be able to handle more than 25 NPCs.

Not to mention the fact that PES used the Fox engine before MGS, and it had more than 25 npcs.

You're a moron and you're talking out of your ass.

Why are steam forums filled with creatures that make subsaharan niggers look like the pinnacle of humanity?

normalfags and kojima babies are a dangerous combination

Why is this shit so gay

so gave it a few matches
kinda of cool concept horde looting progression sim.
only problem hope it gives a lot more then what the beta gave.

Fuck off with your goon memes. I was playing the game with other anons on release and it took months before you edgy tryhards started with this bullshit.
You would suck off dicks if it gave you a platform to be elitist, and that's how goons control the discourse on imageboards. 'This sexist game sucks, but for entirely different reasons'.

This is the kind of lie that's spread by shills, because any player knows it's absurd. Any mission in TPP has higher npc count, and if you start killing people, they can call reinforcements to keep their numbers up.
The 4th or 5th mission in the game is fought on horseback against multiple vehicles getting across a huge map, while npcs are stationed in their outposts, prisoners are being chased by guards etc.

it was a real bug. there was people who would cheat the number of soldiers on FOB platforms so that the game crashed every time you invade. but there's no access to the source code so i could have just been how variables were entered like how too many nukes created world peace

Your logic is flawed. Just because TPP offered Rambo and stealth options doesn't mean Survive should. They share an engine and a similar control scheme but after that they start to differ. Despite sharing an engine and having a similar control scheme you don't play Half-Life as you would play Quake. Each game provides you with different movements, actions, weapons, enemies and problems to solve. Survive is the same. You can either beat your head against the wall thoughtlessly trying to force TTP shaped solutions into Survive shaped holes or you can analyze what's at your disposal, evolve your tactics and… Survive. This isn't TPP 1.5. It's Metal Gear: Helm's Deep. You're no longer assaulting but defending and resources are scarce. So, no, you can't go full action as you would in TTP with all of Mother Base backing and supplying you. And you don't need to because you don't even need to kill the enemy to win, just survive or ensure your drill survives. That's why the path indicators are there, they inform your crowd control decisions. This is the core of the gameplay and it's certainly not taken from TPP. And it's challenging thanks directly to a lack of ammo and the severity of a physical encounter with a creature. Effective use of deployable defenses breaks mobs into manageable groups, making strategy – and not spamming rifle fire – a key ingredient in any recipe for success. As waves progress enemy numbers increase while ammo, components and defensive options dwindle, the resulting chaos and your attempts to patch defensive holes with any remaining deployables (or even your own character and a machete) just to buy a few more seconds is exactly the thrill and challenge the developers intended. It's right there in the title. You may not appreciate or even recognize the quality, nuanced design, however it certainly isn't bad game. It's a small game (with some questionable padding) and as I've already said should've been something less than the near-full price standalone the decision makers at Konami dictated it be. But nevertheless that the coders and gameplay designers did their jobs and the result isn't as contemptible so many make it out to be.

Does posting these things solidify your delusions?
I'm unmoved by these revelations, user. The assets concern me far, far less than the gameplay.
Again I am not so nearly as wounded by this as you.
Are fine need not be recaptured. Also they added melee animations that are not from TPP and of equal quality so you're exaggerating to a degree.
Still work and needn't be rerecorded if not necessary.
Which I never claimed it was. In fact I already said in the very post you quoted that "I feel it doesn't warrant a full release and should have instead been MGSV DLC." But this doesn't make it worthless. The gameplay isn't simply ported from TPP. If you stopped crying for a second you might figure this out. Every complaint you've made is due to its association to Metal Gear so you're not exactly proving me wrong either. How many Roguelikes use ASCII characters? And none of them invalidate the other due to this because we judge them based on the sum of their individual game mechanics. Stop being an emotional child and learn to think critically.

They’re never loaded all at once. Visit Mother Base with Infinite Heaven’s extra troops turned on to show this. Mark everyone in an entire four-platform section, or just use your sonar. You’ll never ping more than 25 at once or see more than that number of distance markers.

K.

user the mechanics of the game and the maps are virtually identical to the point of being perfect copies of each other except for jumps now being done with a double tap.

