UWP just got cracked

The Windows Universal Platform just got cracked by Codex.
Other games sure to follow
Win10 only though Goy
layer13.net/rls?id=8346579
dsogaming.com/news/windows-10-uwp-protection-cracked-zoo-tycoon-ultimate-animal-collection-had-five-layers-of-drm/

Other urls found in this thread:

fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1709.frag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The what now?

Whats this oWo?

Microkikes DRM
This game though had 5 layers of it

Oh I see now. You should've said that the game was zoo tycoon, I didn't read the image closely enough.

It's also in the linked article you fucking Jian

While a great effort, there isn't that many games that are under UWP. Plus in order to play this you have to use fucking W10.

How is it a universal game platform if it only works on modern Windows systems?

Jesus fucking shit, why do I still have windows installed?

Forza Horizon 2 and Halo Wars 2
I think that's about it and they're just ok and mediocre respectively.
At least the goys who actually have Botnet10 on their computers will be able to play AoE at 4K.

Jesus Christ that sounds worse than Denuvo. The amount of code they must have had to analyze must have been huge.

So that means I can play Farce Horizon without giving a single shekel?

Was that Zoo Tycoon even worth it?

That's just the name they gave it faggot, you think micro$oft cares about that outside of how it sounds?

depends

What I find even funnier was that it was cracked, this must be an utter humiliation to them right now

No, it's fucking trash
Hopefully they don't fuck up Jurassic World Evolution because it looks great and they did a good job with Planet Coaster.

And Horizon 2 is absolute trash compared to the first so may as well scratch that one off too.

I bet you can't even feed people to animals, can you? Now I just want a proper Zoo Tycoon thread.

Pirates find a way.

how many layers of protection are you on my dude?

Nice

desu-ne

I know this feeling, I need to get off this fucking datamining platform and go full Holla Forums.

I feel like games aren't being cracked anymore because people want them but how many levels of DRM they have

I haven’t bought a game in a decade and I don’t think I’ve pirated one in the last year. There just isn’t anything I want anymore.

Whats the point of extreme drm if no one even uses it? Though now it certainly is useless cracked.

Read the entire sentence, dipshit.

Because Linux still doesn't have much in the way of games. Otherwise I'd recommend everyone to jump ship, it's so much more reliable and customizable that having to go back to Windows is depressing.

The day when devs natively dev for linux instead of windows
umpf

I get by now like, using ubuntu or some shit probably won't be annoying or hard to set up probably like sudo give wine use wine on (installer) and get my games running in wine, but like, it seems like such an inconvenience.

Isn't this a new record?

It's the ultimate anti-piracy technique, selling garbage that normalfaggots will gobble up anyways

Yeah. It's probably for the best. Thank goodness the old games will always be there to offer you solace in these dark times.

I think AssCreed Kangz was similar, so it may be a tie at this point.

It’s nice to see former Windows users finally comprehend why OS X is so popular. *NIX system with a pretty UI and a ton of features that non-power users went gaga for. Maybe before 2030, if civilization hasn’t completely collapsed (lol), we’ll finally get a near-guarantee of *NIX system compatibility with any given piece of software.

That sentence is missing a few key words that could understandably cause confusion in someone expecting competent English.

get outta here with that

this. once linux has a slightly more reliable and retard-proof method of gaymen i'm going to switch over permanently. i have a 10 year old laptop i brought back from the dead a few months ago to try linux on for the first time ever and i'm genuinely shocked at how a decade-old piece of garbage is giving me a stabler, smoother and more enjoyable overall computing experience than my medium-high end desktop for everything but games

I'm switching when they cut support to 7 in 2020.
I recommend everyone to do so when it happens, using Botnet10 is physically painful to me.

Sorry I don't write for autistic retards

The only word it’s missing is “A” before “*NIX system”. I expected you to be competent enough not to need it.

lol, you’ll get over it.

Plebs

I knew it would happen one day, but I had some vain hope it would be further away than that. I'm sure Microsoft can't wait to pull the plug, and even if only 10% of the laggards ever upgrade to win10 they'll consider it a success for the company.

I deduce that this is bait, for a very simple reason: actual Mac users know the system is called "macOS" now.

But I have to agree that it has an interface so damn nice that it doesn't have to be customizable. Too bad the hardware is mad overpriced.

