So uh Labo doesn't seem to be THAT bad

So uh Labo doesn't seem to be THAT bad

Other urls found in this thread:

redirector.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?expire=1518711408&sparams=dur,ei,id,ip,ipbits,itag,lmt,mime,mm,mn,ms,mv,pl,ratebypass,requiressl,source,expire&mime=video/mp4&signature=BCB1D333E7D088236248CF0721E903C785075662.7BDE459CFD4AC3BFF4A3FB46D6E826B8814994AD&ms=au,rdu&ratebypass=yes&ipbits=0&pl=28&mv=m&mt=1518689684&mn=sn-qxo7rn7l,sn-qxoedn7z&mm=31,29&fvip=2&key=yt6&dur=408.996&c=WEB&source=youtube&id=o-ABwjfMugImLwtCUOewdviYBVYSJ4GmsJz0IoFe-26JBC&requiressl=yes&lmt=1518666748193245&itag=22&ei=EF6FWp-tGIrYuAKDqpOADg&ip=107.178.195.147&utmg=ytap1#t=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shill or not, let the bets begin!

It seems even worse!

Fuck, if I took the time to sage, I would've gotten triple dubs

Let's all laugh at the retard

For i moment i honestly thought i was on 2013 cuckchan.

I must admit the bike game and the piano do offer a ton of possibilities for autists to create custom stuff, but nowhere near enough to justify the price point.

But disregarding that, since when did Gamexplain become a glorified advertising channel as opposed to some game analysis bullshit or whatever the fuck they were doing before.

Robot Kit trailer. Shows more modes, abilities, weird things like putting the Switch inside the back pose so you can make sounds when you move (2:52) and even a 2P vs mode Which is going to require another kit obviously unless this has online.

Spare cardboard box, not included.

The process of creating a track with the flying motorcycle looks like a pretty good feature, I been wondering if someone would implement a track designer like that in a racing game for years.

This honestly looks kinda cool, if only from a potential standpoint, it's fucking ridiculous how much they've stretched the inputs and outputs just on the two joycons
If they can do that much, I can imagine autistic simulators making use of entire cockpits and shit that would have otherwise been too expensive to produce

what a waste of programing and designing, this really make me sad…

Gameexplain , more like Gayexplain

Everything look like science projects designed by fucking losers, have with your Pay2Play console.

WE'RE GOING TO EXAMINE IMPORTANT DETAILS THAT NO ONE GIVES A SHIT

How the hell are people going to preserve these things? Its going to be hell for collectors and people who like to keep their stuff in good conditions.

Just as planned, goyjin.

I'm sure vidya historians will be happy to learn cardboard is a renewable resource

They actually said that they'll have replacement kits for sale (of course). I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that those would be dirt-cheap (

Thought of that too.

I hope that some third party releases prebuilt plastic alternatives, not like I intend to buy this shit, ever.

The tamagotchi and piano looks like the only interesting things in there, the fishing and bike game seem barebones as fuck

I've decided to just accept everything in that video as a proof of concept, similar to what 1-2-switch or wii sports were. The mechanics presented in that video can easily be improved upon to make full games, and seems to be a far more complex and fleshed out design anyway.

the robot game is looking okay, but the piano and bike game is making me gape my mouth a bit

It's something I would have loved ages 3-6.

Out of all that's shown this is by far the stupidest thing.

That kid looks like a fucking faggot.

I think little kids will love it. Like, the ones young enough to have not learned how to read yet but spend all day watching creepy youtube videos where middle aged men "enthusiastically" shout "yaaaay this so so fun isn't that so cool omahgahwd" literally non fucking stop for 10 minutes solid because 10 minutes is the monetization threshold. Good for Nintendo. They're going back to their roots as a little children's toy company.

All of you salty niggers need to grow up and get a PC or something god damn.

It's gonna be hilarious

I would post some top tier memes, but that would trigger some people here and probably get me banned.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh holy shit. At least they had the decency to use plastic for Wiimote accessories. This is retarded. How do they expect kids not to break them? Cardboard. Fucking cardboard. Hahaha

Why would I do this and miss out on the chance to bully a stupid fuck?

That's the point. Break them so you buy some replacements.

Same thoughts here, but I would add: Cynically, this is just a means of releasing new peripherals in the cheapest way possible. Optimistically, I have seen far worse games cranked out for kids. At least these games and kits indicate a modicum of thought and effort.