This is QUITE LITERALLY MGSV 1.5

Which, ironically enough, can only be done by killing the enemy. You can't hold them back. You need to kill them.

Like, I see what you're doing here. But none of the shit you've written makes any sense. Making it so that you need to defend a drill doesn't make the game do a 180, it's the same shit.

Right well now I know you're either a retard or are just fucking with me.

I am still waiting for you to post any proof.
That is not how engines work.

The possibilities are either that MGSV has a limit on spawnable NPCs for performance, or modders just do not know what they are doing.
I either case you would be wrong.

Right. I misspoke. I mean rounds aren't won by killing the enemy but by surviving until the time limit expires. You certainly engage them and kill some but the (or my) objective is to slow their advance. I do kill plenty, chiefly with the bow, which has reusable ammo and otherwise with the two-handed axe.

As for the rest, laugh all you will, nigger!

becomes
Which is completely fine, but you'll keep repeating no.1 anyway. Gotta smear anything denuvo, after all newfags don't perceive MGS as weebshit.

You're really bad at shilling, I hope Konami doesn't give you that much.

The game's bad and fails to build on anything that MGSV did. I know you guys are trying to distance yourself from Kojima's Metal Gear but it's extremely hard to separate Survive from V when everything but one mode is exactly the same.

Tell the devteam to try harder next time. I'm open to more stuff in the vein of MGSV, just maybe give it a little more thought before starting to work on it. Also Survival shit is really 2011, casual audiences don't care about that shit at all. Get some marketing research done and find the current trends if you want that sweet sweet cash.

It was posted already.

Nothing became anything, you mentally defective pile of shit.
>>>/reddit/
Learn how to read.

There are no links in this thread.
At this point you're just derailing discussion and shitposting.

Thou art safe beyond the borders of argumentation, I shall not pursue thee. Tread not my lands again.

What are the chances of this game getting a Battle Royale update?

Dig a little and the contrarian is just a piratefag livid at denuvo. Go be a nigger somewhere else, I'm not gonna start shitting on any game with DRM while goons applaud

= this game is nothing like PUBG

enjoy your failed hard drive and fucked up CPU

Unfortunately.
Battle royale would've fit the already existing gameplay way better than what they put in survive.

Enjoy playing fortnite ironically with the rest of nu/v/.

Huh. This turned out to be kind of fun. Although the missions you've been given are boring as shit but from what I've seen so far it looks like it could be alright if they went the MGS3 route where you have to scavenge and build weird ways to get around whatever obstacle. Although clearly with more crafting crap more than anything. But from what I can see right now, it's going to be a Peace Walker/V affair with smaller missions and barely putting any time into it.

It might be worth a pirate.

Never mind.

The best part of the game is shooting people with infinite ammo in the lobby or building a cage around them while they're afk

Literally the definition of a nation.

Into the trash it goes. I'll just keep dicking around with MGSV. I've finally found a female soldier with good stats that looks a bit like The Boss shame I can't seem to be able to put a headband on her.

You don't understand, the border has\ been privatized so there isn't a government that's ruining everything.

I guess the tuck one of (the many) complaints from 5 been, all those weapons and people feel they can't use them, opting for tranq gun.

Who knew Metal Gear Survive would be this good?

That's some nice gameplay user

Have one more with added cute for being an user of such refined tastes.

Your character looks like shit, user.

I don't know, I like her. Maybe I can't trust your opinion? You might be on the wrong image board too.

Don't tell me its prop hunt.

Reminds me a lot of the Ranger from Path of Exile.

it's you who should have stayed on reddit

just looks like a sperg who wears his heart on his sleeve at worst.

you can't make this shit up

Well now you know.

The absolute state of Konami's animation department

Ha ha you mean you got to keep those memes when you left? Won't someone be mad? What do you even do with them? Doesn't it feel weird using them here? Can you post some more?

jesus christ man

The reason is, Kojima hates MGS after 3. 4 was him begging for the fans to let him end the series.

Hard missions are incredible. Aggro'ing massive hordes far afield and trying not to get killed while keeping them off the digger seems the most beneficial strategy. Still they got the damn thing in the last minute of the last wave dusty tits related

Ultimately interest in a game is just an opinion, my nigger. Don't let it get you too down.

user the only difference is you're calling the government a corporation now. It's functionally the same fucking thing.

trackers spawn at the end and they all dive right onto the the digger. so you need someone sniping at them with gatling guns or otherwise defending the digger at the end there.

iron tower + gatling gun is real powerful.

