What happened to Hudson? How did they disapear?

What happened to the hudson bee?

Konami.

The Konami Jew got to them. Afterwhich they started making games like Bomberman Act Zero, a game so bad it took over a decade to recover, though they would have done so earlier had FUCKING KONAMI not shitcanned the 3ds game.

What's your favorite Hudson game?

Hudson was dying for over a decade, Konami slowly bought up their stock and mercy killed them after all their good devs left and their newest games became either low-budget or garbage like Mario Party 8 and Bomberman Act Zero.

Konami bought them out and ground them to dust making cell phone garbage.

The Mario Party crew moved from Hudson to Nintendo well before Mario Party 8.

Soldier Blade

Sounds like Nintendo ate them up then, kind of like Sega's employees as well.

Either Bonk's revenge or Bomberman Hero. I really want to try Super Bomberman R though, if only because it looks like an earnest effort, and they actually brought in some of the original devs to make it, fuck if i'm giving Konami the money for it though

The PSP game is a bit of a hidden gem that even the fanbase seems to neglect. I keep hearing Saturn Bomberman is by far the best one, though it's still pretty much the only one in the series I just never got around to for whatever reason.

Super Bomberman R is alright. It did a lot of things right and has some character, but it's also missing a lot of things (namely Remote Control, which I'm pretty sure has been in every game except the ancient 1983 computer game).

STILL THE TOURNAMENT STANDARD FOR 21 YEARS
SATURN BOMBERMAN IS THE STRONGEST

SCUM

Bomberman R wasn't even as good as the snes bombermans. It felt like is a very stripped down bomberman.

You get used to it, but it is jarring to say the least.

I dunno, I thought it had some decent bosses, certainly better than most of the SNES ones.

Daily reminder that their next Bomberman game is a moeblob fest aiming for the otaku bucks.

that's not bomberman that's bombergirl. A new bomberman came out last year.

I, for one, am l9ok8ng forward greatly to Waifuman.

Not expecting anything great from it, given the last time they pulled that shit.

Otomedius Excellent was a great game

the best way to get anyone interested in your game is to put a cute girl on the cover. cute girls blowing up cute things

No, this is a great game. You should kill yourself.

Am I wrong in saying they couldn't adapt to HD? All their games were very retro in gameplay, & they weren't catered to the HD era of games.

Would play tbh

I loved this game.

Yeah me too haha

Act Zero came before the buyout.
There was a site containing an interview with a former dev. I can't find it anymore.
After many years with good games flopping (the PS1 era was the one were the poisonous marketing teams were pushing the "everything must be new and have no sequels from past consoles" bullshit), the japanese branch decided to reform the brand in the worst way possible.
Basically, the japanese branch went the Crapcom way by the time of the PS2, and thought that every game made for non-japanese audiences must be edgy, dark, violent and all those shit, and they were so sure of their stupid idea that they threw all money on those games' productions.
While it created good games like the Bloody Roar franchise, it made shit like Act Zero, which alienated their fanbase in the west, and soon, people thought that Hudson was going nuts and stopped buying their games.
The reasoning for such stupidity was, guess what, GTA and it's clones making too much money. The japanese branch wanted Hudson to get rid of all "cuteness" and make only games with "GTA-like" characters, when making them for the western audience.
So, they did not have information on the tastes of it's consumers, and just sales numbers from other games. Then, decided that they should copy their visual styles and settings and put them on their well known franchises.
Pure idiocy.

Stop right there faggot. The Bloody Roar series was made by Raizing/Eighting, Hudson just published the games. Eighting is still around by the way, they just shit out licensed anime fighters constantly.

But Hudson only made a deal with them because of the new policy that i cited.
Hudson started good and slow on it's idea of "let's make some other things that are not so cute", but went full retard with it by the time of the PS2.

And That's a Good Thing. The switch bomberman was terrible. It can only go up from here.

REMEMBER ME, EDDIE???

Even after seeing TAS's and people longplaying this shit I still have no idea how to work the controls, I think I only ever won the first race and gave up afterwards because of how terrible everything was. Bomb Jumping was a fun idea but the stamina meter was terrible.

Digimon rumble arena 1.

Well, at least they let it rest in peace.

but was it excellent?

Gradius III is pretty close.

Their Mario Party games were the best in the series.

Oh yeah, that's the one where you blow their clothes off, kinda like if Bomberman met Strip Poker. It's where Bombergirls go to become Bomberwomen.

Honestly, game looks fine and adds cool, unique gameplay features - a bit too slow but that's early footage - but it'll probably be Japan only, let's face it.

They made the best Tetris game on 3DS before Ubisoft took the rights and pushed it out for their crappy one.

Because that worked out so well when they made Atomic Bomberman. Christ. I admit though that I used to love playing that game as a kid.

Cute.

Pleb.

I seriously hope this is just a spinoff to catch nu-male jap yen and not the future of bomberman.

I know I'm getting shit for this. It's not "excellent" more like merely "pretty gud", but this game is half of my childhood.
Also check out the TG16 version, it's hard as balls.

Someone's been talking shit about the MC again.

Japanese companies are only now understanding that high numbers aren't guarantee of enduring success.
Also, they are still figuring out that jst because some game was successful, that does not mean that the Gamers will want every other game to be like it.
You can see that stupid mindset in most of japanese companies during the PS2 era. They simply adopted the "let's be western" policy, and most of they have gone bankrupt because of this.

For a game that seemed so innocent there was so much content and challenge.

this right here was my infancy.

As a kid, this game was a challenge and mystifying

I never managed to get past the third floor.

would fap to doujins of

It was free too. You just need a japanese xp for it to work back then.

You have good taste.

My three mains, in order of favor, were Stun, Alice, and Long.

Sometimes I forget that Hudson made Mario Party 1 to 8.

(fukkn cheched)
Now I'm depressed.

Shenlong, Xion and Stun.

Hudson's greatest strength was in making fun party games. Their problem was that they released too many similar games too quickly, so everyone just bought one and was done with it.
When they tried to change that, they chose the worst idea possible, and bankrupted as a result.

They also made Special Super Mario Brothers

I want to cuddle Bomberman.

fuckin gay

Seconded, he doesn't swing that way. Reminder that in the original Lode Runner-verse, it's canon that Bomberman bombed a chick in the sack and has a smoking hot teenage daughter.

My fellow African-American. Hero was the first game to make me truly appreciate vidya music.

It's not gay if it's a robot.