>redirector.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?expire=1518711408&sparams=dur,ei,id,ip,ipbits,itag,lmt,mime,mm,mn,ms,mv,pl,ratebypass,requiressl,source,expire&mime=video/mp4&signature=BCB1D333E7D088236248CF0721E903C785075662.7BDE459CFD4AC3BFF4A3FB46D6E826B8814994AD&ms=au,rdu&ratebypass=yes&ipbits=0&pl=28&mv=m&mt=1518689684&mn=sn-qxo7rn7l,sn-qxoedn7z&mm=31,29&fvip=2&key=yt6&dur=408.996&c=WEB&source=youtube&id=o-ABwjfMugImLwtCUOewdviYBVYSJ4GmsJz0IoFe-26JBC&requiressl=yes&lmt=1518666748193245&itag=22&ei=EF6FWp-tGIrYuAKDqpOADg&ip=107.178.195.147&utmg=ytap1#t=0

Now to wait for the fish tank filled with dicks

Are you mentally retarded?

OF COURSE LITTLE KIDS WILL LOVE IT
THEY HAVE NO TASTE OR STANDARDS
I played with stupid shit as a kid. Pocket lint and snot were a blast. Kids could get hundreds of other better arts and crafts and music kits that can take them further then. You can get fucking cardboard for free but you can get a keyboard piano for around the same price as the Labo variety kit. Using amazon prices 69.99 for the variety kit with the piano and 39.99 - 59.99 prices for piano keyboards on the
FIRST FUCKING PAGE
of prices for a keyboard.

Peddling out shit and saying "It's just for kids" Is the worst fucking excuse. And I know it buttfucking manchildren are the only motherfuckers spewing out that excuse. Give me an interview with the director or development staff saying that folding cardboard was their dream and they had to realize it through video game and maybe I'll back off. If not, this is a complete scam and the Amiibo Federation Force is hydrating the Nintendshaft with extreme prejudice.

I can't imagine anyone actually buying this but a lot of the software seems pretty impressive and inventive.

Little children love making things. There's a god damn reason LEGO is so popular. What you can't see is that it's not about the piano, it's about the activity of assembling the piano yourself. The only manchild I see here is the one getting absolutely assblasted that Nintendo released a literal toy for children instead of something that appealed to him.

Schutzstaffel labo gear when?

lol

Check em

I think what's going to be interesting is how long will the cardboard attachments handle repeated motion/friction use and contact with human skin (and sweat). With plastic you can just wipe it down, how do you clean cardboard?
I heard a theory somewhere that one possible reason for the price is Nintendo using a higher quality cardboard (not the usual cheap corrugated stuff)

From what I heard of the Variety Kit

It's gonna turn into a Bart and Lisa style fight of spinning arms and kicking air, if you get hit, it's you own fault.

WEW LAWD

You can clearly see the target audience in the commercial. Why the hell is this discussed here? I know you're all manchildren but even that has its limits.

Do you have a video or anything regarding that programming interface? As a programmer, it intrigues me, but I didn't see it in the video anywhere.

>>>/toy/

Once again you can google "make a cardboard piano" and you get several cheaper and more in depth options than the fucking labo.
Stop defending Nintendo's bullshit nigger.

fuck neo/v/

To be honest I think it looks wonderful as a child's toy.
But I cannot imagine anyone over the age of 10 wanting this.

Video games can be enjoyed by children, but are not toys.
This is a toy.

Not this shit again.

Well, I would buy it for my kids instantly. People always say how kids these days always sit in front of their monitors or ipads or so, and this would be a great toy to offer a mix of both, and possibly a good introduction to more complex stuff like lego robots or arduinos.

But yeah, it's a toy for kids, why are you autists even bothered by this.

I too would buy it for my wife's kids.

I'm surprised at how much they managed to squeeze out of the piano and the bike games, the variety pack genuinely looks better than the robot game

Yeah, Labo is a Japanese product for Japanese people, and they know it. I don't think it's going to get much traction over here.

I like the ideas and what it expands on. I'm still worried about the durability of the cardboard. Now I wish other game companies can actually use the creative applications that the Joycons can show instead of letting Nintendo do it themselves. They don't even need to use the cardboard. Seems like you can do many different things with it if you actually try to make a game catered to the console instead of just a port.

Yeah, nah.

Gee, maybe that has something to do with this not being a video by Nintendo

I'm gonna buy five and sell four and I'm going to make a profit and there's nothing you market-retarded faggots can do to stop me

Why was this never talked about when they showed the damn thing off years ago?

Check mine numerals

So how long until someone recreates the cardboard bits with either corrugated plastic or thin sheets of another polymer for better durability? I'd say sheet metal, but that's obviously not kid friendly and weight would probably become a problem. But it should be fairly trivial to laser cut some sheets of something to match.

It's an infrared camera, there's one in your wiimote as well (it's the thing that sees the wii's sensorbar, which is just two IR LEDs at a fixed spacing)
1 2 Switch uses it as well.