Those.
Kojimbo is a hack, and Metal Gear's only good points were done by other people, who are not in the team anymore.

What do you need to unlock the schematics for it?

That was good advice.

level thirteen.

wait, nevermind, thought you were referring to the basic MG, when you probably mean the Russian AA gun

the gatling gun turret thing is a drop i think. gotta do normals and pray to rng-sus. managed to snag 4 recepies. 2 teirs of regular ones and 2 shitty auto turrets (bullets and air).

once you unlock a lot of stuff you can make some real wacky trap corridors and whatnot. spike barricades with a buncha spike towers or spinning blades or floor traps behind it are pretty fun and slow down the rabble a ton.

i must admit that for a tower defense game its pretty solid and fun. but is that all that it amounts to? its basically a phantom pain mod at this point. one wearing solid snake skin boots, no less.

I keep looking but there doesn't appear to be anything except salvage for co-op and the ostensibly gay single player. Dead on arrival.

It's dungeon defenders, metal gear solid edition
That's something

Empty bottles shouldn't be classified as a resource but a consumable, it's so annoying the "trash sucking aura" collects my bottles when i want to get water.

IT'S SHIT, JIM

Also the melee combat smokes dick, you can't even combat roll still. All of the flaws of MGSV with no improvements. Cash grab, pure and simple.

you need the melee dash ability for it to be of any use, really.

Apart from the fact it uses all of the same assets and maps, you niggetron.

better off playing dark souls

Did you just make your character
11 minutes ago? I'm impressed by your swift assessments, user. Lesser faggots might have had to actually play the game.

For anyone who is curious on who the developers are for Survive is, for those who cared about Metal Gear Online 3. The MGO2R developers realized that after looking into the Survive beta Files that the assets used to make the game, such as the improved movement and mechanics based upon Metal Gear online 2s mechanics, which in survive are the exact same now. were suppose to be used for Metal Gear Online 3's updates. So it seems that Konami forced them to stop updating the game to make Survive. Which explains alot, and kinda gives closure to why MGO3 dropped so fucking hard after the first DLC maps.

That's unfortunate. MGO3 was dead on arrival though. The lack of dedicated servers made it completely unplayable.
Dropping it might have been a good decision

Yeah, nah. Go shill your shitty cash grabs some where else.

The game is fun, i'll probably buy it on sale.
There's a surprisingly low amount of TPSs with customizable characters and i'm pretty sure the full release will have more game modes so it's looking pretty good so far.

Shill harder than that, faggot.

So what's the pay like as a shill? Cos I could get into it if the money is good.

Are you trying to make a point or something here? I don't care about "assets". New assets are nothing without gameplay. The value of gameplay is independent from fucking "assets." You understand this, right? Logic, design, systems, implementations, this is what gets my dick hard. Not faggy shit like "a-assets". Don't quote me any more talking about assets. Talk to me about gameplay. That is all I've been discussing. But you don't know anything that. You're up there getting your ass beat like DSP and crying for a combat roll. I'll help you out:
MELEE COMBAT REQUIRES AN INVESTMENT OF ANIMATION TIME AND SPACING
Quit all that button mashing and you'll stop getting you countered to hell.

Oh yeah? Post up your character and let me see all those sweet uncommon equips.

How the fuck am I supposed to play this? I tried with a friend and we got fucked by the second wave on the easy mission. Are there better defenses or weapons I don't know about?

Boost the miner and extract early until you get good equipment. There's no penalty to doing so.

Will do.

I like how it crashes when you quit.

are you two retarded?
punch to stagger bombers then go behind them for a stelf instakill with no detonation, if he has friends, blast his legs, and move on.
build fences, Israel proves they work wonders against unwanted
If you're losing interact with the miner and select the bottom most option which starts a pull-out vote
shotgun is a really nice secondary

Not if it's a private individual doing it.

