my.mixtape.moe/mhatze.7z
patreon.com/punyhuman
steamcommunity.com/games/dystopia/announcements/detail/2738622771821837383
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All hail dystopia

THIS SHIT SHOULD BE ON GAMENIGHT.
Fuck, I hope it brings it back.
FUCKING KILL ME

Also plaster this on the linux gaming thread or /g/. We can get some Gentoo neckbeards to play with us.

Shame it's going to die completely within a week, if it will take off again at all.

Nice, is it still alive?

>>>/cuckchan/

what? We have a /g/ here.
Or was there some drama there?
I haven't gone there in two years.
Is that why Holla Forums exists?

It is now.

You have to go >>>/back/

Better kick off a gamenight this weekend while it still lasts then.

I don't understand. Trully. I don't go on /g/.
I stick to more esoteric boards.
What's wrong with it?

I've been wanting to play it but I always miss the gamenights. What does it even play like?

On it's most base level, it's a shooter.
You pick 3 classes (heavy, light, medium) and a pair of weapons plus enchancements.
Each class has a diferent pull of weapons and varying ammounts of space for enchancements.

Then you play and find out that shooting is only one third of the game.
Some of the enchancements are things to help you locate your oponent (by sound, infrared etc) and some are things to prevent the enemy finding you (cold suit, clock). So it's a game of cat-and-mouse where some teams can coordinate because you can't bring all the enchacements by yourself.

The last third is hacking. This game has one of the best renditions of cyberspace and every map requires it. The attackers usually need to enter and secure an acesspoint and guard the hacker while he enters it (you enter cyberpsace but your body is still in meatspace).

It's not extremely complex, it just has a good amount of content that all works together very well.
Also Katanas.

Oh shit, Neotokyo 2 when?

Sounds pretty dope. If we can get a gamenight going sometime I'll try to make it.

Dude I fucking wish.

Discarded until pirated. Still interested on it though.

What even is this meme? you say it's fun an-
Well that makes me want to puke already.

Almost got me interested

gamenights provide pirate versions

HL is some normalfag meme franchise, why should I even bother pirating it?

Every one of those games was overhyped trash since the day they were released fuck off, only portal may be ok but tf2 was shit and so was HL2 being an overrated tech demo

The first half life is a pretty decent singleplayer shooter and it's quite fun.
The following ones do have some problems with long dialogues, but otherwise they are neat shooters as well.
Plus, they were quite the benchmark test back then too.

Hindsight is 20/20 huh? I've been on Holla Forums since 2005 and Half Life 2 used to be required reading you were just expected to fucking play. And, hipsters that they (you?) are, Holla Forums also fucking adored Portal when it first came out and thought the orange box was one of the best bargains ever, and only began to hate it when the cake is a lie caught on among normalfags.

>>>/cuckchan/

I'd say HL2 is pretty dated now as it invested too much in novelties at the time (long dynamic cutscenes, physics fuckery) while the core gameplay is far from the best for a shooter. But I haven't been cynical for over a decade to have avoided it.

Yeah, but the art design and visual are still top tier and hold up and so do the physics.
The game is also wonderfully paced.
The exposition scenes and characters are all shit though along with the writing.

It's a decent game, just a massively overrated one that barely resembles the original.

The Dystopia gamenight we did last year was one of the most successful ones we've had. We fully populated two servers concurrently and even had one of the mod developers play with us and answer questions.

Shit game, 3/10
What is it about?

The game is terrible.

Wait, does this mean no more easy bhopping?

Insanity

Who is that neon lady? Is there any interesting material of her?

More importantly, does this mean we can abh in Dystopia?

Teams of soldiers battling in the map while flying Russians in cyberspace hack turrets, doors and things to turn the tables.

Where can I get a link to this bumping OST? I aint finding shit on share threads, pirate sites or soulseek.

Oh, those poor fuckers

Blade Symphony is actually pretty decent

decent game with an interesting take on cyberspace.
the only thing bad is the game needs to remove armor

Tell that to the consumers

Neotokyo was never good.

from the game's files, here it is
my.mixtape.moe/mhatze.7z

It had really good aesthetic and great level design for the time, as well as a great OST to go along with it. The gameplay did leave a lot to be desired but it's the closest we've come to a competently handled GitS-style shoooter

Hey its up and seems to be working for the moment.

holy fuck

Does this have the "full jeep, go!" easter egg the dev promised radcorp or was that for Dystopia 2?

Redpill me on this game

lurk for 6 months before posting

And you should go kill yourself right now.

That was for Dys2

>>>/cuckchan/

So they've got a Github, but they're not actually sharing the source on it.

They also have a Patreon:
patreon.com/punyhuman
Guess what amazing new game they offer to people who pay enough money to their Patreon:

So anyone hosting a server for the weekend?

Is this the year HL2 mods make a comeback?

Sure, and Valve will release a game
Golden Age of Half Life and 2 happened because the games had been recently been released.
It's been 20 years since Half Life, 14 years since Half Life 2, 10 years since the Orange Box.

It's fucked

1.5.1's out now.
steamcommunity.com/games/dystopia/announcements/detail/2738622771821837383

wew.

Bump.

Holy fuck, I feel old.

If only we finnaly had decent bots to populate servers and practice with…

Christ the state of Holla Forums is full of faggots who think everything popular is somehow not worth their precious memes. Go fuck yourself you internet hipster.

It won't be the year any mods make a comeback until people outside here realize these are cooler than any streamerbait FOTM

Someone set up a gamenight. When I played this game is was already dead with servers active once a week. It makes me truly sad that I missed a Holla Forums gamenight already.

I wanna fug that weird glowing gal

Anyone wonder if this is because of that gamenight we had? The game hadn't had that many people in for almost 6 years.

Second game, I preferred the Research And Development Corp idea though.

It doesn't matter

>Dystopia 1.5.0 is a new baseline. In the last 8 months, we’ve migrated our massive infrastructure, created a new build system distributed across numerous cloud machines, that compile on multiple platforms and architectures. This will allow us to release updates at a faster pace.

That's the one.

1.5.2 is out