Boss that kicked your shit in back on release but now they are cakewalks

So after watching a samurai film at a local indie cinema i got a hankering to replay Nioh. I got it near release and enjoyed it but Nier Automata stole my time.
Loading it up again i fell in love with it all over. Even on console it just feels so goddamn smooth and fluid in a way Dark Souls and in some cases Bloodborne can't reach. I was having a great time running a sword-ninjutsu build being a sneaky, trap using fucker. Then i approached the cave of the games 2nd real boss: Hino-Enma.

Now when this release she kicked the absolute shit out of me. Like 'okay the cutscene ended time to-oh and im dead' for like 2 hours.
This time it was like Neo seeing the code or something. She didn't touch me once and i bodied the fuck out of what was the hardest boss in the game for me on my last playthrough.
It made me think about similar cases like Orphan of Kos that to this day i know people who haven't beaten it or G rank Monhun boses. Things you remember as tough as shit and the absolute apex of your personal difficulty tier that on replay can't hit you once.

We all have those bosses -well unless you are fukken casul i suppose- but what bosses spring to mind for you?

Your mom would dominate me a lot when I was still a little shota, but now that I am a big, burly man, I wreck her pretty easily.

Tigrex and Nargacuga in MHFU and Ornstein and Smough in Dark souls 1.
I remember they made me completely quit the game and delete my save files but when I restarted my playthrough with the same builds I killed them first try with no problems.

These two assholes on the DLC's release.

So you just needed a break from them to beat them. I have the same problem where I can easily tunnel vision during boss fights especially in CUHRAYZEE games. When this happens and it happens at least once I take a few days break from the game and once I return I'm able to beat after an hour or so.

O&S actually got nerfed in Dark Souls 1 though so they really were harder at launch.

This first real boss in Odallus. I realized it was real video games.

yeah, if your only experience with dark souls is the PC port you've been playing the casualized version since day 1.

She still misses you chad.

She wishes you'd ring more often, user.

Thank God I played at launch. I remember the feeling of hopelessness after being sent back to Firelink with a curse after my first trip to the Depths, with no known way of healing myself. That was probably one of the best parts for me.

Yeah, I have only pity for those whos first experiences with the game could have any of their questions with a post on a forum or a search on a wikia. Where every bonfire was a massive relief and every title drop for a new area and every fog gate being an anus clencher, dark souls and demons souls at its real launch was an experience like no other.

Better have lots of rockets. If all you got is shotgun, you're fucked!

It took me around hundred attempts on this guy before I got a proper feel for his attacks and his weaknesses. It's not something that can be put into words.

Get on my level n00b

Vanilla Tri's version of Barroth is a fucking nightmare.

He was nerfed to hell and back in 3U and all subsequent games. I mean, get a load of how fast he recovered after a charge in webm related. He would easily triple charge you to death and if he clipped you with the first charge, you were going back to camp.

tigrex urgent in mhfu back when i was a shitter

You had better at least be playing on Nightmare to come up with that one, mate.

I still am a shitter, unlocked the urgent last night and failed 4 times in a row. 4u tigrex spoiled me with how ez it is to kill
There any easy way to kill the fucker?

To actually contribute to the thread; Sir Alonne from ds2. Bashed my head against that wall for a couple of days and took a break for a while. Came back and killed him first try, and haven't lost to him since.

not really, thunder weapons are good choice, if you cut the tail he has less range on few attacks + tail is safest spot to attack anyway

get earplugs and learn how to dodge leap if you haven't been doing that.
Bait his charging attack into a wall and then slam his ass with whatever you got if he gets stuck.

Fume knight did that for me. I died a gorillion times before I got used to all his strings and now I can kill him with my eyes closed.

pls no bully

It was like January 1994 when I first met them, and only played on Hurt Me Plenty. No mouse, just the default keyboard setup. I never even played Wolf3D beforehand, so it was hard enough. Hell, even just dodging imp fireballs was hard. But I was lucky enough to have a roommate with a 486. Some people played though the shareware on a 386SX/16 with the window set to smallest size.
So not quite comparable to someone playing today on high res with mouse freelook, general common knowledge about FPS tactics and WASD+mouse, etc.

What was the trick to that fight?