Become a nigger and loot literally everything. Once you run into resistance you get out until you can build walls and traps.

x doubt
Really though, I haven't seen anything and it really pisses me off. If they have more than one mode there's no way they've left it out either in trailers or whatever else.

Is it just me or is there fucking no one in the matchmaking?

it works really weird, the region-locked matchmaking is wonky, and it's easier to add people and form a party.

Anyone wants to tackle the daily hard mission with an S rank?

God Bless Jap Devs

And Jap gameplay

one of the disappointing parts is that diving into them doesn't knock over wanderers.

WEW
Joining your friend who's in-game and full squad will crash your game and he'll replace you.
buddy accidentally kicked me at the final 10 seconds of last wave.

Yeah, but wouldn't you feel that'd be too easily abused as an escape? While surrounded you could just dive to freedom. As it is you have to be careful not to get trapped or sandwiched. Video happens to be related. The two flops/rolls while knocked prone and after taking four hits is sheer panic caused by the fear of being trapped by the creatures. Melee is high risk so I try to constantly work positioning to avoid damage. I knew I was fucked. I guess Wanderers are the basic enemy type? I'm retarded and only committed the special creatures to memory so far.

You can still dive through them, though. They just don't get knocked down.

Oh, I see. That's probably the best compromise to keep the player feeling too restricted/cheated without allowing you to damn near neutralize a group as Venom Snake could in TPP. This whole time I hadn't noticed you could dive through them.

Yes, bombers have weak legs and backstabs prevent detonations, on hard and medium later waves there's an annoying jumping cunt "tracker"? detonators get angry and blow up when they spot you, armored are armored

Spent a whole day playing it. It's a bland, grey, uninspiring mess that gets very boring very quickly. Controls are all fucked up compared to TPP and unresponsive, it feels like I'm playing GZ again. Crafting is tedious and slow. Very few people online - in open beta, no less - so it is dead on arrival.
Not paying 25 bucks for this shit, especially considering that Konami will abandon the servers in a year at best, as they always do.

I played it and it was pretty boring, but more importantly the port was insanely bad. Was the MGSV port this bad? Because this was literally a console game that just HAPPENED to run on PC. It even had fucking aim assist with KB+M.

I haven't backstabbed a Bomber yet, I saw someone do it. I usually try to wrangle a bunch of Wanderers near it and then set it off, maybe damage another Bomber or Armored too if I'm able. The Armored are my favorite to fight since they're a little tough and will stand there and fight with you. I don't like the Tracker for doing the exact opposite and forcing me to put away the axe in favor of a gun. I would love to catch one of those bastards with a heavy chop mid-flight.

I like to drop artillery on crowds, especially when there's bomber among them

oh no aim assist that takes two seconds to turn off what a terrible port

Unfortunate the game is dead on arrival, as even the beta lobbies are empty.
I had a lot of fun with it when i found a game though.

Oh look, another zombie survival game

I'd buy this for a dollar, not 40. They really should've just made it DLC or something.

TPP servers are still up

Left Alive is the new Metal Gear

1. And empty
2. With the same four “events” cycled every two weeks for years.

They are almost completely empty, there is zero moderation and therefore abundance of cheaters, and nobody is adding new content. Survive will go the same way even sooner.

Sounds like someone doesn't like dark souls. I checked out your webms, you should listen to your own advice.

metal gear solid was never good
and kojima is overrated

The cuckening is real.

This. I don't know how anyone can unironically say this autistic fuck has ever done anything good. He LITERALLY self-inserted himself in his own fucking game and had characters refer to him as "god" in-game. And yet manchildren still take him seriously.

Manchildren. That is why.
Anyone with a brain knew that Kojimbo was always a hack as soon as he started to talk in his first interview.

If they changed it from zombies to waifu's, I bet you wouldn't hate game so much. That is until they turn the franchise into another Pachinko game.

source

Holy fuck, kill yourself right now. You're shilling for an absolute zero-effort pile of garbage, made by worthless uninspired developers funded by a publisher who competes for the Worst company of the planet gold award with EA and Ubishit simultaneously.