Will it be possible once Switch homebrew is a thing to have a literal sex simulator with the right accessories?

I honestly expect people to make solid versions of this crap ionstead of using cardboard. If homebrew takes off it might become the budget alternative to VR bullshit.

And while the gimmicks look neat, their just that: gimmicks. I don't expect this to be stellar in sales.

Can't wait to see dick holes and tit mountains with people scanning their private parts.

fug

I'm not sure what justifies the $80 price tag for the robot. Plus I'm going to call it now that there are going to be people who take the robot kit outside and get robbed.

Pretty sure it's $60 for the robot game plus 20 for the cardboard kit.

I mean, the IR camera can see depth so you could put it inside an onahole and see how far something's stuck inside, but that's a pretty roundabout way of doing it and you're gonna cum on the controller.

Seems pretty great to me.

it's going to fail. it's too inconvenient

I'm still not convinced that the labo is real.

i want to steal an entire shipping container of labo kits and set them all on fire.

It's like you faggots love getting Jew'd

le i h8 shadman meme xDDD

I thought you got arrested again shad, stay in prison pls

you seriously doubt nintendo's autistic fanbase.
also get ready for scalpers this is gonna be the best one yet.
and if they seriously run out of fucking cardboard there is some serious shit nintendo is pulling on their retarded fans.

requesting OC that isn't cuckchan reposts.

They use smartphones now, get your stereotypes updated.

is that it?

Sadly yes. I only have one more.

Would you rather a social justice western company funded by jews who bought out half the world's governments *cough* Micro$oft *cough* spy on your private life?

Well, pretty sure the controller will be protected by a screen of some sort.

It is a marketing ploy, so it is already shit because of it.
Make a fss about how shitty it is, to prevent normalfags from falling to it.

What whats wrog with diives and sunibee?

>worsens your privacy because it still loads the video directly from youtube so you are getting tracked by two companies now instead of one
The hooktube meme needs to fucking die already. Pure placebo for idiots too dumb for youtube-dl.

sunibee is one note and focuses on ass exclusively, with common themes being puffed up giant anuses, and diives can't draw anything but the same hourglass body shape with overly large heads, using gigantic ass as a way to cover up his lines and proportions.

Essentially, one's overly focused on ass at the expense of everything else, and the other one's just a lazy ass who uses "artstyle" to hide their lack of training and practice outside the comfort zone with proportion.

It's not as appealing as it should be, since Sunibee focuses on the anus instead of the ass, and Diives just doesn't do proportion or detail work.

Oh hey an objective explanation instead of a passive aggressive personal story, thats a nice surprise.

Thanks!

lmao y'all just jealous of his success
keep on hatin

He's right tho.
Comparison as a means to improve is admirable.
Comparison as a means to justify is deplorable.

People do that all the time, you'd be retarded not to think that.

Gamexplain just ripped Japanese videos and added the english audio to them because the official english videos (from the Labo webpage) were of a lower visual quality.

Found it for you user, it's in the Labo Overview trailer. The Toy-Con Garage mode, starts at 2:56. If you had seen the "falling man" from the original Labo unveiling trailer, that was done with this mode.

Dont be a pussy

Except it doesn't. If you watched the actual fucking video about it, you would see that it only needs 2: 1 in the backpack, and 1 in the visor. All of the colour on the hands and feet just comes from coloured string.

Thanks user, looks far simpler than I would've liked, but hopefully it still maintains the versatility and power I would expect from a programming interface, and can be used to make things as complex as the piano or robot.

Haha

It's neat, but it doesn't change the fact that it's made of fucking cardboard. That shit is going to bed, crease, erode, and tear. The fact that it's primarily meant for kids just means these things will happen faster. They'll pull a cord too hard, accidentally spill something on them, or push down on something too forcefully. These things will barely last.

The patterns are freely available for download I think, so you can transfer them to new cardboard or other materials.

I assume you all graduated from elementary.
Why does this thread even exist, this shit is clearly aimed for the young kids, not even middle schoolers. Why do you even give a shit about toys, lmao

Some people identify as a nintoddler and are personally deeply offended when someone else doesnt worship everything their personal overlord does

That's the saving grace of Labo. Devs can distribute the designs for free, so they can make wagglan games without requiring $50 worth of gimmicky plastic controller. There's no excuse for actually paying for Nintendo Approved Cardboard, though.

Sure these games are shit, but if they made a not-shit flight sim or something with a cardboard flightstick plus throttle I'd be interested.
Current labo is kiddie shit, but it could be applied to actually interesting peripherals without having to pay $100+ for a controller that only works for a single game.