What?
You think I'm just not gonna post in this thread?

embed related always kicked my ass when I was a 6

Wear full black camo and you can snipe/potshot him really easily. Baiting him also worked cus you could wait around corners and start CQCing him.

Sniper him down-range. Though I've seen some speedrunners do some crazier shit to where he gets trapped in one place.

Don't forget this asshole. If you were a stupid kid or, god forbid, were playing with keyboard-only aiming (>>14327103 oh god, you were, I'm so sorry), he probably killed you like a billion times. Nowadays it's just hold the strafe key and pelt him rockets until he goes down

Fun fact, this protip was actually an incredibly useful one for gamers at the time. The Cyberdemon had so much health that most people thought their weapons weren't doing anything and that he was some kind of puzzle boss where you had to use some kind of specific weapon or lure him into a trap.

Most of that greentext is almost literally most of the monsters that you fight in the games.
Also it isnt hard, that guy just plays like shit, probably like how you do too.
OP was right about rajang, that fucker was and is still terrifying to this day.
And even worse is pic related, that fucker took all I had and even more to defeat.

Don't worry user I had trouble with that fight too

oompf

A chad on Holla Forums? You better watch your back.
Mark is gonna hunt you down and whoop your ass.

FRC Amygdala is hell, one hit and you're dead unless you are something like BL 150

Fuck this niggerfaggot with a rusty rake.

Hino-enma absolutely fucking destroyed me too. Felt awesome dodging her stun blasts though

I remember having a lot of trouble beating this sexy piece of fiend ass, it wasn't until I restarted the game in a new file and unlocked the flying swallow that I could finally beat her in regular and awakened form

She's shit all compared to that ice cunt.

Both her and Harvey. Then I realized even the lightest most insignificant amount of damage will put him on his ass if you hit him in the air which lets you get him into an infinite stunlock cycle.

As a kid this guy was pretty hard.I eventually realized you could destroy the wall mounted canons and that made the fight significantly easier.

Oh man I was so bad at Super Metroid as a kid.

Those bastards even had the fucking balls to put a save room down there. I'm sure many of us restarted games after failing to understand/master the wall jump.

This boss ruffled my feathers for a long time until I figured out the trick.

She is legitimately hard.

It's called muscle memory.

I didn't know Dark Souls 2 had a weeb dlc.

One of the first bosses with strong physical defense and it isn't even obvious. Offensively, There is no real safe distance to attack from, and some attacks have shitboxes that damage from the very start of the animation to the very last dissipation, like the ice spikes. That said, nioh has more flexibility on gearing so you can grind better equipment if at any point you get stalled by the difficulty.

Every time I scroll too quickly past this thread, I think OP's second image is a chocobo.

And it has living weapon. William should have activated fire rat after that first impalement.

You could only get the power bombs from the room if you walljumped. There was a lower level platform you could use to escape, however.

One of my favorite glitches is a memory corruption bug that does not seem to work on emulators - they seem to crash - but I can only get it to work on original hardware.

You need a room that's at least 25 (30?) cells big and isn't outdoors. An L-shaped room is ideal, because you get the total width and height. Anyways, I like to use the room in Crateria's old tourian area, you know that long shaft you go through near the start to get the morph ball? There's a secret powerbomb door to the right, about halfway down the shaft and it has those jumping amoeboids in it, that you're supposed to freeze and do a speed booster upwards to get a missile tank or something.

Anyways, in that room if you equip Spazer and Plasma and Wave beam, it bugs the fuck out. Spazer and Plasma will break the game if you shoot it and the projectile spawns (eg doesn't immediately hit a wall or enemy). The game chugs hard, and the top gets fucked with scrambled sprites, and then you leave the way you came in. Everything is fine now.

Next time you save and load, the entire game state is restarted, you play through the Ceres Station again, but you keep everything you've collected, including energy tanks and abilities (except regular missiles, because the cutscene adds and then removes them). I've collected over 50 energy tanks once, and it bleeds between files visually on the file select screen.

This fella, altho still not a cakewalk to this day.

Me and my brother killed him on our second try in 3U's high rank as a send off before G-rank. His flight mode's a pain in the ass because of his lightning charge otherwise he's not that hard. Granted we still carted twice but not bad for a second attempt in my opinion.

Hey, that's me playing in that webm I'm not as shit now, I swear.