This fucking trash has absolutely zero redeemable factors. It is absolute unfun garbage. It is the definition of a shitty game made by shitty people. It was made not to be good, but to attract 60 IQ retards like (You).
IT IS METAL GEAR WITH A NEW NAME ON IT YOU FUCKING MONKEY HOLY SHIT

From your description and what I already know about the game, it seems like you could basically just call it “Call of Duty Nazi Zombies except it’s in the metal gear universe”. This instantly desensitizes me to the game and makes me want it to exist even less, as instead of just being “yet another zombie game in an industry that can’t seem to comprehend we don’t want zombie games anymore” on top of being “You wanted a completed MGS game? Fuck you; have this shit instead!” and “pointless loot box cash grab #94884.”

And of fucking course the sage isn’t kept.

Who tho?

Takes forever to do a "quick" game, and you can't even chain them, you have to go back to the lobby with your team every fucking time
The gameplay isn't even worth it, it's just an orcs must die/fortnite clone with an MGS5 skin

Side missions after each waves are fucking braindead, you can just rush to pick up the box while ignoring the special zombie guarding it. Speaking of those side missions, they're basically saying "yeah you should just fuck off in the wild while your team actually try to defend the objectives, fuck those guys lol"

Also, no incentive to actually put obstacles and traps while playing with randoms, why the fuck should I use my ressources when the other suckers will do that for you? And I'm pretty sure the ressources gathered in multiplayer are used in solo mode, giving even less reason to participate in the defense.
And when everyone do put their traps and obstacles, it's a clusterfuck, want to prevent your teammate to use their turret effectively? put a fence in front of their fireline! Thank god there's no friendly fire, that would be the death of this mode

So not only this game has to deal with it's bad reputation, thanks to kojima fanboys who can't let go, it also has to deal with game mechanics who works against each other, good luck with that konami

calm down and lol no
hundreds of hours of effort went into Survive, you made need tutoring in math
Anyone with half a brain and an even cursory relationship with video games can easily see the programmer's quality work from just videos, with the game in hands its overwhelmingly obvious. I wonder what your problem is? Maybe you it's your IQ that should be discussed…
So don't buy it?
It has plenty and you sound like woman suffering a mood swing, do you think lying and exaggerating makes you right?
Except it's fun and most likely better than whatever satisfies the odd criteria of a "game" your bitching implies
Except it's not lmao

Chain link fences can be shot through. The fence will hold off a number of them, which lines them up for easy kills, unless it's a wooden fence, in which case, you'd be right to complain. I do agree that this game is far from functional, though. Why the fuck does it take 5 fucking minutes to search for a match? Why the fuck isn't there a lobby browser? Why the fuck do barriers get destroyed at the end of each round? Why can't I craft in bulk? I have to hold the fucking button down for a second to craft two fucking rounds. If you have an assault rifle, you're going to spend 5 fucking minutes crafting bullets. Why are there "RPG elements"? Nobody wants that shit. Who designed these menus? They're a pain to navigate and they appear to be unnecessarily complicated. Why is the control scheme so different when compared to MGSV? Why do I have to double tap to lunge? Why doesn't my character stay prone after a lunge? Why does he immediately get back up to standing position?

I have mixed feelings about this game. On the one hand, I admit this can be somewhat fun. On the other hand, it's definitely not worth the price of admission, especially if this is all the game has to offer. Might as well go back to Resident Evil 5 and play fucking Mercenaries mode. That, or play virtually any other zombie game made in the last ten fucking years.

The Konami shills are going in full force, I see.

It is nearly as great an epidemic as one and done cuckchan posters.

Pretty much this. The only people who buy this are gonna be those who are fucking desperate for MGSV co-op mode, cause there is no fucking reason at all to play it. The beta already has mixed reviews.

rly makes u thonk….

Please be careful.

It's just brain-dead zombie shlock. MGS has been dead for a long time and yet they still find fresh and exciting ways to rape the corpse.

Opinion discarded
The game is trash and the people behind it are also trash. And you are trash for liking too.

Expand on how you arrived at this description.
LMAO as opposed to what exactly? One of the many under-designed indie free-to-play options or the glitchy mods/commercial titles with abysmal production values? Are you actually implying there is some higher quality standard in this "genre" that the Survive developers didn't obliterate entirely and actually fell short of? I'm just kidding with the question marks btw, I can't be bothered to give a shit about your retarded answers.

Deep post, faggot.