Where is "*NIX system" even in that sentence? Are you even paying attention to what posts are being replied to?

Says the guy so retarded, he can't write with proper grammar or even with all the words he meant to use.

This is why Burger nighttime is fucking cancer
Damned lemmings

i know what you are feeling, i want to install some other OS and kiss microsoft goodbye but i want to play my vydia

They're datamining everyone after giving out the product service for free and now they're paywalling it before they pull the plug.
Of course they'll consider it a success.

It's just pathetic shitposting
Ignore it

Sorry I don’t confirm to your newfag expectations. I’ve been using the platform since the Apple II and sometimes still say “open apple” and “closed apple” when referring to command (you’d call it the windows logo key) and option (alt), respectively. I’m not a fan of a single thing the butt-blaster has done to the company post-Jobs.

Don’t reply to the wrong person next time, faggot.

Go back to sucking Bill Gates’ cock, then. We were discussing *NIX systems.

I replied to the right person, dingus. You told that user to read the entire sentence, as if the sentence was perfectly fine and all error was on him.

Windows 7 is still going to work, you fucking idiots. Do you think Kikerosoft is going to flip a switch in 2020 and every Win7 machine will just shut down? They just won't give it updates anymore, which are worthless anyway.

This whole thread is full of the stupidest niggers I have ever encountered here jesus christ.

It's not like you can't have more than one OS on a computer anyway. Shit is retard simple to do these days.

I'd never install 10 though, just to be clear.

Is Microsoft still pushing the W10 updates? I haven't updated 8.1 since then.

yes

No shit you dumb fucker, I have a pirated copy of Ultimate with the auto updater function off.
Microsoft officially cutting updates to Windows 7 will mean developers and hardware manufacturers will stop supporting it as well.
It's already happening with hardware considering Jewtel and AMPajeet latest's CPUs don't support Winblows 7.

It couldn't give a shit about garbage bloated updates, but normalfags do and the hardware and software manufacturers that Microsoft will pay to cut support to W7 certainly do.

Ryzen? I'm pretty sure they back tracked on that

I bet it's actually just F2P shit

Look at my ID. Now show the class where I said
I'll fucking wait.

It's entirely possible to block 10 from accessing any form of Microsoft servers, ever. It means no OS updates, but it also means absolutely no spying or telemetry.

These DRM schemes aren't about Piracy. They were never about piracy. The PC Platform is more profitable then it has ever been, why do you think AAA publishers, who normally gave PC tertiary attention at best, and Weeb publishers, who normally out right ignored it, are rushing to get their games on PC?

The market is huge, the overhead is low thanks to digital distribution, and it'll continually trickle in revenue with absolutely zero work by the publisher. Things physical mediums just don't allow. So, if PC is so god damn profitable that they all dropped everything to start supporting the platform en masse, why are they doing all this DRM bullshit? We know piracy doesn't actually effect sales, even the most recent EU study showed that. So, what's the game plan here?

It's simple. Post sale control. The game nowadays is Ecosystems. That's what it's all about. You get someone locked into your ecosystem and you have them by the balls. You control what can and cannot be done, farm personal information, serve up ads and synergize all this to increase sales. This is the current war going on between Apple, Google and Amazon, and a smaller scale version is happening in gaming. EA, Ubisoft and Microsoft all fucked off to make their own closed platforms to try and lock you into their ecosystems, where they can just farm you for money, information and ads.

Which is the real irony here. Steam, as much as Holla Forums hates it, are just regular gaming merchants. They control the monopoly ecosystem on PC, but they currently aren't interested in doing all the normal ecosystem bullshit everyone else does. Their greed is old fashioned, quaint almost. And by controlling the PC gaming ecosystem, they also, completely by accident, prevent any of the others from realizing their avaricious dreams of closed, completely controlled ecosystem. Don't take this as a defense of Valve, they aren't doing this on purpose, it's just their own ambitions are much more mundane and less malevolent then the ambitions of the others. That could change one day.

Until then, publishers have to try their hardest to find ways to get their grimy hands into your gaming library. To leverage their sales to you, the consumer, into ever growing, never ending revenue. Denuvo is a very small step toward that end goal.