I'm implying the game is trash and so are you.

He’s a faggot, but so are you. Fun is subjective and should never be used in any arguement about a game’s worth. Fun is anecdotal evidence.

Wow, user. You have such refined taste. Post more pictures of grandpa's top 10.

How do you equip the rifle?

To stay prone after lunging, hold down the A button/Spacebar.

Remember when you used to be able to discuss games, even shit ones?

Maybe this will help discussion.

Overrall, it's fun with friends (which can be said of almost any game, I know), but I don't see myself playing any of it solo if this is all the gameplay has to offer. I don't like the skinner box gameplay elements. The skill tree system has potential for interesting movesets defining your character but I don't think Konami will really use to its fullest potential. Instead the skill tree just seems to add situational moves that you won't use that often except for a select few (dash, sprint smash, etc.). The selection of weapons is paltry, but I know that's due to the nature of it being beta, but my concern is that there won't be enough variety in the end except for the fact they'll start trying to give you incentive to purchase microtransactions for new weapon recipes and shit. Fun to troll friendlies in the lobby though.

The Fox Engine is the true MVP of this whole thing. That thing runs so fucking great, too bad that it's used to make trash games and attached to such a cancerous company. The engine has huge potential.

I'd buy it for 4.99 on a sale. Otherwise I don't see myself playing it. Funner than I expected, but my expectations were already rock bottom to start.

well shit

no

You are severely autistic you know that user?

So it's just a shitty zombie rush game? I thought it was going to be some pseudo open world with survival mechanics.

That's all that's available in the beta, what the campaign is like or if there's other modes remains to be seen.

Shut the fuck up

I'm still waiting for the sequel.

I thought the same, until I realized the true potential of the FOX Engine.

We built a full baseball diamond with iron towers and played actual baseball
It was fun
Shame about the game being garbage though, at least I had my fun with the beta

Then play Peace Walker?

Shills are already desperate because they have lost the ability to deceive people into believing in Kojimbo's lies. Now people are also rejecting Metal Gear, and seeing it as the shit that it is. Keep up exposing the shit that the franchise is, and how even shittier it became, so normalfags also reject it and it can end once and for all.

Kojima has nothing to do with Survive.

Are these real sentences? Like from a human brain?

I'm glad that everyone with a brain realize how much of a hack kojima is
What could go wrong? the logical choice is to go crazy with the story. because the hack write himself into a corner.

Could it be you?

Shit like this makes me sad, the engine is good but it's trapped in such a shitty game. Hopefully an actual fun co-op game comes out on it, because the engine is built for dicking around in

its a shame cause more phantom pain shenanigans is what the people wanted. this is a real monkey's paw sort of deal.

i done figured out how to use them shitty auto turrets. turns out they are not so shitty but their range is so godawfully short and sometimes they require babysitting. 3 things you gotta watch out for.
1) their range is a short bubble. about 2-3 fence widths long. so putting them on iron towers is a bad idea.

2) bombers will blow them up quick. so you want stealth kill bombers and place the turrets about 1-2 fence distances away from the path to prevent them getting exploded.

3) the digger itself explodes buildings within a certain range at the end of the round. its the red circle thing around it. the problem is that it grows at the end of the round and the distance it grows isnt shown to you until after so you have to guess.

so you go out and build a tiny base or two and the enemies die on their own. the air cannon turret, while the shittiest one, turnt out to be the most fun one cause it flings dudes back into the traps you set. its especially fun in the mines when you got lots of shredders and spike poles going in the tight corridors.

as a result of all this i think i've 'beaten' this beta thoroughly. with me just sitting back at the base speeding up the grinder.
oh. you can summon metal gear ray from the thing when you have a million kubans and pick tactical support.

Not only the writing, but every design choice that he made (while making others implement those, as he never worked in anything) made clear that he was always a hack.
Kojimbo only put his name on the works of others.
Shills are sperging out in full force, as both Kojimbo and Metal Gear without him are going down and at the same time raising people's awareness of how shitty this whole franchise always was.

I played it with a friend and the beta just felt generally lacking, I want to compare it to monster hunter because that's what it reminds me of however this wave defense shit is not interesting what so ever, it'd be fine for a side thing you could do but not the main focus of the game and have some actual kinda Survival aspect instead of fuck around for 20 minutes or so which is honestly what the game feels like you're doing, the only thing you need to worry about is the bombers and everything else can be taken cared of easily enough due to the fact that although you're limited in your supplies, it's not really a limit because the maps they have are tiny and utterly full of shit you can nigger.

I couldn't really say it's fun with a friend either unless you just don't play the game what so ever.

just shoot them like clay targets and then curbstom.

trackers really aren't a problem

it's a fun video game. Am i full aware that im supporting jewnami? Yes

>You're that gay ninja…

You just lack taste.

It's fun for a few minutes but it seems like it will get old fast.

I'm gonna do it!
I'm gonna pre order it!

(checked)
Were you the one who was shitposting about MGS in Sonic threads?

perhaps?

I wish it had bonus waves like pooyan mission or getting a nice conga line of only bombers and detonators with only 1 strategic shot to kill them all

I asked this ages ago but did something happen to the lighting system? TPP has this really nice GI kind of effect with the lighting, especially with the Northern Kabul map. That seems to be gone here and the general quality of the lighting looks like it took a big hit. Is that just because it’s foggy all the fucking time so everything is just washed out and gray?

Not that it really matters. It’s an overpriced asset flip anyway.

Seeing the single player mode played live, holy shit. the survival mechanics like oxygen in dust, and hunger+thirst everywhere else are absolutely fucking broken with how fast they drain.

even in the beta, stamina drains when you fucking crouch walk, you're gonna metabolize like a jet engine. I'm sure they'll offer to slow it down for only $2.99 though.

t. never crouch walked
I wish it had no microtransaction bullshit becasue the beta was really fun, and the gameplay looks at least servicable other than the drain rates.

MGSV has microtransaction as well user.

They weren't as severe and could've been easily spoofed with Cheat Engine IIRC

NEAT

A good sign.
Metal Gear, without the hack Kojimbo, can finally be a good franchise, and this early acceptance is an important part of it.

uh huh

now metal gear can finally be the zombie shooter it was always meant to be

Checked

lol Konami just used the Fox Engine to jump on the streamer PUBG train, like the others.

I wonder how long til a PUBG mode comes out for it.

see

State of your decay mate

this place is pretty fucking useless to talk about games really. Can anyone recommend anywhere thats somewhat active without people spouting trumpcucksjwaltrighttraptranny every few lines? Or should I just petition that net neutrality should be just done away with because this is whats left?

Keep talking shit

its because "report and ignore" turned into "argue with until thread is bumplocked because ignoring problems wont make it go away but feeding trolls will :^)"

If it is good, there is nothing wrong with that.
And it does not have Kojimbo, so it is already a better product.

Cheap and profitable, while still being fun.
What is wrong with that?

If you don't like it, leave.
Don't ask for anything.

Cuckchan is what you're looking for. You should be familiar with it.

lol Holla Forums im goin to play it and you cant stop me

stop bein such massive hispsters ur just as bad as the sjws who play indieshit on the ps4

No, i'm going to stop you.
As we speak i'm taking the money from your probably Steam account and funding Tyrone to come fuck your wife/girlfriend/mother/sister right now.
I will then post a picture of Konami on your desktop so you know who exactly is at fault for this mishap. Even though it's mostly yours.
Also they're probably playing indieshit on the PS4 because there's nothing else to play on the PS4.

Konami, please.

Although I hate that faggot Kuckjimbo, I'd much rather play his "games" than play this tbh. I tried the beta and it's awful.

Get the fuck back to >>/reddit/ you soy huffing retard

>game can be shit because kojangles got to 3d scan muh western waifu's feet and her ovaries with his dick

in addition
>you hear troy baker revolver ocelot inciting you to do legendary big boss stuff
everything went downhill from there

The result of having a fraud like Kojimbo on any project.

The result of having no tardwrangler for kojima, I'd say.

this place was good until 2 years after the exodus, which probably means most of the cuckchanners are here already mixed in with people fleeing a dying SA.

No wonder the board quality has gone down

Now just tell me where the new place to actually talk about videogames without talking about redditspacing every second line is.

have you tried reddit

Well? Are the co-op missions just salvage?

What the fuck is this shit?