The difference between EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, etc, is that they are all publically traded companies where wall street demans ROI and has these marketing departments that want to lock things down and collect all the information they can mine to sell ads. While Valve on the other hand, is a private company that answers to no share holders and only seem interested in making a profit as you stated.

checked

Denuvo Coaster?
The game that still nowadays has performance problems on modern GPUs and build?
The game that charges you FUCKING $11 for a "spooky pack" and the "adventure pack", just a bunch of props that should have been from the start?

Stay away from giving money to those kikes

I never said you said that. You made this post: , which is about said sentence. You made it to reply to a dude who misunderstood said sentence, because it's terribly written. But, instead of acknowledging how awful the sentence is, you implied the dude was entirely at fault for his own misunderstanding.

Man why is everyone so angry this month? It's not even the usual bullying, it's just people being pissy. Are there more women on now or something?

What are the chances of DX12 being cracked or just made available for Winblows 7 through exploits?

Which game uses this DRM?

This user gets it. It was never about piracy, it's more of control and domination. Piracy is just an excuse for malicious backdoors, information gathering, and telemetry.

This is why modern consoles are trash and why we might see "cloud gaming" forced on us one day.

Slim to none, maybe through DXVK when DX12 support becomes a thing, but I seriously doubt they'll support piracy.

pic related

consoles are a lot worse than PC in that regard. Consoles aren't always online DRM locked boxes where you have no physical ownership and are tied down to a single store which only offers you rentals of licenses of games. Much like you might still own a copy of super mario world on the super nintendo, you can own a 20 year old copy of bloodborne that 20 years from today will still work as you had it on day 1. Piracy is just evasion of the ecosystem, much like declining a steam hardware survey omits you from the statistics, it removes any influence you may have on that ecosystem.

They got PC gaming by the balls and have since steam won out.

console aren't worse than PC in that regard*

I don't want to buy an xbone just to play Forza I don't want to get W10 either this is pain.

It's suppose to "ease" the porting of games between the XB1 and Windows 10.

There's also the Phantom Dust remaster and ilomilo +.

UWP has failed and is essentially being abandoned in favour of PWA as the "future" for Windows "apps". A PWA is simply a website that uses certain Javascript APIs so it can be used offline. Microsoft plan to crawl the web for PWAs and package them into their shitty "app store" without asking permission from the website owner. Yes, Mircosoft really is that desperate. PWAs of course work on any recent real browser so there's no reason to use Windows as far as normalfags are concerned.

Microsoft has suffered one or two lost decades (depending on who you ask) in terms of APIs. For example they have never had a decent UI framework. Metro was and is an abomination. There are so many abandoned and deprecated APIs now developers have been trained to never trust Microsoft and not waste time investing in learning them.

Apple will never get their shit together in terms of performance or price and we see they are abandoning desktops and laptops (and cutting their own throats in the process) but there is a chance Linux will one day have APIs for basic things like sound that are documented and perform in a non-joke fashion (fingers crossed). When that happens Windows is finished. Arguably though Linux is heading in the wrong direction.

Today and for quite a long time many programs like Photoshop are almost completely separate from the OS. They did this for cross platform reasons but also because Windows essentially has no usable APIs apart from basic IO functions. Almost all game engines have layers that do the same thing.

Gonna get me that sea of thieves when it comes out hell ye
Nobody deserves their games torrented more than Microsoft

Their last resort to make UWP relevant at all is outright lock the ability to run regular Win32 stuff to the higher SKUs (Wijn10 Pro/Enterprise etc)

But is it any fun without other players?

They may do that. Though Microsoft has now abandoned Windows S after abandoning Windows RT, and is adding a Windows S mode to Windows 10. It is always funny to see how everything they've done is a wrapper for Win32. .NET and C# are useful but all the abstractions are so leaky and Win32 is everywhere. Win32 itself is just an extension of Win16. For example the basic window event system (window procedures) is from the Windows 3 era and earlier, and underneath Metro, UWP, etc still uses that (despite their denials).

Are you literally retarded

It's not just online is it?

I think it is.

Nigga, people used to set up offline WoW serves just so they could dick around in the world and do boring quests back when private servers weren't a thing.

Actual honest to god autists who would rather have a dick measuring contest about who's right about completely irrelevant shit than to discus fucking video games.
That and I wouldn't doubt for a second there's continued effort from other sites to shit up the board

Cuckchan is coming on this site
Clover now supports Holla Forums and Legacy Captcha was removed from cuckchan arounf the same time so we have shitters from there coming here.

Any game sold through the Windows 10 Store.

UWP is basically a sandboxed environment for applications and also acts as a DRM, It was bashed a lot on introduction because it basically becomes a closed ecosystem within an already closed ecosystem, thus adding yet one more layer of Microsoft to your PC. It would severely limit the openness of the platform.

With the initial presentation, I thought it was a good idea…then I found out about Windows CE on the Dreamcast and why that's mostly bullshit.

Shouldn't the staff on this website ban Clover then, since only retarded shitposting kikes are using it?

Then why are you bitching you nigger?

You’re utterly illiterate.

Genocide’s happening. No one’s doing anything about it. What fucking reason do YOU have left to live, you stupid piece of ignorant shit? Why should anyone be anything other than stark raving furious?

Do you even know what Clover is you retard?

>>>/cuckchan/

My god nobody even knows the games this shit was forced on, this is hilarious.

Reported for interminable retardation.

Windows XP support ended in 2014, can you name any games that do not work on windows XP that are not exclusive to windows 10?

All of the games that don't support DX9

Only UWP game I'm interested in is that one with the shota fox they showed at E3. Not a furry I swear.

like what?

Probably cracked it just because they could.

Like every game released after 2013

You really are fucking retarded.

only decent looking game out of those is sea of thieves, and that's always online.

so basically just shit games?

For now the best setup is Linux with a PCI passthrough VM so you can play games on Windows without having to dual boot and lose everything you're doing on Linux. It doesn't work for everyone though because your hardware has to be compatible and you need a second GPU. WINE is great for a lot of games but it's not enough to replace shitdows yet. You could at least stick Linux on a laptop and do your shitposting there.

>>>/out/

What if you miss something? Why bother when you can just use Linux and Windows 7?

At this point microsoft is just training the next era of blackhats.

Linux has more native games than any console in existence. Anyone who stays on windows because "durr linux nogames" just has a bad case of baby duck syndrome that they can't shake off.

Wine runs XP-era games and earlier better than Windows 10 does, and most dx9 games work just fine on wine. Either platinum or gold rank on winehq, just look up the game if there is any workarounds if it's gold rank.

whats this clip from, the way that it was scripted im guessing Monty python?

No. That's the famous 1984 film adaptation.

I didn't. My block is more of a whitelist than it is a blacklist. I don't access the Internet in Windows very often, if at all.

Also, I love the poetry behind John Hurt being Winston in 1984 and then the "big brother" figure of Norsefire in V for Vendetta. It's just a shame that the movie was a period piece of leftist faggot propaganda and not, you know, actually against leftism.

that wasn't part of the discussion, he asked for games that didn't work that weren't w10 exclusive. dx12 games are w10 exclusive, dx10 and dx11 games can't be played on xp and aren't w10 exclusive.

NO GRIDS NO BUY PIRATE

I like Win10.

Good job Codex but it should be mentioned that you not only need Win10 to play it…you also need to have the win10 store + xbox app installed.

It's a bit more than just DRM.
It's also intended to be their successor to Win32, not that it'll succeed on PC, where it counts, at least.

fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1709.frag
Disabling updates then debotnetting it makes the OS something worth using, in my opinion. I wouldn't ever suggest anyone else make the switch, though. There's nothing Win10 can do that Win7 or Win8.1 can't do, but certain hardware forced me to make the switch to Win10. I just don't hate it.

It's the successor to 32-bit Windows…? Did you mean GFWL?

Play games. Have a better UI. Run much faster.

It's just missing a comma.
>I feel like games aren't being cracked anymore because people want them, but how many levels of DRM they have

There, fixed.
Alternatively, you could phrase it as:
Either way, isn't the challenge the primary motivation to crack something? Public demand may prioritize what gets cracked first, but it ultimately comes down to the challenge, right?

???

No, the Win32 runtime, i.e. regular Windows apps.

The fact that UWP prevents modding is a cherry on top. It can't replace Win32 if it doesn't do the same thing.

Is this guide any good?

FF12 just got cracked. King Cum Delivery was cracked within the first day.

DBFZ and Injustass 2 next
Denublow v5 is out of comision

Lovely.